Golem Rush Feedback Mega-Thread

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Um, i play a lot of wvw, i know i am not a high level, but i only been a few month old, i am up to level 135, and i play wvw at least 2 hrs a day, as I try to play everything. I not doing anything differnt then normal in wvwm, just things are kinda moving a little faster, and I seem to die a lot more, but it a game, it fun, it not, oh no, i am a gamer, i will adept, and when the week up, it will be miss but I’ll contiune to play WVW.

Two hours a day, lol.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

dont blame him on his rank, some people enjoy golems some dont.
i dont like it at all but even if i did we dont need golems when 2 hackers port around insta cap anything

You sir are in Tier 9 Fow or UW : )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Eversor.5186

Eversor.5186

I actually find it pretty funny to see everyone running around in golems, you should probably not take this so seriously.
Come on, it’s been 3 years of pretty much the same thing in WvW, they change things for one week, just have fun!

Can be fun for like an hour but now it has to end

in WvW

Posted by: Eversor.5186

Eversor.5186

These are the first post I’m making on GW2 forums cause before that event I was too busy defending my bl

in WvW

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

Time to get caught up on Witcher 3.

Seriously, don’t for a minute think Anet will like this sort of feedback. Anything that doesn’t jive with their “vision” on things gets swept under the rug and forgotten. So if you aren’t on board with Anet’s vision, you aren’t on board.

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Archenemy.9784

Archenemy.9784

It could have been a good idea but this is a fail.
I appreciate the fact you are trying to implant some event but think twice about you are doing… WvW is ruined, say goodbye to tactic and defending objective, the winner this week will be the one who have the better karma train. Sad…

Bye GW2 for 1 week :/

Yukino Mikatsuchi [iNk]

(edited by Archenemy.9784)

in WvW

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

I hope they dont take the feedback of people who have played it for all of 10-15 minute too seriously. There will always be people who are resistant to change and refuse to give things even the smallest of chances before going on the attack.

Let’s let the week play out and, if it proves to not be fun, make suggestions on how it could be made so. Saying “it’s horrible” or “it’s pve” (which it definitely isnt unless the golems start controlling themselves) this early isnt really constructive feedback. Its complaining to be complaining.

Hm, you’re management material … seriously … and I do not mean this as a complement, mind.

Oh, so we decided to change your monitors to 10" on your PCs and to lower resolution to 640 by 480. This is a great change because it will save on electricity, the heat emission from the panels is much lower and it’s less strain on the eyes because you can see the whole screen at once … so how can you actually say that this is a bad decision after we have barely begun to change the monitors? Wait a few months and I am sure you will apprechiate what we did for you …

It’s this type of talk I get on a daily base and I have to say … SOME people can see a bad idea when it is presented top them – they do not need WEEKS or MONTHS to see that something isn’t working. Unfortunately most of them do not seem to work in management …

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

in WvW

Posted by: Umaru.2634

Umaru.2634

I mean, some folks will like this kind of “fun event” that “only” last for a week. But I think most dont. It’s just each player perspective I guess? It was fun for the first 1 or 2 hours.
Oh well, guess I will take a week off.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Can’t say anything else much besides that I’m truly disappointed in the lack of efforts that went into the current WvW since EotM release.

I think I’m going to get 100 siege disablers and go ruin everyone’s “fun”.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Here what I do not get. You do the same thing, day in and day out, everyday, for months on end. So anet decide, lets shake it up, have a event, and i see complaints. No construction on, how is bad, just saying, it bad and it sucks. But why, were you so set in your ways they this is a big change? Why not go out there and have fun. What stoping you from playing as normal? I am just confused by this? On top of this, I notice more players in wvw, take the time to introduce your self to the new WVW, they came for the fun, they may stay after it gone?

Should only been over weekend.

So only people who play during the weekend can enjoy the event, not the people who play during the week?

There’s a casual – run in circles and collect loot – version of WvW – it is called EotM.

Then there is borderlands where – if you have a proper matchup for a change – tactics and strategy comes into play. Cut that keep off supply, attack to drain existing supply, then try to take it …

Now all you need to do is go there with 25+ golems. A door is down in seconds – no amount of siege defense will help you. As all three parties are online and playing it is absolutely impossible to upgrade something. The clever use of supplies … unimportant. Just build golems for free and hammer at doors – who needs to bother about camp control, guarding/pushing Dollies?

It has made borderlands even WORSE than EotM ever was/is …

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

This event is so fun that I’m downloading ESO…

in WvW

Posted by: antonbalboa.7280

antonbalboa.7280

The exploit has been there for ages, now with the 100% damage improvement is even worse. Of course it is broken, as a lot of other bugs/things this game has and still, they prefer to make a “golem week” instead of fixing what they should have fixed for ages

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

For years we have called for less golems, they brought us more….

This is Anet’s way of reducing the supply. Tons of golems will be consumed during this event, then you’ll have your wish.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

Why not make it so there’s more to do as players to counter siege, not make siege steroids? Like a ladder you can build to get into a structure without siege for once. or just a scale the wall option, or some weapon set that wrecks siege faster. Like anything that makes W3 less siegewars and fosters destacking the blob for more effective/fun strategy. I mean spam golems with no supply lol. If you need to get rid of badges just sell things worth having with badges besides trinkets and a bunch of stuff i can’t salvage if I don’t like how a build works out. I don’t think anyone would complain about pricing most regulars are sitting on tens of thousand of badges they’re basically karma at this point.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

This is Anet’s way of reducing the supply. Tons of golems will be consumed during this event, then you’ll have your wish.

except thousands of badges are generated from eotm karma trains every day, the golem supply is endless

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

It just a week long event, it not permeninte, why not just enjoy the roller coaster for the week, it not the end of the world?

It’s because the fact that people already predicted this before it even happened, it’s because it’s every time more frustrating how Anet just cares about their PVE playerbase and new players and doesn’t take any attention to the veteran playerbase, or a game mode as it is WvW, that has such loyal players and after all, makes the name of the game you are playing “Guild Wars”. Maybe it should be named “Spam Wars” to be more fitted to the actual game

Farm wars

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

in WvW

Posted by: Markan.3460

Markan.3460

If they thought that then they expected the golems to fight and get destroyed. Early results suggest golems k-training in a circle while taking zero damage and generating more than the badges to buy a new golem.

Maybe it will change later in the week, but I’m not hopeful.

Oh, and doing it before the match was finished was a terrible idea!!!

The Older Gamers – Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

That only play WvW, we had this one game mode, now we have entire week ahead of BS like this golem rush… EOTM would be totally fine for this kind of event, yes its fun 5 min.. but not entire week.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in WvW

Posted by: chaly.7638

chaly.7638

The most escapist decision, as distant from customer as it could be, worst and crude idea I’ve ever seen since 12 years in an mmo.
Whoever agreed to start this event has no idea about the world-vs-world as it is being played and why we play it for years without much innovation.

Epic fail by our head of WvWvW department.
Fortunately this happened in summer..

in WvW

Jayne.9251

in WvW

Posted by: Happyangrycatfish.1725

Happyangrycatfish.1725

Yeah ikr on ET its a beatdown. Golem rushes all over against us. I rage quit to EoTM to be greeted by the noob squad twins in their golems. They chased me around and then used their twirling ability to twirl themselves off midsts which I must say I found amusing.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I actually find it pretty funny to see everyone running around in golems, you should probably not take this so seriously.
Come on, it’s been 3 years of pretty much the same thing in WvW, they change things for one week, just have fun!

How do you mean not take this seriously ? This has been the worst reset Ever,zerging is golems vs golems,everything is paper and roaming isn’’t even worth it,ninja capping isn’t worth it ,nothing is worth it this week.The guy that thought this would be fun is a kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Happyangrycatfish.1725

Happyangrycatfish.1725

Yeah agreed. There is 0 defense for these golem blobs.

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

So this is how providing feedback on the forums will be – anyone who says they enjoy it even a little will be labeled “bad” or a “pve player” – or insulted in some other way.

That is a common political tool for controlling the outcome of a conversation – make the conversation so toxic that anyone disagreeing will simply stay away. That kind of pervasive negativity pretty much invalidates the forums (for this topic anyway) as an effective way for developers to gather feedback, imo.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

So this is how providing feedback on the forums will be – anyone who says they enjoy it even a little will be labeled “bad” or a “pve player” – or insulted in some other way.

That is a common political tool for controlling the outcome of a conversation – make the conversation so toxic that anyone disagreeing will simply stay away. That kind of pervasive negativity pretty much invalidates the forums (for this topic anyway) as an effective way for developers to gather feedback, imo.

How about everyone who comments indicates how many hours of the day (and per week) they play WvW and for how many years.

Ofc it would rely on people being completely honest — but would that validate their comments more?

Because I can tell you, the people who actually play WvW are not enjoying this event.

This should have been kept in EoTM exclusively and those who were curious/wanted to test it out could do so.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

First I was like “this is a kitten stupid idea” and then I decided to give it a shot and at least play the reset…4 hours later I’m like “yeah…is anet trying to kill the few real wvw’ers who are still playing gw2?!”.

This ist the stupiest event I’ve ever expierenced! Upgrade anything? NO it gets golem rushed! Scout anything? NO it gets golem rushed faster than your zerg can react if you are infight!
We killed about 50+ omegas of the enemy zerg today and lost all our stuff. Afterwards we rushed their stuff with 20 omegas just to get rushed again by 50+ new omegas…GG!

It is a god kitten karma train and you knew this is going to happen! Please remove the wvw achievements from the “Competitive”-categorie and move it to “General” → “Funny kitten things” or something like that.

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

My guild plays home bl, as do alot of people we know in other guilds. We are ALL bored with this event allready. thanks for ruining a week of potential fun in wvw anet.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It just a week long event, it not permeninte, why not just enjoy the roller coaster for the week, it not the end of the world?

It’s because the fact that people already predicted this before it even happened, it’s because it’s every time more frustrating how Anet just cares about their PVE playerbase and new players and doesn’t take any attention to the veteran playerbase, or a game mode as it is WvW, that has such loyal players and after all, makes the name of the game you are playing “Guild Wars”. Maybe it should be named “Spam Wars” to be more fitted to the actual game

To me and a lot of wvw players like open field fighting and not really a big fan of every thing made of metal vs your every thing is paper. If every thing is paper you need bodys to def and not just walls.

Any way its a week even don’t play if you truly do not like it. Some ppl would say they want golmes only and to do away with AC treb cats maybe this is a means of testing golems only with out removing other sieges.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: antonbalboa.7280

antonbalboa.7280

To me and a lot of wvw players like open field fighting and not really a big fan of every thing made of metal vs your every thing is paper. If every thing is paper you need bodys to def and not just walls.

Any way its a week even don’t play if you truly do not like it. Some ppl would say they want golmes only and to do away with AC treb cats maybe this is a means of testing golems only with out removing other sieges.

The problem is that you lack the defenders, because it is useless to defend

in WvW

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

yep stupid event tbh.
Spoils the fun of wvwvw.

They should have done this for one day event like april the 1st.

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

You don’t understand guys. That’s an elaborate scheme to make the price of the golems rise insanely high to reduce their use on the battlefield. Capitalism ftw!

in WvW

illenos.5134

Don’t remind me of the last april fool’s day! -.- Roaming is nothing too competitive for anet because it seems like you don’t have to be able to predict animations and so on…like in pvp…where they turned it off.

kitten!

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

How about everyone who comments indicates how many hours of the day (and per week) they play WvW and for how many years.

Ofc it would rely on people being completely honest — but would that validate their comments more?

Because I can tell you, the people who actually play WvW are not enjoying this event.

This should have been kept in EoTM exclusively and those who were curious/wanted to test it out could do so.

Amen. So many threads/comments lately by people who CLEARLY haven’t spent a lot of time in wvw or are mistaking eotm for wvw.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

With all due respect anet I believe the course offered below is just what you need to be a successful company moving forward. Good luck in your future event planning!

https://www.coursera.org/course/projects101

Most notable: Learn from unsuccessful projects

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Are WvW forum players even having fun playing this game? Come on guys, all these silly golems everywhere, don’t you find it hilarious? Ok, PPT is a nightmare, but I can live a week without PPT, can’t you? In addition, the price of golems will rise, and you won’t see many golems for a while after this. Everybody wins.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Are WvW forum players even having fun playing this game? Come on guys, all these silly golems everywhere, don’t you find it hilarious? Ok, PPT is a nightmare, but I can live a week without PPT, can’t you? In addition, the price of golems will rise, and you won’t see many golems for a while after this. Everybody wins.

It’s because WvW needs so much more right now than a golem rush. It needs a complete overhaul. We’ve been waiting 2 years for something to be done to improve WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

So this is how Anet creates “content” for WvW’ers where minimal thougt, work and effort is put into. Just change some details in the code and tadda! “Here’s some content for you”.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

I was running around in my golem and noticed I was carrying 49 supply; I’m guessing its a bug related to building golems using 0 supply but I thought I would throw it out there.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Our Guild isnt gonna do WvW this week, just broke the only game construct I enjoy, tnx Josh

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

illenos.5134

The price is pretty stable or even sinking and every guild with like 15+ players is able to poop new omegas like there is no tomorrow.
This is the reason why wvw “forum” players are not enjoying it at all. Wvw was meant to be competitive but we never got any reward for playing it and so on but this event has made it even worse. Most wvw’ers are also waiting for a gvg system like in gw1 but I think we don’t need it in a game called GUILD WARS…

We are sick of the general treatment of wvw and this is this “little” event is like the straw to break the camel’s back. So nobody should be suprised by all those posts and the posts which are to come for the rest of the week and maybe even for a longer period of time.

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Lets give all mobs and bosses in PvE 250% more health, double their damage to all players and make them 100% faster. It will be fun, it is only a week, join the rollercoster!

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

This has been pretty hilarious for me so far; its pretty fun when you are the only one with a golem.

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Most wvw’ers are also waiting for a gvg system like in gw1 but I think we don’t need it in a game called GUILD WARS…

The worst part is that that comment is already 2 years old and still accurate…

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

Shows they dont give a kitten about WvW players,sorry but it’s true.They could have easily started this in Eotm first where PPT dont matter and people dont spend ridiculous amounts of money on upgrading..They Knew this would happen,if not…they’re idiots out of touch with the WvW community.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

You got ripped off. Some are toting around 55 supp.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its started already? I thought it was starting on reset? Why would they start it before reset and pollute the previous weeks result?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

It coincided with EU reset basically. Don’t worry tho. Now it’s awful for everyone : )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

Its started already? I thought it was starting on reset? Why would they start it before reset and pollute the previous weeks result?

Enjoy yourselves NA !

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Sooo which dev actually thought this was a proper fun idea to implement as an event ? Could you not foresee this kitten from happening?

The sheer lack of forethought and the fact that it is such an out of touch decision points to Devon Carver.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro