Rampage

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Seriously. The increase of Rampages CD from 150s to 180s is just terrible. And then 25% less duration of the skill? They made up a nice and new build with recent changes and now destroy it again. CD or duration nerf, ok. But both. Thanks for ruining another build.

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Pedrobz.2908

Pedrobz.2908

So, a 15 sec every 180 secs GOD MOD e now unfair to you?

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Tiasguitas.4163

Tiasguitas.4163

Seriously. The increase of Rampages CD from 150s to 180s is just terrible. And then 25% less duration of the skill? They made up a nice and new build with recent changes and now destroy it again. CD or duration nerf, ok. But both. Thanks for ruining another build.

that wont change nothing man. as long u think before u use it. thats how it should be

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Any Warrior who pops Rampager and needs more than 15 seconds has bigger problems than this particular skill.

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

l2p
Seriously – if 5 seconds less on 1 ability “destroys” your build you have larger issues.
There will be more balance passes coming – bank on it.
All classes are still undergoing tuning.

Try different things, quit looking for an “I WIN” button.

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

LOL..this thread making me laugh. …. now we can do the safety danse…. ;P

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Okamikazi.8652

Okamikazi.8652

WHY ANET WHY!?!!?? I was just starting to have fun again WvW. I could go into the enemy zergs again like in year 1, heck I was the only one using it in WvW. YOU HAD TO NERF IT BEFORE IT CAUGHT ON FOR WVW.

IS HOTS THE ERA WHERE MELEE IS TRASH FOR WVW? Well probably not for Revanant, BUT STILL I dont want many of my hours into my main warrior profession to be invalidated and have to wait until the next expansion just to have fun with it again.

Warrior Elite spec hasnt been revealed yet and if thats a disappointment, Im NOT BUYING the expansion.

Now I see that this nerf was influenced by spvp.

THIS IS WHY YOU NEED BALANCING FOR EACH GAME MODE RATHER THAN ALL!!!

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I don’t use Rampage all the time, but it can be useful and fun…its not a L2P thing. This Elite has gotten torked since release and it never seems to get better. Its never been balanced effectively…ever.

20 Sec Duration – 150 Cooldown = Better than Normal

15 Sec Duration – 150 Cooldown = Acceptable

15 Sec Duration – 180(3 Mins) Cooldown = Unbalanced(and not int he Warrior’s Favor)

15 Sec Duration – 180 Cooldown – Way to shorten cooldown on Elites (like we have for Signets affecting Sig of Rage) = Maybe

Just feels like we keep getting a wee bit of love and then get gut punched right after…kinda like offering a kid a lollipop and then slapping it out of their mouth into the dirt…that just ain’t right.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

heck I was the only one using it in WvW. YOU HAD TO NERF IT BEFORE IT CAUGHT ON FOR WVW.

Are you serious? LMAO…..sure you were the ONLY warrior in WvW to use rampage. LOL

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Rampage

in Warrior

Okamikazi.8652

@Spartacus: well ya because every time I popped it and went in I was the only red giant pushing away the enemy zerg. I saw no one else. Rampage is or was the best thing after the stability nerf and damage buff. Now I feel like warriors are meant to be trash in WvW for the entire era of HOTS because warriors were very good at launch, so now its the warriors turn to be trash. Im very sad.

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

@Okamikazi, well i dont know how many use in Zergs because its all BLOB WARS 2 there so hard for me to tell how many Rampage warriors are around. But pretty much every WvW roaming warrior is using Rampage. Its the best 1v1 heck even 1vX elite.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Hey, rampage is rampage, even if it looks like this.
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr144/kensprin/SPARTA-BABY.jpg

Rampage

in Warrior

Okamikazi.8652

Rampage gives 25% damage reduction and most warriors would rather use it for 1v1 or small engagements than zergs? what a waste and now I gotta wait an extra 30 seconds to use it again when theres no other viable defense option to go into zergs with.

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

If you are dependent on this one warrior skill, then… Im sorry to say… you are doing something seriously wrong with your warrior.

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted (i knew it would be short).
The issue isn’t so much that Rampage is a press2win button, but its really the only way to leave an impact in pvp. In a game where shatter mesmers and blind thiefs exists, we are simply ignored when not transformed.

Time to learn how to mes.

Rampage

in Warrior

Okamikazi.8652

If you are dependent on this one warrior skill, then… Im sorry to say… you are doing something seriously wrong with your warrior.

I would love to NOT be dependent on this skill. In zerg battles, stability is insignificant and even though damage got buffed across the board, how can I make use of that damage when most zergs have become afraid to even engage because we are constantly outnumbered and double teamed, every week.

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

It’s fine. Breathe people. It’s still a couple of godbombs a match. By the way, mes got a nerf too.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Rampage

in Warrior

Okamikazi.8652

How is this skill god mode? I dare anyone to yolo rampage into any zerg alone and tell me that they still feel like a god.

Rampage

in Warrior

DresdenAllblack.1249

Why are you jumping into a zerg alone?

Crystal Desert

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Why would anybody be even surprised about that. We have gotten these types of balance changes across all classes for a long time:

Hitting the strong parts in a few ways and then still not adressing any terrible weaknesses.

Rampage

in Warrior

Okamikazi.8652

Why are you jumping into a zerg alone?

Because they feel like god right? Because rampage is god mode RIGHT?

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Maiday.9028

Maiday.9028

A warrior that has to use rampage to make sure they win a fight is playing a warrior the wrong way. Personally i destory warriors who enter rampage while pvping. It might be best if you rethink how your build works.

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I think a nerf was going to happen – but both CD and duration seem overkill.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

At this moment in time, Rampage definitely needed the nerf.

…But we got issues, and it either can be fixed through helping us out (which I think isn’t the way to go) or bringing other power-house professions down another notch. Relative power is important.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Rampage

in Warrior

DresdenAllblack.1249

This will help weed out who wants to play the class and wanted to point and click.

Crystal Desert

Rampage

in Warrior

Okamikazi.8652

At this moment in time, Rampage definitely needed the nerf.

…But we got issues, and it either can be fixed through helping us out (which I think isn’t the way to go) or bringing other power-house professions down another notch. Relative power is important.

I agree that relative power is important but it can take years to get there. Ever since launch warriors have gone downhill and that is over the course of 3 years. Will I have to wait another 3 years or next expansion just to have fun with the profession I spent many hours on? unlocking skins for? unlocking inventory slots using gems?

If anet trying make us branch out in other professions, how can I do that when the profession I love the most is trash?

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

It’s perfect.

20s was way too long and unpunishing for Rampage. It allowed bad Warriors to miss with key Skills such as Seismic Stomp without suffering much punishment from it. Now they can’t.

The most similar skill, Lich Form, had 15s duration and 180s Cooldown from the June patch. So Rampage was simply brought in line with this, makes all the sense.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Rampage

in Warrior

Okamikazi.8652

It’s perfect.

20s was way too long and unpunishing for Rampage. It allowed bad Warriors to miss with key Skills such as Seismic Stomp without suffering much punishment from it. Now they can’t.

The most similar skill, Lich Form, had 15s duration and 180s Cooldown from the June patch. So Rampage was simply brought in line with this, makes all the sense.

Necromancers also get marks that can be deployed from range, a fear curtain that can fear multiple times, and a mark with an unblock-able fear.

What do warriors have besides Rampage? That can actually do something against a red sea of those marks and every other ranged CC in the game, deployed by 2 server sized zergs, from different servers, that outnumber and double team your server every week.

Anyone please tell me.

(edited by Okamikazi.8652)

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

4 stances – with possible access to double immunity in damage synergized well with Rampage.
Strange thing is, the problem i thought was the damage and not really all else. (I was expecting a nerf in peak performance)

I don’t mind a nerf in rampage, but could we at least have viable alternatives ? SoR is 25 sec on 1 min cooldown (unless you trait in arms which is condi) and the cooldown on standard just… no.

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Yeti.6320

Yeti.6320

A couple of post ago, I saw that warrior players were replying a post about how “OP” rampage was. And their defense was to stay relevant in game and current meta, Rampage needs to be this strong. And am I right that this “hotfix” update on 28july just nerfed (CD increase and Duration decrease) Rampage. So what now? I guess warriors are just lil ducklings that drops banners and blow horns? with occasional stuns etc to spice it up in the zerg thats all?

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

I probably forgot to mention that I’m barely using it in duells, only when I get annoyed. I’m using it for zerging and GvG, where 5 seconds do a huge difference. So keep the “L2P” in your pocket.

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

Rampage needs a damage reduction
it’s just silly

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Yeti.6320

Yeti.6320

To those people saying if you need rampage to win, yes, I strongly believe in this current meta, you need to. General damage are increased across all classes. And yes, 5 seconds less duration is ALOT. Its 1sec more than a thief stealth duration (4S with that trait that increase 1sec, aside from shadow refuge and stacking stealth). In the midst of battle, if you pop rampage, thieves could easily CnD or pistol5 into dagger2 to gain that 4secs of stealth and try to wait it out. Yes, although most damage during rampage are peaked at the first 6seconds, it also meant that about 90%(5sec) of this burst is taken away, yes, you still have 9seconds to work with. 15 seconds – 4secs(stealth) that gives you 11seconds. Using of skills takes about 6seconds which leaves you with 5seconds remaining. as compared to the 10seconds remaining pre nerf, thats ALOT of potential at least in my eyes. Also, if you manage to take down a warrior in pvp during ramage, that warrior is just straight up lousy. With perma stability and a ton of CC’s to work with, you really wont want to go up all in his face. Unless he got ganked by a group of 5 in rampage, that wouldnt really count as easily take a warrior down in rampage. Try a 5warrior on rampage with another party of 5whatever class. Nerf is a nerf, nerf a skill that the class generally depends on in the current meta to really be effective is just bullkitten. Rampage is only TOO GOOD because it has to be good in order for us warriors to have a fighting chance. Of course, player skill do matter, but if we were talking about same player skill across the board, then the warrior has just gotten alot weaker. Relying on hammer CC’s right now is way too predictable and easy to dodge.

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I didnt miss rampage mode before the patch and I wont miss it now.
Thank god that I never was attached to this skill. For me its either battle standard or signet of rage.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Rampage

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Rampage is fine. Maybe it’s actually balanced now. Honestly, they can butcher Rampage for all I care if they buff the rest of the Warrior’s kit which is kinda bad. E.g. axe sucks in PvP so godkitten much, since the damage just isn’t there and #2 and #3 barely do anything.

Rampage

in Warrior

DresdenAllblack.1249

Actually, I think I die more on Rampage than straight up. SoR works just fine for me.

Crystal Desert