[Guide] WvWvW/Pve Shatter Cat 2014-04-23

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angrybird.8914

Angrybird.8914

Osicat,What are you thoughts of changing the runes for shatter cat to Rune of Strength,With Sigil of Battle?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hitsutai.7854

Hitsutai.7854

Osicat ur napalm cat doesnt have 4 points in domination to use the torch condition clean trait… just wanted to let you know…build is solid am enjoying it very much nice job…cheers

in Mesmer

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

Osi,what do you think about swapping condition signet for the condition removal mantra for napalm.

I seem to have trouble with necros

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hitsutai.7854

Hitsutai.7854

Osi,what do you think about swapping condition signet for the condition removal mantra for napalm.

I seem to have trouble with necros

i thought about that aswell and if u drop the 2 points in inspiration add it to domination u get 2 torch cleans with domination IX and then u need to switch the food, Toxic focusing crystal for potent master tuning crystal, u can add then the cleans mantra, and lose around 100 condition damage… but u get 4 more condi cleans but realy dunno if its better or worse… makes it a bit more defensive i guess…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

@Harris&Hitsutai. a lot better if you want better condition management is accualy to go 0-6-6-2-0 and have 3 uses on the mantra / charge. If you want hardcore this can be combined with condi clens mantra and that give 6+3 x 2 (18) conditions cleared and ~17 k healed in 20 sec.

Personally I sometimes combine mantra x 3 with signet of domination, still hardcore heal and condi clense but not a real dmg loss.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Season.8604

Season.8604

Hey Osi, I’ve been running a similar spec to the ghost build in sPVP since the patch, albeit with strength runes – it’s a huge boost in might duration as well as the 7% damage that you gain. I’m wondering, in WVW, how necessary is the 25% movement speed increase from travelers? It seems you are losing a significant amount of damage when you go that route, compared to strength runes.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xussy.2971

Xussy.2971

Hello Osicat!

Always been a major fan of your builds, and recently got back into gw2.
I’m wanting to gear up my mesmer again with one of your builds, but I only have the funds to do this once for now, so I was wondering if there were any new/updated shatter builds incoming or are the current hidden & shatter cat builds already up to date for use?

Many thanks and keep it up

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Invest in travaler runes if you can and aim for roaming, it fill several builds needs, both hidden Cat and ghost works well. Will uppdate the sigils etc in some time but general, mightstacking x 2 (battle and strength) is extremly strong and u need 2 x stacking sigils, 1 on u stacking wep and 1 on u underwater wep.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bryson.2145

Bryson.2145

Is it possible to use sigil of battle and strength on a 2 handed weapon at the same time?

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Bryson

Yes.

@All. Hidden Cat updated to 5.0

in Mesmer

Posted by: PandaBear.7510

PandaBear.7510

@Bryson

Yes.

@All. Hidden Cat updated to 5.0

I’m guessing you meant to select mantra of resolve instead of the mantra of concentration? Otherwise, looks like the build doesn’t have any condi removal.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@ Pandabear, its condi removal is stronger than ever, 2condis / heal and 3x used of heal mantra / 10 sec give superb condition managment.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: PandaBear.7510

PandaBear.7510

@ Pandabear, its condi removal is stronger than ever, 2condis / heal and 3x used of heal mantra / 10 sec give superb condition managment.

/Osicat

Guess i’m a bit confused. In the build link you posted, I see that you have Harmonious Mantras selected for 3x uses of mantras but you don’t have mender’s purity selected to remove conditions on heal. This is why I asked if you meant to select Mantra of Resolve instead of Mantra of Concentration.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Jesus crist, sorted and ty for tell. WHne I copy pastle from different windows the link sometimes gets weard in tiny URL. I copyed wrong windos/build. Its now sorted.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: harris.7964

harris.7964

Yiiiiipppppeeeee.Waiting for video :-D

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arcanis.8049

Arcanis.8049

I came back from a long break.

The vid… did I see six illusions at once? How is that possible?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

Hey Osicat, i love your builds. I’ve been using them since day one

I just wanted to ask how viable your Shatter Cat Ghost build is. Would shatter be better off played in full berserker in WvW or is Knights/Soldier mix still the best way to go?

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@DoomKnightMax, I personaly prefere a mix of zerker soldier and knight. But I think its best ppl mess around to se what works for them.

@All, Napalm Cat Updated to a more durable and effective build.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

in Mesmer

Posted by: Necrophagia.7026

Necrophagia.7026

Awesome builds and explanations… also your videos, makes me love more Mesmer class. Congrats for all the work

in Mesmer

Posted by: Andrea.4251

Andrea.4251

Invest in travaler runes if you can and aim for roaming, it fill several builds needs, both hidden Cat and ghost works well….

Good morning,
I’m back to GW2 and I’ve got limited funds (kind of the user you already answered to above) to invest so I would like to know what build you suggest me to use for WvW solo roaming only.
Also, provided I have enough gold, do I have to replace Rune of Balthazar with rune of Traveler?

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with us!

in Mesmer

DoomKnightMax.6592

Hey Osicat! I’m back with another question about the shatter cat ghost build!
I can’t seem to get enough damage out with this build, neither can I stay alive long enough to kill my opponents. What am I doing wrong?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dmiezo.9815

Dmiezo.9815

Hi Osicat, i like to try your shatter cat build and do you mind to explain about your skill rotation ? i’m not really a good mesmer and quite confused and lost when i watching your vid

in Mesmer

Posted by: askandytsai.1973

askandytsai.1973

Hello Osicat.

Thank you for sharing your builds, I have been enjoying the napalm cat in the past week in sPVP. Works quite well. Have only been beaten by a shatter mesmer and a very sticky necro.

Haven’t yet tried out the ghost build.

Just want to ask you, is napalm cat your current preffered build or the ghost? for wvw and spvp.

Since I want to be very familiar with an effective build before I try out new builds.

Thanks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Serhend.6382

Serhend.6382

Hey this is a condi build without PU or any trait in toughness line. It has scepter-torch and staff. It has AOE torment, lots of it. Also has poison, bleed and confusion.

Confusion has 33% increase trait.
Bleed duration is maxed out.
Overall condi duration is 70%

Runes can be swapped for Runes of Torment, Traveler Runes, Afflicted Runes or even Undead Runes. BTW Krait runes are gold with PU builds too, you not only get tons of boons, it also bursts some condi while using mass invis.

Food can be swapped with orrian truffle to get faster endurance regen and hence more dodge and clones.

All shatter skills inflict torment per shattered illusion, which means you can just stack 6 torment in like 2 seconds just by shatter, some comes from torment sigil and block. If you get runes of torment it is even worse, also on heal. This gives poison bleed and torment on elite skill use. I tried it in WvW, downing multiple opponents very very easily and quickly. Totally fun!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNArfWlknpTtNoxMNcrNSpBh6ycnmSyAUhS2hyB-TFSHABmo+zF6DMS52RKJCZ/BAeCARpEM4TBApAgZXF-w

(edited by Serhend.6382)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Hey this is a condi build without PU or any trait in toughness line. It has scepter-torch and staff. It has AOE torment, lots of it. Also has poison, bleed and confusion.

Runes can be swapped for Runes of Torment, Traveler Runes, Afflicted Runes or even Undead Runes. BTW Krait runes are gold with PU builds too, you not only get tons of boons, it also bursts some condi while using mass invis.

Food can be swapped with orrian truffle to get faster endurance regen and hence more dodge and clones.

All shatter skills inflict torment per shattered illusion, which means you can just stack 6 torment in like 2 seconds just by shatter, some comes from torment sigil and block. If you get runes of torment it is even worse, also on heal. This gives poison bleed and torment on elite skill use. I tried it in WvW, downing multiple opponents very very easily and quickly. Totally fun!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNArfWlknpTtNoxMNcrNSpBh6ycnmSyAUhS2hyB-TFSHABmo+zF6DMS52RKJCZ/BAeCARpEM4TBApAgZXF-w

not sure why u post ur build cause u didnt say smth like : rate it pls ’ or could u give me hints about what to improve about it’ or this build seems to do the same as urs but seems to be better’

anyway its not decent to post ur own build in someone elses thread, try opening a new thread and post the build there with a small explanation and if possible video, most builds r always getting criticised unless u post a video, even if its rly awesome

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

just curious is any of this viable for pve exploration?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

just curious is any of this viable for pve exploration?

Anything is viable for PvE exploration, but not everything is effective.

And no, this is not effective at all.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Try both phantasm and shatter in Pavilion’s arena and you’ll find out you waste a lot of sustain damage against PvE bosses. However I think full power shatter works great in cleaving normal mobs, since I can melt a whole group of Orr risen in a matter of seconds. Wish that trait-sets/trait-decks thing kick in soon so I can swap traits easily.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Serhend.6382

Serhend.6382

not sure why u post ur build cause u didnt say smth like : rate it pls ’ or could u give me hints about what to improve about it’ or this build seems to do the same as urs but seems to be better’

anyway its not decent to post ur own build in someone elses thread, try opening a new thread and post the build there with a small explanation and if possible video, most builds r always getting criticised unless u post a video, even if its rly awesome

How about you stay out of it when it is none of your business.

I don’t have to say anything while posting it. I posted it here for reasons of my own, probably obvious to the relevant person. Since you are not the relevant person you should just let it pass.

And I really don’t need criticism from walking decency sticks who cannot even output a proper text.

(edited by Serhend.6382)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

How about you stay out of it when it is none of your business.

I don’t have to say anything while posting it. I posted it here for reasons of my own, probably obvious to the relevant person. Since you are not the relevant person you should just let it pass.

And I really don’t need criticism from walking decency sticks who cannot even output a proper text.

well i just said it in a friendly way but u dont seem to get it, anyway not gonna argue in a guide thread~

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Melonhoof.5067

Melonhoof.5067

@Osicat
I am using your Hidden cat build and i am having a real hard time to kill some players…. today i tried so hard to kill a warrior, he wasn’t able to kill me cuz i am pretty good using stealth and avoid stuff, but i wasn’t able to drop his HP not even half of it…. the fight took like 5 min, and i just gave up and went away… im very sad about my damage… some players are imposible to kill on x1….

what am i doing wrong?

in Mesmer

DoomKnightMax.6592

@Osicat
I am using your Hidden cat build and i am having a real hard time to kill some players…. today i tried so hard to kill a warrior, he wasn’t able to kill me cuz i am pretty good using stealth and avoid stuff, but i wasn’t able to drop his HP not even half of it…. the fight took like 5 min, and i just gave up and went away… im very sad about my damage… some players are imposible to kill on x1….

what am i doing wrong?

Hey Melonhoof, I don’t think Osicat is gonna respond, but I’ll try my best to help you. I have been having the exact same issue with this build and I automatically assumed this build works best with ascended gear and traveler runes. It might be outdated, probably isn’t flexible when it comes to gear changing. Until Osicat updates it I think you are better off finding some other build. If you are looking for something similar i’d try Malferian’s build:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsfRlknpMtNqxUNcrNSrxg6tOrMSGQBl8iqB-TVyHwAn3fQoSofKXaqEsnSiBnqAvaY8r+DgnoApA0TYE-w

He doesn’t use ascended gear, but he does use ascended trinkets.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@All.

Feel I need to explan whats happening. Been crazy time last month and not realy had time to play alot. been testing some wildstar but alos been into GW some. Not had time to create build thu.

Atm Im taking a brake from GW2. Im not stop making Movies but have a new Project. I will start make adventure Biking videos and have some longer tripps planned. feel free to follow my progress here:

If you like subscribe to the channel, will be a mix of crazy stuff:

- How to create and Shoot a Sling (im kinda awsome at this as I been shooting with a sling sens childhood)

-Offroad driving with Bike

-wildlife adventures on bike

etc etc..

This said Im not totaly off gaming and will use the old Osicat channel for start post gaming videos as soon I got some more spare time.

/Osicat

LOVE u All.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hatesu.3468

Hatesu.3468

I have been using your builds a for a long time. I started with a almost full zerker s/p shatter build that you posted and fell in love with mesmer at that moment. I later switched to shatter cat ghost, since roaming was requiring more toughness vs large groups. I have since switched to your Napalm Cat build as I just finished all the ascended gear needed to get it going. I have been having an absolute blast with your build and wanted to say thanks for putting in all the work and inspiring mesmer everywhere.

I had a quick question though … I noticed you run a stacking sigil on your water weapons only (corruption). I was curios if you had an alternate weapon or something to get stacks and then switch it out for the increased burn duration?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

I have been using your builds a for a long time. I started with a almost full zerker s/p shatter build that you posted and fell in love with mesmer at that moment. I later switched to shatter cat ghost, since roaming was requiring more toughness vs large groups. I have since switched to your Napalm Cat build as I just finished all the ascended gear needed to get it going. I have been having an absolute blast with your build and wanted to say thanks for putting in all the work and inspiring mesmer everywhere.

I had a quick question though … I noticed you run a stacking sigil on your water weapons only (corruption). I was curios if you had an alternate weapon or something to get stacks and then switch it out for the increased burn duration?

Osi havn’t played GW in 2 months now, he’s all up in Wildstar(which seems to be great). Just wanted you guys to know, as he haven’t really told his “fanbase” what’s up more than that he will be back soon which, truthfully, I don’t see happening. Some time maybe.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

Please, which build do you use in the video II : Advance shatters and heavy bursts, How to do them?
I like to train the combos.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Just smal note.

Im reinstalled the game, still going strong on my dirtbike/enduro and spend most time in the forest atm but will casual play a little, dont expect to spent hours in theorycraft etc but might see some ppl ingame.

/Love Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Oh yeah baby, the Cat is back!

As a side note, lucky you having all that beautiful forest countryside on your doorstep.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morehei.7859

Morehei.7859

omg omg omg omfg

in Mesmer

Posted by: pereankou.1085

pereankou.1085

Welcome back, Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

+1
The cat is back

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey guys,

I noticed that this build is from 2014. Due to game updates and changes, it may no longer be relevant to today’s Mesmer. Can you — the experts in this profession — let me know if this should remain stickied? Or should we await an update from Osicat and resticky, or turn into a whole new thread?

Thanks for your input on this.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I don’t want to speak for anyone, but I would imagine he may likely play again once HoT launches, but in any case if he isn’t likely to want to theorycraft anymore then this information is all completely out of date and should be unstickied – in case any new players come to the forums and try to find answers in this thread…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Serafi.7506

Serafi.7506

Hey guys,

I noticed that this build is from 2014. Due to game updates and changes, it may no longer be relevant to today’s Mesmer. Can you — the experts in this profession — let me know if this should remain stickied? Or should we await an update from Osicat and resticky, or turn into a whole new thread?

Personally, I think it should be unstickied because I agree with how most stuff is irrelevant. In all honesty, I’ve actually thought of starting a similar project like this. Keeping in the mind that it’s been over a year since it’s been updated, just because HoTs will be coming soon, that doesn’t mean they will be coming back. Of course, all this is my opinion. Take it at face value

Writer on @DragonSeasonCom|Artist|Blackgate US Creator of the Motivational Quaggan
as seen on /r/guildwars2
@criinamancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: ToaLux.6478

ToaLux.6478

Yea, I’d say it should be taken off.

But this thread has so much nostalgia for me, and I really hope he get back on top of it. Idk, I’m tempted to say wait until just a bit into HoT, then take it down if he doesn’t update it.

Seems kinda fair to me…

Fil(l)aen ~ Ranger/Mesmer ~ SAO ~ GoM
The Orange Asura with the Sun Kite

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

Hey guys,

I too agree, that this should be unsticked. Osicat hasn’t been uploading anything on his youtube channel for a year now as well, so I think it’s save to assume that he won’t update the guide.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

Osicat is playing almost on a daily basis and we have told him that this will be unstickied if he does not update it. I will tell him again once he’s online to see if he can respond in this thread. Given his dedication to his work and family and his real life I wouldn’t count on HoT to make that much of a change in this thread.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I have a suggestion.

Do a review of all the stickied threads. Potentially unsticky them all. Let new threads be put up under a post HoT era.

If original authors are active they can copy/paste content into the new threads.

Old threads such as “What does your mes look like” will reflect new, current toons/players.