Why the warrior has only one combo field?

in Warrior

Posted by: Galvornlach.7539

Galvornlach.7539

Hey fellow warriors. I want to put you attention on the fact that, in my opinion, the warrior’s combo files abilities are really poor.

Combo fields in my opinion are really important for activating particular combos with allies but also to do YOUR own combos when alone. I think that this ability lacks a lot in the warr.

Look at other professions. Everyone have multiples way to not only generate a lot of combo fields( guardian-fire light, necro-dark and light, ranger-fire water, thief-smoke dark, mesmer ethereal, eles-fire water lightning) but also to activate plenty of combos on your own.

Warriors if i don’t miss anything have only the F1 of longbow that in my opinion is quite poor.

Your toughts??

in Warrior

Posted by: Palinois.1064

Palinois.1064

We have more combo-finishers than anyone, makes up for lack of fields.

in Warrior

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

warr is a blunt simple upfront fighter in theme; i dont think superior combo abilities would make sense and also has crazy access to finishers
-all banners are basically 2 blast finishers each (though the second require them to be picked up again
-blast finishers on arcing arrow, call to arms and earthshaker, three different weapons
-leap finishers on savage leap, eviscerate and shield bash
-whirl finishers on GS and axe (whirling axe inside a field is absolutely crazy)
-physical utilities (blast and leap afaik; i dont use them though)

the easiest comparison is S/D ele which has 1 fire field (thats all) and…
dragon tooth
phoenix
earthquake
churning earth
evasive arcana dodge in earth (30pt trait)
arcane wave (utility)

when you switch to staff you gain four fields (2 water, an ice and a lihgtning), but go down to one finisher on weapon (which is a bit tricky to land) and one on utility

… and then look at ranger; healing spring, bonfire, fire trap and frost trap… but
2 leap finishers (monarchs leap being a bit more annoying to do if you havent already hornet… stung…. stinged… used hornets sting)
1 whirl finisher… which lasts for a long time; but OH axe is such a weak weapon on ranger, its only redeeming feature being the projectile defence; but the cost of that is total immobility

you could probably count the drake blast too; but pets dont always use their abilities as you want

edit
forgot to mention projectile finishers
traited longbow auto attack is a 2* 100% combo finisher
s/d gets 5 100% projectiles (that i can recall; havent used scepter in a while); the rock barrier; which means sacrificing defence

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Warrior

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

As stated in every other post, we have the finishers. Leaps and blasts of every flavor, it’s simply our job to learn how to recognize them and apply appropriately.

in Warrior

Posted by: NetBlaise.2710

NetBlaise.2710

Is ther any chance of us getting a Blast Field on Sword, Axe, Greatsword etc? I would like to build might while not in a group setting

in Warrior

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Traited longbow is no longer 100% finisher. Was glorious dumping combustive shot and just shooting arrows through it at kiters ;-)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

@ OP: On which weapon ability or utility would you propose to put these additional fields, and which fields are you proposing.

Warrior being the blunt object that it is doesn’t seem to fit with having any additional combo fields. Especially with the way the weapons/utilities are laid out.

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

our combo field is of the best type, has great duration and it’s huge. Just having that one is better than every single combo finisher on… say, necromancers.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

We have more combo-finishers than anyone, makes up for lack of fields.

This ^

Warrior has more finishers then anyone.

But if you guys so badly want something else I would happily trade you a light field off of my guardian & his scepter for your bow & its fire field.

Seriously, anybody wana trade ? I’m tired of people being able to strafe back & forth and avoid half the damage my scepter does.

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

. greatsword lacks combo finisher.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Greatsword has a Whirl Finisher in Whirlwind Attack and a Physical Projectile in Bladetrail, that hits twice due to returning.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Greatsword has a Whirl Finisher in Whirlwind Attack and a Physical Projectile in Bladetrail, that hits twice due to returning.

. Whirlwin last so short.
you shoot out 2 bolts max. and hit no one.

Physical projectile is only like OK meh. if you ever land two hit on a player, good for you!

if you know what i mean, gs lacks a real finisher.

(edited by Simon.3794)