Last Stand at Southsun: Feedback/Opinion

in Last Stand at Southsun

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

“Use the mines to kill him” mechanics is Mad King’s Clock Tower all over again for me for now.

Even the unequip all your gear while fighting him is same as mad king solo nude killing.

Mechanics not good. After playing Molten alliance dungeon this one feels kittened. (sorry but thats exactly the word that pictures the whole thing for me)

(edited by Luna.9640)

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

Im not happy either, and not for that reason. Anet promised a new dungeon, and what did we get… a room with ONE boss…

In the past 9 months we have gotten 1 new area that is half finished, we got fractals and thats it. When is Anet gonna focus on actual content instead of lossless monthly patches that do not bring permanent content?

p.s. we had to use bleeds to kill the bosses.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Im not happy either, and not for that reason. Anet promised a new dungeon, and what did we get… a room with ONE boss…

In the past 9 months we have gotten 1 new area that is half finished, we got fractals and thats it. When is Anet gonna focus on actual content instead of lossless monthly patches that do not bring permanent content?

p.s. we had to use bleeds to kill the bosses.

Im just happy Im not paying a monthly fee. What ever they give us is icing on the cake.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Haven’t played it yet, but I thought that the patch notes said Canach’s lair is a boss encounter, and once you beat him you unlock both a solo and a group dungeon?

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

Im just happy Im not paying a monthly fee. What ever they give us is icing on the cake.

that certainly is true, but does not correspond with the way Anet said they wanted to go/promised to go.

Im just providing feedback here that me, and probably many others, would prefer some new playable zones/dungeons that are permanent and will give us a bit more challange.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

I actually killed him with conditions…. way too easy xD

Location, location, location.

Posted by: TheOnlyOneNL.3821

TheOnlyOneNL.3821

He really was easy. Me and my party members were just like: wft!

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I used conditions and it worked.
I’m a little disappointed. Kiel didn’t seem to find anything weird about Canach’s new look. The instance is short and the traps are easily avoidable.
Also, I’ve avoided every trap and I didn’t get the achievement.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Derek.6017

Derek.6017

Such a step down from the Weapons Facility.

I don’t think anybody will be disappointed when this “dungeon” disappears.

Posted by: Grymkreaper.3607

Grymkreaper.3607

I don’t get the point of this “dungeon.” One room, one boss, and no loot? As disappointing as the Southsun Crates and the cop out animation on the new sickle.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

imo
personal FIRSTimpression
canache fight: disable bomb trap > stand behind it> canache walks in > repeat

subdirector null fight: Lame….like really lame
disable bomb trap A> stand behind it> null walks in > dps
disable bomb trap B> stand behind it > null walks in > dps
rinse repeat

more puzzled based fights…i agree, such a step down from molten facility
less puzzle more skill and movement please. make it seem like we’re actually fighting

seriously..this is garbage

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Niyo.5920

Niyo.5920

Thats only the Story mode, isn’t it?

Thats what is written in the update-notes:
“Added new Canach single-player story boss encounter.
Added explorable multiplayer variant (unlocked if you defeat Canach).
Added new single-player instance for the culmination of the story.”

Haven’t done the explorable dungeon, yet. Only the Story Mode. Don’t know if you guys talk about both or if you only made the Story Mode till now.

Posted by: bullettohead.9715

bullettohead.9715

Noll sucks complete kitten as a fight.

Half the time the mines don’t even go off.
There’s huge FPS drops because of the sparks and turrets
Being knocked down 7 times in a row isn’t fun
Too much hp

2/10, at best. Crap dungeon.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Canach story mode, easy solo job: walk to the water at the other side of the room and shoot the living daylight out of Canach. He barely responds to the beating.

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

Such a step down from the Weapons Facility.

I don’t think anybody will be disappointed when this “dungeon” disappears.

Bummer.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

Posted by: Milo Rock.2457

Milo Rock.2457

I never thought such an anti-climatic instance would be added… I mean, cmon! I wasnt interested in the story before and this certainly doesnt help, no dialogue? no story progression? This was supposed to be te climatic fight with the bad guy?
Terrible, just terrible, henious fight, i was really looking forward to this content =( dissapointed…

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s very easy. I kept messing up the land mine achievement tho but they ninja patched it.

Did anyone get a reward or popup from storymode? Wondering if my dungeon bugged 2×.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yes. 1gold 10 karka shells and a 5k karma pot

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I tried blasting him over the mines but they don’t trigger.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Niyo.5920

Niyo.5920

You have to trigger them by using the skill for the wrong mine on it. Ask Kiel, she will tell you how it works.

Posted by: Pavees.7281

Pavees.7281

I had him die purely to retaliation and this encounter is so disgustingly poor that whomever designed it has literally no idea how to program a fight. even if you fix the retaliation issue it wouldn’t change how stupidly lazy this entire fight is. I know it’s free but from a subjective standpoint of quality I GET MORE CHALLENGE out of the first level of super mario bros. 1

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

You have to trigger them by using the skill for the wrong mine on it. Ask Kiel, she will tell you how it works.

Yeah i think I’ll just Crossfire him to death.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Sinikka.2794

Sinikka.2794

I triggered them, but it didn’t seem to injure him at all. I only tried the instance twice, so maybe I just didn’t line it up well enough… but I really don’t think it worked properly for me.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The sad part is that I completed Canach’s Lair BEFORE the patch arrived, and now I can’t get the 5k Karma or the 1 gold bag of coins, or the shells.

Not that it’s that much, but it’s still meh.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

I can’t even get the mines to respond with the wrong button. I have to be standing 1mm from the reticle, not targeting anything, facing EXACTLY at the mine and even then 80% of the time it won’t work.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: knh.9378

knh.9378

literally the worst content patch ive ever had the displeasure to see.

finished that “dungeon” after 5 minutes.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Guys I know its not much, but lets be realistic. We get so much content for this game. We’ve had 2 living story updates in the period of a month. Lets just be content with this for now lol. F&F was obviously more exciting but that also was the end of a 4 month living story arc.

Posted by: bullettohead.9715

bullettohead.9715

Guys I know its not much, but lets be realistic. We get so much content for this game. We’ve had 2 living story updates in the period of a month. Lets just be content with this for now lol. F&F was obviously more exciting but that also was the end of a 4 month living story arc.

Absolutely not. I will not “be realistic”. With Flame and Frost showing us they CAN make good dungeons, this entire thing is downright atroscious. There is NO defense for their kittenty content update. I will not just sit down and say “oh okay well they tried their best”. They didn’t. This was terrible and anybody defending it is outright wrong.

Posted by: Pavees.7281

Pavees.7281

Absolutely not. I will not “be realistic”. With Flame and Frost showing us they CAN make good dungeons, this entire thing is downright atroscious. There is NO defense for their kittenty content update. I will not just sit down and say “oh okay well they tried their best”. They didn’t. This was terrible and anybody defending it is outright wrong.

No joke it’s like someone turning in a finger paint piece of paper and claiming it was really hard and you have no right to comment since it is free to look at.

Posted by: Tigera.2916

Tigera.2916

Welp, screw it… when you can set of the mines right under the guy and it does nothing, when he delights in chain-smacking you off your feet (or off your back in some cases) and where there is NOTHING else that will do any damage…

Well, that’s the time to say screw the kitten ed thing.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

No joke it’s like someone turning in a finger paint piece of paper and claiming it was really hard and you have no right to comment since it is free to look at.

i’d hate to agree here but i do.

It’s an issue of quality, this is just not up to standard.

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

This “dungeon” sucks out loud. I love you guys but this isn’t the way.

RE: Gimicky mechanic that replaces regular skills

This is fine in a mini game, it’s fine for costume brawl. It’s not fine for real content. I’ve spent a lot of time mastering my thief. I really love my toolset as a thief.

I want to do new and exciting content that challenges me to use my skills to their maximum potential in interesting ways.

I do not want to be turned into “Generic gimmick X”. This is one of the reasons the Molten Facility beats the pants off of this encounter.

For story mode you didn’t even stick with the gimicky mechanic. No one is going to use the stupid mine gun the second they realize conditions will melt Canach.

Posted by: Berobad.4536

Berobad.4536

Canach is boring, and anything but fun.

0/10 points

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The sad part is that I completed Canach’s Lair BEFORE the patch arrived, and now I can’t get the 5k Karma or the 1 gold bag of coins, or the shells.

Not that it’s that much, but it’s still meh.

Same I guess. Didn’t get anything.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Tigera.2916

No one is going to use the stupid mine gun the second they realize conditions will melt Canach.

If I’m right, the patch took that little ability out… I can’t get any conditions to apply to him at all… And with the mines not doing anything to him even when he’s on top of them when I trigger them, I’m left with a completely uncompletable “dungeon”

Well done Anet… well done.

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

I soloed, and played it in a group

Solo = Easiest 1 on 1 with Canach battle
Group= a Golem Boss, where you trick him into mines.

Both give disappointing drops, and you can get rares more effectively on the island grind than you would in this dungeon.

Soulstar.7812

There is a word for this content…. it’s like disappointed, but with less pity

This is this patch stuff.

I’m here until something better comes along… which won’t be long.

Posted by: mfernandez.4172

mfernandez.4172

made a quick video for those noobs like me who had trouble.

EROTIC DISCO HEAT [SE] [FR]
http://www.youtube.com/user/taeHocsiD

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

Today was the day we would have a Last Stand in Southsun. Here is my feedback around it.

Storywise

I was really looking forward for the story to continue on the refugees. Fire and Frost made a cool ending. Especially for free content I found it well excecuted. Storywise it was cool. And the sequel to the refugees was something I was waiting for.

I expected nothing at that point. And I was surprised. The content was challenging if you went for it the challenging way. (Find everything yourself instead of walktroughs) And talking with all the characters and NPC’s made a story whole. it. We found out that Canach was the one behind the problems on Southsun.

So just now I got the letter. I was hyping up after seeing the little teaser on the internet. It was looking cool to do. So I awaited it and I found my mail in my mailbox that Canach was found in his lair.

Canach’s Lair

Right away I did the single player mode. I went in to see two NPC’s waiting for me… I could talk to them. But they said nothing. I was like.. ok. Cool people who fight with me and help me.

So I walked around and found Canach, without any reason he attacked me. I couldn’t damage him directly so I used the mines. The mechanics where annoying. The music in the background wasn’t even there and the fight was far from story driven. At some point he died from walking in his own mines. And the would be genius got trapped by the Lion’s Guard. He was talking about his plans which would seem that some targets would going to happen and the contracts would be destroyed at some point. Freeing the Refugees from their commitment towards the Consortium.

We already know that the contracts will be fine, because the achievement is telling that us.

The whole story is in my opinion gone now. We didn’t got cool cinematics or something like that. We just randomly did everything. Not to speak to the Subdirector NULL fight. Which also could have been GOLEM X. This content wasn’t epic. Was far from it enjoyable. And was just bad, really bad.

The Secret of Southun gains my blessing. I liked the Crabtoss. Storywise it was cool to follow but could have been better due cinematics. People don’t tend to read everything. The Last Stand at Southun is just plain horrible at this moment. Not everything is ready, no Karka Queen or Contracts.

But the excecution of this update wasn’t good. I know, we should be thankfull for everything we get. I mean it is free. But no, this wasn’t good at all.

I hope it gave some insight in what went wrong.
But what could have been better?

- Less RNG
Gives us more fixed rewards instead of RNG Crates. Give us tickets to choose or own skins. Or even make Light/Medium/Heavy armor themed sets to buy in the gem store.

- Better ways of story telling
To make the site also a medium of story telling. You lose some of the people who only play the game and read the story in the game. Make it so they actually are focused in the story by making cinematics!

- Better mechanics in Boss Fights
Make fights more epic. Find more mechanics like they do in World of Warcraft. It has tactics. This is something I also would love to see more in the dungeons we have now.

- When content isn’t finished: Delay it.
In MY opinion this content wasn’t finished. It could have been waaaaaay better. I think that somehow had some issues. The whole release feels clunky and the dungeon feels like a beta phase.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Turgon.8625

Turgon.8625

I created a topic during F&F to discuss the merits/flaws of ending primarily solo content with a 5 man dungeon. It turned out to be a pretty contentious topic.

Whether this new ending structure to Southsun was a response to that or planned all along I think it is a great format.

Single player instance that tops off the story for those who cannot fathom entering a 5 man dungeon and an explorable mode on the side for those who do. Thats perfect imo.

Thanks Anet. Jus’ throwin’ it out there that I love that direction!

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Yup, I don’t really understand the people that found MF hard or a group hard to find, but it is good that they are paying attention to those people.

Tigera.2916

A video of how to do the MP dungeon will help everyone to finish the SOLO dungeon…

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

No one is going to use the stupid mine gun the second they realize conditions will melt Canach.

If I’m right, the patch took that little ability out… I can’t get any conditions to apply to him at all… And with the mines not doing anything to him even when he’s on top of them when I trigger them, I’m left with a completely uncompletable “dungeon”

Well done Anet… well done.

Yep dots no longer work.

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

I’m not sure it CAN be done solo—————————since Canach is totally invulnerable to ANY damage (even his own mines). —-————-another prime example of the “cure being worse than the disease”———-“yes Igor, the brain transplant was a success———-but the patient died (of heart failure)”

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

To kill him with the mines, use the 1 skill on the detector to reveal the mines, and look for the ones with a bomb symbol at the top, then use your #2 skill(or whichever skill has the bomb sign) on it, and go stand right next to it once it turns green, when Canach comes over it will explode and damage him.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Soulstar.7812

I’m not sure it CAN be done solo—————————since Canach is totally invulnerable to ANY damage (even his own mines). —-————-another prime example of the “cure being worse than the disease”———-“yes Igor, the brain transplant was a success———-but the patient died (of heart failure)”

I am a engineer, and horrible at games and can’t dodge.

I beat Canach.

Sooooo…..

Tigera.2916

To kill him with the mines, use the 1 skill on the detector to reveal the mines, and look for the ones with a bomb symbol at the top, then use your #2 skill(or whichever skill has the bomb sign) on it, and go stand right next to it once it turns green, when Canach comes over it will explode and damage him.

And that is how to do it… quite different to how people have been saying you have to do it. (use the wrong skill to trigger the mine when Canach is next to it) Something tells me that Anet didn’t make it clear enough.

It’s still a crap dungeon though.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Very disappointed.

It feels like you guys have a crew of 5 people working on GW2. I have very little reason to buy gems and supporting you.

Posted by: Izichial.3056

Izichial.3056

The sad part is that standing on top of a rock and spamming conditions on him for 15min is still a more fun way of doing the dungeon that the “correct” way.

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Okay, you obviously didn’t figure out the mechanics.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO FIGHT THIS NUDE.

You want as much freakin’ toughness and vitality as you can get. This is the first non-DPS dungeon in the game. Well, non-player-DPS anyway.

The fight with him is all about turning mines green and luring him over them. Just hit 1 on the mine detector and then match the symbol with the disable. Land mines (bomb) use 2, gas mines (green skull) use 3, and caltrops (uh…caltrops) use 4.

Glance down at the chat box from time to time. When you see him getting ready to detonate all his mines, just run to any of the many places where there are no nearby mines and wait. Maybe read a book while you wait. Do your nails…pick belly lint…

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?