Tempest Warhorn Skill Predictions [merged]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Manipulation also makes sense, because they manipulate the elements.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Skill 4- Create Elemental Storm.

Skill 4 chain- move Elemental Storm to location.
(Skill 4 Storm Passives)
*Fire – Burn enemies it pass through, and removes condition from allies.
*Air – Confusion on enemies, and swiftness on allies.
*Water – Slow on Enemies, and Regeneration on Allies
*Earth – Cripple enemies, and give Retaliation to allies.

Skill 5- Activate Storm effect.
(Skill 5 Storm Actives)
*Fire – Removes enemy boons, and burns them.
*Air – Hover enemies , and relocate them.
*Water – Heal Allies in the area, and chill enemies.
*Earth – Damage enemies, and Taunt them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Yes do look at chronomancer
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tides_of_Time

Do you have any aoe remotely close to that? Phoenix maybe. Think phoenix but better.

Great, you just proved my point.

Look at it this way. Did the mesmer have a lot of AoEs before or was that something the mesmer lack? They lack and ANET came and gave them that option.

Now you come here and say you just want more AOEs that do exactly what the mesmer can do…. so you either just want to play a mesmer or you just want to have more AoE stuff to be able to, again, do what we do all day for almost 3 years but slightly different and with new animations.

Specializations are meant to bring new and exciting ways to play a class in a manner that you didn’t consider before – what you want is exactly what we have today. So excuse me if I don’t jump into that hype train.

Oh and a lot of people are also going on and on about the fact that ANET said that those classes that are getting OH weapons will have “cool stuff” to compensate.

You guys seem to forget that such comment was directed to the classes that would be getting “less stuff” than others, i.e., only 2 weapon skills. Elementalists do not fall into that category as they will get 8 weapon skills, 1 heal skill, 3 utilities and 1 elite.

So thus far we are slightly tied with the Guardian – which is getting 5 weapon skills, 3 new virtue skills, 1 heal, 3 utilites and 1 elite. And we “lose” to necro which is getting 10 weapon skills, 1 heal, 3 utilites and 1 elite.

And again, if our new mechanic is that singularity crap we jump past the others and get 4 new skills with our mechanic (the “pulsing effect” of our attunements).

So yeah, don’t go around thinking you will get “compensated” for getting an OH…

You realise cleave is an aoe right? I could easily use your logic and say that you guys just want cone of cold in cleave form instead of cone form when both achieve the same effect.

Nor did I say I want aoes that do exactly what mesmers can. If you were paying attention at all they invented new aoes for heart of thorns, things that only the specializations have. Guardians can summon a shield in front of their body that moves with them. I assume tempest will summon a storm that moves with them. I assume from the singularity datamine that the new thing for ele is staying in attunements.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Elementalist

Daniel Handler.4816

Ward, mantra, symbol, marks, spirits, are all class specific. It is unlikely to almost impossible you would be getting them.

Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Ward, mantra, symbol, marks, spirits, are all class specific. It is unlikely to almost impossible you would be getting them.

Wells were class specific.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Wards, symbols and marks are weapons skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

You realise cleave is an aoe right? I could easily use your logic and say that you guys just want cone of cold in cleave form instead of cone form when both achieve the same effect.

Nor did I say I want aoes that do exactly what mesmers can. If you were paying attention at all they invented new aoes for heart of thorns, things that only the specializations have. Guardians can summon a shield in front of their body that moves with them. I assume tempest will summon a storm that moves with them. I assume from the singularity datamine that the new thing for ele is staying in attunements.

Cleave and AoE are very different I am sorry. If you want to say that cleave is AoE then almost every single skill in the game is classified as an AoE skill.

AoE is meant to hit people in a large sized area in which you generally target, be it directional based (line in front of you) or ground target (circle area). Cleave is different, cleave may have an “area of effect”, meaning the area it hits, but that is just part of the mechanic of the game, or did you want to have a skill that you have a tiny little box that can hit the target?

And ok, let’s work with your example then. What you want is to send out waves of attack in front of you that target the enemies, fantastic.

That still does not resolve the issue with lack of cleave alternatives for a true melee elementalist.

That is still the very same style of AoE skill, but slightly different in that you now have more limitations to it (no variable target area to allow you better positioning, you now have a skill that would require same level as your enemy or a clear “ramp” – e.g., if you are over a higher ground that only has a drop, your skill is worthless if it is a line target).

And yes, sure we don’t have something that follows us around when we cast so that we can become a “hub”, except for our healing mist that emanates from us when in water, but you want to get a wall that blocks ranged attacks instead of having a large AoE of projectile denial (Focus Air 3) or reflect (Focus Earth 4)? That unique and a good trade?

in Elementalist

Daniel Handler.4816

That is why I said unlikely. They needed damaging aoes and they couldn’t apply it to glamours, wells in gw2 are just area of effects with damage. As one said earlier you wont be getting weapon skills as utilities. You have no contact with spirits in your lore. This leaves mantras, which yes could get the well treatment, but unlikely unless ele has a glamour issue too.

in Elementalist

Daniel Handler.4816

Cleave and AoE are very different I am sorry. If you want to say that cleave is AoE then almost every single skill in the game is classified as an AoE skill.

AoE is meant to hit people in a large sized area in which you generally target, be it directional based (line in front of you) or ground target (circle area). Cleave is different, cleave may have an “area of effect”, meaning the area it hits, but that is just part of the mechanic of the game, or did you want to have a skill that you have a tiny little box that can hit the target?

And ok, let’s work with your example then. What you want is to send out waves of attack in front of you that target the enemies, fantastic.

That still does not resolve the issue with lack of cleave alternatives for a true melee elementalist.

That is still the very same style of AoE skill, but slightly different in that you now have more limitations to it (no variable target area to allow you better positioning, you now have a skill that would require same level as your enemy or a clear “ramp” – e.g., if you are over a higher ground that only has a drop, your skill is worthless if it is a line target).

And yes, sure we don’t have something that follows us around when we cast so that we can become a “hub”, except for our healing mist that emanates from us when in water, but you want to get a wall that blocks ranged attacks instead of having a large AoE of projectile denial (Focus Air 3) or reflect (Focus Earth 4)? That unique and a good trade?

read the first sentence
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleave

edit: the focus skills are either selfish or confined to a specific area. Melee ele will probably exist with this spec with or without a sword. I would like to be able to use skills on the move and not have to hover inside bubbles.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Read my post…..

in Elementalist

Daniel Handler.4816

Read my post…..

Why do people keep coming up with the idea that lightning whip doesn’t exist. You want all of these other neat things despite the fact that ele can already play in melee range. You want all the tricks that a sword can have despite the fact that your sword will have 9 more skills than other sword main hands.

What do you even need the cleave for?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

That is why I said unlikely. They needed damaging aoes and they couldn’t apply it to glamours, wells in gw2 are just area of effects with damage. As one said earlier you wont be getting weapon skills as utilities. You have no contact with spirits in your lore. This leaves mantras, which yes could get the well treatment, but unlikely unless ele has a glamour issue too.

Honestly I don’t think much anything is unlikely, save those things which thematically cannot fit another class, mechanics be kittened. For example, I stated above I doubt that we’re getting glamours, because ‘glamour’ is by definition solely connected with beauty and illusions. But I would say that of so few things that nothing else even comes to mind at the moment.

A lot of the stuff you are naming, though mechanically specific, isn’t strongly connected with any theme specific to that particular class in which it exists.

Wards, for example, are traditionally used by any magic user. Mantras, used in philosophy and martial arts, yet used here by an illusionist, so not even connected with their real world counterpart for any point of reference. Symbols and marks, just a written character, could fall anywhere. Spirits, when rocks and weapons can contain a will of their own, pretty sure you could justify a ‘spirit of’ just about anything.

in Elementalist

Daniel Handler.4816

Honestly I don’t think much anything is unlikely, save those things which thematically cannot fit another class, mechanics be kittened. For example, I stated above I doubt that we’re getting glamours, because ‘glamour’ is by definition solely connected with beauty and illusions. But I would say that of so few things that nothing else even comes to mind at the moment.

A lot of the stuff you are naming, though mechanically specific, isn’t strongly connected with any theme specific to that particular class in which it exists.

Wards, for example, are traditionally used by any magic user. Mantras, used in philosophy and martial arts, yet used here by an illusionist, so not even connected with their real world counterpart for any point of reference. Symbols and marks, just a written character, could fall anywhere. Spirits, when rocks and weapons can contain a will of their own, pretty sure you could justify a ‘spirit of’ just about anything.

Wards, symbol, marks are all class specific because they are produced by weapons and not by utilities. Mantra is class specific because it is a tie over from gw1. Wells were also a tie over, but there is no comparable situation as the glamour/well in the elementalist skill set. Spirits are a definite no because of lore requirements. Only ritualists and rangers could use spirits in gw1, I doubt it will change in gw2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

@Azel, what you fail to realize is that the Elementalist is such a good profession in every game mode that its not severely deficient in anything. It doesn’t have a major weakness in what it can do unlike most of the other classes. It can already do everything important now, so the warhorn will proabably be completely outside the box, and may not use the pattern of previous specs of giving something new the base class was weak in.

Ele has cleave, they have AoE, they have healing, they have damage, they have pretty much everything. So I bet the warhorn may be similar to current things they already have, but they’ll do it in a new and unique way, such as with the cascading AoE idea.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

@Azel, what you fail to realize is that the Elementalist is such a good profession in every game mode that its not severely deficient in anything. It doesn’t have a major weakness in what it can do unlike most of the other classes. It can already do everything important now, so the warhorn will proabably be completely outside the box, and may not use the pattern of previous specs of giving something new the base class was weak in.

Ele has cleave, they have AoE, they have healing, they have damage, they have pretty much everything. So I bet the warhorn may be similar to current things they already have, but they’ll do it in a new and unique way, such as with the cascading AoE idea.

Of course ele has weakness, its innate survivability. That’s why eles in pvp are on full defensive mode.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

People seem to think sword would’ve been better than Warhorn.

There’s no gaurantee it would’ve been.

Sword would have to compete with Staff’s redonkelous sustained DPS in PvE, not to mention the range, and against the Versatility of Dagger in PvP. If it’d be a High-end DPS weapon, it also wouldn’t solve the fact that Elementalists have to go full-on Defensive specs in PvP. (Water and Arcana are -still- Must-haves, Fire is only picked because of Blinding Ashes.)

They could’ve made it into a defensive main-hand (Similar to how Focus is a Defensive off-hand) but then you could forget about using it in PvE, and it’d probably be lacking in PvP from forcing the Elementalist into melee range in order to deal substantial damage.

Warhorn on the other hand opens up for an Off-hand that can add Sustained DPS and AoEs to a Main-hand/Off-hand combo, something Eles lack. (Look at Dagger OH and Focus. One is a versatile and balanced weapon centered around Spikes, Support, Mobility and CC, while the other is a Hyper-defensive, CC and Denial-centric weapon.)
However, if it’s not a High-end DPS weapon first and foremost, it’s probably gonna bomb unless it has some sweet trait synergy with the new Tempest tree.

We’ll see on Friday.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

(edited by TheSwede.9512)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Character centered AOE chains.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock