Necromancer bugs compilation. (discontinued)

in Necromancer

Posted by: blc.7963

blc.7963

Life Transfer: Transfusion trait doesn’t scale with Healing Power.

Also, not sure if its working as intended, but it seems Epidemic doesn’t spread other conditions besides the ones you “own”.

(edited by blc.7963)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ummaner.5016

ummaner.5016

I bought the 6 Runes of Vampirism and now when I DS sometime I have a locked down of all my skill bar for several seconds (reseting the 4 Life Transfer while being used).

I play a tank Necro with 10(II)/0/30(III-X-XI)/30(V-VII-XI)/0 (I think it is when the Rune trigger the 2 th or 4th ‘power’ while i’m in DS form).

This thing never happenned before I bought the Runes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

I bought the 6 Runes of Vampirism and now when I DS sometime I have a locked down of all my skill bar for several seconds (reseting the 4 Life Transfer while being used).

I play a tank Necro with 10(II)/0/30(III-X-XI)/30(V-VII-XI)/0 (I think it is when the Rune trigger the 2 th or 4th ‘power’ while i’m in DS form).

This thing never happenned before I bought the Runes.

You mean this?

(NB0002) Rune of Vampirism “You become mist” will trigger after entering DS and receive foe damage. (Ignores %HP trigger)

in Necromancer

ummaner.5016

Not at all Arvid. I noticed already that the “You become Mist” doesnt work everytime Im at 20% HP.
Here is what happen too : When I use DS, sometimes all my skills disappear and I cant do anything for several sec. After that (25% of LF have gone away) I can use my DS skills again.
As an example, I go into DS, I active my Life Transfer immediatly, then the ‘lock’ appeared for no reason as a consequence the Life Transfer ended prematuraly and is in CD when the skills reappear. Its just an example, you can replace with any DS skill if you wish.
My tought was that the 2th or 4th ‘power’ of the Rune of Vampirism trigger while Im in DS form making the bug real… Just a tought as I play a Tank Necro in Dungeon and are hit a lot by monsters.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Spectral Attunement does not increase the duration of swiftness (and it doesn’t increase the time you’re allowed to teleport back – which I think it should too).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

Not at all Arvid. I noticed already that the “You become Mist” doesnt work everytime Im at 20% HP.
Here is what happen too : When I use DS, sometimes all my skills disappear and I cant do anything for several sec. After that (25% of LF have gone away) I can use my DS skills again.
As an example, I go into DS, I active my Life Transfer immediatly, then the ‘lock’ appeared for no reason as a consequence the Life Transfer ended prematuraly and is in CD when the skills reappear. Its just an example, you can replace with any DS skill if you wish.
My tought was that the 2th or 4th ‘power’ of the Rune of Vampirism trigger while Im in DS form making the bug real… Just a tought as I play a Tank Necro in Dungeon and are hit a lot by monsters.

That is exactly what I mean, except that imo it is the 6th power that activates: I assume that “You become Mist” is the same as Elementalist’s Mist Form (or very similar) and in Mist Form you become invulnerable for 3 seconds, but you do not have access to your skills. So basically, in Death Shroud the game handles all these % health based triggers very badly (they do not use your real health, but instead think your health is 0 or something). What happens then is you enter DS, you do something that prompts the game to check your health (this is indeed not limited to taking damage, as the bug I quoted says!), the game sees 0 health so it triggers Mist Form and your skills get locked out for 3 seconds (probably cancelling anything you were doing in the process).

If you want to quickly test what I claim: remove one of your armor pieces, if it’s not related to the 6th rune, then you will also see what you describe when you only wear 5 runes right?

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

Arvid is right, ummaner, that is the same bug. Since you’re in DS the animation bugs and it doesn’t look like you have become mist, but you are still invulnerable and can’t use abilities for the 3s. That is the 6th rune set bonus triggering prematurely. Remove 1 of your armor pieces and you will see it doesn’t happen anymore.

Unpredictability, I tested that very recently. It doesn’t increase the swiftness boon time, but it DOES increase the amount of time you are allowed to teleport back and receive life force on hit – just not on the tooltip. Mouse over the buff you get and check the duration that way. It increased from 8s to 12s when I tested it.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

in Necromancer

ummaner.5016

Nevermind you are right; i change one piece of my armor to have only 5 Rune of Vampirism and the bad effect never happen again. So that the 6th one that generate the phenomen. Thks

in Necromancer

Posted by: barbazul.8395

barbazul.8395

Hi, did anyone mention that when you have that Trait Rune “Cast Enfeebling Blood when you enter Death Shroud” you enter DS, see the animation, but the foe never gets the condition?
I noticed that while playing my condition necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

I notice it when I use it, are you sure they’re in range? The aoe isn’t that large.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rithil.4862

Rithil.4862

(NB0124) The Retaliation on heal from the Death Magic trait “Spiteful Vigor” doesn’t get applied when using “Focused Rituals” and Well of Blood.

I can confirm that Spiteful Vigor does not apply retaliation when using Well of Blood with Focused Rituals on.

I noticed that you swap to a completely different set of well utilities with the same stats but with the addition of a 900 range ground target if you use Focused Rituals. They probably tested only for the typical non-ground target and forgot about the targetted wells.

This is probably minor, but the different sets of wells are on separate cooldowns, meaning you could swap traits and cast Well of Blood a second time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stormy O.7025

Stormy O.7025

Spectral Walk kept bugging out while I was playing in sPvP. That is, it wouldn’t teleport me back to my initial position after using it—instead, I just stayed where I was. There’s a timer on it, so can’t it be implemented to work more like the Mesmer’s portal?

in Necromancer

Posted by: wolfsblut.9435

wolfsblut.9435

Death Magic → 15 Points (Protection of the Horde)
+20 toughness is not added for a jagged horror.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xander.7260

Xander.7260

Also, not sure if its working as intended, but it seems Epidemic doesn’t spread other conditions besides the ones you “own”.

False. It spreads all conditions, regardless of who applied them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xander.7260

Xander.7260

Hi, did anyone mention that when you have that Trait Rune “Cast Enfeebling Blood when you enter Death Shroud” you enter DS, see the animation, but the foe never gets the condition?
I noticed that while playing my condition necro

It’s a point blank AoE. It’s basically the equivalent of hitting 5 on your offhand dagger and putting the targetting reticle right over yourself. You need to be standing next to the mobs when you go into DS for it to apply the conditions.

One thing I will say though, is Enfeebling Blood is supposed to apply 2 stacks of bleed (3 if it crits with that Curses trait). The DS version sometimes only applies 1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: blc.7963

blc.7963

False. It spreads all conditions, regardless of who applied them.

If that is the case, you don’t deliver condition (or any) damage by casting Epidemic.
I haven’t tested this on dummies, just what i noticed on WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kage.1536

Kage.1536

I’m not sure is this a bug, need for test?
I have notice Putrid Mark can transfer condition to foe (Staff 4)
and you can use it from far range, it still transfer condition to foe even you are not in trigger circle.
But as Mark of Blood (Staff 2)
You CAN’T get Regen boon while you’re not in trigger circle

Thas a little bigger explosion radius (360~) for from where it pulls the conditions from what i know, but never got condition transfer from more than 1/3 of the range away.

Sorry, but I did a test today.
That is not about explosion radius, you can test it in Mists
I call my friend to help me finish the test, he stand in 1200 distance, and apply condition on me.
then I use Putrid Mark attack him, I still can transfer condition to him.
But I can’t get regeneration when use Mark of Blood
so I think Mark of Blood’s regeneration must be bug
or, Anet should fix the description

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

I’m not sure is this a bug, need for test?
I have notice Putrid Mark can transfer condition to foe (Staff 4)
and you can use it from far range, it still transfer condition to foe even you are not in trigger circle.
But as Mark of Blood (Staff 2)
You CAN’T get Regen boon while you’re not in trigger circle

Thas a little bigger explosion radius (360~) for from where it pulls the conditions from what i know, but never got condition transfer from more than 1/3 of the range away.

Sorry, but I did a test today.
That is not about explosion radius, you can test it in Mists
I call my friend to help me finish the test, he stand in 1200 distance, and apply condition on me.
then I use Putrid Mark attack him, I still can transfer condition to him.
But I can’t get regeneration when use Mark of Blood
so I think Mark of Blood’s regeneration must be bug
or, Anet should fix the description

You have to be in or very near to the mark to get the regeneration when an enemy triggers it. If you cast it on him at 1200 range you are too far away from the circle.

Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kage.1536

Kage.1536

You have to be in or very near to the mark to get the regeneration when an enemy triggers it. If you cast it on him at 1200 range you are too far away from the circle.

Yes, that’s correct.
so I post here, just wanna to make sure is bug or tooltip mistake?
coz if u check the tooltip on Mark of Blood and Putrid Mark,
you can see it describe the same thing, but result is different
if this is Anet’s intend design, it’s ok, maybe just fix the tooltip on Mark of Blood

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

Ahh, I see what you’re saying. Putrid Mark will transfer the conditions from far away, but you don’t get the regeneration from far away, and you say this is inconsistent behavior.

Personally, I like figuring out game mechanics, so I don’t think a tooltip is needed. But if they add one that’s fine.

Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Excio.9153

Excio.9153

The VIII Trait for Soul Reaping (Decaying Swarm) has some sort of unlisted cooldown. From what I’ve tested, its pretty long (At least 30 secs or so)

Although Vampiric now seems to proc on all skills/utilities, Vampiric Precision (the on crit one) doesnt appear to work on utilities such as wells.

Also, (Probably not a bug) the trait ‘Bloodthirst’ does not affect the life leeched by the Superior sigil of Blood, although the sigil’s description states that it steals health instead of heals yourself on attack (Like Water).

(edited by Excio.9153)

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

Decaying swarm has a CD of 90 seconds, I recorded myself in the mists, getting constantly attacked, flipping on DS roughly every 5 seconds (had 30 in soul reaping to test more accurately), It seems rather high for its effect, but then so do a lot of our cool downs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Excio.9153

Excio.9153

Decaying swarm has a CD of 90 seconds.

Thats ridiculously high, considering the effect of the skill

Also, another annoying bug – When traited for vampiric (or possibly not,) Skills such as Locust swarm and Underwater spear #3 deal 33 damage to random, undamageable or targetable objects such as the poision bubblers in Arah Explore or the flame heads in the WvW EB Jumping puzzle. This causes combat mode, making the swiftness buff from the skill useless.

Spectral grasp regularly doesnt drag ‘grasp’ the enemy towards you. When there is some sort of bump in the land, it simply knocks down the target, and aggros all nearby enemies. (Extremely annoying in in the part following Lupicius in arah exp, as it causes wipes commonly.) On the otherhand, the skill Scorpion wire for thieves seems to grab enemies just fine in the same circumstances (I’ve never seen it fail during arah runs, while my spectral grasp is 50/50 if it hits).

The Fleshwurm skill – Necrotic transversal sometimes teleports 0 distance (Sometimes just from random landscape shaping). The same occurs with spectral walk (Try it in Battle of kyhlo – Put a flesh wurm on your point, run down the nearby stairs and use the teleport.)

The skill – “Mark of Blood”[Staff #2] has an unlisted regeneration radius – it is neither 120(/240) nor 1200.

When “Blood is Power” misses, it grants 10 stacks of might, and does not bleed yourself. When “Corrupt Boon misses”, it poisons yourself.

(edited by Excio.9153)

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Heh, i have for a while observed that the forum seems to bug when i make a entry that brings the thread over a page break. End result is that when i click the thread in the future all i see are the top and bottom page number bars and have to click one of them to actually see the thread posts (loosing any semblance of new posts in the process).

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

- Soul reaping trait fear of death, which should cause fear on downed does not work. It triggers when you die if at all.
- Downed fear skill sometimes has full cooldown when you go downed for no reason. It could be related to some skill stealing (if some class has that ability) but I have no idea why someone should have your fear stolen before you even have it.
- Shapechanging skills like plague sometimes get you stuck at your position.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jason Segel.2908

Jason Segel.2908

When using Well of Corruption, it says it lasts for 5 seconds, but it definently does not. I watch it tick 6 times, and it only lasts for less time than I can cast 3 Necrotic grasps with my staff. Which means it only lasts for 3 × .75 cast time of necrotic grasp = 2.25-2.5 seconds, yet it ticks 6 times and I tested this out multiple times. Duration should be 5 seconds and I should be able to cast more than 3 necrotic grasps while it is u. I should be able to cast 5 seconds / .75 = 6.6 necrotic grasps but I can only cast about 3 and almost never the fourth one.

Golem stands around wayyy to much during the fight, so do other minions, Golem used to aggro a ton now he does not, only does if he gets hit and if they stop hitting him he stops too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jason Segel.2908

Jason Segel.2908

also

-Soul reaping trait fear of death, which should cause fear on downed does not work. It triggers when you die if at all. and the other one that trists for creating a reaper mark when reviving a downed ally doesnt always work either. and if it does it should be unblockable because i am traited for unblockable marks!

the Downed state fear skill sometimes has full cooldown when you go downed for no reason. It could be related to some skill stealing (if some class has that ability) but I have no idea why someone should have your fear stolen before you even have it.

Shapechanging skills like plague and lich can sometimes get you stuck at your position.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stormy O.7025

Stormy O.7025

Spectral Wall:

I just tried this skill. The combo field isn’t located at the location that I choose to cast the wall (in other words, not at the wall). Instead, the combo field is invisibly located at my character’s location upon cast.

in Necromancer

Posted by: themaster.9802

themaster.9802

This has probably been stated multiple times before, but sometimes minions won’t attack. Either they just stand there and literally do nothing for a few seconds until kicking in (by that time your target is half dead from auto-attacks) or they’ll move very slowly to your target (seems to happen like this: they take a couple steps, stop, couple steps, stop and then they move in for the attack, but there’s a massive delay).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

(NB0072) Soul reaping: Gluttony: Does not work at all.

Gluttony increases the LifeForce generated by 5% as a multiplier.

Gluttony works, it’s just completely negligible.

I’d also like to add that the SoulReaping trait, increased LifeForce pool, has already been proven to not work and that should be added to the bug compilation.

Has the OP left the forum?

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fynd.4890

Fynd.4890

Gluttony increases the LifeForce generated by 5% as a multiplier.

I’d also like to add that the SoulReaping trait, increased LifeForce pool, has already been proven to not work and that should be added to the bug compilation.

Has the OP left the forum?

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

5% additive would be wayyyy too much. Marks giving 8% life force per enemy hit? Spectral Walk/Armor giving 8% life force every time you get hit? That’s OP.

If it was additive they’d have to adjust the number down to 1%, maybe 2%.

Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swadow.6213

Swadow.6213

Soul Marks doesnt give 3% Life Force per enemy hit, it just gives flat 3% when a mark activates, so it would bring it to 8% Life Force on activate.

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

Oh, okay, I read someone else’s post which said the opposite a bit ago. I’ll have to test it myself I guess. Still too much.

Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

-The bone minion putrid explosion has a 3 second delay with it’s own death nova poison cloud combo field.
-The blood fiend’s heal isn’t consistent. In some areas it is more than 200%, increased to the proper amount in others, and some aren’t boosted at all.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

(edited by striker.3704)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

5% additive would be wayyyy too much. Marks giving 8% life force per enemy hit? Spectral Walk/Armor giving 8% life force every time you get hit? That’s OP.

If it was additive they’d have to adjust the number down to 1%, maybe 2%.

Now that I actually have a 30% extra life force pool, I’m finding it very hard to fill that bar at times.

Call me Smith.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talset.1456

Talset.1456

Given:
Death Nova applies all 3 poisons on target
When:
The the ninth tick is applied(5 seconds left)
Then:
Death Nova stops ticking.

in Necromancer

Posted by: hrkljus.1243

hrkljus.1243

• (NB0091) When ressing a downed ally, if you push your “death shroud” button at the same time than your “action” button (had bound shroud to R and action to the regular F so its easy to slip and push both sometimes) your character will get stuck and cant move, you need to relog or teleport to another point.
    You can still use skills.
    The same happens when finishing a downed enemy.
    Also happens to Elementalists if they revive + change element.

A temporary workaround for this is to do a “shroud-rez” the same way you do a “shroud-stomp” (stomping/finishing a downed player in death shroud) – press the death shroud button (F1) just a bit before the use button (F) – I’ve never gotten the bug when doing that. In fact, a sure way to get the bug in from my testing is to press F1 and F at the exact same time (something you want to do when doing a front/backflip for example – pressing dodge and jump at the exact same time).

You can test and practice all of this in the tutorial area of the heart of the mists.

Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: David Catarineu.4571

David Catarineu.4571

in the branch of Spite trait: XI increased damage of axe is not applied correctly, the axe habilities cooldown is correctly reduced

in Necromancer

Posted by: Inee.5371

Inee.5371

Elite

• (NB0112) Elite: Dropping out of plague form does not give you stability, unlike dropping out of Lich form still maintains the full 30 seconds.

Can now be removed.

Im not sure about it, but i think i encountered a bug with Plague form.
Same traits, different runes (but shouldnt affect that), he is human and im asura.
Plague radius is different.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Iirc, the same happens with mesmer and guardian field effects. It is only cosmetic as best i can tell, unless they managed to mess up necro extra again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

Using 6 Superior Runes of Vampirism interferes with the necromancer’s Death Shroud:
The first received hit (any melee or ranged attack, but apparently not poison fields etc.) after switching on Death Shroud deactivates all skills for a short amount of time (similar to a daze effect of roughly 2 seconds). Channeled skills are interrupted and enter full cooldown. Stability offers no protection. During this time the Death Shroud icon next to the skill bar is replaced with a “locked” icon.
While equipping 6 Runes of Vampirism this effect can be replicated 100% of the time. After unequipping even one of them this bug could no longer be replicated.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

• Gluttony should be additive, not multiplicative – the bug report entry should remain.

I made some tests: The proof that Gluttony doesn’t work
I think we have a confirmation, so the bug entry must remain.
But we still don’t know if it’s additive or multiplicative.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tjihyana.2536

Tjihyana.2536

I believe that in the Lost Isles patch, “(NB0120)Weapons: Staff: Mark of Blood: does not change your Staff into a scythe.” was fixed.

“Mark of Blood: This skill now uses the standard staff scythe cast effects.” In the Lost Isles patch notes, November 15th.

in Necromancer

Posted by: szczhur.6954

szczhur.6954

I went thru the topic but didnt seen anyone having same problem as i have not sure if its only me or maybe i simply didnt search hard enough.
Anyways my problem is about dodge and scepter.
It looks like scepter auto attack cancels my dodge half the time i try to dodge.
It does use the endurance i do see dodge animation but im not moving an inch. It all happens in place.
Any other conditionmancer running with scepter/dagger that have this problem?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wicklow.8045

Wicklow.8045

I’m having an issue, when sometimes in SPvP i will use deathshroud and my damage will be significantly lower than it should be, seems to be about 10 times less than it should be, with lifeblast critting at 200 instead of 2k and lifetransfer doing a total of 150 dmg or so. Other times in the same battleground the skills will work normally. I didn’t see this posted anywhere else, so sorry if this is a repeat, or if this is intended mechanics(I doubt it).

in Necromancer

Posted by: anonim.7413

anonim.7413

I have a serious problem with the death-shroud: When entering this form, I can’t activate any skill for about 1,5-2 secs. It then works properly until I leave the form. Then my skillbar (skill 1-5) just shows no skills (greyed out) for about 1,5-2 secs. It’s pretty annoying and I’m sure it is no lagg or sth, everything else works fine.
(PC-specs: Core i5-2500, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD6950, while my internet transmits with around 11mb/s download and around 8mb/s upload. So it should work as intended). I just asked in the wartower-forum, and it’s seems I’m not the only one experiencing this problem.
Had this problem in sPvP (don’t know if it’s that or the fact that I had some traits I don’t have for my necromancer in PvE, yet.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

Hi anonim, I had your same issues. Do you use runes which give you transformation like Vampirism which transform you in mists? If so remove it. They proc at 90% life force as it would be health and transform you in mist but you cannot see it (since the UI in Death Shroud is designed to confuse you).
For some strange reason when you swap out of DS your skill bar is empty too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: boneduste.4023

boneduste.4023

I went thru the topic but didnt seen anyone having same problem as i have not sure if its only me or maybe i simply didnt search hard enough.
Anyways my problem is about dodge and scepter.
It looks like scepter auto attack cancels my dodge half the time i try to dodge.
It does use the endurance i do see dodge animation but im not moving an inch. It all happens in place.
Any other conditionmancer running with scepter/dagger that have this problem?

I’ve seen this quite often and is one of most often reason I die. I do a dodge, but it seems to bounce me back to the originating spot. I use Scepter/Dagger 99% of the time, but never attributed it to that combo. I always thought it was key press issues.

in Necromancer

Posted by: anonim.7413

anonim.7413

Hi anonim, I had your same issues. Do you use runes which give you transformation like Vampirism which transform you in mists? If so remove it. They proc at 90% life force as it would be health and transform you in mist but you cannot see it (since the UI in Death Shroud is designed to confuse you).
For some strange reason when you swap out of DS your skill bar is empty too.

Ok, will test it, ty.
But… in fact it IS a Bug, so plz fix =)