[Guide] WvWvW/Pve Shatter Cat 2014-04-23

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

These builds are still viable, and amongst the top of effectiveness when played well…

But theyre very difficult compared to faceroll warriors/necros/rangers :/.

Condition is probably the most forgiving build we have.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Verr.2167

Verr.2167

Hi,

i’ve just back to guild wars 2 after one year and I’m wondering which build is ok right now. Is shattering build still powerful on wvw or spvp which one is good at pve? Can anyone recommend me any build (or just ‘type’ of build) like shattering, conditions or phantasms? I love Osicat builds, and just want to know are they still in power

Best Regards and thank you for all replies,
Zavvic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Catalyst.4862

Catalyst.4862

guys does the Shatter cat 3.0 build work out in this meta and which runes and trinkets should i get?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Verr.2167

Verr.2167

Anyway, which build is ok right now? Shatters on con. dmg?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

OK, Hi ppl.

Been a while. I been taking a brake, even smurfed a little and atm also pve rading in another gaem. Still, might bump in some in the comming. Will read tru ppls post and try answer some questions in the coming days when I have time.

/Osicat

PS:

in Mesmer

Posted by: shallow.3970

shallow.3970

Hey, I would love to check out your Videos Osicat, but they are all banned in Germany due to Copyright of the music used.

Just to be mentioned.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Ohai; nice to see you around Osicat!

I already thought you might have not been thinking of us anymore. ^^

in Mesmer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

Oh man, always so awesome to see you Osicat. Mind if I ask what Graphic Card you have on your computer? This is totally irrelevant but I want to know how you look so amazing in all your videos. lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wafel.1396

Wafel.1396

Hello all ;] Im new in mesmer family, ive been playing to this moment GS Warrior and now im starting play mesmer ;] Can u tell me which of this builds and which weapons will be best for pve (lvling/events/dungeon)? I will be very grateful for ur help and advices!

I have one more litle question: is mesmer able to solo kill champions? If yes using which type of build it will be?

Big thx in advance for any help/answers Have a nice day to all mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: khawagga.3194

khawagga.3194

Looks like the builds at gw2skills.net are not working any more. Anyone have working links to builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vexd.1238

Vexd.1238

Heavy 3.0 broken after 10th december patch.

Illusionary Invigoration moved to master level.

Can no longer take Illusionary Invigoration, Illusionary Elasticity, Illusionary Persona at the same time.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Uppdate and Message to the guide folowers.

Hi all.

I had a looong brake from the game. Played semi casual and not had time for any gaming last weeks. Now I play to start play GW2 some again. Will also put soem energy in update the guide.

This will force me to cut hard in the builds as they not al viable of optimal in some cases,

My first update is to polich and sort Condition Cat as its my capital build atm in wvwvw.

New build is called…. Condition Cat 3.0

Video will come in some time. mabye 3-5 days.

Roaming and group combat: http://tinyurl.com/Condition-cat-3-0

Low populated roaming (Aka early mornings) and dueling: http://tinyurl.com/Condition-cat-3-0-duel

Next step is sort 1 shatter build. Will most likley delete several wvwv builds thu.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Heavy 4.0 incoming after, will look more or less like this.

http://tinyurl.com/Shatter-Cat-Heavy-4-0

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kogam.4752

Kogam.4752

So that means I can go a staff berserker build? I didn’t knew it worked, I thought that staff was the ‘’condition weapon’’ of the mesmer, just like scepter.

~ Mantus Family ~
Member of Kaineng

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Question.
Would not Centaur runes be a better choice than Air runes?

Smarter people than me can crunch the numbers to see how much DPS is gained or lost by sacrificing 10% crit damage for 165 power.

The swiftness on Centaur runes (10 sec with a 10 sec cooldown) lasts for twice as long as the swiftness from Air runes (5 sec with a 10 sec cooldown), not to mention Centaur runes also cast it on nearby allies, air is you and you alone.

No idea if the bleed duration on the Centaur runes applies to bleeds caused by illusions, but the Air 6 effect you’d be losing doesn’t seem that valueable to me anyways. Hitting one person every 10 seconds at most, that only goes off if you’re hit first? Meh.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Dakota, As I said in my previous post I remaking al builds after latest patch’s. At the moment no of the updated builds I have use any of the runes you mention.

As a side note, when the builds was made (Mist 2.0) the air burst was totaly woth the proc, best hit I had by that time with the proc was ~7k. That took 50%+ of a GC thief. But again, its not important as I atm remaking al builds.

Only 2 builds currently in the Shatter Cat guide is Condition 3.0 and Heavy 4.0, neather fully tuned and still under construction.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seraphis.1359

Seraphis.1359

Osi, is there anyway you could post the original shattercat back to your site? Or are you completely updating the build? I was literally going on there just now to see which runes you had picked cuz I just bought a new weap on my mesmer

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

I completely updating the builds starting with heavy cat 4.0 and condition cat 3.0

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Saturn.6591

Welcome back, Osicat!

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Update

New build : Condition Cat 3.0

Enjoy

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Debuti.6017

Debuti.6017

hi osicat,
I have resumed the game after a long break as you have, and i am still confused with so many changes

do u still use Perplexity runes? are they still viable?.
are u thinking in a new rune set?

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

in Mesmer

Posted by: Debuti.6017

Debuti.6017

hi again,

I might be wrong but i don´t see the runes in your link, i think you forgot to add them. hehe

thx for help

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Wooops, well perplexy it is

sorry

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Update

New build

Direct dmg PU Cat

3.2 – Direct dmg PU Cat

A high dmg spec who aloso have high toughness plus PU? Yes it can be wery effective in terms of roaming and also fill a role in a bigger scale fight. It’s effective in small groups and solo play but also in bigger teams of 10-15 man. As your clones don’t need to survive to do dmg Or help your team with cc you can go rather deep into the fight. The spec also use shatters as a burst tool
High pressure with sudden spikes of crit dmg from shatters and phantasm dmg make this spec capable of down most enemy’s.
Might stacking and clone generating fast due to double force and might on dodge.
This is manly a for wvwv but work well in sPVP non tournament. When I have backup I use GS, If solo I often use staff.
Runes in the build and sigils:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Hoelbrak
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Perception

Food:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Orrian_Truffle_and_Meat_Stew

Base is to keep high power and crit, use the Heavy’s gearsetup for 1800+ toughness and stack might for give pressure dmg. Especially the GS setup have a superb might stacking capability.

Characteristics:

Use sword in MH .
Use OH torch with trait for condition clearing and short cd.
Staff for defensive gameplay GS for offensive
Mightstacking, high dmg and high survival
Geared for passive defense but still with high dmg output and burst capability
Gear and Build: http://tinyurl.com/Hidden-Cat

ENjoy!!!!!

(edited by Osicat.4139)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adri.2340

Adri.2340

Hi Osi,

Great to see you back, I’m really looking forward your new builds and advices.

Question though, in your new Direct Damage PU build (which I think you should rename “Hidden Cat 1.0” ^^), looks like you’ve put the pistol in the gear link instead of the torch…
Few questions about the Hidden Cat 1.0 build…

This build is kind of similar of what I’m playing, but I just can’t see myself without traveler runes anymore…What do you think about them, do you think they might fit nice with this build ?

And… I’m usually playing 10/20/30/10/0 instead of 20/20/30/0/0 in order to take mender’s purity (which received a nice buff)…but this trait doesn’t scale nice with the new healing signet (35s cooldown…).
I like veil, so I’ve gone with ether feast and mender’s purity instead of mantra of purity and healing signet.
Is it bad choice you think ?

Last…I’ve noticed that you don’t stack vitality anymore…I know you never were a big fan of it compared to toughness but is 15,2K hp really enough or forgiving if one (let say…me) doesn’t have the skills you have ?

Very happy to see you back anyway !

Sorry for my bad english, not my native language.

Zaleinn (Mesmer) / Akreinn (Guardian)
[ExiL]
Jade Sea (FR)

(edited by Adri.2340)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hesy Ra.8371

Hesy Ra.8371

Update

New build

Direct dmg PU Cat

3.2 – Direct dmg PU Cat

A high dmg spec who aloso have high toughness plus PU? Yes it can be wery effective in terms of roaming and also fill a role in a bigger scale fight. It’s effective in small groups and solo play but also in bigger teams of 10-15 man. As your clones don’t need to survive to do dmg Or help your team with cc you can go rather deep into the fight. The spec also use shatters as a burst tool
High pressure with sudden spikes of crit dmg from shatters and phantasm dmg make this spec capable of down most enemy’s.
Might stacking and clone generating fast due to double force and might on dodge.
This is manly a for wvwv but work well in sPVP non tournament. When I have backup I use GS, If solo I often use staff.
Runes in the build and sigils:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Hoelbrak
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Perception

Food:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Orrian_Truffle_and_Meat_Stew

Base is to keep high power and crit, use the Heavy’s gearsetup for 1800+ toughness and stack might for give pressure dmg. Especially the GS setup have a superb might stacking capability.

Characteristics:

Use sword in MH .
Use OH torch with trait for condition clearing and short cd.
Staff for defensive gameplay GS for offensive
Mightstacking, high dmg and high survival
Geared for passive defense but still with high dmg output and burst capability
Gear and Build: http://tinyurl.com/Direct-dmg-PU-Cat

ENjoy!!!!!

Very nice, ty. I realy enjoy the video and the build! I’ll try it myself I think )

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Adri, What would I do without you ppl read thru what i pst and tell me when I fail. I got al im my head but when I try to put it on paper it kinda… gor corrupted lol.

Ofc Torch not pistol Ty alot. Also the berzerker accesorys stuff suppose to be +18 vit, also I was planning to press some valkyre in on a few spots. But just as you say, im no big fan of vitality normaly, especialy when the condition removal is high like in this build.

About easter and veil, sure, the builds I post is only “how I like to do it” but what work for me not nessesery need to work for others.

/Osicat

PS, Build is now called “hidden Cat” its just so chessy name I could not help lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adri.2340

Adri.2340

So glad I’ve found a name for one of your builds, it will be my pride for decades ^^
You just did not tell me what you think about traveler runes ? For roaming I just can’t see myself without that +25% swiftness anymore…
Thanks a lot for your answers Osi, keep up the fantastic work !

Zaleinn (Mesmer) / Akreinn (Guardian)
[ExiL]
Jade Sea (FR)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teren.9246

Teren.9246

Hi,

I tried to see video of Hidden Cat in YouTube but it’s blocked in my country (Spain).

But I’ll try use it tonight (I have now armor/trinckets for Old 3.3 shatter cat build).

Thank you Osi.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Teren, have you tetsed use a proxy? several good web proxys out there free to use, for most ppl “Hide my kitten ” works.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malakin.2809

Malakin.2809

Wow I’ve been using basically the same build as Hidden Cat but with focus instead of torch (with soup for less condition duration and reduced GS cooldown). But I’m gonna switch to torch now that the Warden is super broken. Glad to see you posting videos again :-)

in Mesmer

Posted by: SIN.3186

SIN.3186

Hello Osicat I am a big fan and very glad to see you back in the game I hope the fans don’t run you off from the constant questions, but honestly you seem to be the center of all that is mesmer .. I wish you well and hope to test builds with you and people you know that have as much knowledge. Please if you could post some others I might catch in game to get to work on helping me with the build im looking for. I guess what I want is a WvW that can output the highest burst and last inside high number enemy zergs. I know this may be asking much and I am not really sure how viable that is with a mesmer to begin with. Thank you for reading for those that are willing to help

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Sin, as dmg dealer mesmer in a zerg you eather need 2 fill one of 3 different roles.

A: frontline spam nr 1 dmg dealer (not optimal as mesmer in my opinion)

B: Mid zerg GS, phantasm + shatters (instant) /glamour caster (here we can be effective if we use alot of toughnes+power gear)

C: A rogue class picking of low health players in the edges of the fight, dive in dive out + assist with portals + glmaours when needed.

If you not want to play with enemy zerg team you need to eather Go roaming solo/duo alternative mid/smal team build. Here your role will be to stalk enemy zergs (the less organiced the more effective) and pick ppl of, be a annoying wasp who sting anyone who not stay in the safeness of the pack. Slow and annoy the team with cripples and glmours. For this atm PU builds are wery wery effective, alternative you want a high toughness shatter build ~ 0-20-20-0-30 with focus traited staff and speed runes.

Obs, this is my peronal opionion. Others might think different, I can only give my own thoughts in the matter.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: SIN.3186

SIN.3186

I really appreciate your insight and thank you for all your input which seems very logical. Please feel free to use me a tool to help further anything you might need me to test out in return for your awesomeness I want to be one that gives back to you instead of one that takes takes takes from you

in Mesmer

Posted by: kusosama.1346

kusosama.1346

I’m on the fence between PU and Illusionary Persona. Mostly because of the almost required counter to the still prevalent stun warrior builds out there.

Does the extra second and random cloak buffs increase survivability much higher than a Shatterupt version of this build?

EDIT

Wanted to point out to everyone that you can stack a ton of might with Chaos Storm on a zerg (WvW or PvE). I’m not sure if any of you have tried the “Signet of Inspiration” after build up those stacks.

(edited by kusosama.1346)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Kusosama, Idd might stacking then share boons is one of the reasons I say Hidden Cat and Shatter Cat Heavy 4.0 both are good for many aspects of WvWvW.

For survival, in teamfights Both Hidden Cat, Condi Cat and Shatter Cat heavy have amazing survival and no worry what spec you go for. For roaming the reaons I atm favour a direct dmg PU spec is that it dont realy have any counters. Add mobility to it and you can escape from practicly anything, use a pistol and you have a hard counter towards BS thiefs etc, its extremly verisiable and flexible setup.

@All.

The build is new but still It already is time for a update to my atm newest build Hidden Cat,

Hidden Cat 2.0:

http://tinyurl.com/Hidden-Cat-2-0

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: kusosama.1346

kusosama.1346

@Osicat, Yeah I’m mostly showing how a small utility skill can change this build from amazing roamer to PvE map zerging.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Los Re.4607

Los Re.4607

Hello Osicat and welcome back. I use this build for some time now and i have a question: doesn’t arcane thievery fits better than mantra of resolve?

EDIT: Also battle sigils on both weapons make the might stacking insane.

(edited by Los Re.4607)

in Mesmer

Saturn.6591

doesn’t arcane thievery fits better than mantra of resolve?

From my personal experience, Arcane Thievery is very unreliable. If you’re running away, you can’t use it. If you’re fighting, you can use it but often it won’t do anything because it missed for some reason and then goes on full cooldown. On top of that, the mantra cleanses more conditions on a shorter cooldown and it also supports allies around you. So I personally would only ever us it (Arcane Thievery) for boon-stealing in PvE.

That might be different for a player with the skill-level of Osicat, though; so maybe he’s got different reasons. ^^

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Los Re, As Saturn say, I dont use AT due to the unreliability factor. My build already have the dmg do take ppl down and when I want to clense conditions its a I need em away NOW situation, cant hope to land a AT as it might cost my life if I fail to land it.

And yes, latest Hidden Cat mightstacking is insane, was reaching 25 stacks 3 times in my latest WvWvW roaming solo run, that is almost 900 extra power and condition dmg!

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: LiebnirGWAccount.5698

LiebnirGWAccount.5698

@Los Re, As Saturn say, I dont use AT due to the unreliability factor. My build already have the dmg do take ppl down and when I want to clense conditions its a I need em away NOW situation, cant hope to land a AT as it might cost my life if I fail to land it.

And yes, latest Hidden Cat mightstacking is insane, was reaching 25 stacks 3 times in my latest WvWvW roaming solo run, that is almost 900 extra power and condition dmg!

/Osicat

Hey-hey! With your SPvP Hotjoin variant with the Sword/Pistol Scepter/Torch, do you think it’d be viable for WvW/PvE if a few alterations were made?

Tarnished Coast – [LGBT]
Trixxie Virtuoso – Mesmer
http://trixxietheasura.tumblr.com/

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Lieb… jesus long name YEs its viable in wvwvw, just not that in bigger fights the pistol get less and less useful and GS gets more and more usefull. As soon you have a 5+ vs 5+ I would switch to sword/torch + GS as you by then can hide in the numbers better aswell.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

@Kusosama, Idd might stacking then share boons is one of the reasons I say Hidden Cat and Shatter Cat Heavy 4.0 both are good for many aspects of WvWvW.

For survival, in teamfights Both Hidden Cat, Condi Cat and Shatter Cat heavy have amazing survival and no worry what spec you go for. For roaming the reaons I atm favour a direct dmg PU spec is that it dont realy have any counters. Add mobility to it and you can escape from practicly anything, use a pistol and you have a hard counter towards BS thiefs etc, its extremly verisiable and flexible setup.

@All.

The build is new but still It already is time for a update to my atm newest build Hidden Cat,

Hidden Cat 2.0:

http://tinyurl.com/Hidden-Cat-2-0

/Osicat

Osicat im addicted to the extended blink trait would i be losing much if i replaced the phantasmal fury for it in this build.

Ida

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Pwent, absolutley not, I usualy use both extended blink & lesser cd on blink with http://tinyurl.com/Hidden-Cat-2-0 when I use a GS, but I keep fury and drop clone on dodge.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@ all Update.

New video:

Build: http://tinyurl.com/OMFG-build

in Mesmer

Posted by: PandaBear.7510

PandaBear.7510

@ all Update.

New video:

Build: http://tinyurl.com/OMFG-build

Osi, it may just not be showing up for me, but I think you forgot to post the link to the video.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

in Mesmer

Posted by: Enrim.3805

Enrim.3805

Hi Osi.
Why do you use sigil of Doom and not the Might on swap sigil

in Mesmer