Tempest & Warhorn confirmed – Feedback [merged]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

While it will be god mode in pvp, the entire elite spec is shut down by mantra of distraction.

how do u even know that is the case without any insight of the specc? Lol. Ur Just making stuff up now and throwing at the fact he does not have a Sword, lmfao you have no idea what will and will not counter it til the preview goes live.

Reaper will be SLow as hell and shut down by merely being ranged and capable of kiting, people will still be using it in pvp and it prolly still work in a way, Just because ONE proffession counters it, doesnt make it useless Everything NEEDS to have a counter.

It’s not 1 counter, its multiple. There are a ton of interrupts in the game that are spammable and on low cooldowns. Mantra of Distraction is just 1 that has no cast time or animation, but there are plenty of others in game that are on meta builds that will make the Overload something you want to use sparingly and only when you’re sure you can get it off.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: kalevinrajo.8360

kalevinrajo.8360

Also, point of clarity, since I think I’m misreading. If, say, you channel the fire storm and it gets interrupted. Are you locked out of fire attunement for 20 seconds? Or is that CD only if you swap to a different element?

In addition, do we know if switching attunements interrupts the channel (triggering the CD)?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

While it will be god mode in pvp, the entire elite spec is shut down by mantra of distraction.

how do u even know that is the case without any insight of the specc? Lol. Ur Just making stuff up now and throwing at the fact he does not have a Sword, lmfao you have no idea what will and will not counter it til the preview goes live.

Reaper will be SLow as hell and shut down by merely being ranged and capable of kiting, people will still be using it in pvp and it prolly still work in a way, Just because ONE proffession counters it, doesnt make it useless Everything NEEDS to have a counter.

It’s not 1 counter, its multiple. There are a ton of interrupts in the game that are spammable and on low cooldowns. Mantra of Distraction is just 1 that has no cast time or animation, but there are plenty of others in game that are on meta builds that will make the Overload something you want to use sparingly and only when you’re sure you can get it off.

Thief pistol interrupt will troll tempest so hard. I might go into wvw and just use headshot over and over on roaming tempests just to see what they do once all their attunements are locked

It will be like the glory days of echo diversioning touch rangers in gw1 all over again

(edited by lordhelmos.7623)

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Calling it now though, tempest will be interrupt food until changes are made months after launch. Right now armor of earth and mist form are the only skills giving you a safe channel and is rather save those for safe stomp/res.

D/d will live on though. I will have fun wrecking pve with this spec. Tempest will be the penultimate speed clear boss

I suspect all elite specs will get the nerfs they deserve later.

D/D will still be useful, war horn was never really in competition with /d. Tempest trait line will be useful in PvP to give elementalist higher amounts of protection duration. I foresee Water, arcane and tempest.

In PvE if they actually push through with smarter AI, which i highly doubt it, it might not be as viable.

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

Also, point of clarity, since I think I’m misreading. If, say, you channel the fire storm and it gets interrupted. Are you locked out of fire attunement for 20 seconds? Or is that CD only if you swap to a different element?

In addition, do we know if switching attunements interrupts the channel (triggering the CD)?

I believe only if you swap out of the attunement.

Your last question, we do not know anything specific.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Need to see the traits first. For all we know, there might be a trait that makes overloading uninterruptible, or adds stability while you’re overloading.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Can anyone explain how does this overload mechanic exactly work?

So you’re in Fire Attunement (F1). You press F1 again and it begins to channel while overloading. While overloading you pulse AOE Burn and Might around you. At the end of the channel, you explode leaving an AOE Firestorm on the ground. Fire Attunement now goes on a 20 second cool down so if you leave Fire Attunement you can’t return for 20 seconds.

Don’t forget if you get interupted full cd. Luckily interupts are hard to come by and are in no way easily spammable.

Yeaaaah…

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Elementalist

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

yes but thiefs spammable Daze on pistol, Trolls Every proffession tbh, It Disables abilities for some time which would affect anyone and everyone the exact same, but yes i can reasons why it wont be sometihng u Just hit at any moment you want for it does have alot of problems..

but saying this, High risk skills are generally the best, also tbh we arnt the only one running the risk if we cast something to be focus’d Squishy proffessions like thief generally get blown up for doing it badly.

Calling it now though, tempest will be interrupt food until changes are made months after launch. Right now armor of earth and mist form are the only skills giving you a safe channel and is rather save those for safe stomp/res.

D/d will live on though. I will have fun wrecking pve with this spec. Tempest will be the penultimate speed clear boss

I suspect all elite specs will get the nerfs they deserve later.

D/D will still be useful, war horn was never really in competition with /d. Tempest trait line will be useful in PvP to give elementalist higher amounts of protection duration. I foresee Water, arcane and tempest.

In PvE if they actually push through with smarter AI, which i highly doubt it, it might not be as viable.

only if they’re actually Overpowered, with those sorts of channeling and risks i doubt Tempest will ever be considered Overpowered,

We havnt seen the tempests abilities though, so we dont know what it’ll actually do outside of these new mechanics, it may just generally outdo the offhand Dagger ability wise, also im sure the traits will cater to the long casts on the Overloads.

(edited by Drayos.8759)

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I think it’ll depend on what traits and skills will be on offer with the Tempest line. Even if the overcharging thing is less useful, other aspects of the spec may enhance builds.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

So you’re in Fire Attunement (F1). You press F1 again and it begins to channel while overloading. While overloading you pulse AOE Burn and Might around you. At the end of the channel, you explode leaving an AOE Firestorm on the ground. Fire Attunement now goes on a 20 second cool down so if you leave Fire Attunement you can’t return for 20 seconds.

Don’t forget if you get interupted full cd. Luckily interupts are hard to come by and are in no way easily spammable.

Yeaaaah…

Yea frontline Hammer Warriors, Hammer Guardians and hugely spammed CC’s to counter limited stability stacks just isn’t very common at all in WvW…I’m sure channeling on the front line will work out as great as overloading Fire to stack Might to your allies then be locked out of the Fire for the rest of the fight when you try to use 3/4ths of the rest of your character.

I for one am just glad they FINALLY added some AOE support to the Elementalist. I mean we’ve been asking for more AOE Support forever as a Elementalist. Sure glad Tempest is going to address that gap in character design.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

If there’s more % damage add traits, it’ll be considered for use in PvE.

Any other game mode it’s basically a bad decision. Overloading Water then locking yourself into/out of water for 20 seconds is always going to be a bad decision on a class built around swapping.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-tempest-revealed

An exception to this is Earth attunement, in which you’re given a break-bar that will eat a few control-skills before you’re interrupted.

Eye of the Storm! – The tempest will call the storm down on nearby allies and himself, breaking stun on anyone affected while granting superspeed.

At least draw a reference on how the devs work instead of oh mantra of distraction

We also don’t know all the traits they could easily make a trait that grants 1 stack of stability for 3-5 seconds when you use a shout and make it a grandmaster.

We already have a trait that gives us stab every 8 sec if we want to attune to earth that often. Necro can get stab every 8-10 seconds.

It is entirely possible the tempest trait line will have something similar. You know how a mesmer gets no stab but can trait a gm trait and get it every 15 sec.

This is really a weak assumption

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

Yeaaaah…

At least we have armor of earth, with 10 stacks of stability and its low CD, should help channeling, a lot.

Yeaaaah…

Yea frontline Hammer Warriors, Hammer Guardians and hugely spammed CC’s to counter limited stability stacks just isn’t very common at all in WvW…I’m sure channeling on the front line will work out as great as overloading Fire to stack Might to your allies then be locked out of the Fire for the rest of the fight when you try to use 3/4ths of the rest of your character.

I for one am just glad they FINALLY added some AOE support to the Elementalist. I mean we’ve been asking for more AOE Support forever as a Elementalist. Sure glad Tempest is going to address that gap in character design.

I agree, the tempest is exactly what the elementalist needed. With the tempest, the ele will be one of the best team players in the game. It is such a great team player that the effectiveness of its class mechanics depends entirely on your team mates providing stability.

(edited by PlatinumMember.5274)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

‘’Wash The Pain Away!’’ [[…]]]heal allies for the same amount that you are healed for, outside of initial healing when activeiting the skill.

Does it mean that for period of time after using that skill when we heal we also heal allies + fact that heals allies and condi remove on intial that is also shared.

I wanna try a bit my cleric clothes that are covered with a bit of dust now to check it out, looking for friday.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

shoutwar ran banner for so long… key is positioning, use your brain and avoid getting interrupted. or use rock solid.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

An exception to this is Earth attunement, in which you’re given a break-bar that will eat a few control-skills before you’re interrupted.

Eye of the Storm! – The tempest will call the storm down on nearby allies and himself, breaking stun on anyone affected while granting superspeed.

At least draw a reference on how the devs work instead of oh mantra of distraction

We also don’t know all the traits they could easily make a trait that grants 1 stack of stability for 3-5 seconds when you use a shout and make it a grandmaster.

We already have a trait that gives us stab every 8 sec if we want to attune to earth that often. Necro can get stab every 8-10 seconds.

It is entirely possible the tempest trait line will have something similar. You know how a mesmer gets no stab but can trait a gm trait and get it every 15 sec.

shoutwar ran banner for so long… key is positioning, use your brain and avoid getting interrupted. or use rock solid.

That stability requires you to take earth. So you are going to switch to earth get a 2 second stability so you can use a 2.75 to 5 second channeling, bloody brilliant. I cannot believe I failed to see the brilliance of that combination. I guess the class mechanic has been fixed, go home.

I feel like both of you two are not thinking at all.

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

I agree, the tempest is exactly what the elementalist needed. With the tempest, the ele will be one of the best team players in the game. It is such a great team player that the effectiveness of its class mechanics depends entirely on your team mates providing stability.

I totally get you man. Elementalist is just the worst team player out of every profession out there. I mean Engineers and Rangers and Thieves don’t even begin to understand our lack of team play as an Elementalist. I’m so glad they recognized this gap in our character design and how badly we were hurting to be able to support our team mates with Boons or Field generation that it’s really heartening to see them do this. And I mean the Singularity. Wow. When I leave an attunement I REALLY like the fact I can’t use it for 20 seconds. It really encourages me to try the other attunements like sitting in Water Attunement for a long time or Earth Attunement for a long time and really pushes me to enjoy those kinds of Attunements that I normally wouldn’t.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

It’s in the description that every overcharge of attunement will take anywhere between 2.75 to 5 seconds. So anyone with atleast a bit of a brain and CC can have a go at the Tempest going Overcharge.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Dat shoulderpiece though…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The flashy animations are going to be a giant kill me sign for stunlock slayers like war thief and mes.

When I see a solar nimbus on my screen that looks Captain Planet taking a radiation bath in the center of an exploding nuclear reactor, I know who is going to eat my bulls rush > 100 blades

^Tell me more about the radiation bath for Captain Planet. It’s research for my bathing Captain Planet fanfic.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Elementalist

Drayos.8759

Stop with the “OMG IT ISNT A SWORD QQ” trains, jesus, ur complaint was a lack of a Melee Weapon, the Warhorn is OBVIOUSLY a melee weapon, 180 Range on singularity, The fact ALL the overloads are based Around you, shows that this is a melee weapon,

Ur getting your Melee weapon for all the Melee action you want, this is just pure QQ over aethetics, but at the end of the day Sword Wielding Mages would look stupid anyway, Swords are for Precise attacks and Elementalists are about Setting everything on Fire and Blowing kitten up with Electricity, Nothing to do with Precision. Warhorn fits the proffession better in every fashion and Nothing will change that.

Even Hammer would fit a Elementalist Before a sword.

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

It’s in the description that every overcharge of attunement will take anywhere between 2.75 to 5 seconds. So anyone with atleast a bit of a brain and CC can have a go at the Tempest going Overcharge.

Apparently a trait with an 8.66 mininum CD, which provides 2 second worth of stability, will protect you while you channel 2.75 to 5 seconds skills.

Afterall, positioning and brains will save you. Sometimes I wonder if people assume everybody is stupid.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Disappointed that they went with an off-hand when Ele’s offhand options were arguably the best overall already. Point blank: Ele could have used another two-handed option.

I am not saying that the warhorn isn’t great. It could be amazing. That’s not my point. My point is that they are bolstering that which needed no bolstering. If they really wanted a frontliner like they say, give us an option for mainhand outside of Lightning Whip.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rahveiz.7461

Rahveiz.7461

You’re godkitten right.
+ ranged weapons are often used in melee atm…

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Apparently a trait with an 8.66 mininum CD, which provides 2 second worth of stability, will protect you while you channel 2.75 to 5 seconds skills.

Afterall, positioning and brains will save you. Sometimes I wonder if people assume everybody is stupid.

I’m pretty sure you don’t play pvp or if you do not at decent level. Basically in a pvp match with people who actually are competent any major channeling skill will be interrupted in no time. Not everyone plays at the lowest skill ceiling.

Tour

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

I really dont care about the fact we will get warhorn. I really care and in qqing and will qq more for the fact that arenanet seems forget that elementalist have another main hand. Not only the dagger

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

That stability requires you to take earth. So you are going to switch to earth get a 2 second stability so you can use a 2.75 to 5 second channeling, bloody brilliant. I cannot believe I failed to see the brilliance of that combination. I guess the class mechanic has been fixed, go home.

I feel like both of you two are not thinking at all.

Seriously read again. I said another trait in the tempest trait line that gives stability. I mentioned the rock solid trait, the necromancer trait, and the mesmer trait as a reference that it is possible we will get a stab trait in tempest.

If you took a little bit more time to read you could be better at being dismissive.

I mean I even bolded what Karl said about one of the tempest traits for earth overcharge that lets you not be affected by CC. There would be no reason to even take earth if you take that trait, but I’m the one not thinking?

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

WARNING this is not a Sword vs Warhorn post, it is a principal of elite specialization post.

This elite is utter kitten!!!! WTF!!!!! I am really kittened off.

Seriously, I can’t believe people here are excited to play the exact same kitten we have been doing since day one!!!

Take a look at this sentence:

“though the principals of the elementalist’s play will remain largly intact…..”

And then take a look at what ANET said when they mentioned the elite specializations:

“a new Elite specialization that fundamentally changes the way each profession plays "

This is bullkitten and you guys are praising it…. you are so stuck in your mindset of playing the exact same way you don’t want to have any variation with your class…

Geez now I can add group support…. Seriously, just because it wasn’t the best build in Mettabattle doesn’t mean we weren’t very good at it already. We have a ton of AoE damage and a ton of AoE support, they just spoon feed you more of the same and you think it is amazing.

And then, to top it all off, that elite!!! Seriously, can Elementalist have a good elite for once in its lifetime???

This specialization is a terrible and completely lacks innovation! It is shameful that this is the crap elementalists get!

It just once again proves the point that people are only interested in graphics and not mechanic, so when a pretty image comes around in the Friday reveal people will be like “oh so new and amazing” and then when the expansion kicks in people will just once again be commenting on how “eles have no viable build besides D/D on PvP and staff for PvE, it blows!”

Seriously hope to see everyone of you praising this bullkitten spec running it in WvW and PvP, will love the free kills.

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

And I mean the Singularity. Wow. When I leave an attunement I REALLY like the fact I can’t use it for 20 seconds. It really encourages me to try the other attunements like sitting in Water Attunement for a long time or Earth Attunement for a long time and really pushes me to enjoy those kinds of Attunements that I normally wouldn’t.

LOL

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

And btw in seeing more people complaining, rightly, about the specialization than about the warhorn

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Drayos.8759

And btw in seeing more people complaining, rightly, about the specialization than about the warhorn

THeres nothing wrong with the Specialization, its bringing so much new to the proffession and some of it looks really good, we dont only lack in one field, our capabilities to get to a bursty build has always been very difficult, ALOT have asked for more power orintated elementalists rather then the normal Sustain D/D builds going around currently.

You’re godkitten right.
+ ranged weapons are often used in melee atm…

Well tbh, they are xD Currently from HoT the only Ranged Weapon shown so far is a Ranged hammer, so actually tbh ur statement weather was ment as sarcasm or not (not rly sure if it was or not) its true all the same.

I really dont care about the fact we will get warhorn. I really care and in qqing and will qq more for the fact that arenanet seems forget that elementalist have another main hand. Not only the dagger

Well yes, i’d of preferred to see the Warhorn as a Mainhand weapon not a offhand, but at the end of the day i Suspose we’re still getting more the nany other proffession will be in this so we cant complain so much that they didnt wanna release 12 more skills and instead bring it to 8.

however with Singularity and Overloading coming, With the different effects throughout, and getting Shouts (which hopefully will be rather powerful so we have a other option to not Loading Full Cantrips as we are currently) and the Animations make up for the lack of Aethetics in Warhorns currently..

We kinda asked for it when we Mass Flamed Warhorn :P Anet prolly love all their weapons Equally and Felt the need to prove us wrong when they read all of that hehehe.

and Plus if they would Finally rework Sceptar to be Equal in its own right to the Dagger, a new main hand wouldnt be in such demand tbh, they only need to fix sceptar and they could fix it all together. not that i think that condi damage will have any synergy with whats coming..

the Offhand weapons bringing ALOT of burst damage and Power hits so i cant see Condi being the ebst thing to run with it, given that i love Dagger mainhand and Feel like i prefer what warhorns bringing to what the Sword was datamined to bring, i mean the Skillset for Sword looked rubbish even if only half complete, i dont want more Sustain to be put into the Elementalist via Evades.

I wanna Powerhouse Nukage!

at the end of the day, Rerolls was inevitable, they’re changing things, in every MMO not everyones happy with the evolution of their proffession they loved before, Rerolling is a common thing in the starts of Expansion

and Between the people wanting rev to be their new main to others who love the other Elites some of the other proffessions are happening, im sure between ALL the proffessions people will be changing mains and making Revs to become their mains from the get go, and thats fine.

Not everyone will love the same thing throughout everything that happens to it, but thats how it is, If u dislike wha tthey do to one proffession u look into another u can love not simply Demand Reverting the entire thing.

(edited by Drayos.8759)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

I’m pretty sure you don’t play pvp or if you do not at decent level. Basically in a pvp match with people who actually are competent any major channeling skill will be interrupted in no time. Not everyone plays at the lowest skill ceiling.

I’m pretty sure your sarcasm meter is broke there, might want to get that checked.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You may get a 2H weapon with the next elite specialization.

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

I am extremely kittened off about another lie from ANET with the reveal on Tempest!

So when making the big fuss about elite specializations we got this little gem:

From the wiki:
“Specializations are a rework of the current trait line mechanic, and will introduce a new Elite specialization that fundamentally changes the way each profession plays (….)

And then in the interview (http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-tempest-revealed), besides all the other absurdities in what is coming, we got this perfect phrase:

Although the principals of the elementalist’s play will remain largly intact(…)

And then in comes a long list of group support focused abilities, i.e., what elementalists have in abundance, which proves the point in the comment above.

Where is our promised "fundamental change to the way each profession plays "

Was that just another empty ANET promise? What gives?

And seriously, can elementalists have a decent elite for once in their lifetime??? Why give us just a poor version of mesmer Alacrity stuff in an elite form?

this is not a warhorn vs sword post. This is about lack of innovation and broken promises

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Yea but all cantrips are selfish and so are their traits.Shouts might have good offencive or defencive potential that is shared (based on their numbers of course).Condi clear that is shared could be the icing on the cake
I for once would love to use a non selfish utility on my ele

Yea Elementalist is definitely one of the most selfish classes in the game.

I’m sure glad they addressed the lack of Support on an Elementalist.

I didnt expect anything different than this from this forum and this community.
Your support , condi clear and sustain came from heavy trait investment.
PRETTY MUCH 2 /3 lines went for sustain in pvp.How is it the same as picking a utility that directly benefits you and allies??That was my point..or you disagree ele is played in pvp with 100% selfish utilities for years now?

Right now everyone except this part of the forum is fully aware that elementalist is very strong in every game mode and in need of nerfs (which he will get)
Anet comes up with an idea of more intelligent gameplay and before we see numbers ,everybody here doomsday it cause they didnt get thief v2 with lightning effects so they can play solo hero.
What i wanted was a different gameplay to make me interested again.Something that is not based on att rotation so much and can differantiate good from bad players to give me something to aim for.This is different enough
There is NO REASON to be concered of viability of the spec right now..absolutely none!
Especially when as we have seen number adjustments can completely change the table.

(edited by Avead.5760)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You may get a 2H weapon with the next elite specialization.

Melee staff

Since they seem intent on sticking us in the front line.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I don’t have a problem with the Warhorn. It makes sense.

Honestly, I kind of wish Elementalists didn’t even use weapons at all and just had a different mechanic. I can’t imagine ever trying to wield a physical weapon if I could hurl fire, ice, and lightning out of my hands.

They should at least have the ability to visually hide their weapons.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yeah, I will log in now and protest with all my shouts I have on my Elementalist!

I suppose we are completely ignoring the fact that the Overcharged Attunements that are a thing will lock you out of said attunement for x amount of time? That will very much change how the Elementalists is played, since you can just go around aimlessly changing attunements with that and so on.

People also love to throw around the word promise everywhere. I think people need to actually learn what it means.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I might use the spec but not the warhorn, I’d probably use it with staff.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

1. Warhorn looks godkitten ugly.
2. Warhorn animations are godkitten ugly.
3. Legendary warhorn not fits for ele at all.
4. Dagger and scepter both are piece of useless crap outside of pvp.
5. Bolt have ONLY decent legendary aura fit for ele.
And I not even started about “awesome” WH abilities.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Elementalist

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t see how the latter contradicts the former, honestly. Nor do I feel there is any broken promise here.

The principles remain largely intact, this is true by what we’re seeing. This also meets the requirement of the first statement by changing the basis of how we play an ele. Now we are rewarded by staying in a given attunement for a specific period of time, in order to overcharge that attunement, instead of swapping all the time. Using that overcharge then locks us out of that attunement if we swap out of it, for 15-20 seconds ,or we can choose to not swap so as not to be locked out. We’re going to have more emphasis on timing and decision making, instead of just following a standard rotation where we’re basically swapping as attunements recharge.

Beyond that, they never said that those fundamental changes would make for drastic differences in how we play.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Elementalist

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I like the warhorn a lot. I’ve been wanting an offensive mid-range off-hand for my scepter, and this fits the bill. Especially since the tempest mechanic works really well with fresh air ele (the build I use).

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

The core mechanic for the tempest allows the specialization to overload their attunements. After a period of time remaining in one attunement, players will be able to reactivate it to perform a special channeled ability.

That’s a quote from the same article… are we just ignoring that the new spec encourages you to stay in one attunement as opposed to constantly swapping for the best benefit? Also while still support, moving from a back line position to a front line position is an extreme change in playstyle so I think they hit the nail on the head given what we know…

Which isn’t much so maybe save the judgement at least until tomorrow.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Stop with the “OMG IT ISNT A SWORD QQ” trains, jesus, ur complaint was a lack of a Melee Weapon, the Warhorn is OBVIOUSLY a melee weapon, 180 Range on singularity, The fact ALL the overloads are based Around you, shows that this is a melee weapon,

Ur getting your Melee weapon for all the Melee action you want, this is just pure QQ over aethetics, but at the end of the day Sword Wielding Mages would look stupid anyway, Swords are for Precise attacks and Elementalists are about Setting everything on Fire and Blowing kitten up with Electricity, Nothing to do with Precision. Warhorn fits the proffession better in every fashion and Nothing will change that.

Even Hammer would fit a Elementalist Before a sword.

Oh boy a “melee” weapon where every skill has 20+s cooldowns!

SO much better than having a melee main hand weapon where you’d have chain skills and low cooldown skills to work with!

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

Just as an FYI for people spewing Rock solid, I’m sure the description of the tempest said you needed to stay in an attunement for a period before being able to overcharge. If this is the case rock solid would be about as useful as a water pistol in an swat team raid

in Elementalist

Azel.4786

Yeah, I will log in now and protest with all my shouts I have on my Elementalist!

I suppose we are completely ignoring the fact that the Overcharged Attunements that are a thing will lock you out of said attunement for x amount of time? That will very much change how the Elementalists is played, since you can just go around aimlessly changing attunements with that and so on.

People also love to throw around the word promise everywhere. I think people need to actually learn what it means.

Great that you grasp the concept…. Elementalist had a ton of group support already, ever heard of Staff support builds??

But sure, if “new play style” for you is simply having a different animation but playing group support mechanically very similar to before, guess that must be different interpretations then because when they said new play style I assumed it meant “new mechanic way to play”, like, you know, all the other elite specializations had. -and just a side note on this, it remains to be seen but elementalists are also not getting any of the new boons or conditions, but let’s get a confirmation of this on Friday – which again was something they “promised” they would give to the classes with the specializations / new elites.

And pardon me for not being excited about having to sit in an attunment for X amount of time, then having to channel that attunement for 2,5s-5s hoping no one will interrupt me with the insane amount of interrupts in game, and then, if it works or if it doesn’t, being locked out from that attunement for 15s-20s.

Sure will love when I need to heal and am locked out of water or when I need to do damage and will be locked out of fire / air, sounds super!

And aimlessly changing attunements? Dude you have to carefully swap them so you are never locked into one with all skills on cooldown and so that your swap is actually beneficial at the time (pop protection, heal, interrupts, do damage, etc.). Being in one attunement with a long cooldown on skills is terrible and often gets you killed!

Oh and on the word promise…. yeah I always thought it meant: “A declaration assuring that one will or will not do something;”, so pardon me for thinking that when ANET said they will give us new play styles that was a promise… please enlighten me on the meaning of the word.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Well for once we dont know what happens during the overcharge period AFTER you activate the channel.
Swapping might be possible and you could overcharge fire for example swap to earth for stability to eat an incoming cc (2 sec are enough for that you arent supposed to be given cc immunity during the whole channel without reaction requirimenets)
Even if thats not efficient ,which i dont really think it is (its too gimmicky) we still have no info about other traits.
Plus 15 sec is only 5 sec more..Its less than base att recharge of launch.
Im pretty sure than as incapable of balancing ,as you might think they are ,they are not stupid enough to make something “unplayable” for elementalist ..especially when they actually want to make money from the expansion

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

So what? Mesmers wanted another mainhand just as bad as you, and they got a 5th offhand that won’t compete with their current offhands outside of wvw. The warhorn so far looks like its adding stafflike support/CC/damage that can be used with a MH dagger (which is a really amazing weapon).

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

There is NO REASON to be concered of viability of the spec right now..absolutely none!

You’re absolutely right!

It’s just as good as all the existing tools we have that do all the exact same things so it will be just as good as we already have! Yay! I’m so glad our new stuff is functionally identical to our existing stuff!

Hey guys! We can now overload Fire and pulse out 5 stacks of AOE Might and then be locked in/out of Fire Attunement for 20 seconds instead of creating a Fire Field and using multiple blast Finishers while rolling through multiple attunements and stacking 15-25 stacks of Might! Yaaaaaaaay!

Tempest is so cool and full of such new things!

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

3. Legendary warhorn not fits for ele at all.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My elementalist is a norn female in in cultural T3 armor (the leggings have a wolf head belt buckle), and I have howler back from my days as a necro main in a WvW guild. This elite spec is literally aesthetically perfect for me in every way, but I can understand that this wouldn’t satisfy the hordes of human female eles in the game.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..