Token Wallet! Thank you a-net!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m genuinely confused about the people complaining about this feature… How does account wide gold and karma affect you negatively?

Waypoint fees.

Generally pays not to have accessible gold when you’re running around the Bazaar or the Aetherblade jumping puzzle.

You do know that WPing comes out of your personal bank if you don’t have enough on your character? So this will change nothing. Time to put your gold in a guild bank. by the way WPing can’t take it out of there.

So, Devs, what happens now if a player has no coin in the wallet or not enough for a waypoint fee? Do they stay dead until someone happens upon and revives them? What if they’re not really in an accessible area and should not expect anyone to happen across them? Or will they then have switch to an alt if they have one, or for those with only one character, will they have to then make an entirely new second character just to kill a few things to get a few coin in their wallet so they can then log back into the dead character since they can now afford a waypoint fee?

If you have zero money whatsoever you get to WP for free. Its always been that way.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bevillian.1260

Bevillian.1260

I’m genuinely confused about the people complaining about this feature… How does account wide gold and karma affect you negatively?

Waypoint fees.

Generally pays not to have accessible gold when you’re running around the Bazaar or the Aetherblade jumping puzzle.

You do know that WPing comes out of your personal bank if you don’t have enough on your character? So this will change nothing. Time to put your gold in a guild bank. by the way WPing can’t take it out of there.

So, Devs, what happens now if a player has no coin in the wallet or not enough for a waypoint fee? Do they stay dead until someone happens upon and revives them? What if they’re not really in an accessible area and should not expect anyone to happen across them? Or will they then have switch to an alt if they have one, or for those with only one character, will they have to then make an entirely new second character just to kill a few things to get a few coin in their wallet so they can then log back into the dead character since they can now afford a waypoint fee?

I’m not sure you understand how a waypoint works regarding your money if you have none. It simply lets you waypoint if you have zero money in your inventory or bank.

Guild Wars 2 Needs Hall of Heroes

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BladeDVD.6234

BladeDVD.6234

It is not as simple as having both, it is something that is within the code and the interaction of multiple different elements of the game. So it might look like an easy thing on the outside – under the hood there is a lot of programming magic going on.

So if you need to have a bankspace to protect yourself from – well – yourself, you have to use the “individual guild” route.

In all fairness, sometimes the game lags and people make mistakes. Which is why some people chose to keep the bulk of their gold in storage. Given Anet’s (reasonable) position of not taking action to correct player caused mistakes, it seems a bit unfair to take away methods players use to keep themselves from making such mistakes. This will probably lead to a lot more support tickets where Anet will have to say sorry we can’t help you which isn’t going to make players or support people happy.

Perhaps the developers could add in an option to having a warning pop up whenever you were going to spend more than 90% of your gold?

Otherwise, this seems like a great new feature. I’m looking forward to having a few storage slots freed up.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

The exact same thing that have happened since release if you die without any kind of money.
You get a free WP to the nearest uncontested WP.

Interesting. I’ve played since launch and never died and did not have enough coin for a waypoint fee. I didn’t realize so many people have actually died and were broke to discover this. I wonder if some players will ensure all their coin is always deposited into the guild vault so it is safe from being available for waypoint fees as gold in the bank was, so they then get free waypoint revival. I’m sure players were doing this before, but now even more people will be keeping their coin in the guild vault at all times. I’m just looking for areas of the game that this feature might impact to see if any issues or exploits might happen to bring to Anet’s attention since many things are implemented without being thoroughly researched and tested for interactions with other aspects of the game.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

You did not read my post properly. It is not an option. It is not possible without touching core systems. Which will have other consequences. An MMO is a very complex thing.

So what your telling us is: Removing a key feature from the personal bank doesn’t touch any core systems, but adding a completely new feature while leaving the bank as is would require you to alter core systems.

I may not be a programmer, but something about that statement just seems backwards to me.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

It is not as simple as having both, it is something that is within the code and the interaction of multiple different elements of the game. So it might look like an easy thing on the outside – under the hood there is a lot of programming magic going on.

So if you need to have a bankspace to protect yourself from – well – yourself, you have to use the “individual guild” route.

As a solution to some of these problems (along with the possible problem of any account thief now having access to ALL your gold with one character.) I suggest a passcode system.

Allow an account based option that a user can activate/deactivate with 3 settings.
Passcode settings:
1. Off: upon logging in all characters will continue like normal with no changes.
2. Log-In: Upon log-in when going to spend ANYTHING from the token wallet a passcode is required. Once the 4 digit passcode is entered, you have full access to your wallet until you log off.
3. Full Protection: A passcode is required for ANY purchase that uses items from your wallet.

When reducing the setting (so from Full to log-in, or off, etc.) There is a 3 day timer until the change takes effect.
When turning it on make it so you have 2 hours to turn the option back to off without the 3 day wait timer. That way if someone turns it onto a setting and goes omg, I hate this, they can turn it back then.

This solution provides added security so that account thiefs don’t have immediate access to all your goods.
It also provides a means that players can monitor their transactions using the Full protection, to keep from accidentally spending when it was not intended.

And frankly I would think this option would be easier to use as a protection against unintended purchases than depositing and removing gold into the bank EVERY time you want to buy something.

(edited by zaxziakohl.5243)

in Queen's Jubilee

StinVec.3621

Will “Bank” now be renamed to “Storage Facility” since the key feature that defines it as being a “Bank” is being removed?

Will “Bank Golems” and other instant “Bank Access” items now be renamed to “Storage Facilitator” devices since they no longer have anything to do with an actual “Bank” but will now only offer access to “Storage”?

Will the “Bank Tellers” in Divinity’s Reach no longer be behind barred bank teller windows since they no longer have anything to do with coin?

You cannot remove the only feature that makes a “Bank”, a “Bank”, and still call it a “Bank”.

Personally, I feel “Bank” and “Storage” should have been separate services accessed by interacting with two different NPCs from the start. Who stores a bunch of random stuff at their bank? Since the “Bank” will now only be used to house stuff instead of as a place to keep our money safe, you must now make additional changes accordingly.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

The exact same thing that have happened since release if you die without any kind of money.
You get a free WP.

That doesn’t work if the nearest waypoint is contested. It has never worked for me, anyway. I have been forced to relog to get the free port to my home city in those situations.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Ugh, looks like I’ll have to make a personal guild for that. -_-

Also, I would have to ask how/why you’d set something up that far in that the most you can do is override the code with another code that makes it unavailable. But since I’m slightly code savvy, I can look at some of the coding projects I’ve had to do and understand exactly how it happened…because at the time you only realized a single way through it, when looking back there was another way to do it. But trying to do it that way now would cause you to have to rewrite a ton of the system’s coding, so it’s better not to touch it to begin with.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I don’t wanna know how much gold people will unnecessarily lose because of this new “feature”.

They’ll lose gold through their stupidity, laziness or because they’re in a rush, NOT because of this great new feature.

I have a broken mouse…
I sometimes send random multiclick instead of standard one click
am I stupid?
(heh so many times when I wanted to set some searches (I want see all the exotic swords) I doubleclicked and was telling me I clicked some legendary from “most expensive” list – fortunatey I don’t have so much gold)

An what about currencies stored in bank?
There is said that upon first login of every character on the account all the currencies that character wield will be stored into wallet – so I’m asking when – if – will be stored currencies form the bank?
do I need to take all the tokens on the one of character from the bank before the update?

It’s already been answered that all currencies stored in the bank (tokens, etc.) will automatically be transferred to the wallet with the update, so you’ll basically log in and have all that space available and a fat, happy wallet singing show tunes.

ok thanks I was reading and searching for that but I’ve only seen about chars not ban itself so I wasn’t sure

You did not read my post properly. It is not an option. It is not possible without touching core systems. Which will have other consequences. An MMO is a very complex thing.

So what your telling us is: Removing a key feature from the personal bank doesn’t touch any core systems, but adding a completely new feature while leaving the bank as is would require you to alter core systems.

I may not be a programmer, but something about that statement just seems backwards to me.

actually they are not adding new feature, but changing an old one – now bank storage for gold would be accesible for every character and they money will be automatically sent there.
also It expanded this feature with karma/laurel/all possible currencies.
but to have both vallet and bank gold storage after that…
they need to make a whole new bank because old one was just revamped to new wallet (In meaning of gold storage changed into all-currency-storage etc. etc.)
thats how I see this.

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

He’s not a programmer either. He has no idea how the digital cogs work. In the future, he should refrain from posting comments, in regards to topics outside of his own area of expertise.

I will ignore the tone of your post so I can give an answer that is relevant for other people: The information I passed along was coming directly from the programmer who implements the system. I think he is qualified to address this.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

This sounds like the best idea I have seen implemented in a long time anywhere. I am not even sure if WoW did this with the gold of all characters, but I think this is a +1 over all MMOs. Good move indeed.

My biggest fear is that some sort of bug/glitch/exploit is found and it likely causes catastrophic damage to the economy as well allowing clever players to get ahead again. Although I am not against that entirely, it would be a shame if someone borks the system.

in Queen's Jubilee

Quarktastic.1027

He’s not a programmer either. He has no idea how the digital cogs work. In the future, he should refrain from posting comments, in regards to topics outside of his own area of expertise.

I will ignore the tone of your post so I can give an answer that is relevant for other people: The information I passed along was coming directly from the programmer who implements the system. I think he is qualified to address this.

I’m going to go ahead and assume you were paraphrasing what this programmer said. Is there any you can phrase it so that it makes more sense to those of us who aren’t as tech savvy?

Or is it merely a rebuilding of the current gold storage system, which would require an entirely new gold storage system to be created?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Michael Fejervary.8576

Michael Fejervary.8576

Now all my characters are going to have access to all my gold all the time. Which is a bad thing and causes people to start wasting gold more often cause they have it available all the time now.

Guess we can call this a new form of a GOLD SINK then.

in Queen's Jubilee

Quarktastic.1027

Now all my characters are going to have access to all my gold all the time. Which is a bad thing and causes people to start wasting gold more often cause they have it available all the time now.

Guess we can call this a new form of a GOLD SINK then.

I smell a conspiracy.

/tinfoilhat

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

As a developer who has worked on systems far more complex than an MMO, I understand this.

However:

A feature that has been in place for almost a year, that is fairly industry standard has been removed.

It is common knowledge within the computer industry that removing an existing feature will cause customer dissatisfaction and undermine trust and future business. There is over 40 years of data to back this up.

ANet’s response to this is:

This is not just a matter of “protecting oneself from oneself”. What plans does ANet have when the Trade Post creates problems due to lag?

Will ANet allow one-man guilds to be created and leveled free of charge (to reach guild bank ability) in order to compensate for the removal of the feature?

==
At this point, it is not about the cost of the new one-man guild. It is the hassle required to manage it on an on-going basis in order to “duplicate” a (standard) feature which has been removed.

I actually do not expect a response at this point. I believe, given the posts from ANet here, that this subject is closed.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in Queen's Jubilee

Elbegast.6970

Thank you for clearing that up. I am reminded of the Ferengi Rules of Aquisition:

Rule #30: Talk is cheap; synthehol makes profit.

Rule #32: Be careful what you sell. It may do exactly what the customer expects.

Rule #203: New customers are like razor-toothed greeworms. They can be succulent, but sometimes they bite back.

Rule #269: Never trust a merchant who insists on using their own scales.

Rule #299: Whenever you exploit someone, it never hurts to thank them. That way, it’s easier to exploit them the next time.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Thank you for clearing that up. I am reminded of the Ferengi Rules of Aquisition:

Rule #30: Talk is cheap; synthehol makes profit.

Rule #32: Be careful what you sell. It may do exactly what the customer expects.

Rule #203: New customers are like razor-toothed greeworms. They can be succulent, but sometimes they bite back.

Rule #269: Never trust a merchant who insists on using their own scales.

Rule #299: Whenever you exploit someone, it never hurts to thank them. That way, it’s easier to exploit them the next time.

Omg! And i thought I was a big nerd…

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

I think there is a relatively simple solution to the safety concerns. Introduce an item that can be purchased from in game merchants that costs 10g to buy from the merchant and also sells 10g to the merchant. In addition this must not be storable in the wallet but stackable in your bank tabs. Can come in denominations of 1g, 10g, 100, 1000g. You now have a way to store gold in the form of an item. I am assuming that given this is an item, the technical implementation should be simple.

in Queen's Jubilee

Quarktastic.1027

I think there is a relatively simple solution to the safety concerns. Introduce an item that can be purchased from in game merchants that costs 10g to buy from the merchant and also sells 10g to the merchant. In addition this must not be storable in the wallet but stackable in your bank tabs. Can come in denominations of 1g, 10g, 100, 1000g. You now have a way to store gold in the form of an item. I am assuming that given this is an item, the technical implementation should be simple.

Reminds me of a similar “10 million big note” that you could obtain in another MMO. But there it was used as a way to store currency beyond the limit of coins one could carry.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

It’d be nice if we could choose what and when we want to move stuff to this “wallet” instead of being forced to. Also we can no longer placed gold in our personal bank? Really? Nice.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Artiyum.7062

Artiyum.7062

PLEASE ANSWER MODERATOR. If i delete a character..but i also had 2 more before i deleted him . Will i still have all the gold , karma ect shared between them? Or will it all go?

(edited by Artiyum.7062)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

As a developer who has worked on systems far more complex than an MMO, I understand this.

However:

A feature that has been in place for almost a year, that is fairly industry standard has been removed.

It is common knowledge within the computer industry that removing an existing feature will cause customer dissatisfaction and undermine trust and future business. There is over 40 years of data to back this up.

ANet’s response to this is:

This is not just a matter of “protecting oneself from oneself”. What plans does ANet have when the Trade Post creates problems due to lag?

Will ANet allow one-man guilds to be created and leveled free of charge (to reach guild bank ability) in order to compensate for the removal of the feature?

==
At this point, it is not about the cost of the new one-man guild. It is the hassle required to manage it on an on-going basis in order to “duplicate” a (standard) feature which has been removed.

I actually do not expect a response at this point. I believe, given the posts from ANet here, that this subject is closed.

Love this and agree. +

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Reminds me of a similar “10 million big note” that you could obtain in another MMO. But there it was used as a way to store currency beyond the limit of coins one could carry.

That would certainly be safer than the buggy guild system …

in Queen's Jubilee

StinVec.3621

PLEASE ANSWER MODERATOR. If i delete a character..but i also had 2 more before i deleted him . Will i still have all the gold , karma ect shared between them? Or will it all go?

Take the time to actually read the dev posts in this thread. Your question has already been answered.

in Queen's Jubilee

Quarktastic.1027

But it wouldn’t stop people from “accidentally” going: right click>destroy, and losing their entire savings in three mouse clicks.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

But it wouldn’t stop people from “accidentally” going: right click>destroy, and losing their entire savings in three mouse clicks.

Make it legendary quality and the game will force you to type the name to confirm or some kind of indestructible flag. :P

Anyway that approach might not be possible either. Every item probably has a single value and the vendor price is just calculated based off of that. Seems to be 12.5%.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

So you have never learned things outside your department/specialty at work before?

As a person working at ArenaNet, he is automatically better informed than the average player (I’d say all players, but… City of Heroes had Arcanaville, math guru. GW2 might have a player similar to her). I have also noticed that when speaking of other people’s responsibilities, the staff here are very good at phrasing it in conditionals.

“I think that can’t be done, but it’s not my department” for example.

And as was said in this thread, this time the Community Rep was quoting the guy responsible.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Now I’m reminded I had to save the Runaway Five rather than buy my first house!

sigh

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

Thank you a-net!

Whiners gonna whine!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Take your own advice then. You, and others, do not know the coding practices or how business is run within Arena-net. It’s not your area of expertise on how to run an MMO.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

I’m still trying to wrap my brain around the “I might accidently buy something I don’t want!” or the “I might spend money I want to save!” arguments.

Umm….

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Will “Bank” now be renamed to “Storage Facility” since the key feature that defines it as being a “Bank” is being removed?

Will “Bank Golems” and other instant “Bank Access” items now be renamed to “Storage Facilitator” devices since they no longer have anything to do with an actual “Bank” but will now only offer access to “Storage”?

Will the “Bank Tellers” in Divinity’s Reach no longer be behind barred bank teller windows since they no longer have anything to do with coin?

You cannot remove the only feature that makes a “Bank”, a “Bank”, and still call it a “Bank”.

Personally, I feel “Bank” and “Storage” should have been separate services accessed by interacting with two different NPCs from the start. Who stores a bunch of random stuff at their bank? Since the “Bank” will now only be used to house stuff instead of as a place to keep our money safe, you must now make additional changes accordingly.

Although you may only use banks for money, historically (and today as well) banks deal in more than just currency. In fact, one definition of a bank is “a special storage place.”

No need to be overly dramatic as the name still fits just fine even if you don’t store your in-game currency there as you are still using it to bank your “valuable” items.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

(edited by Invictus.1503)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: realloc.5846

realloc.5846

Joy for the vast majority of players, who waited for this change so long vs. “dissatisfaction” of the couple of kittens, who just dont want to adapt?

Yeah, how Anet dares…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Joy for the vast majority of players, who waited for this change so long vs. “dissatisfaction” of the couple of kittens, who just dont want to adapt?

Yeah, how Anet dares…

Please check the other posts I have left on this thread before making assumptions.

I have advocated for options. (The change for tokens is necessary and welcomed, the issue specifically is gold. And again, I have been advocating for that being an option that can be user toggled.)

I understand there are players that are 100% happy with these changes. And I support that.

Thank you.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in Queen's Jubilee

Elbegast.6970

Take your own advice then. You, and others, do not know the coding practices or how business is run within Arena-net. It’s not your area of expertise on how to run an MMO.

I’m credited on 20+ video games from ‘Wing Commander’ to ‘Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga’ ….but yeah, I’ve never produced a mmo before. My brother is working on that one. You may have heard of it. It’s called ‘Star Citizen’ .

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

To answer a few of the questions:

• Pristine Fractal Relics are not included. I am not a designer so I cannot accurately comment on why they are not included.
  • At this point the wallet supports core currencies, not seasonal/festival/temporary currencies. At this time we have no plans to add those to the wallet.
  • Jugs of Karma will remain an item and can be used as usual. The karma you gain from them will then be stored in the wallet and will be accountwide.

And the gold collecting achievement, is it still possible?

Yes, the “Golden” title can still be acquired, simply by having 200g, since depositing coins into the bank is no longer possible.

Can you address the developer it is a terrible idea? Everyone make mistake, I’ve put typo wrong on the TP all the time. The bank makes an extra protection for people not to make human error and loss all their gold.

And coming from another game, which don’t have the bank feature, I see post on people complaining they loss a huge chunk of their gold because they put an extra 0 on the auction house.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

Make it legendary quality and the game will force you to type the name to confirm or some kind of indestructible flag. :P

Anyway that approach might not be possible either. Every item probably has a single value and the vendor price is just calculated based off of that. Seems to be 12.5%.

a way around that: but 2 items from vendor with selling price of 0.5g. Put in forge and receive an item with selling price 1g/12.5%. Now you can this new item to the vendor for 1g. Night be more complex but will still work for those so concerned over gold. If they cannot be bothered then they are not so concerned.
its a pity that a thread over an excellent feature is becoming a thread over the one thing some ppl do not like about it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’m still trying to wrap my brain around the “I might accidently buy something I don’t want!” or the “I might spend money I want to save!” arguments.

Umm….

The accidentally buy one confuses me too, but the “I might spend money I want to save” one is pretty easy if you think about it. Most people who want to save money leave it somewhere else, like on an alt or in the bank that way they don’t have to worry about being tempted to use it (since having it in your inventory can make a pretty big temptation). If you don’t see it, you’re not tempted to spend it. With this change, unless we make personal guilds, we will be VERY tempted to spend it.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

First, before anything else, I would like to say I love the addition. I’m not thrilled with the gold side of it, same as several others here, but everything else I’m perfectly happy with, and I suppose I can adapt even on the subject of gold.

That having been said, I agree with Matipzieu KyA’s concerns (page 4). Everyone here is in agreement that, for all other currencies, this is the best thing since sliced bread. It’s the matter of how they’re treating coin currency, itself, that has people divided.

Now, I read the posts on how it can’t be split to have multiple functionalities, that it is simply impossible without changing core mechanics that would lead to a domino effect of problems. BUT! I must wonder if THIS is possible:

Is it possible to keep Gold function the way it is now, across the board, NOT as an option but as a mandate…. without dropping anything else from the wallet?

In other words, can coin currency be taken back OUT OF the wallet (as a function) before this goes live? I would like to know the answer to this (regardless of what it may be).

P.S. Oh, and Elbegast? There are only 285 Rules. I looked up the #299 you cited, and it was apparently said by someone who couldn’t possibly have known anything about the Ferengi anyway.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

The people that are complaining about all characters having access to the gold with this patch….you realise the bank was there for that reason, so that all characters can share/pass between them gold, so with this latest implementation, there is now no longer a reason to have that.

I understand the concern that you want each character to have their own little bit of spending money, but I really don’t think it’s a reason to quit the game over. You will adjust to it and quite possibly come to prefer it. Also, new players that join GW2 after this patch won’t miss what they didn’t experience, to them it will be easier for all their characters to be able access gold.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

Umm….

The accidentally buy one confuses me too, but the “I might spend money I want to save” one is pretty easy if you think about it. Most people who want to save money leave it somewhere else, like on an alt or in the bank that way they don’t have to worry about being tempted to use it (since having it in your inventory can make a pretty big temptation). If you don’t see it, you’re not tempted to spend it. With this change, unless we make personal guilds, we will be VERY tempted to spend it.

The “accudentally buying” argument is probably on the TP, it’s the only place with really expensive items and lag there might cause two buy orders to be sent (it’s not uncommon enough to not warrant some worries).

I like the wallet very much even if I’d also like for it to be a way to put some gold in a “safe place”. Having a one man-guild is a workaround but a very clumsy one with several drawbacks although if gold can still be deposited there, doesn’t that mean the mechanics should still be available?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

I’m credited on 20+ video games from ‘Wing Commander’ to ‘Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga’ ….but yeah, I’ve never produced a mmo before. My brother is working on that one. You may have heard of it. It’s called ‘Star Citizen’ .

Nope, never heard of it.

Also, judging by your posting you are a true negative Nancy. It makes it hard to take you seriously when you do have a legitimate complaint.

(edited by blud.8174)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

There’s also instances where items in the tp are priced way above their normal price range. For example there are rare weapons that are priced 10 times the normal price and 1-2 normal priced item ontop of them. People who are forging precursors might accidentally buy stacks and buy the ridiculously priced one along without knowing. Some people do these kinds of things to take advantage of others…..

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Until you log in and you suddenly no longer have a guild vault with all of your money in it because your guild no longer exists due to the guild disappearing bug. For some, a reload of the game brings your guild back, for me this fixed it on one occasion where I had this bug. Another time my guild was just gone even after several days of restarting and relogging. Lost several gold I had in my vault and some items. Had to eventually remake it (same name, same tag) and get it all trained up again with vault, guild armor and weapon, etc.

Probably obvious and something you checked back then, but it wasn’t that you transferred between servers so that your guild reset and the bank was lost?

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

To answer a few of the questions:

• Pristine Fractal Relics are not included. I am not a designer so I cannot accurately comment on why they are not included.
  • At this point the wallet supports core currencies, not seasonal/festival/temporary currencies. At this time we have no plans to add those to the wallet.
  • Jugs of Karma will remain an item and can be used as usual. The karma you gain from them will then be stored in the wallet and will be accountwide.

Martin,

the change is a welcome one – focused on improving player experience.

I’m almost certain I know the answer, but re ‘core currencies’, as a WvWer one of these core currencies for me is WxP. Which I imagine still remains character, rather than account bound.

This seems to me to be the obvious exception to the design philosophy behind the wallet. Can I ask that consideration be given to making WxP account bound?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Seriously dude, I’ve never seen you come to these forums to do anything except spout consperacy theories about how Arenanet is screwing us over, complain and be snide. Why do you even bother with this game if you hate it that much? I mean seriously, is there anything you actually like about this game or are you just here to troll?

in Queen's Jubilee

Elbegast.6970

P.S. Oh, and Elbegast? There are only 285 Rules. I looked up the #299 you cited, and it was apparently said by someone who couldn’t possibly have known anything about the Ferengi anyway.

You are forgetting the most important rule of acquisition…

…The Unwritten Rule: “When no appropriate rule applies… make one up.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Felrok.9813

Felrok.9813

As much as I appreciate this feature (!!), it comes with a bitter taste if you think a bit about it. Ok, Anet is finally implementing a Token wallet, for free and without stack limitations. GW2 is not the first MMO which impements such a feature, so they probably heard of it before even GW2 was released. So why did´t they implement it from the beginning? Right, so that we spend gems on Bank and Inventory Space. Well in the end it is all about money making and mucking around with consumers (us), which is of course not a new story. I just would like to know, why now??

in Queen's Jubilee

Elbegast.6970

Nope, never heard of it.

Also, judging by your posting you are a true negative Nancy. It makes it hard to take you seriously when you do have a legitimate complaint.

My apologies. In regards to gaming, I’m not accustomed to such gleeful frivolities as paying compliments and patting folk on the back. My work has trained me to criticize and focus on flaws rather than enjoying a game for what it is meant to be…a game. I can’t even remember the last time I actually played a game to have fun.