Elementalist Race

Elementalist Race

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilverRule.7426

SilverRule.7426

Simply curious as to what people think of this. Which race best suits an elementalist? I see the Norn and Sylvari as being the prime candidates because the Norn are more shamanistic, and they can turn into animals which is friking cool, and the Sylvari because they are intimately linked with nature. Just wondering what others think.

Elementalist Race

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tesla.1427

Tesla.1427

I have to say that humans make a lot of sense for elementalist, given the five True Gods and all that. Balthazar, Grenth, Dwayna, Melandru = fire, ice, water, earth. Not entirely sure which would fit air… maybe Lyssa? Dunno. The kittenin’ coffee is wearing off, so I’m sleepy. xD

Just my thought, though. Kinda fits, no?

Elementalist Race

in Elementalist

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

The shaman idea is cool. I made a sylvari elementalist and it didn’t do it for me, there’s only a few leafy armors anyways. I rolled Asura masterrace elementalist. The mini caster beats every option all the time forever. I haven’t enjoyed Asura more. It is all preference however, Norn have cool shaman armors for light armor and doesn’t look as weird as I thought they would. Plus asuras are masters of magi-tech, only makes sense that they are masters of raw magic POWAR

Elementalist Race

in Elementalist

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I made a Sylvari Ele, because I thought it fit the elements/nature concept. She’s one of my favorite characters that I’ve ever made.

I have to say that humans make a lot of sense for elementalist, given the five True Gods and all that. Balthazar, Grenth, Dwayna, Melandru = fire, ice, water, earth. Not entirely sure which would fit air… maybe Lyssa? Dunno. The kittenin’ coffee is wearing off, so I’m sleepy. xD

Just my thought, though. Kinda fits, no?

Well, in terms of lore I’m relatively sure that Balthazar was the patron of fire Eles, Dwayna for air, Melandru for earth, and Grenth for water.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Elementalist Race

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

For humans, it’s actually:

Balthazar: Fire
Dwayna: Air
Melandru: Earth
Grenth: Ice
Lyssa (Formerly Abbadon): Water

But I agree that I think of humans when Elementalists come up, sylvari coming in second. Their magic is flashy and wondrous, definitely something I can see humans and Sylvari appreciating

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Elementalist Race

in Elementalist

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

For humans, it’s actually:

Balthazar: Fire
Dwayna: Air
Melandru: Earth
Grenth: Ice
Lyssa (Formerly Abbadon): Water

But I agree that I think of humans when Elementalists come up, sylvari coming in second. Their magic is flashy and wondrous, definitely something I can see humans and Sylvari appreciating

I forgot about Abbadon being the ye olde God of Water. But Grenth, as the God of Ice and Death, was the patron god of water Eles in the original Guild Wars. Water magic just included ice as part of the package.

If it’s moved over to Lyssa now, I think that’s rather weird and unnecessary in terms of lore, but I’m not a developer.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

(edited by Imagi.4561)

Elementalist Race

in Elementalist

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I originally went Charr, wasn’t feeling it … ended up Sylvari, and plant-tastic.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Elementalist Race

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

sylvari all the way. Closest to nature and the elements and because we can model their skin and glow to complement our favorite element(s)

#ELEtism