Guardian Bugs compilation.

in Guardian

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

pretty much, its like thinking of virtues as batteries. Say i have the justice battery that needs 30 volts to be fully charged, and my charger is able to inject 1 volt a second.

Now pretend we get a new charger that is 30% faster, meaning it will inject 1.3 volts a second.

30/1.3=23

in Guardian

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Couple things:

1. Resolute Healer: Has a developer CONFIRMED that the shield of absorption is SUPPOSED to knock back enemies? I know it is named the same as the skill on the shield, but I Just wonder if they intended for it to knock back enemies. That would make it rather powerful considering you can pop it every 10 seconds on a downed teammates.

2. Some bugs on Orb of Light (Staff skill):

1. Orb will disappear into the ground when there is even the smallest hill in front of you. It doesn’t do it all the time and I haven’t figured out what causes it. When it does it, you lose it completely. Even if you try to double click for the heal it does nothing. It MAY do it more often when you have no target, it’s hard to tell.
  1. Orb will, at times, be fired in a random direction even when your target is not in front of you. Also if you have no target, it can sometimes just fire off to the side for no apparent reason. I believe it is still a functioning orb (you can detonate it for a heal), but still it is strange that it doesn’t always fire in front of you.
  1. It sometimes get stuck and seems to be flying off in the distance forever. The icon stays on the “detonate for a heal” until you click it…but you don’t seem to get any heal (and the orb is no where to be found). If you don’t click on the detonate, it just stays on that icon and won’t recharge.

in Guardian

Posted by: Blaine.1263

Blaine.1263

1. Resolute Healer: Has a developer CONFIRMED that the shield of absorption is SUPPOSED to knock back enemies?

I think the knockback on those were actually removed in one of the BWEs because it was considered too powerful. The knockback is not removed on the one you cast manually though, that works fine.

Blaine – Warrior – Greatsword & Longbow
Sir Byren – Guardian – Mace/Shield & Scepter/Focus
Zaldoras – Necromancer – Staff & Scepter/Dagger

in Guardian

drwookie.6391

1. Resolute Healer: Has a developer CONFIRMED that the shield of absorption is SUPPOSED to knock back enemies?

I think the knockback on those were actually removed in one of the BWEs because it was considered too powerful. The knockback is not removed on the one you cast manually though, that works fine.

Ya I have a feeling that isn’t a bug…though they should maybe call it something else then. You technically aren’t casting “Shield of Absorption” since that skill includes knockback…you are just castinga shield that absorbs projectiles. That is fine with me because I agree the knockback would be a little too powerful if it happened every 10 seconds on a rez.

in Guardian

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

2 bugs have been annoying me:

1) The Hammer’s protection field will overwrite the Purging Flame fire field, meaning that every time I have the hammer Light shield over Purging Flame and I use smite, I always get retaliation, but not Might. I have tried casting smite while outside the Light Field but inside the Fire Field, but the same result. Landing the smite inside the Fire field but outside the Light field is tricky and haven’t managed to do it so far. I am currently using both “Symbols are larger” and “Symbols last longer”. It does not seem to matter which is put on the ground first – the Light or Fire field. Always retaliation, no might. I get might if I use Purging Flames first, Ret if I use the symbol 1st. I haven’t tried this with anything other than Purging Flames. I also don’t know if this affects ally Blast finishers as well, I haven’t asked anyone to try this – but I think it might be the case, since every time I drop a Fire Field during a boss fight I don’t get stacks of might from it, but it might just be allies sleeping and not using the finishers

Wiki has this to say: * Finishers can only interact with one initiator at a time.* However I am requesting a bug on this because the Area Retaliation duration is so low, it’s a disadvantage to the player for Smite to prioritize the Light Field over the Fire Field. Big one And although with Mace you can choose when to use Symbol and when to use Purging Flames and get what you want, hammer has the protection in it’s attack chain and you can’t really choose most of the time.

2) Absorbtion spells don’t absorb attacks coming from above – arrow rains, mortar shells (tested this in tribulation rift), etc. I’m not sure if this is intended or not.

LE: edited for accuracy. Thanks to Qelris for helping test this.

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

(edited by Y u mad its vydia.6324)

in Guardian

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

2 bugs have been annoying me:

1) The Hammer’s protection field will overwrite the Purging Flame fire field, meaning that every time I have the hammer Light shield over Purging Flame and I use smite, I always get retaliation, but not Might. I have tried casting smite while outside the Light Field but inside the Fire Field, but the same result. Landing the smite inside the Fire field but outside the Light field is tricky and haven’t managed to do it so far. I am currently using both “Symbols are larger” and “Symbols last longer”. It does not seem to matter which is put on the ground first – the Light or Fire field. Always retaliation, no might. I haven’t tried this with anything other than Purging Flames. I also don’t know if this affects ally Blast finishers as well, I haven’t asked anyone to try this – but I think it might be the case, since every time I drop a Fire Field during a boss fight I don’t get stacks of might from it, but it might just be allies sleeping and not using the finishers

Wiki has this to say: * Finishers can only interact with one initiator at a time.* However I am requesting a bug on this because the Area Retaliation duration is so low, it’s a disadvantage to the player for Smite to prioritize the Light Field over the Fire Field. Big one

Seems to be first field for me.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Guardian

Y u mad its vydia.6324

How have you tested this? Here is my result (screenshot). You can see both fields active, and retaliation just popping up. My Traits regarding this are : Symbols are Larger, Symbols last longer and Consecrations have reduced recharge and increased duration. Cheers.

Btw, I have tested this in general PvE usually, I just went to practice dummy now for convenience.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

How have you tested this? Here is my result (screenshot). You can see both fields active, and retaliation just popping up. My Traits regarding this are : Symbols are Larger, Symbols last longer and Consecrations have reduced recharge and increased duration. Cheers.

Btw, I have tested this in general PvE usually, I just went to practice dummy now for convenience.

Mace: Symbol of Faith (Light Field)
Utility: Purging Flame (Fire Field)
Focus: Shield of Wrath (Blast Finisher)

Quick video, I suck at editing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiU-c7fCpIA&feature=youtu.be

in Guardian

Y u mad its vydia.6324

Haha, in the first video you get retaliation too. Strange, that in your video you show that the order matters.- casting the Symbol first gets you Ret, Purging Flame gets you Might.

I was talking about hammer though, for that it always seems to give Ret. No, it’s the same as mace + focus. You get might if you cast purging flames first. I guess I was too sleepy when I first tested it. Thanks for testing this I think both our posts should be included in the bug report, it’s clear that something is amiss.

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

Haha, in the first video you get retaliation too. Strange, that in your video you show that the order matters.- casting the Symbol first gets you Ret, Purging Flame gets you Might.

I was talking about hammer though, for that it always seems to give Ret. No, it’s the same as mace + focus. You get might if you cast purging flames first. I guess I was too sleepy when I first tested it. Thanks for testing this I think both our posts should be included in the bug report, it’s clear that something is amiss.

I’m fine with how it’s working currently, lol.

in Guardian

Y u mad its vydia.6324

Yeah well, good for you. Right now Hammer Guardians can only give Might using blast finishers at the beginning of the fight, since we can’t stop having Protection field up almost all the time.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Thank you guys for testing the symbols, quite interesting its the first kind of study showing how they interact with finishers.

From what i could tell is that the finisher will go for the field that appeared first as shown in the video, y u mad issue is that since the hammer tosses so many of those symbols the chances for it to be the one being there first are very very high, specially with longer and bigger since he has that protection symbol almost 100% of the time, so practically everything other allies are casting is landing over a light field. I also hate area retaliation finishers on pve but I don´t really see a bug here yet. What do you guys think?, if the behavior is consistent then its not a bug, but if the fields that proc are random regardless of order then its different.

About the Traited shield of absortion when ressing I wasn´t aware it did push back before and then got removed, i didnt get to play that early into the betas, if somebody could confirm this also I´ll move it to the unsure section so we can get some clarification if it is actually intended to or not.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Couple things:

1. Resolute Healer: Has a developer CONFIRMED that the shield of absorption is SUPPOSED to knock back enemies? I know it is named the same as the skill on the shield, but I Just wonder if they intended for it to knock back enemies. That would make it rather powerful considering you can pop it every 10 seconds on a downed teammates.

1. Orb will disappear into the ground when there is even the smallest hill in front of you. It doesn’t do it all the time and I haven’t figured out what causes it. When it does it, you lose it completely. Even if you try to double click for the heal it does nothing. It MAY do it more often when you have no target, it’s hard to tell.
  1. Orb will, at times, be fired in a random direction even when your target is not in front of you. Also if you have no target, it can sometimes just fire off to the side for no apparent reason. I believe it is still a functioning orb (you can detonate it for a heal), but still it is strange that it doesn’t always fire in front of you.
  1. It sometimes get stuck and seems to be flying off in the distance forever. The icon stays on the “detonate for a heal” until you click it…but you don’t seem to get any heal (and the orb is no where to be found). If you don’t click on the detonate, it just stays on that icon and won’t recharge.

I used the orb a few times on pve, and it did shoot at " random direction" once because the mob was moving at the time, but it really surprised the orb kind of predicted where he was going to be because it intercepted the mob mid way, i wonder if there is some kind of prediction component in that skill since its so slow.

in Guardian

drwookie.6391

Couple things:

I used the orb a few times on pve, and it did shoot at " random direction" once because the mob was moving at the time, but it really surprised the orb kind of predicted where he was going to be because it intercepted the mob mid way, i wonder if there is some kind of prediction component in that skill since its so slow.

Right now I am doing 100% WvW and in that environment the orb is VERY unpredictable…to the point where literally 50% of the time or more SOMETHING goes wrong where it doesn’t do what I want it to (One of the three problems I listed….it either disappears entirely into the ground, it flies off in a weird direction or it gets stuck and I have to detonate it, but detonating it does nothing).

in Guardian

Posted by: RakaNishoo.6071

RakaNishoo.6071

I think i wasn’t noticed.

Can anyone confirm Courageous Return working. I know it is hard to test, but yersterday in the dungeon, I wass downed by the troll, ally rezzed me, but I still had Virtue of Courage on recharge. It seems like this minor trait is not working at all.

in Guardian

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

This major trait in Radiance states that Passive effects of signets are “improved”. However when equipping my +power signet, there is no visual difference in +power when I have and do Not have the trait selected. I even tried unequipping the signet, then selecting the trait, and then reequipping the signet with no results.There is also a certain degree of vagueness, I believe it is bugged however am not 100% sure.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Guardian

Posted by: Sairenkao.6485

Sairenkao.6485

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but Sigil of Force does not seem to increase the damage from Virtue of Justice.

RakaNishoo, did you have the major trait Shielded Mind when you rallied? There are none issues of Shielded Mind preventing Virtue of Courage from refreshing.

Another issue I have with Orb of Light is that if you cast then activate it immediately, the orb doesn’t seem to appear and heal or do damage.

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but Sigil of Force does not seem to increase the damage from Virtue of Justice.

As far as I know, sigil only works for the weapon you put it in, at the exception of “upon killing a foe”. So, if you put Sigil of Force in a Sword, then 1-3 will be boosted by x%, or if you put it in a Focus, then 4 and 5 will be boosted by x%.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanitos.1028

Xanitos.1028

I Have noticed a few things on my guardian that seem out of place and would like a second and third opinion:
1) When using Renewed Focus:
a. I can be knocked back/down when channeling this (Not sure if its intentional)
b. Conditions on me, such as bleed and poison, continue to damage me to the point where I went down during the channel (TA dungeon, near end where tentacle girls inflict massive bleeds on you)
c. This last one may be just my eyes, but all my skills on cool-down stop counting down for those three seconds, essentially freezing my skill bar for 3 seconds.
I just feel this “elite” skill hardly feels elite when other classes get more seconds of invulnerability and can move.

2) The Hammer
When wielding a hammer, Anet replied to complaints that the banish skill was pointless because it knocked an opponent away from you that you had to chase down. They stated that the ring of warding should go up first before you banish. It is a good combo but ring continues to fail. Seeing as you got most of the problems already listed, I would like to add another one.
When the spirit hammer is summoned and it does its passive knockback, it knocks them out of the ring of warding. Kind of defeats the rings purpose in my opinion. I would think the ring would block that knockback too since it is essentially the same thing.

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

I just notice that you said on the original post..

Might of the Protector
This trait is active even though you don’t have the required points in the Valor Trait line, meaning free mights when blocking.

I’ve never ever got any might from block.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ixnay.2073

Ixnay.2073

I have found an issue with the 6th bonus of Superior Rune of the Soldier – (6): Shouts remove a condition. It doesn’t work underwater. Apparently warriors also have this bug.

in Guardian

Posted by: whiskyjack.7962

whiskyjack.7962

- Virtue trait : Vengeful (+25% retaliation) => Not working at all (no retaliation increase)

i’ve also noticed this. it appears it does add the extra duration (tested ‘Save Yourselves!’, ‘Stand Your Ground!’ and Signet of Judgement), but it doesn’t update the tooltips with the increased duration.

i’ve also inquired about right-handed strength and they’ve replied that it does increase the crit %, but doesn’t update the hero pane.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I have found an issue with the 6th bonus of Superior Rune of the Soldier – (6): Shouts remove a condition. It doesn’t work underwater. Apparently warriors also have this bug.

The helmet is replaced by the aqua breather underwater, did you make sure to add a rune of the soldier in there as well?

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Might of the Protector
This trait is active even though you don’t have the required points in the Valor Trait line, meaning free mights when blocking.

Every time i block an attack with an aegis i get might stacks. Maybe it is just with aegis?

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

This major trait in Radiance states that Passive effects of signets are “improved”. However when equipping my +power signet, there is no visual difference in +power when I have and do Not have the trait selected. I even tried unequipping the signet, then selecting the trait, and then reequipping the signet with no results.There is also a certain degree of vagueness, I believe it is bugged however am not 100% sure.

Yes I already tested this in the mists, the signets all gave 18 of a base stat plus the passive with the trait activated.

Mercy gave 100 healing if you equipped it, and another 18 with the trait.

in Guardian

Sairenkao.6485

As far as I know, sigil only works for the weapon you put it in, at the exception of “upon killing a foe”. So, if you put Sigil of Force in a Sword, then 1-3 will be boosted by x%, or if you put it in a Focus, then 4 and 5 will be boosted by x%.

I’m pretty sure when I tried this in the Mist, I have Sigil of Force on my Shield and it increased my auto-attacks (1) for my Sword. I will try again when I get home.

in Guardian

Sairenkao.6485

Might of the Protector

Every time i block an attack with an aegis i get might stacks. Maybe it is just with aegis?

I don’t believe you get might from blocking with Shelter or Shield of Wrath, but I think I’ve gotten might from aegis and protector’s strike.

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

Might of the Protector

Only might I get is from with Blast Finisher on a fire field. Maybe something glitch if you get 25 Valor, then reset your traits?

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Might of the Protector

Only might I get is from with Blast Finisher on a fire field. Maybe something glitch if you get 25 Valor, then reset your traits?

ive never, ever gotten more than 10 pts in valor.

in Guardian

Sairenkao.6485

Maybe it got fixed in a recent update? I actually have checked recently.

in Guardian

Qelris.6901

I’ve made my first guardian about a week after launch and never had might upon a block. Highest I’ve ever had was 20 Valor.

in Guardian

Posted by: RakaNishoo.6071

RakaNishoo.6071

I confirm that Renewed Justice is not causing Virtue of Justice to be renewed upon killing certain foes: For example: Rock Dogs in Fields Of Ruin (SE)

EDIT:
It also doesn’t recharge on killing hyenas that are ogre’s minions. Since Rock Dogs are Centaur’s minions in other locations, maybe it is intentional that it does not work with minions.
The only problem then is that Rock Dogs I killed in Fields of Ruin were single mobs.

(edited by RakaNishoo.6071)

in Guardian

Posted by: CheatnHax.4908

CheatnHax.4908

I seem to be getting a bug in Spvp/Tpvp where my SoA and downed skill #2 are not knocking back at all even when I am positive there is no stability around. Has anyone else ran into this issue? it has caused more than a 1 or 2 undeserved deaths and lost points.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I seem to be getting a bug in Spvp/Tpvp where my SoA and downed skill #2 are not knocking back at all even when I am positive there is no stability around. Has anyone else ran into this issue? it has caused more than a 1 or 2 undeserved deaths and lost points.

Ive never experienced this, if my soa didnt push em it was cuz they had stability, has anybody else seen this happen?

in Guardian

Posted by: CheatnHax.4908

CheatnHax.4908

Wish I could say the same. I know for sure I have had guildees experience this as well and it has gotten to the point now that when my downed #2 doesn’t work I have started tabbing around to see who actually DOES have stability.

in Guardian

Y u mad its vydia.6324

Thank you guys for testing the symbols, quite interesting its the first kind of study showing how they interact with finishers.

From what i could tell is that the finisher will go for the field that appeared first as shown in the video, y u mad issue is that since the hammer tosses so many of those symbols the chances for it to be the one being there first are very very high, specially with longer and bigger since he has that protection symbol almost 100% of the time, so practically everything other allies are casting is landing over a light field. I also hate area retaliation finishers on pve but I don´t really see a bug here yet. What do you guys think?, if the behavior is consistent then its not a bug, but if the fields that proc are random regardless of order then its different.

About the Traited shield of absortion when ressing I wasn´t aware it did push back before and then got removed, i didnt get to play that early into the betas, if somebody could confirm this also I´ll move it to the unsure section so we can get some clarification if it is actually intended to or not.

I have been thinking about this a lot over lately and here’s what I think: It is possible to weave a Fire Combo in between your Light Field spam IF you don’t use Symbols last longer without losing much DPS. Unfortunately, there’s a bigger issue: I have tested this with a friend, and the same priority applies to allies as well. Basically right now a Hammer Guardian is hindering cross-profession combos. I’ve been inside some dungeon runs and I wanted to die when a Mesmer put up Ethereal fields under the enemy and no one was getting Chaos Armor / Confusion Bolts because of me. I see no way around this, or any way to sugar coat it: Light Fields are situational at best, other times they plain suck. Any other field is better than Light Field. I think developers should know about this problem. I really, really can’t see me using Hammer anymore in groups because I’m basically trolling my allies with worthless fields all day every day. My suggestion is that we start a thread about this in the bugs section (Guardians cause it, but it affects all players really), add all the know about it (including the video showing this behavior) and hope that developers somehow fix this oversight.

A good suggestion imo would be to remake the 1 chain into ending with something similar to what Smite (Scepter) is that works the same way, giving the same amount of protection, but without being a Light Field, and find some way to give Area Retaliation (which is a big part of the hammer, unfortunately) – probably by simply imbuing Mighty Blow so that when it hits the newly created Symbol of Protection it gives Area Retaliation in addition to any effects Mighty Blow might trigger as a Blast Finisher.

I will await your input, you can make the thread or I could make it.

About Might of the Protector: I never got any Might stack from blocking. I am currently 10 points into Valor and this has never happened to me. Neither from Aegis, Mace, Focus skills. I use these all the time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

Perfect Inscriptions (trait) has multiple bugs:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guardian-Trait-Radiance-Perfect-Inscriptions-XII/first#post98336
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guardian-Grandmaster-radiance-traits-bugged

Some testing of bane+wrath.
- At 80 in town it shows the green bonus as the same regardless of the trait.
- When transitioning to a level 80 zone the green bonus goes away but the signet bonus is accounted for in the main stat (power). Trait bonus still doesn’t show as factored in.
- Transitioning to a de-leveled zone causes it to be a green bonus again, and this time it applies properly. However if you change it in the zone it doesn’t show the change the stats (if they change…) until you enter another zone/log in/out.

Thats interesting, I tested this at the mists.

Checked the base healing/condition damage/power.

• 963 healing stat on character panel without signet of mercy.

Equipped the signets and checked again, noticed they went up.

• Signet of mercy made the stat show as 1063 healing now.

Equipped the trait and they went up again

• Signet of mercy made the stat show as 1081 healing.

So maybe its just a pve type of bug rather than generalized?
Its possible, I remember one was unable to detonate shield of absortion in pve but pvp worked fine.

Alright, did some more testing of this, so I’ll break it down as simply as I can:
- In PvE+WvW it functions as I mentioned in my quoted post.
- In sPVP/Mists it adjusts correctly as you described, but the amount of power listed on the bane signet tooltip still goes missing when the talent is selected.
—-Though the greater question is why does bane signet have a tooltip for the amount when the others don’t.

Also, the tooltip for the boon (not the skill) from signet of judgement always says 10%, so I’m not sure if this is a tooltip bug or as intended to not be affected by the talent or not. Same for Signet of Resolve and curing a condition every 10 seconds.
—-Other signet boons don’t list the amount at all.

(edited by Bellatrix.5402)

in Guardian

Posted by: Syrek.3708

Syrek.3708

I haven’t seen anyone mention it yet so I keep wondering if it’s just me, but my autoattack seems to turn itself off at random.

I can’t reliably reproduce it but it appears to have something to do with placing symbols.
Usually I use greatsword for general PvE and I jump at enemies using the 4 skill or Judge’s Intervention, then place Symbol of Wrath on their feet and when I don’t immediately follow up with the 3 skill (whirling), very often my autoattack is turned off.

I realize this is not gamebreaking but sometimes in the heat of battle I don’t realize it immediately and proceed to stand next to the mob like an idiot while not attacking at all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Timeslayer.4513

Timeslayer.4513

Already mentioned in one of the replies, but not on the main list.. The trait “Perfect Inscriptions”, in the Radiance line at Grandmaster level, does not seem to be working as intended or as described.

Also, makes the passive effects of signets disappear from the tooltips on the skills. (Unless you look at them on your list of all skills)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Hello guys, Im back on town, time to update this stuff<3

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I Have noticed a few things on my guardian that seem out of place and would like a second and third opinion:
1) When using Renewed Focus:
a. I can be knocked back/down when channeling this (Not sure if its intentional)
b. Conditions on me, such as bleed and poison, continue to damage me to the point where I went down during the channel (TA dungeon, near end where tentacle girls inflict massive bleeds on you)
c. This last one may be just my eyes, but all my skills on cool-down stop counting down for those three seconds, essentially freezing my skill bar for 3 seconds.
I just feel this “elite” skill hardly feels elite when other classes get more seconds of invulnerability and can move.

2) The Hammer
When wielding a hammer, Anet replied to complaints that the banish skill was pointless because it knocked an opponent away from you that you had to chase down. They stated that the ring of warding should go up first before you banish. It is a good combo but ring continues to fail. Seeing as you got most of the problems already listed, I would like to add another one.
When the spirit hammer is summoned and it does its passive knockback, it knocks them out of the ring of warding. Kind of defeats the rings purpose in my opinion. I would think the ring would block that knockback too since it is essentially the same thing.

I’ve done several times this ring of warding into banish combo, the issue i see with it is that the ring mini knock back overwrites the long knockdown animation from banish when they hit the line.

Never seen the hammer knock people out of the ring, that situation never happened hehe, ill try to see it with the pvp trianing guys in a bit.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

did further testing and found the root of the might stacks upon blocking, , if you get 25 points into honor it activates the 25 pt valor trait too

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Added the ring of warding and line of warding with banish issues, updated the perfect inscriptions, added hammer of wisdom knocking people through the warding ring and line, added the issue with courageous return not working.

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

I haven’t seen anyone mention it yet so I keep wondering if it’s just me, but my autoattack seems to turn itself off at random.

I can’t reliably reproduce it but it appears to have something to do with placing symbols.
Usually I use greatsword for general PvE and I jump at enemies using the 4 skill or Judge’s Intervention, then place Symbol of Wrath on their feet and when I don’t immediately follow up with the 3 skill (whirling), very often my autoattack is turned off.

I realize this is not gamebreaking but sometimes in the heat of battle I don’t realize it immediately and proceed to stand next to the mob like an idiot while not attacking at all.

Tested this, its not random, the auto attack wont start by itself if you start the chain off with a symbol and you were not auto attacking before. Its probably generalized that auto attacks wont activate from aoe fields on targets not being autoattacked before.

(edited by Apraxas.3685)

in Guardian

Apraxas.3685

Dev confirmed that the issue with the size of SoA is purely visual, editing main post.

link

in Guardian

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

Pretty sure people might already know this but…

Using Binding Blade/Pull on a enemy that is on slightly “off” or “uneven” ground disrupts the full “pulling” of the ability.

Example: I am standing on a flat surface. Enemy on the relatively same level (most of the time only slightly raise, way less then a full jump height can reach. You can walk up the step normally too.). Use binding blade/pull. Enemy gets caught on the area that sinks down and stops. (Usually like step or even rock elevation. No higher up then a porch would be)

I have alot of trouble with this is PvE, PvP (WvW and sPvP), and dungeons! This game is beautiful and has a very high level of detail. Even in the environments. But its also that same detail causing this problems. Especially with ranged npcs designed on elevated grounds. Trying to reduce their chances to hit you or even restricting their ability to be at a range isnt possible with this skill at the moment, which is suppose to be the skills main function.

Personally i think it should be able to pull players down from higher areas but not the other way around.

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in Guardian

Posted by: Tritoch.9345

Tritoch.9345

This can be considered a bug, or its just need to be better explained.

The bug is with most 6 healing rune set bonus, where when you cast a healing spell , X is supposed to happen. Apparently the skill doesn’t work with some skills. The one’s I’ve tested so far are the heal that comes out after our roll, (forgot the name of the trait) and the healing orb from the staff. I probably tested the empower ability but I forgot the results and cannot retry it due to not having the 6 set bonus anymore. I also would like to know if the set bonus would work with warriors shout (traited to heal other players on cast).

in Guardian

Posted by: Tritoch.9345

Tritoch.9345

Cant find the edit button but please disregard my previous post, It was clarified through wiki.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sol.3296

Sol.3296

Anyone else noticing that the No. 2 hammer ability jumps you far further than your target, yet still does the damage at the correct location?

This happens a lot when I’m standing within the 130 range and I end up having to run back into melee. Very frustrating in PvP as it is not reliable as a gap closer half the time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fluffiness.7286

Fluffiness.7286

Merciful Intervention – Its good that the dev actually make this skill display proper information. However, the healing does not heal myself, unless the target is right beside me. If the target is more than 300 range away, this skill heals other allies but myself. Is this skill suppose to be like this?