Simple Solution to The Bloodlust Controversy.

in WvW

Posted by: Fastbucks.5073

Fastbucks.5073

The stat boost, while controversial, is there to give the buff meaning in the context of the general WvW battle. Providing boosts like %WXP, etc. don’t have impact in fights against other sides, they are just a nice bonus for you. The stat boost and the points for finishing players mean that not only do you want to have the buff, but you don’t want your opponents to have it.

But people dont care for things like this! People care for FUN fights, these must be equal or close to it, those that every move make a difference in the out come not some silly extra stats due to more coverage on another map

Your wrong. People do like these things, like myself. Don’t just say no one wants it when its just the small forum base complaining.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

The stat boost, while controversial, is there to give the buff meaning in the context of the general WvW battle. Providing boosts like %WXP, etc. don’t have impact in fights against other sides, they are just a nice bonus for you. The stat boost and the points for finishing players mean that not only do you want to have the buff, but you don’t want your opponents to have it.

But people dont care for things like this! People care for FUN fights, these must be equal or close to it, those that every move make a difference in the out come not some silly extra stats due to more coverage on another map

Your wrong. People do like these things, like myself. Don’t just say no one wants it when its just the small forum base complaining.

Nope, do you speak for all of us ? don’t think so. The only sure thing is that in this forum most people like fair and even fights and don’t want care bears equip

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

No! plz dont let the orbs affect stats! I dont care about Wxp or Karma, but dont let it affect other stats!

The fact you don’t care about karma and WXP is precisely why they went for a stat buff. If you don’t care about the buff, you won’t fight over the buff.

People will fight because fighting is fun. :-)

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

From another thread,

There is NO valid argument why in a mixed tier matchup that the server with the most coverage/population DESERVES to have their stats boosted.

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

No! plz dont let the orbs affect stats! I dont care about Wxp or Karma, but dont let it affect other stats!

The fact you don’t care about karma and WXP is precisely why they went for a stat buff. If you don’t care about the buff, you won’t fight over the buff.

A commander will see an enemy train on the control point and go “nope” and lead his zerg to the camp.
The points would hold zero strategic value, thus wouldn’t be on their radar as a priority target.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

I’m not sure how the buffs going to play out, but I’m willing to wait and see. Based on what I saw on the twitch vid, it seems like the home borderland has the advantage with 2 points being so close to garrison. Thus, I imagine anet’s thought is that most of the time each server will hold the buff on their respective home borderland, which would mean all 3 servers would have the buff, theoretically. DAoC worked like that for years. The top priority was holding your realms orb and never letting anyone close to it. I can see the argument that if a server is outmanned in off hours, even in their home bl then it may be impossible for them to hold the buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

First of all, who the hell +1 this? You’re right in that we REALLY dont want our opponents to have the stat boost. The difference Devon is that we don’t want the stat boost either. Do you honestly expect us to believe you’re responsive to feedback or do you just like to kitten with us? This patch will be like the arrow cart patch where regardless to what we say you still go through with your terrible ideas until the backlash legitimately threatens the game.

Can we get separate reset times for EU and NA? “No that’s not possible.”

Can we have an option to turn off the buff on ourselves? “No that’s not possible.”

Save yourself the time and save your game. Don’t add the stat boost. WE do NOT want it.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

A commander will see an enemy train on the control point and go “nope” and lead his zerg to the camp.
The points would hold zero strategic value, thus wouldn’t be on their radar as a priority target.

Oh, I just mean in general. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are nearly round the clock small groups and people all over these points just duking it out for the pure fun of it. Heck, I might be one of them occasionally.

Yeah, an enemy zerg might go there, but you’re looking at a MINIMUM of 2 full minutes to capture all three points (if you split the zerg 3-5 ways), and that’s more than enough time to have one of your keeps golem rushed out from under you. Any commander with an ounce of macro-management skill will take advantage of that in a heartbeat (or avoid it him/herself).

I don’t think smart commanders will attempt to control these points with a zerg. If they do, they’re only hurting themselves.

My $0.02 anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.4527

Chris.4527

The sad part is with this in… 3 days? One terrible reply.

We can only hope they listen to their community for a change, maybe we just need more threads. Have something more popular than the SPVP mechanic? Lets ruin that. Make WvW harder for underpopulated servers, and tell them to try harder to get more people out to WvW? Sure, why not! Give me a kittening break.

Look at T3 in NA right now. I can only imagine fighting DB with +150 to all stats too, balance away ANET! I’ve seen so many people in yaks bend not want to WvW this week, or even say theyre going to quit over that kitten as is. Lets make it more impossible for them!

A definite no for the stat bonuses.

[One]

in WvW

Posted by: Manbo.5403

Manbo.5403

No stat boost.
All I can think of were the times we faced off against T2 servers and they would hold our BL 75% of the time because everyone bailed after getting stomped.

What about a buff for the server getting rocked instead? I don’t see why the higher activity server gets extra rewards to help them face smash the less active server even more.

I’d rather just have an XP/MF/GF bonus in WvW to promote more people playing on the less active servers.

Member of [CLAV] on Crystal Desert

in WvW

Drigan.7382

The most disappointing part is that without the stat boost this patch could be something awesome. The new terrain and cap points will make it attractive enough for all the fights as is, they shouldn’t make people choose between the lesser of two evils by having or not having the stat boost.

They are ruining what could be an awesome patch.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

tip my hat to the real masters of ANET the marketing team.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Oh, I just mean in general. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are nearly round the clock small groups and people all over these points just duking it out for the pure fun of it. Heck, I might be one of them occasionally.

Well then, my good Sir, let me ask you about a hypothetical situation: from the groups there, 1 will have the buff, even if they are hardcore roamers and just want fun and relatively balanced fights. So here are the 2 questions:
1 – will it be fun to you to be stomped by buffed enemies?
2 – will it be fun for them, knowing they win because of a stat advantage they can do nothing about?
3 – how often will massive zergs appear to secure a stat buff?

Now let’s say the buff is 50-100% to exp/wexp/mf and even 10% mf/gf/exp going to PvE crowd… 2 questions now:
1 – would people care to fight over it?
2 – will they feel beneficial for their server?

I even forgot about the points on stomp part… which is a great idea…. if there is no stat buff.

(edited by Pavel.8531)

in WvW

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

I think we will end up with the same issues as with the orbs (apart from massive glitching), the dominant server will take the boost and only get more dominant. Which is one of the reasons orbs got removed, no?

in WvW

Posted by: HarriHellYeaAmericaToTheMAX.1093

HarriHellYeaAmericaToTheMAX.1093

IMO this update is perfect. We need to have another insentive and competitive game play with one another. You guys are forgetting this is pvp this is warfare even if its just a game the same principles apply from real life. You think in war scenario one side captures a point with weapons before the opposing team does and then the team that didn’t get the point will throw his arms in the air and say hell no I’m done I’m going home guys because the other side now has a slight advantage ?? This new system will create more diverse wvw gameplay like while the main zerg is taking keeps a small tacticle group can take and hold enough points for the boosts and try and fortify that position with seige. If they get over run then hey so be it that’s just war. People are to scared and weak when they hear about stat bonus feature …. I can see their concern but really sorry guys the world doesnt work like that. We need this insensitive and I think its a great idea arenanet. From watching the live stream the other day I’m very much looking forward to it.

Ive been dreaming of the day another orb system comes back. The way it was before was ruined by exploiters and ultimately the feature was taken away due to that. Now this cant happen. The new system will bring another competitive edge from the usual take this point take that keep etc etc bla bla same old same old…. Yea it will make the strong stronger but im sure if you guys that qq you can work together to strategicly take the points back…..maybe when there sleeping who knows this just adds another layer to WvW. Instead of boring spoon fed mindless zerging around.

(edited by HarriHellYeaAmericaToTheMAX.1093)

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

i’d rather be the underdog against a strong server than be the underdog with the only option of capping the orbs while the stronger server is sleeping.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

i’d rather be the underdog against a strong server than be the underdog with the only option of capping the orbs while the stronger server is sleeping.

stronger server will have the population to have people at all hours so that really wont help.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Same ole song and dance….Broken stuff all day in WvW (commander tags, squads, party UI) and we get new stuff implemented that will only likely be horribly broken and exploited the fullest by the playerbase.

new content means: patches, fixes, more issues down the road….please for the love of Dwayna just fix the inherently broken stuff first please!

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

tip my hat to the real masters of ANET the marketing team.

my sentiments exactly. gw2 started out as a fantastic game. then they decided to turn it into a massive tourist trap. it’s all about getting new people in, and getting them to fork of cash to buy useless overpriced souvenirs in the gem shop. there’s very little, if anything at all, designed to retain existing players. in fact, they’ve actively pushed existing players out, even flat out telling them to leave on these very forums. just get them in, get their cash, then to hell with them. it’s sad to see so much potential continually get wasted.

there’s so many things that need fixing in this game right now, and a good portion of it is just the broken and bad mechanics they they’ve added themselves. fixing it, however, doesn’t immediately give them short term profit gain, so the long term is completely sacrificed. it’s no wonder that every aspect of this game is used as a farm-fest, players are just doing the same thing Anet is. get your shinies as fast as possible, then move on to the next spot. quality? screw that. player retention? screw that? balance? screw that. fun? screw that. actually delivering on the marketing hype that caused people to buy the game in the first place? screw that.

so it all gets sacrificed. quality, balance, fun, longevity, honesty. why? cause dey gotta get dem shinies while dey can!

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: allindal.8406

allindal.8406

NO
I wouldn’t be a fan of stomp going to PPT.
Way to much abuse potential there. It’s just really that simple.

As for the buff, it makes no sense, for either side to have it. If a team pushes hard, they don’t deserve a buff that allows them to reign over the map. ALSO, if a team gets shut down constantly, they also don’t deserve a buff to make them more “equal”. The problem of unequal population is already mostly addressed by the tier structure.

You only capture what you can capture with the number of people you field in the map. No assistance by way of buff for anyone, ever.

Blackgate
PVT Elementalist/Warrior/ Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

15 years from now people will look back and remember GW1 fondly, Sadly this pile of trash won’t be remembered at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

I saw the Red icon and thought there would be more than one Dev response because I see constant responses in other threads of the forums outside of WvW… I see a trend here…

Also,
No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No.

Thank you.

Love

in WvW

Posted by: Istaf.1953

Istaf.1953

And how many percentage of the WvW community does that guild make up?
1? 0,5?
The point is that it will be more or less impossible to truthfully claim to know what the majority of the community want, since the majority will never make their voices heard. One can however assume that the majority of those that makes their voices heard are those that are unhappy.

The point is saying “Oh well, the forums don’t make up the WvW community as a whole” is a two way street. Sure, there are some people not posting here that like the buff, but, there are also people who aren’t posting and don’t like it. Besides, whats the point of even having forums if everything posted here is irrelevant, simply because not everyone is posting ?

[RET] Medicalstaf
Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

1? 0,5?
The point is that it will be more or less impossible to truthfully claim to know what the majority of the community want, since the majority will never make their voices heard. One can however assume that the majority of those that makes their voices heard are those that are unhappy.

The point is saying “Oh well, the forums don’t make up the WvW community as a whole” is a two way street. Sure, there are some people not posting here that like the buff, but, there are also people who aren’t posting and don’t like it. Besides, whats the point of even having forums if everything posted here is irrelevant, simply because not everyone is posting ?

We could be discussing strategies and making guides and stuff. This isn’t strictly a feedback forum.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Istaf.1953

Istaf.1953

1? 0,5?

We could be discussing strategies and making guides and stuff. This isn’t strictly a feedback forum.

But this is a feedback thread. The mods even recognized it as one.

[RET] Medicalstaf
Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

But this is a feedback thread. The mods even recognized it as one.

It is! Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

It is! Thank you.

Feedback, as long as it’s about butterflies, red roses and/or child birth.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: ShorTy.1468

ShorTy.1468

how bout do something with the feedback?

Mithrillx – VoTF | [Retired Guard]
We deffo need more siege masteries.

in WvW

Posted by: Kcrook.3945

Kcrook.3945

It is! Thank you.

Wow that vid in your SIG is so eye opening!

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

in WvW

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Pfft. I hate all those things.

But seriously, the team does watch this thread and does keep the feedback. And we also compile particularly good constructive feedback for the team, so they don’t miss it.

in WvW

Posted by: Esuni.2498

Esuni.2498

But seriously, the team does watch this thread and does keep the feedback. And we also compile particularly good constructive feedback for the team, so they don’t miss it.

Yet we get non backed up counter arguments with any consideration to what got posted

Aurora Glade – Esuni [TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: Jordiboy.2301

Jordiboy.2301

ok so please listen and change the bloodlust buff. the people, the consumers, the ones who have payed and play this game have spoken and the vast majority do not want this current buff

Nadroj Lionheart
Human Female Guardian
Officer of Excessum [Exss]

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Team listen and watch, but will not care anyway and go on destroying WvW.

We’ve already seen this movie more than once.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

On behalf of the others – don’t mind our “hostile” comments, we still aren’t over Devon’s stuck up “this is our vision so this is how you will play” type reply. Your type of reply I think we can stomach much more and it sounds a lot more diplomatic.

in WvW

Drigan.7382

Danicia u hate this link too? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

LOL the mod actually changed your youtube link!!

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]

in WvW

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

. Your type of reply I think we can stomach much more and it sounds a lot more diplomatic.

I know I don’t comment as much as many others do, but the Community Team is listening, too.

in WvW

Posted by: Skyllar.3562

Skyllar.3562

Too bad the “team” doesnt care, cause they see WvW as a casual’s area, which doesnt need any testing by more than 10 ppl.

in WvW

Posted by: Babayum.9204

Babayum.9204

Im kind of losing faith in that company by seeing some stuff recently… it’s really sad and this bloodlust buff is just the beginning. Also they will keep the stat buff no matter what the community thinks abt it.

in WvW

Posted by: Gregory.8612

Gregory.8612

Cool story, keep posting such politically correct statements. Maybe some of new players will believe in those tales and gw2 can survive one more year!

/watch?v=F7MN2j-CRdc The Taboo movie

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.2796

Zero.2796

You guys are really… negative. If you don’t like it then don’t play. Go find something else to do and leave Guild Wars to those of us who enjoy it.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

You guys are really… negative. If you don’t like it then don’t play. Go find something else to do and leave Guild Wars to those of us who enjoy it.

Because giving up and just walking away is a great idea, i hope thats not how you handle all your problems in life.

I would like to voice my opinion, give my feedback and hope to make the game better for it.

I think stats for Bloodlust is a very bad idea. Orbs were removed because Anet at that time recognized that adding more stats to the winning server just snowballs it out of control. And now they are doing the exact same thing.

Outmanned hasnt ever awared player stats, because of reasons. I honestly dont know the official reason for this. But apparently being outmanned doesnt mean you should get a statboost. But outmanning other servers does?

Thats the world upside down if you ask me…

in WvW

Posted by: mind scar.5706

mind scar.5706

I think stats for Bloodlust is a very bad idea. Orbs were removed because Anet at that time recognized that adding more stats to the winning server just snowballs it out of control. And now they are doing the exact same thing.

This is true, i hope ArenaNet realizes this is a bad idea once again, to be fair they did get a lot of new staff that wanted to evolve the game and make more content. But that’s what they tried before with the Orbs and it failed drastically, learn from history and it will reward you ArenaNet!

But i am not saying to quit making new content, i think a lot of the new content recently has been great and has boosted the community moral but this …. this … this Bloodlust thing is a bad idea.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

ok so please listen and change the bloodlust buff. the people, the consumers, the ones who have payed and play this game have spoken and the vast majority do not want this current buff

And yet the vast majority haven’t even commented on the issue. Nor have all that commented on the issue said that they don’t like it. Stop using the word as majority when the majority doesn’t even visit the forums, much less posts in threads like these.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Atistheso.4657

Atistheso.4657

This is a definite NO for me.
I do like the new mechanism but these new objectives should offer some other kind of rewards, not a crazy buff like this. The devs keep claiming that they want a better balance in the game and that achieving that is complicated. I totally agree that it’s difficult, but it also seems obvious to most people that this buff is a big step in the opposite direction.
Like other people I would like the idea of a significant mf, xp and/or karma buff instead, that would be available both in WvW and PvE. This would give more rewards to the dominating team, but wouldn’t break the matchup even more.

I think this buff thing is a new example of ANET recent policy concerning new content. They work hard to design new content and they want people to actually play it so they add excessive rewards. This was the case with Scarlett invasion in PvE, and now it’s the case again in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Miguel.2653

Miguel.2653

No to stats and power creep. I remember words from ANET – there would be no grind, there would be no power creep.

Between ascended and soon ascended armour, the difference is getting bigger and bigger. Grind2win, rather than WvW being open to all (as they envisioned). Almost becoming like WAR, with RR gear destroying fresh 80s. It pretty much is already, the WXP, skill less, pvd karma farmers with their 400+ WXP ranks and like 10k kills have much more use in WvW – like draining supply with trebs, defending their precious points. While the guys with 200 wxp ranks and over 100k kills get penalised.

How bout some rewards for WvW kills.

Yes, I’m totally agree, I can understand what they must tie you somehow to the game, laurels work fine for that, but this ascended stuff really go against their first words of: there will be not grinding in gw2 and if you want to do wvw from the very start you can do it, with such difference right now 1 ascended geared 80 can 3 hits a fresh 80 player.

Oh, and no, I do not want direct stats

Tzzil (Mesmer / Mag)
Tzilacatzin (Ranger / Maguuma)

in WvW

Posted by: P anubis.3061

P anubis.3061

No to stat bonus for me as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

Just set perimiters to not extend past the south supply camp, where community pvp events happen.

If the Siegerazer buff, keep buffs can have set perimiters, I cant see why the bloodlust cant have such perimiters either.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

. Your type of reply I think we can stomach much more and it sounds a lot more diplomatic.

I know I don’t comment as much as many others do, but the Community Team is listening, too.

Hooray! And thank you.

Our objections are being heard. Now to hope they will get acted on.
(Though it’s a wonder Anet let themselves get into this situation, given they removed the buff for the very reason that it’s a bad idea now.)

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The fact that you don’t care about them, isn’t that why it has to be something else? The buff has to be something most players will care about. No-one cared about the quaggan and they only get captured as an afterthought. It also doesn’t make sense for someone to constantly fight over the ruins – which doesn’t award karma or exp – if the only buff was karma or Wxp because they themselves won’t benefit from it.

I don’t think points from stomps or reduced damage from siege would be enough for people to care about the ruins, especially on lower ranked servers where siege isn’t as big of an issue. A buff for points on stomp alone isn’t appealing to people because blow out matches are common and points don’t mean anything to a lot of people (even the serious people).

What kind of buff is honestly valuable enough that players will care about it as much as they care about the current suggestion, but one that people find acceptable? A celestial buff is something that every player will benefit from. Someone who’s stepping into WvW for the first time will understand it makes them better, zergs going to fight an enemy zerg will be glad they have it because it makes them better in combat. The buff needs to be important for people to care about the ruins. What alternative is there that is as universally attractive as a celestial buff?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

The fact that you don’t care about them, isn’t that why it has to be something else? The buff has to be something most players will care about. No-one cared about the quaggan and they only get captured as an afterthought. It also doesn’t make sense for someone to constantly fight over the ruins – which doesn’t award karma or exp – if the only buff was karma or Wxp because they themselves won’t benefit from it.

I don’t think points from stomps or reduced damage from siege would be enough for people to care about the ruins, especially on lower ranked servers where siege isn’t as big of an issue. A buff for points on stomp alone isn’t appealing to people because blow out matches are common and points don’t mean anything to a lot of people (even the serious people).

What kind of buff is honestly valuable enough that players will care about it as much as they care about the current suggestion, but one that people find acceptable? A celestial buff is something that every player will benefit from. Someone who’s stepping into WvW for the first time will understand it makes them better, zergs going to fight an enemy zerg will be glad they have it because it makes them better in combat. The buff needs to be important for people to care about the ruins. What alternative is there that is as universally attractive as a celestial buff?

You mention the lower tiers here. But guess what is popular in those tiers? Dueling, GvG, team combat…. sure reduced siege damage wouldn’t be as important to us, but we would like it a whole lot more then a buff that ruins some of our favorite pass times. There is certainly better options then a stat buffs that could still be helpful in a large portion of WvW.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS