No cleave for sword?

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

It seems that the sword is primarily a single-target weapon. Only the third skill in the AA hits multiple target (3). Then, skills 2 and 3 are also 3 targets and to be honest, the cooldown is not too high, but still. We will have to see if for multiple targets (PvE) mace does not end up being better (although it is still limited to 3…).

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

The first and third hit of the auto attack chain hit 3 targets each, and the second part of the chain is a piercing projectile.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Sword auto-attack also has a pierce on the second skill, similar to Ele’s Vapour Blade on dagger.

EDIT: Too slow.

The first and third hit of the auto attack chain hit 3 targets each, and the second part of the chain is a piercing projectile.

Can the projectile trigger finishers? Or is it more of a projectile in the Vapour Blade sense?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

(edited by TheDaiBish.9735)

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Silverkey.2078

Ok, I did not see the 3 enemies in the description for the 1st AA (http://dulfy.net/2015/07/17/gw2-revenant-shiro-legend-and-sword-skills-livestream-notes/ ) and forgot about the projectile for the 2nd.

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Only part of the autoattack hitting 3 targets makes it not very good for pve. Maybe it will have some practical applications in pvp.

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Eh, Revenant gets weapon Swap. Use Staff for Trash mobs and Sword for Bosses.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Silverkey.2078

No but I was wrong, so all attacks in the AA hit multiple enemies. It was just no clear in the tooltip.

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

If u want to do dmg, staff is no option sadly.

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They just did a huge bump on the staff’s damage. I’m not entirely sure if that’s the case now. Even still, you’re likely better off sticking with S+S. Or more realistically, in pve, S+A.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

They just did a huge bump on the staff’s damage. I’m not entirely sure if that’s the case now. Even still, you’re likely better off sticking with S+S. Or more realistically, in pve, S+A.

seeing the offhand sword, I don’t see a big use for off-hand axe. Sword 3 is a better shadowstep than Axe 4 as it doesn’t require a projectile to hit and it’s on a shorter CD (and only costs 5 more energy). It has twice the range, but in most PvE scenarios that much range is going to put you out of buffing range.

Sword 5 is much better for pulling bosses than Axe 5. Axe has use in clumping up mobs, sure…but the rift is harder to aim and has the potential for pulling mobs out of AoEs due to clunkiness.

Overall, I get the feeling that Sw+Sw is going to see a lot more use than Sw+A in the majority of instances.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

seeing the offhand sword, I don’t see a big use for off-hand axe. Sword 3 is a better shadowstep than Axe 4 as it doesn’t require a projectile to hit and it’s on a shorter CD (and only costs 5 more energy). It has twice the range, but in most PvE scenarios that much range is going to put you out of buffing range.

Sword 5 is much better for pulling bosses than Axe 5. Axe has use in clumping up mobs, sure…but the rift is harder to aim and has the potential for pulling mobs out of AoEs due to clunkiness.

Overall, I get the feeling that Sw+Sw is going to see a lot more use than Sw+A in the majority of instances.

Sword 3 doesn’t really need to be compared to A4, you’d simply have both, and A4 is much longer range.

Essentially what we’re comparing is:
A block (with a follow up, not likely to be used often in pve) and a single target pull.
Versus
A distance closer with a huge burst tied to it (it’s a two-part attack with a final burst) and a mob clumper with added damage and conditions.

I’m pretty sure you’ll get more use out of the axe offhand in PVE.

WVW on the other hand, that pull is a nasty bugger.

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Silverkey.2078

I definitely agree on that, the axe 4 has a high DPS and would probably need to be included in a DPS rotation and can be a good opening.
PS: here are the damage coefficients for the sword:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Damage-coefficients-for-swords

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Meh, so s/a looks like it will be meta for revenant? I really don’t want to use that, would much rather go s/s.

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

So if we’re assuming that S/A is gonna be the “Main DPS set” for PvE, then we can look into a complimentory set.

Hammer: High Burst Potential, could fill a similar spot as the LB for Rangers, i.e use 2 while running, followed by 3 and/or 5 before switching to S/A and keeping to it for the remainder of the fight.

Staff: Also burst Potential with 5, as well as the Projectile blocking on 3. Probably gonna be pretty niche though.

Mace: Niche use, possibly against walls you’ll see 3 being used for multiple blast finishers into a Fire field.

Sword Off-hand: Didn’t get a good look on the damage on 4, but if it’s worthwhile it might see some use in higher-level fractals or Arah. The pull could probably have some uses as well.

Shield: Might be all kinds of awesome, we don’t know yet.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

Meh, so s/a looks like it will be meta for revenant? I really don’t want to use that, would much rather go s/s.

For PvE***. Yes. Otherwise, it will sort of come down to preference.

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Silverkey.2078

And let’s not forget Glint is coming soon. While she was a rather helping character, she was also a kitten dragon. Maybe she will bring in offensive support + another DPS weapon/set…

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I have a feeling she is going to be more on the support side. Though if she helps with survivability I won’t complain. But they really need to buff Jalis in terms of that, he is the “tanky” stance afterall.

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

ronpierce.2760

And let’s not forget Glint is coming soon. While she was a rather helping character, she was also a kitten dragon. Maybe she will bring in offensive support + another DPS weapon/set…

I’m pretty sure it’s a buffing-support build. It gets Shield offhand ( at least according to skills and weapon data-mining). And the skills suggested it gave Protection and some condition removal AOE. Granted, some of the Staff skills ended up looking like the old shield datamined skills, so we’ll just have to wait and see. I’m sure much has changed.

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Only part of the autoattack hitting 3 targets makes it not very good for pve. Maybe it will have some practical applications in pvp.

ranger’s best pve weapon cleaves only on 2/3 of the AA chain

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: Klaeljanus.7695

Klaeljanus.7695

So when are you going to Fix Necro’s self-conditions like you are doing with reaper?

No cleave for sword?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I don’t think Roy is the one working on Necro atm. Go post that in Necromancer forum