Condi warrior, this a thing?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tiggers.3890

Tiggers.3890

I used to main warrior back in the day, quit playing about a year ago and picked up again after HoT. So far have a lvl 80 Ele, Necro, Mesmer, Revanent, now to work on warrior!

When I used to play it was all zerk all the time and the playstyle was… ehh. Condi warrior looked pretty interesting with swords doing lots of bleeds and longbow with burns but back then condi was “inferior.” Things changed lately.

So… most condi classes I see are engi and necro, is condi warrior a thing (I’m talking PvE, dungeons and fractals and maybe even raids one day)? If so, what do they run usually, longbow and sword sword? Any builds people have in mind that’s kicking tail? (My warrior only lvl 14 at the moment but will probably be 80 in another 3-4 days I have some tomes saved up =D)

in Warrior

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Longbow+ sword/torch. Condi Warrior is the top dps in game, and it also brings banners, making it very popular in all sorts of PvE. There’s 2 ways of playing it:
a) Arms/Zerk/Tactics and camp longbow(2 burn stacks on lb autos)
b)Arms/Zerk/Discipline and swap to sword/torch when berserk is on cooldown. This build has around 1k more dps in a raid setup, so that’s around 300-500 dps in a regular PvE setupd- negligible. So play whatever you enjoy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Longbow+ sword/torch. Condi Warrior is the top dps in game, and it also brings banners, making it very popular in all sorts of PvE. There’s 2 ways of playing it:
b)Arms/Zerk/Discipline and swap to sword/torch when berserk is on cooldown. This build has around 1k more dps in a raid setup, so that’s around 300-500 dps in a regular PvE setupd- negligible. So play whatever you enjoy.

This isn’t exactly true. Its top DPS in game vs a non-moving target that you can effectively land more than 1 square on, such as sabetha (requires skill in placement) and gorseval. However, I tihnk the highest average DPS vs most things is condi engi, if well played.

That being said, the ease of use of warrior is what really makes that dps shine.

in Warrior

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

i dont know it strange but it was ting ad sec i feal like it was nerf becous i was geting 12-16k and test tummy in pvp and now for unknow reason the dps has cone it happend soon as patch game up but there noting in patch notes what strange ting

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Condi war CAN be top dps, takes great placement, and on larger enemies, decimates.

Engi is still overall more powerful against targets that dont move/small targets

Viper necro is weaker than both but can maintain its full dps far easier and reliably

in Warrior

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

Revenant condi is way better ! Pain absorption + resistances you get from other mallyx skills make really the difference, imo.

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Revenant condi is way better ! Pain absorption + resistances you get from other mallyx skills make really the difference, imo.

condi rev is trash for pve, pvp whole diff story

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

You guys seen condi reaper? lmao so good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODtnV2KI7gA

Warrior

in Warrior

Azure.8670

You guys seen condi reaper? lmao so good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODtnV2KI7gA

yep I looove it

in Warrior

Raizen.7981

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaaaaahahahahahaha no.

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Unfortunately, there are basically 0 encounters in the game where condi engie is better dps in practice than condi warrior. A supremely skilled condi engie is at best equal to an average condi warrior who understands the build. I say this as a main warrior, but its sad that the balance is so off that one of the hardest builds to play well in the game has a lower dps ceiling than one of the easiest, but thats been a GW2 issue since the start really.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Unfortunately, there are basically 0 encounters in the game where condi engie is better dps in practice than condi warrior. A supremely skilled condi engie is at best equal to an average condi warrior who understands the build. I say this as a main warrior, but its sad that the balance is so off that one of the hardest builds to play well in the game has a lower dps ceiling than one of the easiest, but thats been a GW2 issue since the start really.

I dont fancy myself a master of math, but are you SURE (like 100%) that condi engi isnt stronger?

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

I dont fancy myself a master of math, but are you SURE (like 100%) that condi engi isnt stronger?

I can’t account for every possible encounter, but in real world game play condi warrior is stronger for all three raid bosses at least by a big margin.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Raizen.7981

This isn’t exactly true. Its top DPS in game vs a non-moving target that you can effectively land more than 1 square on, such as sabetha (requires skill in placement) and gorseval. However, I tihnk the highest average DPS vs most things is condi engi, if well played.

That being said, the ease of use of warrior is what really makes that dps shine.

The amount of targets that don’t move is <1%. Also, any warrior that hasn’t started yesterday can EASILY hit a small target with 2 squares. What if it moves? If the tank is going to pull X forward, just see where X will move, and aim horizontally, so X walks on the line between 2 squares. It is extremely hard not to hit 2 squares, given you had practice. Targets you talk about (Gorseval- lol) are 2 guaranteed squares, with 3 depending on your position.
Oh, did I mention we bring banners?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tiggers.3890

Tiggers.3890

That answers my question then, I shall roll Condi warrior! (And probably have a berserker gear load out just in case Anet nerfs burns lol)

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated!

in Warrior

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

That’s so far off your initial assessment of the condi warrior. I wonder what happened.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

That’s so far off your initial assessment of the condi warrior. I wonder what happened.

What? NIKE always said condi warrior was at least equal and stronger on gorse. His calculations were based on engi doing perfect rotations. Perfect rotations on engi ia hard. Good rotations on warrior is easy.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Azure.8670

What? NIKE always said condi warrior was at least equal and stronger on gorse. His calculations were based on engi doing perfect rotations. Perfect rotations on engi ia hard. Good rotations on warrior is easy.

Oxygen had a post over a month ago about how powerful condi warrior is and he was laughed out of the building. Not sure if NIKE or not posted in it as I havent followed the thread recently, but I believe this is what hes referring too

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

Oxygen had a post over a month ago about how powerful condi warrior is and he was laughed out of the building. Not sure if NIKE or not posted in it as I havent followed the thread recently, but I believe this is what hes referring too

No one laughed him out of the building, at least I didn’t. Basically, he posted an unoptimized build and said “this is good.” People said, “is it?” And he didn’t provide any proof of the build working in practice. That’s basically it: people asked for proof and he gave his usual lazy egotistical response saying no, do it yourself. if you want people to take your theorycraft seriously you have to do something with it.

Luckily for Oxy, I test things and I tested tested condi warrior at Gorseval and it worked really well, above expectations. So I optimized the build more and made a guide and taught the community about it by demonstrating it working insanely well in an organized raid team. Should Oxy have done these things? Probably. especially so if he wants a pat on the back and e-credit for the idea.

As far as me changing my opinion, my opinion originally was: this build is capable of decent damage but its a fairly niche build. against a moving boss with a small hit box its less DPS than a berserker selfish DPS power build. against big hit boxes or stationary bosses, it’s pretty amazing. Also, it only works in team comps where you can afford to bring selfish DPS. Someone else has to contribute might fury etc. So again, very niche. When Oxy originally posted the thread raids weren’t even out and the big niche (gorseval) didn’t exist so my position was that the build has potential but is too niche for most content we had at the time like dungeons or fractals.

When content was created that made the condi-berserker’s niche more mainstream, ofcourse you re-evaluate these things and update your position. As far as some sort of moronic accusation that I “changed my position, what gives?” I hope I adequately explained that. also, when rational people are given new information they change their conclusions. Only an idiot would ignore new data and defend old positions that fly in the face of facts.

tl;dr: as Keynes said, “When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?”

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

sinister warrior was already a thing. There was already a sinister meta condi build that use longbow and sword torch, since sinister came out. It was already tested agisnt bosses like LUPI in solo runs etc. The facts were already know the DPS was better than zerk warrior due to nerds atleast solo.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

No one laughed him out of the building, at least I didn’t. Basically, he posted an unoptimized build and said “this is good.” People said, “is it?” And he didn’t provide any proof of the build working in practice. That’s basically it: people asked for proof and he gave his usual lazy egotistical response saying no, do it yourself. if you want people to take your theorycraft seriously you have to do something with it.

Luckily for Oxy, I test things and I tested tested condi warrior at Gorseval and it worked really well, above expectations. So I optimized the build more and made a guide and taught the community about it by demonstrating it working insanely well in an organized raid team. Should Oxy have done these things? Probably. especially so if he wants a pat on the back and e-credit for the idea.

As far as me changing my opinion, my opinion originally was: this build is capable of decent damage but its a fairly niche build. against a moving boss with a small hit box its less DPS than a berserker selfish DPS power build. against big hit boxes or stationary bosses, it’s pretty amazing. Also, it only works in team comps where you can afford to bring selfish DPS. Someone else has to contribute might fury etc. So again, very niche. When Oxy originally posted the thread raids weren’t even out and the big niche (gorseval) didn’t exist so my position was that the build has potential but is too niche for most content we had at the time like dungeons or fractals.

When content was created that made the condi-berserker’s niche more mainstream, ofcourse you re-evaluate these things and update your position. As far as some sort of moronic accusation that I “changed my position, what gives?” I hope I adequately explained that. also, when rational people are given new information they change their conclusions. Only an idiot would ignore new data and defend old positions that fly in the face of facts.

tl;dr: as Keynes said, “When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?”

So, would you say then that Oxy played a role in inspiring you to explore the full potential of condi war?

That’s kinda what it sounds like.

And don’t get me wrong…this doesn’t mean that he’s suddenly some meta-making hero that should be applauded. I mean, the discussion from his post, as you mentioned, was often handled in a less-than-productive manner. However, most great things have messy starts and if he played a role in getting the ball rolling towards this new meta build, then I’d say some credit is due.

And it’s not like humility is really a common trait with anyone on these forums anyways, lol.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Are you guys new? Nike already had a video and build guide for condi war and said it was more DPS than melee on Lupi. Way before OXY even knew what a warrior was. If anything Oxy copied Nikes build that was already out.

in Warrior

Dahkeus.8243

Are you guys new? Nike already had a video and build guide for condi war and said it was more DPS than melee on Lupi. Way before OXY even knew what a warrior was. If anything Oxy copied Nikes build that was already out.

Take a breath buddy. There’s enough people all hyped up around here.

Yea, Nike’s had condi builds for a long time and if you’re responding to my post, then I’m not insinuating that Oxy somehow opened his eyes to condi builds. However, I never saw Nike considering condi as a group spec.

Was he already considering this on his own? Would he have thought of this by himself? I have no idea, but up until after Oxy’s post, there didn’t seem to be any talk about using condi for things like raids or as a secondary warrior when PS was already present (Nike previously recommended a zerk build alternative for dungeons/fractals when a PS war was already in the group).

Also, if I’m understanding right, it seemed like Nike was insinuating that Oxy’s post played a role in why he started looking to optimize a berserker longbow build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Niekas.3854

Niekas.3854

the key is to spam berserk when able in a/s, right? I want to 2ndary main a warrior and im lost in all kinds of builds it can have.

in Warrior

Oxygen.5918

Mmmhm. I did have to deal with posts such as:

Berserker is far from being the new top damage dealer.. it doesn’t even kill faster than old power build Warriors sad to say the difference is evident as night and day. Anything you can kill with a power Warrior inn 3-4 hits will take a while for a condition Warrior to bleed out or burn down. Condition is fairly feasible on huge HP bosses.. where you stack bleed and burning up to 5k a tick assuming you keep your ticks on a high enough uptime.

or…

Condi does good damage.
Power does more

There is the issue.

or…

Flaws in your process….

1. Scorched earth is only an improvement over COmbustive shot for large hit box bosses.

2. You haven’t recorded a video of a stable DPS rotation of your build in action for evaluation. If you posted a stable 1 minute dps rotation video I would be more than happy to tell you the exact DPS of your build with typical PvE buffs and optimal gearing.

3. I’m not closed minded about condi warrior. I’ve been playing condi warrior for months or years. Also, when better practices prove themselves to be better practices, I ofcourse incorporate them. changing one’s mind when they get new data is what you should always do. The problem is you haven’t taken a single step towards validating your ideas besides posting a combat log screen shot and a suboptimal build calc from gw2skills.

or…

Thief bashing us about complaining about berserker while displaying some cherry picked data here. Am i the only one that sees the problem?

…and so on. So yeah, a bit.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Raids-Will-anyone-take-thief/page/2#post5755299

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Condi-zerker-new-top-damage-dealer/first#post5683753

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/PvE-What-profession-can-spec-Condi-for-PvE/first#post5670951

Point being: before I figured SE double dipping out, he didn’t think condi would cut it. But that is pretty much irrelevant. If it hadn’t been me, some other guy would have figured it out sooner or later.

Basically, he posted an unoptimized build and said “this is good.” People said, “is it?” And he didn’t provide any proof of the build working in practice. […] if you want people to take your theorycraft seriously you have to do something with it.

I laid down the basics of the build and put out a decent written guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/13G_nyKtoh7xnsO2cl5HPghakMw4oaE9va0Ci96y96rk/edit) where I suggested a couple of gear sets to try and maximise damage/condition duration. As it turns out, that’s the right answer (as with all condi builds) but more pieces were required to run Earth. I wouldn’t call my work lazy or whatever; I just lack time. The discovery in itself is pretty important; beforehand, no one had figured out that Scorched Earth could double/triple dip, and included a very clear video despite limited means and resources to build the gear in PvE. That was the real issue for me; I mostly PvP/WvW, I simply can’t craft valuable gear & runes on-demand.

Your optimisation essentially involved the mighty process of swapping out 3 pieces of armor and a sigil. Ayy.

So I optimized the build more

By swapping out 4 pieces of armor and a sigil. Very good catch on Earth; that’s a nice 4 extra stacks of bleed.

Should Oxy have done these things? Probably. especially so if he wants a pat on the back and e-credit for the idea.

I’m very busy with university work, icy-veins writing, & HotS tournaments. I did put out an open invitation to work on the build which, obviously, ended up paying off because it proves to be really doing well. The quote below:

I have no clue what to do for runes and sigils because mathcrafting puts me to sleep, so let’s have someone smarterer than me do it or something.

when rational people are given new information they change their conclusions

Glad to see we agree. Case settled.

sinister warrior was already a thing. There was already a sinister meta condi build that use longbow and sword torch, since sinister came out. It was already tested agisnt bosses like LUPI in solo runs etc. The facts were already know the DPS was better than zerk warrior due to nerds atleast solo.

Scorched Earth didn’t exist to anyone not in the beta just about 30 minutes before I posted the build video. So I don’t think so here.

Are you guys new? Nike already had a video and build guide for condi war and said it was more DPS than melee on Lupi.

That’s funny, he doesn’t seem too impressed with the berserker in his hands-on video found here; https://youtu.be/7BXULiE_-Tc?t=591

That is in fact the video that made me want to look into the condi warrior’s newfound viability because the class and playstyle was my PvP love and how I ended up topping the PvP leaderboards pre-hot.

Way before OXY even knew what a warrior was. If anything Oxy copied Nikes build that was already out.

lolz

didn’t move.

(edited by Oxygen.5918)

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Mmmhm. I did have to deal with posts such as:

Berserker is far from being the new top damage dealer.. it doesn’t even kill faster than old power build Warriors sad to say the difference is evident as night and day. Anything you can kill with a power Warrior inn 3-4 hits will take a while for a condition Warrior to bleed out or burn down. Condition is fairly feasible on huge HP bosses.. where you stack bleed and burning up to 5k a tick assuming you keep your ticks on a high enough uptime.

or…

Condi does good damage.
Power does more

There is the issue.

or…

Flaws in your process….

1. Scorched earth is only an improvement over COmbustive shot for large hit box bosses.

2. You haven’t recorded a video of a stable DPS rotation of your build in action for evaluation. If you posted a stable 1 minute dps rotation video I would be more than happy to tell you the exact DPS of your build with typical PvE buffs and optimal gearing.

3. I’m not closed minded about condi warrior. I’ve been playing condi warrior for months or years. Also, when better practices prove themselves to be better practices, I ofcourse incorporate them. changing one’s mind when they get new data is what you should always do. The problem is you haven’t taken a single step towards validating your ideas besides posting a combat log screen shot and a suboptimal build calc from gw2skills.

or…

Thief bashing us about complaining about berserker while displaying some cherry picked data here. Am i the only one that sees the problem?

…and so on. So yeah, a bit.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Raids-Will-anyone-take-thief/page/2#post5755299

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Condi-zerker-new-top-damage-dealer/first#post5683753

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/PvE-What-profession-can-spec-Condi-for-PvE/first#post5670951

Point being: before I figured SE double dipping out, he didn’t think condi would cut it. But that is pretty much irrelevant. If it hadn’t been me, some other guy would have figured it out sooner or later.

Basically, he posted an unoptimized build and said “this is good.” People said, “is it?” And he didn’t provide any proof of the build working in practice. […] if you want people to take your theorycraft seriously you have to do something with it.

I laid down the basics of the build and put out a decent written guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/13G_nyKtoh7xnsO2cl5HPghakMw4oaE9va0Ci96y96rk/edit) where I suggested a couple of gear sets to try and maximise damage/condition duration. As it turns out, that’s the right answer (as with all condi builds) but more pieces were required to run Earth. I wouldn’t call my work lazy or whatever; I just lack time. The discovery in itself is pretty important; beforehand, no one had figured out that Scorched Earth could double/triple dip, and included a very clear video despite limited means and resources to build the gear in PvE. That was the real issue for me; I mostly PvP/WvW, I simply can’t craft valuable gear & runes on-demand.

Your optimisation essentially involved the mighty process of swapping out 3 pieces of armor and a sigil. Ayy.

So I optimized the build more

By swapping out 4 pieces of armor and a sigil. Very good catch on Earth; that’s a nice 4 extra stacks of bleed.

Should Oxy have done these things? Probably. especially so if he wants a pat on the back and e-credit for the idea.

I’m very busy with university work, icy-veins writing, & HotS tournaments. I did put out an open invitation to work on the build which, obviously, ended up paying off because it proves to be really doing well. The quote below:

I have no clue what to do for runes and sigils because mathcrafting puts me to sleep, so let’s have someone smarterer than me do it or something.

when rational people are given new information they change their conclusions

Glad to see we agree. Case settled.

Scorched Earth didn’t exist to anyone not in the beta just about 30 minutes before I posted the build video. So I don’t think so here.

Are you guys new? Nike already had a video and build guide for condi war and said it was more DPS than melee on Lupi.

That’s funny, he doesn’t seem too impressed with the berserker in his hands-on video found here; https://youtu.be/7BXULiE_-Tc?t=591

That is in fact the video that made me want to look into the condi warrior’s newfound viability because the class and playstyle was my PvP love and how I ended up topping the PvP leaderboards pre-hot.

Way before OXY even knew what a warrior was. If anything Oxy copied Nikes build that was already out.

lolz

this is like… 22k stacks of burning

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Thats not at all accurate we all knew it could double triple dip because we all tried it on the indestructible golem. We said that on a moving target or a target with a small hit box it wouldn’t which is true and it still doesn’t. Don’t be a fool This thread has turned into a beat up on NIKE montage. I think you guys don’t have a clue what other people knew and what they didn’t know. I certainly knew way before oxygen but I didn’t care because it doesn’t work in PVP and I still don’t really care because it doesn’t work in PVP.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Condi-Berserker-crazy-high-DPS/5731383

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Dahkeus.8243

Ok…people here need to step away from the keyboard for a minute.

This thread is really pretty sad with so many people fighting over credit.

Oxy: You likely influenced the meta build and were on the right track with condi builds early on. If you really need to pat yourself on the back for this so much, please, do so somewhere other than these forums. Recognizing the potential of condi builds on warrior early on doesn’t make you a hero and there’s no trophy to win, so you really don’t need to make a big deal out of all of this.

Warlord: Yes, Nike new that condi was good a long time ago, but he clearly saw it as a niche for soloing (since it wasn’t good for anything beyond soloing back then) and when HoT came out, he was still looking to power for the non-PS meta build (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60QYi93PfJQ). It’s certainly possible and even likely that Oxy influenced Nike’s decision making on the condi build judging by the timeline and similarities of the builds.

Now, can we move on?

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

My biggest influence was Gorseval. <3

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

NO oxy you are wrong. Every single warrior in the game that had a condi build has a Long Bow. Every single warrior in the game knew what longbow did. Berserker is the natral progression for condi warrior. You are like assuming that you are the only person who got a new burst skill. Oxy your beef can be with NIKE on weather or not he agrees with you. But you don’t get credit for inventing condi warrior sorry.

If you see by this thread I made it 1 day before your thread and I advised that longbow should not be changed. You know why because I tested it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Proposed-Changes-to-Berserker-Elite-Spec/5679836

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Oxygen.5918

What build do you run on other bosses?

NO oxy you are wrong. Every single warrior in the game that had a condi build has a Long Bow. Every single warrior in the game knew what longbow did. Berserker is the natral progression for condi warrior. You are like assuming that you are the only person who got a new burst skill. Oxy your beef can be with NIKE on weather or not he agrees with you. But you don’t get credit for inventing condi warrior sorry.

Never claimed to have invented condi warrior as a whole, or the use of LB; if you think I did, please quote me.

All I did was publicise an otherwise unknown aspect of Scorched Earth (double-dipping), and theorised the practical application of Burst Mastery, Smash Brawler, and Furious to maximise the ability’s uptime. Which did eventually lead to the build’s current apogee, even if it took a few weeks for people to accept the idea (just read the majority of my threads’ responses and you’ll see for yourself how negative it generally was).

didn’t move.

(edited by Oxygen.5918)

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Dude 99% of the threads that were basing warriors had to do with PVP. To this day people are still making them. No one thought warriors were weak in PVE, and no one thought that warriors didn’t have high condi DPS since that was already a thing.

My number 1 reply to you was basically negative because I didn’t care because after testing it I knew that the practice application of it wouldn’t help you in PVP. It worked great on golems though. I thested it with a viper amulet and Balth runes. I thought it was cool then I went into a PVP match and got wrecked. Then I made a thread that berserker spec was trash in PVP.

in Warrior

Oxygen.5918

Dude 99% of the threads that were basing warriors had to do with PVP. To this day people are still making them. No one thought warriors were weak in PVE, and no one thought that warriors didn’t have high condi DPS since that was already a thing.

My number 1 reply to you was basically negative because I didn’t care because after testing it I knew that the practice application of it wouldn’t help you in PVP. It worked great on golems though. I thested it with a viper amulet and Balth runes. I thought it was cool then I went into a PVP match and got wrecked. Then I made a thread that berserker spec was trash in PVP.

You’re avoiding the question.

didn’t move.

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

What build do you run on other bosses?

We use condi warrior on Vale Guard as well. Sabetha there are better options in our opinion.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

All I got really left to say is I made it to sapphire in PVP solo q with gs axe/shield no condis.