Unrelenting Assault procs confusion 7x ?

in Revenant

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Is this intended or a result of the way its coded?

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

AFAIK, Unrelenting Assault seems to act like it’s doing 7 different skills to continually shadowstep to an enemy and attack. Think of it activating Steal 7 times in a row, for example.
It seems like it’s intended or just a limitation of the engine.

in Revenant

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Other similar skills have been adjusted to fix this interaction in the past.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in Revenant

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

It’s the same mechanic that procs the might each attack as well. I’ll live with the confusion.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Revenant

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’s the same mechanic that procs the might each attack as well. I’ll live with the confusion.

I don’t think so, since similar multi-hit skills where each hit creates an effect only proc Confusion once. Necromancer has the most of these (conditions, life force, healing, etc.), but none of their skills proc Confusion more than once.

I’d say it’s definitely a bug.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Revenant

akaCryptic.2389

Except you only get might if you hit something, but the confusion is always there and you cant cancel the animation.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Whenever descreption lists damage as hit per attack and not damage combined (i.e. 2000 (x6) ), it procs damage with each hit.

That’s the reason why Confusion has been so strong against Revenants since beginning and it’s always been like this. Intended.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

akaCryptic.2389

Whenever descreption lists damage as hit per attack and not damage combined (i.e. 2000 (x6) ), it procs damage with each hit.

My quick experimentation with hundred blades & ghastly claws disagrees with your statement.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I guess its a result of the way its coded. And if they cant fix it+breaking on stealth unlike every other channeled ability (that are supposed to counter stealth) they most likely have to make it single target.

Atm UA proc confusion 8 times. First proc happen on skill activation btw

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

That’s the reason why Confusion has been so strong against Revenants since beginning and it’s always been like this. Intended.

Nightfall on Reaper Greatsword only procs it once.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Revenant

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

There’s always been a balancing issue between smaller multi hit skill’s and utilities vs the high damage modifier single hits. The single hits have always been strongest when you factor in retal and confusion.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I cant find the offical statement but is not a bug, is intended, a bit of a counter to the skill itself, so you gotta be careful when you use it

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

It must be bug, Elementalist Scepter 3 was like that when you activated it procced confusion several time, they fixed now it only does once.

For Rev, I created a thread about this during BETA weeks, no reaction no acknowledgement no denial, nothing.

So nobody knows it is intended or bug.

It is specially bad against PU condi mesmers, when I see them, I turn away and go somewhere else.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

There’s always been a balancing issue between smaller multi hit skill’s and utilities vs the high damage modifier single hits. The single hits have always been strongest when you factor in retal and confusion.

Rapid fire proc confusion olny one time. So does hb, whirl wrath, volley and any other channeled stuff really. They also dont break on stealth bc channeled skills were supposed to be a counter to mindless stealth. It goes against game desing as seen here;

“If an enemy is channeling an attack on a player that goes into stealth, it will often continue to do so until the channeling ends or the player moves far enough away.”

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stealth

Never experienced that “moves far enough” part tho

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

It goes against game desing as seen here;

“If an enemy is channeling an attack on a player that goes into stealth, it will often continue to do so until the channeling ends or the player moves far enough away.”

cough often cough

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

It goes against game desing as seen here;

cough often cough

Well feel free to show me which channeled ability breaks on stealth/trigger more than once confusion outside of ua.

in Revenant

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m guessing the reason UA counts as 7 separate attacks rather than a long channel is mainly because they didn’t want to lock players into hitting a bunch of nothing if an enemy dies partway through the attack. May be easier to make the game stop an individual chain of attacks if the last one doesn’t hit (just like an auto-attack chain) rather than trying to get the game to stop a channel halfway through.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Is it just me that thinks it is a theme thing? Like, you actually appear and perform a separate hit physically, not part of some beam or whatever.

in Revenant

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Except you wouldn’t be biased, right?

Does anything in game proc 6-7 of any condi in one button press?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Revenant

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Except you wouldn’t be biased, right?

Does anything in game proc 6-7 of any condi in one button press?

Hundred Bladed (Only Twice, though)
Unload
Poison Dart Volley

Are the only ones that come to mind. Should be noted that, far as I know, this only goes for Channeled Skills that does not summon an Object which does the damage. (Such as Meteor Rain isn’t affected by this, AFAIK).

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in Revenant

Gaaroth.2567

I think the main problem is that you people are considering this a standard channeled ability, which is not. UA requires a target for each hit, otherwise it breaks: where would you teleport to if you havent a target? So even if you press 1 button it is actually a trigger for 7 separated attacks that will count as 7 skill activations, and that’s also the same reason why we cannot break out of it once cast: is not one long skill (like 100b), is a chain of 7.
That’s why it is fine to be affected 7 times by confusion, and mind you that I’m maining a rev, so is not that i’m trying to nerf them or what.
I’m totally fine with this, and even if it would possible to avoid this with some trick in the skill script, I’m against it. UA is pretty strong, has a long evade in good damage and generates might. It has very few counters, let confusion be one of those.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?