WvW Tournament Rewards Distribution Delay

in WvW

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Well, ok THEN, I guess that’s just YOUR opinion. You have an AWFULLY strange WAY of EXPRESSING it. Evening the FIELD just seems FAIR to ME.

There is an old SONG by RUSH, called “The Trees”. CHECK it out SOMETIME.

Oh, and I LOVE our new method of POSTING.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’m going to voice an unpopular opinion, this is a good call. If its an issue, why should some people who are suffering from a bug be doubly affected, by not having their chest at all they’re afraid, and by seeing other people with their items they’ll be bummed out. Nobody has access to the vendor, everybody is on equal footing.

So once again, Good Call Anet.

Yep instead of angering a subset of players anger all players.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

they cannot fix this, guys
just forget these weapon skins and move on

they don’t even know what to do
how do you recover the lost trust? Anet.

(edited by Ronnie Hu.1694)

in WvW

morrolan.9608

they cannot fix this, guys
just forget these weapon skins and move on

they don’t even know what to do

Then give all players 500 claim tickets.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Feandro.5264

Feandro.5264

We waited 4 months already, why is it that big of a deal to wait slightly longer?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

We waited 4 months already, why is it that big of a deal to wait slightly longer?

The fact that they haven’t figured this out in 4 months is why its an issue. Its seriously unprofessional.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Trystia.8206

Trystia.8206

As long as you can’t spend the rewards, it remains very easy to tell whether you’ve received them or not. The Mistforged weapons are not the only rewards, so if people start buying ascended accessories and/or other such items, it will be much more difficult for Anet to tell who got their rewards and who didn’t.

Yes, it is a serious problem that Anet waited so very long to address this problem, and that they still haven’t addressed this same problem from Season One, but that’s no reason for people to whine like spoiled little children rather than at least attempt to understand the reason Anet has chosen to postpone rewards for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: AznD.3815

AznD.3815

If this was the tPvP tournament, there wouldn’t be issues. WvW always a lower priority than sPvP/tPvP and PvE.

Any wagers on how many more complaints than praises for how Season 2 went?

in WvW

Posted by: Croozer.2179

Croozer.2179

Thank you for the update, will be patiently awaiting reward chest to be issued. And then you for making such a great game.

in WvW

Posted by: sillypants.5021

sillypants.5021

Wow, you people seriously need to chill out. It’s impossible to avoid bugs when you are introducing new content and patches regularly. That’s just reality. You people who are telling Anet to do some testing are idiots. Do you really think when they get their first clean compile they just say, “Sweet, all done, let’s go live with it”?

If the shoe fits.

You clearly haven’t done any software development if you think the presence of bugs means it’s untested. Generally, because you need to balance confidence with time constraints, you do tests under several (but not all) different conditions and make sure it generates the results you intended and you move on to other things. Or maybe you even do all the different conditions you can do on your own systems, but then when it rolls out there’s some goofy variable that breaks it on some remote clients.

in WvW

Posted by: savchris.9246

savchris.9246

While the World vs. World team investigates an issue with tournament reward chest distribution, we are temporarily delaying access to the rewards that would have otherwise been available on the Battle Historian on June 3rd. We hope this will help prevent further compounding the issue, and avoiding unnecessary confusion while we work to resolve the problem. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for the post and I’m really sorry for the the idiotic/hate comments.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Serious questions for ANet:

How is your game studio going to compensate the WvW players for your lack of efforts?

How come a 2 weeks PvE living story reward chest is delivered instantly, but a 7-9 weeks WvW reward gets bugged and might never be delivered?

What did WvW players ever do to deserve such low standards in your game company?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

morrolan.9608

You clearly haven’t done any software development if you think the presence of bugs means it’s untested.

Issues with tournament rewards have existed since S1, anet knows they exist, they haven’t been fixed yet still went ahead with S2 and its rewards without finding and fixing the issues, seeming expecting everything to miraculously be hunky dory. That is unprofessional.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Ahlec.8423

Ahlec.8423

Wow okay, so all of the comments that I bothered reading are really negative, or were telling the developers how to do their own job. Even though I do WvW a lot, I’m okay with having a day or two (or even a week) between the end of the season and the rewards. Take your time and know that we’re not (all) angry with you. Bugs happen in every single piece of code, and it shouldn’t be something that you get horribly lambasted for when they do.

Good luck!

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

How come a 2 weeks PvE living story reward chest is delivered instantly, but a 7-9 weeks WvW reward gets bugged and might never be delivered?

Because the WvW system is far more complex than PvE?
In PvE every single player that completes the meta gets the exact same reward.
In WvW the rewards is based on placements and so on.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

oh man you can’t make this stuff up huh?

rich

follow me on IG @yung_anime

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

For the people who haven’t gotten their chest and tickets, this is somewhat good news, at least they won’t be the only ones who are miserable. But to the ones who already have their tickets, this sucks really bad.

I can only think of two outcomes from this, either a rollback and take away tickets and rewards from everyone and reissue them again correctly. Or everyone gets the same reward, probably 1st place to make it “fair”.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

While the World vs. World team investigates an issue with tournament reward chest distribution, we are temporarily delaying access to the rewards that would have otherwise been available on the Battle Historian on June 3rd. We hope this will help prevent further compounding the issue, and avoiding unnecessary confusion while we work to resolve the problem. Thank you for your patience.

Wow seriously?

anet is really ridiculous seriously disappointed

in WvW

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Fair… bahwaha wha wa wha!

Yeah, WvW and Fair should NEVER be used int he same sentence. I think its a punishable crime in some countries.

in WvW

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

seriously we’ve been doing this boring tournaments for 9 weeks and that extra 2 weeks that we didnt wanted + kittenty reward and now its bugged + delayed not even funny. they better compensate +with the tickets or something they cant just say oops we made a mistake sorry wait more trolololol!

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

What! So nothing for me today?

Awesome Anet, did the brainstorming session go like this:-

Anet (guy/girl 1) : "We got a problem, the WvW rewards are bugged again. 10% of player involved in the WvW tournament didn’t get there tickets!

Anet (guy/girl 2) : “Kitten, kitten, kitten. Any quick easy fix?”

Anet (guy/girl 1) : “Nope, had same problem season 1, could never find a solution”

Anet (boss guy/girl 3) : “Okay, stop everyone getting there rewards till we find a solution…”

Anet (guy/girl 1) : “But, but boss won’t that kitten a 100% of the players off? Instead of just 10%”

Anet (boss guy/girl 3) : “Yeah! Good is it not!”

Anet (guy/girl 1) : “Awesome boss, high 5”

Anet (guy/girl 2) : “High 5, so does this mean we can goof off work”

Anet (boss guy/girl 3) : “Sure, lets go for a drink…”

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I’ve been waiting for that Vendor… :/
Okay fairity by holding back these items here? Say it to the face of a Ranger…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in WvW

Posted by: sillypants.5021

sillypants.5021

Wow okay, so all of the comments that I bothered reading are really negative, or were telling the developers how to do their own job.

That is because the people who are commenting in this thread are generally those who didn’t get their rewards, as those that did don’t have much a reason to be here.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Wow okay, so all of the comments that I bothered reading are really negative, or were telling the developers how to do their own job. Even though I do WvW a lot, I’m okay with having a day or two (or even a week)

Given that they haven’t even fixed S1 rewards you might be too hopeful.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

the sense of entitlement in this thread is pretty effing astounding. you are not going to lose your house or life by having to wait a few days for your WvW rewards, chill out people.

It makes it feel like anything that actually rewards the playerbase is left on a backburner while all the stuff that bleeds the playbase’s wallets dry is pushed to the front and waved around.

They had 9 weeks to resolve this and so had time to get better systems in place and your right about what takes priority. To try and turn it into an ‘entitlement’ argument is pretty lame.

If you want something from the gemstore is it ok to take first and say you’ll pay later? Of course not, ANet have expectations of us, just as we have expectations of them. They said end of season, end of season is here and were still waiting.

in WvW

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

Well considering all the problems that have been encountered getting the proper chests out to people, I don’t really see a problem with delaying the rewards. Might as well fix the issues & be fair to all players. After all, the rewards will still be there.

TL;DR: Kitten happens, nothing is perfect.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki Chuki.2457

Yuki Chuki.2457

For the people who haven’t gotten their chest and tickets, this is somewhat good news, at least they won’t be the only ones who are miserable. But to the ones who already have their tickets, this sucks really bad.

I can only think of two outcomes from this, either a rollback and take away tickets and rewards from everyone and reissue them again correctly. Or everyone gets the same reward, probably 1st place to make it “fair”.

Although I’d get first place anyway, I’d be okay with everyone getting first place rewards. It isn’t like it would hurt me in any way and I’m sure people in lower places fought equally as hard if not even harder but were just unlucky to not have as many people and organized guilds on their servers.

Thanks for the post and I’m really sorry for the the idiotic/hate comments.

Wholeheartedly agree! I’m glad we get regular updates and they at least seem to be really working on the issue (of course I was bummed out to that there were problems with rewards again).
I really don’t get how some people can’t understand that the delay isn’t a punishment but just there to not further complicate the issue and to make a proper fix more feasible.

(edited by Yuki Chuki.2457)

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Gee, so sorry you have to wait a whole same amount of time as everyone else.

in WvW

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Wow seriously?

I think you are very close to the truth here..

W.O.W. might receive an exodus of GW2 player coming their way LOL

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

in WvW

Posted by: Frank.7452

Frank.7452

Hey,

After seeing all of the negativity in this thread, I want to thank the developers for informing us about a delay in advance. You could have not said anything until the day of the expected patch, but you didn’t. We appreciate the heads up.

I also want to thank you for setting up this tournament and set of rewards as a free content update for WvW players. We appreciate the attention.

You’re doing a great job, most everyone playing the game feels this way, and we don’t take the time to post about it on forums because we think it’s a given that you know this.

Also, thank you for accommodating the players who feel a need to vent and express their sense of entitlement by providing a forum. You’re all angels.

in WvW

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

LOL I’m positive you had half the game mad at Anet for not getting rewards, now the other half who actually got their rewards (and in some cases the incorrect reward) gets their turn to show thier frustration.

Keeping positive ofc.

Got the chest on 1st account.
Didnt get the chest on 2nd account.

How am i to proceed? Which half do i belong to! ;P

Anyway im still not certain which skin to get, so tokens would sit in my inventory anyway so

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

in WvW

Posted by: Logicx.5832

Logicx.5832

Imo they made a good call.
I know there’s a lot of PvE’rs kittening over this and since a lot of them were just in it for AP and skins, I couldn’t care less. You only had to farm EotM to get 10/10 meta and then you could just stroll back to PvE-land, so Imo you barely deserve a reward from a WvW tournament.

Anyways, it seems the most fair solution at this moment. Everybody gets access to “new content” at the same time, makes sense if you ask me. If you’re kitten, you’re a selfish, impatient kitten.

Deal. With. It.

Zwartwerk – Human Mesmer
Gandara [EU] – Old & returning player

in WvW

Posted by: Ailinen Greenleaf.8562

Ailinen Greenleaf.8562

Hope we will have soon the rewards

in WvW

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

So 100% of players must suffer because a minority didn’t get their chests? What kind of flawed logic is that?

I’m so very disappointed i can even describe it.

in WvW

Posted by: madlily.4830

madlily.4830

Thanks for the updated guys.

in WvW

Posted by: Tasty Sandbar.8367

Tasty Sandbar.8367

I know there’s a lot of PvE’rs kittening over this and since a lot of them were just in it for AP and skins, I couldn’t care less. You only had to farm EotM to get 10/10 meta and then you could just stroll back to PvE-land, so Imo you barely deserve a reward from a WvW tournament.

Anyways, it seems the most fair solution at this moment. Everybody gets access to “new content” at the same time, makes sense if you ask me. If you’re kitten, you’re a selfish, impatient kitten.

Deal. With. It.

Typical WvW Elitist attitude

in WvW

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

This should all have been tested and the reward npc’s in place before the end of the season. Instead the lack of care and attention to wvw shines through once again, and yet again we’re handed the short end of the stick.

Going by our own development, it was tested and it was scheduled to be implemented.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki Chuki.2457

Yuki Chuki.2457

So 100% of players must suffer because a minority didn’t get their chests? What kind of flawed logic is that?

I’m so very disappointed i can even describe it.

Geez, so many posts like yours. Can’t people read or don’t they just want to?! It’s to not further compound the issue, not to punish anyone. E.g. they might roll back the rewards (render all the tickets already issued useless/delete them) and give everyone a new chest and that would not be possible if some people already spent their tickets. It’s already complicated enough because some people got the wrong rewards as is!

Further, if you realy suffer because you have to wait for a digital reward (that’s only cosmetic on top) for a few more days or maybe a week or two, I feel bad for you…

in WvW

Posted by: Logicx.5832

Logicx.5832

Deal. With. It.

Typical WvW Elitist attitude

Elitist? No.
It’s just reality. I do not blame EVERY PvEr, some show decent interest, but I think we can say that a huge amount of PvErs are just in it for AP and the rewards. This doesn’t always have a positive effect since a lot of them are just rallybots and WvW “virgins” , though I admit there are those who really DO contribute. Untill the meta is over.

Also on reset day there were huge queues (on my server) just so numbskulled PvErs could get in the map and ask “Where’s the vendor pls?” and to find out that there wasn’t one yet. This way REAL WvWers couldn’t get in…

Call me an elitist all you want but it’s not as if PvErs care about how they affect WvW…

Zwartwerk – Human Mesmer
Gandara [EU] – Old & returning player

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I think people are missing the point, they arent holding back the npc just to make sure everyone suffers.
They are holding back the event because they are worried that if they push out the update now the issue’s will only get worst and harder to fix.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Wait hang on a second! Are you telling me that some people still have not received the correct WvW reward from season 1?!!!!!

If so, whats going on???

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

ncsoft is the ea of korea, kappa

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Gnaver.8290

Gnaver.8290

Enjoy the mistforged weapons screenshots on dulfy because you won’t see them in your hands any time soon.. Seriously this is getting pathetic. 9 weeks of hard work for getting first place in league to obtain tickets which I can only look at… But hey atleast stupid festival is ok, why making wvw things working when they screwing it from the start…

in WvW

Posted by: Jekyll.9286

Jekyll.9286

the sense of entitlement in this thread is pretty effing astounding. you are not going to lose your house or life by having to wait a few days for your WvW rewards, chill out people.

It makes it feel like anything that actually rewards the playerbase is left on a backburner while all the stuff that bleeds the playbase’s wallets dry is pushed to the front and waved around.

They had 9 weeks to resolve this and so had time to get better systems in place and your right about what takes priority. To try and turn it into an ‘entitlement’ argument is pretty lame.

If you want something from the gemstore is it ok to take first and say you’ll pay later? Of course not, ANet have expectations of us, just as we have expectations of them. They said end of season, end of season is here and were still waiting.

I’m eagerly awaiting the new gemstore release today, while continuing to wait for the stuff I actually worked for. It’s an understandable decision on ArenaNet’s part, but I wonder if this couldn’t have been prevented. The Spring Tournament lasted so long that surely they must have actually thought about this beforehand.

in WvW

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

This is an unexpected move but honestly I’m glad they chose to delay because usually when a bug like this happens, ONLY the people affected by it care about it and in fact those who did not get affected by the bug tend to place the blame on those affected by the bug, with the logic of “well it didn’t happen to me, so it’s not Anet’s fault, you did something wrong, maybe you should buy a new computer? These things never happen to me”

Since it affects EVERYONE now, everyone cares that the bug is handled asap and enough people are pressuring anet about it to know yeah, Anet made a bug and are having to work at fixing it, no, it’s not a player’s mistake that caused it.

This in contrast to season 1, where supposedly there are still people who haven’t been rewarded, and people tend to place blame on the players, claiming that “it must be because you transferred worlds, it didn’t happen to me” even if the person did not transfer.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Ah, come off it you whiners…

Just because you don’t get your reward by today, it’s ok to let all hell loose and flame Anet over it? In a short while, Anet will fix the reward chests for those who didn’t get them yet, and then we’ll have the Battle Historians available so everyone can get their S2 rewards.

But, kitten , chill out… It’s not the end of the world just because you didn’t get to buy your reward today. Once you get your rewards, this will be just a memory we don’t give a kitten about. At least, you shouldn’t because I feel pity for you if you get hung up on such minor details…

Yes, it’s poorly done by Anet to not discover this bug before and also that it should be so difficult to fix, but they’re working on it and they’ve given an update on why things are now delayed.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in WvW

Posted by: frederion.5082

frederion.5082

For the next championship avoid making gold leagues, silver, bronze because it does not reflect all levels reward serveurs.Il would be preferable to 3 awards gold medal rated 1-2-3, silver 4 5.6 and bronze, 7,8,9. because you already know the server not played the game before the championship.

in WvW

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

What! So nothing for me today?

Awesome Anet, did the brainstorming session go like this:-

Anet (guy/girl 1) : "We got a problem, the WvW rewards are bugged again. 10% of player involved in the WvW tournament didn’t get there tickets!

Anet (guy/girl 2) : “Kitten, kitten, kitten. Any quick easy fix?”

Anet (guy/girl 1) : “Nope, had same problem season 1, could never find a solution”

Anet (boss guy/girl 3) : “Okay, stop everyone getting there rewards till we find a solution…”

Anet (guy/girl 1) : “But, but boss won’t that kitten a 100% of the players off? Instead of just 10%”

Anet (boss guy/girl 3) : “Yeah! Good is it not!”

Anet (guy/girl 1) : “Awesome boss, high 5”

Anet (guy/girl 2) : “High 5, so does this mean we can goof off work”

Anet (boss guy/girl 3) : “Sure, lets go for a drink…”

I feel sorry for you if that’s what you actually think is happening

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Ah, come off it you whiners…

Just because you don’t get your reward by today, it’s ok to let all hell loose and flame Anet over it? In a short while, Anet will fix the reward chests for those who didn’t get them yet, and then we’ll have the Battle Historians available so everyone can get their S2 rewards.

Yes, it’s poorly done by Anet to not discover this bug before and also that it should be so difficult to fix, but they’re working on it and they’ve given an update on why things are now delayed.

Did you read all of this topic, if so you would have seen the several posts that state that some people still have NOT received the REWARDS from season 1 WvW which took place months ago, it was even high lighted on the forums that when Season 2 was announced people asked Anet to fix the rewards for season 1 first, but they where ignored as usual, and they went ahead anyway, 9 weeks later its the same problem so its very likely that those who did not get the rewards this time, will likely not get them, given the way it was sorted in the past,

If this doesn’t show that things are not tested, and there is no real WvW team it says it all, I want to see that Dev from the twitch feed the other night post in here about her rewards now!!!!

So far we have people who didn’t get the chest, some who got the wrong chest, some who got the chest before the season ended, HOW can that happen, if it was tested?? and there already talking about Season 3 LOL.