[Merged] Fractal level reset is equity wiped. Discuss.

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So if I take 100€ from you and give 50€ in return you would be like “Hey thanks dude for the extra cash”? Do you even have any point or just arguing pointless semantics?

Scale 80 can be easily reached. They could have easily prevented it. They did nothing for a year. So don’t try to tell me how you were never supposed to reach it.

So, what do you see as a fair compensation then? With the example you give here it would simply be: Lose lvl 80 but regain access to lvl 40 more or less.

Hm? I am rather sure that it required some kind of “foul-play” in order to get past the 1-hit kill Agony at lvl 51, but maybe they changed that? If not I would say it was quite clear that you were not supposed to go higher than that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Reseting scale doesn’t seem that bad when isolated to affect only a single person. But when you look at the bigger picture there are lots of people who lose nothing or only a little. And that’s not very fair for the people who lose a lot.

You can party with people to do odd levels like some people did only even levels to always get Maw chest. Perfectly valid mechanic.

Scale 80 can be easily reached. They could have easily prevented it. They did nothing for a year. So don’t try to tell me how you were never supposed to reach it.

You said this yourself some pages ago.

Grind to 50, figure out a hole in their system because they just can’t edit one line of code properly, grind to 80

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Fractal-level-reset-is-equity-wiped-Discuss/3246384

This time they have told us that 50 is the cap. And I’m quite sure 50 is now the hard cap (can’t even enter 51).

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Fractured

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

They changed karma acquisition. They changed fractals.

Fractals were permanent content and are permanent content. Progression gets reset, not content.

The current fractals were permanent content – they’re removing all 30+ tomorrow. And the rewards people are asking for are all about soon-to-be removed content.

It has nothing to do with fractals because it is the perfect example how anet should handle it.

It has nothing to do with this because we’re talking of vastly different situations.
In pvp you are supposed to play to win, they don’t even need to state that. The people who got that title were already playing for the top.
In fractals there was no such competition – fractal level isn’t even publicly visible, and never even mattered for achievements.
One can have played them as he wish, and there isn’t a wrong way, be it making multiple chars and bringing them to 30 and more, or bringing a single char to 50 and so on.

in Fractured

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

So, what do you see as a fair compensation then? With the example you give here it would simply be: Lose lvl 80 but regain access to lvl 40 more or less.

Hm? I am rather sure that it required some kind of “foul-play” in order to get past the 1-hit kill Agony at lvl 51, but maybe they changed that? If not I would say it was quite clear that you were not supposed to go higher than that.

With 100% confidence I can say that agony does not kill you at level 51 which is perfectly doable without any sort of tricks, exploits, hacks, cheats and other cheap tricks everyone thinks were used. In fact, doing said level is perfectly in line with game mechanics and fractals personal level progression.

It has nothing to do with this because we’re talking of vastly different situations.
In pvp you are supposed to play to win, they don’t even need to state that. The people who got that title were already playing for the top.
In fractals there was no such competition – fractal level isn’t even publicly visible, and never even mattered for achievements.
One can have played them as he wish, and there isn’t a wrong way, be it making multiple chars and bringing them to 30 and more, or bringing a single char to 50 and so on.

Please read prelaunch descriptions.

in Fractured

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Am I accusing you now? I thought I was just asking a very reasonable question.

Well, are you? How could I know? I see. You only want this topic locked.

I want what now? I hardly read or post at all on these boards, I have no agenda and I don’t play at forum politics. I couldn’t care less about which topics live or die.

You’re the one who keeps bringing up the kind of stuff that gets topics locked, for some reason targeting me with weird, nonsensical accusations. One after another.

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

With 100% confidence I can say that agony does not kill you at level 51 which is perfectly doable without any sort of tricks, exploits, hacks, cheats and other cheap tricks everyone thinks were used. In fact, doing said level is perfectly in line with game mechanics and fractals personal level progression.

And what about the level 50 maw fight? Or any other maw fight after 50, anyway. Cause if i don’t know everyone at 80, i must do odd fights as well too, can’t do just even ones.

Please read prelaunch descriptions.

Could you be more clear? I don’t think you mean people are supposed to play in pvp to lose, right?

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Ah, lvl 50 of course.
Silly me.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

haviz.1340

And what about the level 50 maw fight? Or any other maw fight after 50, anyway. Cause if i don’t know everyone at 80, i must do odd fights as well too, can’t do just even ones.

All of my pvp friends have quitted long time ago but I do not complain about not being able to play teamQ. Finding a person to do scales 50+ is not hard.

Could you be more clear? I don’t think you mean people are supposed to play in pvp to lose, right?

Infinite dungeon with the sole purpose of going higher and higher to challenge yourself. Kinda like pvp.

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

All of my pvp friends have quitted long time ago but I do not complain about not being able to play teamQ. Finding a person to do scales 50+ is not hard.

Why are you avoiding to answer? If i want to do it with friends i’ve got to do every level. So, how do i beat level 50, now?

Infinite dungeon with the sole purpose of going higher and higher to challenge yourself. Kinda like pvp.

Oh, sure, except it was supposed to be something they expanded every now and then, along with additional agony infusion slots. One year later, we still miss almost half of the slots, and they’re changing fractals over a certain level.
Anyway, ingame wise, they had never put any achievement or reward about said progression. And playing didn’t necessarily made you progress – i leveled different chars with my friends, for example.
In pvp you play to win, and by winning you progress.
So yeah, there is quite a difference.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Easy to talk about fairness when you only have scale 37. Just admit that you don’t care about anyone else nor what is actually fair. At least that would make some sense.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

Actually, i’m losing a total of 47 levels over different chars since, as i said, i leveled multiple ones. I wouldn’t say it barely affects me. But i’m still of the same idea as before.

in Fractured

haviz.1340

Oh, sure, except it was supposed to be something they expanded every now and then, along with additional agony infusion slots. One year later, we still miss almost half of the slots, and they’re changing fractals over a certain level.
Anyway, ingame wise, they had never put any achievement or reward about said progression. And playing didn’t necessarily made you progress – i leveled different chars with my friends, for example.
In pvp you play to win, and by winning you progress.
So yeah, there is quite a difference.

I feel like I am running in circles. There was no progression, reward, achievement, whatever else you think about with QP yet people got compensated and rewarded with unique titles after anet decided to abolish that design. Why can’t we? Because you would not get anything. That is the only reason.

TIL you progress in pve by losing. That is what someone could get from your post.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Am I accusing you now? I thought I was just asking a very reasonable question.

Well, are you? How could I know? I see. You only want this topic locked.

I want what now? I hardly read or post at all on these boards, I have no agenda and I don’t play at forum politics. I couldn’t care less about which topics live or die.

You’re the one who keeps bringing up the kind of stuff that gets topics locked, for some reason targeting me with weird, nonsensical accusations. One after another.

I can see that you hardly read. And as expected, you don’t care if this topic dies.

in Fractured

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Still no comment by an anet developer? Why do I expect more?

You tell us to talk in one location so we argue/discuss/whine back and forth. We constantly ask for some sort of feedback or comment just to see if we are getting anywhere, and no response. Seems appropriate.

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

I feel like I am running in circles. There was no progression, reward, achievement, whatever else you think about with QP yet people got compensated and rewarded with unique titles after anet decided to abolish that design. Why can’t we? Because you would not get anything. That is the only reason.

As i said before as well, the whole point of the pvp is fighting with other players and winning. And as far as i know there was already a leaderboard – they just added titles thereafter. But people were already competing for the top spots.

TIL you progress in pve by losing. That is what someone could get from your post.

You don’t even necessarily progress, in fractals. I’ve often helped friends of mine getting to higher fractal levels – and obviously i didn’t level by doing so, unless i used some lower (fractal) leveled character. And many times i just did a daily at 26 or over 30, while still not progressing. Not that i even had many reasons to do that – as an engineer, my cosmetic endgame is non-existing if we talk about weapon or back skins.
A title or achievement would have been surely a better incentive – but they should have put it long ago, not when they’re removing it.

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

As i said before as well, the whole point of the pvp is fighting with other players and winning. And as far as i know there was already a leaderboard – they just added titles thereafter. But people were already competing for the top spots.

And they did not reset pvp ranks when leaderboards came out.

You don’t even necessarily progress, in fractals.

You must have a different definition of “progress” than I do.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

You tell us to talk in one location so we argue/discuss/whine back and forth. We constantly ask for some sort of feedback or comment just to see if we are getting anywhere, and no response. Seems appropriate.

Considering the fact that they’ve been quiet about the issue ever since they released the information. Unwilling to give us any responses or get involved in any kind of discussion or suggestion with the communities involved about the topic. It all comes down to how much they care about the minority in this game. It’s all based around casual fractal players and general population that stayed away from fractals for this long. Trying to make it appealing to them, even at the cost of loosing the hardcore player base. Like it was said before, they’re trying to ignore the issue and wait for it to go away, while we fade in the background, forgotten yet again…

in Fractured

haviz.1340

You don’t even necessarily progress, in fractals. I’ve often helped friends of mine getting to higher fractal levels – and obviously i didn’t level by doing so, unless i used some lower (fractal) leveled character. And many times i just did a daily at 26 or over 30, while still not progressing. Not that i even had many reasons to do that – as an engineer, my cosmetic endgame is non-existing if we talk about weapon or back skins.
A title or achievement would have been surely a better incentive – but they should have put it long ago, not when they’re removing it.

That is your counter argument? That you do not have to necessarily progress when doing lower levels? Seriously?

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Considering the fact that they’ve been quiet about the issue ever since they released the information. Unwilling to give us any responses or get involved in any kind of discussion or suggestion with the communities involved about the topic. It all comes down to how much they care about the minority in this game. It’s all based around casual fractal players and general population that stayed away from fractals for this long. Trying to make it appealing to them, even at the cost of loosing the hardcore player base. Like it was said before, they’re trying to ignore the issue and wait for it to go away, while we fade in the background, forgotten yet again…

Unfortunately yes. I was in denial about this day 1, maybe day 2, but it’s becoming pretty apparent now.

However we should keep bringing it up because I don’t want it to be that easy to ignore the issues and let it fade.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Back just to say, we need to keep this active so that next time they take something, and we are accused of not complaining(like we were last week about tafu), we can very clearly show that we are still fighting, trying, and being vocal.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Back just to say, we need to keep this active so that next time they take something, and we are accused of not complaining(like we were last week about tafu), we can very clearly show that we are still fighting, trying, and being vocal.

Unfortunately I think they are just learning that they can reset progression and take items away if:

1) It only affects hardcore players
2) It only affects the minority
3) It does not involve gems directly, only time, energy, and effort

In the future, they will push the limit of how big the minority can be. It’s clear from the people commenting here that the fractals minority is small enough that we don’t matter.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

Sadly all Anet would have to do is close the topic and delete it stating something close to “The discussion on this topic got too toxic therefore the post has been deleted.” Make it like it never happened.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Sadly all Anet would have to do is close the topic and delete it stating something close to “The discussion on this topic got too toxic therefore the post has been deleted.” Make it like it never happened.

You mean like they did in the general discussion one that was 15 pages and 800+ replies with around 11k views? =)

in Fractured

haviz.1340

Considering that general casual population prefers facebook games (love statistics) I am not exactly sure why they are even updating fractals.

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

@romo @jmar

I know. I’m just saying we gotta keep fighting so that we can say we did. So they close the thread, who cares? We can still say that with the other two threads they closed we have 30 pages of conversation about it and that we tried.

Keep it positive, comrades!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

That is your counter argument? That you do not have to necessarily progress when doing lower levels? Seriously?

You were asking about the differences between the two, so there is both the quoted part and the one about pvp. And it isn’t a “you do not have to necessarily progress when doing lower levels”. But rather, “you were able to play the content in ways that didn’t involve a progress in fractal levels and it was still fine – unlike losing in pvp”.

Also, if it isn’t clear enough, i’m getting hit quite a bit from the account bound level; the difference is that i’m not asking for anything in return, cause i already knew i wouldn’t get anything when i levelled multiple chars.

in Fractured

Manasa Devi.7958

I can see that you hardly read. And as expected, you don’t care if this topic dies.

Why would you expect that? Do you presume to know something about my motivations?

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Also, if it isn’t clear enough, i’m getting hit quite a bit from the account bound level; the difference is that i’m not asking for anything in return, cause i already knew i wouldn’t get anything when i levelled multiple chars.

Fotm level becoming account bound was something that I saw people asking for a lot.

I never saw resetting levels to 30 asked for.

However, the difference is, I wouldn’t argue with you if you wanted compensation for the time spent doing something, that will now be given to everybody. It would not affect me, so it would be silly of me to tell you you don’t deserve something you want while I would be unaffected.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Why would you expect that? Do you presume to know something about my motivations?

Your words, I just twisted them.

in Fractured

Manasa Devi.7958

Your words, I just twisted them.

I never said anything about your expectations about me. Why do you never give a straight answer?

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

If I gave you an honest answer I would get infracted immediately. Let’s move on, shall we?

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I got banned 3 days for honest answer that you could go to at least 70 with using a good Timing and teamplay and without exploits.. so I guess beeing honest is either not good… or maybe teamplay is an exploit!

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Manasa Devi.7958

If I gave you an honest answer I would get infracted immediately. Let’s move on, shall we?

I would get infracted too if I wrote what I honestly thought about all the baseless things you’ve been writing about me. That’s why I’m only asking questions.

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m not sure why this thread has turned into personal attacks. Let’s keep it on topic guys…. Please.

[ARES]

in Fractured

JMar.3254

People seem to go report happy when they don’t agree with what you are saying, and can’t come up with good counter arguments.

This is what I propose:

1) Instabilities start at 50.
2) People at 50+ get to keep their levels. If they fail on 80 the first day, that’s a good thing. They need to practice and develop the skills. If they complete it, then they should get to stay there, since it is not a skill cap, only a time gate that has already been completed.
3) Give an option to opt out of leaderboards.

I guess it would have to be 70 though since they only have 20 instabilities (maybe, I’m guessing)

in Fractured

Romo.3709

However, the difference is, I wouldn’t argue with you if you wanted compensation for the time spent doing something, that will now be given to everybody. It would not affect me, so it would be silly of me to tell you you don’t deserve something you want while I would be unaffected.

That is exactly the point a lot of people is trying to bring up in here while constantly being shot down by other as if they do not deserve the right to fight for something they clearly deserve. I couldn’t put it any better. +1

in Fractured

JMar.3254

That is exactly the point a lot of people is trying to bring up in here while constantly being shot down by other as if they do not deserve the right to fight for something they clearly deserve. I couldn’t put it any better. +1

Thanks =). I actually had somebody early ask “Why should I give you a reward?” Lol. I had to walk away from the computer after that.

You know why people don’t want instabilities at 50? Because they don’t want to grind 30 to 50, but they don’t want us to receive compensation for doing that work for nothing.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

Thanks =). I actually had somebody early ask “Why should I give you a reward?” Lol. I had to walk away from the computer after that.

You know why people don’t want instabilities at 50? Because they don’t want to grind 30 to 50, but they don’t want us to receive compensation for doing that work for nothing.

Simple logic at it’s best.

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

Actually, i wouldn’t have any problem in doing that. But as the other solution i talked off – putting those titles and achievements and postpone the fractal patch for some months, so that the people interested in the rewards have enough time to put in effort and gain them – it is unfeasible. As they should change quite a bit about the scaling of the new content, and this isn’t something they can do in a day, and either a week (the amount of time since we know about the patch).

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Actually, i wouldn’t have any problem in doing that. But as the other solution i talked off – putting those titles and achievements and postpone the fractal patch for some months, so that the people interested in the rewards have enough time to put in effort and gain them – it is unfeasible. As they should change quite a bit about the scaling of the new content, and this isn’t something they can do in a day, and either a week (the amount of time since we know about the patch).

Then we agree they could, and should, have started it at 50? or 80?

in Fractured

Posted by: Lyru.9380

Lyru.9380

The concept of leaderboards is pointless. I guarantee many players wouldn’t give two cents for it… because I don’t.

If you were going to do this at least make it so that old players wouldn’t get chaffed by this and give the option of participating in “leaderboards” or not for the reset.

The fractal levels we played to earn are just going to disappear? It takes time and effort to complete the dungeon, it’s difficult to stomach the fact that it’s all going to waste.
-level 49’er

in Fractured

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Okay – it’s pretty safe to say ANET might be getting the message.
I don’t agree with the equity loss at all. The number of posts ‘against the change’ vs ‘for’ is overwhelming for people who have progressed up to the lvl 50 (and many who are 30-50).

What they can do about it now (who knows) – I would like to hope that they have had several internal meetings about this. I sincerely hope like many of the players here that ANET carefully considers their impact of there decisions in future – especially when going back on design principles or prior patch advertising (infinite levelling dungeons etc).

Many players consider the long-term goals and not just short-term when playing based on new content (such as FoTM).

Considering the uproar pre-patch it’s going to be worse when the release hits in two days time and people realise what has just happened or a returning player.

This change in my consideration is as bad as the dreaded “server rollback” of a weeks effort (a good example of equity loss with a much larger affected player base) – I just hope that this never occurs.

Imagine a player returning after a months break to discover the equity loss – this may be just enough to ensure they never return (to them it feels like a server rollback).

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in Fractured

JMar.3254

It’s funny you mention that TPMN. I’ve told several people in my guild about it because I’m pretty upset. It’s always funny (maybe sad is a better word) how people reply:

<30 fotm lvl: Oh. That’s cool. Well, maybe I’ll play it a bit… 5min later in guild chat LFG fotm 1-9.
>30 fotm lvl: What? Are you serious? No way. They can’t do that! You can’t just reset my levels!

in Fractured

Posted by: overEnd.2947

overEnd.2947

Im not sure why are people against rewarding the players that took their time and got to lvl 80. Noone loses anything if someone gets a reward for their effort and some don’t becuase they didn’t bother playing as much fractals.
Even if arena warned months in advance there would be a reward for getting to 80 before the reset, i doubt many more players would do it just because there is no fair reward for grinding some of the most buggiest and not rewarding content ingame.

(a bit related)
Some time ago in pvp section, there was a post about ranks being farmed up and players feared that would get a reset aswell so everyone would lose ranks, eighter farmed or just earned over time.
The dev responded with basicaly “Arena would never take away something players have worked for”, which might just happen here.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Im not sure why are people against rewarding the players that took their time and got to lvl 80. Noone loses anything if someone gets a reward for their effort and some don’t becuase they didn’t bother playing as much fractals.
Even if arena warned months in advance there would be a reward for getting to 80 before the reset, i doubt many more players would do it just because there is no fair reward for grinding some of the most buggiest and not rewarding content ingame.

(a bit related)
Some time ago in pvp section, there was a post about ranks being farmed up and players feared that would get a reset aswell so everyone would lose ranks, eighter farmed or just earned over time.
The dev responded with basicaly “Arena would never take away something players have worked for”, which might just happen here.

Hahaha. That’s awesome. I’m tempted to go look for it now.

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

sad but true they do .. and the pvp rank is just a number you already got your rewards for rank up chests and you only have the pvp rank to Access higher lvl rewards same as fractals so it’s basicaly quite the same…

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

I don’t going mind from 72 to 30 as the new difficulties are, well, new. Some kind of item would be nice though, how bout a swim booster.

Magumer Ranger

in Fractured

Posted by: The Holy Advenger.1758

The Holy Advenger.1758

People knew 50 was A-Nets max level. If players wanted to find ways around this and continue then those players “reward” is harder fractal content. Players shouldnt be rewarded for doing something the developers had already made a baseline for and these people weaseled their way around it. If the developers wanted players to go any higher then the stated cap level they wouldve changed to cap to a higher lvl.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Cap is at 80. Nothing prevents you from entering.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

If the developers wanted players to go any higher then the stated cap level they wouldve changed to cap to a higher lvl.

Source please.