Necromancer bugs compilation. (discontinued)

in Necromancer

Posted by: victorvndoom.3482

victorvndoom.3482

love the spectral walk as it now is , it serves like a sprint ability but does it serve for that purpose. If it serves as a scouting ability then the player must opt to abort it and dont return at the begin point where the walk started, that is a hinderance

when do we aspect changes that we reported ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

Corrupt Boon and Blood is Power can be blocked, but Epidemic can’t. Personally I would be in favor of making them unblockable, if it wasn’t already originally w.a.i. considering they aren’t projectiles or an attack.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Major Blockage.7504

Major Blockage.7504

This is actually a good bug for me but I have noticed that summoning minions underwater feels faster than when I do it on land. Can’t say on the golem since it don’t swim and the bone minions are pretty quick anyway, but with the shadow fiend and bone fiend summoning them underwater is as quick as the bone minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

The Greater Marks trait that makes marks unblockable still doesn’t work. Guardians still manage to block my marks.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daiva.2394

Daiva.2394

I’ve not had any Greater Marks blocked since the patch that (at least supposedly) fixed it. Under what circumstances does it happen?

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Dirame.8521

Guardian Passive Aegis and Shelter heal skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kylindra.1794

Kylindra.1794

I believe this list is missing a MAJOR bug with Life Transfer.

From what my friends and I can tell, it only affects ASURA Necromancers.

What’s happening is that Life Transfer does not always go off, despite not being on cooldown and in spite of having plenty of Life Force. Here’s what I think is happening:

When you first enter Death Shroud, sometimes the F1 icon will be a gray lock instead of the usual Leave Death Shroud icon. First, when the icon “flips” back to normal, the WHOLE bar is flipping with it, interrupting whatever you’re doing (almost always Life Transfer). Second, if you start LT right before the flip it won’t even go off, but it WILL be put on cooldown. Third, you can successfully use LT if and only if you wait for the flip to finish before starting the skill. Otherwise LT is unavailable or interrupted. This has not always been the case, LT worked just fine for me for the first few weeks of the game’s release. I believe a patch in the last few weeks may be responsible.

I’ve submitted this bug both in-game and on the bug forum. It’s really, really, REALLY affecting my game play and I hope it gets reproduced and put on this list soon. Please help if you can! Thanks.

in Necromancer

Daiva.2394

@Dirame, I was more thinking of where (SPvP/TPvP/WvW), and if there are any other circumstances that should be mentioned, because as I said, it’s never happened to me, and I run with Greater Marks all the time in WvW. So, clearly there is some difference between our experiences, and I was trying to narrow down what causes it.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aexrael.5918

Aexrael.5918

Some notes on the currently listed issues.

(NB0102)
Works just fine for me, there’s no delay in applying buffs, or any other delays in the chain of events.

(NB0035)
The Flesh Golem doesn’t work underwater, the surface of the water is the same as being underwater, that’s why it’s un-summoned. Neither is (NB0076) really a bug, since you don’t have those minion skills slotted in the example given. It’s no different on land if you swap a minion skill for different skill.

(NB0077) & (NB0079)
This very likely intended behavior, as Conditions bypass Toughness and Defense stats and aren’t intended to be modified by Vulnerability or other effects.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aexrael.5918

Aexrael.5918

Need Confirmation
• (NB0003) Decaying Swarm will trigger after entering DS and receive foe damage. (Ignores %HP trigger)

I’ve seen it happen, though not consistently so.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Some notes on the currently listed issues.

(NB0102)
Works just fine for me, there’s no delay in applying buffs, or any other delays in the chain of events.

(NB0035)
The Flesh Golem doesn’t work underwater, the surface of the water is the same as being underwater, that’s why it’s un-summoned. Neither is (NB0076) really a bug, since you don’t have those minion skills slotted in the example given. It’s no different on land if you swap a minion skill for different skill.

(NB0077) & (NB0079)
This very likely intended behavior, as Conditions bypass Toughness and Defense stats and aren’t intended to be modified by Vulnerability or other effects.

The 35 and 76 post isnt about it not being a underwater skill/not on the same location on bar problem, but putting them on CD, no other class gets skills thrown onto CD just because they go underwater, giving all enemies a nice, at least 20 second window of you being a free kill (if you go MM in pvp for some reason).

77/79 – thats the whole point of conditions… really bad scailing but ignore enemy armor, all % damage increase and decreases should still be working on it (e.g. for skills Decreases enemy toughness by 50% = no impact on conditions, Enemy takes 50% more damage = damage of conditions gets boosed).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Dirame.8521

@Daiva

It was in SPvP. Legacy of the Foe Fire map.

Another bug I’d like to report is, when you increase the are of the marks, the area of the activated Chillblains is just as small as when you use the marks without the Greater Marks trait. People don’t get frozen at all unless you trigger it right on top of them.

in Necromancer

Daiva.2394

@Dirame

Maybe it’s SPvP(/TPvP) specific then? Has anyone else noticed it (or noticed it not happening to them) there?

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Fix report – Chillblains works perfect, but since it actually works it shows that it should also increase the targeting aoe, while Mark of Blood and Putrid Mark aint and reapers mark still has the well aoe show effect thus letting a enemy know there is a mark there much more clearly (the puffy well smoke on the edge instead of the thin white circle.

in Necromancer

Posted by: They are hashes.4523

They are hashes.4523

Confirmation needed:

• Updated Chillblains to properly function with the Greater Marks trait.
  • Signet of Spite can now be cast while on the move.

@Andele : So it does work, one bug at a time please :P

(edited by Moderator)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fireslayer.4502

Fireslayer.4502

I think this last patch was the last straw for me i will be moving on. Best thread i have ever seen anywhere documenting bugs yet it is obviously being ignored. Major issues that cripple various abilities are completely ignored and I am tired of dealing with them. Not that ANET cares they already have my money. Sigh was hoping some something different then the typical MMO support style. I wont be making the mistake of buying their products again.

in Necromancer

Daiva.2394

Chillblains fix confirmed.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: DoctorWhy.3847

DoctorWhy.3847

Wow… we still have triple the amount of bugs as any other class (almost more than all of them combined) and they fix 2! Thank you ANet. At this rate, expect a fixed, and still greatly underpowered, necro in about 2 years!

in Necromancer

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

They didn’t fix 2. They fixed 1 and changed the other so its easier to cast but less effective.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

@They are hashes Sorry, k so numbered total from the ones i know not on the list
1. Spectral armor life force generation by condition damage stopped working 2 patches ago
2. Spectral walk generates 10% life force randomly by dots, but doesnt then from all other hits (you can test it with the guards of the guild lord pretty easy)
3. Last grasp activates on the first hit after you hit under 50% hp not on the one that brings you under it (probably working as intended but tooltip wrong)
4. With greater marks active, only the fully fixed chillblains has the full aoe targeting indicators (green circles before you actually cast it but you already clicked the skill)
5. Reapers mark still has the well effect instead of the mark effect on the edge making it way easier to spot in pvp (maybe intentionall but still bloody annoying)

There are a few things with life force, DS and Moa (that should go on Mesmer forums) etc, but since i hope that a-net will revisit the DS, wont bother listing em.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

4. With greater marks active, only the fully fixed chillblains has the full aoe targeting indicators (green circles before you actually cast it but you already clicked the skill)

Confirmed. Chillblains has the full precast circle (240) while Mark of Blood is the original size (120).

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DoctorWhy.3847

DoctorWhy.3847

Sorry if this has been posted, but I didn’t see it.

BUG
The Lich Form attack counts as a staff attack. I realized it used the same projectile, and it also penetrated, but it does actually count as a staff attack. I rarely use staffs, but when I got a kill in Lich Form, I got the 1000 staff kills achievement. I am guessing this isn’t intentional, because it is just weird.

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

Need Confirmation
• Plague stability is ignored by Point Blank Shot.
• (NB0004) Full of life “Gain 5 seconds of regeneration” will trigger after entering DS and receive foe damage. (Ignores %HP trigger)
• (NB0105) Last Gasp “Gain Spectral Armor” will trigger after entering DS and receive foe damage. (Ignores %HP trigger)
• Reaper’s Touch (Focus skill): the bounces only activate if an eligible target is within 600 range.
• Corrosive Poison Cloud: Its intended 5sec Poison and 10 sec Weakness are both just 2 sec/tick.
• After summoning a flesh worm if you use necrotic transversal it counts as a kill/type on the daily kills count.

New / Updated:
• (NB0046) With Greater Marks active, only Chillblains has the 240 ground targeting (AOE) indicator. (The targeting display used when “Fast cast ground targeting (AoE).” is disabled)
• (NB0110) Reapers Protection (Death Magic trait) gives 20+ seconds of AoE fear when it hits another necro with reapers protection. (Still happens after September 25th patch)
• (NB0082) Destructible items are obstructed, missed, really hard to destroy and ignored/missed by pets.
• (NB0003) Decaying Swarm will trigger after entering DS and receive foe damage. (Ignores %HP trigger)
• (NB0035) If you stay at the surface of the water the Flesh Golem will sink, then die. (Instead of instantly die). CD reset to full duration.
• (NB0111) Guardian’s Passive “Aegis” and “Shelter” skill ignore the Greater Marks’s unblockable effect.
• (NB0103) Greater Marks does not increases Mark of Revival’s (Soul Reaping trait) area of effect nor the size of the mark display on the ground to 240.

Fixed
• (NB0048) Greater Marks does not increase Chilblains Chilled / Poison area of effect. If an enemy triggers the edge of the mark, it will not take damage or receive conditions.
• (NB0096) Greater Marks does not increase Putrid Mark area of effect. If an enemy triggers the edge of the mark, it will not take damage.
• (NB0021) Plague Signet does not remove conditions from other players (But still gives them to you).

(edited by Moderator)

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

Are arena net fixing things and not mentioning them in the patch notes?

Plague Signet

(NB0021) Does not remove conditions from other players (But still gives them to you) this seems to be working now

Death nova – cant remember seeing this as “fixed” but the poison seems to be doing damage now

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Can confirm NB0021, NB0111 and NB0103

Also NP0008 isnt a bug, pretty sure that its intended since transformations use additional weapon sets (look up the items on Guildhead, e.g. plague gives greatsword kills).

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

Thanks Andele, 4 reports updated.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

BTW Vampiric on weapon skills now too skills since the bloodthirst update but everyone kinda forgot to mention it since its pretty much useless. Plague signet has just under 5 second check for conditions for what i saw but still pretty kitten and the stealth “signets must be targeted to work” fix kinda killed the point of it.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Necromancer

Posted by: xgalaxy.7402

xgalaxy.7402

Got impatient waiting for reddit to post here, so here it goes.
As reported on reddit by another person:

This bug needs confirmation.

If you enter DS while getting hit by a channeled damaging ability, the damage “bleeds” through to your regular health instead of / in addition to hitting the DS life force pool.

Things to look into:
- Channeled abilities such as pistol whip, flurry.
- Whether conditions like bleeding or burning are also hitting regular health while in DS.

(edited by xgalaxy.7402)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

From some quick testing in PvP Mists, “Dark Armor” in Death Magic tree does not give the toughness boost to all channeled abilities, such as DS life blast or focus skill 4/5 even though they do have cast times. Or is this intended as cast times and channel times are considered different?

Can anyone else confirm?

I am The No.

in Necromancer

Daiva.2394

That a skill has a cast time does not mean it’s channeled.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

Is Life Blast considered a channel then? If so it doesn’t apply the Dark Armor.

I am The No.

in Necromancer

Daiva.2394

It is not. Channeled skills are skills that apply their effect continuously during the cast, such as Life Transfer, or the act of reviving an ally.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: floppyjr.3459

floppyjr.3459

Found a possible bug on “Signet of Undeath”.

I tried using the active skill of the Signet of Undeath underwater, but it not work and revive allies.

I think the active skill of the Signet might be “ground” based, so when someone dies underwater, they are most of the time not on the ground, so selecting and placing your mouse on the dead ally might not revive them.

HIRE/OCX
SoR

in Necromancer

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

Spectral Walk – If canceled while falling you get 60 sec CD but you wont get teleported back to your starting location.

@floppyjr: First I havent tested this, but if the allies where dead they wont be revived. The skill only works on downed players. But that skill seams to be unbalances to me, if you compare it with the Ele revive. Even if it works correctly and only revives downed players. more range, radius, less CD and more variation. But that’s an other story.

in Necromancer

merch.1026

Spectral Walk – If canceled while falling you get 60 sec CD but you wont get teleported back to your starting location.

@floppyjr: First I havent tested this, but if the allies where dead they wont be revived. The skill only works on downed players. But that skill seams to be unbalances to me, if you compare it with the Ele revive. Even if it works correctly and only revives downed players. more range, radius, less CD and more variation. But that’s an other story.

elementalist skill got patched the other day – no longer works on the dead

in Necromancer

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

Earth still works on death, didn’t get fixed 100%

But anyway. The necro skill is unbalanced, the necro is the summoner of the death and is worth in reviving allies than an ele?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyorai.1630

Nyorai.1630

Spectral Grasp pulls you to the enemy instead of the other way around.

This happened to me 2 times I think in WvW trying to pull of somebody from a wall. I just got my face smashed into a wall quite high up from the ground. Anybody had this happen to them?

Also pull trajectory when you manage to pull someone off the wall is sometimes hilarious. It’s like they have been launched by a catapult.

Another interesting thing that seems to be happening is when it seems like you successfully grabbed someone, they move next to you and after about a second they are moved back some distance. Might be a lag issue? But I think when I set up a mark on the ground at my feet they seem to trigger it. Can’t test this at the moment to be sure but I’ll do it when I get back from work.

in Necromancer

merch.1026

Another interesting thing that seems to be happening is when it seems like you successfully grabbed someone, they move next to you and after about a second they are moved back some distance. Might be a lag issue? But I think when I set up a mark on the ground at my feet they seem to trigger it. Can’t test this at the moment to be sure but I’ll do it when I get back from work.

I’ve been able to reproduce that a few times in the mists on a practice dummy. Now that I think about it it could be a side effect of stacking marks before a pull.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyorai.1630

Nyorai.1630

@ merch

Good, at least it’s not just happening to me then. Well if the mark triggers then it means that means at least for a moment target came into contact with it. Then “rubberbanding” might kick in because server decides that it wasn’t a valid path there afterall and correct the position of the target.

in Necromancer

merch.1026

you could look at it as a good thing, if you could reproduce it and if them coming to you and going back was physically what happened and you could pull them through a spectral wall on the way to your marks and they go back through it on the way out thats 20 stacks of vulnerbility. Even if this isn’t the case another way to look at it that if its a melee char you can pull them without helping them get distance on you since they ping back but the damage from marks are done.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Koalachan.3451

Koalachan.3451

I noticed that the power bonus from Signet of Spite didn’t affect Life Blast damage. Same damage whether if I equip or unequip.

in Necromancer

merch.1026

one way to check is to open up you hero screen while in DS and see if the power modifier is up. you can do this in the mists, along with doing it for Lich form and plague to see that they give you large amounts of stats in multiples of 916(at level 80)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dashrider.9360

Dashrider.9360

i don’t know if anyone else noticed this, but when you put down reapers mark the outer edge animation is puzzle pieces and hearts…. should it be?

I am not a number!
I am a MAN!
YOU are number 6…

in Necromancer

merch.1026

i don’t know if anyone else noticed this, but when you put down reapers mark the outer edge animation is puzzle pieces and hearts…. should it be?

sounds like something a mesmer would have

in Necromancer

They are hashes.4523

Lets try to confirm this ones first:
Need Confirmation
• Plague stability is ignored by Point Blank Shot.
• (NB0004) Full of life “Gain 5 seconds of regeneration” will trigger after entering DS and receive foe damage. (Ignores %HP trigger)
• (NB0105) Last Gasp “Gain Spectral Armor” will trigger after entering DS and receive foe damage. (Ignores %HP trigger)
• Reaper’s Touch (Focus skill): the bounces only activate if an eligible target is within 600 range.
• Corrosive Poison Cloud: Its intended 5sec Poison and 10 sec Weakness are both just 2 sec/tick.
• After summoning a flesh worm if you use necrotic transversal it counts as a kill/type on the daily kills count.
• If you enter DS while getting hit by a channeled damaging ability, the damage “bleeds” through to your regular health instead of / in addition to hitting the DS life force pool.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Target the Weak – experimented with a Steady Dagger in the Mists, and the hit damage dind’t change with 5 conditions on the target dummy.

Any advice?

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hokouro.3469

Hokouro.3469

(NB0021) Does not remove conditions from other players (But still gives them to you) this seems to be working now

It is not fixed at all… The signet don’t transfer, the signet copy… This skill is always bugged.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

They are hashes
• Corrosive Poison Cloud – its 1 pulse every time the enemy doesnt have the conditions on, 5 seconds pre pulse each time, so overall yes if you would go to the count of 1 pulse pre second like all aoes, it is 2 seconds pre pulse.
• Plague Signet – uptade, it removes 1 condition, not all just 1 pre check, but copies all on allies to you (if you ally has just 1 condition it is actually transfered for remaining duration, if he has e.g. 3, 1 is transfered to you, while others are just copied, kinda like Deathly Swarm and Gathering Plague, it always transfers just 1 condition pre check.

Also possible that the ranger had the sigil that removes boons thus removing my stability while in plague (still kitten move that you can remove transformation stability) but it is a option.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Doesn’t Weaking Shroud have a text bug? It casts Enfeebling Blood at your location when you enter death shroud. Really a big shame, as I would like to use it otherwise at long range.

in Necromancer

Posted by: floppyjr.3459

floppyjr.3459

i ran CoF EM 3rd path the other day, the part were we need to defend an area with an incoming 7 or 8 waves of mobs and I remember being able to revive dead NPCs with the signet.

on that same day, I ran HoTW EM (forgot w/c path) but it was the final underwater boss, it was then I tried to use the signet but unfortunately unable to revive dead allies.

But you do have a point, the tooltip did say it only works for downed allies…
so does it mean that using it onland on dead players is a bug ?

I’ll test it again later today

HIRE/OCX
SoR

(edited by floppyjr.3459)