Arcane Spell Revamp:

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Animation:
Animations are changed so it looks like your gathering energy during channel, each one looks like different kinds of energy

This redoes the Arcane traits to be their own special spells. You can precast these spells for one big burst.

Arcane Shield (This skill is now an elite skill and its cool-down has been reduced to 60 seconds, it does the same thing as before.)

Arcane Power (2¾ Cast Time, 1 second cool-down.)
Your next four spells do critical damage.
Charges: 4

Arcane Blast (2¾ Cast Time, 1 second cool-down.)
Your next six attacks additionally blast your foe with energy for critical damage.
Damage: 263
Charges: 6
Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile (20% Chance.)
Range: 1,500

Arcane Wave (2¾ Cast Time, 1 second cool-down.)
Your next three attacks additionally blast nearby foes with an energy wave for critical damage.
Damage: 428
Charges: 3
Combo Finisher: Blast (20% Chance.)
Range: 360

Elemental Surge
Based on attunement, arcane skills cause:
Fire: Torment for 2 seconds.
Water: Vulnerability for 4 seconds.
Air: Weakness for 5 second. (10 second internal cool-down.)
Earth: Cripple for 5 second. (10 second internal cool-down.)

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Turning Arcane Wave’s blast into a chance is a pretty hard nerf, by the way.

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

Turning Arcane Wave’s blast into a chance is a pretty hard nerf, by the way.

Look how many times ya can use it though.

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Yeah, we need more spam to compete in this spam meta… u_u

Edit: never mind massive cast times wut?

Edit2: those numbers are too high too, bring able to insta kill people with air spike burst every 5 seconds too op.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Why would fire cause Torment?
If Arcane Shield is made into an Elite, what would replace it?
Why would I want to have to gamble with a Blast finisher, when it’s a core aspect of gameplay? (3x 20% chance vs 1x 100% chance? Latter, please)
I see you’re trying to make them work like Mantras. Not as useful as it may look, as you will have to stop DPSing to charge them everytime they come of CD’s. There’s a reason Mantras aren’t popular on Mesmers.
Why does a range factor play in on Arcane Blast, if it’s only an addition to Weapon Skills? And how would it act as a Projectile finisher if it was triggered with say Flame Burst or Blinding Flash?

The idea of buffing Arcane Skills is one I’m all for, but I wouldn’t use them if they looked like this in the end.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Posted by: histerico.6153

histerico.6153

I prefer to keep the arcane skills instant cast. Once you use all your charges you have to go through an almost three second cast time. This seems like it’s just an elementalist version of mesmer mantras.

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

Why not keep them as they are ut add an extra effect. Crit chance is completely useless when using those so why not use that as the chance to proc an extra effect?

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

Yep, because it wouldn’t be a Daecollo ele post without being stupidly OP.

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axelifus.3269

Axelifus.3269

Also now ether renewal is an arcane healing skill that gives stability and protection as it channels, both are unstealable and undispelable. 5 points into arcane.

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

Why would fire cause Torment?
If Arcane Shield is made into an Elite, what would replace it?
Why would I want to have to gamble with a Blast finisher, when it’s a core aspect of gameplay? (3x 20% chance vs 1x 100% chance? Latter, please)
I see you’re trying to make them work like Mantras. Not as useful as it may look, as you will have to stop DPSing to charge them everytime they come of CD’s. There’s a reason Mantras aren’t popular on Mesmers.
Why does a range factor play in on Arcane Blast, if it’s only an addition to Weapon Skills? And how would it act as a Projectile finisher if it was triggered with say Flame Burst or Blinding Flash?

The idea of buffing Arcane Skills is one I’m all for, but I wouldn’t use them if they looked like this in the end.

When you use a weapon skill, it would fire off those additionally as extra attacks. So for example if you used “Flamestrike.” it would additionally shoot an “Arcane Wave” or “Arcane Blast.” or both if you have both of them activated.

Fire would cause Torment because Ele already has tons of Burning Access, i’d rather it cause Torment instead. So you have burning and torment, instead of just lots of useless burning.

The effects are actually quite powerful that is why you have to take time to cast them.

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

Yeah, we need more spam to compete in this spam meta… u_u

Edit: never mind massive cast times wut?

Edit2: those numbers are too high too, bring able to insta kill people with air spike burst every 5 seconds too op.

This would be most viable staying in “1 or 2 Attunements”, so you have your 5 skills and those arcane skills.

Its not spam its more of a rotation, you have to build up your skills and then fire them off in a burst. If you spammed “Arcane Blast” for example, you would just refresh the stacks up to ‘6’. If you just spammed it over and over you would be doing nothing.

Its not too high damage, because your taking your time building up your damage instead of just spamming 1. So its good for enemies like Rangers/Warriors with lots of passive regen, Thieves who stealth a lot and are only vulnerable for a short period of time, Mesmers who are only vulnerable for a short period.

It is a lot of Bursty Damage, however because you have to build up for it, its Balanced.

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Imo the only reasonable change they should do to arcane skills is give them a very small cast time to prevent instagib burst, but at the same time reduce some recharges to give them a lot more synergy with their related traits. There’s a reason nobody uses this:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Energy

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

Daecollo, why don’t you start a kickstarter project and make your own games, with your own balance and ideas? I’m sure you will get “a lot” of support…

No but seriously, those treads you are always starting are realy getting ridiculous and out of hands. None of your ideas are even fonctional, mostly because they are outright stupid or disbalanced, so do you realy expect an elementalist to cast 8,25sec of his time to get a short Uberburst? How is this even interesting in any practical sense?

Let me take a exemple : Do you see a lot of Mesmer playing with mantras right now? The answer is no, you don’t because the cast time is horrible and you are very susceptible during the recovering time and they also offer very little utility compared to the rest of the Mesmer tricks. You are asking to change Arcane skills into Mantras, wich almost nobody uses!

Arcane skills are different, they have very limited utility and are a bit underpowered unless you go deep into the arcane traitline, wich turns them into very versatile powers that can both be used offensively or defensively, unless you take evasive arcana, wich almost everybody does…

While arcane skills may use some help especialy on some of their cooldowns (arcane blast and shield more in particularity) they do not need a complete redesign. They are fine by design but just need a couple of tweeks right and left before they are balanced between each others and the other professions.

(edited by Ambrecombe.4398)

Arcane Spell Revamp:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axelifus.3269

Axelifus.3269

Yep, because it wouldn’t be a Daecollo suggestion post without being stupid.

fix’d