Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lani.1429

Lani.1429

It doesn’t seem like they are restoring accounts based on the order of when the tickets were submitted, because I have noticed that others that have posted after me for the same reason as me have been restored. But I do think they are trying to get to all of the tickets with a three day turn-around which hopefully bodes well for me because I will hit the 72 hr mark at about 2-3:00pm PST today at which time I will post in the other 72hr thread. Good luck to you all real players hope to see you in game soon!

I don’t know what order the tickets are being done in but yesterday someone got their account back after 12hours of being banned. I had to wait 3 days and so far I have seen the average amount of time is 2-4 days, for the “botting” issue anyway.

It also depends how you represent your ticket. For example my ticket had way to much panic in it because that was my first impression.

I wasn’t calm, just complete stressful information. I updated my info in a more calmer matter and it worked..

Posted by: squall.7093

squall.7093

Ok, so this is the third day of being banned for me. I’m trying to be patient, but I have yet to receive even a single response or status change on my ticket. At the very least after being banned, while being innocent, they could review my ticket or let me know they have already with an e-mail that they’re in the process of it. =[

Squall it took me slightly more than 3 days for a response. I had to fill some information, and my login status changed.

They are still recovering my account, but at least i don’t see the message of permanent banned for botting anymore, which scared the crap out of me.

Thanks. I’m trying to stay positive… I just want to see some change at all.

Posted by: Dime Baggins.1058

Dime Baggins.1058

It doesn’t seem like they are restoring accounts based on the order of when the tickets were submitted, because I have noticed that others that have posted after me for the same reason as me have been restored. But I do think they are trying to get to all of the tickets with a three day turn-around which hopefully bodes well for me because I will hit the 72 hr mark at about 2-3:00pm PST today at which time I will post in the other 72hr thread. Good luck to you all real players hope to see you in game soon!

I don’t know what order the tickets are being done in but yesterday someone got their account back after 12hours of being banned. I had to wait 3 days and so far I have seen the average amount of time is 2-4 days, for the “botting” issue anyway.

It also depends how you represent your ticket. For example my ticket had way to much panic in it because that was my first impression.

I wasn’t calm, just complete stressful information. I updated my info in a more calmer matter and it worked..

I updated my ticket later on also to include more information and anything I thought they could use to get it resolved. Hopefully it helps and I get a response soon.

Posted by: uking.9312

uking.9312

will they send you an email if they already checked your submission ticket?

Posted by: AndroidClone.1706

AndroidClone.1706

Did anyone else receive a “Invite a Friend to try Guild Wars 2 Today!” email after being banned?

Posted by: uking.9312

uking.9312

i got that invitation sent thru my email.

(edited by uking.9312)

Posted by: Quin.8327

Quin.8327

I have figured it out. It is all a big ploy to get some community building done. Look at yesterdays conversation .. now thats nice community building. Surely this will end up with people staying in contact and gaming together. Be it in guild wars or in another game.
Needles to say there are better method of doing some community building

Posted by: Dfogs.2549

Dfogs.2549

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have changed your password for you. Please use the following information to log into your account:

Account Name: —--
Password: —--

You can log into your account management page by visiting this site: https://account.guildwars2.com Just click on Edit Profile, and scroll down to where it says, “Change Password.” Type in the password that we provided for you along with a new password of your choosing.

Please do not use the same password that you used previously, because the person who changed your account name knows the previous password and that knowledge poses a security risk. For added security, please change the password on your e-mail account as well. Please note that your email account password should NOT be the same as your Guild Wars 2 password.

Be aware that the Support Team is unable to restore any missing characters or items.

Also, be sure to read the important information provided by the link below to help ensure the security of your account:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/tips-for-keeping-your-guild-wars-2-account-secure/

If you need further assistance, please contact us again.

Regards,
The Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com

Got back in after around 18 hours, so I’m not quite sure how they’re processing the queue. Changed my password accordingly and everything works. I’m not sure what they meant by “the person who changed your account name”, considering my character was not active while I was gone, no money was taken, and my account name is still the same…

But I won’t nitpick. For all of you who have not gotten back in, hang in there. This may not have been handled as well as expected, but it seems that they’re slowly working on getting everyone’s access restored.

Posted by: Eson.6791

Eson.6791

I got my account released, but……. I lost over All GOLD & glob of ectoplasm, my char’s location has been move from Cursed Shore (where I got banned ) to Rata Sum Bank Area.

Moreover, my friend got banned today with do nothing.,

Posted by: Corwin.4120

Corwin.4120

First, i was banned for 3days ago because botting, macros…
surely i didnt do that. im innocence.
second, i sumit ticket and response is down here

Response GM Roland via Email 11/13/2012 11:08 AM
Hello,

This message is being sent to notify you that your account was found participating in sales of in-game items or Gold for real money. This activity may have included advertising these sales, delivering the assets to the buyer, gathering the assets for sale, or the use of your account by an employee of a company that sells in-game assets for real money.

These sales are strictly prohibited and in violation of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. Due to this serious violation of the rules, the account has been permanently closed.

Regards,
GM Xionaque
Game Surveillance Unit
———————————————————————————————-

I do not know what to do now. is this permanently my account closed?
i didnt sales anything…is it hacked?

im just want give back my account. so sad.

can anyone help me plz?

Quin.8327

you were moved after being banned?
thats strange
when you get banned nobody should get in

Posted by: Dromihete.1524

Dromihete.1524

my account was banned too during gameplay session. I thought its another random disconnect/wrong password errors that i get daily but this time was botting, selling gold error message.

What in the world happened ??? How can i restore account ? Its enough to post here?

Account has 70-75% world map completion, 1500 achievements and few golds on it!!!

THANK U GUYS!

(edited by Dromihete.1524)

Posted by: grandmooch.8653

grandmooch.8653

I got my account released, but……. I lost over All GOLD & glob of ectoplasm, my char’s location has been move from Cursed Shore (where I got banned ) to Rata Sum Bank Area.

Could your account have been compromised and your loot stolen and triggering a ban because your character is seen as a gold seller for transferring all your gold to another account by the criminal? Other explanation would be ANET csr removing people’s gold and hard earned loot as condition of restoration, legitimate player or otherwise . That latter scenario would suck and almost unthinkable.

Posted by: Zong.2065

Zong.2065

Unbelievable.

My account back less than 24 hours. The blockade I again?

Do not joke.

I was in the Lion’s Arch.

Can you tell me why again blocked me?

I am very angry.

I all afternoon in AC. Night inWVW

Tell me .. am I doing wrong where?

Do you have any reason to be able to do so?

Corwin.4120

additional mail from Support
————————————————————-
Hello,

Your Guild Wars 2 account has been closed for using an illegal third-party program.

I want you to know that we take great care when analyzing accounts prior to termination. NCsoft support staff is both diligent and conservative in determining which accounts are using these programs, and we only terminate an account only after we are able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that such use has occurred.

ive been use VPN once but nerver use any illegal third party programs.
what happend to me?

Posted by: Jsx.6057

Jsx.6057

Unbelievable.

Do not joke.

I am very angry.

This is what I was afraid of.

You’d think they couldn’t screw up twice right?

Jsx.6057

At least you got a response. Got banned 11/10 and nothing.

Great timing ANet, at least I’ll have COD:BO2 to play while you guys fix your ban bots.

Posted by: Zong.2065

Zong.2065

Unbelievable.

Do not joke.

I am very angry.

I am really very angry

This is GM for me the Reply

After reviewing the issue, it appears that your account was blocked in error. Your account is now released and you should be able to log in to Guild Wars 2. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Regards,
GM Xionaque
Guild Wars Support Team

Since validation Why again blocked my account.

Jsx.6057

Unbelievable.

Do not joke.

I am very angry.

I am really very angry

After reviewing the issue, it appears that your account was blocked in error. Your account is now released and you should be able to log in to Guild Wars 2. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,
GM Xionaque
Guild Wars Support Team

Ban bots. Without any sort of filter that filters out players that have been re-instated.

I would love to hear any explaination stating otherwise.

Posted by: GrapeGatsby.6937

GrapeGatsby.6937

Unbelievable.

Do not joke.

I am very angry.

I am really very angry

Regards,
GM Xionaque
Guild Wars Support Team

Were you banned for botting again or for a different reason? Speaking of banning for botting it seems there are new people on this thread and new threads everyday if their customer service can’t even keep up with reinstating the accounts caught in the crossfire wouldn’t it be a good ideal to ummmm stop banning until those that were caught in the crossfire get their account back?

Corwin.4120

really tired for this. i should have to summit another ticket?
and i dunno why
one GM say, “You participating sales gold”
other say, “You are using illegal third-party program”

Posted by: chahlz.5178

chahlz.5178

I’ve gone from banned for botting to being hacked now, or that’s what they say at least, and there is zero evidence to support my account being hacked seeing how there are no unknown IP logins.

Posted by: GrapeGatsby.6937

GrapeGatsby.6937

I’ve gone from banned for botting to being hacked now, or that’s what they say at least, and there is zero evidence to support my account being hacked seeing how there are no unknown IP logins.

How many days has it been? And I think that’s the general progression of getting your account back not sure though, taking from other peoples experiences the last few days this seems to be true.

Posted by: Kurt.5973

Kurt.5973

Anyone who is suspended for fraud issue that bought from gw2 website directly.did your issue resolve ?

Posted by: Bazookakitty.1598

Bazookakitty.1598

I was banned yesterday, for what told me was botting. As I said in my other comment, I was with my guilds and had just logged on to meet them, when there group was out side the town I was in, I joinned and went to go kill a boss and was kicked off half way throughout the fight. Three of us were banned and two left on the game. Well I sent in my ticket and hear back from them this morning. First it was creat a support thing…. Then oh my status went from botting to hacked, now if lost account. What the… Really yes I might be game dumb and haft to have a lot of help in the game, but I can read. Next it told me to get my serial code…. Really I don’t have it anymore and yes that’s my fault. I threw it away, or lost it…. My guess is yes the dog ate it. I have a puppy that was teething at the time when I got this game. Not what should I do? Am I lost to the world of gaming on guild wars forever? And to start anew?

chahlz.5178

How many days has it been? And I think that’s the general progression of getting your account back not sure though, taking from other peoples experiences the last few days this seems to be true.

I was banned yesterday afternoon around 2-ish, sent a well thought out support ticked right away. I’ve gotten minimal response from support so far.

Posted by: Breeze.1273

Breeze.1273

it seems like it’s similiar to my case. it has been more than a week since I got my 1st ticket up. day 8 now. I cant say ‘dont lose ur hope’ atm. just ticket up and wait. tht’s all u can do atm.

Posted by: Igopewpew.8693

Igopewpew.8693

Anyone who is suspended for fraud issue that bought from gw2 website directly.did your issue resolve ?

Only one person in the last 29+ pages.

Corwin.4120

wait wait wait wait always wait

AndroidClone.1706

What disgusts me the most about this entire system is how powerless and guilty they are making us feel. It feels like the witch trials… I want to continue loving ArenaNet but they’re making it really difficult to do so.

The part that’s killing me is the wait. I’ve submitted a ticket, posted on the forums, but Arena.Net is silent about the matter. Have they seen my ticket yet? When will I be able to play again, in 3 days, 5 days? And of course, the question will always linger in the back of my mind, will I be banned again?

Posted by: Arnemetia.1408

Arnemetia.1408

Yeah … Day 8 … not happy. Haven’t heard a peep from A-Net. Put a ticket in according to the rules. Waited 3 days and put a note in that thread. Still nothing. Just for the record, pre-purchased the Collector’s Edition from GameStop, and hubby was actually on-line playing when his screen went black and when he logged back on, it was to see a banned for botting notice.

So … proper game purchase AND not hacked, since he was actually playing when it happened. No excuses for this, A-Net.

And then they send me a Guest Pass… really?! Like I’m gonna subject any friend to THIS.

Back to WoW, I guess.

(edited by Arnemetia.1408)

Quin.8327

over 3 days !!
Changed status several times, changed reason too several times
still nothing

Posted by: bluerebelmedia.9514

bluerebelmedia.9514

I haven’t. Even though unlike some others I have definitely been charged. Confirmed with the bank, posted all billing info in my ticket from the supposed fraudulent credit card, and have now sent them a PDF via my ticket (I dont know why nobody responds anyway) with confirmation proof from the bank the card was charged. All through the buy.guildwars2 website, but apparently their own store is not a trusted retailer. Now we’ll see.

Ticket ID: 121111-001892

Kurt.5973

“I think this place is good to follow up people who is suffering same issue.
and post
the date you purchased the game.
your Incident / Ticket Number here.
and more if you want to add”

Order date: 11/7/2012
[Incident: 121110-002647]

(edited by Kurt.5973)

Kurt.5973

Only one person in the last 29+ pages.

I haven’t. Even though unlike some others I have definitely been charged. Confirmed with the bank, posted all billing info in my ticket from the supposed fraudulent credit card, and have now sent them a PDF via my ticket (I dont know why nobody responds anyway) with confirmation proof from the bank the card was charged. Now we’ll see.

I just created a topic for that I think if we post there it’s better and easier for us

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/fraud-issue-that-bought-directly-gw2-website

Posted by: Eson.6791

Eson.6791

Could your account have been compromised and your loot stolen and triggering a ban because your character is seen as a gold seller for transferring all your gold to another account by the criminal? Other explanation would be ANET csr removing people’s gold and hard earned loot as condition of restoration, legitimate player or otherwise . That latter scenario would suck and almost unthinkable.

Because when I got banned, I was playing in game. so my money lose in between banned and released. I believe:

May be HACKER made me got kicked by botting ban, and then move my char to cursed shore to Rata Sum to mail all my money out. then delete the email record. or it was done by Anet for some reason.
When I login back after released, I found my karma boost buff & GUILD BANNER BUFF still there, so HACKER/ANET done this in a short time.

Posted by: bluerebelmedia.9514

bluerebelmedia.9514

- Purchased November 8th.
- Purchased through buy.guildwars2.com
- I WAS charged. No, it’s not pending, I’ve been charged.
- 121111-001892
- I’ve sent support the CC billing info, zip code, address etc. through my support ticket.
- Send PDF copy of the confirmation from the bank that I was charged through my support ticket.

No response since they said I was using a stolen credit card.

Posted by: Tirth.8295

Tirth.8295

so I am fixed and back to game. no sorry, no explanation, just like nothing ever happen, but still ima glad that didin’t have to wait that long like some of u. G luck for all of u, hope it wont last long now. tc

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

so I am fixed and back to game. no sorry, no explanation, just like nothing ever happen, but still ima glad that didin’t have to wait that long like some of u. G luck for all of u, hope it wont last long now. tc

Was your status also changed to “hacked”? cos that’s what happened to me yet I didn’t get any different IP notifications on my e-mail and when I got my account back today there was no gold loss, no gear loss, everything was still in my bank and what do you know I was in the exact same place I was before I was wrongfully banned as a bot. Strange….

Posted by: Gepetto.5402

Gepetto.5402

Hey there from Germany,

3 days passed after ticket, still banned – not the only one I see.
Germans forums are quiet, so i joined this thread just to keep my hope alive sigh
GZ to all got there accounts back.
Q: Can i post my ticket in this 3-day-not solve-thread here or must I post in our german 5-day-not-solved-thread?
Don’t want to miss the event :-(

Ticket #121110-002535

Posted by: Reese.9572

Reese.9572

I was banned an hour ago for “botting” via farming in Cursed Shore like some of you, and I also just sent in my ticket.

Ticket #: 121113-002954

Posted by: Matik.9035

Matik.9035

Hi everyone. I’m going to share my experience and maybe it will help some of you out.

My account was banned for about 2 and a half days for “botting” and then sometime yesterday evening I tried to log in and noticed that my error messaged had changed from being about botting, macros and, such to saying something about an unauthorized user, aka I was “hacked” or something of that element. Once I noticed this I updated my ticket (did not make a new one) and a few minutes after I got an e-mail saying my account was restored.

Do I think I was hacked by someone? No I do not, but at this point in time I’m happy to have my account open again and it seems I have no one to complain to about support anyways so I’m out of options, even if there was some sort of screw-up in the system.

Best of luck to those of you that are also honest. I know how awful this process feels.

Posted by: Tirth.8295

Tirth.8295

Was your status also changed to “hacked”? cos that’s what happened to me yet I didn’t get any different IP notifications on my e-mail and when I got my account back today there was no gold loss, no gear loss, everything was still in my bank and what do you know I was in the exact same place I was before I was wrongfully banned as a bot. Strange….

Well they responded as it was hacked but me and them know well that it wasn’t. all items and gold are on place. that was ban by mistake, nothing else.

Corwin.4120

Wow they delete my thred no reason about :

1 ticket 2 answer
GM1 say, " you are using third party program"
GM2 say, “you are sales gold for real money”
thats why my account terminated.

surely i didnt do any illegal behavior.
ive never been use botting macros, third party program, never selling gold for money.
why? why? i dunno why? what happend to me?

Posted by: fachet.7831

fachet.7831

Account Issues.. why???

Ticket: 121113-002542
Ticket: 121113-002560

(edited by fachet.7831)

chahlz.5178

My account just got restored, however even though asking why they changed it from being banned for botting to getting hacked with no evidence of my account being hacked I got no response. I guess what ever it takes to cover their tracks over a false banning. :l

Happy to be able to play again though I guess. Still a tad miffed over it though.

squall.7093

Hey there from Germany,

3 days passed after ticket, still banned – not the only one I see.
Germans forums are quiet, so i joined this thread just to keep my hope alive sigh
GZ to all got there accounts back.
Q: Can i post my ticket in this 3-day-not solve-thread here or must I post in our german 5-day-not-solved-thread?
Don’t want to miss the event :-(

I’m with you man. I don’t know how much longer I can take this patiently. I miss the game, my friends, and playing with my gf. I also want to see this amazing event they have planned. I loved the Halloween event, and the challenge of the clock tower. I wish I could experience this game more. =[

AndroidClone.1706

- Purchased November 8th.
- Purchased through buy.guildwars2.com
- I WAS charged. No, it’s not pending, I’ve been charged.
- 121111-001892
- I’ve sent support the CC billing info, zip code, address etc. through my support ticket.
- Send PDF copy of the confirmation from the bank that I was charged through my support ticket.

No response since they said I was using a stolen credit card.

Did they close the ticket? It might take time for ArenaNet to respond since they are working to restore banned accounts.

If the ticket is closed, then you may attempt to open another trouble ticket. After 5 Business days (from 11/8) I recommend calling the Bank that issued your credit card for assistance. Just tell the Bank’s Customer service representative about filing a dispute and they should offer to do a 3 way phone call with NCsoft about the charge. The calls are recorded, and hopefully they’ll be able to resolve your situation as quickly as possible.
This option is only for fraud or charge issues, not for wrongfully banned accounts.

squall.7093

My account just got restored, however even though asking why they changed it from being banned for botting to getting hacked with no evidence of my account being hacked I got no response. I guess what ever it takes to cover their tracks over a false banning. :l

Happy to be able to play again though I guess. Still a tad miffed over it though.

Well, congrats on the restore. I’m just glad to read the forums and see some people having some positive feedback. I’m sure Gaile and the team are doing all they can to solve this issue. Have fun in game!

Posted by: Jonathan.1580

Jonathan.1580

It’s an automated program for SURE> They just nuked me for botting and I just so happen to be powering up a new character at the moment on the dynamic event chains.

They dont use live ppl to review, they just want the botters out because its messing with their MONEY. Well I’m your money and I don’t understand all these high an mighty ppl saying be patient. Maybe you be patient if you did something wrong. I didn’t. Unlock my account. #121113-002895