Want the old maps back?[186 Signs]

in WvW

Posted by: Fates Guidance.6014

Fates Guidance.6014

Yes, i would like the alpine borderlands back…that way i have somewhere else to go besides just EB.

in WvW

Posted by: OldGreg.6428

OldGreg.6428

Bring back the old maps. I used to play every other day WvWvW…since the new maps I’ve stopped playing.

in WvW

Posted by: Bad Nursie.2876

Bad Nursie.2876

rotation, at least, please

in WvW

Posted by: Sayak.6473

Sayak.6473

Yes i want old borders back.

in WvW

Posted by: horaxx.9728

horaxx.9728

Please bring them back, the new ones are nothing but pve.

“How do you kill that which has no life?”

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

snip

This could be expanded a bit to read ‘after wondering aimlessly seeing no one to fight for 30 minutes, we finally ran blinkered straight into another group and actually had a fight’.

There has to be players on the map for there to be ‘varied combat options’. They are not ‘fresh’ now- they are dead.

Yeah, except this was being on the map for about 3 minutes. Don’t get me wrong, movement options are something to consider. But towers on the old maps were pretty pointless since you could just bypass. If you didn’t have WPs then you would have a long run back on the old maps as well to get to back SWT/SET/SC. Now not having those towers is a problem that if not addressed will slow you down, there is a price to not controlling things.

New maps are built with more people in mind and that’s when they excel. Also in either case, EB always drew larger numbers then the borderlands, or at least on the servers in which I have played for/against, since there was more targets of attack and thereby more important to control which in turn drew more fights.

That said I have also seen smaller forces be able to hold their own against larger forces using the terrain to their advantage versus the typical pirate ship or run straight thru each other fights the flat maps encouraged.

Towers on the old maps were more valuable than they are on the new maps, as there is an extreme lack of strategic positioning on the DBL . You actually had a reason to defend NWT and NET, for example, due to if you take NET or NWT you can hit the Garrison from a defensive position forcing the defensive team into an offensive fight.

With the DBL, it doesn’t even matter if you defend the towers.. or the garrison for that matter, but that is with the additional issue of the WP and upgrade changes. With the placement alone however, it is lacking the strategic design that was included with the Alpine maps.

Bottom line with the DBL is they are not designed to be fun, challenging, strategic PvP maps with the primary objective of keeping players engaged in nonstop PvP action the majority of the time they are on them. They need to scrap these bouncy, gimmicky PvE oriented maps and bring back actual maps designed to not waste players time when they came here for PvP action.

If the majority of the time a player is playing on a map, they are running around wasting time doing nothing because they needlessly made it take longer to get to your objectives, you are not designing a good PvP map. Making it take longer to get to objectives =\= fun, challenging or strategic. It just means you are wasting your players time that would be better spent playing a PvP game instead.

Even in T1 the DBL maps are ghost towns because players would rather play a different game all together than play on the DBL.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Chill Winston.7263

Chill Winston.7263

Bring them back, please

Slater Alligator
Norn Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

I would love old BL back, I hereby sign as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

They know people want the original borderlands back, they just don’t want to do it because it means admitting they did something wrong by replacing them to begin with.

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

Anet does not and will not listen to it’s WvW player base. If they actually listened to us our population wouldn’t be is such dire straights.
PVE players have more impact to WvW revisions than actual WvW players. The fact is WvW is the red headed step child controlled by an abusive stepfather and always will be.

in WvW

Posted by: Mark.1679

Mark.1679

Tobad the people who post on the forums are only the minority right? right?
I want them back, yes. Will Anet ever give in? No.
They are to busy kittening up the PvP balance and “scene” in this game.

D/F frontline for [PUSH]

in WvW

Posted by: FallenTear.3710

FallenTear.3710

If They bring old BL back that mean they are fail on HoT.
Anet- Devs never accept it.
Move on guys; old BL can’t back : (

in WvW

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

No doubt. Gif us alpine

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

The new BLs are 10x better. People are just too busy sticking their head in their own butt to go and try it out. The old maps were utterly, utterly boring and there was nothing exciting about em. Come on, for like 3 years the mid part of the map was avoided like the plague… which is a huge chunk of the map and suddenly people forgot about this. Being entitled and spoiled and afraid of change doesn’t mean a map sucks.

*grabs popcorn *

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

If you can show me where they said they were not keeping Alpine in the rotation please do, as everything I have seen them say on the subject said it was coming back.. people just want that sooner and for them not to break it before returning it. Players do not want them to change it is what is being stated.

It is even in the notes on the Wiki:

The Desert Borderlands are planned to be on a rotation with the Alpine Borderlands.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Borderlands

If the only reason they wont rotate it back now is due to it showing how much the DBL failed, that is just double fail.

It took me forever to find this quote:
www.gw2wvw.net/topic/new-wvw-mapMar 14, 2015 – The Desert Borderlands Map will be replacing the old Borderlands map (Alpine Borderlands) when the expansion releases and we might reintroduce the old map in a rotation or tournament…"

MIGHT. That’s sort of like, “Soon”, only worse.

Edit to add: Also found on Dulfy http://dulfy.net/2015/03/14/gw2-egx-wvw-desert-borderlands-map-reveal/

That was back from March, the official GW2 wiki was updated long after that.. Alpine IS going to be in rotation.

LOL! The “official” wiki is 110% player maintained, and Anet has zero to do with it. As someone mentioned before, believing otherwise is wishful thinking.

in WvW

Posted by: ImNoir.5742

ImNoir.5742

Yes. IT does not need to be a permanent change, just rotate them back,

Darkhaven [DW] Devine Wind

in WvW

Posted by: Shaylus.6124

Shaylus.6124

Borderlands back. yes please. sign me up.

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Thanks all for signing up! we have reached 100 players that have signed!
For all of you that say “anet will never change to accept they did new bad maps” well if they would have the courage to do so, they would been respected for the bad work they did BUT MORE RESPECTED for listening to their players and give them what they want – the old maps back!

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

For all of you that say “anet will never change to accept they did new bad maps” well if they would have the courage to do so, they would been respected for the bad work they did BUT MORE RESPECTED for listening to their players and give them what they want – the old maps back!

Unfortunately, we need to remember, that the forum population is not representative of the entire population. To make matters worse, 100 people that signed a silly petition (my self included) means absolute squat. Hell, if I was Anet, I’d look a the list and say “that is an incredibly small list” and disregard it.

So I don’t blame Anet if they never revert back to the old maps. I wouldn’t. The sample size is just too small.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The sample size is just too small.

To look at this objectively, one would have to look at the number of unique accounts logging in and going into WvW and how frequently. I have no doubts the number has dropped since HoT launched. Which say’s something right there. Next, for this list, you’d have to account for what percentage of players can read English and use the forums. The Then ask what percentage of those players is 100.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Bartimaeus.5160

Bartimaeus.5160

Yes old maps please

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

ofc sign me up, tho I doubt they listen.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

Posted by: Caligo.2186

Caligo.2186

Yes, I very much do want the old maps. The new ones are way too limiting on traveling. And before someone says " oh you just have to learn them…" I know them perfectly, still find them annoying in their layout

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

yes i do /15charrs

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

YAS PELEASE ~~~~

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Unfortunately, we need to remember, that the forum population is not representative of the entire population. To make matters worse, 100 people that signed a silly petition (my self included) means absolute squat. Hell, if I was Anet, I’d look a the list and say “that is an incredibly small list” and disregard it.

So I don’t blame Anet if they never revert back to the old maps. I wouldn’t. The sample size is just too small.

You’re right that this sample is too small to be of any significance but then a tiny fraction of the player base comes to the forum regularly to express their views and out of them majority have opted for the old BLs. Players who have already quit because of the maze BLs/new mechanics/more PvE in WvW, etc won’t come here to give their opinion either. 90%+ WvW’ers in my friendlist (majority of who doesn’t even visit ths forum) still wish they’d bring back the alpine BL.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

No, not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Zantisgod.2140

Zantisgod.2140

Yes Please back the old maps !!

in WvW

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

Yes, I understand that some people prefer the new ones (it seems like a minority), but there’s no reason that they can’t be rotated with the server resets. Seems like a good compromise. Future map could be introduced into the rota, too.

in WvW

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

they need to sort the issues with the new maps, rotating just hides the problem temporarily. The new maps are gorgeous and have a lot of opportunity for good play, but it needs some design work to bring armies together in battle without running through a lot of long corridors. if they were a mess I would say dump them, but they just need work. Compare them to open world pvpzones in any other mmorpg in the business and you can see the potential.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in WvW

Posted by: Tzeno.5261

Tzeno.5261

yes yes yes and a hundred million yes

in WvW

Posted by: Zuggs.3715

Zuggs.3715

Yes. Very much yes.

Underworld – [CAF]

in WvW

Posted by: Jorah.2389

Jorah.2389

Give us our old BL maps!!!

Sometimes it’s better to admit a mistake and give 1 step backwards to give 2 steps forward!!

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

count my vote for restoring the Alpine BLs!

in WvW

Posted by: Scapper.4236

Scapper.4236

+1 #AlpineLivesMatter

in WvW

Posted by: Smieszny.1427

Smieszny.1427

Yes i want old borders back plx

in WvW

Posted by: Vaelkyr.4786

Vaelkyr.4786

+1 #bringbacksmallmanroamingguilds

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

The new BLs are 10x better. People are just too busy sticking their head in their own butt to go and try it out. The old maps were utterly, utterly boring and there was nothing exciting about em. Come on, for like 3 years the mid part of the map was avoided like the plague… which is a huge chunk of the map and suddenly people forgot about this. Being entitled and spoiled and afraid of change doesn’t mean a map sucks.

*grabs popcorn *

i am unsure if you are being completely sarcastic or just mostly sarcastic but good point made.
Bring back old Alpine Map and put a large coliseum/amphitheatre with 4 entrances facing NW NE SW and SE (two for home, one for each spawn) for people to fight and ppt equal x2 within the structure.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

*grabs popcorn *

i am unsure if you are being completely sarcastic or just mostly sarcastic but good point made.
Bring back old Alpine Map and put a large coliseum/amphitheatre with 4 entrances facing NW NE SW and SE (two for home, one for each spawn) for people to fight and ppt equal x2 within the structure.

That is hardly a good point.

Did people ignore the ruins? Well, yes. Few cared about them. But the center was still a major travelling route and comparably small part of the entire border combat area.

Now look at oasis.

The central area is loathed by pretty pretty much the entire community. Its a mediocre traveling route because its way easier to just go north or south than across it – most commanders will probably choose to port rather than run over it. The event… ugh… I think we all know how kittening broken the event is.

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Signed

Also I’m tired of being on a losing server. I don’t even do ebg anymore because it’s not fun being massively outpopped and boxed into a tiny corner of ebg all the time.

kitten your server identity, put every wvw map on the megaserver just like eotm.

in WvW

Posted by: PauloJr.6410

PauloJr.6410

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: SylarBG.6051

SylarBG.6051

yes plis
i’d love a rotation at least

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

A revamped alpine in rotation would be nice. I wish people would try to enjoy new maps as they are very fun. I hated them at first but now that I know them I think they are awesome. Oasis event should be triggered by Home Team losing all forts to give them a fighting chance, such as the Twins operated.Many good fights now roaming.You against HoD you’ll find me in BL, the Purple Reaper Gold Vetern.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

in WvW

Posted by: DocHoliday.9218

DocHoliday.9218

Sign me up. I’m done with this game unless the WvW community is heard.

Anet needs to bring back the old maps. WvW reset nights used to be amazing way to band together with a few drinks and teamspeak, but no more. Map hopping used to be a fun way to cause havoc in all of the borderland maps, but no more. No more commander call outs or map queses on any of the borderlands. WvW is dead (even in t1). Anet “fixed” what wasn’t even broken; and now it’s destroyed.
It’s the eerie sound of silence from what used to be why I played the game.

-Doc Holliday

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

“no thanks” – why not?

the new BL map is unplayable. Most players hate it and refuse to play it.

HoT and Deserted Borderland in particular has destroyed entire guilds, entire communities.

WvW population has collapsed… and you want to keep this?!

1. I play the new map and it’s fine.
  2. If the enemy refuse to turn up, it’s their loss.
  3. WvW population collapsed because of stability nerf. IMO, you should make a thread called, “Do you want the old stability back [sign]”, instead.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyranka.5178

Tyranka.5178

Yes! Sign me up.

in WvW

Posted by: Norreka.8407

Norreka.8407

yes ! i want sign ssign

in WvW

Posted by: Garrus.7403

Garrus.7403

Sign me up please.

I Will Raiden
Why So Serious?

in WvW

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

alpine for me , sign me up

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

List have been updated, thanks for signing!
Im still only playing EB and dont even jump with the EB-commander to the borders if he do so, i rather tag up myself in EB then because I do really lag in the new maps.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.