Opening 1000 regular Dragon Coffers [Merged]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

So far someone has been recording drops from rich dragon coffers solely. So far the tally is 265 opened..not one skin.

Let the buyer beware. If i am not mistaken, (and I know I am not.) In static’s when defining numbers, anything under 1% is expressed as highly improbable. Under 5% is expressed as highly unlikely. 10% or under is expressed as rare. I can speak only for the fair trading act in My country(New-Zealand) but under our laws, this would be deemed misleading advertising and would be required by law to be changed to better represent what it is your selling. In short, in some countries cultures this is deemed as misrepresented trading. However, I haven’t purchased any rich dragon coffers, and based off the fellow gamers feed back on this forum, I won’t be.

Highly improbable is not the same as rare. If you want to make these items that exclusive, then the buyer does have a lawful and reasonable right that the product they are purchasing is fairly and reasonably advertised. It seems all the players want is transparency in this game. That drops rates are fairly described; updates have all of the update disclosed and not have hidden nerf’s to thieves shadow stepping. That priority lists are occasionally published about what game mechanics are currently being reviewed. I am beginning to feel like I am in a relationship where I have invested time and resources and my partner is constantly withholding information from me and at times, and hoping I don’t notice or find out certain aspects about them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Does ArenaNet have a gambling license to sell these boxes anyway?

You don’t need one for virtual items, as you don’t even own your account.

Hopefully this loophole of law will be fixed sometime soon. Item Mall games really need some sort of regulation.

Perhaps that is why the items aren’t tradeable; If you could sell them then you could convert the gold gained back into gems, which many well contravene a few gambling laws worldwide.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I had received enough minis to make it a break even on the number of chests I opened vs. what I could have sold them for, but now that the mini price is so low, I just sell them. I’d have needed two tickets to get pistols for my thief and it just isn’t worth bothering with anymore.

The silver lining is that RNG-box-only skins saved me money since I didn’t buy any.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Dragon coffer after 36,209 opened.
0.03% chance of skin drop.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

In the interests of science and the wish to get a ticket ^^ these are my results.

1801 regular chests opened to get:
5 cold potions
3 charged potions
6 warm potions
5 hard potions
305 fireworks (soulbound so I can’t even give them to an alt)
15 dragon fish candies
27 koi cakes
33 slices of candied dragon rolls
31 dragonfly cupcakes
21 Kralkachoclate bars
23 dragons breath buns
19 mini Risen Knights
3433 Zhaitaffy

And TADA

NO TICKETS

Lol.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shieero.9187

Shieero.9187

Opened over 2500 Dragon coffers, 4 tickets, 19 minis, 1 pair of wings.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

1 coffer currently costs 2.65s in the trading post

—> 1000 coffers = 22g 52s 50c

how much costs a T3-cultural helmet? 20g? I really don’t see a problem here. Bringing your gold to the vendor or the trading post… not much of a difference.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Berobad.4536

Berobad.4536

>5000 coffer, 0 tickets

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

1000 regular ones. 1 ticket, 10 minis. I think this system is ok as long as we’re talking about RNG stuff, but for real, in my mind, these kinds of weapons should be rewarded for some challenging, interesting task, like it used to be in GW1, not for pure dumb luck.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

every player would have multiple tickets by the time this event is over. Therefore, the skins would not be rare OR special AT ALL.

A mint condition 1959 Gibson Les Paul is a rare and special thing. Only a limited number of them exist and, barring the invention of a working time machine, there will never be any more made. A blob of pixels on a computer screen in a video game is neither rare nor special. Their number is limited only by the dev-ine generosity or dev-ilish stinginess of game developers.

I like the looks of these jade weapon skins and I’d like to have one for at least one of my characters. I don’t care who else has them. I don’t care if every player in the game has a thousand of them. I just want ONE.

I think every one playing this game (or any other) should be able to have whatever weapon or armor skins they want without having to jump through a hundred billion flaming hula hoops while wearing a gasoline-soaked tutu and singing ‘I Got You, Babe’ in tlhIngan Hol (author’s note: hyperbole) or double click a couple zillion (author’s note: see previous author’s note) RNG boxes to (maybe, if the fhtagn stars are right) get them.

Furthermore! I will remember these RNG boxes and the dev-ine generosity or dev-ilish stinginess that produced them the next time a new NCSoft and/or ArenaNet game is released. Well. I’ll remember Paragon City the next time a new non-ArenaNet NCSoft game is released. Isn’t that special.

The table is a fable.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Critwrench.8432

Critwrench.8432

Opened 100 regular coffers, got 3 minis and 1 ticket.

A shallow ocean only contains as much water as a particularly deep bucket.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

For all the people who say, they should be rare in order to be special. I don’t care if its rare or not. If I am trying for a particular look for one of my toons, I don’t care if you have that same look. I want to be able to look at my character and be satisfied with her appearance. As for RNG from the gem store, if I put down actual money then I want to actually buy it, not a chance for it. I haven’t bought the RNG boxes from the gem store with either real money or game money since the first time they came out and I lost the loot roll multiple times. I don’t consider it fun to buy something, unwrap it, and find junk inside.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jns.1059

Jns.1059

1000 regular ones. 1 ticket, 10 minis. I think this system is ok as long as we’re talking about RNG stuff, but for real, in my mind, these kinds of weapons should be rewarded for some challenging, interesting task, like it used to be in GW1, not for pure dumb luck.

I agree. Over 1337 regular ones. 1 ticket, >15 minis.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

… They won’t even have some sort “consolation prize” token that always drop and you can exchange if you have enough of them.

This is a pretty good idea – you know that, bottom line, x number of coffers will get you a ticket. I know, that could be grind, but it at least is acheivable.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sarseth.7689

Sarseth.7689

Rise drop by 1% at least, cause there is like 0.001%.. 1% would be great, not so easly, some ppl woudl’n drop for over 100, maybe even 200, but c’mon. And those kitten chests for gem, deserve at least fokin 10% at least! To ba fair to your players! But not now, now it will be so unfair, many ppl spent so much gold for it and didnt even recived. Next event, anet, ncosft, think about it. Ppl will stop buyin random things on gem store.. I know, I’m done with random kitten from u. Just gold for gems, or skins etc.. So to sum it up, almost no more money for u from me No till it will be fair.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

My stats:
I opened about 600 and got one ticket.

After I got my ticket I’ve been giving all of my regular coffers to my husband, and our guild has donated some too.

He’s at ~3100 regular coffers opened. nearly 30 holo dragon knights, enough taffy to kill Abbadon, potions and food. and Not.One.Single.Weapon.Ticket.

We will be continuing to battle the evil RNG Dragon tomorrow. Wish us luck.

And he opened another 500 this morning. No ticket. He’s disgusted with this and has downloaded RIFT.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

My stats:
I opened about 600 and got one ticket.

After I got my ticket I’ve been giving all of my regular coffers to my husband, and our guild has donated some too.

He’s at ~3100 regular coffers opened. nearly 30 holo dragon knights, enough taffy to kill Abbadon, potions and food. and Not.One.Single.Weapon.Ticket.

We will be continuing to battle the evil RNG Dragon tomorrow. Wish us luck.

And he opened another 500 this morning. No ticket. He’s disgusted with this and has downloaded RIFT.

Oh god don’t go to rift…

I’ve been beta testing the new FF reborn and it’s waaaaay better. I might be going there on full release, I was quite impressed, especially given my reservations about the last pile of kitten they released. I think it may be pay to play though At least rift will be free.

Running out of things to do in GW2, but it’ll be there for the casual player, and for when I need my fix hah. I’m over the rng aspect of skins, which are the only reason I (personally) play.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Dragon Bash

Marcus Greythorne.6843

30 holo-knights means 7g20s
7g20s = about 250 coffers

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheBigfootNZ.4605

TheBigfootNZ.4605

My ticket count now stands at 3, as I got another one last night from another 400ish I either farmed or bought.

So, so far for me thats 3 tickets from 1500(ish)… I also tend to get at least 2 minis from each stack I open, I was up to 13 in total since this started, dumped all but one in the forge (got 2 mini shades in a row and a mini snow troll).. so at least I have something to do with the minis now.

On a side note, ive had only 3 wooden chest drops in 2 days… brother yesterday with no MF gear was getting a wooden chest very regularly, for around 10+ yellows in total after a couple of hours. Problem is he got only 1 ecto out of all of em (hes yet to get a ticket also and they’ve opened at least 900+)… so i dont know seems the RNG likes certain people for certain things or its all just subjective.

I could say im happy now (I was aiming for 3 tickets), but the event and these coffers are still very ill conceived,

We both got holowings, which was after at least a few thousand npc kills for both of us.

Vardkona – 80 Guard, Mew Nickleheart – 80 Eng
Howling Jimmy – 80 Necro, The Six Demon Bag – 54 Ele
Hedge of Steel – 41 War, Yikky Soupskin – 11 Thief

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I had to open ~1700 to get 3 tickets, which is how many I wanted. I’ll be selling the rest of my coffers to the rest of you, good luck everyone!

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hexternical.6804

Hexternical.6804

I opened 500 regular coffers and got 4 risen knights and other crap.. -15g….. Opened 30 Rich Coffers and got a few risen knights, but no tickets.. Sorry ANET, but this is complete and utter bullsh!t. Also bought 20 of the previous chests last month in hopes to get a ticket for one of the eye skins. That’s 50 bucks with jack diddly squat. This is unacceptable.

(edited by Hexternical.6804)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Unknownhero.6745

Unknownhero.6745

I didnt come here to rage, or cry about how badly my luck sucks, or how much money I wasted. I still havent seen one ticket, and was beginning to think I did something to severely offend the Six Gods. Its good to see I’m not alone. :P

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

they are not worth it… play this game for reasons which gives you fun, ignore all NCsoft’s thievery practice

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Yeah, I really love the jade weapon skins. Like, all of them. But since I probably won’t even get one ticket, I’m seriously considering just giving up on my pretty pixels (because let’s be honest, that’s all they are) and just selling the containers because I’m sure I’ll need the money in the future for armor or whatever. Seriously disappointed. I like the suggestion of making the tickets a reward for doing some sort of hard event chain. Oh well. Now I’m mostly just depressed that no one else seems to be actually playing the game, everyone is out farming or something. Bleh.

Tarnished Coast

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Metion.9541

Metion.9541

~1500 coffers: 11 Minis and no ticket … :’(

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

At this rate we should be able to kill every mob, every dragon and every source of evil for the next 100 years via diabetes by the end of the month. So much worthless candy.

(Yes I know you can turn candy into candy into wings, but by the time you get that much candy , you’re likely to have had wings drop already)

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Day 6 of the Dragon Bash ‘festival’: still no ticket, still no jade weapon skin.

Why must these FESTIVE things be so god kitten ed rare? Whom does it serve? Who benefits?

Not the players. That much is certain.

You make me sad, ArenaNet.

The table is a fable.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

Well short of 1000 coffers opened…4 minis and a ticket. I’d like to know how you people know the exact number you opened…obsess much :P

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Unknownhero.6745

Unknownhero.6745

Ok forget all my previous posts about me being patient. Im hopping on the rage train too! I was ok spending crazy amounts of money, and countless hours of farming coffers. I was ok with losing count at over 3000 and nothing to show for it. It was all the kitten players in my guild, and all the kitten people on my friends list that keep getting tickets without out even trying. Opening kitten 50 coffers and getting 2 kitten tickets, or the kitten players with 5 tickets that will never kitten get used that really kitten drove me over the deep end. I was really ready to delete all my kitten friends, leave my kitten guild , and uninstall the kitten game. RNG kiss my kitten!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Yep my friend opened 6 regular Coffers and got 2 tickets RNG ftw…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Elurya.7092

Elurya.7092

My husband had the same issue—though I got one, which is account bound, so I can’t even give it to him, we each opened 50 of them and he got burned pretty bad, he didn’t even get a pet out of them, I at least got a weapon skin and a couple of knight pets.

I have to say, 4000 gems for some candy is a bit weak. Something like that should be guaranteed if you’re spending 25$ for 25 chests—this is real world money we’re spending. This will be the last time my husband or I spend any money in game, honestly this is ridiculous.

Also, it’s pretty lame that you guys hot fixed the hologram things as soon as it seemed like those were being farmed, but yeah, you’ll get to the sPvP achievements not counting towards the meta sometime early next week. It’s lame. And can we do something, ANYTHING, about the botting?

Oh, and we’ve both opened plenty of the lesser chests (probably a thousand or so between the two of us), I’ve gotten one pet, my husband got a pet or two; we got a bunch of candies, the occasional food, and fireworks—the lamest item because you can’t even sell them. No wings, no tickets. My husband DID get a wing skin from a regular chest (the little wooden ones that always have yellows and are not holiday). Why would that drop from a regular chest, but complete and utter crud drops out of the holiday ones? It’s almost insulting.

(edited by Elurya.7092)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GenociduL.2740

GenociduL.2740

<750 opened 2 tickets until now and from normal drop 4 wings

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: negerleif.2106

negerleif.2106

Try just to farm the normal dragon coffer, they drop quite often or just buy them off tp which is cheaper than the rich version one. EVERY mobs drop them.

I got like ~53 crates in one hour farming and got 2 tickets from it.

I farmed them since the first day and i opened well over 1000 coffers…. NOTHING! SEVERAL HOURS WASTED!

“this game is not about farming or grinding” yeah right! i call fat BS on that one!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

I’ve opened well over 2k coffers and no ticket. Just some redundant food items, some potions that were already in the game and a handful of 1 type of mini.

it’s infuriating and completely bogus. i’m giving up; this crap is not fun.

HoD

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vired swordhammer.9134

Vired swordhammer.9134

opened 2000 regular dragon coffers no tickets but have enough candy to fill a Olympic swimming pool but from what I am seeing I’m glad I did not spend cash to buy the rich coffers it seems like the same drop rate for tickets on both coffers

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Yea it gets like that when you’r used to get everything you want.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

to be honest, no one cares if another player looks the same as you….

maybe not you or other people but i do, i don’t like it at all. thank goodness for dye’s. also, how much is a “ton”? ~ also your thread’s title should have an extra o on the first to and i’m not sure if you know though having magic find is great, especially if want a certain drops to come out.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

just hit the 3000 mark no ticket XD I wonder if I can hit the record, I think it was 9K?

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: tiobane.4372

tiobane.4372

~1200 normal boxes:
27 Knights (yay -.-)
1 ticket
~180 Fireworks… what to do with those? :/

Lady Mara Elaine (Mesmer)
Defender of Kodash

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Its not the rarity that is an issue, is the randomness which causes massive unfairness of distribution that is the real issue. I consider myself relatively lucky that 250 farmed coffers and 750 purchased ones (normal ones from the TP, Im not a moron!) have got me the one ticket I was hoping for. Im probably right in the middle of the curve though, its the people at the poor extreme I feel for. Incomprehensible game design.

in Dragon Bash

Marcus Greythorne.6843

the only problem I have with this system is spending real money on rich coffers and not have a guaranteed ticket. Imho rich coffers should cost 800 gems and have 1 guaranteed ticket.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

kRiza krimos

It has nothing to do with greed. RNG is just a terrible system as it creates an unfair playing field due to being completely based on random chance. If skins could be acquired through skill, say by winning tickets through the playing and winning of Dragon Ball matches or being a top 3 player x many times, it would be far more satisfying as you have stuff to look forward to that is achieveable if you put in a bit of effort and acquire skill.

RNG causes some people to get 3 weapon tickets after having acquired 25 boxes and others to have none after 500+ opened chests.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

kRiza krimos

It has nothing to do with greed. RNG is just a terrible system as it creates an unfair playing field due to being completely based on random chance. If skins could be acquired through skill, say by winning tickets through the playing and winning of Dragon Ball matches or being a top 3 player x many times, it would be far more satisfying as you have stuff to look forward to that is achieveable if you put in a bit of effort and acquire skill.

RNG causes some people to get 3 weapon tickets after having acquired 25 boxes and others to have none after 500+ opened chests.

Because RNG is the only thing that balances out people with tons of time to play and people that get almost no time to play. Thanks to RNG – both have equal chances – take note of the word “chances” – to get the item.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Miazara.8164

Miazara.8164

Got my 2 tickets from Rich Dragon Coffers, 17th chest first one and a few days later on the 5th chest for the second ticket. Opened over 300 regular coffers I think, nothing but 5 potions or so, rest was candy and fireworks.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

If you can farm tokens for skins, like in dungeons, it would be much more rewarding. You know you worked for it. It’s much more fun than get a lucky drop. Playing GW2 feels like making no progress at all at a certain point. You can’t farm for something, you just need luck. That’s why people farm gold, not the stuff they want. Just to buy the stuff they want. That’s not fun.

Because RNG is the only thing that balances out people with tons of time to play and people that get almost no time to play. Thanks to RNG – both have equal chances – take note of the word “chances” – to get the item.

Why do you need to balance aesthetics? Do you need to balance achievement points too? I’d understand if it’s about equipment points, but it’s just skins. By this logic, they should remove the dungeon tokens and laurel merchants.

(edited by Jaga.2084)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Maddie.5864

Maddie.5864

I think I got really lucky when I read all of you guys. I opened around 500 coffers and got 1 ticket, 2 potions, around 100 fireworks, 4 Mini’s and tonnes of candy.

PS: I still can’t decide which weapon should I get :<

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Enmity.3428

Enmity.3428

I bought 150 Dragon Coffers off of the B.L.T.P. for the off-chance of getting a ticket as I quite liked the Dragon Shield skin.

I got one ticket and two Holographic Risen Knights. (The rest was various amounts of fireworks and candies.)

Gambling with R.N.G. is cruelly unfair and I sympathise with those who have lost out to it. Players should be able to reasonably get any item they want for their character.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I learned pretty early on in GW1 that all this RNG stuff is not worth the effort and money. In GW1 there was the seasonal Mini Polarbear, which had like a 0,0000001% chance of dropping. So people would grind the seasonal dungeon endlessly, with no results for the majority of the players.

As soon as I saw the Blacklion Chests, I smelled gambling and lack of fun right away, and steered clear of it. I must have like a pile of hundreds of those stupid chests in my bank vault right now. Through sheer luck I had a blacklion key drop for me recently (which normally never happens). I opened one of my many chests… and it was filled with trash. Once more confirming my stance.

My advise: Just don’t fall for it. Ignore the weapon tickets, and just sell the dragon coffers.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

Still no tickets, but I got one pair of hologram wings from a regular dragon coffer chest and another from killing a moa in WvW (most random drop I’ve ever had). Unfortunately I got the wings so late that they will only sell for 10 g as opposed to 80 g like they were originally. Honestly, I would recommend selling the coffers. It garuntees some money, and even if you should get as lucky as I did, you are not likely going to break even had you simply sold them.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: negerleif.2106

negerleif.2106

okey. first of all kRiza krimos.1637 i am not used to getting anything in game or in life.
so stop acting like a 10 year old spoiled crybaby.
And Klonex.4562 oh no! Im so so so so so sorry that english isnt my first language and that i missed an “O” in “Too” and this thread is not about making fun of me either and ive opened over a 1000 coffers since you wanted to know. and i run with 101% MF when im farming. thats without any buffs. go bother someone else please

(edited by negerleif.2106)