Cooldown Reduction on Spectral Wall?

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

As the title says, could we get a cd reduction on spectral wall. 45(36) seconds is too long to justify taking it. If it were 35(28) it might actually see use in pvp.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

Make it reflect projectiles. It kinda makes sense (fearing the projectiles?) and it’d make it a more valuable skill in general.

Jesusmancer

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

Make it reflect projectiles. It kinda makes sense (fearing the projectiles?) and it’d make it a more valuable skill in general.

I used to agree. The problem with that is that the skill is then trying to do too much and your looking at a long cd for one of the effects. This is because you won’t get all the good uses out of it every use. So you might reflect projectiles, but you probably won’t also combo with soul spiral for confusion, and they probably won’t walk through it. That means you get 5 seconds of projectile reflect on a 45 second cd. Not really worth. I’d rather have a low cd and be able to use the skill more often for prot, fear, and the combo field.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

We already received missile protection in the form of Corrosive Poison Cloud.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Spectral Wall has about as much usefulness as Line of Warding, but on a longer cooldown. It would be much better if it gave us Life Force when foes hit it/had a shorter cooldown.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Spectral Wall has about as much usefulness as Line of Warding, but on a longer cooldown. It would be much better if it gave us Life Force when foes hit it/had a shorter cooldown.

It already gives us 4% life force whenever a foe hits it. How much does it need?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

It already gives us 4% life force whenever a foe hits it. How much does it need?

That should be considered a benefit of the trait. This is relevant because it means giving up Vital Persistence, which isn’t worth it currently. As stated, the wall has a good effect. Despite that, I still think it needs a cd reduction or something else to be relevant in the current meta.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

That should be considered a benefit of the trait. This is relevant because it means giving up Vital Persistence, which isn’t worth it currently. As stated, the wall has a good effect. Despite that, I still think it needs a cd reduction or something else to be relevant in the current meta.

Why should it be part of the trait when it’s part of the baseline skill?

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Well the bllasted thing needs Terror, Spectral Mastery and Fear of Death to reach its full potential…

All spectral skills feel kinda awkward these days and not just spectral wall…

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

It does in fact give 4% default, but that seems to be a bug. It isn’t listed in game or on the wiki. I’d still like to see it at a 35-40 second base cd even if they acknowledge this is intentional. A non-stunbreak defensive skill needs to really pull its weight in pvp to be worth it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

It does in fact give 4% default, but that seems to be a bug. It isn’t listed in game or on the wiki. I’d still like to see it at a 35-40 second base cd even if they acknowledge this is intentional. A non-stunbreak defensive skill needs to really pull its weight in pvp to be worth it.

4% is also pretty pitiful. That’s the same amount as one staff autoattack.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think nah because it’s already not terrible in WvW and it could be really strong when used in Stronghold.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2013-06-25

Ctrl+F “Spectral Wall.” Very clearly not a bug when it’s spelled out in patch notes as a functionality change.

And I just fixed the wiki. Someone apparently thought Spectral Mastery was responsible. Spectral mastery only gives 5% on cast.

I also feel the skill already does pull its weight in PvP. It’s extremely potent to just drop it down and weave through it as you’re fighting, especially if your foe is melee. Either you rack up a lot of life force while enjoying Protection, or you drop their pressure to almost nothing for 5-8 seconds.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

^^^ not a bug. Drarnor already said it, but that’s actually its functionality (4% LF). They just forgot to update the skillfact because #TooBusyOrSomething#Anet

I think the CD is fine with spectral mastery. It gives a free Chaos Armour and confusion bolts. And with Reaper, you don’t need Terror… or Master of Terror… you only need the fear because fear = chill = DoT and might and lifeforce.

I use the wall in WvW because imo it’s just too valuable… but I am not sure about sPvP because that’s a different beast. Arguably, you don’t need wall to survive in sPvP and when perma stab-revenants run around… it’s a hard life. Although I havent used it in sPvP in some time.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Not to derail since this is about a cooldown reduction on Spectral Wall, but I think it’s fine where it is and Well of Darkness could use the cooldown reduction instead. Like, from 50s to 30s.

Carry on.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

Hmm, that is a nice extra effect. Kind of shocked they still haven’t updated the skill fact. I’d still say it isn’t quite strong enough in pvp. If the base cd was 35 seconds, you could get get 20% prot uptime from the one skill. That’s one of the things I think necros need to step up to meta level along with reasonably better healing over time.

Not to derail since this is about a cooldown reduction on Spectral Wall, but I think it’s fine where it is and Well of Darkness could use the cooldown reduction instead. Like, from 50s to 30s.

Carry on.

I think pretty much everyone knows well of darkness needs to be at most a 30 second cd, so yes I agree.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Spectral Wall being just that, a Wall, makes it shine in large-scale engagement as it lacks an AoE Limit, much like Line of Warding and Veil. I think lowering to 35(28)s CD is a bit too much, but 40(32)s is a good number IMO.

Well of Darkness needs to go down to 30s yes, considering all it does is AoE Blind which frankly is kinda weak. The Well lost a lot of potential when Chilling Darkness was given an ICD.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Yeah, well of darkness does seem like complete junk atm. I dunno what I’d do with it though; reducing the cooldown seems kinda eh. Give it some actual damage ticks or a stunbreak or another condition maybe as well as a CD drop. Or give friendly players inside it perma evades :^)

While we’re on the subject of crappy wells… How bout dat well of blood? I know Well of Eternity’s an elite spec Well, but it’s ridiculous how far behind Well of Blood is.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

40 base would be fine. I feel like spectral wall is almost there, just needs a little more to be meta level. As for well of darkness, 30 second cd and well of corruption damage and maybe it would get taken.