SOTG Interview: DS To Get a Unique Condition

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

I’d really like to see something that protects from condition removal.

Not something that necessarily removes the ability to remove conditions (That trivializes the matter) but forces the player to make a choice to cleanse or not.

For exampe: A condition that if it or other conditions on the target are cleansed then it “Explodes” dealing half the damage the conditions would have dealt over the full duration instantly.

Say a Ele has 12k worth of conditions on him, he can make a choice to keep those conditions on him and take the full duration or take 6k damage instantly and be very vulnerable to be finished off from quick burst. This would force players to think twice about cleanses instead of mindlessly spamming as much removal as possible. Still could be very beneficial to cleanse but it also could end up killing you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

How about an ability which forces you out of DS. It sacrifices a portion of your life force, takes you out of DS and fires a projectile at your target. If the projectile connects it deals a bit of damage, heals the necro slightly and applies 3 stacks of confusion and the new condition.

The new condition would be called clumsiness. It would basically tick for similar damage to burning but only when the player is moving (ie holding down or pressing movement/dodge/jump keys). It would stack in duration. So basically the target takes damage for trying to escape without removing the condition and takes damage when using abilities (thanks to confusion).

Might seem op but you can change the numbers to balance. Also you could scrap the heal and kicking out of DS idea. Just have it deal damage and apply confusion and clumsiness. Or scrap the damage and keep the heal.

Bare in mind if you use the skill it will always cause you to leave DS and lose some lifeforce but the actuall projectile can miss or be dodged, blocked or obstructed and you wont get any heal/damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

WHAT? Necromancers are one of the strongest classes underwater, hands down.

Heh…hard to believe with a spear that can’t hit squat because you have no mobility and DS skills that blow. I hate underwater combat (that isn’t pve). The DS skills suck, Wave of Fear and Gathering Plague are no good for solo Necros.

The g’darn Flesh Golem wilsons on you whenever you enter water, leaving you with that garbage Plague form.

The trident is the only useful weapon IMO on the Necro for underwater combat.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Whenever I use Deadly Catch or Foul Current, I go to my fluffy place.

Edit———
I go to my fluffy place with my quaggan backpack and have hugs of joy for the amazing mobility.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

I doubt complicated chain-type conditions will be favoured as they can be difficult to implement, maintain and balance.

A simple condition, that could be extended to others as well, could be something as simple as “for 3 seconds the target suffers 50% of the direct damage they inflict”….call it the “collateral consequences” or “gung ho” or “sacrifice” or something. Its damage is already tuned as per the damage they inflict normally…it is simple in concept….it can be adapted for other professions….it would be easy to tune/maintain by adjusting the %….and it is boring like all conditions. It is reasonably elegant in its application though…it means that the condition has a cost if the target keeps attacking (self harm) and if they chose to stop attacking (loss of damage output). It should be unblockable and un-dodgeable and unremoveable.

(edited by Oldbugga.7029)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

I doubt complicated chain-type conditions will be favoured as they can be difficult to implement, maintain and balance.

A simple condition, that could be extended to others as well, could be something as simple as “for 3 seconds the target suffers 50% of the direct damage they inflict”….call it the “collateral consequences” or “gung ho” or “sacrifice” or something. Its damage is already tuned as per the damage they inflict normally…it is simple in concept….it can be adapted for other professions….it would be easy to tune/maintain by adjusting the %….and it is boring like all conditions. It is reasonably elegant in its application though…it means that the condition has a cost if the target keeps attacking (self harm) and if they chose to stop attacking (loss of damage output). It should be unblockable and un-dodgeable and unremoveable.

Meh, this is like confusion.

The other condition that would be nice to see would be Nearsight (DAoC origin). This would cut the distance of a ranged attacker down by 50%.

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

in Necromancer

Kitedyou.1720

One of the best “conditions” in DAoC are stat debuffs… The DS5 could have a debuff condition that would reduce Power, Toughness, Vitality, Condition Damage, and Precision by a set percentage. The condition could be called “Debilitate” or something like that.

Sea of Sorrows

in Necromancer

Kitedyou.1720

Heh…hard to believe with a spear that can’t hit squat because you have no mobility and DS skills that blow. I hate underwater combat (that isn’t pve). The DS skills suck, Wave of Fear and Gathering Plague are no good for solo Necros.

The g’darn Flesh Golem wilsons on you whenever you enter water, leaving you with that garbage Plague form.

No mobility? Are we even playing the same game? Necromancers actually HAVE mobility under water. Its amazing and makes me wish I had my underwater abilities on land. I actually managed to 1v3 under water with my necromancer once. Something I’ve easily achieved on land with other classes, but never necromancer.

Either you are mega 1337 or they were total nOObs. I personally hate fighting underwater, perhaps that is because I have not done it enough, but I sure feel under-powered there.

Again, you have you opinion and I have mine. Thanks for trying really hard to remain respectable on your response above.

Sea of Sorrows

in Necromancer

Kitedyou.1720

No mobility? Are we even playing the same game? Necromancers actually HAVE mobility under water. Its amazing and makes me wish I had my underwater abilities on land. I actually managed to 1v3 under water with my necromancer once. Something I’ve easily achieved on land with other classes, but never necromancer.

Either you are mega 1337 or they were total nOObs. I personally hate fighting underwater, perhaps that is because I have not done it enough, but I sure feel under-powered there.

Again, you have your opinion and I have mine. Thanks for trying really hard to remain respectable on your response above.

Sea of Sorrows

in Necromancer

Kitedyou.1720

Its not my opinion alone, behind rangers (who are broken underwater) necromancers are very powerful underwater. Tip: don’t use spear, trident + DS + condition skills make us strong underwater.

The fundamental issue with your recommendation, Bhawb, is that not all necros are spec’d for condition dmg… I for one am currently Zoomancer spec… soon to be changing to Tank/Power spec ftfoi.

Sea of Sorrows

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Kited, I run Bone Fiend and Signet of the Locust under water. Bone minions, Epidemic, and either BiP or the improved Signet of Spite are rotated for the third slot depending on the situation. Foul Current is huge for me because I shoot through a mob from up close, gain distance on the other side, turn around and Epidemic. Bone Fiend wrecks my opponent with its ranged power attack while I do my thing. If you have not tried this setup, I encouage you to do so.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Necro spear and trident are incredibly powerful with power specs. Of all my characters my necro is the strongest underwater. Beating a warrior, guardian, mesmer. Warrior does some nice damage but the necro has insanely good damage aswell + an amazing aoe pull and a very powerful ranged weapon aswell. Its just a shame i cant use my wells underwater. So i run signet of locust, BiP and epidemic. Allows me to gain might and spread vulnerability really effectively.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Again, you have you opinion and I have mine. Thanks for trying really hard to remain respectable on your response above.

I have taken on an entire team underwater in raid on capricorn map, and I suck in pvp, which is prob why they took it out of tournament rotations. Necro can sit down there on ruins all night and is untouchable. Underwater combat is OUR realm and i reminded them that every time they dared to set their little nubs in my water. And don’t get me started on evasion spamming thieves, they’re so easy to kill.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Its not my opinion alone, behind rangers (who are broken underwater) necromancers are very powerful underwater. Tip: don’t use spear, trident + DS + condition skills make us strong underwater.

The fundamental issue with your recommendation, Bhawb, is that not all necros are spec’d for condition dmg… I for one am currently Zoomancer spec… soon to be changing to Tank/Power spec ftfoi.

I was on my power necro when I took the whole team down that one night, I used both trident and spear, you just have to know when to switch them out. Underwater has more finesse imo than spamming rotation chains or hitting epi above water.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dariroch.6482

Dariroch.6482

I think another special condition is a bad idea. What Necros need is a way to use their life force more effficiently and for a reason other than an extra health pool.

What I would like to see is spectal armor with a second dps component added to it.

Reapers Perogative

The ability grants protection/lf regen for 5 seconds then you have the ability to dump your life force rapidly to do a spike burst dps based on how much life force you have. So it would be trading lf for damage or just gain survivability depending on the situation.

No to more conditions we have too many as it is.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Could we get back on topic please. Unless you want to start talking about the new ds skill underwater this is derailing fast.

Besides saying any classes are op underwater is faulty as a good majority of players are noobs in the water, hence went they think their class is weak is that are not familiar enough and often encounter someone who is more versed in their water combat.

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Dang.. Minions are getting more buffs. That’s sweet but they don’t even need it, my Minion Necro is currently Overpowered. (In Tourney’s) It is very easy to bunker a point, or even contest one when fighting 2 opponents. But hey, I say they buff Regen Rangers too while they’r at it! Give them access to another source of passive health regeneration.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

^^ Yep, back on topic, the dev’s are eyeing the 5th slot in DS and would like it to apply a new condition. Lots of people have posted suggestions, even me, so are there any other ideas that are novel and interesting?

in Necromancer

Kitedyou.1720

I think another special condition is a bad idea. What Necros need is a way to use their life force more effficiently and for a reason other than an extra health pool.

What I would like to see is spectal armor with a second dps component added to it.

Reapers Perogative

The ability grants protection/lf regen for 5 seconds then you have the ability to dump your life force rapidly to do a spike burst dps based on how much life force you have. So it would be trading lf for damage or just gain survivability depending on the situation.

No to more conditions we have too many as it is.

You can get this through Rune Of The Forge; well, not exactly what you are suggesting, but an additional dps source.

Sea of Sorrows

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Just killed something in DS today and got the ingame-message:
“new skill learned: Locked”

i think they already made their choice. and this come ssooner than i expected oO

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

C’mon Anet, bring back disease! A necro special from gw1.

This would really be a nice addition and give the necro more group fight potential.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flowerpower.6795

Flowerpower.6795

Give me a skill that replaces all the new necromancer skills and minions with the gw1 ones. I would like to play a necromancer that feels like a necromancer.. getting stronger when somebody dies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Give me a skill that replaces all the new necromancer skills and minions with the gw1 ones. I would like to play a necromancer that feels like a necromancer.. getting stronger when somebody dies.

but you gain life force, what else you need?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Crazy thought: if you miss the GW1 necro, why aren’t you playing GW1? This isn’t a re-skin of GW1, its a whole new game, and so is going to be quite a bit different.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: duckcheeps.6490

duckcheeps.6490

Crazy thought: if you miss the GW1 necro, why aren’t you playing GW1? This isn’t a re-skin of GW1, its a whole new game, and so is going to be quite a bit different.

I’m pretty sure u can deduce what he meant in his comment without being a punk. It’s ok to have an positive opinion of GW1 necro and wanting GW2 necro to have some similarities. (even if his suggestion is unbelievably extreme)

Krooked[VC]
80 Necro “a dying breed”
Fort Aspenwood

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siegtastic.6372

Siegtastic.6372

I feel like I would like to see another Ice based move on Necromancers, could be something like:

Sheer:
Sheer deals X damage based on Z amount of Targets current health, applies Frost condition which upon dispel shatters target’s skin for Y damage(necromancer only Y damage increased per condition on target), Sheer ignores all evasion.

Just an idea I had needs work, to much wine.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hagrid Caridinam.3084

Hagrid Caridinam.3084

How about a “Cursed” condition: stacks duration and gives a X% chance for conditions to be reapplied for 2x duration on the target upon removal. “Cursed” can end when it triggers to avoid any exponential funniness…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

Man, how much fun would it be if they add Agony for necro’s…
Damage depending on the amount of Agony Resistance.

Run into a zerg full up scaled players and apply agony to all off them because agony resistance is only for level 80 characters. xD

Location, location, location.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

Not something that necessarily removes the ability to remove conditions (That trivializes the matter) but forces the player to make a choice to cleanse or not.

For exampe: A condition that if it or other conditions on the target are cleansed then it “Explodes” dealing half the damage the conditions would have dealt over the full duration instantly.

Say a Ele has 12k worth of conditions on him, he can make a choice to keep those conditions on him and take the full duration or take 6k damage instantly and be very vulnerable to be finished off from quick burst. This would force players to think twice about cleanses instead of mindlessly spamming as much removal as possible. Still could be very beneficial to cleanse but it also could end up killing you.

I really like this idea. It fits the style of play Anet likes to go with and it would change the game for necros, making them much more viable in more situations. (Even tho I think most of their imbalance is in defensive ability/no mobility). Use this idea and make a unique icon or effect on the targets with this condition. 50% instant damage of the total bleed damage might be a bit much tho, I’d say reduce it to 33% maybe.

The problem with giving a necro more ability offensively and not giving them more access to stability or mobility would be they would be top priority in all fights. Most of the time in small fights necros are targeted first anyways, so this might only encourage necros to get more of a face pounding than they have in the previous months.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Vem.8649

Lord Vem.8649

I really like this idea. It fits the style of play Anet likes to go with and it would change the game for necros, making them much more viable in more situations. (Even tho I think most of their imbalance is in defensive ability/no mobility). Use this idea and make a unique icon or effect on the targets with this condition. 50% instant damage of the total bleed damage might be a bit much tho, I’d say reduce it to 33% maybe.

The problem with giving a necro more ability offensively and not giving them more access to stability or mobility would be they would be top priority in all fights. Most of the time in small fights necros are targeted first anyways, so this might only encourage necros to get more of a face pounding than they have in the previous months.

Something that explodes on condition removal is not viable in pve. Almost no monsters or bosses use cleanse. Could maybe work if it did something else as well and had the explode as a secondary ability

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Wish this new Condi could help ad builds :<

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

Truth is, condition damage at the moment is plain rubbish compared to direct damage.

Sure, conditions ignore armor and keep damaging the target even if the user is incapacitated, but at what cost? They have a cap which makes them awful in dungeons or when focused fire is needed; They can be cleansed before they do any actual damage; They’re unable to crit; and finally, since they obviously need more time to do some comparable damage, their DPS is quite weak.

As it stands, the Necro’s DPS and utilities just aren’t up to scratch as a whole.
What he needs is either some form of condition-based burst to help with its DPS, or something really desirable that makes him useful in group play.

By combining the two, an idea springs to mind:

An “Unholy” (I’m terrible with names) status that makes afflicted mobs and players take damage from every healing skill used by allies AND enemies near them. This could not only help the DPS of the Necro, but also give another source of damage for its allies, effectively filling both of the problems I explained above.

It would add some strategy in SPvP, since people would need to carefully calibrate their own heals to avoid damaging an ally affected by the condition, and it would help keeping the DPS up even while healing in dungeons and general PvE.

Of course, there would still be the problem of it being possibly too easy to cleanse, and based on the duration it could be either really powerful or really crap. But I think it could change the gameplay in an interesting way and make some abilities less spammable.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

(edited by Zeghart.9841)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vorsakan.8259

Vorsakan.8259

I’ve tried to focus my 2 ideas focused on 3 rather-grounded principles – nothing too grandiose I’m afraid, but hopefully not already posted by anyone!

1. Keep it practical.
  2. Keep it simple enough to fit in a small tooltip, like existing conditions.
  3. Make it a “dark” DoT like the devs requested, but also applicable to other professions.

Wracked

Deals damage every second. Bleeding and burning take effect twice as fast. Stacks in duration.

This accelerates bleeding and burning on the target, so they both tick 100% quicker but also expire 100% quicker – the aims being to make condition damage more immediately impactful, and to make condition removal more pressing.
When wracked expires/is removed, those conditions just continue as normal from whatever fraction of a second they were on at the time.

The damage per second only on par with a bleed, because this condition needs to have a decent duration to make an impact.

For an icon, thinking a generic jagged ‘explosion’ as was popular with GW1 mesmer skills e.g. Aneurysm.

Necromancer simply inflicts as a curse, but applications on other profs would be:
> Mesmer as a mental effect.
> Thief/engineer as a chemical effect.
> Ele/guardian/ranger/warrior (maybe) as an exclamation mark on a burning attack – conceptually serious burns rather than burning.

Marked

Deals damage every second. Nearby foes gain might every second. Stacks in duration.

The aim of this one is to provide a fresh group dynamic, specifically challenging the current many vs 1 group dynamic of conditions under-performing and almost everyone standing well back (don’t have to lure people into melee – just skirmishing close enough to gain).
Hopefully might would be sufficiently tempting for more finely-tuned 1 v 1 encounters too, though I’m no expert on that…

The damage per second only on par with a bleed, because this condition also needs to have a decent duration to make an impact.
Perhaps 1 stack of might with a 5s duration per tick, so it would take a decent clump of foes to Epidemic up to the might cap.

The icon would of course be an archer’s target of concentric circles.

Necromancer simply inflicts as a curse/hex/doom, but applications on other profs would be:
> Ranger/warrior/guardian (maybe) as a tactical maneuver.
> Thief as a more literal marking of target with an attack.
> Mesmer also utilizing as a hex, or alternatively a form of inspiration.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I see a lot of good suggestions (and some that make me cringe). What do you think are the chances of DS5 skill being brought in on the 5/28 update?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I see a lot of good suggestions (and some that make me cringe). What do you think are the chances of DS5 skill being brought in on the 5/28 update?

zero

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Unlikely, its a bug fix patch, and they just announced they were thinking of a skill last month, I’d be surprised if it was done yet.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Misery.9825

Misery.9825

What ever the condition is, it should allow the necromancer some kind of condition burst like many of the other condition builds on different classes have. Elementalists can stack 20 bleeds permanently without relying on crits, but when they do crit they can also stack burning which ticks for an additional 1k depending on gear. Adding a condition that has a rather high damage tick would allow the necromancer to do decent amounts of damage before anything is cleansed. I also support that this condition punish cleansing as there is just so much access to it on many classes. Doing half the damage of your bleed values remaining on the target would be pretty good, or even silencing the ability to cleanse for x amount of time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nudd.2970

Nudd.2970

I didn’t really have time to read all of these posts and I apologize for that. I am sure there are a lot of great ideas as the community is infinitely creative. I did want to share my idea and if somebody has already thought of this, then they get the credit, certainly.

I was thinking of a Necro related condition that we might add and I thought of “nausea”. As necros are dealing with dead things, nothing is more disgusting than the rotting dead and that would induce “nausea” in the opponent, be it npc or pvp.

Nausea can also be a condition of Warriors in a “gut punch” or in rangers with maybe a skill based on releasing spores or possibly in creating sickness from noxious fumes from certain pets. I am sure with a little thought, there are other classes where “nausea” fits.

As for the actual effect that Nausea might create, I think there is room for a condition that drops the vitality of the affected person for the duration of the condition. That is to say, it doesn’t do actual damage to the afflicted, but reduces their maximum vitality (sort of like Deep Wounds did in GW1). So the health pool has a silver percentage at the top that appears when Nausea is on the enemy. Be they Npc or player. During the duration of that condition, if a player or npc tries to heal, they can’t heal above the percentage that is afflicted by Nausea.

For example, Lets say I have 100% of my health pool. That is 20000 health. Then I am afflicted with Nausea for 10 seconds and that condition does 10% (arbitrary figure) health reduction to me. My health suddenly drops to 18000 and my health orb has a silver area at the top that represents 2000 health I no longer have access to. Now if I take another 5000 damage from, whatever else, and then I try to heal while I am still afflicted with Nausea, my health doesn’t go above 18000 health.

Other condition options might be:

-Stacks in intensity
-Untraited the condition allows the user to recover the missing health when the condition ends and traited it doesn’t
-If purged or consumed, the missing health is restored (along with whatever other heals apply there) but if it expires the health is not restored.

I hope you get the idea. Just a thought off of the top of my head. I hope you will consider it.

——

Some guy called Nudd

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Whatever the new skill/condition is, it direly needs to not be a long cooldown one hit wonder. We already have way too much stuff like that, our wells, utilities, etc, that are 30+ seconds. That isn’t going to help much as our biggest issue is sustaining and attrition that we are advertised as.

It needs to be something that is going to go into our regular rotation, several times a fight. Of course will be limited already for most to the 10 sec DS cooldown. But shouldn’t be too much longer than that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

I will paste a paragraph of my post

Chains punishment
We have not yet had a “Rip conditions – Deal Damage” thing in the game so..

Range 600, AoE similar to Life Transfer, instant cast,breaks stun,CD 90s
Ethereal chains from the beyond will grab your foes immobilizing them for 3s.
Every foe within 600 range will get inflicted by Ethereal Punishment.

Ethereal Punishment(New Condition)
Ethereal Punishment will rip 1 condition per second from nearby foes inflicting damage for every unique condition.
Lasts 5 seconds.
Damage formula:
Level * 2 + (0.25 * Power + 0.35 * Condition Damage)

DS5 should be good for both Power and Condition damage builds.
With the above Formula you will pretty much do the same damage if you are on Cond. or Power build.
The level variable is there to make DS5 worthy in the lower levels of PvE/WvW too.

I,as many others, would like to see DS5 as a boost to our mobility and/or survivability and not a new condition, but if it has to be a new condition then the above will solve some of our damage problems(both in power builds and cond)

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarnDevil IV.2143

DarnDevil IV.2143

I totally agree that what necromancers really need is some more mobility…

Only rasonable choice IMO would be a condition that punishes it it is removed, so you would think twice before burning all your condition removals.

But we have terror for condition bursting and it works like a dream. You can achieve a moderate burst with undead runes and have higher dps or give up some dps with runes of the necromancer/nightmare to achieve 200% fear duration for bigger burst.

I would like to see something like channeled dash forward in a shadow form evading attacks and draining 1% life force every 13 units moved, this would make you go for about 1200 range if you have a full LF.

As for now you just pop your DS to live for 2seconds longer if you get focused by a group of ppl. At least it would actually help you live and you could kill bunnies in WvW to travel faster and keep up with everyone else. Necromancers always get left behind.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Keep in mind that we are trying to find a condition that can be used by multiple classes

Oh, so you can give stronger versions of it to other classes, while necro gets two, three applications of 1 sec version of it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

People suggest a lot of cleanse protection here in that it would block condies from being cleansed. Imagine an engineer getting access to a condition like that later with the current condi stacking they got. Result would be you see yourself burning, bleeding, confused, poisoned and your heal just healed you for 5 k without cleansing those conditions since the engi placed that condi protection on you. Our problem is that we rely too much on bleeding and don’t have anything else outside terror(our poison application is laughable). Bleeding gets cleansed a lot and has a slow ramp up time most of the cases. We need more variety for our damage conditions and we need something that is used reliably and often in our rotation, hence it needs to be on a short CD.

Again, people need to remember that this is not about adding a new condition to necro, but adding a new condition to the whole game. Once other classes get access to it then we might be back to the spot of where we are now with the necro. I actually do not see why it is needed to add a new condition to the game at this stage. There’s a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed and could use improvements. Instead of a new condition we could use some improved poison application ability which would be nice as an example.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

Again, people need to remember that this is not about adding a new condition to necro, but adding a new condition to the whole game.

Distortion is still exclusive to Mesmers. Necro’s should be able to have their own exclusive condition. I don’t think this will be the case, however, for DS5. Jon Sharp said that the DS5 will be a new condition which will appear first on Necro’s DS5.

To that, I say I am disgusted that Jon Sharp has anything to do with balancing with Necromancer. Whatever happened to Necromancers mastering DS and being this fear-inspiring class? Jon is incompetent and the fact that he has any involvement with DS5 is proof to me that it will be a disappointment and assurance that this new ability will do nothing for Necromancer as a class. The history of changes to the Necromancer is testament to that. … Underwater buffs… really? Because we needed that…

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

(edited by BobJoeXXI.2493)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Again, people need to remember that this is not about adding a new condition to necro, but adding a new condition to the whole game.

Distortion is still exclusive to Mesmers. Necro’s should be able to have their own exclusive condition. I don’t think this will be the case, however, for DS5. Jon Sharp said that the DS5 will be a new condition which will appear first on Necro’s DS5.

To that, I say I am disgusted that Jon Sharp has anything to do with balancing with Necromancer. Whatever happened to Necromancers mastering DS and being this fear-inspiring class? Jon is incompetent and the fact that he has any involvement with DS5 is proof to me that it will be a disappointment and assurance that this new ability will do nothing for Necromancer as a class. The history of changes to the Necromancer is testament to that. … Underwater buffs… really? Because we needed that…

I want whoever did those underwater buffs working on our land balance.
If my Necro was 2/3 as smooth and powerful on land as he is on water I would be 100% satisfied with the class.

Casting times are great, weapon skills have synergy, minions work, CB and Epidemic never fail, mobility… the list of what works better underwater is staggering.

EDIT : Forgot to mention how amazing underwater DS skills are.

PS – 10 gold says that when DS5 skill gets implemented they forget to put it in underwater DS as well.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

(edited by Kiriakulos.1690)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Agreed. Underwater necro is pretty smooth to play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

Underwater necro is a beast.

Get bone minions and spear and you can burst anything in PvE, skelk farming gets pretty kitten stupid…

And then you have all the awesome stuff and mobillity for PvP.

kitten, wish we had the underwater weapons on the surface!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Had another idea for both a new condition and a DS 5 ability.

New condition:

Torpor: Abilities and actions take 50% longer to complete. (Fixed magnitude, stacks in duration, increases effect duration with % condition duration.)

DS 5th slot:

Decay: Target gains Torpor for X seconds. You gain life-force for each ability activation performed by the target for X seconds.

Theory behind this: An ability that would help a Necromancer draw out a fight; by both decreasing outgoing enemy spike damage as well as leaving their target more vulnerable to having abilities interrupted thanks to longer activation times. Would combine well with the Chill condition from within the Necromancer class as well as have some team synergy with interrupts from other classes. Also not so theme specific as to disallow its usage on other classes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

Had another idea for both a new condition and a DS 5 ability.

New condition:

Torpor: Abilities and actions take 50% longer to complete. (Fixed magnitude, stacks in duration, increases effect duration with % condition duration.)

DS 5th slot:

Decay: Target gains Torpor for X seconds. You gain life-force for each ability activation performed by the target for X seconds.

Theory behind this: An ability that would help a Necromancer draw out a fight; by both decreasing outgoing enemy spike damage as well as leaving their target more vulnerable to having abilities interrupted thanks to longer activation times. Would combine well with the Chill condition from within the Necromancer class as well as have some team synergy with interrupts from other classes. Also not so theme specific as to disallow its usage on other classes.

Imagine being effected by it as a necro and casting 2 second life blasts, 2,5 second consume condition, etc. Gonna be hilarious when a necro gets affected by this while other classes just cleanse it with some instant abilities. Seems necros would suffer the most from a condition like this so not a very good plan.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

1) Putrid mark (if you are pvp’ing and not running staff as at least an alt weapon…wtf?) would allow one to judo it right back onto the giver + the blast damage.

2) Deathly swarm (offhand dagger) would transfer this as well.

3) Life blast (underwater) would also transfer it.

4) Well of blood is a Light combo field. In a team combat situation there’s a decent chance someone will drop a blast finisher on you if you are duking it out with an enemy.

5) Better yet, use Well of Power and convert it to Quickness.

6) Having it mainly be on a DS ability would mean you’d encounter it rarely at best….’cuz, you know, Necromancers in mass pvp where it would be most crippling are getting rather rare.

Edit: and ideally when facing an opponent likely to cleanse one would throw out a couple of nasty but disposable conditions on them first to get them to blow their cleanse, then apply something like this to keep the fight on your terms. If you dropped everything you had on them all at once and lost it all to a cleanse….you deserved to lose, sorry.

(edited by Overkillengine.6084)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bennet.2954

Bennet.2954

My greatest hope is that we get something like unstable affliction.
I know a lot of people don’t like WoW for varying reasons but that spell was perfect for a dot class.
For those that have no idea what I am on about http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30108

It’s a spell that does dmg over time (a dot) but if cleansed does a lot of dmg and a 4 second silence.

Of course this would have to be adapted to gw2 but in my opinion it would make the necro unique and it would make people randomly cleansing condis all the time think twice and it would make us a really valuable option for tpvp.