NFL SuperBowl & Server Pride...

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Unfortunately most don’t care about server pride. It’s a dead concept.

Source? Evidence?

I care about server pride, many on my server do. Perhaps ‘server pride’ is a stronger thing in lower tiers, there’s more server identity the lower you go in general. It’s certainly not dead though, and that’s one of the big reasons WvW persists as a game-mode. Darkhaven, however, is filled to the brim with server loyalists, though idk how it is for other servers.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

That’s doesn’t answer the question of why the devs made spvp cross server…

Tennis – You want to encourage all players to fight against each other. Only the strongest individual or paired players will become a Wimbledon Champion. Megaserver is wonderful at matching all players against each other.

NFL Football – You want to encourage well established & well known Teams to fight against each other. The community of fans are encouraged to fight & cheer for their Home Team. The best & well known Team becomes the the SuperBowl Champions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Championships,_Wimbledon

The inaugural 1877 Wimbledon Championship opened on 9 July 1877.
The Gentlemen’s Singles was the only event held and was won by Spencer Gore, an old Harrovian rackets player, from a field of 22.
About 200 spectators paid one shilling each to watch the final.

Ok so cross server “encourages all players to fight against each other” and “megaserver is wonderful at matchmaking”.

Why is the heart of the mists spvp lobby cross/mega server? Why purpose does that serve?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

@Swagger

My point is many popular sports were not viewed or played by millions at one point in history.

Soccer <—- First Original Football that came before American Football
American Football
Baseball
Golf
Tennis

All these sports started somewhere…without the huge following that they have today.

Can you be so narrow minded to think that all the above sports had millions of followers the day they were invented?

Found some information I’d like to share.

The Gentlemen’s Singles was the only event held and was won by Spencer Gore, an old Harrovian rackets player, from a field of 22.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

But that again doesn’t answer why the devs made a common spvp lobby.

in WvW

Diku.2546

That’s doesn’t answer the question of why the devs made spvp cross server…

Tennis – You want to encourage all players to fight against each other. Only the strongest individual or paired players will become a Wimbledon Champion. Megaserver is wonderful at matching all players against each other.

NFL Football – You want to encourage well established & well known Teams to fight against each other. The community of fans are encouraged to fight & cheer for their Home Team. The best & well known Team becomes the the SuperBowl Champions.

Ok so cross server “encourages all players to fight against each other” and “megaserver is wonderful at matchmaking”.

Why is the heart of the mists spvp lobby cross/mega server? Why purpose does that serve?

It’s a matter of scale.

Tennis depends on single or double players in match-ups.
NFL Football are teams with very well established identities.

in WvW

Diku.2546

Because it’s a lobby where players wait to enter the arena?

sPvP players fight for themselves?

WvW …I fight for my World?

It’s not fun being a Gladiator fighting for a Red, Green, or Blue team…that can change depending on where the system decides it needs me.

I’d rather fight for a Purpose…in my case…my World that has a singular identity & community.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

There’s a slight flaw (at least for me) in sports game teams, and that is you can trade/buy/sell players… So really you’re cheering for a company.

The other thing is, “winning” in gw2 WvW doesn’t mean much (besides tournies…) in the game. Winning the SuperBowl does mean something, in the sports game world.

The other thing is, gw2 has a philosophy of “play how you want/play for fun”… Which will conflict with putting meaning into any game mode… With that, they will never put too much meaning into one mode, nor will they succeed in it – despite their current efforts at eSports and the whole shebang.

(Like most other games, you can usually pick out one thing about them that the whole game revolves around, and/or you can identify an end-game…)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Its just too bad that WvW is an NFL match that begin with equal teams, then after a couple of hours the standing is 23 to 20 and the winning team go phew, that was close, what a fight! Lets continue tomorrow. Everyone leaves the field… and 3 guys come out to continue, running the ball in against no one.

When everyone come back the next morning the score is 158 to 20.

in WvW

Diku.2546

Its just too bad that WvW is an NFL match that begin with equal teams, then after a couple of hours the standing is 23 to 20 and the winning team go phew, that was close, what a fight! Lets continue tomorrow. Everyone leaves the field… and 3 guys come out to continue, running the ball in against no one.

When everyone come back the next morning the score is 158 to 20.

Hahaha…that was a good one.

My only suggestion is to change the Base Map Mechanic to use Globes.

Which would allow your International Allies to attack the Enemy Globe that continues to run the ball in your Home Globe after you’ve left the field for the night.

New Base Map Mechanic in case you’re wondering…that is being proposed.

It’s not a perfect solution, but Globes are a way to preserve the Server Identity while allowing fluid & dynamic matches between All Globes with a Globe visit limitation that ANet could enforce to prevent players from gaming the system.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Because it’s a lobby where players wait to enter the arena?

sPvP players fight for themselves?

WvW …I fight for my World?

It’s not fun being a Gladiator fighting for a Red, Green, or Blue team…that can change depending on where the system decides it needs me.

I’d rather fight for a Purpose…in my case…my World that has a singular identity & community.

Players also make and fight for their team correct?

in WvW

Diku.2546

@displayname

If you chose Option B. You might want to take a look at a Topic Thread titled:

Reboot the Base Map Mechanic & Population

Read the first post…it’s been heavily modified since being 1st posted as an alternative solution to our Current Problems in WvW.

It’s not perfect, but at least it allows players to go where the fun is without sacrificing Server Pride & Team Identity.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Server communities is what has kept people playing a reward-less game for the past three years. It’s only with the advent of the new map and the pve mechanics on those maps that WvW has completely sputtered out.

The problem with megaserver is that there is no brand loyalty. The conclusion that new communities will emerge from it is specious if you look at how the mechanics will work.

First off, if you’re not in a big guild, you likely will have a randomized map. If you do defense at all for your server, you will know that the bulk of those defenders come from small or solo guilds.

Big guilds tend to want to run together, so they are not going to separate one or two members to scout and watch the maps. They just won’t.

And how many guilds do you know of that strictly do defense 24/7 in WvW? And how big are those guilds? Not likely very big.

And if those smaller solo/guilds are randomized into different matches, there’s no creation of team — the backbone of WvW will disappear simply because people won’t respond to scout call outs because they don’t know and trust that scout. Scouts will stop doing the most unrewarding task on map because their efforts are being ignored.

With no scouts, and no defenders, the map will consist of attack forces only. With nobody defending the keeps or towers, and only attack on the map, the map will ultimately morph into a pve-champ train map — all aboard the ktrain.

And I think people forget that without defense, you can’t really have fights. It’s a symbiotic relationship. You lose one, you lose the other.

For those of us who have played this game, and loved this game mode, for the past three years — and honestly with the sheer lack of rewards in WvW and STILL it drew a loyal following is indication of people’s passion for this game. And all of that relied on a sense of community.

It didn’t happen because of guilds and their alliances. It happened because of a common purpose/server pride/goals that brought all those different guilds and single players together.

Take away that, and you’ll see WvW turn into a giant pve ktrain. Which will empty the next time a big update/shiny is announced.

Please stop projecting your experience onto others. I do not play for server pride, I play for the fight and so do 99% of the people I play with regularly, we’ve had that conversation among ourselves and most of them aren’t even aware who wins the week so please refrain from speaking for everyone, or even most people for that matter. My “brand loyalty” is my guild.

Unless I missed something, Anet has yet to reveal how they’re going to go about revamping WvWvW yet people are yelling megaserver and EotM, panicking and running with arguments based on assumptions in attempts to rally support against a system they know kitten all about.

I’m a little amused at how people go on about “my community!” yet cling to something as shallow as a server name. As if its the only thing than can be a source of pride. Season stacking, “tier balancing”, players trickling up tiers, even whole guilds moving together etc to the point where it rearranges server rankings and people are still screaming server pride is the backbone of WvWvW . SMH.

P.S
@ OP
Bad idea to compare WvWvW to professional sports. I’ve never heard of a 24/7 10v20v60 game.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Tier 1 wvw on a Sunday night and there is ONE commander tag up across 4 maps…

That is your segregated server pride in action…

And on my poor T3 server we had ~2 commanders on EB, ~2 commanders on one of the BLs and 0-1-2 on the other Bls.

That is what I like, knowing all of them by name, seeing them week after week. And if I can’t ‘cos some strange megaserver, I’ll leave wvw. Not a threat, just my decision.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Bubi.5237

They made Server-based lobby, but when the people left the game after the initial rush, the megaserver crawled there.

As you can see here , HotM was the “testing place” of megaservers just like the other maps listed there.
It does not mean megaserver waiting lobby is good, all it does mean is that Anet devs think that an empty waiting lobby makes it looking worse.. even if we all know how little the gamebase for spvp.
Don’t forget, the matches were not server-based since launch, only HotM was.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Diku.2546

@gennyt

You’re right…we don’t know what ANet is planning on doing with the future of WvW.

However, Population Stacking, Can’t play with Friends, and Off Peak capping problems is still broken in my opinion.

HoT hasn’t helped things and in my opinion has made it worse.

What I think happened is another Severe Server Stack occurred recently.

Players not playing in Top Tier Servers stopped playing.

Everybody in the Lower Tiers wanting to get a piece of the action…migrated up into these empty seats of players busy doing something else that is more fun or distracting them from playing in WvW.

It’s really the Current Base Map Mechanic that forces players to game the system in order to have fun by Stacking Servers that brought us to this mess…imho.

ANet really needs to Reboot its Base Mechanic for WvW to fix the problems that are caused by bloatware and silly apps they thought would be good for WvW, but is making it worse…imho.

Hmmm…speaking for myself & not others. Professional sports is a good example to use.

You’re motivated to play for your Guild. Would you also like to say the 90% of the people you play with regularly also share your motivation?

It’s this shared Pride that has the potential to nurture a strong sense of community.

It’s this kind of Pride that creates a Strong Sense of Community which is the backbone behind many Good & Hard Fought Rivalries imho.

A really exciting Football season between staunch or bitter Rivals leads to a successful NFL SuperBowl.

The core message still goes back to Pride based on a unique identity…it start out in High School, grows in College, and peaks in Professional Sports…this concept of Team identity.

We need to build WvW around this unique identity…

World Server is a very large slew of people in one sweep…

Guild size can be small or large…

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

They made Server-based lobby, but when the people left the game after the initial rush, the megaserver crawled there.

As you can see here , HotM was the “testing place” of megaservers just like the other maps listed there.
It does not mean megaserver waiting lobby is good, all it does mean is that Anet devs think that an empty waiting lobby makes it looking worse.. even if we all know how little the gamebase for spvp.
Don’t forget, the matches were not server-based since launch, only HotM was.

I really think you are on to something here.

Let’s replace a few of your own words to put this into better context…

Anet devs think that emptier wvw servers, emptier maps, major population imbalances, and server stacking makes wvw look worse.. We also all know these to be “facts of pixilated life” plaguing wvw and shows how little the playerbase truly is for wvw.

So what do we do about this Bubi?

More segregated servers and wvw experience?

Replace the current individual servers by adding in another convoluted mess of individual servers?

Free transfer so we can have even MORE stacking issues?

No no no…

You take all the dwindling players and pool them together so they can play and so it gives the illusion that all is well in wvw land…

Lots and lots and lots of players are fighting for their GUILD and FRIENDS LIST and for GOOD FIGHTS… Not server pride…

I led an outmanned group in eotm and didn’t know anybody following me… Yet we had some really epic battles through the match and only wiped once while having a few very large victories and a ton of small ones too… Most memorable was when BL took wurm and we knew they were going to hit the tunnel… I started to drop ACs near the area but not in their direct path to our keep… Those ACs were visible though… Our team backed up and hid… Let BL through and they went on their merry way to our keep not even touching ACs…. So we jumped out and started pounding the back half of the zerg tail…. They kept pushing in and we kept thinning them out, protecting our ACs… Dropping more ACs… With BL almost wiped…. here comes FR and we held our ground while still outmanned in the open field…. As we were the whole time… And we wiped them too…

We got wiped once that day at a keep lord… That’s it…

I have tons of little stories from wvw and eotm… All of them about the fights, not the numbers on the board…

I don’t give a hoot what server I’m on, I care about seeing lots of peeps on the map and kicking some pixels… Not staring at empty maps… I’m pretty sure most would agree…

My story example showed that we overcame superior numbers, but 9 out of 10 times that’s not the case… If players keep getting outmanned and losing, and knowing every time they step into wvw they will be outmanned… They will either transfer servers or just quit entirely… That’s been wvw in a nutshell so far, and those are the main problems that need to be stopped and fixed… Along with some day vs night capping resolution… Along with lack of meaningful rewards and feeling of progress… But, population imbalances need to be addressed FIRST, so how do we make ALL maps closer to equal in numbers more often???

Let’s circle these thoughts back to all things spvp now…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Diku, do you know what NATO is?

in WvW

Swagger.1459

And… I’ll add one thing…

So I played wvw for a short period of time… Big maps… More running… Less fighting… Carppy rewards… Did the tournaments… 500 scraps of absolute junk… I want a full set of mist weapons but I can only buy ONE weapon, of the ones I want, for 300 scraps…

WvWvW is a completely boring as hell and unrewarding waste of time…

At least I know if I go to eotm I’m guaranteed somewhat closer in number matches at times, it’s hell of a lot more fast paced AND fights happen more often… Rewards are still carppy though…

I could buy every legendary off the bltc right now with money, but I want those mist weapons and I want to fight… Simple right?

So at the very least, I know in eotm I’ll get more balanced fights more often when I go there…

And you know what’s sad? I probably clicked on that vendor 50 times looking at those weapons thinking to myself… “I can’t believe how little Anet cares about parts of their game”…

They can make a supergiganticawesome expansion, yet they can’t, over the course of one day, make it so we can convert badges of honor into these junk scraps so players can have a set of those weapons that have been sitting there for a year…

I think… “Look at all these temporary weapons and neeto weapon skills around the game that were made”, yet anet can’t improve THREE… Count them… 1, 2 and 3 skills on the Ranger sword…" and “Oh look at all these cool elites and skills”… /looksbackatRangersword…

Sad Anet, very sad…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Server communities is what has kept people playing a reward-less game for the past three years. It’s only with the advent of the new map and the pve mechanics on those maps that WvW has completely sputtered out.

The problem with megaserver is that there is no brand loyalty. The conclusion that new communities will emerge from it is specious if you look at how the mechanics will work.

First off, if you’re not in a big guild, you likely will have a randomized map. If you do defense at all for your server, you will know that the bulk of those defenders come from small or solo guilds.

Big guilds tend to want to run together, so they are not going to separate one or two members to scout and watch the maps. They just won’t.

And how many guilds do you know of that strictly do defense 24/7 in WvW? And how big are those guilds? Not likely very big.

And if those smaller solo/guilds are randomized into different matches, there’s no creation of team — the backbone of WvW will disappear simply because people won’t respond to scout call outs because they don’t know and trust that scout. Scouts will stop doing the most unrewarding task on map because their efforts are being ignored.

With no scouts, and no defenders, the map will consist of attack forces only. With nobody defending the keeps or towers, and only attack on the map, the map will ultimately morph into a pve-champ train map — all aboard the ktrain.

And I think people forget that without defense, you can’t really have fights. It’s a symbiotic relationship. You lose one, you lose the other.

For those of us who have played this game, and loved this game mode, for the past three years — and honestly with the sheer lack of rewards in WvW and STILL it drew a loyal following is indication of people’s passion for this game. And all of that relied on a sense of community.

It didn’t happen because of guilds and their alliances. It happened because of a common purpose/server pride/goals that brought all those different guilds and single players together.

Take away that, and you’ll see WvW turn into a giant pve ktrain. Which will empty the next time a big update/shiny is announced.

Please stop projecting your experience onto others. I do not play for server pride, I play for the fight and so do 99% of the people I play with regularly, we’ve had that conversation among ourselves and most of them aren’t even aware who wins the week so please refrain from speaking for everyone, or even most people for that matter. My “brand loyalty” is my guild.

Unless I missed something, Anet has yet to reveal how they’re going to go about revamping WvWvW yet people are yelling megaserver and EotM, panicking and running with arguments based on assumptions in attempts to rally support against a system they know kitten all about.

I’m a little amused at how people go on about “my community!” yet cling to something as shallow as a server name. As if its the only thing than can be a source of pride. Season stacking, “tier balancing”, players trickling up tiers, even whole guilds moving together etc to the point where it rearranges server rankings and people are still screaming server pride is the backbone of WvWvW . SMH.

P.S
@ OP
Bad idea to compare WvWvW to professional sports. I’ve never heard of a 24/7 10v20v60 game.

And likewise, don’t project your experience onto others. You already speak of your guild being your brand. That’s not the case for everyone, and most certainly not your server’s defense team.

I know you care only about the fights, but lose your defense and your map will become nothing but a ktrain, that will render it indistinguishable from a pve champ map. Both sides need to exist if this mode is to work.

Have a little foresight enough to see that your defensive team are the ones who care about community. I know it won’t matter to you, you’ve already stated your guild is all that matters.

But it does matter to others. And there’s a lot of us.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Swagger.1459

And… Last thing for now… Anet has the WHOLE team of engineers slaving away at keyboards with raw and bloody fingers for some super secret wvw project, yet they can’t toss us some reward bones to chew on or drop a couple nice qol features that wvwers have been begging for…

Yeah.

in WvW

Bubi.5237

~the random text about worshiping megaservers~

Let’s see…
We had some numbers before HoT, which grew when HoT released, not just a few guild were coming back to try out the new WvW.

Then suddenly we have less people playing than before HoT.

Do you truly believe that wvw can be maintained on the long run by merging servers? As megaserver/alliance/whatever you call it is nothing else but a server merge with fluffs.
You remove the servers and replace them with a thing which connects them as a community… just like a server, with another name.

Yes, you can maybe temporarily increase the perceived population by removing servers, but it will not change the main problem, so people will continue to leave until you don’t have enough players for 3 sides.

You can try to delay, you can try out megaservers, but I’ll not participate in it, and that’s 1 less player to play wvw. I believe what we have to do is trying to get players back, not pushing them away.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

And… I’ll add one thing…

So I played wvw for a short period of time… Big maps… More running… Less fighting… Carppy rewards… Did the tournaments… 500 scraps of absolute junk… I want a full set of mist weapons but I can only buy ONE weapon, of the ones I want, for 300 scraps…

At least I know if I go to eotm I’m guaranteed somewhat closer in number matches at times, it’s hell of a lot more fast paced AND fights happen more often… Rewards are still carppy though…

I could buy every legendary off the bltc right now with money, but I want those mist weapons and I want to fight… Simple right?

So at the very least, I know in eotm I’ll get more balanced fights more often when I go there…

And you know what’s sad? I probably clicked on that vendor 50 times looking at those weapons thinking to myself… “I can’t believe how little Anet cares about parts of their game”…

They can make a supergiganticawesome expansion, yet they can’t, over the course of one day, make it so we can convert badges of honor into these junk scraps so players can have a set of those weapons that have been sitting there for a year…

I think… “Look at all these temporary weapons and neeto weapon skills around the game that were made”, yet anet can’t improve THREE… Count them… 1, 2 and 3 skills on the Ranger sword…" and “Oh look at all these cool elites and skills”… /looksbackatRangersword…

Sad Anet, very sad…

Finally you explained why you keep posting the things you post. I get it you love EotM and are a reward centered player. Neither of those things are bad but why do you want to force your game mode on mine? That would be like me screaming non stop for open world pvp with no regard for the pve players. If anything you should be asking for more EotM style maps.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Transferring off the server I was on since I started was the worst choice I ever made in this game. I think it helped kill this game for me tbh. I lost my server pride and honestly don’t even care about this game or this game mode anymore. Fights are not really fun to me when its nothing but map blobs everywhere.

I used to put in 8+ hours a day in WvW and now I put in 8 hours a week if that. Haven’t been to a reset yet but made it to every single reset on my old server.. Used to put out multiple wvw videos a week and since I transferred I’ve made 4 videos.. Planned to move back but its more like I’m moving on instead of back.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Swagger.1459

~the random text about worshiping megaservers~

Let’s see…
We had some numbers before HoT, which grew when HoT released, not just a few guild were coming back to try out the new WvW.

Then suddenly we have less people playing than before HoT.

Do you truly believe that wvw can be maintained on the long run by merging servers? As megaserver/alliance/whatever you call it is nothing else but a server merge with fluffs.
You remove the servers and replace them with a thing which connects them as a community… just like a server, with another name.

Yes, you can maybe temporarily increase the perceived population by removing servers, but it will not change the main problem, so people will continue to leave until you don’t have enough players for 3 sides.

You can try to delay, you can try out megaservers, but I’ll not participate in it, and that’s 1 less player to play wvw. I believe what we have to do is trying to get players back, not pushing them away.

I was having a rational discussion, thanks for slight insult and missing lots of points I brought up to have a civil and healthy discussion with you…

You are entitled to take that stance, I won’t begrudge you. But for every one of you lost after the shiny new wvw update, 20 more will take your place. Also, when the smoke clears, you all will be back playing but “quiet” on the forums… A year will pass and then y’all will show face here again and I’ll think to myself “well gee, I thought bubi and jayne and diku quit but here they are…”…

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

I was having a rational discussion, thanks for missing all points I brought up to have a civil and healthy discussion with you…

You are entitled to take that stance, I won’t begrudge you. But for every one of you lost after the shiny new wvw update, 20 more will take your place. Also, when the smoke clears, you all will be back playing but “quiet” on the forums… A year will pass and then y’all will show face here again and I’ll think to myself “well gee, I thought bubi and jayne and diku quit but here they are…”…

Where do you get your numbers. 20 will replace every person who quits lol. I will quit if your vision of WvW is implemented and won’t come back considering there are at least 2 games with RvR coming out within the next few months. Hopefully the competition between games will be good for the direction of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

What about a hybrid type megaserver? Everything stays the same except low populated servers. It will ask if you want to move to a more populated server. Simple Yes or No. If yes, it puts you were you are needed. Helping those servers that are getting steam rolled. If no, you can stay on empty map and preserve your server pride.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

And… I’ll add one thing…

Sad Anet, very sad…

Finally you explained why you keep posting the things you post. I get it you love EotM and are a reward centered player. Neither of those things are bad but why do you want to force your game mode on mine? That would be like me screaming non stop for open world pvp with no regard for the pve players. If anything you should be asking for more EotM style maps.

You don’t know what you are taking about honestly. You don’t even realize that most players feel the same way. I would suggest rereading everything that I’ve been posting in this thread.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

I was having a rational discussion, thanks for missing all points I brought up to have a civil and healthy discussion with you…

Where do you get your numbers. 20 will replace every person who quits lol. I will quit if your vision of WvW is implemented and won’t come back considering there are at least 2 games with RvR coming out within the next few months. Hopefully the competition between games will be good for the direction of WvW.

1/1, 1/5, 1/10, 1/20, 1/50… Number doesn’t matter, you miss the point entirely.

Sure, you’ll leave and some others will leave, but then y’all will come crawling right back when Anet gets it all together.

in WvW

Bubi.5237

I was having a rational discussion, thanks for slight insult and missing lots of points I brought up to have a civil and healthy discussion with you…

You’re a chronomancer for sure!
Otherwise how could you say that “20 more will take your place”?
If a guild of 25 wvw players leaves the game then there will be suddenly 500 players joining wvw?

BTW the lot of points you brought up are the same as the ones you brought up in the other X threads you posted your megaserver idea, disregarding anyone who says it’s bad while spamming that it’s good ‘cos it’s your idea.
You can’t offer proof, as neither can I, which idea is better.
You can’t speak in the name of the majority, as neither can I, which idea is more supported.

All we can do is stating our opinion, hoping that somehow Anet will read and understand it (jk), but speaking these “facts” you just said… And you call it “a rational discussion”?

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

And… I’ll add one thing…

Sad Anet, very sad…

You don’t know what you are taking about honestly. You don’t even realize that most players feel the same way. I would suggest rereading everything that I’ve been posting in this thread.

This is why we can’t have a civilized conversation because you claim to speak for most players when that clearly is not the case. I don’t claim to speak for most players. I claim to speak for a majority of the players that I interact with. I read what you post which is why I try not to respond to you. Your response is a non response since you never touch on any points that are made you just tell people that they need reading comprehension or don’t know what they are talking about. Have a nice day

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

1/1, 1/5, 1/10, 1/20, 1/50… Number doesn’t matter, you miss the point entirely.

Sure, you’ll leave and some others will leave, but then y’all will come crawling right back when Anet gets it all together.

Not when something superior or with better developer to player communication comes out. You miss the point entirely.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Even JAYNE likes the idea of implementing and testing out megaserver…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Mega-server-for-NA-regular-servers-for-EU

in WvW

Bubi.5237

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Mega-server-for-NA-regular-servers-for-EU

As long as you don’t touch the EU servers, do whatever you want.
Yes, I’m selfish.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

And… Last thing for now… Anet has the WHOLE team of engineers slaving away at keyboards with raw and bloody fingers for some super secret wvw project, yet they can’t toss us some reward bones to chew on or drop a couple nice qol features that wvwers have been begging for…

Yeah.

Well they could at least give us the autopsy report but I think they would have problems explaining the technical meaning of “death by non-existence”.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Yes, I’m selfish.

You’ll have to take that discussion up with Jayne my friend…

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

In which case my family would transfer to eu. Btw good job on twisting words.

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Yes, I’m selfish.

Why? He says that Mega for NA, normal for EU, we are in agreement. You want Mega for EU.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Yes, I’m selfish.

Haha, indeed

Xox

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Yes, I’m selfish.

Why? He says that Mega for NA, normal for EU, we are in agreement. You want Mega for EU.

I’m all for ideas and testing ideas that move that will improve the game for the long run. I fully agree with Jayne’s mentality and thought process behind these issues.

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Yes, I’m selfish.

I’m all for ideas and testing ideas that move that will improve the game for the long run. I fully agree with Jayne’s mentality and thought process behind these issues.

You only agree because it aligns with what you have been trying to push. You still fail to make competent counter points that have been presented in this thread and others against your holy grail of ideas. Jayne presented an idea that would keep the poison of your idea out of their realm of play.

in WvW

Diku.2546

Yes, I’m selfish.

Reading the post conversation it appears to me that that she’s tapped out trying to convince you that your idea is not something that she wants.

So her solution is to let you have NA, but she is still keeping EU for herself.

I still believe that a better long term solution is to change the Base Map Mechanic to allow NA & EU players to Visit each other through a Home Team Globe system.

I’ve got a Topic Thread that discusses this in detail called:

Reboot the Base Map Mechanic & Population

Going back to the Topic discussion which explains how crucial Server Pride is to WvW…

Let me ask you what really makes the NFL SuperBowl so successful at its core?

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Yes, I’m selfish.

You only agree because it aligns with what you have been trying to push. You still fail to make competent counter points that have been presented in this thread and others against your holy grail of ideas. Jayne presented an idea that would keep the poison of your idea out of their realm of play.

I agree because it’s a good way of looking at things from opposites sides of the pond. It’s called compromise and idea sharing… learning and making things better… testing and analyzing the results…

See, someone like jayne and I, bubi and I, diku and I… all see problems. We are just looking at different sets of problems. Slowly, though, we are all coming together like a true team.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Yes, I’m selfish.

I agree because it’s a good way of looking at things from opposites sides of the pond. It’s called compromise and idea sharing… learning and making things better… testing and analyzing the results…

Isn’t that what EotM was for? As I recall it was supposed to be for an overflow and testing of new mechanics. Pretty funny from my stand point as nothing has been tested there.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Reading the post conversation it appears to me that that she’s tapped out trying to convince you that your idea is not something that she wants.

This pretty much.

After a certain point, it’s better to just not engage.

And this solution lets both proposed sides of the equation compete and see what emerges as the better model.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Yes, I’m selfish.

Isn’t that what EotM was for? As I recall it was supposed to be for an overflow and testing of new mechanics. Pretty funny from my stand point as nothing has been tested there.

You’re pretty fast with responses, can’t even get edits done in time.

They did test how megaserver works out in a player vs player vs player environment… They have all sorts of great statistics from doing so…

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Yes, I’m selfish.

See, someone like jayne and I, bubi and I, diku and I… all see problems. We are just looking at different sets of problems. Slowly, though, we are all coming together like a true team.

Never said there where no problems with the current iteration of WvW bud. What I have stated is that I don’t like your solutions.

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Yes, I’m selfish.

Nope, it’s called selfish desires behind a “reasonable opinion”, just like politicians are doing it..
He doesn’t care about NA as he’s not playing there, so if he can secure EUs server with this idea, he’s all for it. Same as me.
But in general, it’s a bad idea.
What you could do is let old wvw there while opening up your new Glorious Megaserver WvW, then let the players decide in which they want to play. That’s something called “learning and making things better”… You know, giving players freedom, not taking away choices.

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Yes, I’m selfish.

You’re pretty fast with responses, can’t even get edits done in time.

They did test how megaserver works out in a player vs player vs player environment… They have all sorts of great statistics from doing so…

For megaserver – not any other mechanics that they want to implement. Please stop cherry picking to advance your idea. You like EotM, that is wonderful but please think about the players who HATE that style of play.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Yes, I’m selfish.

Never said there where no problems with the current iteration of WvW bud. What I have stated is that I don’t like your solutions.

You are entitled to disagree.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Yes, I’m selfish.

Nope, it’s called selfish desires behind a “reasonable opinion”, just like politicians are doing it..
He doesn’t care about NA as he’s not playing there, so if he can secure EUs server with this idea, he’s all for it. Same as me.
But in general, it’s a bad idea.
What you could do is let old wvw there while opening up your new Glorious Megaserver WvW, then let the players decide in which they want to play. That’s something called “learning and making things better”… You know, giving players freedom, not taking away choices.

Again, that wasn’t my idea. I just happen to think jayne’s idea bears some merit.