Simple Solution to The Bloodlust Controversy.

in WvW

Posted by: Malachi.1836

Malachi.1836

No! plz dont let the orbs affect stats! I dont care about Wxp or Karma, but dont let it affect other stats!

The fact that you don’t care about them, isn’t that why it has to be something else? The buff has to be something most players will care about. No-one cared about the quaggan and they only get captured as an afterthought. It also doesn’t make sense for someone to constantly fight over the ruins – which doesn’t award karma or exp – if the only buff was karma or Wxp because they themselves won’t benefit from it.

I don’t think points from stomps or reduced damage from siege would be enough for people to care about the ruins, especially on lower ranked servers where siege isn’t as big of an issue. A buff for points on stomp alone isn’t appealing to people because blow out matches are common and points don’t mean anything to a lot of people (even the serious people).

What kind of buff is honestly valuable enough that players will care about it as much as they care about the current suggestion, but one that people find acceptable? A celestial buff is something that every player will benefit from. Someone who’s stepping into WvW for the first time will understand it makes them better, zergs going to fight an enemy zerg will be glad they have it because it makes them better in combat. The buff needs to be important for people to care about the ruins. What alternative is there that is as universally attractive as a celestial buff?

There doesn’t need to be a buff at all, that is the problem. People keep arguing about what is an “attractive” buff without seeing that any BUFF to stats at all will only benefit the side with more numbers. Guess what, those numbers are in the top four servers of which 12 will be in the gold league in NA. 12-4—-> 8 servers with low population which will NEVER see that buff unless a server just decides to let them have it. Its ludicrous that this is even a discussion and people actually think this is a good thing. Is it because WvW has gotten stale that the PPT crowd is just happy to get something good and hope that its a step in the right direction? Like every step that has occurred in WvW since release with the exception of culling? Ya those masteries were totally a game changer. If every change to this game only rewards zerg play just tell us now so those of us who actually want a PVP game can just cut our losses and stop putting cash into this game. Because in all honesty we came to GW2 for open world pvp and balanced pvp at that. Having a dev for the game mode actually tell you they arent even worried about balance and that in fact WVW is supposed to be imbalanced is hillarious and quite frankly poorly chosen wording.

No group that is ever involved in a pvp match that actually intends to remain in the game and have fun wants imbalanced fights. granted youll have the people who just enjoy playing games where they have no chance of losing but such games are boring and dont last. Just give one server a +200 buff to all stats randomly chosen each week by a dice roll and let people go to town. yay imbalance!

Or better yet just make WvW teams and let us chose population and balance because apparently the community are the only ones that actually see the writing on the wall.

[FIST] Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

No bloodlust buff thank you.

The mechanic is fine, the stats buff is not.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Its not like anet will listen.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Feedback, as long as it’s about butterflies, red roses and/or child birth.

Pfft. I hate all those things.

But seriously, the team does watch this thread and does keep the feedback. And we also compile particularly good constructive feedback for the team, so they don’t miss it.

Listening to feedback is very different from responding to it. Anet is at risk of losing a large part of it’s WvW population very soon. Choose wisely, Anet.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Listening to feedback is very different from responding to it. Anet is at risk of losing a large part of it’s WvW population very soon. Choose wisely, Anet.

And responding to feedback in the “wrong way” will create a kitten-storm, which have been seen over and over and over and over and over and over again on these forums.

So maybe they prefer to listen to the feedback instead of having to spend hours reading/deleting kitten people post on the forums over and over again?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

And responding to feedback in the “wrong way” will create a kitten-storm, which have been seen over and over and over and over and over and over again on these forums.

So maybe they prefer to listen to the feedback instead of having to spend hours reading/deleting kitten people post on the forums over and over again?

And why exactly do people keep posting ‘kitten’, predominantly in the WvW forums? If we have learnt anything lately, whether you think that controversial source is credible or not, its that anet wont listen lol.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

No to stat buffs. Reminds me of the old orb days and that wasn’t very fun.
It will come down to who has the most numbers/coverage making it unbalanced.

Keep the buffs – loot based or MF based or something unrelated to the actual combat mechanics of wvw.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

If each capture point was +50% wxp accumulation stacking to 150% they would get a lot of attention because these days those trains are farming WXP not PPT in the main part.

1) 3 sets of 3 points. So 9 points = 150%
2) Why should the enemy care you have +150% WxP? Why will they take the time to fight you on point for it?

1) Yes
2) Because they will also want the WXP bonus, I am working under the assumption that those people still left playing the game are going to be more progression orientated than PVP orientated and they are getting WXP for killing the guy at the point and making their grinding time 150% more effective in the process.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Avalon.6418

Avalon.6418

The problem here is that there needs to be something strong enough to drive players to capture the ruins (the ruins to become significant) and not make the stronger WvW servers even stronger.

For example we in Aurora Glade played against Vizunah and Kodash this week. This means that most of the time we won’t be having a buff and that either Vizunah or Kodash has buffs. We can easily see that Aurora Glade is handicapped.

Now what you need here is balance. Since the matching servers aren’t balanced you must make the buffs balanced. For example when a server doesn’t have a buff at all they could be given a stat buff themselves or a buff that can nullify their buffs. And be given another reason to make them want to take back the ruins. (increased chance for an ascended for example. :P)

An equal buff in an unequal match doesn’t make sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Yes to stat buffs. Not a troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I’d also want to bring up that with Stomping awarding points to your server, this can bring a lot of the toxicity we see in dota-style games. Where you dying “feeds” the other team gold, or in this case score.

We will without a doubt see a level of hostility towards new players, that are not only at a gear/experience/wxp disadvantage but also a flat disadvantage from the statboost of bloodlust.
These players will be met with such hostility because when they die, they give the other server score. With these new “leagues” this might not go down so well with some people.

I’d like to add to this, and drum up an old topic, how utterly unbalanced the downed state is. Certain professions will have an easier time stomping downed players, in particular the Thief who has access to a very-short/no cooldown mechanic that greatly increases the likelyhood of succesfully stomping.
And on the other side professions that are far better at avoiding the stomp, and having a better chance of ralying and not feeding the other team points. In particular Elementalist, Mesmer and Thief.

Before dying wasnt a big deal, not for your servers overall standing. Now it can wildly influence scores.

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

If the majority really opposes this as I believe is the case, there’s only one real solution. Anet is doing this, our protests will be given lip service at best. But we don’t have to accept this unwanted, gvg destroying buff.

The servers in each match can agree that they will hold the orbs on their BLs only. That could be explicitly agreed to in the match thread for that week, announced in map chat from time to time, posted on server and guild forums, etc. Some people won’t agree to this, but if most do I think it could work. Just be vigilant about quickly re-taking orbs in your BL that get flipped, and don’t go after orbs on other BLs.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in WvW

Posted by: Darkened.4076

Darkened.4076

The stat boost, while controversial, is there to give the buff meaning in the context of the general WvW battle. Providing boosts like %WXP, etc. don’t have impact in fights against other sides, they are just a nice bonus for you. The stat boost and the points for finishing players mean that not only do you want to have the buff, but you don’t want your opponents to have it.

Stats are still the wrong way to go. The negatives of this completely out weight the positives. Also I’m sure people have posted about this before, but this ‘buff’ is going to hurt communities. I am sure people can read into the subtext of this.

I am happy that the capture points are promoting open field fighting (finally, you are starting to understand what people want) – the problem is, the last details have just gone in the wrong direction (the buff).

Anything would have been better. For example, if a server-side capped all the points it destroys all upgrades on the map from towers/keeps (camps would be unaffected) – siege would be unaffected. This would also include your OWN upgrades. This would be balanced for the following reasons. If the map is equal between the points/upgrades, it becomes a strategy to wipe the map and further promote fighting or go after one particular point. If one server owns all the map, it balances it for the other server coming onto the map to prevent point stacking. If you have all the points, it promotes the use of scouts to try and protect the map or promoting slightly smaller party combat in this scenario. I mean this is me thinking out of the box. Anything though… Anything would have been better than a raw stat/hp buff.

// Beatrix Windrunner

Béatrix Windrunner | Squad Leader
Desolation BlackGate Gandara | Veteran Commander
Inner Sanctum [Coin]

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Feedback, as long as it’s about butterflies, red roses and/or child birth.

But seriously, the team does watch this thread and does keep the feedback. And we also compile particularly good constructive feedback for the team, so they don’t miss it.

Too bad the “team” doesnt care, cause they see WvW as a casual’s area, which doesnt need any testing by more than 10 ppl.

10? are you mad? Its 1 man, 1 cat and 3 golems.

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

YES. Because someone of us enjoy the rewards of winning.

I’m sure there are some, but most don’t like snowballs and snowball mechanics. Not even good for Karma trains.

Snowball would mean the ball would be getting bigger and bigger. However as these points stand, they can be flipped real fast.

It diverts attention from defending and raiding keeps.
So as such it’s not a snowballing mechanic.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in WvW

Dream In A Dream.7213

YES. Because someone of us enjoy the rewards of winning.

I’m sure there are some, but most don’t like snowballs and snowball mechanics. Not even good for Karma trains.

Snowball would mean the ball would be getting bigger and bigger. However as these points stand, they can be flipped real fast.

It diverts attention from defending and raiding keeps.
So as such it’s not a snowballing mechanic.

No, you don’t seem to understand. These points are hard to get, but they are easy to keep. You need to claim a buff for yourself to debuff the enemy, at the time when the enemy is stronger than you. The buff is what makes it snowball though, not the points.

in WvW

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Just a small point about buff being active on every map.

It´s frustrating.
Why is it frustrating? Because you have no control how the other BLs work, basicly even if you do amazingly well, keep the buff from enemy and such, they can still have double your bonus, without you being able to do anything about it.
People will deal with just about anything as long as they know they can do/could´ve done something to prevent it, but if they have no direct control over something, it frustrates them.

Why does such a basic design flaw even get into a live build candidate is beyond me, please fix.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in WvW

Terrahero.9358

Well that is the issue with lower pop servers at certain hours. When you ultimately get outmanned, which almost always happens sooner or later, the lower pop server tends to flock to one borderland to still get some strength in numbers and put up a fight atleast on 1 map.

With this buff the dominant server can now assure dominance even on the map they arent outmanning everyone else.

in WvW

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

GvG zealots dominate the WvW subforums, trying to force their narrow view of the game on everyone.

Tz tz

in WvW

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

Actually, I think I see the light. I understand now.

These buffs don’t matter. Who cares if they cause a snowball effect? Hear me out.

See, WvW is supposed to be unfair. It is intended that it be a broken mess. If you want an even battleground, go to SPvP. If you want stats not to matter, go to SPvP.

WvW is already unfair, so does it matter if we make it a little more unfair? It’s just like As gear. If you want those stat buffs, go get them. Don’t just sit there and whine. Work for your stats. It’s part of the game. Removing this after it has been implemented would just invalidate the hard work of the servers who got those buffs and the hard work of the developers.

See, it makes perfect sense.

o________o

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

GvG zealots dominate the WvW subforums, trying to force their narrow view of the game on everyone.

“can you please not ruin this thing that we find quite fun”
“NO”

that’s domination that there. eeyup.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Dream In A Dream.7213

I disagree. I am one of many people who don’t care for GvG at all and don’t like the buff and the League. I believe that GvG should be moved out of WvW. I can see that some of the points raised by the GvG crowd are valid. Please don’t try to derail a valid thread. ty

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Got no problem with the stats buff at all, even when I was in T9 on the lowest server I had no issue with the orbs (outside of hacking). Loved stealing them.

I find it interesting that the people saying “the points per stomp is enough incentive” are majorly also the people who have been arguing that PPT is pointless/boring. This entire thing is basically one big GvG rant.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Maybe maybe not. But if they are the ones posting in wvw forums then that is more or less how things should be. Feedback must be based on what people say. You can’t gauge what the people who don’t post want weather or not they are the majoriy.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Istaf.1953

Istaf.1953

That’s most likely because GvG guilds are the hardcore WvW guilds

[RET] Medicalstaf
Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

It’s true. GvG guilds are the hardcore guilds.

Other dedicated WvW guilds (like ours) that don’t GvG understand why there is a GvG scene. Because Anet gutted WvW competition.

Also, why do you think there is a lack of PUG commanders now? Because the dedicated guilds who provided them don’t want to deal with hostility like this.

And be careful what you wish for. If the dedicated guilds leave, WvW will die. It will still be there as casual content for PvE’ers, but as a serious game mode it will stagnate and stop living.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Istaf.1953

Istaf.1953

Um, they are. If you think otherwise sorry you’re wrong.

[Agg], very active WvW guild, also one of the best GvG guilds in the game.

[EP], very active WvW guild, most likely the best GvG guild at the moment.

[GF], very active WvW guild, very successful GvG guild as well.

[DA] active in both WvW and GvG.

[NAGA] very active and large WvW guild, started GvGing recently.

[RET] a staple of FA that has been around for a very long time and is one of the largest WvW guilds on our server, heavily into GvG.

[RQ] newly formed on FA by Novus, who is one of the most active commanders in EB on our server. They’re into GvGing as well.

[SIC] Another WvW guild on FA, also GvGs heavily.

The whole reason most, if not all, guilds GvG in the first place is to prove what your WvW guild is capable of, that and it’s fun. Of the guilds I know of, I would say it’s safe to say at least half take part in GvG officially. Of the half that do not, most of those guilds have taken part in unofficial GvGs to test the waters. Pretty much all of FA GvGs, and I honestly cant think of a guild (besides [CL], which is a Spanish speaking guild I don’t have contact with) that does not GvG.

Look in any match-up thread. Tons of people asking for GvG’s. If Anet wants a e-sport they should build up 15v15, not 5v5.

[RET] Medicalstaf
Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

It’s true. GvG guilds are the hardcore guilds.

Other dedicated WvW guilds (like ours) that don’t GvG understand why there is a GvG scene. Because Anet gutted WvW competition.

Also, why do you think there is a lack of PUG commanders now? Because the dedicated guilds who provided them don’t want to deal with hostility like this.

And be careful what you wish for. If the dedicated guilds leave, WvW will die. It will still be there as casual content for PvE’ers, but as a serious game mode it will stagnate and stop living.

Very true, those dedicated guilds are for the most part the same groups getting screwed with this buff. WvW will essentially dissolve without the dedicated guilds providing a solid backbone for the BL’s every night. Anet could very well find this out the hard way if they continue down the road they are taking.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

As Sacrx pointed out in his longer than needed rant, Arenanet sees WvW as nothing more than a funnel for casuals to somehow get sold on going into spvp which is the only thing that is a priority there.

These changes in WvW are designed to decrease WvW participation with the misguided idea that spvp will become the only choice left to players wanting something else other than PVE.

The ‘league’ is simply fancy PR spin of what already exists and a justification for even worse matchups, that and it’s a really lame excuse for not working on any WvW balance or other issues.

Instead of trying to find a solution to the problem players agree is the biggest drawback to WvW, that of lousy match ups, this BL thing pours gasoline on a burning house by rewarding steamrolling. It is clear that if a side has the resources to smother the map, they need a performance buff like a hole in the head.

It is laughable that any devs think that small groups will be able to make a difference in this proposed scenario. They obviously have never played a solid week on a bottom tier world against a world 8 to 12 tiers above them.

This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I say no to the league and the buff, and yes to moving WvW up in status from tepid introduction for casuals to pvp with the intent of funneling them into spvp, to an end in itself that deserves more resources than it gets now.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

If you used Arenanet’s fail logic about why unbalanced fights are good you would think they would change spvp so that matches would require that all team members be from the same world, and the matches go on even if only one person shows up for a side.

Arenanet is too proud to admit the WvW design is inherently unbalanced and that like spvp, needs to have balance if it is ever going to be successful.

They are cutting off their noses to spite their face at this point.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Gufuu.6384

Gufuu.6384

I’m not sure if this idea has been used but why not make the new bloodlust mechanic work like the sigils use on your weapons. You dont start right away with the stats, but when you kill a player with this buff active it gives you power stacks, maybe 5-10 to all stats (x3) if you have them in all the borderlands. of course have a limit. Also make it so you lose the stacks if you are downed or die. That way players can still get up to 50 – 150 and whateve from stomping to all stats if they’ve killed enough players. This might enforce more tactical gameplay and still make the buff worth getting. It will also keep some fights balances since you can down your enemy to have them lose their stats.

Of course you will need to find that stat bonus golden spot to make capturing these points viable. Anyway just my take on it.

Ranger
Playing since headstart.

(edited by Gufuu.6384)

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

The stat boost and the points for finishing players mean that not only do you want to have the buff, but you don’t want your opponents to have it.

I think the points for stomping is more than enough for me to not want my opponent to have it. Even if it were just magic find, or something similar, I’d rather my team have more stacks, and their teams have less/none. Giving them stats along with it serves to do nothing but pointlessly buff an already strong server.

This system would work fine in a balanced match. But take a look at the current scores, and you’ll find that most of them have more than 150,000 point differences, with many having that difference between 1st and 2nd place servers. This is going to be a complete disaster next month when the rank 1-3 servers are facing ranks 10-12. Less than 20 players being spawned camped by a server with 4 full map queues and stat buffs on top of that.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Wraith.7529

Wraith.7529

No stat buff no no no only feeds power to the server with largest numbers NO NO NO

in WvW

Posted by: datawais.7209

datawais.7209

The stat boost, while controversial, is there to give the buff meaning in the context of the general WvW battle. Providing boosts like %WXP, etc. don’t have impact in fights against other sides, they are just a nice bonus for you. The stat boost and the points for finishing players mean that not only do you want to have the buff, but you don’t want your opponents to have it.

So, I was in wvw for about an hour before and up until the servers went off and the orbs were taken out. This is how it went down:

We’d just lost QL and Lang after a 30ish-man blob beat down the doors and ignored the seige. The green side (forgot which server) got all the orbs overnight, and we were trying to hold onto something after getting shutout well into the evening. We built 8 ballistae, 2 cats, a bunch of arrowcarts, and a treb while the green zerg camped the spawn. When they finally came for us, they were able to facetank all of the seige, the 40 or so extra defenders, and take the camp anyway, not losing one. Not. One.

Then the servers went down.

Tell me this won’t happen again. Tell me that while throwing a 4-golem rush on a keep, a zerg blob won’t wipe the skirmish area and overpower a map. How is this going to keep servers from coming out of the weekend with a blowout lead. The only competition in wvw right now is between 2nd and 3rd. How will this fix anything?

in WvW

Posted by: Sevir.8975

Sevir.8975

You mean an effective way to shut down GvGs? I dont understand why you guys are going so hard against this. If something is drawing a crowd and customers are showing interest in it build on it. If you aren’t making enough money compared to your wanted projections to the horrendous e-sport wanna-be spvp then do what any good business does and find a way to capitalize on the GvG scene.

in WvW

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

No, if they don’t provide Guild vs. Guild options outside of World vs. World (like they honestly should look into getting done, aka. 25+ vs 25+ in a instanced area, as sPvP does not cut it for GvG.)

Yes, if they provide other means of doing GvG outside of WvW.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

As Sacrx pointed out in his longer than needed rant, Arenanet sees WvW as nothing more than a funnel for casuals to somehow get sold on going into spvp which is the only thing that is a priority there.

These changes in WvW are designed to decrease WvW participation with the misguided idea that spvp will become the only choice left to players wanting something else other than PVE.

The ‘league’ is simply fancy PR spin of what already exists and a justification for even worse matchups, that and it’s a really lame excuse for not working on any WvW balance or other issues.

Instead of trying to find a solution to the problem players agree is the biggest drawback to WvW, that of lousy match ups, this BL thing pours gasoline on a burning house by rewarding steamrolling. It is clear that if a side has the resources to smother the map, they need a performance buff like a hole in the head.

It is laughable that any devs think that small groups will be able to make a difference in this proposed scenario. They obviously have never played a solid week on a bottom tier world against a world 8 to 12 tiers above them.

This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I say no to the league and the buff, and yes to moving WvW up in status from tepid introduction for casuals to pvp with the intent of funneling them into spvp, to an end in itself that deserves more resources than it gets now.

^^^ This, except that that train crash is no longer in slow motion

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Newbkakes.4971

Newbkakes.4971

No.
I’d type a wall but it’s all already been stated.

Wipin zergs since 2012
Former Too Kitten [BÆST] leader/founder
[TBT] The Black Tides since ’14

in WvW

Posted by: KeBo.4567

KeBo.4567

Based on 154 Responses
Yes 18.19%
No 81.81%

I won’t be updating the vote again. It seems to be quite clear what the consensus of the WvW Community is. This vote only indicates the active forums members opinion of the buff. However one thing that should be considered by Anet is that anyone who has such an interest in WvW that they spend their time when not playing it on the forums really have a vested interest.

My personal opinion of the buff is that it will be extremely detrimental to the game. Unfortunately it will give the larger servers an unfair advantage. Before my time in WvW stat buffs were trialled and failed due to the imbalance caused in favour of the stronger servers. Just because you change the mechanic by which they are received doesn’t negate the problems that they cause.

This will also ruin a thriving community of Guild vs Guild players. Whatever your opinion is of the people who are active in this community both the players and Anet should understand that they are WvW players as well. They don’t GvG all the time and spend most of their active game time in WvW.

The real way to discourage blobbing is to introduce new maps and lower the player caps on each as this will cause the blobs to spread out. However this will not fix the problems with the match ups as the server with the most numbers will most likely always win.

That being said though I play on Ring of Fire. As WvW communities go we are quite small but tight knit. Basically every week recently we have had some pretty poor match ups. Caring about the PPT is pointless. What keeps us playing WvW is the skill involved when we fight. Meeting blobs in open field combat and taking them down even when facing 2 or 3 times our numbers. When the fights become tipped even more in our adversaries favour this will be ruined.

What really needs to happen is the developer’s need to create some test servers for WvW. This would allow their ideas to be properly tested prior to being implemented into the game. Getting real feedback from players on what works and what doesn’t. Otherwise how can the developer’s truly know what sort of effect anything will have on the balance of their game.

Kylar | Leader of Coordinated Chaos [CC] | Ring of Fire Server

(edited by KeBo.4567)

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

It’s ridiculous skills like backstab get even stronger. This shouldn’t be.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Esuni.2498

Esuni.2498

The people not posting or voted here are seen to be in Anets favour when they try to justify things even though they have not said a word.
Even if this thread had 500 voted with 500 people saying no then our oh so awesome dev would have said “but this is only a small portion of the WvW comunity talking, many people don’t post on these forums and they will agree with me”

I’ll be laughing if there will be QQ about these orbs from these players you gave a voice without asking Devon because the ones that did oppose you are mad

Aurora Glade – Esuni [TUP]

in WvW

Terrahero.9358

The people not posting or voted here are seen to be in Anets favour when they try to justify things even though they have not said a word.
Even if this thread had 500 voted with 500 people saying no then our oh so awesome dev would have said “but this is only a small portion of the WvW comunity talking, many people don’t post on these forums and they will agree with me”

I’ll be laughing if there will be QQ about these orbs from these players you gave a voice without asking Devon because the ones that did oppose you are mad

Its not just about that. Look at the responses.

This isnt a bunch of people just throwing around a “No.” and someone else quoting it with “lol this 10chars”.
People arent just taking the time to post on the forums, they are taking the time and effort to write several paragraphs of well reasoned arguments.

in WvW

Posted by: emphasis.9803

emphasis.9803

People arent just taking the time to post on the forums, they are taking the time and effort to write several paragraphs of well reasoned arguments.

…..
The real way to discourage blobbing is to introduce new maps and lower the player caps on each as this will cause the blobs to spread out.
…..

Arguments? Solutions? Well reasoned? Are you serious?

in WvW

Terrahero.9358

…..
The real way to discourage blobbing is to introduce new maps and lower the player caps on each as this will cause the blobs to spread out.
…..

Arguments? Solutions? Well reasoned? Are you serious?

If you dont consider arguments like

“This will snowball an already unbalanced matchup further” or “This rewards stacking on the winning servers” or “This will cause players to blame other players for dying and feeding points” or “Abuse and cheating will run away with this idea, as we know spies are already pulling dirty tricks why not feed points?”

and many more well reasoned arguments then i suppose you arent worth the time talking to. Because you made up your mind that you want this and refuse to listen to someone else’s opinion and arguments.

Where are yours by the way?

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

If the majority really opposes this as I believe is the case, there’s only one real solution. Anet is doing this, our protests will be given lip service at best. But we don’t have to accept this unwanted, gvg destroying buff.

The servers in each match can agree that they will hold the orbs on their BLs only. That could be explicitly agreed to in the match thread for that week, announced in map chat from time to time, posted on server and guild forums, etc. Some people won’t agree to this, but if most do I think it could work. Just be vigilant about quickly re-taking orbs in your BL that get flipped, and don’t go after orbs on other BLs.

I suggested this like a week and a half ago. They know they don’t actually have the majority (just the most vocal minority) so they just kind of ignored me.

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I suggested this like a week and a half ago. They know they don’t actually have the majority (just the most vocal minority) so they just kind of ignored me.

There are simply too many people to get this type of agreement to work, and as soon as someone flipped one point on an enemy BL, that entire treaty would likely fall apart. Whether or not we agree to dislike Bloodlust and want it gone, that extra power is a temptation, and people will want it. As much as I would love to see entire matchups where not even a single ruin was capped, I just don’t see that as possible.

This could work to balance a GvG match for a short time, as you will only need the cooperation of the currently active players. I just don’t think it’s viable longterm/match-wide.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

in WvW

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

Yes to points on stomp. No to stat boosts. Stat boosts are almost exactly the same as the orbs that you already removed once.

I do believe you listen to us. Now impress the community by PROVING that you listen. Bloodlust clearly isn’t wanted here.

Make the change before this is released, please.

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Asator.3065

Asator.3065

One of the main problems in WvW is the unbalance of active players between the servers. The new match making system already amplified the problem and it seems that these changes have the potential to make it even worse.

There’s too little risk in taking the shrines and too many benefits for servers with more players.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

My prediction T1 servers 2000+ glicko, all below 1800 or lower glicko. It’s gonna make the gap bigger. Wich will proof EVERYONE on the forum is right, and all the wvw devs are wrong, no matter how good their intentions are (wich I appreciate). But wrong is wrong. And not admitting major mistake is even more wrong. I rather have you guys not update wvw ever, then to keep on making mistakes. Don’t pressure yourself continuously ‘but we must update’, or we will loose wvw players. Perhaps that’s tru, but boredom kills every game eventually. Making big decission mistakes, however will make you loose a lot of players in short time, and that’s even worse.

15x thief ganking the shrines from one server = win. No other profession can even come close to that ganking potential. And the blood buff, buffs exactly THIS profession the most. Wrong. Thiefs should be nerfed in wvw, or disabled even, they threaten the ‘integrity’ of wvw.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.