World vs World Holiday Sneak Peek

in WvW

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

Please make that downed player could not leave wvw too. Otherwise we will face honor problem with players leaving wvw in reason not to give PPK to opposite team.

[Underworld][ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

For God’s sake what the hell are you guys talking about?
Nobody ever said that these changes are going to revive wvw and they especially didn’t say that these are the only changes being made.

I don’t like wvw at the moment and I don’t play it very often anymore, but they did give us a message asking for feedback about the proposed changes.
Nobody cares about your useless negativity. They wanted feedback for these changes so give them godkitten feedback about these changes and not your endless crying about the map or whatever.

You are the reason they are not talking to us.

Do I expect any miracles from them? Not after 3 years in the wasteland they call wvw. But stop putting your negative kitten into all these threads. They asked for feedback for 4 simple changes and you all go crazy again.
You can complain after they implemented stupid things they didn’t ask us for but not when they do actually finally talk to us.
You always say they don’t write anything in this forum but instead of trying to help improve the gamemode you leave your kitten under every red post just to then open the next thread asking why none of them is posting in these forums.

There have been almost 8 pages of positive feedback. I hope that’s enough for the devs to not wait with the implementation. So they can go ahead and ask us about the next things.

PS: I never actually recognised any playstyle changes whether ppk was enabled or not so I don’t see to much of a problem there.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

“Objectives upgrades will no longer be automatic based on time. They will upgrade based on dolyaks that reach them. Smaller groups can now prevent an objective from upgrading by preventing dolyaks from reaching that objective.”

Nice, it makes a lot more sense.

“Supply cost for all catapults are being reduced by ten supply. The layout of the Desert Borderlands map has increased the number of catapults required to take some objectives. We agree with your feedback that also increasing the cost of catapults pushed the balance too far towards defense so we are tuning that more towards offense.”

Ok. No a main issue but nice change.

“Points per kill will be turned on and kept on. This is to more directly recognize the contribution that fighting other players adds to the success of the world.”

Should never have turned off, this is great change.

“The number of players who can rally off a single kill has been reduced from five to one. Players will also no longer be able to revive defeated players while in combat. You still will be able to revive downed players while in combat. Both of these changes are designed to help fights resolve and to give smaller, more skilled groups a better chance against larger groups.”

Finally! This is really great news!

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: BATMAN.6794

BATMAN.6794

-The number of players who can rally off a single kill has been reduced from five to one. Players will also no longer be able to revive defeated players while in combat.

these 2 were the only 2 bad changes listed.

I actually like this, it forces less reckless plays, and you DO have to care about staying alive to make an impact for your squad/team.

Ye sure it makes you have to be careful, but that just means the very few people now a days have even less reason to try making big plays and ends up making us play pirate ship even more and we all know pirate ship for days is no fun. Do you honestly want to spend more of your time running back to the fight you were just in? That’s what it does, and tell me that you’d actually not mind spending 5 minutes to cross the new maps everytime because you could just simply not rally like you did before. The reviving thing is stupid too, you wont be able to revive your mesmer buddy hiding in some keep because you got 5 guys spamming staff 1 looking for you and even though they are not anywhere near you you cant revive him because you are stuck in combat. I know ecchiboy the resing/medic thief guy on youtube would not be happy that he cant do his thing anymore.

Desert Borderlands suck bring back alpine til new ones are revamped

in WvW

Posted by: BloodMoonASURA.3564

BloodMoonASURA.3564

Ye sure it makes you have to be careful, but that just means the very few people now a days have even less reason to try making big plays and ends up making us play pirate ship even more and we all know pirate ship for days is no fun.

If you don’t like pirateship, then find ways to work around it. If your blob can’t work around enemy range pressure, then there is something wrong with how you try to fight the enemy. There are ways to work around rangeheavy blobs.

I can understand that not everyone likes more punishing game design, like us not being able to res fully downed allies in combat, but these changes reward good players for their efforts, and actually give some meaning to pugcommanding again, when your mistakes are being punished harder. I personally like all these changes, and I’m looking forward to pugleading again after these changes go live.

Maybe we get more exiting fights after these changes, unlike the usual zigzag around the coalescences that average revenants throw against enemy commander.

I Am The Freakshow – Anguish [Ash]
https://www.youtube.com/c/IAmTheFreakshow

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

You can complain after they implemented stupid things they didn’t ask us for but not when they do actually finally talk to us.

They’re not talking to us. They sent their PvE forum liaison – who is neither a developer or a customer representative – to deliver information she doesn’t even understand, being that she is never in this subforum and doesn’t play WvW.

It’s just to deliver a statement about changes which take the least amount of effort for a game mode they will soon discontinue. And this is supposed to make our socks roll up and down?

Please, enough with the “this is why they won’t talk to us” bullkitten.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

I’m glad that they are trying to give us previews and collect feedback on the changes. I hope it continues. I like the fact that upgrades will be based on yak count, but I’m indifferent to the rest of the changes.

I feel like there are other changes which will do much more to improve WvW. I’m sure most of these have been mentioned already in this thread: revert waypoint changes, switch back to a Friday reset, remove auto-upgrades.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Entenkommando.5208

They’re not talking to us. They sent their PvE forum liaison – who is neither a developer or a customer representative – to deliver information she doesn’t even understand, being that she is never in this subforum and doesn’t play WvW.

Well you know…it’s not the developers’ job to write something in the forums. If they do it it’s nothing more than a friendly gesture.
Gaile is “ArenaNet Forum Communications Team Lead” so it is her job to communicare with us.
And tbh…with all the toxic people in this forum I wouldn’t go there myself either if I was a dev.

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Gallios.8142

Gallios.8142

This is fantastic news!! Thank you Gaile for communicating this!

I know some folks that will be really stoked about some attention being paid to our preferred game mode!

Keep the good news coming!

Guild Leader of MoG [Minions of Grenth]
JQ Server
Co-host of Shadow of the Dragon Podcast

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I like these added changes so I give Anet credit for that but:

PPK should bin there from start and its just mindblowing that it hasnt, when it is in PvP and if u look at old games with WvW it was a factor. Killing enemies should ALWAYS bin high priority and ofc rewarded as such. A Kill-Log Boook (like Dammaz Kron for WaR) is something Gw2 missed out on badly.

Oasis & Rock-Wall-Maze was an extremely bad idea and even worse in execution… the added Stealth-Mist isnt makeing it better either and the whole area surrounding the Oasis is what confuses ppl and throw them in a maze that most Guilds actually avoid NOT use. Its something that highly contributes to the hate towards the new borders and CLEARLY no communication has ever bin had with WvW community pre-hot regarding this.

I like the NPC scouts tagging ppl but it also took away something from the WvW community, alot of ppl find it enjoyable to scout for there side and thats hardly there now.

Collision detection should have bin part of the game, sry but running thro enemies arent as fun as acually haveing collisions. This is miss alot.

Changes aside its just a little to late atm, most I know gave up long time ago and Iam here still due to 1 thing only: the combat is really really good and fun. But even this wont keep me past CU Beta stage2 where I will leave this game for good so cant say that any changes u do now will make any diffrence to me and well my old friends and WvW Guildies have already left and started up in CU… same goes for basicly any big Guild that ever where a vital part of WvW in Gw2.

There we will get the focus we want and crave and all tho we still dont know how it will turn out I doubt any will return to this sinking ship. The changes u are makeing now is done for a community that has moved on already… they got tired of not being heard.

My God, man, learn to write! You’re not sending a text on a phone.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

I don’t think PPK is a great change, looking at the API numbers. Kills are just a measure of coverage and numbers. Two servers fighting each other both get points for killing each other, more or less regardless of how well they do, but they both gain a lead on the third server just for fighting each other; basically points just for logging in.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

I don’t think PPK is a great change, looking at the API numbers. Kills are just a measure of coverage and numbers. Two servers fighting each other both get points for killing each other, more or less regardless of how well they do, but they both gain a lead on the third server just for fighting each other; basically points just for logging in.

And PPT isn’t?

In my eyes PPK is more fair than PPT. It’s better to give points for PPK than giving points to people for fighting empty towers. Alot of servers, like mine enjoy the battles more than doing PPT on empty borders. So it’s nice that they give combat oriented players an option to harvest points aswell.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I couldn’t disagree more. Without PPK it’s coverage and numbers. We measured this a couple of years ago when PPK first came in, and skilled open field guilds and groups had more of an impact on the score with stomps during busy fight times than objective points did. There is now once again incentive not to get stomped.

The one problem I foresee is servers (like TC) who like to turtle and avoid fights now have more incentive to hide behind their walls and siege.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

There is no hope for WvW…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

+4 here.

These are great changes, very excited to see them executed. The fact that upgrades couldn’t be blocked impacted player options to starve an target. The multiple rally has been issue since day one and was the lead contender to people telling new WvW players to go somewhere else since they were rally bots. PPK in addition to PPT makes a lot of sense as well and was welcome when it was running during the previous event. The guild catapult supply price increase really impacted havoc groups. Now the question is when can we try these out?

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Intriguing information & plans.

• I am content with the changes to upgrades progressing via Dolyaks reaching their required destination; gives more incentive… I am very edgy still about automatic upgrades. I feel this needs more humanly interaction.
  • Very happy about the reduction in supply costs in regards to catapults; my gripe was that the maps are too large… running supplies to create such a costly thing fell prone to more dangers and/or it took ages to get going. The cost reduction should ease that pain.
  • Glad about PPK being implemented; change is good, however, this may cause some servers/guilds as other’s have stated to shift their gameplay into a more defensive/hermit crab-like fashion so as not to feed the enemy kills thus causing more chickeny fights/pirate shipping. I could be wrong, but I feel it’s moving this way with that change.
  • Downed/Defeated changes will deem interesting. It’s time to end these unwavering rallybot shenanigans. I hope it gives an edge to smaller groups as hypothesized. My only concern is the plethora of skills/runes etc that play a small part in the game being rendered near-useless due to the “no rezzing fully dead players” (Mercy runes, traits that grant 10%+ faster rez speed etc).

Overall, happy with these proposed changes, I certainly hope they will be tested beforehand… even a 2 week period of player testing before permanent implementation is welcomed & appreciated.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Feedback- I see 729 pages on this subforum.
Early 2016- Are we looking at 3 months before implementation of proposed changes?

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I couldn’t disagree more. Without PPK it’s coverage and numbers. We measured this a couple of years ago when PPK first came in, and skilled open field guilds and groups had more of an impact on the score with stomps during busy fight times than objective points did. There is now once again incentive not to get stomped.

The one problem I foresee is servers (like TC) who like to turtle and avoid fights now have more incentive to hide behind their walls and siege.

Sorry but even with ppk its still a numbers and coverage game. IMO it favors the servers that are already blobby and have more numbers. Its much easier for 30 players to kill 15 players than it is for 15 players to kill 30 (not saying it can’t be done but it doesn’t happen much now a days)

I like that kills will count for points but it may also hurt fights as more people will run away instead of even engaging.. Already happens now and it could just get worse.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Remember when Devon said it takes 6-8 months to map and test a WvW map. Then after 8 months we didnt see a new map and then when we asked again Devon said it takes a lot longer to make a map.

Remember when Devon said WvW changes would come after Dec 31st 2013, and then we saw nothing.

Remember when after 9 pages of replies to this thread, we havent seen another red post.
Sure it’s only been two days and it’s almost xmas, but still.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I like these added changes so I give Anet credit for that but:

PPK should bin there from start and its just mindblowing that it hasnt, when it is in PvP and if u look at old games with WvW it was a factor. Killing enemies should ALWAYS bin high priority and ofc rewarded as such. A Kill-Log Boook (like Dammaz Kron for WaR) is something Gw2 missed out on badly.

Oasis & Rock-Wall-Maze was an extremely bad idea and even worse in execution… the added Stealth-Mist isnt makeing it better either and the whole area surrounding the Oasis is what confuses ppl and throw them in a maze that most Guilds actually avoid NOT use. Its something that highly contributes to the hate towards the new borders and CLEARLY no communication has ever bin had with WvW community pre-hot regarding this.

I like the NPC scouts tagging ppl but it also took away something from the WvW community, alot of ppl find it enjoyable to scout for there side and thats hardly there now.

Collision detection should have bin part of the game, sry but running thro enemies arent as fun as acually haveing collisions. This is miss alot.

Changes aside its just a little to late atm, most I know gave up long time ago and Iam here still due to 1 thing only: the combat is really really good and fun. But even this wont keep me past CU Beta stage2 where I will leave this game for good so cant say that any changes u do now will make any diffrence to me and well my old friends and WvW Guildies have already left and started up in CU… same goes for basicly any big Guild that ever where a vital part of WvW in Gw2.

There we will get the focus we want and crave and all tho we still dont know how it will turn out I doubt any will return to this sinking ship. The changes u are makeing now is done for a community that has moved on already… they got tired of not being heard.

My God, man, learn to write! You’re not sending a text on a phone.

´

Who is this “God” u talking about ?

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

All awesome and needed changes. Keep ’em coming.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Objectives upgrades will no longer be automatic based on time. They will upgrade based on dolyaks that reach them.
The number of people running around flipping camps will increase… because flipping camps gives loot, mats, wxp, supply, points, and upgrades… or denies supply, points, and upgrades to the enemy. Lotsa flipping.

The number of people willing to try and defend camps will not increase, because defending a camp is a gamble that never pays off (for you). If you kill them before they get to the camp, it isn’t called defense. If you fight them in the camp but they run away, is isn’t called defense. If you kill them in the camp, you may only get bronze credit. If you go down in the camp, the guards no longer revive you. If there are 3+ enemy players, they never have a problem spiking you down before they have to worry about the camp npcs. And all this requires being nearby and having a watchful eye on things and being ready to respond.

Supply cost for all catapults are being reduced by ten supply.
Big towers on empty maps mean you don’t have prebuilt defensive siege against every (or any) cata spot. The advantages we’ve had till now are that the wall is likely fortified and a small group of invaders had to run back for supply to finish their second cata. While they were running back for supply, you could build a sup ac, and then defense was possible because they may not be able to ever get that 2nd cata up. If they get 2 catas up immediately…. and the walls couldn’t fortify… 1v5 tower defense may be impossible.

Points per kill will be turned on and kept on.
It’s good that more people can contribute in the way that suits them, but the scoreboard REALLY needs to reflect the contribution that kills, yaks, yak-sniping, sentries, etc. are making to the overall score. (Insert GI Joe quote here).

_The number of players who can rally off a single kill has been reduced from five to one. _
My fear: The system will promote more people playing rez-builds while letting only the person who did the most damage rally off a dead foe. Someone playing a tanky/support build is already at a disadvantage in the damage-dealing department, and every second they spend reviving already means less loot and wxp… it makes perfect sense that they should be left on the ground to rot while glass builds rally.

Players will also no longer be able to revive defeated players while in combat.
Will we still be able to revive dead NPCs? Hopefull we can still get a supervisor back up.

So far, I don’t have a problem with this for players, but I will have to explain to people why I stopped rezzing them when my Plague Signet/Unholy Martyr suddenly put me in combat because someone in range 1200 got a condition.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Neutering the rally cap mechanic itself completely removes the incentive to run fewer people and reduces the amount of influence one person can have on a fight, positively or negatively. It’s always been the rally mechanic that helps me when I’m running a smaller group against a larger one. There are obviously fights where I get run over without it helping, but that isn’t the rally mechanic’s fault.

The rally mechanic only helps the smaller group unless the smaller group has no coordination, in which case I don’t know what you could really do for that group.

So much this.

When you’re 8v20, it’s honestly very likely that two or more players may simultaneously reach downed states. Coordinating for a critical rally was at times a huge part of the strategy that made going up against larger groups possible. The same is said about hard-resurrecting during a fight.

I completely understand the intent of this change as it makes blob fighting faster and victories more decisive, but I suspect a better intention would be to reduce the rally starting health/chances while in combat to two instead of four in WvW, and remove the cap on when players can rally from a kill; this way repeated-downed-state scenarios are punished such that blob fighting ends up moving faster, but small groups can still benefit from critical spikes and get up and fight again.

I’d also suggest keeping hard-resurrection while in combat. Long-ranged siege and plague signet as someone mentioned above could really cause some issues, and again this change hurts small groups more than blobs, as blobs will usually just tell dead players to respawn/those players will normally respawn, anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

#YakLivesMatter
WOOT!

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Please make it so that a side with the ‘outmanned buff’ can get 5 rally’s off a kill and rez in combat. Then it will be fine.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

These changes are good and you should feel good.

in WvW

Posted by: Zachary Stiers

Previous

Zachary Stiers

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Some clarification on a bit of confusion I saw:

• When a dolyak reaches its destination it contributes to the upgrades of both the objective it is reaching and the camp it started at.
  • Rally order is closest-first. Combined with the rally limit of one this means that only the nearest downed player will rally off an enemy death.
  • Resurrecting the dead cannot be started in combat, but entering combat while already resurrecting someone will not force you to stop.
Real Life Hero

(edited by Zachary Stiers.1879)

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Welcome to WvW, Zach. May Balthazar protect you!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

• Rally order is closest-first. Combined with the rally limit of one this means that only the nearest downed player will rally off an enemy death.
  • Resurrecting the dead cannot be started in combat, but entering combat while already resurrecting someone will not force you to stop.

So out of curiousity, are the these going to be global changes or WvW specific?

I mean come on. At least share the WvW love with PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

TY, Zach.

How is ppk counted if players from 2 servers contributed damage?
Both get a point?

in WvW

Previous

Zachary Stiers

Gameplay Programmer

Next

How is ppk counted if players from 2 servers contributed damage?
Both get a point?

Both teams would get a point. This question was asked in greater detail one of the previous times PPK was turned on and the answer is still accurate.

Real Life Hero

in WvW

Previous

Zachary Stiers

Gameplay Programmer

The rally and resurrection rules are WvW specific and only apply to players.

Real Life Hero

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Love? Those changes are horrible for PvE. You might be the only person who wants them. haha

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Love? Those changes are horrible for PvE. You might be the only person who wants them. haha

That’s why he wants to share it. Sort of “Its your turn to feel the pain of changes that affect another game mode”. At least that’s the way I see it.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

Please fix all buggy dollies before this change ^^ Other than that I’m very interested to try these changes out.

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Sicarine.3985

Sicarine.3985

Concerned that people may try to purposely break combat (or stay out of it completely) to res the dead.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

How does the yak/upgrade change work in regards to guilds having (seemingly) unlimited supply drops via guild upgrades?

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Guess that means the guildhalls will be stuck with pve rules then ^^

Retal damage there is still of pve level aswell right?

in WvW

Posted by: Camberion.9746

Camberion.9746

Great changes for the better. Implement them all by all means, but in my opinion consider:

Dolyaks – Great.

Reduced cost of catapults? OK. How about giving some more love to trebuchets. They are currently the only siege that demand sallies from fortified positions. Rest can be delt with from inside the walls.

Points for kills – as a havock/roamer I love that this returns, however I much preferred the old “points for a stomp” since this promoted small scale fighting and gave a natural benefit from stomps apart from the nice visual finisher and satisfactory release of endormorphines.
I do object to points being gained from instant dps kills during zerg fights. I dont see why an entire server should be punished when easy targets get massacred in wantan mayhem ie uplevels and untalented lightskins in outmatched zerg fights involving massive AOE frontline damage where people get dps’ed to death in seconds.

I understand why you apply points to all kills and not just stomps since there is a conflict between winning the bigger fight and optimizing the score while winning, which could lead to some hate/trashtalk vs the people not bothering to stomp. That happened during the era of bloodlust.

But then please give some other AOE team bonus gained from stomps ie increased magic find boon, on stomp boon or other benefit centered on the guy managing to complete a stomp compared to the massive “… on kill” benefits that go to everyone who brainlessly partook in the ranged dpsing of a defeated person…
I got side tracked.

Reducing number of respawns from downed state upon an enemy kill – OK.
A more interesting approach or supplement would be to give the respawns a lower health at respawn and/or a 10 second “Respawn” state/buff that seriously reduces their potential power/condi damage output making them have to scramble for the hills and safety instead of instantly being able to turn the fight. At the same time increase benefit from skills/traits that revive players from downed state. Do people even use those?

Steelgoblin [GOBS]

in WvW

Entenkommando.5208

How does the yak/upgrade change work in regards to guilds having (seemingly) unlimited supply drops via guild upgrades?

A wild forum specialist appears >.<

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Noob.5908

Noob.5908

Objectives upgrades…

Still missing the POINT of WVW, it’s no automatic anything, no AI, it’s player vs player. In my previous post on How to Fix WVW, I mentioned bringing back the old style upgrade system and dropping the cost to one silver per player but hell make it free to upgrade. BUT make it so a real live breathing player has to run out there and start the upgrade. There is more to be said on this subject that your intended fix doesn’t address but I don’t care to write a report on it.

Supply cost for all catapults…

Whatever, probably not a good idea, but my biggest concern is this means the new BL isn’t going to be trashed, this is going to be a real problem for many players.

The number of players who can rally off a single kill

Really bad idea and shows your lack of experience in actually playing WVW for many hours. This one change is going to be a big kitten up just wait and see.

The response and request for feedback is greatly appreciated but unfortunately it leaves me with the impression that WVW is never going to make a come-back. WVW has brought so much fun to so many players and to see it ruined and that ANET still doesn’t get it and they don’t think through some of these changes is very disheartening.

I hope it works out I really do but I have been playing WVW type games for 15 years, heck I have over 9k hours invested in gw2 WVW. Overall tho I don’t see anything in this post that brings me back to WVW.

Oleman – SBI

How to Fix WVW
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/How-to-Fix-WVW-Part-Three/first#post5828951

(edited by Noob.5908)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Objectives upgrades…

Still missing the POINT of WVW, it’s no automatic anything, no AI, it’s player vs player. In my previous post on How to Fix WVW, I mentioned bringing back the old style upgrade system and dropping the cost to one silver per player but hell make it free to upgrade. BUT make it so a real live breathing player has to run out there and start the upgrade. There is more to be said on this subject that your intended fix doesn’t address but I don’t care to write a report on it.

Quoted for emphasis, I said the same thing and I feel the issue has not gained enough traction. Given the dolyak speed and spawn rates I don’t think it changes much.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The rally and resurrection rules are WvW specific and only apply to players.

Beyond the actual design choices, that’s a pretty interesting direction to head.

I do think because WvW is different from other game modes, that WvW only specific mechanics will help keep the game mode unique, and in terms of “balance”, more playable as well.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Huyzee.4013

Huyzee.4013

Some clarification on a bit of confusion I saw:

• When a dolyak reaches its destination it contributes to the upgrades of both the objective it is reaching and the camp it started at.

I still say 1 rally is too big of a nerf. Rally to 3 and I’m satisfied.

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

People keep reiterating their desire for “manual upgrades.” Ugh.

The “schmucks” who would go around popping all the manual upgrades people keep asking for are likely the same guys who are currently doing all the jobs on the map when no one else is around… flipping camps, sentries, shrines (usually by himself), sometimes flipping towers (also by himself if need be), killing roamers, doing the oasis event (solo if need be), and repairing all the gates that have been sitting there damaged for hours because no one else bothered.

There’s an awful lot that already needs to be done and not nearly enough people to do it… why does anyone still think we need to assign a “manual upgrade button pushing job” on top of all this? With the proposed changes, a human interaction will be required to upgrade something… the button you have to push is the one that kills the supervisor and gets the camp flipped back to your side.

With yaks being required for upgrades, both sides get a definite say in whether upgrades happen. One side says no by stealing the camps and sniping yaks, the other side says yes by flipping them back and escorting if need be. That’s not just a button to push… that’s something to fight over. Isn’t that what we want?

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

With yaks being required for upgrades, both sides get a definite say in whether upgrades happen. One side says no by stealing the camps and sniping yaks, the other side says yes by flipping them back and escorting if need be. That’s not just a button to push… that’s something to fight over. Isn’t that what we want?

Just that there are servers that have gaps for hours with noone playing. That concept is fine for primetime, but not for offtimes in lower populated servers. And sadly these days everythin below T2 is “lower populated”
The old system was fine. Just remove the costs. I also liked the tactical decisions between rushing for a paper waypoint or going for walls and gateupgrades. In general i REALLY LIKED the tactical value of the old waypointsystem.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: Noob.5908

Noob.5908

People keep reiterating their desire for “manual upgrades.” Ugh.

The “schmucks” who would go around popping all the manual upgrades people.

Many reason too many to even list them all…

1.) Getting people to defend stuff is hard enough already, giving them automatic upgrades doesn’t help the situation.

2.)Great so everything is still gonna be fully upgraded most of the time… not good for small groups unless “you love spending time on a ram”. Not talking about prime-time, the maps are empty during off prime time for a reason this being just one of them. This isn’t even considering an average Joe player wanting to cap a supply camp solo but blows it off and goes pve because its too hard for them. We need people on the map and auto upgrades doesn’t help with this.

3.)Scouts…. Now the only thing to be done on your teams 1/3 is escort yaks and stand around and scout. It’s already boring enough without reducing our scouts to glorified yak runners. Who needs people on our one third anyway….

that’s just off the top of my head…

WVW is about real live breathing thinking people working together, automatic anything is just killing the game. The map populations prove that all these HoT changes were a WVW killer and I personally feel the two main reason is automatic upgrades and guild housing upgrades. GH’s treats small guilds like they are dirt that needs to be sweep under the carpet and forgotten.

Oleman – SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Thanks for the update. Really, really…….. loooooooooooooooooooooooong over due.

Many of us wouldn’t be such raging jerks (myself included) to you and the rest of the devs if you had bothered to communicate earlier.

WvW is why my guild came to this game (from DAoC, WarHammer, Aion, etc). And ANET’s total lack of commitment or understanding about WvW is why 99.9 percent of my guild left long before HoT. HoT’s bumbling idiocy didn’t bring any of them back.

The changes you propose are a good start. But it is probably too little, too late.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Thanks for the update. Really, really…….. loooooooooooooooooooooooong over due.

Many of us wouldn’t be such raging jerks (myself included) to you and the rest of the devs if you had bothered to communicate earlier.

It’s really the minimum they can do. It should have been done a year ago. WvW needs so much more to feel adapted to 2016.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Editing to end page and start at 10. Forum bug, grrrr…….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)