Simple Solution to The Bloodlust Controversy.

in WvW

Posted by: Paxus.6543

Paxus.6543

no no no no no no no no no no no no no and no

in WvW

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

no

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

yes just to kill gvg and fightclub nonsenses

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I had an idea and wanted to know your guys opinions. What if the bloodlust buff only affected players on the borderlands that the orbs were on? So on your home borderland you hold the orbs and your servers players on your borderland get the buff. It makes it more like “this is our turf we must protect it kinda thing” Then on the flip side if you are attacking the borderland go for the bloodlust to get a little boost to help attack their borderland. Once you leave that borderland the buff stops. This way the buff and the original idea could still be used but you wouldn’t have servers stacking all three to get 150 buff. Opinions?

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

yes just to kill gvg and fightclub nonsenses

So thats your ONLY reasoning? just to be spiteful towards a group of people you don’t agree with? Other posts support this feeling.

These guys trying to promote GvG and having no consideration for other players

Hypocrisy if there is any left.

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

(edited by Xenn.3809)

in WvW

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

Yes to buff, also no to stats.

Stats should contain mf and karma not give the adventage of even more power to an already winning server, thereby unbalacing a matchup potentialy even more

VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

YES – the way it is obtained is aboulute fair and achiveable for every side with a little affort and coordination.

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in WvW

Posted by: Albane.3618

Albane.3618

There is a reason this is the bane of the open world WvWer’s existence. Flat-out NO.

Ledarius

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’m really not getting the opponent’s logic here. So, they say the buff will promote blob warfare, yet the most efficient way to get the buff is to spread out to 9 points. If you’re doing that it’s a kinda huge alarm to you enemy that you’re looking to make a power play. The buff is also harder to maintain as all your enemy has to do is find your 3 weakest points. Certainly a lot harder then having some orb put away underlock and key. Plus, all these buffs are on the borderlands, within reasonable distance of the home teams spawn in some cases. Also add in the fact there are 3 factions in this battle.

When you factor all that together a few things become very clear.
This buff is very hard to maintain. You need the team coordination to defend 9 points simultaniously. It’s very easy for opposing teams to steal 33% of the buff, especially on their home borderland. A +150 on one side can be easily turn into a +50 on all sides.

For all those that think this is anti-small group. A bunch of small groups can easily play keep away with a blob. Small groups are the ideal force for a capture point of this nature.

And on a final note, everyone’s fear of this stat buff is the entire reason it will be successful. If your reaction to the thought of the enemy getting the buff was anything less then fear, this buff wouldn’t be worth fighting over.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I vote yes. I don’t have an issue with bloodlust. In fact, I like the idea of adding new features to WvW to make things different.

Although, if it were me, I’d create safe zones in the typical GvG areas(like behind south camp) for GvGs. The safe zones would simply be unaffected by the buff.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in WvW

Posted by: cimon.5798

cimon.5798

i vote that this post gets removed due to the huge amount of GvG post’s by the same group of people harassing the forums with there garbage. but if i was pressed i would vote yes the buff was a intended mechanic and yea sure balance may be a issue but its not like it is set in stone and cant be tweaked and worked on. case in point they removed it once because it didn’t work right now its round two and if it does not work again it will get removed again pretty simple.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

No thank you.

in WvW

Titan.3472

yes we want and we gonna have soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

seeing as most ppl are opposed to it, YES, simply cuze they will try to neutralize it and i will be there waiting

in WvW

Titan.3472

seeing as most ppl are opposed to it, YES, simply cuze they will try to neutralize it and i will be there waiting

lol

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

The voice of the community is clear… nobody wanted this. Not that a poll was rly neccesary to know, if youve been in touch with the wvw community since the get-go.

I was a ppt hardcore way before i was a rg thug, not a lot of ppl know that… Bloodlust never made sense, and almost everyone you talk to agrees on the outnumber/bloodlust swap since forever. But hey, “its not our game” i guess…. kinda knew that since the fractals dorama.

Time to move on.

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in WvW

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

orge you are not and never will be the voice of the wvw community

He never said he was. But you can see the poll result.

/no btw

Red Guard [RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Never claimed so, but its good to see haters like you brimming with envy. Makes my day.

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

No.

Anet will add it regardless even if your poll read Yes 1% No 99%

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

no, no, no, no, no.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Istaf.1953

Istaf.1953

No.

Anet will add it regardless even if your poll read Yes 1% No 99%

Guess it’s time to stop using the Gem store then.

Anet, I always throw a few dollars your way, because I realize that this is a free to play MMO. I realize it takes money keeping the servers up, and coming up with content. However why would I pay you guys to ruin the reason I play GW2?

[RET] Medicalstaf
Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

no.

i dont want the stat bonus. i like the other part of it.

in WvW

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

To all people saying that they should give the Outmanned buff the stat-boost instead:

How do you think that would effect the game? Do you really think it would make the game and community better? I am almost completely sure that the only thing it would accomplish would be to have people abuse other people because they join the map and remove their buff.

This can already be seen in the game with the scaling events. If someone turns up and make the event harder people will abuse them until they leave because they want an easy fight.

People will get used to it buddy..give it time and nobody will complain, I believe that.

Also it really depends on how you implement it. What are the conditions of you getting it and what makes you lose it.

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in WvW

Posted by: BlueViking.7105

BlueViking.7105

Do i want a stat buff? NO
Do i want to get rid of the water on the borderlands maps? YES
Do i like the look of the new map from what i’ve seen so far? YES
Would i think it cool if there was a buff containing either mf/karma/exp bonus or perhaps a bonus affecting actual gameplay, such as affecting building/supplies/upgrading/whatever? SURE

Adding just some numbers to your character is lazy design and NOT FUN.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

No

And I don’t GVG!

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I think I’ll like the new mechanics of it, but I’m afraid the buff itself will be OP. I’d prefer something that could benefit individuals and the server as a whole, without making combat unfair, like +50% blueprint drops instead of +50 to all stats.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

NO, simply because the server with the highest amount of coverage doesn’t need yet another way to snowball.

Once this goes live I can’t imagine playing WvW anymore. Typically we are outnumbered by a 2/3 to 1. Just imagine how that’s going to be when the enemies all have an extra 150 to everything.

in WvW

Posted by: cimon.5798

cimon.5798

Never claimed so, but its good to see haters like you brimming with envy. Makes my day.

Well you may not have but you indirectly did by saying the community has said that they don’t want this, when only those who have taken the time to come to this forum have said it, not to say all who have come here want it gone and in another gvg cry QQ post you were toted as such. So your words coupled with theirs makes it definitely look like your trying to be some sort of special snow flake.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Yes to +points on stomp (this idea is pretty neat)
Yes IF stat buffs are defensive only (you only get +stats when you are on a friendly objective)
No if stat buffs are universal.

Currently as they are: No.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Spazzoni.1703

Spazzoni.1703

No to buff. Yes for the changes to map.

Suicide Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

Hey Moderater? When do you you close this GvG Spam Fest?

When I am against GvG in my previous infracted post, you guys infract and remove it!
Check all the sigs of the players voting : No they are all GvG spammers.

Check out Twitch livestreams, The Pax event stream, The WvW hugh streams.. The only thing you see there is: GVG GVG GVG GVG GVG in the chat! It is just horrible and it needs to stop

So I vote : remove this thread because it only attracts spammers and flaming people.

Why do you bring up GvG? This is not about GvG, this is about the strong server becoming even stronger so the two weaker servers have an even harder time to compete? Think about it before you talk nonsense again..

OT: No, i dont want a stat buff at all. We already been there and it was complete fail.

Because if you look at the signatures, you will see that every player that says no is playing that GvG thingie.

But why would it make a strong server stronger?

They are open grounds, and I don’t see zergs guarding these spots all day long, yes a large zerg will wipe everything on there, but you can run and come back 10 seconds later.

Also IF the zergs care, they would drop down lets say 5 people to guard it and so the large zerg is becoming smaller and maybe it will be easier to siege the enemy castles because the amount of buff is not so high>

The people complaining here about the buff, just want fair GvG fights without buffs, and now with this buff they cannot do that anymore. That is the only reason useless threads like this are born.

This is world vs world, it isn’t designed to be balanced.. and it is designed for large combat. The new addition with the 5 capture points and the buff is nice and requires tactics but it is negative for GvG.

And why would someone have a buff for karma or coin, if that happens nobody would even go for these points.

Broken logic.

No one brought GvG into the conversation until some kitten had to bring it up.

Plenty of ‘no’ with people with no signatures, so don’t know where you getting your facts.

As you say, WvW isn’t meant to be balanced/fair – but with numbers/population/coverage already deciding the war, last thing we need is a buff to unbalance it further. And yes, it should make the strong server even stronger, because it will have more resources to get and keep the buff. New map design looks great, but the stat buff… meh.

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

in WvW

Posted by: krieb.6039

krieb.6039

No to stat bonuses.

in WvW

Posted by: Incomingray.8075

Incomingray.8075

No to stat buff, should be something loot/wxp/supply related instead of something that directly gives advantages in combat, love the score points on finishing enemies that’s the best part.

in WvW

Posted by: Versz.8254

Versz.8254

No but of course someone always wants to shove bad ideas down your neck >.>

Versz Blackfur – Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Radiology.3597

Radiology.3597

No. This is a population issue which tips the scale to those who can man these nodes while zerging a tower, keep, garri.

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

all this buff would do is make the biggest zerg server overpower the other servers even more.

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

If anything the buff should go to the NPCs of the losing teams. Keep the players equal, but give the losing teams a bit of help in keeping their own camps/towers/etc.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

If anything the buff should go to the NPCs of the losing teams. Keep the players equal, but give the losing teams a bit of help in keeping their own camps/towers/etc.

So what do the points do again?

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

So what do the points do again?

What points?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

No. Its a garbage idea, and whoever came up with it should be fired imho.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

YES. Because someone of us enjoy the rewards of winning.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

this thread is heavily biased to the unofficial “useless, organized zerg clash in WvW between two groups of people who happen to be in the same guild” scene

let me guess, you`re from the ppt/pvdoor/siege humping scene ?

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

I’m sure there are some, but most don’t like snowballs and snowball mechanics. Not even good for Karma trains.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Sadly this doesn’t reward someone for winning. This rewards someone for being on the server with the highest population.

As you’re on a T1 server, your argument makes a little more sense from your perspective. T1-NA is the only (somewhat) population balanced tier in the game. Unfortunately it breaks the game for everyone below T1. :-(

in WvW

Posted by: racta.4250

racta.4250

Yes.

This gives a GREAT way for small groups to effect WvW.
-You will split up zergs to cap the points
-it isn’t effected by 100 people standing on one
-it’s unique wvw gameplay including terrain elements-
-it promotes intelligent play via knockbacks, stability, etc…
-the stat increase isn’t gamebreaking for zergs vs zergs.

The most important part: stomping getting points = smaller gameplay and not just aoe everything down. This is the first thing that has been implemented that makes KILLING players effect the WvW score. It is a great addition.

Let me say that again: KILLING PLAYERS HELPS YOUR WORLD.

Racta
[Bush] – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

no…

It will make the situation with dominating servers even more irreversible, and there are more important problems to fix in WvW

…and don’t be toxic!

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

For the last time, this discussion/voting is about the bloodlust buff, meaning the stats increase and extra points for stomping, and not about the map changes, that will (hopefully) split up the zone zergs.

The stats increase gained by such a buff is guaranteed to have a snowballing effect, which in reality means that the strongest/most populated server is pretty much bound to have a significant stats advantage most of the time, making match-ups even more uneven than they currently are.

So please lay your GvG hatred aside for a brief second and try to understand that this change caters to WvW as a whole in a negative way.

~~Ayeres~~

(edited by Tellerion.8102)

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

No stat bonus.We have enough buffs as it is.

Look at the matches now.What is the most logically thing to do,make the strong stronger not.Way to kitten off the weaker servers even more.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Absolutely no! Anet has been coming up with some really stupid ideas lately.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Absolutely no! Anet has been coming up with some really stupid ideas lately.

You do know that this very buff existed at the release of the game, right?
So it is not really something they have “come up with lately”.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square