So...this just happened.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest.4507

Tempest.4507

It makes perfect sense to me, and pretty much everyone else who’s laughing at’cha. I haven’t made any claims of my own, but rather have been pointing out that your fellow thieves do not agree with you – and for some reason you think every single one of them is wrong and you are right.

You came here to vent, hoping others would back you up and vent with you. When they did not… you made a fool of yourself and are continuing to make a fool of yourself, even after other thieves have been giving you logical and heartfelt constructive feedback.

What are the odds that all of them are wrong and you are right? But please, continue telling us how its impossible to play our profession in ways that we are playing every day.

Of course it is gonna make sense to you. It is gonna make sense to anyone with only big mouth and bold claims but no action. If you haven’t made any “claims” what are you doing in here anyway? Waste of time. Mostly for me.

I came here with facts and proofs. When no one was able to counter it with facts, they tried their cheap “L2P” and bashing tactics which also failed. And those that gave really logical and heartfelt constructive feedback has been asnwered with respect.

Couldn’t expect any less from a comunity that QQ’ed for years for thief nerfs and of course just like any sane company would do, Anet was forced to listen rather than lose it’s whiny money kittenting playerbase. But please keep writing here without any point in your posts. It is really strange that all the thieves who are EXPERT at playing, spend most of their times in thief forums arguing and claiming what they can do, rather than actually doing them.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I came here with facts and proofs.

All based on your failure to L2P Thief.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

So…

Fact and proofs of his failure?

Harsh.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

So…

Fact and proofs of his failure?

Harsh.

And his insistence that the universe should revolve around him.

Every Thief knows the risk of running ‘zerker, we have already discussed that to death. Him suggesting that we should have more damage as a way to balance our squishiness doesn’t really solve his L2P problem…he’s still gonna get 1-shotted.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Form.8741

Form.8741

The ability of a profession to 1-shot another profession that can’t 1-shot it back…no matter how long the telegraph, delay, etc…how is that fair again?

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

The ability of a profession to 1-shot another profession that can’t 1-shot it back…no matter how long the telegraph, delay, etc…how is that fair again?

Which profession are you talking about?

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Yes, because stealthed one shot will totally be telegraphed, easy to see coming, easy to dodge, blind able and CC able.

and tbh i don’t even know why you are talking about balance in a so broken mode like WvW, and thief it’self being the unkillable killing machine if you build it correctly and don’t mind using brainless no skill aids.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Form.8741

Uh. You don’t mean thief. I know you don’t because the only thieves winning fights 1v1 are the ones picking on underlevels and other thieves. Therefore, you must be joking. Yes, surely you JEST!

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Reavan.8753

Reavan.8753

Uh. You don’t mean thief. I know you don’t because the only thieves winning fights 1v1 are the ones picking on underlevels and other thieves. Therefore, you must be joking. Yes, surely you JEST!

Really you bads are amazing.
You want to win 1v1 easy? Hop on over and turret engi.

However thief is still very potent and on this forum you will find many tips to improve your playstyle yet you and the op and bad players like you just cry on here about how terrible your life as a thief is.

Its very sad.
Amusing.
Yet sad.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Form.8741

You mean…if I had full ascended gear I would stand a chance at beating guards and eles who were just using exotic and rares? And that’s the definition of a good thief?

BTW this forum hasn’t had useful tips since the first few months. All people post are “builds.”

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

You mean…if I had full ascended gear I would stand a chance at beating guards and eles who were just using exotic and rares? And that’s the definition of a good thief?

BTW this forum hasn’t had useful tips since the first few months. All people post are “builds.”

Well, wanna duel my thief? * i don’t even play thief anymore*
you can use any class you wish, in PvP fair fight, no uplevels, no gear difference

i just can’t take any of your complaints seriously, unless you beat my thief, reasonable, right? and it should be easy, because i didn’t play it for months or even a year+

(edited by lighter.2708)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Revanought Lord.9532

Revanought Lord.9532

Right then, I came to the thief forums looking for something interesting to read, and what do I find? This beautiful gem of a thread that had enough lols to fuel the rofl copter.

From what I have read (and yes I read the whole thread), people have pointed out that you don’t seem to know the basic mechanics of thief such as dodging, stealth, weapon switching for utility and even something as mundane as walking and when people tell you something productive, you don’t think about what they are actually saying and immediately call them trolls or stupid followed up by you checking all of their past messages for some reason.
To me this looks like a serious case of L2P (yes even with lag it is doable) and at the same time a case of deflate your ego and take advice from the people who gave you some.

Anyway keep the rofl copter spinning Tempest xD

Reaper Of Kane-(Former)Engineer Commander
“Evil flowers steadily bloom, with an array of bloodied doom”

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

Right then, I came to the thief forums looking for something interesting to read, and what do I find? This beautiful gem of a thread that had enough lols to fuel the rofl copter.

From what I have read (and yes I read the whole thread), people have pointed out that you don’t seem to know the basic mechanics of thief such as dodging, stealth, weapon switching for utility and even something as mundane as walking and when people tell you something productive, you don’t think about what they are actually saying and immediately call them trolls or stupid followed up by you checking all of their past messages for some reason.
To me this looks like a serious case of L2P (yes even with lag it is doable) and at the same time a case of deflate your ego and take advice from the people who gave you some.

You just gotta love those people, hoping out of no where, claiming that they read the whole post from start to end, and then saying “this person is right, you are wrong, because I said so. I can’t give you the reasons because there is none.”

At 400 latency, you have something like 1-1.5 sec of action delay. That includes dodges as well. So please go ahead and tell me that you always play with lag and and it’s totally manageable and you can easily dodge a 1.25 cast time skill.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Because killshot is the most telegraphed skill in this game and anyone with half a brain dodges it.

Wow you have eyes in your back too.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Because killshot is the most telegraphed skill in this game and anyone with half a brain dodges it.

You can rotate your camera angle to show behind your character, it’s really helpful

9 Guardians later…

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

You just gotta love those people, hoping out of no where, claiming that they read the whole post from start to end, and then saying “this person is right, you are wrong, because I said so. I can’t give you the reasons because there is none.”

At 400 latency, you have something like 1-1.5 sec of action delay. That includes dodges as well. So please go ahead and tell me that you always play with lag and and it’s totally manageable and you can easily dodge a 1.25 cast time skill.

Can we go back to the start then, what was your issue again? Do you consider yourself a good theif with enough insight to claim other classes/builds, e.g rifle warrior overpowered? Why are you struggling on your thief, is it cuz u have high ping but want to win still/it shouldnt be a factor? There are many here that have pointed out what you couldve done diferently, to put it gently, but you seem uninterested in their, to me, logical and experienced answer. If you want them to treat you differently then perhaps change your tone

Oh and please do watch the newly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cYisLHaUjc
This is a perfect example of how to utilize a thief and succeed vs other classes, even some considered to be counter. Perhaps you can learn from this? It also showcases what other classes can not do.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

(edited by nacario.9417)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I wouldn’t ignore a Warrior that is within a radius of 2000 units. Or any enemy actually.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Reavan.8753

It’s a case of misplaced pride with tempest.

He doesn’t like people looking down on him after he made the mistake of using this forum as his personal whine toilet.

He expected others to agree with him and whine about rifle warriors and anything else.
Instead the community stood above him most giving advice.

ADVICE! HOW DARE YOU!
I AM TEMPEST AND I PLAY TEEF GOOD! WARRIORS AND LAG ARE OP THAT’S ALL AGREE WITH ME OR UR TROLL AND ALSO BAD!

Hahah
Brilliant!

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Can someone explain me, how a minimum 20k HP, heavy armor wearer, having regen wheter in combat or not class is able to “assassinate” whereas our “suppose-to-be-assassin” thief class even though fully built for damage (zerker gear + traits) is only able to hit for 3 to 6k with a backstab (the skill where you have to go stealth first and then catch the guy without damaging anything and not get melted from all the AoE and lets not forget all the knockdowns and stuns). Now most ppl will tell me to dodge the attack and that might have been an easy thing to do If I had lived in the middle of europe but I dont. Lowest latency I had so far was 170, normally It goes around 250-300 and up to 500 in most nights. And Its not like its very easy to see which skill he uses when there are other ppl fighting near you. My point is, because thieves depend too much on dodges and stealth( which is in my opinion less effective than having invulnerabilty because you still take full damage from anything and if you have any damaging conditions ppl can still see you because of floating damage numbers(might be a bug or related with lag) to stay alive and Its one of the hardest thing to do again in my opinion, I dont think we have enough damage to compensate for it. Does anyone else feel like this?

Honestly, i really don’t understand your type. You remind me of half the old playerbase of the game S4 league. They show up to play clocking at 200 ms, a game where a split second really matters just to screw everyone else over with delayed movement.

Fortunately in this game laggy players are the ones that get punished the most and if you are clocking at 500 then you really should not not be playing instead of asking anet to give you more damage because you have bad connection.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I wouldn’t ignore a Warrior that is within a radius of 2000 units. Or any enemy actually.

Exactly. Situational Awareness.

A trebuchet boulder deals more damage than the Warrior’s Kill shot — so according to the OP the Thief should deal as much damage as the boulder as a form of compensation to his squishiness.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

I personally dislike the term l2p as it only causes more trouble than its worth.
Tempest- all people here are saying is that it is not the class’s fault per se that you got killed by a warrior. Thieves kill warriors all the time, and vise versa. If played well, a thief can destroy a warrior, but the same goes for a warrior. You cannot use one situation as the grounds for increasing a class’s overall damage. You got killed by a killshot in most likely a large area with a bunch of stuff going on. There’s no way anyone could pay attention to every single little detail in a fight- so stuff like this happens no matter how great of a player you are. I personally haven’t seen you play so I’m not going to come out and blatantly say you suck, as I have nothing to base that on. This has happened to me before, it has happened to everyone I know before, and I’m willing to bet it’s happened to the even the best thief players (whether they admit it or not). Stuff like this happens, and you have to accept that. Move on, take your anger out on a few moas, and have fun.

Attachments:

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

This has happened to me before, it has happened to everyone I know before, and I’m willing to bet it’s happened to the even the best thief players (whether they admit it or not).

Nobody here is saying that this stuff never happen to us. In fact, part of the L2P is actually experiencing this and learning from it instead of complaining in the forum trying to rally everyone else for all the wrong reasons.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Nobody here is saying that this stuff never happen to us. In fact, part of the L2P is actually experiencing this and learning from it instead of complaining in the forum trying to rally everyone else for all the wrong reasons.

Not what I was trying to say sorry. That’s exactly what I’m trying to tell him, just in a friendly manner.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

No Class should be able to one-shot any other class no matter how squishy or glass cannon they are. Because It takes away the skill. And It is even WORSE if that said one-shot can happen from a 1500 range distance, over the hill or top of the wall, from a safe place.

Any person that says “You got one-shotted because you were full-zerker (like thieves can go bunker and kill any class)” or "you should have ran away when you have seen that warrior “critting” you ( Are you for real?)" or “you died because you weren’t watching everything and every player around you at the same time” just want to continue one-shot people and think they are better than them, all the while it was because their cheesy builds allowed them to do so, not their skill.

It’s pretty stupid to talk about balance in a game where there isn’t even a 1v1 mode in the first place. Only think a thief can 1v1 in sPvP is either other thieves or shatter mesmers. That is also a fact. I am not saying you won’t ever kill other classes. You can even kill a medi-guard if they don’t know how to play or how to counter a thief. But if you at least watched some pro-level tournaments you will see that thieves only jobs are decapping and outnumbering fights(in which case, any class that outnumbers a fight can do the job, some even better. But thieves SB mobility allow them to quickly move out of fights to go decap or cap and thats why thieves are chosen for this job).

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

Can we go back to the start then, what was your issue again? Do you consider yourself a good theif with enough insight to claim other classes/builds, e.g rifle warrior overpowered? Why are you struggling on your thief, is it cuz u have high ping but want to win still/it shouldnt be a factor? There are many here that have pointed out what you couldve done diferently, to put it gently, but you seem uninterested in their, to me, logical and experienced answer. If you want them to treat you differently then perhaps change your tone

Oh and please do watch the newly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cYisLHaUjc
This is a perfect example of how to utilize a thief and succeed vs other classes, even some considered to be counter. Perhaps you can learn from this? It also showcases what other classes can not do.

Now imagine, on the video you linked, in any of those fights while he is dueling. Imagine a warrior popping out his adrenaline signet and pressing F1 from top of a hill or something, on our thief. If he is not lucky enough to accidently time his evade, he will be on the ground in that instant. And you guys would call this……skill? That the warrior bested him? That It was his mistake to not look at everywhere while also focusing on the guy he is dueling? You really call this “balanced” ?

This is an MMO, not Call of Duty where you can kill a guy with throwing knife that ricocheted from a wall and hits the guys pinky toe. Or sniping from the other side of the map, which fits the “Kill-shot” even more.

(edited by Tempest.4507)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

nacario.9417

It’s not about him being lucky to time evade, ideally you would want to dodge roll something to prevent damage, that mainly factors your own coordination ability (where you have to factor your own 400 ping). It’s very easy to point out that rifle Warrior can hit hard, but look at everything else he cannot do. Thats the reason that weapon set isnt generally used in WvW or SPvP. You said it yourself, it’s not all about 1v1, and more about what you can bring as a whole. That said, in a 1v1, a rifle warrior would lose as he doesnt have the Tools to sustain a longer fight, granted he fights a capable enemy. You lost because you didnt pay attention for a split second, same way zerker class X can kill someone quickly if they dont pay attention or use counter skills.

Surely it must be frustrating taking a one hit KO on your squishy thief, but know that the Warrior alone is kitten.

Power Ranger PvP

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

It’s not about him being lucky to time evade, ideally you would want to dodge roll something to prevent damage, that mainly factors your own coordination ability (where you have to factor your own 400 ping). It’s very easy to point out that rifle Warrior can hit hard, but look at everything else he cannot do. Thats the reason that weapon set isnt generally used in WvW or SPvP. You said it yourself, it’s not all about 1v1, and more about what you can bring as a whole. That said, in a 1v1, a rifle warrior would lose as he doesnt have the Tools to sustain a longer fight, granted he fights a capable enemy. You lost because you didnt pay attention for a split second, same way zerker class X can kill someone quickly if they dont pay attention or use counter skills.

Surely it must be frustrating taking a one hit KO on your squishy thief, but know that the Warrior alone is kitten.

One more time…

You will not see anyone else while dueling with a person. Or rather, you won’t see them clearly. You will be focused on the enemy in front of you. And a warrior can easily one shot you from 1500 range. A range you won’t be able to see what is he doing. A range where he can literally sit on a wall or a hill which you will not be able to see because you don’t fight while looking at the sky.

Can an elementalist one-shot you from 1500 range? NO.
Can a necromancer one-shot you from 1500 range? NO.
Can a guardian one-shot you from 1500 range? NO.
Can an engineer one-shot you from 1500 range? NO.
Can a ranger one-shot you from 1500 range? NO. (Rapid Fire is not one-shot and gives you enough time to dodge,shadowstep, teleport, pop up invulnerability etc.)
Can a mesmer one-shot you from 1500 range? NO. (He needs to build up his burst through clones first. You still have time to disengage)
Can a thief one-shot you from 1500 range? Well guess what? NO. Why? Because it is still not one-shot and you still have time to pop-out your utility or whatever you have.)

All in all, it is widely known that warrior is the easiest class to play thus also known that it is the most played class. And if you are telling me that these 2 classes (warrior and thief) are perfectly balanced againts each other while playing a warrior is easier than playing a thief, then it is not really balanced at all.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

This thread has all kinds of fail in it

1. If rifle/warrior were truly OP and needed balancing you should post in the Warrior forums not the thief forums
2. Clearly rifle is not OP in fact.. it was just buffed and STILL a rifle warrior is not meta for anything in this game except killing noob thieves who aren’t paying attention
3. L2P you have 3 utilities 2 dodges and stealth/evade on every weapon set you can mitigate a kill shot at ANY time unless you have no endurance/utilities/initiative in which case you got outplayed

Please stop responding to everyone the game has been live for almost THREE years now – No one thinks “Kill Shot” is overpowered we have learned to play eventually you will too – just let it go

(edited by Narkodx.1472)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

One more time…

You will not see anyone else while dueling with a person. Or rather, you won’t see them clearly. You will be focused on the enemy in front of you. And a warrior can easily one shot you from 1500 range. A range you won’t be able to see what is he doing. A range where he can literally sit on a wall or a hill which you will not be able to see because you don’t fight while looking at the sky.

Can a ranger one-shot you from 1500 range? NO. (Rapid Fire is not one-shot and gives you enough time to dodge,shadowstep, teleport, pop up invulnerability etc.)
Can a mesmer one-shot you from 1500 range? NO. (He needs to build up his burst through clones first. You still have time to disengage)
Can a thief one-shot you from 1500 range? Well guess what? NO. Why? Because it is still not one-shot and you still have time to pop-out your utility or whatever you have.)

All in all, it is widely known that warrior is the easiest class to play thus also known that it is the most played class. And if you are telling me that these 2 classes (warrior and thief) are perfectly balanced againts each other while playing a warrior is easier than playing a thief, then it is not really balanced at all.

I can’t agree with the statement about warriors being in a good spot currently. Yes all classes and OP in the hands of a truly experienced player obviously but right now the meta is not only beating the thief because the warriors are suffering similar faith as well if you take a closer look. In the opinion the easiest class to play right now would either be a power ranger or a cele engi. If you don’t believe me try rolling a warrior in ranked or unranked then you’ll know what I’m trying to inform you. I’ve tried this killshot warrior before and it’s really just a troll build. You can’t really blame him for taking you out with one shot when you’re running such a squishy build.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest Darqmane.4862

Tempest Darqmane.4862

For the love of larceny, please don’t mistake me for the OP. That is all.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I honestly don’t know what to say now. If you introduce someone in a situation where “You’re focused on fighting your enemy” and therefore “you don’t look around”, it just feels plain wrong to anyone who roams for an extended period of time. Looking around is a necessity, and the roamers lacking the mobility to escape most of situations even grow paranoid about it, constantly using the Left Ctrl button to react accordingly if they see something red at a distance while fighting and sometimes using the moves they make to avoid some attacks to circle around the opponent and check.

For the Warrior itself, if you didn’t see him getting in combat, you’re already in major trouble, and all you need in order to handle his “Overpowered one shot skill” is to know the channeling time of Kill Shot. I’d be in more trouble if the enemy Warrior instead went berserk with melee weapons in the middle of my current fight.

At that point I’d tend to think the Kill Shot Warrior is just there to conceal the frustration you’ve had for having been stopped that brutally during your duel, something you couldn’t remedy with the “blink+stealth when losing the fight” tactic because you died before even thinking about it.

On top of it, for all you could apparently know due to being ‘so focused on your target’, a zerg train led by a Commander could have run through you as well. Right?

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

1. If rifle/warrior were truly OP and needed balancing you should post in the Warrior forums not the thief forums
2. Clearly rifle is not OP in fact.. it was just buffed and STILL a rifle warrior is not meta for anything in this game except killing noob thieves who aren’t paying attention
3. L2P you have 3 utilities 2 dodges and stealth/evade on every weapon set you can mitigate a kill shot at ANY time unless you have no endurance/utilities/initiative in which case you got outplayed

Please stop responding to everyone the game has been live for almost THREE years now – No one thinks “Kill Shot” is overpowered we have learned to play eventually you will too – just let it go

1- And that automaticly makes me wrong? I am not surprised.

3- According to your statement, If kill-shot is only able to one-shot thieves, it is a balancing issue.

3-Every class has 3 utilities and 2 dodges. Stealth doesn’t help againts Channel skills.

None of these matter when the warrior one-shots you at 1500 range when you cannot see him clearly. And no, seeing only his name tag is not enough.

(edited by Tempest.4507)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

I honestly don’t know what to say now. If you introduce someone in a situation where “You’re focused on fighting your enemy” and therefore “you don’t look around”, it just feels plain wrong to anyone who roams for an extended period of time. Looking around is a necessity, and the roamers lacking the mobility to escape most of situations even grow paranoid about it, constantly using the Left Ctrl button to react accordingly if they see something red at a distance while fighting and sometimes using the moves they make to avoid some attacks to circle around the opponent and check.

For the Warrior itself, if you didn’t see him getting in combat, you’re already in major trouble, and all you need in order to handle his “Overpowered one shot skill” is to know the channeling time of Kill Shot. I’d be in more trouble if the enemy Warrior instead went berserk with melee weapons in the middle of my current fight.

At that point I’d tend to think the Kill Shot Warrior is just there to conceal the frustration you’ve had for having been stopped that brutally during your duel, something you couldn’t remedy with the “blink+stealth when losing the fight” tactic because you died before even thinking about it.

On top of it, for all you could apparently know due to being ‘so focused on your target’, a zerg train led by a Commander could have run through you as well. Right?

Warrior technicly doesn’t even need to enter the combat.

Chanelling time of Kill-shot is much lower than a warrior going melee and using his other skills. Which on top of that, much easier to see.

Of course a 50 man group should be able to kill me without me having a chance to escape if I did not see them coming. It is 1v50. A single warrior should not be able to do the same thing of a zerg do.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Actually if you are at 1500 range away, if you move a tiny bit and the killshot will be out of range. unless you just stand there and not move at all.

he must be like around 1000 range to you and you completely missed a dude that is kneeling for 1 second +.

while a thief can one shot mesmer and elementalist 2000 range away with no proper tell within less then one second is completely fine.

yes. better nerf thief hard according to your one shot argument.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

3- According to your statement, If kill-shot is only able to one-shot thieves, it is a balancing issue.

3-Every class has 3 dodges and 2 evades. Stealth doesn’t help againts Channel skills.

None of these matter when the warrior one-shots you at 1500 range when you clearly cannot see him. And no, seeing only his name tag is not enough.

Every class has 3 dodges and 2 evades? They do not work against channeled skills?

DO YOU NOT SEE WHY EVERYONE SAYS L2P?!

The necromancer for example wishes he had ANY evades

Please get off the forums and go in-game you aren’t going to get any better unless you actually PvP in-game and not in forums

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

nerf thief super hard please, they one shot my mesmer and elementalist 2000 range away within 1 second with no proper tell….that’s way too OP in a broken game mode like WvW.

i can dodge killshot so easy, but i can’t dodge a thief 2400 away instantly comes to me and do CnD and then do backstab doing 17k damage all together and one shot me please.

pleas eplease nerf thief, they noob one shot my sexy mesmer and my cute asura elementalist

(edited by Simon.3794)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

One more time…

I can’t agree with the statement about warriors being in a good spot currently. Yes all classes and OP in the hands of a truly experienced player obviously but right now the meta is not only beating the thief because the warriors are suffering similar faith as well if you take a closer look. In the opinion the easiest class to play right now would either be a power ranger or a cele engi. If you don’t believe me try rolling a warrior in ranked or unranked then you’ll know what I’m trying to inform you. I’ve tried this killshot warrior before and it’s really just a troll build. You can’t really blame him for taking you out with one shot when you’re running such a squishy build.

Try to one-shot the squishiest warrior you can have. Make him stand still and not use any skill. Fire a kill-shot that damages him for 14k (keep in mind warr wears heavy armor thus you need to have even higher power to do the same amount of damage).

It won’t happen.

Oh..I forgot the last step. Congragulate the warrior because he clearly survived the shot and it was because he was good.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

Actually if you are at 1500 range away, if you move a tiny bit and the killshot will be out of range. unless you just stand there and not move at all.

he must be like around 1000 range to you and you completely missed a dude that is kneeling for 1 second +.

while a thief can one shot mesmer and elementalist 2000 range away with no proper tell within less then one second is completely fine.

yes. better nerf thief hard according to your one shot argument.

If it was 50k range and you took a step away it would still be out of range. Therefor it is balanced. LOL

You really manage to sound it like 1 second is actually 1 min.

I said it before, you might wanna check the whole thing again. “No class should be able to one-shot any other class”. So, yes, if we are able to one-shot eles and mesmer then we also need a nerf on that. But you clearly didnt read that.

(edited by Tempest.4507)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

3-Every class has 3 dodges and 2 evades. Stealth doesn’t help againts Channel skills.

None of these matter when the warrior one-shots you at 1500 range when you clearly cannot see him. And no, seeing only his name tag is not enough.

Every class has 3 dodges and 2 evades? They do not work against channeled skills?

Please get off the forums and go in-game you aren’t going to get any better unless you actually PvP in-game and not in forums

That was a typo, fixed now.

Necromancer doesn’t even need any evades, he can just stay in one place and faceroll you.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

One more time…

Try to one-shot the squishiest warrior you can have. Make him stand still and not use any skill. Fire a kill-shot that damages him for 14k (keep in mind warr wears heavy armor thus you need to have even higher power to do the same amount of damage).

It won’t happen.

Oh..I forgot the last step. Congragulate the warrior because he clearly survived the shot and it was because he was good.

This is nonsense.

In a WvW combat everyone receives buff and debuff; and for a Thief to take 14k damage it means that the Warrior have stacks of Might, food buff, and his team have bloodlust; and the Thief have stacks of vulnerability and has no Toughness.

For someone who claims to use Math can’t even figure out how a Warrior with a base 2k damage Kill Shot can deal 14k.

Major L2P issue.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

nacario.9417

Necromancer doesn’t even need any evades, he can just stay in one place and faceroll you.

So it isnt just warrior that is OP, also necro? Ive never seen one being able to facetank ppl and faceroll. In every reply ive been fair and patient but this is now getting to troll level. Either way i feel sorry for you, and wish u best of luck

Power Ranger PvP

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

So it isnt just warrior that is OP, also necro? Ive never seen one being able to facetank ppl and faceroll. In every reply ive been fair and patient but this is now getting to troll level. Either way i feel sorry for you, and wish u best of luck

Never said OP. A necromancer has fair amount of base HP, Death Shroud, Life Steal and Plague Form. They can tank pretty good. Thus they dont rely that much on evades.

This has been turning into a cave of trolls for a long time now. It is good that at least 1 of them is leaving.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Reavan.8753

‘You do not agree with my ignorant views so thou be a troll.’

Lmao.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Lmao.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

lets list the number of options you had:
shadowstep and blind
stealth and blind
shadowstep out of range
evade
drop range attack blocking smoke field
daze
stun
reflect if you had the elite
blind

you simply got careless, why are you trying to convince us you’re the world’s best perfect player that does nothing wrong?

looking at your log:
you spammed heartseeker expecting a free win
you forgot your shortbow wich i do see on your back has infiltrator arrow wich shadowsteps and aoe blinds

and disabling shot wich is an evade that criples

wich means if you hadnt spammed heartseeker blindly you wouldnt had died

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

lets list the number of options you had:
shadowstep and blind
stealth and blind
shadowstep out of range
evade
drop range attack blocking smoke field
daze
stun
reflect if you had the elite
blind

you simply got careless, why are you trying to convince us you’re the world’s best perfect player that does nothing wrong?

looking at your log:
you spammed heartseeker expecting a free win
you forgot your shortbow wich i do see on your back has infiltrator arrow wich shadowsteps and aoe blinds

and disabling shot wich is an evade that criples

wich means if you hadnt spammed heartseeker blindly you wouldnt had died

I think you missed a very important point in your story. Warrior was never in the fight to begin with. His only attack was Kill-shot. Those all other logs are for the ranger I was fighting with. This whole post isn’t about dueling with the said warrior either. Door is that way. Thank you.

Edit: Props to you for calling it “Heartseeker spam” even though there is only 1 heartseeker on combat log. There is also no bow on my back either.

(edited by Tempest.4507)

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Tempest.4507

Lmao.

Can also be said for you and many other people in here.

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Oh gosh, no need to use [Blinding Powder] on you, Tempest. It must be hard – playing this game using only braille.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Oh gosh, no need to use [Blinding Powder] on you, Tempest. It must be hard – playing this game using only braille.

It really is… my screen is flat most of the time. :/

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

So...this just happened.

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

One more time…

It won’t happen.

Thieves can deal way more damage than 14k if you take the whole combo + sigils in consideration. Plus in the 1,25 Seconds of a Sniper Shoot you can still connect a HS to end it.
Oh, And you can trait stealth to Teleport 1500m as well. So yes, “Bursting” someone in 1500m as a thief it’s possible.

Oh yes, you mentioned in some posts that Mesmers can’t one shoot a player because they need to set up clones first.
It’s worthy mentioning that the Sniper Warrior Build in question also has some preparation besides the 1,25 seconds of the skill.

You can read it more here. http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Killshot_Warrior
For the sake of irony, the community has already trashed this build.