Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

Deep Cuts increases bleeding duration by 50%, why so much?, Serrated Stones and Hemophilia increase is only 20%, no wonder condition warriors are so cheesy to play.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I wonder if there is like this rotating wheel, with dozens of different things about the warrior from minor traits to individual weapon attacks, that anti-warrior individuals walk up to and spin. And once the wheel stops, they will complain about that on the balance forum. No matter what it is.

Because that is what this seems to be. It’s gotta be real, right? Tell me someone put you up to complaining about Warrior Deep Cuts of all things.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

It’s the bare minimum amount (30%) better than other classes’ corresponding traits as per warrior design philosophy.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

I wonder if there is like this rotating wheel, with dozens of different things about the warrior from minor traits to individual weapon attacks, that anti-warrior individuals walk up to and spin. And once the wheel stops, they will complain about that on the balance forum. No matter what it is.

Because that is what this seems to be. It’s gotta be real, right? Tell me someone put you up to complaining about Warrior Deep Cuts of all things.

This ^^^

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

The answer to this is simple.

Warriors only have access to 3 out of 5 DoT conditions through weapon Skills (Bleed, Burn and Torment). They gain access to Confusion through a Strength Master Trait.
Compare to Necromancer, who has access to Bleeding, Poison and Torment, and can trait for Burning and Fear.
Compare to the Elementalist Trait which also Increases Damage to Bleeding targets as well.

There’s your answer.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

The way I see it is that it’s really more the principle than anything else. Things like this and Dogged March just give the impression that warriors are supposed to have easier access to skill and trait modifications than other classes, which leaves them more room to incorporate more different elements into a given build.

There’s a big difference between having a class that’s easy to learn and a class that’s easy to excel with, and Anet seems to be unaware of this when it comes to their balancing of the warrior.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The answer to this is simple.

Warriors only have access to 3 out of 5 DoT conditions through weapon Skills (Bleed, Burn and Torment). They gain access to Confusion through a Strength Master Trait.
Compare to Necromancer, who has access to Bleeding, Poison and Torment, and can trait for Burning and Fear.
Compare to the Elementalist Trait which also Increases Damage to Bleeding targets as well.

There’s your answer.

Ele says hello with just Burning and Bleeding. So we have even less so why is ours LESS duration? then again Warrior have better health, armor, mobility and damage and a very broken Healing Signet…

Them having 3 of the 5 DoT shouldn’t mean they get MORE than other classes that have VERY limited access. You also missed out that they can have access to Confusion via a trait which is 4 stacks for 8 seconds and no ICD….

So while you have access to Torment, Confusion, Burning and Bleeding excluding Sigils and ruins. Ele has Burning and Bleeding….So you think that while you have more of everything you still have BETTER condition bleeding trait?

Ooo, a 5% damage increase…I say remove that and make it a 50% duration.

(edited by ArmageddonAsh.6430)

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Deep Cuts increases bleeding duration by 50%, why so much?, Serrated Stones and Hemophilia increase is only 20%, no wonder condition warriors are so cheesy to play.

Lets see: Deep Cuts…Warrior…low condi class

Hemophelia…Necromancer…high condi class

Serrated Stones…Elementalist…extra 5% damage to bleeding targets

You seem to have left out that little tidbit.

You need to re-examine traits as part of the class and not as a direct comparison. Then you need to stop crying about war’s condi builds being OP. If wars win against you because of bleed, you’re doing something wrong.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Ele says hello with just Burning and Bleeding. So we have even less so why is ours LESS duration? then again Warrior have better health, armor, mobility and damage and a very broken Healing Signet…

the answer is quite simple;

it is warriors / ele we are talking about

If there is something I have learn playing since Beta is: Warriors gets all nice things and ele gets the boot.

Mobility? Well, sword #2 on warrior or GS #3 & #5 is a RtL minus the entire “double the CD if it doesnt hit”. Oh but its ok, eles have great regeneration without having to burn any CD, have the highest Hp and armor in the game, couple with point-and-click skills and can escape at will, on top of 7 secs huge PBAoE stun and blast finishers….oh wait..

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

The way I see it is that it’s really more the principle than anything else. Things like this and Dogged March just give the impression that warriors are supposed to have easier access to skill and trait modifications than other classes, which leaves them more room to incorporate more different elements into a given build.

There’s a big difference between having a class that’s easy to learn and a class that’s easy to excel with, and Anet seems to be unaware of this when it comes to their balancing of the warrior.

Their addition of Dogged March is a shining example of how they misunderstood the issue, and continue to.

The problem with balance is ranged condi application and kiting. Its an issue that permeates GW2, yet they considered it to be a warrior-only issue. So they gave the war tools to combat condis (Cleansing Ire and Dogged March) while leaving everyone else in the stagnate pool of ‘kite+condi or die’.

What they should do is remove the regen from DM, remove the adrenaline on hit of CI, and allow Vitality (the stat, not the base HP) to combat incoming condition damage in a way similar to Toughness.

Reasoning: burst condi removal is good. Burst condi removal with an OP method of generating Adrenaline is bad. Duration reduction of cc condi application is good. Reduction of soft-cc with an unneeded increase in survivability is bad.

(edited by Redscope.6215)

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Their addition of Dogged March is a shining example of how they misunderstood the issue, and continue to.

The problem with balance is ranged condi application and kiting. Its an issue that permeates GW2, yet they considered it to be a warrior-only issue. So they gave the war tools to combat condis (Cleansing Ire and Dogged March) while leaving everyone else in the stagnate pool of ‘kite+condi or die’.

What they should do is remove the regen from DM, remove the adrenaline on hit of CI, and allow Vitality (the stat, not the base HP) to combat incoming condition damage in a way similar to Toughness.

Reasoning: burst condi removal is good. Burst condi removal with an OP method of generating Adrenaline is bad. Duration reduction of cc condi application is good. Reduction of soft-cc with an unneeded increase in survivability is bad.

TBH idk, i think Cleansing Ire, Adrenaline gain is good where it is. it used to be it’s own trait before. When you play a melee class,, how will you make use of Cleansing Ire when you can’t hit anything with the absurd amount of Lockdown conditions. There’s also the condition that you have to hit your burst to clear conditions too, so anything that isn’t Hammer or LB gets screwed over. I would not mind the removal of Regen on dogged march.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

I think it’s because Sword/mh used to apply bleeds way slower when Final Thrust was still on the chain skill and also probably because Flurry, as a skill, is pretty weak if you don’t have any condition duration to support it.

Also Warrios didn’t had acces to Torment before, Distracting Strike was less powerfull, and so he was dealing most of his condition damage trough slow application of long duration bleeds.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

You wanna know what is UP? The fact that the sword on warrior is a “Hybrid” weapon but only has one skill that affects it damage wise (10% crit chance on sword).

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

This ^^^

I’ve also found that your theory must be correct. Only way to explain all this.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I find it funny that people can find a adept +50% bleed duration trait in a condition trait line, the most normal thing in the world while +40% condition food is one of the most hated things in the community.

As an extra illustration: those 10 trait points spend are less then 2 sigils and six runes from a bleed build point of view. (take sigil of accuracy and earth, 2* runes of the centaur, 2* runes of the afflicted and 2* runes of the krait).

EverythingOP

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Introp.8465

Introp.8465

the answer is quite simple;

it is warriors / ele we are talking about

If there is something I have learn playing since Beta is: Warriors gets all nice things and ele gets the boot.

Mobility? Well, sword #2 on warrior or GS #3 & #5 is a RtL minus the entire “double the CD if it doesnt hit”. Oh but its ok, eles have great regeneration without having to burn any CD, have the highest Hp and armor in the game, couple with point-and-click skills and can escape at will, on top of 7 secs huge PBAoE stun and blast finishers….oh wait..

Oh, so you are telling gs/ham/sword + x build is op?
wait its 3 sets of weapons?
DO you know that only swords and lb has condis in them, so how warrior is op mobile with it? only sword 2.
Who the kitten would take gs into condi build? thread is about condis, not another – higher that stat than x thread.
7s aoe stun is 7s cd if traited 30 points into a tree, which has nothing to offer for condi builds tbh, only 15 points into wep swap.

condi warrior is strong, but only if he has lb in it, only sword/sword would not work. and its only bleed duration – increased damage of sword 1 and 5 and lb 5. You know how easy is to cleanse 1 condi?

but if you compare condi warrior to ele, why not compare it to condi necro or engis? sounds reasonable as well

I find it funny that people can find a adept +50% bleed duration trait in a condition trait line, the most normal thing in the world while +40% condition food is one of the most hated things in the community.

As an extra illustration: those 10 trait points spend are less then 2 sigils and six runes from a bleed build point of view. (take sigil of accuracy and earth, 2* runes of the centaur, 2* runes of the afflicted and 2* runes of the krait).

and do you realise that bleed is 1 condition out of 8?

(edited by Introp.8465)

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Ele’s base duration on bleeds is already long anyway and you can sneeze and apply burning on someone. You can also increase burning by an additional 25% via trait.

Deep cuts isn’t OP bleeding is usually one of the first to get cleaned since you keep refreshing it in queue it stays in it’s position so if it isn’t cleansed immediately it usually is the next one.

Any condition player worth his salt knows that it is all about cover conditions anyway.

Take a warrior run deep cuts on a condition build don’t stack anything else and just try to kill people with bleeds see how well that goes.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Lucentfir.7430

40% across all conditions compared to 50% on one condition. Also Adept trait comparing to food. Necro and Engi condition overload :/. Runes are also being changed so you can’t mix and match them as effectively(You’ll probabaly be able to mix and match still, just more limited options.)

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Because the length of bleeds on weapon set are no where close to viable for what the weapon does, they can increase the length of bleeds on weapon and decrease the rate of this trait, but then, the weapon will do too much condition damage without specing in to condition build. this trait is there, pretty much to divide a condition build and a non condition build

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Warriors are dependent on bleeds for condition damage. They have very limited access to other conditions, so to make things fair the Warrior’s “only” condition is buffed.

I don’t see why you can scream OP in comparison to a Necro – Put a condition Necro against a condition Warrior of equal skill and the Necro will win all day long.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Lucentfir.7430

Warriors are dependent on bleeds for condition damage. They have very limited access to other conditions, so to make things fair the Warrior’s “only” condition is buffed.

I don’t see why you can scream OP in comparison to a Necro – Put a condition Necro against a condition Warrior of equal skill and the Necro will win all day long.

^This, a pure Condi Warrior will get wrecked by a necro as long as they aren’t really bad. Just transfer all those bleed stacks back at the warrior and watch him fall apart. I’ve had it done to me before in the past.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

And really, that’s how it should be. Necros are designed to be the masters of conditions, and any time you challenge a master in their own field, you are in for an exceedingly rough time. Condi warriors can beat condi necros, but it is one of the hardest fights they will have and their chances for winning, assuming equal skill, are quite slim.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Well, this is not the case. Otherwise they would only have Bleeding. They Also have access to Burning, Torment and Confusion alone. Ignoring Sigils, Rune set and such. they are FAR from reliant on one condition, if that is the case – the others can be removed.

After all, dont need a 12 second 5 stack Torment on a 15second cool down (before any traits or anything) if they rely on Bleeding, this could easily be reduced to say 1 stack 10seconds. After all, its just there to cover the bleeding right…

The Confusion, that could be reduced to 1 stack because again just there to cover the bleeding and thus this doesnt need to be doing anywhere near as much damage, right?

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Eles have less access to damaging conditions, AND have the hardest time keeping bleed and burn both up. Which is why there is no ele condition build outside of people gimping themselves.

Oh and Impale is INSANELY OVERPOWERED.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Lucentfir.7430

Compared to other skills, Warrior’s only Sources of bleeds come from sword 1, Rifle 1, and LB 5 and on crit minor trait in arms traitline.

I will admit eles have a awful time stacking bleeds, outside of Scepter, but their burning application is one of the best. They lack a third damaging condition, that would make them very potent(i’ve faced eles running perplexity before and it can bet pretty brutal, due to all the healing capablities they have access too, if you’re melee playstyle.) I think the only thing Ele needs to be good for a condition build is for them to get easier access to bleeding, or to speed up the Attack speed on earth autos (Scepter Earth 1, and Dagger, Earth 1) and probably bump up the bleed from 1 stack to three stacks of bleed on Earth Dagger 2

Necros have a crap ton of bleeds in their set and Scepter chain has all damaging conditions tied to it (2 Stacks of Bleeds, and Poison), Scepter two also bleeds, and if you run off hand Dagger Enfeebling blood. At least 5+ in curses on crit bleed stacks. They also have torment tied into DS. Depedning on the build Necros also have burning, and even more damage tied into it when they have Terror.

Most of the bleeds other classes have, have it at ranged, able to apply it safely. Sword bleeds are melee. it all boils down to usability and play in game. Also Confusion access requires 20 in strength so you’ll either be sacrificing off-hand sword for Sheild(Lose torment for Shield stance, and Shield Bash for Confusion application), or you’ll be sacrificing Longbow, so you can use hammer. Either way you’ll lose out on condition application

Hambow- Confusion, Burning, 6 Stack of bleeds(not reliable and only one time stacking) (No Torment, no good stacking bleed ramp ups)

S+Sh/LB- Bleeds(reliable stacking),Burning, Confusion(1 time access with shield bash that requires interrupt) (Not worth the 20 point investment for confusion, no torment),

Hammer/ S+Sh- Bleeds(reliable application), Confusion(decent application through interrupts), (no torment, no burning,)

Hammer/ Dual Sword – Bleeds(Reliable Application), Torment, Confusion(Hammer Interrupts only unless you take Physical utilites or rampage) (No burning)

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shroomer.8645

Shroomer.8645

In order for this trait to be assessed as OP, we should be reminded what its intentional effect was at release, since it has not been changed since. At launch, the Warrior could only bleed from swords (main hand and offhand), rifle auto attack, and crits from the trait “Precise Strikes”. Let’s take a look:

Sword 1 Chain: One 8 second bleed, followed by another 8 second bleed on the second attack. The third attack now does cripple, but used to do a nice chunk of power damage. With “Deep Cuts”, this attack now applies one 12 second bleed per swing. It makes a normally weightless auto attack become a threat, since the Warrior has to be at close range to apply it.

Sword 4: Impale used to be 4 stacks of 12 second bleeds being applied over time (source). Increasing that to 18 seconds would make one individual bleed a problem, since the rest would be cleared. (Note: This does not bleed anymore and instead applies 2 stacks of 12 second Torment and 3 more 12 second stacks over time.)

Sword 5: Riposte is also 4 stacks for 12 seconds, but instant. Upping it to 18 makes it lethal, but getting hit by Riposte should be punished, since it requires a close range block to deliver the bleeds.

Sword F1: Flurry is 8 stacks of bleeds lasting 2 seconds long. This attack is the strongest argument to why “Deep Cuts” is a 50% duration increase. Deep Cuts ups this to 3 seconds, resulting in a full tick of damage added on. Any less and the extra bleed duration would be for show.

Rifle 1: One bleed for 6 seconds, upped to 9 with “Deep Cuts”. Because everyone uses the Rifle for condi builds. Bleeds here are more for cover up on the cripples and vulnerability the Rifle provides.

Precise Strikes adds a 3 second bleed on a 33% chance on crit. This one is strange, since it adds 1 1/2 seconds to bleeding, making it 4 1/2 seconds, wasting a half a second. This could flow more.

Deep Cuts, with these examples, show that it rewarded players in melee range with a sword with, preferably, high crit chance. High risk, high reward.

Now, however, is different. Impale now does Torment, so no more bleeds there. But, Pin Down on the Longbow is a different story. It used to be just an immobilize. Let’s take a look at it now.

Longbow 5: Pin Down applies immobilize and 6 stacks of 12 second bleeds. Upped to 18 seconds with Deep Cuts. At range. Ouch.

Now we can see why condition Warriors suddenly became popular. Adding an animation and a longer cast time with this skill is a great way to go, since it is an obvious big hitter, but 18+ seconds of 6 stacks of bleeding with one push of a button is ridiculous to read, and most of us can see the effects, especially since it comes with immobilize and is easily followed up by a blind and possibly burning too! The Longbow was meant to cover up the bleeds but instead adds more stacks of bleeding faster than two swords, all while being at long range.

TL:DR; Deep Cuts was meant for the sword bleeds. The buff to Pin Down could have been too much.

Proposed changes:
1. Decrease the bleed duration on “Pin Down”.

With the new animation being added to “Pin Down”, another nerf may not be needed. However, getting blindsided by one “Pin Down” is still enough alone to kill someone, since other conditions will be applied with it.

2. New “Deep Cuts”: Bleeds applied from swords last 50% longer.
Possibly Increase “Precise Strikes” duration from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
Possibly New “Impale” adds one stack of bleeding for 12 seconds on impact and 4 stacks of 12 second Torment over time.

This more drastic change would keep “Deep Cuts” where it should be, with swords. This could make “Precise Strikes” less useful, so a tiny buff could be implemented. The new “Impale” I added is just a slight damage nerf (Or buff with “Deep Cuts”?) is to keep the sword bleeds more obvious for this trait.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

To be fair, warriors never actually had torment when this trait was invented, so that wasn’t likely factored into it.

Additionally, most bleeding abilities for warriors come from melee ranged attacks, whereas necros, eles, engineers, thieves, rangers, and even mesmers primarily apply their bleeds with ranged attacks. The warrior can apply bleeds easily at range with the rifle, but most warriors won’t use rifle in a bleed focused build.

Since melee weapon abilities generally have superior damage to balance them out with ranged attacks, it makes some sense that the conditions applied by melee abilities are also more powerful overall.

I guess the problem I see with this is that the warrior’s bleeds on the sword already have a high base duration (8 seconds on the auto-attack), so the +50% can be incredibly powerful. Even just having +20% would be powerful with such a high base duration. These attacks also cleave, so the warrior can apply the bleeds to multiple foes.

Compare this to the engineer’s explosive shot, which only has a 2 second bleed, which is only applied to enemies that are directly hit and not in the AoE. Even though the engineer has a ranged attack, they would need to hit 4 times to inflict the same amount of bleeding the warrior does in one attack.

Even the rifle has a 6 second bleed on its auto attack compared to the engineer’s 2 seconds, and it also has superior direct damage and range.

Now pin down on the longbow is where I feel it really starts to get OP since the base duration is 12 seconds for 6 stacks of bleed (which apparently also pierces enemies according to the wiki). Taking deep cuts results in 18 seconds of bleeding for those same 6 stacks, which amounts to an additional 1530 overall damage with zero condition damage. If you consider a warrior with, say, 1600 condition damage, that trait causes pin down to deal an additional 4420 damage over its total duration.

So it is quite a bit of extra damage for a 10 point trait.

It’s even worse in WvW where you can get to 100% bleeding duration with next to no effort due to consumables. In conjunction with a doom sigil, you can also have very high poison uptime. Maybe the trait is a bit more balanced in sPvP where those super long condition durations don’t exist.

The major downsides to it are that it means a lot of the warrior’s damage is tied up in a single condition (which can be cleansed), and it also means that they will generally need to tick for a fair bit of time to do their full damage.

Now I guess they are nerfing pin down by giving it a bigger wind up, but there’s basically no reason to not take this trait if you’re a condition build. It’s kind of like how incendiary powder used to be for the engineers, although now some people don’t take it anymore because it was upped to master tier (most people still take it, although they generally have to give up something meaningful for it now). I think most condition builds go deep into arms anyways though, so I don’t know if swapping around the trait tiers would even really amount to much.

IMO, if they reduced it to like 20% or even 30%, condi warriors would still be very functional.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

One good analasys of the bleeds of a warrior, I also like your idea of impale but not that of precise strikes ,but one thing 8 sec of bleed weightless??
I can question that since people are complaining of scepter autoattack and that’s only half the bleed. That aside though there are alternatives to make for deep cuts:

3. remove stacks from pin down but keep the duration: 6 secs stack of condition + immobilize is a lot for a single skill so maybe we could change this to 5~3 (imo 4).

4. change deep cuts to +50% bleeding duration while wielding a sword. It’s very similar to 2 but it includes precise strikes but also sigil of earth.

5. change deep cuts to increased bleeding duration on sword skills and balance for each skill differently, it does not count for the bleeding duration cap as an example see lingering curse. That way you can give flurry 50% while giving the others around 25% duration. The fact that it does not fill in towards the cap of 100% can make it too strong but it can be switched with blademaster in that case.

6. change bleeding cuts to 30%.

EverythingOP

(edited by Tim.6450)

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shroomer.8645

Shroomer.8645

It makes sense to state that the bleeds are very long duration. 12 seconds on an auto attack is very long, but the sword main hand alone doesn’t do much else. There is Flurry, but Savage Leap is a cripple and Final Thrust is pure power. There needs to be something strong there to make opponents think “I should get away from this Warrior.” I would argue a shorter duration would make the weapon simply not strong enough .

Compare this to the engineer’s explosive shot, which only has a 2 second bleed, which is only applied to enemies that are directly hit and not in the AoE. Even though the engineer has a ranged attack, they would need to hit 4 times to inflict the same amount of bleeding the warrior does in one attack.

Your point is totally valid, but I think it lies more toward that skill requiring a buff. However, that pistol can also apply blindness, confusion and poison. The sword can only apply bleeds and cripples.

I can question that since people are complaining of scepter autoattack and that’s only half the bleed.

The issue with that auto attack is that it ends with poison, which is a new damaging condition into the mix at range. The chance on crit for bleeds is also higher (50%) and it can be paired with Dhuumfire for 3 damaging conditions on just auto attacks. Thank goodness that nerf is inbound.

I would agree with less bleed stacks on Pin Down, but it gets rid of some of the need to dodge that attack, especially with this unknown animation inbound. I really like

4. change deep cuts to +50% bleeding duration while wielding a sword. It’s very similar to 2 but it includes precise strikes but also sigil of earth.

Can they do that?

(edited by Shroomer.8645)

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Serrated stones also increase damage to bleeding foes. Eles also have traits to increase burning duration.

Hemophilia is a necro trait. Necros are faster to aply conditions and have access to more of them.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

s/s is weak, even with Deep Cuts on. Many warrior builds simply skip that trait because it is not needed. There’s a rule about stacking condi duration in pvp: don’t bother with anything longer than 10 seconds, because that’s about how long it takes for skills/traits to cleanse them.
Deep Cuts is good with Geomancy Sigil because it greatly increases the damage per swap.
FYI, a mace/sword condi build is much, much, much stronger than s/s condi build, with/without Deep Cuts.

Griften

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

There’s your answer.

Rofl.

CONDI ELE SO OP MANG

MUST HAVE TRAIT 10/10 WOULD GO 30 IN EARTH

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Are there any warriors that even picking this OP trait?

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Lucentfir.7430

There’s your answer.

Rofl.

CONDI ELE SO OP MANG

Post like this lead me to believe soon enough Ele players, will have the old Warrior attitude, that the warrior sub forum had. The cycle is repeating itself.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Many warrior builds simply skip that trait because it is not needed.

Actually, nearly all condi warrior builds I’ve seen use deep cuts. The only ones I’ve seen that don’t really use it are some mace-focused confusion builds and a weird rifle-longbow hybrid build I once saw.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

There’s your answer.

Rofl.

CONDI ELE SO OP MANG

Post like this lead me to believe soon enough Ele players, will have the old Warrior attitude, that the warrior sub forum had. The cycle is repeating itself.

How so, mr. heavy player? Condition elementalist isn’t remotely viable, not even in pve. I found it laughable how that warrior fanboy brought up that random trait in his defense as if it was supposed to mean anything, or as if any decent ele used it.

Edit: just noticed that he also called necro’s fear a “dot”.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

(edited by Razor.6392)

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Serrated stones also increase damage to bleeding foes. Eles also have traits to increase burning duration.

Hemophilia is a necro trait. Necros are faster to aply conditions and have access to more of them.

Serrated Stones increases your physical, non-condition damage to targets that are bleeding. Why would a condition build want that? Also no one takes the Burning duration trait because it sucks, like most of the Fire traits.

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Lucentfir.7430

There’s your answer.

Rofl.

CONDI ELE SO OP MANG

How so, mr. heavy player? Condition elementalist isn’t remotely viable, not even in pve. I found it laughable how that warrior fanboy brought up that random trait in his defense as if it was supposed to mean anything, or as if any decent ele used it.

Edit: just noticed that he also called necro’s fear a “dot”.

Well the posting style is what makes me say this, reminds me when Warriors were underpowered compared to the other classes. It’s already known Condition elementalist isn’t optimal, and I’ve infact tried out a condition based Ele with Dire and Carrion with 30 in earth(I switched afterwards to something more bursty damage). I think the point he was trying to get to was there was a additional effect attached to the bleed trait. As far as Fear goes with necro, if they Have Terror int heir specs it basically turns Fear into another DoT

Why is Deep Cuts so OP?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zutha.5091

Zutha.5091

People complain about warriors because it’s designed for the mental ability of a 5 year old, and is 1 of the most strongest classes.