Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Varying populations across 24 hours of day … hard nut to crack

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

remember a T3 rolled the T4 match this week

Yes…but HoD had been in Tier 3 with SBI…and I don’t remember seeing numbers like we are seeing now from YB. We saw big groups…but not with the kind of consistency I have seen over the last few days.

I’m not sure if its been bandwagon’d or what…but it just doesn’t come out in the wash.

I give YB credit for having a large active WvW pop, which HoD/EBAY/ET obviously do not, at leats not in the BLs…<shrug>…who knows…I won’t speak for NSP/DH/DR…but this is why the pairings and matchups still do not work.

If there’s even a chance this coudl re-roll for the same matchup next week…something is still obviously and dreadfully wrong. lol

Well Saturday evening there were sizable FC forces out NA prime for sure. Lion was one of the main tags. This could also be true Sunday and Monday, but it is sort of hard to tell the way Anet deals with linked nameplates. I don’t really know which guilds are FC and which are YB that I just don’t recognize – not to mention the un-guilded players which I saw a lot of as well.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Varying populations across 24 hours of day … hard nut to crack

it is, but the way servers are linked doesn’t help. most servers that have some “off hours” are hosts and they aren’t linked. now imagine hosts being linked where server a has “off hours” and server b has na prime. that combo might compete in a tier higher than they currently are SOS + YB or JQ + FA. That could make some interesting matches, but the whole concept of server + guests would need to be replaced with true partners where glicko is tracked and maintained for all (or dumped for all) ….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Yes…but HoD had been in Tier 3 with SBI…and I don’t remember seeing numbers like we are seeing now from YB. We saw big groups…but not with the kind of consistency I have seen over the last few days.

I’m not sure if its been bandwagon’d or what…but it just doesn’t come out in the wash.

I give YB credit for having a large active WvW pop, which HoD/EBAY/ET obviously do not, at leats not in the BLs…<shrug>…who knows…I won’t speak for NSP/DH/DR…but this is why the pairings and matchups still do not work.

If there’s even a chance this coudl re-roll for the same matchup next week…something is still obviously and dreadfully wrong. lol

What’s happened on YB is mainly that a bunch of very active WvW players who’d been absent for various reasons (mainly just Summer, vacations etc really) all returned last week. A whole load of people are playing now who were barely seen for the whole of the last link, including one commander who can and does pull a much bigger crowd than just about anyone and who is a lot more likely to hold the stuff he takes for as long as he can.

Actual numbers probably haven’t changed an awful lot but there is now a much higher level of organization and also a desire to do something about the glicko bleed and stabilize it if possible. Unfortunately that does mean stomping all over everything whenever possible – although you’ll note YB by no means has the coverage to do that at will.

Whether it would be all that much different with CD in T4 I somewhat doubt. They seem to be pretty competitive in T3. Let’s hope the scoring changes when they arrive shake things up a bit because the linking seems to have gone about as far as it can and that’s not really far enough.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I have angst that we end up in the same horrible situation as NA where three server are are so dominant that they almost never can fall down. I have been always quite happy that EU was different and the first 10 servers were very close.

Now we have for sure two dinos in EU: FSP and JS. VZ can maybe join the club of dinos.

In a perfect world they would have implemented and tested this in NA only, as it was mostly an NA issue, because EU was fine (and fun) prior.

Perhaps they can still consider this. EU will spread back out again if they did.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

What’s happened on YB is mainly that a bunch of very active WvW players who’d been absent for various reasons (mainly just Summer, vacations etc really) all returned last week. A whole load of people are playing now who were barely seen for the whole of the last link, including one commander who can and does pull a much bigger crowd than just about anyone and who is a lot more likely to hold the stuff he takes for as long as he can.

Actual numbers probably haven’t changed an awful lot but there is now a much higher level of organization and also a desire to do something about the glicko bleed and stabilize it if possible. Unfortunately that does mean stomping all over everything whenever possible – although you’ll note YB by no means has the coverage to do that at will.

Honestly, I don’t think bleeding glicko or not make any difference. As far as I know YB always plays like that period.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Skinnii.3504

Skinnii.3504

Hello everyone,

I know a lot of EU players are asking why Far Shiverpeaks is linked with Whiteside Ridge and Fissure of Woe so I figured I would clear up why this link was made…………

@McKenna, thanks for the explanation, but seen as your looking for balance would it not be a lot better to unlink T1 servers EU ( and perhaps lock transfers for a while) and start triple linking T5 servers EU? not saying that you will put them on par with current T1 EU but certainly make them more vibrant and populated MU’s to play in.
Also in fairness I cant recall a “recent” time when any T1 EU server has had a problem with any french combination, they avoid fights, so you poke at their structures and pull em out to play, win fights, make em rage quit, paint map.

P.S im an FSP player, we aint happy either, we think of ourselves as a strong fighting server, who now lacks quality, not directly from linked servers but from those that are jumping on board to be #1, please focus all your future linking in lower tiers (who need populating) not T1, french aint a problem, providing you dont start quadruple linking them too.

As a RoF player that used to be in EU bronze please do not make assumptions you know what the lower EU tiers want or need. A-net are making a pretty bad job of doing that without your support.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Skinnii.3504

Skinnii.3504

I have angst that we end up in the same horrible situation as NA where three server are are so dominant that they almost never can fall down. I have been always quite happy that EU was different and the first 10 servers were very close.

Now we have for sure two dinos in EU: FSP and JS. VZ can maybe join the club of dinos.

In a perfect world they would have implemented and tested this in NA only, as it was mostly an NA issue, because EU was fine (and fun) prior.

Perhaps they can still consider this. EU will spread back out again if they did.

I agree. As far as I can see the only way they can fix the EU servers is to wind everything back to the week before linking and put every server back in the ranking where it was and forget the last few months ever happened.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I agree. As far as I can see the only way they can fix the EU servers is to wind everything back to the week before linking and put every server back in the ranking where it was and forget the last few months ever happened.

Yeah, but the last 2 tiers were unhappy they hadn’t had enough people. That was one french server, one german and the rest are international, right? You can’t make 3 servers out of that even though RoF was/is pretty big. You could leave 1 national server, leave RoF and merge the 3 other servers. The other national server is getting free transfers to another national (or actually any) server.
It would still be a mess but better than what we have now.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I also do not understand why Arenanet is aiming for two French “monstrosities” in T1. It would be much fairer if one German monster would join the club to replace a French one.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Deso is nearly always outmanned on every maps

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Lemoncurry.2345

Lemoncurry.2345

Anet stated here that “most” German servers would sit at around 70% target population capacity and thus would become too fat when being linked.

So why not allow the linking between national and international servers in the EU? Sure there is the language barrier, but at least for Kodash i can say that we had quite positive experiences with the few English speaking guilds, which dared to transfer to us for a while. This would also solve the problem for Baruch being the sole unlinkable (Spanish speaking) server. When in doubt, let the players decide and do a vote!

With a larger pool of pairable servers, population-imbalances in theory could be evened out better.

Being 30% (or more) outnumbered and overblobbed simply isn’t fun in the long run no matter how much or little you value PPT and scores.

At the end of the day all linking should lead to interesting ( = balanced) MUs, not to greater disparities than before. And i fear that is the case in the EU atm.

Red Illie
Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Peppel.9736

Peppel.9736

Heya, I´m from Whiteside Ridge

Why have we been linked with a T1 server? They don’t need a guest server (T1 and T2) – and we would not be in T1 or T2! Most of our wvw players havent been in wvw since Friday night.

WSR is a roaming server with small group fights, that is the reason we stay there until the end. And what do we have now?
Exactly what we never wanted … blob fights and queues on every map … no thanks.

All what we want is FUN! After this linking we lost it.

Fun is for us:
- roaming (take keeps, tower and camps – ppt),
- small scale fights with guild groups

Our 2 previous linkings with RoF (over a duration of 4 months) has been good, we were a great team – unfortunately we did not have enough numbers together to win one MU.

Please, Anet: Relink us as soon as possible, not in 2 months. Give us a place / home in a low tier.

This guy made a really good post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5043li/wvw_world_linkings_and_other_issues/

an other Post from me
Slow death of the “forgotten” Guest server
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server/first#post6299534

Sry, my english isn´t good

Tinka – Whiteside Ridge WSR - It’s a game, have fun and be kind to others
Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Means we soon get to fight deso in our t5 match ups? Interesting….

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Heya, I´m from Whiteside Ridge

Why have we been linked with a T1 server? They don’t need a guest server (T1 and T2) – and we would not be in T1 or T2! Most of our wvw players havent been in wvw since Friday night.

WSR is a roaming server with small group fights, that is the reason we stay there until the end. And what do we have now?
Exactly what we never wanted … blob fights and queues on every map … no thanks.

All what we want is FUN! After this linking we lost it.

Fun is for us:
- roaming (take keeps, tower and camps – ppt),
- small scale fights with guild groups

Our 2 previous linkings with RoF (over a duration of 4 months) has been good, we were a great team – unfortunately we did not have enough numbers together to win one MU.

Please, Anet: Relink us as soon as possible, not in 2 months. Give us a place / home in a low tier.

This guy made a really good post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5043li/wvw_world_linkings_and_other_issues/

an other Post from me
Slow death of the “forgotten” Guest server
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server/first#post6299534

Sry, my english isn´t good

Hey I dont think you’d find many objecting to that from FSP either. The queues has been… really bad. Especially since DBL has done exactly what many of us said it would do – shift WvW from 4 maps to 3 maps. That was great in theory, under the assumption that the server struggled to fill 3 borders, making it easy to focus on 2 (with a little expected queues). This link wrecked that though. Now we swamp 2 maps – I think I saw a 60 man queue to a border and has enough people spilling over to DBL to have a zerg fighting exactly 0 enemies.

Not sure the title of “Baguette Slayers” is worth the waiting times just to play.

But Anet got the metrics, they could post them to prove its balanced.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Means we soon get to fight deso in our t5 match ups? Interesting….

Won’t happen. Desolation’s night crew + other non-prime time capturing will keep us mostly likely in tier 2, but it is obvious that without the linking we do NOT have the numbers to match FSP + 2 linked servers.

Desolation can still muster a big blob in 1 map if a popular commander is on, but that means that the other 3 maps will then have just few guys, not necessarily enough to even defend 10 enemy from attacking (I have often had just 1-4 guys defending vs about 10 enemies and lost so many towers like that).

It is interesting that a server, which can fill just 1 map at best and has the outnumbered “buff” on 3 other maps, is the only EU server which is classified as full. I heard FSP + linked servers can fill multiple maps, yet they are not marked as full. Can anybody who is playing on FSP confirm: do you have queues on maps? And are there queues on multiple maps at same time?

I just wish the developers would reply us the simply question: how often are the population counts updated? and how long time frame (days) are used to measure the server population?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Anet thanks for killing deso, I recently transferred there to have more activity again and now its a dead server again. What a waste of 1800 gems. Now if I transfer again who is telling me that it wont be wasted gems again and next relink <.<

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

“oh my T1 server is dead because it can’t win a matchup”

Pu-lease…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Pu-lease…

I dont want to be on dead servers, I want to play on servers that have large zergs and queues.
I transfer where the activity is and not where Anets weird idea of server balance is. Anet should just merge all servers into 3 or 6 already instead of this useless linking.

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Pu-lease…

I dont want to be on dead servers, I want to play on servers that have large zergs and queues.
I transfer where the activity is and not where Anets weird idea of server balance is. Anet should just merge all servers into 3 or 6 already instead of this useless linking.

Umm…if it’s T1, it’s not a dead server. It has to be T3 or lower to be considered dead nowadays. :/

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Balkarrie Legacy.9175

Balkarrie Legacy.9175

Pu-lease…

Deso is currently fighting the equivalent of 5 servers, we just don`t have those numbers, when you`ve got 25 on a map , you get an outnumbered buff and you get mobbed by two 40+ blobs constantly, it starts to put people off playing because it simply is NO fun.

Thats why it seems so quiet to him.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Pu-lease…

Umm…if it’s T1, it’s not a dead server. It has to be T3 or lower to be considered dead nowadays. :/

It was T1 before the relink, it feels just as dead as SFR now which I left before. Now after relink it feels like dead SFR and people + guilds transfer away in droves.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Ginger girls are hot

Welp, time to take one for the team. Meet me at N camp round 8 pm.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Wow, I thought I was on a server with a lot of fairweathes. Deso must be even worse.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

Far Shiverpeaks was linked with two worlds because we needed a third world that would have similar population to the French worlds, specifically Jade Sea and Vizunah Square so that the matchup could be competitive. Far Shiverpeaks, Whiteside, Ridge, and Fissure of Woe linked together gave us the best population to create competitive match-ups for that tier.

Thanks for your message, but the first mistake was to make only 2 French linkings instead of 3. Jade Sea didn’t need any linking, and the pairing Anet made the first time (Vizunah + Arborstone / Augury Rock + Fort Ranik) didn’t get any negative comments by French players. So why did you think it would be better to make the present linkings, which result in queues on French servers and a lot of negativity on the French forum ?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Pu-lease…

It was T1 before the relink, it feels just as dead as SFR now which I left before. Now after relink it feels like dead SFR and people + guilds transfer away in droves.

Actually Desolation was EU rank 9 before any server linking. See:
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/15

I feel that Deso could back then barely hold to that rank 9. We were there mainly because of the relatively strong night and morning crew, which is actually just 20-30 core players doing pvd night and morning after another. Back then (about 6 months ago) we were constantly outnumbered in prime time on 3-4 maps at same time, often just having few players per map, except for EBG.

I don’t think Deso is dead now. In fact we clearly have clearly more players than we had 6 months ago, but I think it probably due Alpine borderlands and couple of other positive changes as well, not just server transfers.

But next few weeks will be painful for sure. Desolation hasn’t got numbers for current tier 1 without any server link, thus the fall from EU #1 position is inevitable, yet glicko system makes it so slow. We will be next EU rank 2, then drop down more and more. I hope Desolation’s night crew will have 1-2 week break to speed up this process. This should get rid of most fair feathers and band wagoners. I am sure FSP, Gandara, Piken etc. will enjoy their influx! ;-)

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

I am preparing to bandwagon away already, I am sure as hell not staying on a tier 3 server. Anything but tier 1 is not of interest to me

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

I am preparing to bandwagon away already, I am sure as hell not staying on a tier 3 server. Anything but tier 1 is not of interest to me

Yeah well, there’s 15 EU servers and 12 NA servers – you have 30 accounts yet transfer every week in the quest to find a server that has queues on every map…
Nuff said.

Sorry was in PvE tonight. If you’re on gunnars or on one of the enemy servers you will meet me eventually =)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Ginger girls are hot

I’m sorry, but I love you a little bit for this. Was reading along and reading along and then saw this and burst out laughing

He’s in NA Jana, he was making a funny ;p

L’enfer, c’est les autres

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Ginger girls are hot

I’m sorry, but I love you a little bit for this. Was reading along and reading along and then saw this and burst out laughing

Yeah so? We can still meet up, can’t we? I was helping friends with map completion while they were in NA and I EU and while I was in NA and they EU. That really works

(Yeah, it won’t work for wvw but if PvE has got a north camp anywhere it could)

(edited by Jana.6831)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Ginger girls are hot

Yeah so? We can still meet up, can’t we? I was helping friends with map completion while they were in NA and I EU and while I was in NA and they EU. That really works

(Yeah, it won’t work for wvw but if PvE has got a north camp anywhere it could)

Actually………..I was thinking of trying an EU server because I have a friend who roams a lot on something called Vabbi? Fabbi? I don’t know some server but he lives in US and wanted to try a EU server out and loves it so far.

Who is a good T3-4 friendly server in EU? I’m use to being outnumbered

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I think it’s better off dropping population, rather than getting fairweathers and bandwagoners through links.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Actually………..I was thinking of trying an EU server because I have a friend who roams a lot on something called Vabbi? Fabbi? I don’t know some server but he lives in US and wanted to try a EU server out and loves it so far.

Vabbi is currently linked with GH – it’s a bit hard to make out who is who but they seem to be really friendly. Don’t know if it matters too much which EU server you try but keep in mind that most of us are currently rather mad because of anets interference into our communities – so there will be bickering here and there, no matter where you go.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Yeah well, there’s 15 EU servers and 12 NA servers – you have 30 accounts yet transfer every week in the quest to find a server that has queues on every map…
Nuff said.

Sorry was in PvE tonight. If you’re on gunnars or on one of the enemy servers you will meet me eventually =)

I am not using my accounts to spy on other servers and activity on deso was fine for the last 2 months where it was linked with RoS. now it is dieing again

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

I am not using my accounts to spy on other servers and activity on deso was fine for the last 2 months where it was linked with RoS. now it is dieing again

Then maybe you should give RoS a try?
And well if you have acounts on every server you won’t need gold to transfer, so you don’t need to sell significant information to the enemy.
Other than that: PvE has got plenty enemies 24/7, wvw never had and never will have.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Vabbi is currently linked with GH – it’s a bit hard to make out who is who but they seem to be really friendly. Don’t know if it matters too much which EU server you try but keep in mind that most of us are currently rather mad because of anets interference into our communities – so there will be bickering here and there, no matter where you go.

Most likely similar to NA and we completely understand

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Then maybe you should give RoS a try?
And well if you have acounts on every server you won’t need gold to transfer, so you don’t need to sell significant information to the enemy.
Other than that: PvE has got plenty enemies 24/7, wvw never had and never will have.

I dont want to play WvW on my alt accounts, I want to progress my ultimate dominator + wvw rank + reward tracks on my main account.
And why should I try RoS? It is paired with SFR now and all the bandwagoners left RoS again now because SFR is a tier 3 server.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Then get your server active and go get your ultimate dominator… basically I am hearing … "this matchup sucks, and alot of players are not playing. I want to play, but it’s too difficult against these odds. I will not change my main to another server, because I shouldn’t have to. "

Now, I fully understand where you are coming from, but you are effectively backing yourself into a corner, (Anet assisted this with the pairings) and your options are limited. Your account name sounds familiar, you ever have a character named ‘Smile Almighty’

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

If enemy have lot’s of player you get more kills.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sure, when I 1 v 20 I usually get 20 bags… or is it 20 ppl getting each 1 bag out of my carcass…

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Sure, when I 1 v 20 I usually get 20 bags… or is it 20 ppl getting each 1 bag out of my carcass…

Amazing how that works…it’s like you’re pyschic or something to carry just enough bags for the 20 players that roflstomped you 6 ft under! No wonder you couldn’t run away from them fast enough…20 bags weigh a person down!

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Until WvW ONLY forces are counted instead of total server population; WvW will never truly be fixed.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Until WvW ONLY forces are counted instead of total server population; WvW will never truly be fixed.

What? WvW population is now based on the no. of players with a certain amount of WvW activity (no AFKing at the mystic toilet) over a certain period of time (thought to be a month). It changed last year.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kaldo.7960

Kaldo.7960

I dont want to play WvW on my alt accounts, I want to progress my ultimate dominator + wvw rank + reward tracks on my main account.
And why should I try RoS? It is paired with SFR now and all the bandwagoners left RoS again now because SFR is a tier 3 server.

Your type of WvW Player is exactly the problem why balancing WvW will never be successfull.

If a server is not utterly superior, people like u bandwagon away, always searching for easy mode. That is the only reason why Deso appears weak atm, if ppl would stay although there is no linking anymore that made Deso ridiculously strong in comparison, that server would be fine.

And so the bandwagontrain rolls and rolls, leaving servers behind with a tattered community that needs months to recover until something similar happens and it starts all over again.

The sad part is, that Anet profits so much from this behaviour that they will never do anything that makes server population more stable and stops the disgusting winning team joining.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Amazing how that works…it’s like you’re pyschic or something to carry just enough bags for the 20 players that roflstomped you 6 ft under! No wonder you couldn’t run away from them fast enough…20 bags weigh a person down!

It sure does. But to be fair, I don’t run a build that let me outrun others anyway.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Anet just does not understand how to balance population at all, just look at all the links, the transfers costs and the time they take to adjust population caps.

I’m talking about the EU side though, you can clearly see where they’ve gone wrong, they just give incentive for fairweather WvWers and you get overstacking. Why make temporary links to T1/T2 servers like FSP/Deso/Piken, rather than just adjust the populations, so you have better control over population?

It’s too bad there isn’t a better RvR game, anytime soon.

If a server is not utterly superior, people like u bandwagon away, always searching for easy mode. That is the only reason why Deso appears weak atm, if ppl would stay although there is no linking anymore that made Deso ridiculously strong in comparison, that server would be fine.

Obviously because players bandwagon to the cheaper, linked server, instead of paying 1800 gems in the past.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Well that clears up something to their thinking. Should probably be trying to make links more balanced over two tiers and not just to the tier they’re in, that way you could have 6 servers that could possibly rotate in matchup, and not have one tier of servers railroaded when they jump a tier for a matchup.

If you’re going to just balance servers to the tiers themselves, why bother having glicko anymore and why bother have random matchups, because the matches will probably always be a blowout of some sort if a server gets placed in the tier it doesn’t belong in. Players hate stale matches but they sure as heck hate blowouts even more.

Need a better strategy on balancing populations, for NA anyways, not sure what can be done with EU since they intent to keep the language barrier in linkings.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

How should there be anything else than stale matchups when tier after tier is being deleted?

ETA (I know) :It’s reset and we have no queue anywhere – I guess anet doesn’t know how wvw works and they put my server into a very dire situation.
Back in the day (~3 years ago) there were actually servers with a different playstyle as bigger wasn’t better back then. But anet goes the route I asked them not to go: Leave everything as it is and throw more people on it. (Yeah I’m mad because wvw is laggy like kitten nowadays cause we’re always run over by 2 100 man blobs – so much fun!)

(edited by Jana.6831)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Well that clears up something to their thinking. Should probably be trying to make links more balanced over two tiers and not just to the tier they’re in, that way you could have 6 servers that could possibly rotate in matchup, and not have one tier of servers railroaded when they jump a tier for a matchup.

If you’re going to just balance servers to the tiers themselves, why bother having glicko anymore and why bother have random matchups, because the matches will probably always be a blowout of some sort if a server gets placed in the tier it doesn’t belong in. Players hate stale matches but they sure as heck hate blowouts even more.

Need a better strategy on balancing populations, for NA anyways, not sure what can be done with EU since they intent to keep the language barrier in linkings.

I think this is the route Anet should go – at least for NA. Can’t speak of EU (maybe just get rid of linkings for EU).

Balance it so T1 & T2 have six servers that can somewhat reasonably match up with each other. And T3 & T4 have six servers that match up. Then reset Glicko within each tier grouping so that all six servers rotate each week. But set the Glicko so that there is an impenetrable wall between T2 and T3.

Their almost at that point now. All that’s needed is for the HoD and NSP linkings to get another server. And it doesn’t look like TC or Mag need links so there you go. Heck, YB may not need a link to be competitive either.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I think this is the route Anet should go – at least for NA. Can’t speak of EU (maybe just get rid of linkings for EU).

Balance it so kitten have six servers that can somewhat reasonably match up with each other. And T3 & T4 have six servers that match up. Then reset Glicko within each tier grouping so that all six servers rotate each week. But set the Glicko so that there is an impenetrable wall between T2 and T3.

Their almost at that point now. All that’s needed is for the HoD and NSP linkings to get another server. And it doesn’t look like TC or Mag need links so there you go. Heck, YB may not need a link to be competitive either.

Pretty much, YB probably the only server that could go back up into t2 if it was linked with another t3, but they’re not going to do that, so… might as well set up the wall between t2 and t3 instead of the semi high wall between every tier.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill