so i was right about GS nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

so you are basically asking for a nerf?!

the upcoming AS is strong to the point that i think the next patch (after this one) will nerf GS even more.

GS will be a target of more nerfs in the future.

will i hope that i’m wrong but seeing ANet nerf history i almost bet they will do it some time, those who cried about the %5 nerf .. might brace themselves for even more.

as a GS/Sw warrior i like the changes, but that means that GS will be the target for more QQ & nerfs in the future because it damage will be easily available to every warrior, skilled or not.

I’m already seeing the QQ and it will not be about just mobility, i think ANet wanted that just to justify nerfing GS, just like what they did with the old Skull cracker build.

as i’m sorta like the change a bit but i feel the GS fell off the Skill based weapons, i mean the hustle you need to go through to setup 100b and such, its gone with Arcing slice buff. < the damage of the GS will be easily achieved.

because of that i foresee that Greatsword will BE GREATLY NERFED some time in the future afterward this patch.

but i never thought it will be this fast ANet, even before we see the new AS.

anyway look to the bright side there is a good potential with the new sigil of cleansing if it got no ICD, think of it combined with brawlers recovery and CI.

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

So, are you still using GS in WvW? I am trying to come up with something close to as good as what I had before this patch, but its hard. Probably going to be Hammer+sw/sh again.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

in Warrior

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

Is warrior no longer at its peak with greatsword?

in Warrior

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

Surely it is in PvE. But I never liked all the hassle with 100b in WvW, thus i rarely used it in this game mode. I was looking forward to the new GS burst.

Of course it still hits harder as it did before, but considering the huge adren nerfs a GS/Hammer build is not optimal when you want to get the most out of your adren, not anymore and certainly not with adren health.

Well… GS+ sw/sh has some devestating power if the enemy is blow 50% now. Its super fun, but getting there is the problem. Its much much easier to control the oponent and bring him below 50% with the hammer, it always was.

Thus I’ll try sw/sh+Hammer again for a while as I think it makes the most out of your adren. If you land ES you wont need adren health that much since the enemy is stunned anyay and couple that with other CCs you have its fine. Flurry is no skill that you “need” you have great bursts with final strike.
Considering the longbow ranger infestation what will likely take over for the next months, shield reflect seems reasonable and fun

Of course you’ll lack movement with this setup. Its all very frustrating to me atm.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

So, are you still using GS in WvW? I am trying to come up with something close to as good as what I had before this patch, but its hard. Probably going to be Hammer+sw/sh again.

ofc GS all the way.

although i need to do some minor tweaks here and there.

but you know my Omnislash build, as its now without any tweak is working great.

but still i want to take advantage of the new improved traits and the new sigils, i want to get rid of lemongrass food and maybe even hoelbrak runes.

(edited by Juba.8406)