Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Rider.6024

Rider.6024

+1 for visibility.

Players could have been less obscene, however (and more importantly) said developer(game tester?) clearly did not need to troll said players. There are hopefully far more productive ways for a developer(game tester?) to voice their respective opinion than trolling random GvGs.

I would like to add that I think blaming guilds for creating/participating in a self styled “game mode”(GvGs) that allows FAR more build flexibility and open field combat than PVP is simply ridiculous.

Give the players a place to participate in GvGs and they will GLADLY leave the WvW queues. It would simply require the build flexibility and open field mapping of WvW.

ANET could probably even charge gems (while offering no form of reward or progression) and still find separate zoning for GvGs to be a successful “fix”.

(edited by Rider.6024)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

For everyone threatning to quit just do it lol. Nobody is going to care and new players will replace ya guys so goodbye.

Oh hi. Pretty much lost interest a few days after bloodlust came out. Doesn’t mean we can’t post on the forums, in the off chance that devs will actually fix their kittenstorm.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

Really appalling behavior shown here by this person that represents Anet. Unbelievable.

in WvW

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

My name’s in purple. This made our gvg a lot more complicated than it should have been. We had a great time fighting TE, and now this is just spinning out of control. You know this is how we want to play, how we practice to play… let us get better without shunning us or saying we’re violating the TOS. If anything, we’ll bring a lot more attention to your product than spvp.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well, even if I don’t really agree with the way he did it, he does have a point.
Technically GvG could be seen as breaking the ToS via “kill-selling”.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Why don’t GvG pay for a custom arena and conduct there GvG there?

Your completely equal there and no one can interfere with you?

The cost is insignificant to multiple guilds, so that can’t be a problem.

Because you can’t?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Well, even if I don’t really agree with the way he did it, he does have a point.

Uhhh how? Kill selling would be just getting something and then not trying to win. Everyone participating here wanted to kill the other players and tried their best to do so.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

LMAO this is golden!.

22mins in the video. Standing there in middle of field clearly trying to troll, hoping they would say get out the way. Ensue guys telling him which is clearly what he wanted the reason he was there in first place. Then get mad? from the drama you wanted and try to act big man with anet tag.

This is just classic comedy material your giving away.

Now we all know how they feel toward GvG. What a joke. Time to board the quitting-the-game-wagon.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Then he should ban people and hand out warnings in a professional matter with the power of the company behind him, instead of thinking he’s funny while representing ANet.

in WvW

Posted by: KINGMAISON.7598

KINGMAISON.7598

Having read all of the post so far I must say that I can understand both sides of the coin. The WvW players who disagree with GvG are correct when they say you are taking up que spots, regardless if you’re just taking them up on an empty map. On the flip side, doing GvG on an empty map late in the week isn’t going to hurt anyone because in most situations the match is decided around early Thursday anyway.

I myself don’t have an issue with GvG. I don’t particularly care for it, but there are a lot of players who do and Anet should really consider that and give them a way to do it. I doubt they will tho because rather than listening to the players, they just implement things like bloodlust and do nothing to change the outmanned buff. Although I will give them credit they did at least change the name of it to outnumbered.

As far as what happened in the above pictures and video with the Dev, what he did may have been unprofessional and it was a huge mistake but the bottom line is both parties were griefing each other to an extent. The players trying to GvG are right in saying he was interrupting their GvG, but at the same time, they are all their taking up que spots and adding nothing to the actual game of WvW, regardless if it matters or not. I’m not trying to be on either side of the argument here. I’m just trying to point out that both sides have valid points.

in WvW

Posted by: Khrums.3765

Khrums.3765

Maybe someone from Anet will explain us what title of that game mean, for me is exactly guild vs guild. Guilds fight each other not for points but for challenge and as long Anet fail provide tool to do this outside WvW GvG will keep going how is now if any one like it or not and that include that Dev troll.

Don’t blame GvG for taking slots in queue blame Anet for fail queue system, for cap on maps or for not provide more maps as WvW community demand.

This is Guild Wars and no one else like guilds by self will set up terms how that war will be going on.

What next maybe we will get warning for fail babysitting Doylak once a day
Most pathetic in this after all is putting Dev tag up to show I’m the Boss

So now guys finish that shiet and go order some upgrades!

Hand of Blood [HoB] Piken Square , VII Overflow

(edited by Khrums.3765)

in WvW

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

This is… Really unprofessional and just disheartening honestly. Has anybody posted about this in the general forums? This really isn’t just a WvW issue, it’s an issue with Anet staff and how they think they can treat customers.

This needs to be addressed by a dev.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Uhhh how? Kill selling would be just getting something and then not trying to win. Everyone participating here wanted to kill the other players and tried their best to do so.

Of course. But it could still be seen as kill-selling, due to the fact that it is organized with the purpose to kill the enemy rather than just happening.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

so screwed up and unprofessional. one of anets big thing is that they stated that u can play the game u want. this anet guy clearly does not want people to have fun. btw anet:it is called guild wars, not esport, not spvp, not duel wars, not siege wars its called GUILD wars!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Then he should ban people and hand out warnings in a professional matter with the power of the company behind him, instead of thinking he’s funny while representing ANet.

Indeed, that would have been a better solution. But maybe he simply wanted to give people a chance to stop before simply banning them?
We all know how much people here would whine if they were banned for “no reason”.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Maybe someone from Anet will explain us what title of that game mean, for me is exactly guild vs guild. Guilds fight each other not for points but for challenge and as long Anet fail provide tool to do this outside WvW GvG will keep going how is now if any one like it or not and that include that Dev troll.

The title of the game is lore-based and named after an event that took place a few years before the original Guild Wars game.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Araris.7839

Lordkrall, do you honesty believe that Anet is somehow unaware of GvG and dueling? There were no bans that were going to take place here because of the activity.

Get a grip.

in WvW

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

GvG should have its own game mode, and stop taking up space in WvW for people trying to WvW.

Until then, why don’t you guys move GvG to the JP?

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Lordkrall, do you honesty believe that Anet is somehow unaware of GvG and dueling? There were no bans that were going to take place here because of the activity.

Get a grip.

Of course they are not unaware.
They have even stated that they will not be supported in WvW, and maybe their way of solving the spam about GvG in every single thread/stream/interview is to start threatening with bans?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Visirale.6097

Visirale.6097

GvG should have its own game mode, and stop taking up space in WvW for people trying to WvW.

Until then, why don’t you guys move GvG to the JP?

Because EB is queued.

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Of course. But it could still be seen as kill-selling, due to the fact that it is organized with the purpose to kill the enemy rather than just happening.

It’s an organized fight. Nothing has been SOLD and therefore it’s not kill SELLING.

If it’s just that kill-selling is anything non-spontaneous, then I’m guilty of kill selling when I accept a duel challenge in WvW from another player. That’s ridiculous.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Bwaaaahahahahahahaaaaaahaha

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

some people don’t seem to understand why people are mad at what the dev did. interrupting the gvg isn’t against any rules, it may make you a kitten, but he has the same right to do it as gvgers have the right to gvg.

it’s the fact that when people got aggressive towards him telling him to stop ruining the gvg, he popped up his ANET tag as if it should mean something. i expected this sort of behavior out in the playground, “my dad can beat up your dad” and other similar kitten waving.

this should have just been another random pubbie trolling a gvg, it’s old news, nobody had to know, but no, today we finally see what kind of people are under the employ of anet.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

It’s an organized fight. Nothing has been SOLD and therefore it’s not kill SELLING.

That is of course a matter of opinion. It can technically be considered selling.
But I suppose trading would be a better word, which would also be against the ToS.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Tbh, if he wouldn’t have tourned on his ANet tag, he would simply have been a kittenbag like there are many.
But with his ANet tag on, he represents the company and instead of being a kittenbag, he shows an incredible lack of professionalism and respect for the customer. While I agree that the community hasn’t shown much respect back, that’s still not acceptable behaviour when representing your company.

^ This said it best.

Oh and my imagination runs wild: “You aren’t playing the game the way our Staff wants you to play it, so we are warning you, watch your back for the ban-bat”.

in WvW

Araris.7839

Get a grip.

Of course they are not unaware.
They have even stated that they will not be supported in WvW, and maybe their way of solving the spam about GvG in every single thread/stream/interview is to start threatening with bans?

I urge you to use logic, it’s your friend.

Do you honestly believe that a company, is going to decide that a type of activity that hundreds, if not thousands of players actively play or watch, is suddenly against the rules, without telling anybody? No announcement? Just some guy on an ego trip threatening a single group?

Think. Use your mind.

in WvW

selan.8354

gvg is not selling kills at all. it is a legitimate fight between 2 guilds! if they dont want that then dueling should be banned too. they were advertising this game as play the way u want. so we want gvg and an anet dude destroys it and is even arrogant like that. woah!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

GvG is kill selling!!!

Sorry but those 15 kills are hard to get compared to wiping zergs of kittenty players

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

game dev company I used to know fired one of their best because some idiot player reported him saying something that could’ve been interpreted wrong. After watching this video…

wtf

Anet, whoever this guy is, he just seriously damaged your company’s rep. I’m not saying anything, I’m just saying.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

That is of course a matter of opinion. It can technically be considered selling.
But I suppose trading would be a better word, which would also be against the ToS.

No… if nothing is being sold, it’s not selling. No agreement was made to give X kills to either side. Nothing is being traded. It’s not trading. It’s not an opinion. It’s not selling or trading because of the very definitions of those words.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Do you honestly believe that a company, is going to decide that a type of activity that hundreds, if not thousands of players actively play or watch, is suddenly against the rules, without telling anybody? No announcement? Just some guy on an ego trip threatening a single group?

Think. Use your mind.

Suddenly? It have technically always been against the rules (if you decide to read the rules a certain way) so it wouldn’t really be something that “just popped up”.
ArenaNet have decided to not act against it because it has not been a problem.
But due to more and more spam about it everywhere it is fully possible that it is starting to become a problem, and they are within their full right to start enforcing the rule.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I still can’t believe the developers of a game called “guild wars” would try so hard to stop there from being actual guild wars.

it’s like making a game called world war 2 and forcing you to stay in afghanistan for the entire duration of the war, its pointless

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

No… if nothing is being sold, it’s not selling. No agreement was made to give X kills to either side. Nothing is being traded.

And yet it is more or less: “We meet you guys here at that time, with no outside interference, and then we fight until one side is dead!”.
How is that not organizing kill-trading?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I still can’t believe the developers of a game called “guild wars” would try so hard to stop there from being actual guild wars.

it’s like making a game called world war 2 and forcing you to stay in afghanistan for the entire duration of the war, its pointless

To me the most insulting thing is the attitude.

“I made this mode i decide how you play.”

Pathetic.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

The WvW players who disagree with GvG are correct when they say you are taking up que spots, regardless if you’re just taking them up on an empty map.

What??

I….. what?

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

TIL we may only PvD, no defending, no killing, and no dying to npcs.

in WvW

Ragnar.4257

No… if nothing is being sold, it’s not selling. No agreement was made to give X kills to either side. Nothing is being traded.

And yet it is more or less: “We meet you guys here at that time, with no outside interference, and then we fight until one side is dead!”.

If you’re going to get that picky, then you can say that the whole of WvW is kill-trading.

“Our server will fight and kill your server for control of keeps/towers”

OMG kill trading!

If GvG guilds wanted to raise their kill counts in the fastest way possible, they’d go and do what they do every other night of the week: rofl-stomp zergs.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Don Muerte.7168

Don Muerte.7168

Welp, back to Dota it seems. Was fun for a while but this ship has nobody competent at the helm.

BYE!

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Trade
noun

: the activity or process of buying, selling, or exchanging goods or services
Nope

Not trading.

It’s far closer to robbery.

Rob·bery
noun

: the crime of stealing money or property : the crime of robbing a person or place

They have something the other side wants and they are taking it by force.

Robbing players of their lives in WvW is fair game.

Words have meanings.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

If you’re going to get that picky, then you can say that the whole of WvW is kill-trading.

OMG kill trading!

No, since that is just happening.
If you on the other hand decided to trade a keep/tower back and forwards, there would indeed be an issue.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Chemsorly.3674

Chemsorly.3674

maybe I don’t get your point, but how is that supposed to be killtrading? Trading/Selling always requires an exchange of values which increases both sides total values because of their different needs.

[RG] Red Guard, [TA] Team Aggression, [Scnd] Second Law
Staff Elementalist, Ultimate Dominator
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/chemsorly

in WvW

Araris.7839

Think. Use your mind.

Suddenly? It have technically always been against the rules (if you decide to read the rules a certain way) so it wouldn’t really be something that “just popped up”.
ArenaNet have decided to not act against it because it has not been a problem.
But due to more and more spam about it everywhere it is fully possible that it is starting to become a problem, and they are within their full right to start enforcing the rule.

Alright, you either can’t, or simply won’t think.

So I’ll do it for you. Even if they decided GvG and dueling violates the terms, there are far too many players that participate in it for them to not directly make a public statement, as they have for every important bit of info. They would tell the hundred/thousands of players that the conduct violates their terms.

This is common sense. If you don’t possess that, well.. You’ll look every bit as foolish as you do.

Done with you now,
Good day

in WvW

Posted by: Khrums.3765

Khrums.3765

Kill selling seriously? most kittened argument against GvG ever heard off.

To all PPT lovers go go keep your points, conquer map because friday is coming and all going to be reset! so get as much until you can.

Hand of Blood [HoB] Piken Square , VII Overflow

(edited by Khrums.3765)

in WvW

selan.8354

it is not kill trading it is a fight between 2 guilds. kill trading is when u keep running into your deth so they can get badges and ppt

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Your idea of kill selling is ridiculous but it doesn’t matter what you or me or anyone else thinks about it. It’s a matter of fact, not opinion. In fact it’s not against the ToS and if they wanted it to be, they would simply announce it.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Ragnar.4257

OMG kill trading!

No, since that is just happening.
If you on the other hand decided to trade a keep/tower back and forwards, there would indeed be an issue.

And GvG is “just happening” too.

The kills are not the intent or purpose, the are a by-product of the fights. Just as in WvW, the kills are not the intent or purpose, they are a by-product of the fights.

If kills in GvG didn’t count towards kill-counts and totals, nobody would care. They would still do it anyway. Thus the exchange or gain of kills is not the intent or purpose of it. Your point is moot.

Good try though.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Trade
noun

Nope

Not trading.

Rob·bery
noun

: the crime of stealing money or property : the crime of robbing a person or place

Interesting how several of the definition of trade suddenly disappear before I managed to quote your post.

To make an exchange of one thing for another
To give in exchange for something else
To pass back and forth

These three are also definitions of trading. And I would say all those three fits GvG quite well.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

And GvG is “just happening” too.

The kills are not the intent or purpose, the are a by-product of the fights. Just as in WvW, the kills are not the intent or purpose, they are a by-product of the fights.

Good try though.

No it isn’t.
It is planned fights.

If the kills are not the intent or purpose, why kill?
Why not just leave downed enemies?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Trade
noun

Nope

Not trading.

Rob·bery
noun

Interesting how several of the definition of trade suddenly disappear before I managed to quote your post.

To make an exchange of one thing for another
To give in exchange for something else
To pass back and forth

These three are also definitions of trading. And I would say all those three fits GvG quite well.

I did that to make it more simple for you. I’m not sure if English isn’t your first language but you don’t seem to have a solid grasp of it. No kills are being exchanged for another. No kills are being passed back and forth. No one is giving up their virtual lives on purpose. Nice of you to ignore the robbery definition though.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Why didn’t you just have the other team spike him and continue on with your GvG, you guys whining about it is just as bad as him complaining.

Yeah, no knowledge of the situation and no understanding proves that not only Anets are sometimes jerks, players are even more. They did do, waht u suggested, but then he ran to the GvG team of his server forcing the others to bash on their GvG opponents or leaving him allone. Either way, it disrupted the GvG match.

ANet promissed to realease a perfect Game, before it was released. They failed to deliver on that promise in almost every category. At least they could let ppl try to make the best of it instead of bashin’ on players. If that guy was an employee, he should get fired. And Anet should appoligize for that accident of a jerk.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!