Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nephele.5063

Nephele.5063

I’m back in. I find the timing a little suspicious, as my ticket happened to be answered right when I came to the forums to rant. I doubt that had anything to do with it, but it’s quite the coincidence.

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

Just had an e-mail from A-Net

Subject
Blocked/Suspended Account

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Jose) 11/12/2012 05:05 PM
Hello,

Thank you for the update.

I am escalating your ticket for further assistance. Once your ticket has been reviewed, someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support and if you have more questions about the game, you can write back to us or visit our official sites at http://www.guildwars2.com and http://www.ncsoft.com.

Have a great day,

Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/
———————————————————————————————————————

Should I get my hopes up?
Either way it seems I made quite a “noise” in this thread for them to contact me xD

That kind of mail I got for my suspension like 5 days ago… Still no further developments… But ya never know.

Have you posted here? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/page/50#post702297

Most of the people that have posted their account recovery posted on there after the initial 3 days had passed. Hope that helps….5 days is too bloody long. I better start fixing this mess

Posted by: QuantumRubixCube.5961

QuantumRubixCube.5961

I feel like part of me has died. I just want my account back. Also something sweet.

Posted by: BonJwah.9861

BonJwah.9861

OMG my ID is blocked for using illegal problem, which is BS get me back on my ID or give my money back ! Can’t believe they don’t have any phone number posted. I would be calling like maaaaaaad !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: PhotonVoid.6470

PhotonVoid.6470

Almost all players in kassex hill region, Stormbluff isle server were got permanent banned about an hour ago due to botting and macro. Hahahahaha. Epic management skill there.

THIS IS A PLACE WHERE BOTS GO TO BOT = WE SHOULD BAN EVERYONE THERE!

haha.. I was just leveling my alt mesmer with 4 other guild members.

Are those other guild members banned as well ?

Posted by: squall.7093

squall.7093

Ah, I wish that they would give me some kind of notification to at least show me that they have recognized that I sent in a ticket. Some e-mail or anything. At this point I don’t care if its automated xD

Dark Revan.7634

Seems Jose is all alone in the office tending to all our calls. Be nice to him or her (girls name in my country). He or she didn’t cause it and is just paid, probably low wage, to talk to us.

Anyway, in 6 hours the workday starts
off to bed
hope to be posting good news in the morning

ooh and dark revan, ill be looking you up on the server if i get back in

Sure thing, I look forward to seeing you in-game when (yep when, gotta stay positive) we get our accounts back. If your ticket is being changed to hacked account then you will probably get in before me since you will be treated as a victim now instead of a botting criminal like the rest of us.

Good night to you, hope you get the good news you deserve in the morning ^^

P.S. Jose is a man/boy name in my country xD

BonJwah.9861

I can’t believe I’m wasting my time on waiting for my ID to be reactivated which was unfairly banned and I paid my own money for this! who’s gonna make it up to me?
I’m seriously mad. give my money back

Posted by: Lord Freeze.3574

Lord Freeze.3574

Night Quinn, have a good one.

Tomorrow at the bank this is definitely going to come up in conversation with the other teams.

Have have to log in and show them some of this. And people say Banks Customer Service is bad.

Our customer service reps would have been fired long ago. And we all would be working 24/7 until the issue was fixed.

BTW Lady Freeze is getting lots of laughs on WoW right now.

Posted by: Volgumby.8596

Volgumby.8596

Good news. I have recieved a reply after 2.5 days. I am still banned but it looks like someone is working on it.

Posted by: AmmaLove.5149

AmmaLove.5149

I feel like part of me has died. I just want my account back. Also something sweet.

I know what you mean, except the something sweet part… T.T

Dark Revan.7634

Good news. I have recieved a reply after 2.5 days. I am still banned but it looks like someone is working on it.

From what I’ve read here and from my experience it seems 2-3 days is when they reply with their bot response (ironic since we got banned for…“botting”)

Good luck to you

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I personally bought the game from buy.guildwars2.com using my dad’s credit card (is that allowed?) on November 7th, 2012. The credit card was not charged for the purchase of the game, nor is the purchase “pending”, it’s simply not there. 121110-001784

Thanks for looking into this, it’s nice to know at least Arenanet knows there’s a problem…

This is very interesting. When did you start playing? When was your account closed?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Lord Freeze.3574

it has been over 3 days. Not even a bot mail.

Posted by: XxAudioxX.2519

XxAudioxX.2519

I seem to have gotten my account restored. But I’m afraid to leave Lions Arch I hope the rest of you get your accounts back soon!

Dark Revan.7634

Man that is horrible!

Have you tried posting here? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/page/50#post704530

Maybe it will catch someone’s attention.

Dark Revan.7634

I seem to have gotten my account restored. But I’m afraid to leave Lions Arch I hope the rest of you get your accounts back soon!

Congrats!!!
Hearing that some people are getting their accounts back is reassuring. Hopefully it won’t be too long before all of us are back in-game ^^

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hi Gaile,

1. Purchased on 11/6/2012
2. Yes, bought from official website the buy.guildwars2.com with my own credit card
3. I called the bank. They authorized the payment and give me the auth code: 555756
4. Ticket #121108-000371

Thanks a million for helping, Gaile

Are you able to play the game? If not, when did you start playing and when were you blocked from playing? Thank you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

squall.7093

Congrats to you my friend. Hopefully we can join you on that soon! However, the thought is pretty scary to even leave Lions Arch. In all honesty, in the hope that I do get my account restored.. I will probably just run dungeons with my gf.

Posted by: Daboss.4682

Daboss.4682

Had this happen to a good friend of mine whos in med school and rarely has time to play as is, he never used any bots and was the slowest member of our guild to get to 80…

Daboss – 80 Guardian – Sanctum of Rall
Magicmang – xx Ele in progress
[Tempest Wolves]

Posted by: Noly.6548

Noly.6548

Hallelujah my access has been restored! My faith has been somewhat restored in AN.

Took them close to 50 hours to do so (banned on 11/10 for botting on Sanctum of Rall). I think what helped was that I posted on the 3days and older ticket thread and provided all of my account/serial number/etc information upfront in my initial ticket. I haven’t put in any subsequent tickets.

For the people still waiting, looks like they have people working away at it.

The unfortunate part of this incident is that they didn’t give me a reason for why I was banned. The email I received was a generic, change your password your account may have been compromised. Funny thing is, there is no way that was possible. I was using the authenticator (before it was bugged) and have a very strong password that is different than the one I use for my e-mail.

As much as I’d like to ask for further clarification, I don’t want to get re-banned ;(

PhotonVoid.6470

Congrats~!~!, One of our guildies for theirs back already lol.. I am still sitting here anticipating a reply, kinda freaking out but not freaking out, mistakes happen, I just hope they correct it in due time since I just had surgery and have a prescription to sit on my behind and do nothing lol.

Posted by: XxAudioxX.2519

XxAudioxX.2519

Hallelujah my access has been restored! My faith has been somewhat restored in AN.

Took them close to 50 hours to do so (banned on 11/10 for botting on Sanctum of Rall). I think what helped was that I posted on the 3days and older ticket thread and provided all of my account/serial number/etc information upfront in my initial ticket. I haven’t put in any subsequent tickets.

The unfortunate part of this incident is that they didn’t give me a reason for why I was banned. The email I received was a generic, change your password your account may have been compromised. Funny thing is, there is no way that was possible. I was using the authenticator (before it was bugged) and have a very strong password that is different than the one I use for my e-mail.

As much as I’d like to ask for further clarification, I don’t want to get re-banned ;(

I was also banned 11/10 on SoR. Seems SoR is having a lot of banning going on in certain areas. I was in harathi hinterlands doing a jumping puzzle when it happened. 1:30pm PST. XD

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

does anybody know the ticket’ status “waiting” ?
what does it means ? user’s comment ? or something ?

It means that it is in queue to be addressed by an agent. Waiting is an ok thing — it will be answered soon.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Lord Freeze.3574

Man that is horrible!

Have you tried posting here? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/page/50#post704530

Yeah already have done that.

On the good side of things at least we met some new people.

Gave me time to finish working on my GW2Bot 5000, it has increased bot anti-detection. Improved AI, it now hooks up to Google Maps to find itself around, with the new chrome plated vaseline dispenser for those “Special Moments” such as these.
It has dual sound emitters, that goes “Nah, nah, na nah na” as it passes the NCSoft Bot police.

It new feature will include a virtual dancing baby mod , and a mini game called Kitten kickers where you get to make field goals using the char heads.

Posted by: Noly.6548

Noly.6548

I was also banned 11/10 on SoR. Seems SoR is having a lot of banning going on in certain areas. I was in harathi hinterlands doing a jumping puzzle when it happened. 1:30pm PST. XD

I was in Harathi doing the group chain at the same time.. I put in my ticket right after the ban at 1:30 PST.. When I started checking this thread, I noticed there were a bunch of people in similar circumstances. There seems to be a little to much commonality for this just to be a coincidence.

Posted by: Dfogs.2549

Dfogs.2549

I was in Harathi doing the group chain at the same time.. I put in my ticket right after the ban at 1:30 PST.. When I started checking this thread, I noticed there were a bunch of people in similar circumstances. There seems to be a little to much commonality for this just to be a coincidence.

I was in Kessex around 3:30 PST so it seems like their bot software’s been going haywire for quite some time.

Posted by: Obsquacious.3524

Obsquacious.3524

Just got an E-mail telling me to invite a friend to play with me next weekend. They’ll probably have to play without me, as I was banned for no reason at all today.

I was wrongly banned… [Incident: 121112-002828]?

PhotonVoid.6470

Were you doing Harathi chain in Kessex on Stormbluff Isle ?

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

it just had to happen in the morning for me, as i had planned on spending the entire day on here, and yet now im at a complete loss for what to do ^^

heh, its nice to see that people are indeed getting their accounts back, but it sucked that it happened in the first place

Posted by: davidmendesgd.3586

davidmendesgd.3586

I am interested in this: Were you in a group during the dynamic event / world event? I was in one for Balthazar’s Temple in Orr and I received a ban about 10 minutes later… Could it be that we are getting grouped into bot groups?

Posted by: Igopewpew.8693

Igopewpew.8693

Nearing the 1 week ban pretty fast. and had the game for only 2-3 days longer than that. Ticket status is currently “RR” but haven’t had a response since it changed from closed to “RR”. Am going to bed soon. I just really hope they fix these issues soon for their own sake as well as mine. Cause the amount of complaints they are getting is gonna severely damage their image. People will think twice before joining when the word of these bans get out and it is slowly leaking to more social media etc >_<. ArenaNet really should stop their bannings for like a single day or two without notifying anyone about it (who cares if bots walk around for 2 days longer ..) and in those 2 days finish all the current issues/tickets instead of constantly banning more people which includes many innocent ones.

Oh well another day passed, maybe the moment of truth will be there tomorrow. Night all ^^

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

For Gaile:

Account is not yet cancelled, but still waiting for a reply for my ticket which now is five days old and I am naturally predicting the worst outcome – just my luck.
So here comes some info about my buy.

Date: 07/11/12 during the evening GMT+1
Store: guildwars2.com/shop
Charge Status: Pending, ie money is reserved and untouchable by me.
Card and Bank: Visa, Swedbank
Incident Number: 121111-002238

Are you unable to play? When did you first find you were blocked?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

Wow, so I got hit by the banhammer as well…
For botting apparently…
I just hope I’ll get my account back before the 15th…

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

As you’re probably aware, we have a thread where players are invited to post if they have been waiting for three days or longer for a resolution of their support issue. That thread is the Tickets for Review thread, which is at the top of this Account Support sub-forum.

However, sometimes folks want to post about their issue right away. In order to keep things tidy and not have scattered and random posts on the forums, we’re building a single thread where you can post if you want to comment on your issue related to your account being suspended or terminated.

We will be reviewing this thread, and we occasionally use it to gather information, so look for the “red posts” from staff members. And please remember to use the “Tickets for Review” thread for follow-ups.

Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: davidmendesgd.3586

davidmendesgd.3586

I am still waiting on my ticket to be responded to… I wanted to know if anyone who was banned on Saturday has received a response yet and if Arena Net owning up to any of this disaster?

It is impossible that you have a non-automated system (ie, a manual system) that is banning thousands of legit players. No matter what you say there is no way you have an employee who is sitting there and literally reviewing people’s accounts for botting / cheating/ etc and banning them anyways when all evidence points to no.

This leaves two options:

1) You DO have an automated system.
2) You have an employee or employees who is/are banning people for no reason.

Either way, you are in a terrible position. I can’t imagine any customer service or IT department getting away with this in ANY other business setting.

What are we supposed to do? Just accept that you terminated our account access without any reason and ‘deal with it’? How is that fair?

PhotonVoid.6470

I am interested in this: Were you in a group during the dynamic event / world event? I was in one for Balthazar’s Temple in Orr and I received a ban about 10 minutes later… Could it be that we are getting grouped into bot groups?

I don’t think so, I was in a group with guild mates who were also banned, we were in mumble at the time and got the same black screen, we had just finished the Harathi chain and we stopped away from any events or mobs and were playing with combos, fields and finishers when it happened.

squall.7093

I am still waiting on my ticket to be responded to… I wanted to know if anyone who was banned on Saturday has received a response yet and if Arena Net owning up to any of this disaster?

It is impossible that you have a non-automated system (ie, a manual system) that is banning thousands of legit players. No matter what you say there is no way you have an employee who is sitting there and literally reviewing people’s accounts for botting / cheating/ etc and banning them anyways when all evidence points to no.

This leaves two options:

1) You DO have an automated system.
2) You have an employee or employees who is/are banning people for no reason.

Either way, you are in a terrible position. I can’t imagine any customer service or IT department getting away with this in ANY other business setting.

What are we supposed to do? Just accept that you terminated our account access without any reason and ‘deal with it’? How is that fair?

Hey, I was banned saturday and still have no response. However, I’m still a bit hopefully that maybe I will get some kind of response tonight. I’m not too sure though. 11/10 official date on my banning.

Lord Freeze.3574

Man that is horrible!

Yeah already have done that.

On the good side of things at least we met some new people.

Gave me time to finish working on my GW2Bot 5000, it has increased bot anti-detection. Improved AI, it now hooks up to Google Maps to find itself around, with the new chrome plated vaseline dispenser for those “Special Moments” such as these.
It has dual sound emitters, that goes “Nah, nah, na nah na” as it passes the NCSoft Bot police.

It new feature will include a virtual dancing baby mod , and a mini game called Kitten kickers where you get to make field goals using the char heads.

Hahaha, for sure I wouldn’t be as calm as I am right now if I hadn’t met a few nice people like yourself on this thread. Let keep on hoping that this situation will be fixed soon.

Totally agree Dark
atleast something good came out of this cluster

Dark Revan.7634

For botting apparently…

If I don’t have my account back before the 15th, I’ll scream.

If I don’t get my account by the 15th I’m out. No joke, if I am not back in the game like I should be, since I have done nothing wrong, then its time to look for something else. I would be too pissed that I lost out on the Lost Shore update to continue.

Natsu Dragneel.1625

i got hit when i woke up and started playing roughly 3 hours ago, man it does kind of suck though, maybe they should have done a better job with their automated bot banner ^^

Natsu Dragneel.1625

For botting apparently…

If I don’t get my account by the 15th I’m out. No joke, if I am not back in the game like I should be, since I have done nothing wrong, then its time to look for something else. I would be too pissed that I lost out on the Lost Shore update to continue.

It goes like this,

Anet: “hey, look here guys, a one time only super special event”

players: “wow that looks fun, i cant wait”

Anet: “too bad, you are all banned.”

squall.7093

For botting apparently…

Oh man. I hope I can get back by the 15th! My girl and I are already looking into other games to play if this doesn’t work out. However, I like this game so much and put so much hours into it. It’ll be a shame to leave it..especially being a fan of GW1 as well.

Dfogs.2549

For botting apparently…

Right there with you. I can honestly say I haven’t had any issues with this game or ANet since purchasing it in September, but I’m starting to feel a bit jaded. Let’s be honest, they are clearly not working as hard on this issue as they should be, or this thread wouldn’t be full of angry and disappointed customers having the same problems over the course of several days.

BonJwah.9861

Gaile

If you awaiting for a response from Support, please do not create another ticket. It will delay your response (what with merging, updating the old tickets, etc.).

What you should do:
•Submit a single ticket. Yes I did

•Provide the information requested here. Did too

•Read the daily update and the archives, too. Really? you want me to spend my own time to watch if this ridiculous situation is over for 3days long? what is this. you think gamers have no life? Is this a joke? Fine.

•Watch your email for updates. Thank God to my iphone – -^

•When you get the email, see if the update applies to your situation. Am I waiting on news letters? Just solve the problem at single step. Don’t extend it.

•If the update does not appear to address your issue, update your ticket, if requested, to let the team know you still need help. Really? is this the best you can come up with? NOW I SERIOUSLY WANT TO VISIT YOU OFFICE WOW

•Wait—and we do appreciate your patience!—and Support will get back to you as soon as they are able. No just give me my money back

Please understand that compromised accounts — where someone’s credentials are harvested from another source (email account, forum, another game) — are our top priority. If you have issues other than a hacked account, be assured that the team is working around the clock to help every player. And again, we appreciate your patience

DOES ANYBODY KNOW, ANY PLACE, WEBSITE, PHONE NUMBER THAT I CAN REPORT THIS MESS TO GET MY SERVICE MONEY BACK? seriously

Dfogs.2549

For botting apparently…

It goes like this,

I laughed at this one for a solid minute before sobering up when I realized that’s actually what’s happening.

Dark Revan.7634

For botting apparently…

It goes like this,

Lmao, hahaha I laughed a little too much on that one, probably because it almost seems like its true.

A continuation could be

Player: when will my ban be lifted!!?!

Anet: the 19th of november.

Player: How do I know I am secure from future false bans?

Anet: I guarantee you wont be banned again unfairly….until the next one time only super event muahahahaha

Natsu Dragneel.1625

For botting apparently…

It goes like this,

Lmao, hahaha I laughed a little too much on that one, probably because it almost seems like its true.

A continuation could be

Player: when will my ban be lifted!!?!

Anet: the 19th of november.

Player: How do I know I am secure from future false bans?

Anet: I guarantee you wont be banned again unfairly….until the next one time only super event muahahahaha

Yeh, we will undoutably all get banned at the christmas one too, and the cycle will repete itself

Posted by: NyteFox.9176

NyteFox.9176

Happend to me about an hour ago. Was playing having fun, starting warping really bad, died a couple of time because of it. Exited, and restarted computer and logged in to get the ‘Guild Wars 2 has encountered an error.’ Sent in a support ticket. I really hate being accussed of something I didn’t do…

Dark Revan.7634

For botting apparently…

Right there with you. I can honestly say I haven’t had any issues with this game or ANet since purchasing it in September, but I’m starting to feel a bit jaded. Let’s be honest, they are clearly not working as hard on this issue as they should be, or this thread wouldn’t be full of angry and disappointed customers having the same problems over the course of several days.

Not working hard enough on the issue? I’m pretty sure they don’t even view it as such unfortunately. More people got banned today and It will continue to happen until they own up to their mistakes and decide to actually fix this mess.