Perplexity runes

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

As much as i hate this runes, while i abuse them, jes i admit it but…
How am i supposed to kill the -99% cc-cond-duration, -65% cond-duration, 16 second stability, 20k+ hp, 3k+ armor, 1k+ regen per second, permastun warrior zergs without them?

The runes are broken jes, but right now they are needed to maintain at least a little bit balance against warriors. Im glad mine is level 80 and asc equipped too.
On my warrior i havnt died once to them, its really not that easy to stack up alot of confusion on warriors whith that much stability.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

To everyone screaming lrn2play: Yes, it is possible to beat builds utilizing perplexity. It’s possible to beat anything given the tools to counter it. However, the fact remains, runes aren’t supposed to require counter play.

What other rune set can come close to dictating the flow of a fight as much as Perplexity? None. I run a perplexity engi build. I can stack 20+ confusion with relative ease. With my 5 AoE interrupts and additional single target it can get pretty ridiculous. Taking around 4k damage an attack kinda hurts.

Sure, just cleanse it. Along with the other half a dozen conditions, by the time you actually get to the confusion you’re probably dead. I stopped running them. Too cheese.

But, like I said, runes are not supposed to dictate the flow of an encounter. They are not meant to force an opponent to either go on the defensive or pop a condi clear every several seconds. You’d think this was a given. As it is now, any engineer not running perplexity is essentially gimping himself (With a possible exception of might stacking builds). I want my freedom back!

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Nice.

I understand you guys needed to take some time to do some testing before changing them though. Despite having to deal with these runes for longer, I appreciate the due diligence.

Grouch, how you liking your new job?

Will we be seeing more of you around on the WvW forums?

What are they having you do in general? (sorry if you’ve answered this before)

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I’d be happy with anything from a 10s to 20s internal cool down. I have a feeling it will be 30 seconds, which may be pushing it. Anything more than 30 seconds will cause me to run 4 of these runes and 2 mad king or nightmare runes. If these people were still dying with 5 stacks of confusion (albeit for 15 seconds) at 20 seconds intervals, I’d argue lern2play. Because 5 stacks isn’t that much and most classes should be able to either clear conditions, run away or flat out kill the enemy before being taken down by that confusion alone.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Perplexity Runes are definitely on our radar. I talked with our designers about this and you can expect some changes to this rune-set in the near future. I don’t have specific details on what changes we’ll be making, but I figured I’d let you guys know that we are looking at it.

Thanks guys!

Thank goodness.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

How am i supposed to kill the -99% cc-cond-duration, -65% cond-duration, 16 second stability, 20k+ hp, 3k+ armor, 1k+ regen per second, permastun warrior zergs without them?

The runes are broken jes, but right now they are needed to maintain at least a little bit balance against warriors. Im glad mine is level 80 and asc equipped too.
On my warrior i havnt died once to them, its really not that easy to stack up alot of confusion on warriors whith that much stability.

Because Anet needs to blance some of the classes, warrior is way too much right now.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

Warrior is fine. You just need to learn how to counter the different builds that are out at the moment. I’m a warrior and even I’m still learning how to counter so,e builds myself.

Signet is fine, poison hits us really, really hard. Server stance is On a Long cool down. Look when we pop it, kite, then bomb. Make us use our GAO closers, force us to use cool downs that are long then we are left with nothing. Then it’s all up to you to get us down.

Pressure us hard enough and we just run out of things to use. Just make sure your clever on how you pressure us.

With regard to the runes, just put a 3 second cd on it

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Warrior is fine. You just need to learn how to counter the different builds that are out at the moment. I’m a warrior and even I’m still learning how to counter so,e builds myself.

Signet is fine, poison hits us really, really hard. Server stance is On a Long cool down. Look when we pop it, kite, then bomb. Make us use our GAO closers, force us to use cool downs that are long then we are left with nothing. Then it’s all up to you to get us down.

Pressure us hard enough and we just run out of things to use. Just make sure your clever on how you pressure us.

I like your sense of humor, Warrior is fine =)
I do hope you are being sarcastic btw.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Gogo.7305

Gogo.7305

That’s not true. Yes, Warrior has a crazy good 1v1 build, but there have been so many of those, that doesn’t make it OP.
Stun warriors have lots of weaknesses, starting from brain and dodge to boon remove and conditions. That being said, those warriors are bad in slightly bigger fights as most 1v1 builds.
Stun warrior is strong in PvP (even though not OP), but in WvW? NO
I played as Engi against really skilled stunwarriors and after a couple of duels they only won half of them, the difference is that my Engi has a lot more AoE though.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

so glad this is finally being looked at.

setbonus 6 should apply 3 stacks of 5 seconds duration and have 15 seconds cooldown aswell.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

Just another proof positive, that if you whine enough ANET will nerf it.

Youtube videos never help in this matter… Like that dumb player sharing a link of him fighting with fireworks in his hand thinking it’s funny,…. enjoy your future nerf pal.

Uhh… he made that video to showcase how crazy perplex runes currently are. The dumb player fighting with fireworks happens to be one of the most impressive thieves in this game. If you knew how a thief worked, you would be impressed. All he used was scorpion wire and basilisk venom for interrupts. The players killed themselves. That is not how this game is meant to be.

I’m happy for the change. I believe it was a simple oversight initially and am happy to see it being looked at!

1. As someone who mains a thief: there are no impressive thieves.
2. “The players killed themselves. That is not how this game is meant to be.”

Why the FK not? If some facerolling spammer is willing to spam themselves to death why is that anyones concern…..People have been saying L2P all along and people like you sir just continue to make excuses and cry nerf…The runes werent OP, because they do nothing if you do nothing, if you faceroll your skills cause you wanna run zerker and pwn some nubs, then you will die….To me there is nothing more “meant to be” than that….

All together now: M-I-C-K-E-Y , M-O-U-S-E

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

Why the FK not? If some facerolling spammer is willing to spam themselves to death why is that anyones concern…..People have been saying L2P all along and people like you sir just continue to make excuses and cry nerf…The runes werent OP, because they do nothing if you do nothing, if you faceroll your skills cause you wanna run zerker and pwn some nubs, then you will die….To me there is nothing more “meant to be” than that….

So you think the one hitting you with confusion are going to stand there spamming interrupt and nothing else?
Interrupt by itself do dmg. Head Shot for example can crt up to 3k .
The main problem with this rune is it forced people to do nothing.
Get attack to death while not able to do anything is NOT FUN AT ALL.
If it isn’t OP, why should you care if it nerf. Just get other rune and continue.

I been using it on my mesmer, it is OP as hell in 1 vs 1~3 combat.
Sure it is less useful in zerg fight (with clean flying around) , but that doesn’t mean it is OK.

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

So you think the one hitting you with confusion are going to stand there spamming interrupt and nothing else?
If it isn’t OP, why should you care if it nerf. Just get other rune and continue.

Sure it is less useful in zerg fight (with clean flying around) , but that doesn’t mean it is OK.

First off, just because you might main a thief doesn’t make Mr. Bandito’s skills less impressive to me. Fail attempt in trying to create that argument.

Second, if things like perplexity are added to the game in order to smush the little “facerolling spammers,” where does the skill lie on your part? Skills that can be easily spammed should not be countered with skills that can be easily spammed. In fact, those are the skills that need to be reconsidered in the first place (I assume you are referring to heartseeker, autoattack, and the like). I can guarantee that when you first started the game, you spammed skills as well. When you moved on to wvw or pvp, you entered a whole new experience. You shouldn’t need perplex runes to defeat new players.

I completely agree with KOK. I love these runes on my mesmer, and will love them even more once they function the way they should really function. The 6-piece should have a CD, and the duration increase needs to work. If you are using perplexity runes simply because of the novelty exploit, and plan on changing them because they won’t allow you to troll around anymore, I’d say the change will be more than worth it.

Finally, this is not a nerf. The runes are bugged, plain and simple. They came out the same time as the torment runes, which were corrected almost immediately to have a CD… even though the 6-piece didn’t drop a ton of torment stacks on your head.

Anyone defending the current state of perplexity runes simply needs to reassess their own playing skills and not the lack of others’.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

(edited by Brigg.3961)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

In a condi build? 200-300 dps.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Perplexity runes

in WvW

bob.8632

First off, just because you might main a thief doesn’t make Mr. Bandito’s skills less impressive to me. Fail attempt in trying to create that argument.

Second, if things like perplexity are added to the game in order to smush the little “facerolling spammers,” where does the skill lie on your part? Skills that can be easily spammed should not be countered with skills that can be easily spammed. In fact, those are the skills that need to be reconsidered in the first place (I assume you are referring to heartseeker, autoattack, and the like). I can guarantee that when you first started the game, you spammed skills as well. When you moved on to wvw or pvp, you entered a whole new experience. You shouldn’t need perplex runes to defeat new players.

I completely agree with KOK. I love these runes on my mesmer, and will love them even more once they function the way they should really function. The 6-piece should have a CD, and the duration increase needs to work. If you are using perplexity runes simply because of the novelty exploit, and plan on changing them because they won’t allow you to troll around anymore, I’d say the change will be more than worth it.

Finally, this is not a nerf. The runes are bugged, plain and simple. They came out the same time as the torment runes, which were corrected almost immediately to have a CD… even though the 6-piece didn’t drop a ton of torment stacks on your head.

Anyone defending the current state of perplexity runes simply needs to reassess their own playing skills and not the lack of others’.

Opinions are opinions, playing an easy class (which admittedly I do too), does not make someone “good”. Thieves are fun to play because they can control a fight 99% of the time.

My point was that there are no awesome thieves, there are just thieves and bad thieves.

As to what is impressive to you, I have no doubt you are impressed by said person. The problem with this game is people do not know what balance really is, and they equate it to every class being able to stand toe-to-toe and duel each other no matter the build/gear/player skill level.

So the first time they run into a Apo-Warrior, or a Perplex thief/engi, and they lose a 1v1: it must be OP. Because in everyone’s mind they are all “good players”. The reality is that most of the player base is average, a very small % are actually “good”. And the rest just run gimmicks (Apo warriors/every thief build/etc) very well.

The other HUGE, and I mean HUGE problem is that people refuse to run from a fight and think of everything in terms of 1v1. If my build has a weakness and I run into a player whose build exploits said weakness: I drop the fight. I understand I won’t beat every build, but I can survive every fight if I don’t let my ill-perceived sense of skill get the better of me.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

@Josh Davis
Frankly, you could:

• Turn the 6/6 to +Confusion Dmg/Duration.
  • Add/modify a Trait on Mesmers to apply a stack or two of Confusion on Interrupt, since you’ve (Devs in general) been pushing Mesmer-as-Interrupter for months.

My only concern -yes, as an admitted user of the Runes in question, and Mesmer main- is that you’ll go from “Necessary Tweaking” (which is fine, btw) to pure-out “Scorched Earth.”

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I like your sense of humor, Warrior is fine =)
I do hope you are being sarcastic btw.

nah people that play obvious broken and op build are usually delusional. warriors have no counter build as a mesmer for example.in spvp maybe, in wvw, no.
and biiig lol to the 3 sec icd. nice little try. if it was only 3 sec it would still be stackable to 25. 15 sec icd to make it non stackable with interrupts. or just change toe rune to increase confusion dmg by 5- 10 percent instead to buff the real confusion classes like engi and mesmer.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

KOK.2650

200-300? You full Dire build? Stop joking please.

Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Lol do you even know thief?

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Max Zerker and pistol dps multiplier builded thief:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYEQNAoaVlUmiO3eS+E/5Ex2DgCAAwVAAaPAAAAAA-jEyAY/Ai+hoCgJviox2GKiGruGT5SEVbvLiWtUARsMC-w

Headshot dps 292. You will neverevernevereverneverever get a 3k crit on a r80 char, when you run a condition build.
You even wont full dps.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I never crit for more than 600 on my thief with 95% crit dmg and ~3000 power.
Nice try there, man.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Perplexity runes

in WvW

bob.8632

Nice try there, man.

I am not sure, but I think they were talking about full condition spec, not power/zerk thieves.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

hihey.1075

Nice try there, man.

I am not sure, but I think they were talking about full condition spec, not power/zerk thieves.

…and that’s exactly the reason why I posted that
If a thief with stats like mine can’t crit for more than 600, how could a condition thief, namely one without such a high power/critdmg as me, crit for ~3k?

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: iorlas.6721

iorlas.6721

Just another proof positive, that if you whine enough ANET will nerf it.

Youtube videos never help in this matter… Like that dumb player sharing a link of him fighting with fireworks in his hand thinking it’s funny,…. enjoy your future nerf pal.

Uhh… he made that video to showcase how crazy perplex runes currently are. The dumb player fighting with fireworks happens to be one of the most impressive thieves in this game. If you knew how a thief worked, you would be impressed. All he used was scorpion wire and basilisk venom for interrupts. The players killed themselves. That is not how this game is meant to be.

I’m happy for the change. I believe it was a simple oversight initially and am happy to see it being looked at!

All together now: M-I-C-K-E-Y , M-O-U-S-E

Thieves the ones that cried the most to get mesmers nerfed into the ground..o the irony.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

The +30% Confusion Duration on these runes is not even working (at least for Mesmers) so think about how much more OP these runes would be if it did.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

I think a 15-20sec ICD would be better. I don’t think the runes themselves are that bad, it’s the ability of some classes to spam interrupts what makes them awful.

Bläck Dähliä

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Perhaps the “on interrupt” trigger is all that needs to be changed. A native 10 second ICD would bring it to the level with other rune sets, and a “on crit” or “at x% hp” or “when you are disabled (stun/daze/fear/knockdown/knock back)” trigger would provide a better balance. Sure that’s a heavy nerf, and sure it’s great fun to have your interrupts proc 5 stacks of confusion, but based on the mechanics of this game with the classes in this game, interrupts are easy to do since everything is a skill and the runes can achieve this trigger even against auto attacks. So you can do nothing and die as all my other conditions melt you or you can do something and die as all my conditions melt you. Slower death or faster death are your options. I’ve only seen one build counter it and that was specifically a condition counter build; dealing with that involved simply walking away.

Doesn’t matter anymore, I discontinued using them, salvaged them off the armor set and resold them for more than I paid for them less than a week from them coming out. Then proceeded to tell everyone to not get used to them, the nerf is inevitable. Oh and look, it appears my conclusion was accurate.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Good point. The runes are still overpowered. But the fact that you need them just to deal with warriors doesn’t mean that the runes shouldn’t be nerfed. It means warriors need to be nerfed too. And this is coming from a warrior, but I don’t use that cheesy brainless, high reward no risk perma stunlock build. That build needs a serious nerf as well. Any one defending those runes or that cheesy build is just a bad player who relies on cheap tricks in order to win because they lack skill. Anyone can win against an opponent who does nothing but sit there and let you hit them because they’re either permastunned or because there’s nonstop confusion on them. The people screaming L2P are the baddies who use the broken runes and builds as a crutch and can’t win without them. They’re scared of their crutch being taken away. These people don’t seem to realize that there’s a limit to how often you can dodge or cleanse conditions, but no limit to how often you can spam confusion on these runes and very little downtime between the stuns on the stunlock warrior while most classes that have access to stability have it on extremely long cooldowns. Sure i’ll just use my condition cleanse every 5 seconds and my 20 stunbreaks or dodge 30 times in a row to deal with these broken builds.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

bob.8632

Good point. The runes are still overpowered. But the fact that you need them just to deal with warriors doesn’t mean that the runes shouldn’t be nerfed. It means warriors need to be nerfed too. And this is coming from a warrior, but I don’t use that cheesy brainless, high reward no risk perma stunlock build. That build needs a serious nerf as well. Any one defending those runes or that cheesy build is just a bad player who relies on cheap tricks in order to win because they lack skill. Anyone can win against an opponent who does nothing but sit there and let you hit them because they’re either permastunned or because there’s nonstop confusion on them. The people screaming L2P are the baddies who use the broken runes and builds as a crutch and can’t win without them. They’re scared of their crutch being taken away. These people don’t seem to realize that there’s a limit to how often you can dodge or cleanse conditions, but no limit to how often you can spam confusion on these runes and very little downtime between the stuns on the stunlock warrior while most classes that have access to stability have it on extremely long cooldowns. Sure i’ll just use my condition cleanse every 5 seconds and my 20 stunbreaks or dodge 30 times in a row to deal with these broken builds.

U sound mad? Why not just run away when you get all that confusion?

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

And what if you happen to be facing someone who can outrun you or perma cc you so you can’t run away from the confusion spam? Then what genius? They are broken and need to be nerfed. Stop defending your crutch.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

To the hundreds upon hundreds of buyers of my hundreds of crafted perplex ruins….all sales are final and I will not accept any returns for nerfed items. Thank you come again!

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Xavi.6591

+10 sec ICD but fix the +30% Confusion Duration because it is not working.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

Perplexity runes

in WvW

KOK.2650

If a thief with stats like mine can’t crit for more than 600, how could a condition thief, namely one without such a high power/critdmg as me, crit for ~3k?

Go to temple, get buff with target debuff and see how much you can crt.
I did said it can crt up to 3k.
Also Dire build is full condition build with almost no pt in power and crt dmg.

The +30% Confusion Duration on these runes is not even working (at least for Mesmers) so think about how much more OP these runes would be if it did.

It did work, it just don’t stack.
Say if you have 30% condition duration trait, the buff will do nothing.

Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

(edited by KOK.2650)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

bob.8632

And what if you happen to be facing someone who can outrun you or perma cc you so you can’t run away from the confusion spam? Then what genius? They are broken and need to be nerfed. Stop defending your crutch.

You die and respawn and realize that you got beat and move on.

(OR come here and make a thread about it)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

Perplexity Runes are definitely on our radar. I talked with our designers about this and you can expect some changes to this rune-set in the near future. I don’t have specific details on what changes we’ll be making, but I figured I’d let you guys know that we are looking at it.

Thanks guys!

Could your team also take into careful yet serious consideration that currently necromancers Fear effect from none of their skills actually cause an “interrupt” message on screen and thus don’t cause Perplexity 6th piece trigger? Only way a necro with perplexity runes can trigger it is with Warhorn #5 / Spectral grasp or Underwater Spear #4. Exhibit A: daily interrupter achievement as a necro, go try it.

Regardless of if Fear will qualify for Interrupt or not, I still think the 6th piece needs and ICD (5s or more likely 10s) and maybe 5s base duration.

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

I don’t really understand people who say that a 10sec ICD would bring this to the same level as other rune sets.

The chance for 3 confusion stacks on attack is a worthy 6 bonus alone, if not borderline OP, compared to other rune sets.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

I don’t really understand people who say that a 10sec ICD would bring this to the same level as other rune sets.

The chance for 3 confusion stacks on attack is a worthy 6 bonus alone, if not borderline OP, compared to other rune sets.

I’d have to agree with that. They should probably remove the confusion on interrupt thing and move the 4 bonus to the 6th rune and move the confusion damage part to where the 4th part was, plus put a 10 sec cooldown on it. Either that or put a 10 sec cooldown on the 4th rune part and a 20-30 sec cooldown on the 6th rune part.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

LTP

-signed, a Perplexed Engi

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

^ Ok I agree these runes need to be toned down, but these ridiculous cooldowns you all seem to be suggesting will outright break the rune set.

I’ve fought a lot of fights using them, and against them when not using them myself, and seen a lot of people able to keep the damage and confusion under control, at least for a decent amount of time until they get caught out by having certain skills interrupted which will always be detrimental regardless of confusion or not.

If it was going to have a recharge i’d say 5 seconds is about perfect, and maybe 1 less stack of confusion on 6th.

If anything engi conditions needs to be toned down like holy jesus, double the damage of every other class, with no recharge time.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

LTP

Funny. That’s what you are going to have to do when this runeset is nerfed and can no longer carry you.

Either that or maybe I can have a runeset that cleanses 5 conditions whenever I heal an ally.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Xavi.6591

Go to temple, get buff with target debuff and see how much you can crt.
I did said it can crt up to 3k.
Also Dire build is full condition build with almost no pt in power and crt dmg.

It did work, it just don’t stack.
Say if you have 30% condition duration trait, the buff will do nothing.

It should stack, just like other + condition duration items/food.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Xavi.6591

LTP

I guess you will have to LTP once your crutch is nerfed.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

hihey.1075

LTP

This made my day
I seriously hope that engi was trolling though.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Just reduce the stack on interrupt to 2 instead of 5, and make it non stackable with warrior trait so it won’t be too overpowered on a class. Simple fix.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

LTP

It is the opposite of a crutch, in fact, the meta build for perplexity engie doesn’t even include the massive AoE condition spam everyone complains about. It is a different play style, one that is easily negated by things like condition cleanse, stability, or in most cases, range.

But I realize that you are just responding to the trollish tone of Soon’s post, so I won’t fault you for responding in kind.

This is a very good runeset for engineers for a few reasons, but good engineers were winning a lot of fights before them, and we will win fights after they are nerfed. I am still frankly surprised that so few have noticed them being used on condition thieves in the vaunted “small groups” rife in lower tiers.

Headshot is a spammable interrupt, with proper initiative regen, this build is a stand there and tap #4 over and over faceroll. There are videos where thieves with fireworks are killing people with perplexity, and yet… you are picking on engineers?

Come on people, there are already super-annoying professions with OP builds (without these runes) that are equipping them for the lolz, engineers run them because we don’t have as many good options as other professions, but this set dovetails PERFECTLY with ours. Not only that, it rewards tactical play, and creates a DOUBLE incentive to interrupt someone, not only stopping their action (which is most likely bad for you), but giving them a LOT of confusion in the process.

Yes, I would like to see them nerfed, but it makes me sad that so many engies will get shelved again once there isn’t a reason not to play Guard, War, or Thief.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

These runes are balanced on some professions but imbalanced on others, in my opinion.

I hate these runes on spammy professions like warrior but on ranger they seem decently balanced. I interrupted a guardian’s leap with a concussion shot wearing the runes and I still feel like I deserved the confusion proc for such a nicely timed interrupt. It’s a shame ANET won’t reward players for making skill shots. You won’t get anything special for interrupting a heal or leap post nerf of these runes. That’s a shame. I bet these runes are worthless after the nerf because that’s how anet does business.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Perplexity runes

in WvW

hihey.1075

If you interrupt “useful” skills you should be already rewarded with that skill not being activated. It’s interrupting AA chains that’S far too easy and since this runeset promotes this way of playing you end up being a terrible player with a op set.
Thief pistol#4 is a total waste of initiative if you interrupt an auto attack, so you have to time it right. But a bad thief can gain a lot of control in the fight if he does so with these runes.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Zumy.6318

I feel the same way as you do.

E.g. they are fine with P/D on thief as you have to time your traited daze on steal or your venom to interrupt. (CDs are 45 and 20 seconds.)
On P/P | D/P | S/P on the other thand…

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

You should not be able to apply confusion through auto attacks, that’s a definite. If you lock out a heal, movement skill, or a thief’s heartseeker when hes trying to use it through smoke fields, you deserve to apply confusion.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I feel the same way as you do.

E.g. they are fine with P/D on thief as you have to time your traited daze on steal or your venom to interrupt. (CDs are 45 and 20 seconds.)
On P/P | D/P | S/P on the other thand…

S/p is insane. Seriously.

Fought one of these guys on my engineer and died a lot.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD