World Linking 8/26/2016

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Very strange linkings. FSP got a second partner resulting in a too strong #1 server group. GH did not get a second partner resulting in a too weak #15 server group. Instead to reduce the spread between #1 and #15 we will see a larger gap – just the opposite of the goal of server linking.

In addition it becomes more and more clear for me that Arenanet’s decision to evaluate linkings every two months is really not good.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

When do the Server status change? Its not really necessary for Desolation to be full anymore is it?

Reaper – Anguîsh

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

They should open up Desolation yeah, we can get queue on map only with a good commander on primetime. But let them take a few days at it so we can see who abandons the ship first, they wont be coming back with 1800 gem cost :P

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

JQs fault for nightcapping and PPT try Harding to go into T1 when they don’t belong there.

You can thank the ppt warriors and LGN for that, sounds like epic wvwin lol

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

JQs fault for nightcapping and PPT try Harding to go into T1 when they don’t belong there.

You can thank the ppt warriors and LGN for that, sounds like epic wvwin lol

It’s pretty funny, JQ’s SEA wants to stay in T1 for fights, but JQ’s NA/EU prefer T2 for fights.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

A lot of people often misunderstand one thing, SEA population doesn’t mean it include the early NA/EU players, it literally means people from SEA. You might think DB and BG are “bigger” but in reality, it just include their NA/EU players who play much more often. That is literally how most servers function, prime time help to maintain their off hours via players who willing to wake up early to play.

Given you’re from HOD and have not fought any of the servers involved for a long time you know nothing about it. DB have a long established resident sea population and BG being BG have always attracted guilds.

Right, if you do not know that [TIME] was once in DB, it already prove that you know nothing much. Don’t try to justify JQ, it will just embarrass yourself and make JQ looks desperate and demanding. Also, I don’t need to remind you that your SEA guilds got wiped multiple times by a single guild from a weaker SEA server, in other words, JQ has numbers without quality and now you are just wanting more numbers.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The new pairings are even worse…..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

well as national server u are doomed these days. Before server linking u were outnumbered during eurpoean daytime and were facing even higher numbers of people at night vs international servers. And now international servers get linked seems like a bad joke… wvw impossible on a national server atm.
best joke was playing vs SFR and Desolation as kodash and this server were not marked as full and kodash was marked as full and we had outnumbered buff on every border at every daytime, like they wanna troll german players

Same with

Piken Square & Blacktide (EN)

Piken and Kodash same population but Piken got linked. No clue what Anet is thinking when they do this, chance is nothing at all. Because pairings like this makes no sense and hurt the game in the long run. gg

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

More than anything, i’d like to see anets vision of what they are even trying to accomplish. If it is to get 4 matches that are competitive, but not competitive with the tier above or below why bother at all…

I’d rather they get rid of glicko and tiers altogether and try to get 3 matches that are fun, but not stagnant. There will be blowouts, but there are already blowouts anyway. No reason to hibernate, stack, tank, mass transfer, or buy people if there are no tiers….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

Very strange linkings. FSP got a second partner resulting in a too strong #1 server group. GH did not get a second partner resulting in a too weak #15 server group. Instead to reduce the spread between #1 and #15 we will see a larger gap – just the opposite of the goal of server linking.

In addition it becomes more and more clear for me that Arenanet’s decision to evaluate linkings every two months is really not good.

yep, now all the glory hunters are transferring to fps via proxy. I hope they enjoy their 2 hour queue to fight an empty server as their enemy will give up due to the one sided battle

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Evonet.1632

Evonet.1632

Any admin at all:
Please explain, in simple terms, the reasoning behind the current server linkings.

I am going to assume someone isn’t randomly clicking servers every 2 months, so there must be, regardless of how wrong and twisted, some sort of reason for the selection of servers.

You looked at FSP and thought “hey! This server looks weak! Let’s give them 2 servers!”

You looked at GH and thought "hey! This guys aren’t doing so bad… they are barely losing their matchup against a much larger server! Let’s remove their decent pairing and give them an empty one instead… and while we are at it, let’s give AG (a much larger server) RoF (a much larger guest than Vabbi).

While we are at it, let’s merge dzagonur and abadon!

Look at it!
One week, GH is playing with UW against Abaddon’s and Dzagonur, barely beating Dzag and getting beat by over 100k points by Abaddon’s, the next week GH is paired with a smaller server than UW, and the 2 servers we just fought are merged together!

WHY?

GH will not last 2 months of this. We are outnumbered in every single borderland, and we can’t upgrade anything. We were never “top tier” but we were never plastic tier either…. you managed to do that from one day to the other.

I am gonna guess, that your objective is to make players transfer to the top tiers, therefor making some money in gems, and saving some money by deleting a couple more tiers. But if that’s the case, save us all the trouble and do it already!

Am I wrong and being unfair? Isn’t the seemingly arbitrary linking made merely for monetary reasons? Then by all means defend your company’s honour and explain the reasoning behind this week’s linkings.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

yep, now all the glory hunters are transferring to fps via proxy. I hope they enjoy their 2 hour queue to fight an empty server as their enemy will give up due to the one sided battle

You say that like FSP didnt have 120+ man queues for EB earlier this year before the link system was even made. I am curious to see if we can have that beat. But granted, 3x DBL was probably responsibly for half those numbers.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Maybe they’re trying to force us to play the DBL “YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!!”

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

T3 EU, it’s packed with organized guilds … not for you?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

And those guilds are all running the DBL? Why? Because all other maps have queues? If so mission accomplished “WE NEED TO THROW MORE PEOPLE AT THE PROBLEMS” – for now at least.

ETA: Yeah, I’m mad – I want my server back how it has been but that ship has sailed long ago, one of our biggest guilds will leave us and we’re the next satelite server when EU is reduced to 4 tiers – because why not, right? MOAR PEOPLE!!

ETA²: But maybe we will circle Piken at some point and this time I’m not standing shy next to you in Lang

(edited by Jana.6831)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

We have reset glicko volatility and deviation for all worlds to the same value, but have left their rating unchanged (this includes worlds that were previously guest worlds but are now host worlds).

Darn, they didn’t even normalize Glicko. Anet, didn’t you all learn from the NA T4 debacle last linkings?

Especially if a guest world becomes a host. What’s their Glicko going to be? The same it was prior to linkings? If a new lower tier server becomes a host their Glicko is going to be way too low. And if they happen to be good, even with the volatility and deviation adjustments, they’ll still be trapped in Glicko hell. Just like the 4-headed hydra last time.

+1 this…so much this.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

And those guilds are all running the DBL? Why? Because all other maps have queues? If so mission accomplished “WE NEED TO THROW MORE PEOPLE AT THE PROBLEMS” – for now at least.

ETA: Yeah, I’m mad – I want my server back how it has been but that ship has sailed long ago, one of our biggest guilds will leave us and we’re the next satelite server when EU is reduced to 4 tiers – because why not, right? MOAR PEOPLE!!

ETA²: But maybe we will circle Piken at some point and this time I’m not standing shy next to you in Lang

You were next to me in Lang? Why didn’t you tell me? I woulda given you a hug

I’m just pleased our guys are doing the lemonade thing and making practical use of the situation. Seems to be working well so far … Nobody’s kvetching about map QQs.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

This is called great balance. Why great? Cause it follows balancing of all other game modes

Attachments:

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

I’m just pleased our guys are doing the lemonade thing and making practical use of the situation. Seems to be working well so far … Nobody’s kvetching about map QQs.

I was, yes =) Most people don’t like gingers

We gave up for at least the week already, I guess, we don’t stand a chance. No queues for us.
It is fun, but there is no room for strategy with these masses – this matchup feels like EotM.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

T3 EU, it’s packed with organized guilds … not for you?

I logged onto my T2 NA account last night and there were queues on both alpine maps while EB and dbl were open. I popped into dbl (home bl this week), the entire map was solid red, no swords on anything, waited a few minutes to see if there was going to be any action, then swapped accounts because I didn’t feel like dealing with queues all night on the bl’s where people actually fight.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

A lot of people often misunderstand one thing, SEA population doesn’t mean it include the early NA/EU players, it literally means people from SEA. You might think DB and BG are “bigger” but in reality, it just include their NA/EU players who play much more often. That is literally how most servers function, prime time help to maintain their off hours via players who willing to wake up early to play.

Given you’re from HOD and have not fought any of the servers involved for a long time you know nothing about it. DB have a long established resident sea population and BG being BG have always attracted guilds.

Right, if you do not know that [TIME] was once in DB, it already prove that you know nothing much.

Well you should know DB has always had a large resident sea population then.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I was, yes =) Most people don’t like gingers

We gave up for at least the week already, I guess, we don’t stand a chance. No queues for us.
It is fun, but there is no room for strategy with these masses – this matchup feels like EotM.

Ginger girls are hot

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They refuse to explain and be transparent which in turn leads to players getting angry at anet. They don’t understand that lack of transparency makes it worse, although they aren’t the only company to make that mistake. Bioware are also particularly bad at it as well.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Dude, you’re not being unfair or wrong. Just logical.

Anet can’t be trusted, close the wallets guys.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Hm, last time i played we have been overblobbed by FSP.
After that i was 2 weeks on vacation to come back and see FSP has been LINKED WITH TWO OTHER SERVERS? O.o

Yeah gg wp, Anet. Here take my respond to your decicions of the last 2 – 3 years:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sii10Xt0pdo

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: joyb.6214

joyb.6214

So the underlying idea of the linkings is to kill the lower servers one at a time until there’s a manageable amount of servers with high populations?

It’s so unbalanced it is ridiculous. FSP getting not one but two links, and GH getting one that has up til now been used as a cheap t1 bandwagon option. It’s like no actual humans even looked at it before committing.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Liston.9708

So the underlying idea of the linkings is to kill the lower servers one at a time until there’s a manageable amount of servers with high populations?

It’s so unbalanced it is ridiculous. FSP getting not one but two links, and GH getting one that has up til now been used as a cheap t1 bandwagon option. It’s like no actual humans even looked at it before committing.

No one knows the long term goal / vision. Many suspect this though.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Ginger girls are hot

Attachments:

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

It certainly looks that way now that they opened up a new tier with YB losing 100+ glicko to servers that literally started with 0. YB will be playing Farmville in T5 for a while now thanks to the introduction of new hosts without starting glicko. Great match up against fish in a barrel. …lol!

I expect YB bandwagoners to follow soon with the imminent deaths of the new hosts.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

They should open up Desolation yeah, we can get queue on map only with a good commander on primetime. But let them take a few days at it so we can see who abandons the ship first, they wont be coming back with 1800 gem cost :P

I don’t think Arenanet has updated the population counts for the servers for some time. The current population count doesn’t seem to be correct. Desolation is still marked “full” despite we get outnumbered “buff” at night time, morning, day, evening…

It would be nice to know how often Arenanet updates the population classification of servers and how it is calculated.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

At this point it feels like they are running the top tier in EU. First the promoted Deso with good linking until it was clear that this lead to a huge advantage for Deso. So now they drop Deso, who have all their players on their previous linked server and now are the underdog dropping.

So ok that could be a lesson to not bandwagon a linked server you would think, but no, now A-Net decide to promote another top tier server and add 2 links to a server in top (whilst there is many servers in both silver and bronze struggling) and bam we now have the most overcrowded server in WvW history. And i tell you it is ridiculous.
I saw how this was done to Black Gate in NA with the very first linking and thought that was ridiculous how they overpowered that server in the first try, but with FSP it is just a higher league of ridiculous.

And no i am not whining we are beating FSP when we manage to pick up enough players (still less then FSP) and have a good com online, so fights are nice at those times, but any other time of day/night we always have the outnumbered buff and they are blobbing every map and imo i don’t think they them self find it very fun to pvd gates all day and night without much fights coming with that, especially since i know FSP like fights more then ppt. If my server would get the 2 links i would still feel the same way, because it is not fun to be run by a-net. They should really stay out of that and focus on reinforcing the servers that needs it and be aware of how the linked servers are used.

So my question to A-Net would be how anyone could consider giving a tier 1 server 2 links? It feels a bit odd and more like running tier 1 then actually make use of links were it is needed. We do have more then tier 1 so why are not this servers given links so they can get stronger and move up?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

I’m not too afraid for Deso – I heard that one of my former guilds just transfered there and they are a few.
I think the linking is especially bad for EU where not all servers are and can be guest servers.
And in the end Gunnars is now in the position RoF was before and well, humans aren’t npcs – they usually don’t like to be frustrated 24/7.

Really: balance classes, balance stability, merge the lower tier servers, give national servers a free transfer to a selected few servers their choice and leave wvw alone.

ETA: A buddy of mine is on one of my former servers who were turned into satelite servers with the first wave. He basically stopped playing because he missed the community. Only real reason he’s playing now is to build golems and to turn every objective my server holds into swiss cheese “Jana, come find me!!” “Jo guys, theres a single Golem at xy – kill him” Anet, really, wvw is to troll and be trolled – don’t take that from us by turning wvw into EotM.

(edited by Jana.6831)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Liston.9708

It certainly looks that way now that they opened up a new tier with YB losing 100+ glicko to servers that literally started with 0. YB will be playing Farmville in T5 for a while now thanks to the introduction of new hosts without starting glicko. Great match up against fish in a barrel. …lol!

I expect YB bandwagoners to follow soon with the imminent deaths of the new hosts.

you looked at mosmillenium – it is wrong the other hosts did not start with 0. There are better sites, YB is gaining glicko. And there is no T5……

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

My guess the higher tiers gets 2 guest worlds is just to open more spots to bandwagon at aka more transfer cash for anet. Please correct my if i am wrong and give me a better reasoning for it.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

you looked at mosmillenium – it is wrong the other hosts did not start with 0. There are better sites, YB is gaining glicko. And there is no T5……

Orly? :o

I was going to say that was an odd change to make! Good to know that one site is wrong/obsolete.

( T4 my bad though. )

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Wow. Take a look at the bottom tier of NA. That’s some awesome pairing there. Jesus wept.

Well, have time for Fallout 4 now. Thanks Anet.

Attachments:

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Reasoning? I thought it was simple.

Its a trap. Literally. People transfer to both servers. Lots of gems shift hands. Then in 2 months you split the trap from the bait (FSP) and make another trap with the next juicy bait.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I agree. They need to explain how these pairings were set. Take a look at the bottom tier of NA. Nothing “balanced” with it at all. It isn’t as bad as bottom tier in EU, but pretty close.

I honestly think they pull random names out of a hat, and that’s the pairing. They can’t be using, you know, math or anything.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

it pairs a larger stacked server VS stacked smaller servers VS almost abandoned servers

So the larger server(server A) can blob server B wich is smaller and server B will have to farm the empty maps of server C, while server C only caps back what it can.

This creates map activity, thing are always flipping back and in when KT leave on BL to be capped back and other team scroes a few ticks, and then get map lost again..

WVW is not RvR gametyp alike, just a farmign map like eotm…with status.. lol

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Wow. Take a look at the bottom tier of NA. That’s some awesome pairing there. Jesus wept.

Meanwhile, Anet makes friends with no man sky team, on facebook.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Aigh, I guess you can’t please everyone and anyone with whatever you do. All this T1 and Europe servers complaints, and I’m here wondering why DH is still dead last in the NA servers even with the new pairings. Guess DH just sucks at/really doesn’t have enough people in WvW (probably the latter). Our server is cursed to doom anyone who are unlucky enough to be paired with us, woo~

I’ll have to retract my statements in the other threads that WvW needs more balanced matchups, because with whatever the servers themselves are doing and the inherent nature of the high-low population servers, balance is impossible. Players will work out a way to keep things leaning in their favor, no matter what is being done about it (even if the actions are questionable at times). This is the reality of WvW, just gotta accept it and move on

Too many do not want balanced match-ups and it shows when you play against them and they have no hope of loosing to you.

For some reasons, despite saying over and over that score doesn’t matter to them and that they are bored and fight is all that matters bla-bla, ppl still ball-up into a mega-omniblob (instead of, say, making 2 or 3 of them) and pvd to death. Could it be otherwise? yes it could. But do they even try? No, they do not.

People are largely responsible for caring about the score and “winning” for them is more fun than fair fights.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kurowolfe.7396

Kurowolfe.7396

I wanted to suggest just abolishing WvW or just do a hard reset on all servers altogether and start from the beginning, but I realized that people have paid/been paid real money and incentives to switch servers, and there will certainly be backlash and maybe even a riot among these paying customers. I don’t really think there’s anything ANet can do that will solve this problem once and for all. I can’t simply suggest such a rash suggestion considering I’ve only played for the last 3 months, while some others have played the mode from the start.

Too many do not want balanced match-ups and it shows when you play against them and they have no hope of loosing to you.

For some reasons, despite saying over and over that score doesn’t matter to them and that they are bored and fight is all that matters bla-bla, ppl still ball-up into a mega-omniblob (instead of, say, making 2 or 3 of them) and pvd to death. Could it be otherwise? yes it could. But do they even try? No, they do not.

People are largely responsible for caring about the score and “winning” for them is more fun than fair fights.

Yeah, it’s true. I notice zergblobs tend to just roll with the punches and cap everything they can to “keep themselves entertained”, and sometimes I told the rest to just abandon EB/EotM for a bit until the zergblob gets tired/bored/runs out of things to cap and leave, and then we’ll come back and cap back our keep once they’re gone. In EotM, one dilemma I noticed commanders tend to face when they have a large zerg is that they need to keep capping stuffs or even camp at certain towers/enemy keep to keep the zerg’s lust satisfied so that they don’t lose numbers. I have never been in a huge zerg in EB and any of the borderlands, but I can imagine the situation is pretty similar

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

So far I enjoy this and the other linkings. I’m on kaineng and we get bounced around the tiers a bit so I’m always getting to fight new people. Then again I’m a fights guy and 100% don’t care about winning/losing/crushing/getting crushed…it’s still as meaningless today as it was 4 years ago.

That being said, linking in terms of wvw being a competitive game mode is an absolute train wreck. Seriously, why keep hammering away at something that isn’t working?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Much better than Dh+EBay/SF+FC+GoM/CD+Kain+ET+BP.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I don’t think Arenanet has updated the population counts for the servers for some time. The current population count doesn’t seem to be correct. Desolation is still marked “full” despite we get outnumbered “buff” at night time, morning, day, evening…

It would be nice to know how often Arenanet updates the population classification of servers and how it is calculated.

#PoorDeso.

If ya think you are outnumbered in tier1, come down to my tier to actually see what it means to be outnumbered…..

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

They are not being transparent with their world links purposely. They don’t want to give away details on what internal tools they have by which they measure population for fear that the playerbase will in turn manipulate the data ANet uses to build the links.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

#PoorDeso.

If ya think you are outnumbered in tier1, come down to my tier to actually see what it means to be outnumbered…..

I don’t need to transfer anywhere, to get that experience. This morning our entire home border was painted red color by FSP and their 2 linked servers.

I saw 1 other Desolation player on home bl besides me. So we had a total 2 players and of course the outnumbered “buff” was on. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to play for more than 15 minutes for family reasons, otherwise I would have tagged up and went to flip the map back. I am not afraid to die and my main character has died ~2800 of times. I am not the one who rage quits if it is 2 vs 10 or 10 vs 40. And I will continue the play what my limited time frame allows me. In fact I am playing right now and we once again have just few players on home bl and that highly useful outnumbered “buff” is on us. See, some of us keep playing, no matter what are the odds. The core Desolation doesn’t give up.

Anyways the server pairing doesn’t make any sense. I am sure Gunnar’s Hold + Vabbi would have needed more help than FSP or Gandara. I am also sure that the queues are larger on those other two tier 1 servers than on GH or Vabbi.

Arenanet can and should measure the queues. If some server pairings constantly pop long queues and some others don’t, then maybe it is time for them to rethink their server pairing strategy.

Can some GH or Vabbi player confirm. Do you have queues? And if, when and how long?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Liston.9708

They are not being transparent with their world links purposely. They don’t want to give away details on what internal tools they have by which they measure population for fear that the playerbase will in turn manipulate the data ANet uses to build the links.

I suspect this as well, but even if they don’t say exactly how they linked servers – it would be nice to know what the goal is.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Either they are so slow on the uptake that they did not notice FSP was the new bandwagon server, or conversely they are quick on the uptake and noticed FSP are the new bandwagon server so provided two linked servers so there is plenty of room for people to buy gems and transfer, take your pick.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Yesterday we had 5 for EB – for a few minutes. That was 9 PM CET

Anyway, I have been outnumbered while I was on deso as well – i have been outnumbered on every server I’ve been on. EU isn’t NA and we never cared that much about a 24/7 coverage – so all this merging and linking and deleting doesn’t make any sense, it just destroys wvw (EU) in no time.