US Leagues - 4 instead of 2! Please!

in WvW

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

3 Leagues of 8 servers doesn’t work because the total has to be divisible by 3.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

On the other hand, if the weak servers don’t put in the effort in communicating and organizing, then they deserve to lose.

That’s how I see it.

99% of getting points in this competition is decided by coverage, not skill or tactics or organization. Skill might come into the equation, but only in matches where coverage is close to equal, which by all observation is rare due to the population/participation imbalance between stacked worlds and the worlds that have been deflated due to players leaving to stack further up the ladder.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

If they want to take the buff away they have to split up.

Total points at the end of the week are almost totally decided by coverage.

Coverage means server 1 has more and larger zergs, and… wait for it, more and better roamers.

The Bloodlust control points are decided most of the time by roamer type players who prefer that kind of spvp type play on an open map.

Maybe occasionally a zerg will stop doing a karma train and wipe a few Bloodlust control points, but day in and day out, those are decided by the roamer population of each world.

If your words has better coverage, that coverage extends to roamers and roamers decide bloodlust points.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

If they want to take the buff away they have to split up.

Total points at the end of the week are almost totally decided by coverage.

Coverage means server 1 has more and larger zergs, and… wait for it, more and better roamers.

The Bloodlust control points are decided most of the time by roamer type players who prefer that kind of spvp type play on an open map.

Maybe occasionally a zerg will stop doing a karma train and wipe a few Bloodlust control points, but day in and day out, those are decided by the roamer population of each world.

If your words has better coverage, that coverage extends to roamers and roamers decide bloodlust points.

pfft yeah like roamers enjoy having a their 40 men zerg righ around the corner stealing their fun or having opposing 40 men zerg ambushing poor roamers

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

It is at least BETTER for more of the servers overall then before. I do find it funny though that Devon announced he was going to be on NSP… and they are poised to be at the top of the bronze league… whatever. hopefully they will get stacked hardcore now and bump themselves right out and into the silver league.

Were actually hoping to get a bump and moved into the Silver league. More fights less PVD.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Riondron.1069

Riondron.1069

It is not 3 leagues of 8. It is 1 league of 6, and 2 of 9. Read the update on the main page of the gw2 website.

Commander Kitadia
NSP
Kill a few: there won’t be a many

in WvW

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

still, any look at the scores of last week where SoR had more than twice the points than the ranked 4 and 5 server, which means any fight with SoR, BG or JQ against any other server that server will have a bad time.

Let servers rank 4 and below fight each other how you see fit and maybe let the winner try on the top 3 servers, since anything else will make for a bag farm for the top 3 servers

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

it is not working fine at all. i dont wanna fight t1 only. 7 weeks of kitten blob balls all over the place.

this for 7 weeks
http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/map/1019

fa is my home since the start and we went through a ton of matchups being the underdog, but at least we could put up a fight. fighting a t1 server(and the new stacked tc) is u vs 70 man blobs pvdooring everything. they just steamroll everything. seriously it should be server 1-4 goldleague or give fa the chance to all transfer to a new server so we can at least play.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

I dont know about you guys but silver league seems like a lot of fun.

I’m enjoying my current match up and i know the rest of the servers are gonna bring a good fight to us. Sure maguuma, DB and sbi will dominate but the rest of the servers seems somewhat equal.

Sometimes you just gotta forget about ppt and make “have fun” your main goal, ppt comes 2nd =p

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

selan.8354

I’m enjoying my current match up and i know the rest of the servers are gonna bring a good fight to us. Sure maguuma, DB and sbi will dominate but the rest of the servers seems somewhat equal.

Sometimes you just gotta forget about ppt and make “have fun” your main goal, ppt comes 2nd =p

yeah but u get to fight some servers u can actually beat. all we will see is t1 in every matchup. t1… how can u have fun when u sit on 60 ppt and u will try to take a tower and the 70 man zerg keeps running over u? u cant havoc u cant take no nothing. there is always 70 people ther always day and night 24/7. every matchup will have a t1 server for us.
now i hope to get tc once in a while so we can at least try todestroy their doly parade again.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

yeah but u get to fight some servers u can actually beat. all we will see is t1 in every matchup. t1… how can u have fun when u sit on 60 ppt and u will try to take a tower and the 70 man zerg keeps running over u? u cant havoc u cant take no nothing. there is always 70 people ther always day and night 24/7. every matchup will have a t1 server for us.
now i hope to get tc once in a while so we can at least try todestroy their doly parade again.

Well thats gold league for ya. The server imbalance up there is pretty silly

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

selan.8354

yeah it is, but when we all moved up, we never intended to go to t1.ever… and now we have to fight t1 only for 7 weeks. we dont even have 1/3 of their population o.0. at least before we could have a chance to have at least 1 or 2 fun matchups….this league is an absolute disaster.

oh well, there is err tequatel ……and that acended gear farming.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No league that includes T1 can be even. Here is an idea. Remove T1 from the league, and let them fight themselves for the seven weeks.

4-6 isn’t that strong anymore since a lot of guilds from those servers recently moved to T1.

It is also an incentive for people in tier 1 to transfer to a lower tier.

in WvW

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

2) We are making some changes to bloodlust in advance of the season. More specific details will be out in the near future, I’m not sure when exactly.

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up.

If I may add some input on the topic of Bloodlust:
One problem is that in general, any rich-get-richer system drives the lower scoring realms to “give up”. Yes, they could retake the Bloodlust, but on average the larger realms find it easier to just retake the buff, or aren’t reliant on it in the first place.

Instead, such a system needs to provide a non-combat benefit to the leader, while providing a – noticable – combat benefit to the underdog.

My suggestion for a “quick fix” would be:

1. Bloodlust removed.
  2. In the centre of the 5 capture points is a floating orb of power, shielded by a coloured shield.
  3. Taking control of the capture points gives a realm access to that orb of power.
  4. Each side has a “conductor” tower near their entrance, if they take control of the orb a beam of light will connect the flying orb to that tower, all across the map.
  5. For the leading realm, Geomancers near the entrance point in that borderlands will use the orb’s power to blast a hole in a wall, revealing an Obsidian Mine. Players can mine Obsidian here once a day, and NPCs will steadily mine it and send Dolyaks to the LA portal. Each Mine gives -3% to all waypoint costs in PvE, stacking. Economic boost.
  6. For the middle realm, apprentice Asura Engineers near the entrance use the power to build special grenade kits. The guards of any captured point have access to these, causing them to throw AE grenades every second~third attack. They cause Freezing / Crippling / Blinding in a large radius of 4-5 grenades thrown, 50 target limit. Point defence boost.
  7. The underdog realm gets the current bloodlust bonus, only the homeland one is doubled, for a maximum of +200 points if all are held. For added effect, Guardians and Elementalists near the entrance work together on a ritual empowering a large circle on the ground, as you enter you walk through it getting the buff. Direct stat boost.

This way, the higher realm gets nice stuff, the middle realm gets a noticeable but not really combat-productive help. And the realm which can really need it gets a direct power increase.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

It is not 3 leagues of 8. It is 1 league of 6, and 2 of 9. Read the update on the main page of the gw2 website.

He was replying to the post above his

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

No league that includes T1 can be even. Here is an idea. Remove T1 from the league, and let them fight themselves for the seven weeks.

4-6 isn’t that strong anymore since a lot of guilds from those servers recently moved to T1.

It is also an incentive for people in tier 1 to transfer to a lower tier.

Compared to 7 and under, 4-6 has always been quite strong. Just look at the match history.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Reiko.1560

Reiko.1560

Being on the receiving end of the kitten kicking, chest thumping and disrespect for many weeks but disappearing when they face T1 servers… can’t say I feel sorry for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Atistheso.4657

Atistheso.4657

Thank you ANet for the changing your plans and adding a third league. I think 4 would have been better for the lower servers but it’s still a nice that you listened to the people and adapted accordingly. It gives me a lot of hope for the future.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

1) My understanding is that we literally can’t match NA and EU servers up. It is about the physical locations of the data centers and the speed at which data travels. So, until that changes, interleague is off the table.

My understanding is that the NA and EU servers are both located in the US.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

On the other hand, if the weak servers don’t put in the effort in communicating and organizing, then they deserve to lose.

That’s how I see it.

99% of getting points in this competition is decided by coverage, not skill or tactics or organization. Skill might come into the equation, but only in matches where coverage is close to equal, which by all observation is rare due to the population/participation imbalance between stacked worlds and the worlds that have been deflated due to players leaving to stack further up the ladder.

I would argue it depends on tactics and persistance.

T1 is the best indicator becuase everyone there understsnds the gimicky skills and runs the right builds and over the weekend there are queues for most of it. SOR usually wins throughout the weekend due to better tactics. But on Tuesdays when SOR starts to tire BG pulls ahead. Its happened numerous times. Where does JQ fit into this? Sort of the second best at both persistance and tactics.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: highlandria.7941

highlandria.7941

Can we please just set it up to where 3 fairly even servers face each other. One server goes down a tier for getting last and 1 server goes up a tier for getting first. These blowouts can get rough to handle. Better yet why not make it to where you can have 1 free transfer to a lower tier server a month. You could then raise the price to join a tier 1-2-3 to like 3000-4000 gems to cover your loses. Let new players move around servers for the first week for free so they can make a choice which server is best for them. There are plenty of guilds willing to go to tier 6-7-8 except for the gem issue. These guilds know they will lose a good part of their guild unless they have a great community so they don’t move. If I read right you made top league gold rewards better then low league gold rewards. That’s going to divide us event more. More are going to the top because you give them more and more reasons to. Another possible idea. When buying the game make it to where you get a reward for deciding to join a server with less players. A simple 5 gold, and more will start the game on those servers.
There has to be ways to even out the server’s. Basically what I am trying to say is there are sooooooo many ways to start evening out the servers slowly but surely. It’s up to the dev’s to figure it which way is best. Dev’s need to give incentive to switch and or start your account at tier 6-7-8.

in WvW

Posted by: Laggin Dragon.3062

Laggin Dragon.3062

Anet needs to lock in the current standing. You guys made a 3rd league so things would be more balanced. And yet due to pushing the date back it appears that some servers are intentionally losing a lot of rating to end up in lower brackets where they don’t belong. It pretty much defeats the purpose of the 3 theirs. I don’t have a problem starting on the 18th, but unless it’s locked in soon you’ll have a few Silver tier in Bronze and at least one Gold in Silver. Is it fair for servers such as Kaineng and Yak’s Bend to be facing ones like Anvil Rock and Devona’s Rest?

Alcott – Level 120 Ele
Leader of Core of Scarlet/Sapphire Alliance [CoSA]

in WvW

Posted by: shikimeguri.6039

shikimeguri.6039

I found that DB’s points decline abnormally this week, I think they are deliberately, in order to win the silver league. If ANET really want to run this event, please notice DB’s behaviors, that’s no honor at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

If reports are accurate DB lost most of their SEA guilds this past week.

Anybody who has fought them knows that their NA is dedicated but not very large (Mag, EBay, and even YB have ticked higher than DB during NA prime). Most of DB’s points came from their (relatively) strong SEA.

While it is possible their SEA is choosing to tank in order to drop down, I think it is far more likely you are just seeing the results of ANet’s decision to group NA T2 with T1 in Gold League.

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

• Sea of Sorrows: 32 415
• Jade Quarry: 120 925
• Fort Aspenwood: 38 545

Just noticed our (SoS) match up this week… haven’t logged in for the last 8 days for pretty much this reason. Sucks for FA too.

Looks like I’m missing out! I’d better start playing again! /sarcasm

I honestly just want to verse FA and Mag every week, it is the only match up that is the most balanced for us. But noooooo, ANet has to listen to the idiots who wanted to verse different servers and create the poo storm of the last 4 months that has now turned into the new poo storm called leagues.

You can name a piece of poo, in the end it is still poo.

in WvW

Have No Faith In Me.1840

With DB on the decline (due to anets poor decisions), SoS will be pushed up into gold league and we’ll get curb stomped every week (we won’t get a single week with a win or even second). How thoughtful of you ANet.

Judging by MOS predictions, SoS will be 6th next week and DB 7th. Guess I won’t be opening the game for quite a while now.

Even if we stay in silver, we’ll curb stomp the servers lower than us, there’s still a huge gaping hole in WvW match ups.

FA/Mag is the most fun we can hope for…. and the leagues will mean that match up will never happen.

Lol have a look at EU match ups
- T1 is servers 5, 7 and 9
- T2 is servers 1, 2 and 11

?? What garbage.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

With DB on the decline (due to anets poor decisions), SoS will be pushed up into gold league and we’ll get curb stomped every week (we won’t get a single week with a win or even second). How thoughtful of you ANet.

Judging by MOS predictions, SoS will be 6th next week and DB 7th. Guess I won’t be opening the game for quite a while now.

Even if we stay in silver, we’ll curb stomp the servers lower than us, there’s still a huge gaping hole in WvW match ups.

FA/Mag is the most fun we can hope for…. and the leagues will mean that match up will never happen.

?? What garbage.

We need a SoS, Mag, SBI matchup to decide sixth place.

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Hey DevonCarver, us bottom tiered server would like for you and your WvW decision buddies to join us over the next course of 7 weeks of WvW fun.

And I mean for you guys to actually participate. Not looking at stats and numbers from data collection. Join one server, a week and actively participate

Then actually get back to us with a written report on how fun it is

Sincerely

All bottom tiered servers that has kittenised by league

I will be on NSP throughout the duration of the season. And I will be getting the meta achievement.

Good, We will likely need you as a defender in NSP Borderlands on reset. Feel free to join us in Gendarian (sp) Fields about 30 mins before reset.

Is that where everyone meets before reset? I always thought it was LA.

No this is where Os meets, but when other guilds run with us they form there as well.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: baseballguy.4865

baseballguy.4865

?? What garbage.

I think there has to be a better rating system. There should be considered ranking values. Rank should carry a multiple. If the rank 2 is facing rank 7 and rank 4, rank 7 should get 3.5x points and rank 4 should get 2x points. This will show matchup value.

in WvW

Have No Faith In Me.1840

^ something along those lines is actually quite a nice idea.