100% world completion bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

I think you need to talk to someone in the game to claim your reward. I saw another thread here and they explained how so look for it.

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

What about your character select screen? Do you have 100% there?
I think you just missed one no-on-the-map POI – whispers order base, most likely.

Posted by: Marco.8209

Marco.8209

I got it on my log-in screen.
And i already have that skillpoint, no idea what i’m missing…

Irelia The Frozen || Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks [AOD] ~ [DKB]
http://www.twitch.tv/marcovd226

Posted by: IshiFox.5741

IshiFox.5741

100% Map completion also consists of opening up every explorable area.

Therefore you will need the Magumma, Orr, Krtya, Shiverpeaks and Ascalon explorer achievements, under the explorer tab. (Note however, you can accumulate these on all your characters combined, so you may need to try a walkabout – so to speak…

To add; some of the areas have more unlockable points than they state!

The best way to check this is by comparing your maps with online maps as every explorable area has its own name tag in white, which makes for a fantastic point of reference when comparing maps.

Most people seem to miss Griffenrook Run in Timberline, The Serpent Wind in Metrica, aslo the Golomagical institue there, you need to re-enter out of off story mode! But thats just a few, I can image there are plenty more.

Use http://wiki.guildwars2.com as a map reference, will be a big help!

(edited by IshiFox.5741)

Marco.8209

Therefore you will need the Magumma, Orr, Krtya, Shiverpeaks and Ascalon explorer achievements, under the explorer tab. (Note however, you can accumulate these on all your characters combined, so you may need to try a walkabout – so to speak…

The best way to check this is by comparing your maps with online maps as every explorable area has its own name tag in white, which makes for a fantastic point of reference when comparing maps.

Most people seem to miss Griffenrook Run in Timberline, The Serpent Wind in Metrica, aslo the Golomagical institue there, you need to re-enter out of off story mode! But thats just a few, I can image there are plenty more.

Thanks for the info but those i already have.

Attachments:

Marco.8209

Same problem, have everything, but no reward!

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Just got a suggestion on this: Have you gone to the Chantry of Secrets since you achieved 100%? I’m told by the team that this can make things “click over” and give the 100% completion recognitions.

Could you try that and post if it works?

Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Matirion Maeronta.4260

Matirion Maeronta.4260

I got it on my log-in screen.
And i already have that skillpoint, no idea what i’m missing…

You may need the Chantry of Secrets PoI, which Halo mentioned already. In the instance there is one PoI.
Don’t confuse that with the skillpoint outside, nobody even mentioned any skillpoint at all (skillpoints are not the same as PoIs…). You can’t see if you have it or not without entering the Chantry.

Another thing that may help is revisiting any areas you have completed, some area rewards were bugged in the past and you might have to visit the area and claim the reward to get the world completion reward.

Hope this helps you. If not, I hope you get an official reply soon.

Marco.8209

Just got a suggestion on this: Have you gone to the Chantry of Secrets since you achieved 100%? I’m told by the team that this can make things “click over” and give the 100% completion recognitions.

Thanks.

Already have that POI, thanks for the info anyway.

Fixed (i just hopped to another area (From L.A. to Cursed Shore) and it was there, weird since i completed the map 2-3 days ago)

(edited by Marco.8209)

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

is this fixed, because i def. still have not received my star or gifts of exploration for completion? Anyone else still waiting on a fix?

Attachments:

[TW]Tempest Wolves

Posted by: Judes.4907

Judes.4907

Yes it worked. Thank You and the team I had been there, had the POI as well already.
Should be fixed though, ya know?

Posted by: EasyModeAj.3169

EasyModeAj.3169

Thanks.

Yes i went into the chantry i had a box appear in the corner of my screen and when i clicked on it nothing happend, in the past hour i have been traveling around the zones again making sure this isnt a game problem. Hopefully you can get back to me after the support team figure out whats wrong.

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

EasyModeAj -

I personally doubt there is a team looking at your case because it sounds like you’re the only one with that problem. Which means either you’re very unlucky and have a unique issue, or there’s some human error on your part. That might be a very frustrating thing to hear, but there is something you can do about it: Do a better job of documenting your case and show beyond a doubt that there isn’t a mistake on your part.

I noticed that you haven’t gotten all of the explorer achievements; this could be the case even if you’ve gotten 100% in all of the zones, because finding all the areas isn’t necessary for a completion chest in each of the zones. If you do get all the areas, that will help you make a much stronger case (since there’s otherwise a chance of hearts/POIs lurking in places you’ve missed). Use the maps on the wiki to compare to your own.

As well, saying that you’ve hopped from area to area and checked that you have 100% isn’t entirely convincing. You need to make a tally of how many hearts and POIs you have in each region, then sum them all up. If you do that, you may just help to figure out what the bug is. Then get screenshots of all those zones.

Finally, you say that the chest disappears when you get to the Chantry. Could your post a shot of that?

It’s a lot of work and I know it sounds like it’s putting the onus on you, but you can’t expect the support team to figure out what your issue is unless you’ve documented it properly.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Posted by: EasyModeAj.3169

EasyModeAj.3169

EasyModeAj -

I personally doubt there is a team looking at your case because it sounds like you’re the only one with that problem. Which means either you’re very unlucky and have a unique issue, or there’s some human error on your part. That might be a very frustrating thing to hear, but there is something you can do about it: Do a better job of documenting your case and show beyond a doubt that there isn’t a mistake on your part.

I noticed that you haven’t gotten all of the explorer achievements; this could be the case even if you’ve gotten 100% in all of the zones, because finding all the areas isn’t necessary for a completion chest in each of the zones. If you do get all the areas, that will help you make a much stronger case (since there’s otherwise a chance of hearts/POIs lurking in places you’ve missed). Use the maps on the wiki to compare to your own.

As well, saying that you’ve hopped from area to area and checked that you have 100% isn’t entirely convincing. You need to make a tally of how many hearts and POIs you have in each region, then sum them all up. If you do that, you may just help to figure out what the bug is. Then get screenshots of all those zones.

Finally, you say that the chest disappears when you get to the Chantry. Could your post a shot of that?

It’s a lot of work and I know it sounds like it’s putting the onus on you, but you can’t expect the support team to figure out what your issue is unless you’ve documented it properly.

Yeah i guess ill have to put the work in seems like alot of hassle to get piece of my legendary…

also i dont see the chest pop in the chantry anymore so i have no idea why it popped

Posted by: bilwit.9752

bilwit.9752

Apparently they’re deleting posts that are even remotely negative towards their customer support.

I have 100% map completion on the character screen. I have the “been there done that” title. I have all the explorer achievements at 100%. I’ve been to Chantry of Secrets before the patch and AFTER the patch multiple times, in fact I visit there DAILY in the SLIMMEST hope that it got magically fixed. I HAVE NOT received the gifts or the star.

Posted by: greg.4081

greg.4081

100% world complete bug same here …no reward or star

Attachments:

Posted by: tenkanu.2354

tenkanu.2354

There are more than 175 areas in Ascalon, that could be a problem.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thanks.

Yes i went into the chantry i had a box appear in the corner of my screen and when i clicked on it nothing happend, in the past hour i have been traveling around the zones again making sure this isnt a game problem. Hopefully you can get back to me after the support team figure out whats wrong.

Thanks for testing that for me. I’m darned sorry that didn’t magically make it better. I will inquire of the team (again) if there is another option, and I really appreciate your patience and the fact that you’re working with me on this, because what helps you could help others! We haven’t seen this issue beyond the Chantry suggestion, so this is new and I’ll flag it now.

Thanks again.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I wanted to comment on this, because you’re right. There are a TON of areas, and what we’ve found in many cases is that with the “round up” feature of the title, it can appear that a player has completely cleared all maps, but really is a bit under full completion.

Let me explain: Maybe a certain map comprises an actual .08931% of the title. The system rounds that up to .09& (or perhaps even to a full .1%). Over time, those rounded numbers can add up to 100%, and the account details may show 100%, but in fact you’re at, say, 98.1%.

In Guild Wars (the original game) we have people ask us “Why does it say I have 103.2% for the title?” That, too, is the “round-up factor.”

So when someone says “I have 100%” that isn’t necessarily the case, and that’s why the first suggestion is the check each and every map. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for fairness), we don’t have the ability to peek at the account and hint “Go to [map name] to finish the title.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Chiuna.2538

Chiuna.2538

Apologies if this has been mentioned, I skimmed everything and did not see it. I’ve heard that if you use the consumable items for skill points in areas that the skill point was not located in, it will fill in the skill point on the world map but will not register for zone completion until you visit the original zone again. So if you saved any skill point food to eat elsewhere you might want to try re-visiting those zones! Maybe this is the cause for one of you?

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

I wanted to comment on this, because you’re right. There are a TON of areas, and what we’ve found in many cases is that with the “round up” feature of the title, it can appear that a player has completely cleared all maps, but really is a bit under full completion.

Let me explain: Maybe a certain map comprises an actual .08931% of the title. The system rounds that up to .09& (or perhaps even to a full .1%). Over time, those rounded numbers can add up to 100%, and the account details may show 100%, but in fact you’re at, say, 98.1%.

In Guild Wars (the original game) we have people ask us “Why does it say I have 103.2% for the title?” That, too, is the “round-up factor.”

So when someone says “I have 100%” that isn’t necessarily the case, and that’s why the first suggestion is the check each and every map. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for fairness), we don’t have the ability to peek at the account and hint “Go to [map name] to finish the title.”

Do you have the option to add a screen for us which shows you the completion percentage of each achievement per zone?

Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Thanks.

Thanks for testing that for me. I’m darned sorry that didn’t magically make it better. I will inquire of the team (again) if there is another option, and I really appreciate your patience and the fact that you’re working with me on this, because what helps you could help others! We haven’t seen this issue beyond the Chantry suggestion, so this is new and I’ll flag it now.

Thanks again.

Were we supposed to get something in the box at Chantry’s? (I’m only about 60% on map compeletion) I went into it with two different characters so far, and haven’t got anything from the box (not even coins).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Jayshua.5068

Jayshua.5068

Not sure what the fuss about all the explorable areas are. My wife and I got 100% and the rewards just from finishing all the POIs, Vista, Hearts and SPs on the World Map including WvW and got our 100% and Gifts of Exploration.

Posted by: Morelia.6835

Morelia.6835

Just finished 100% world completion including the Chantry of Secrets. I didn’t get any gifts but I did get the “Been there. Done that.” title and the corresponding achievement.

Posted by: Morelia.6835

Morelia.6835

Adding on to the above: The world completion star also doesn’t seem to appear next to my character name to other players.

Posted by: Maxkmk.6310

Maxkmk.6310

I’ve done World completion since patch fixed Matrica Prov Skill point in our Crystal Dessert server but only had local map completion reward. No rewards for 100% World map completion what so ever. have the title “been there done that” but no star sign as well. Very much let down after waiting for the Matrica Prov skill point to be fixed for long time….
Fixed by:
- I’ve went to Chantry of Secrets twice and worked =_=
so if you have same issue try that as well. at least it worked… don’t know why i need to go as Order of Whisper story leads there way before…

(edited by Maxkmk.6310)

Posted by: miminorth.9026

miminorth.9026

I’m coming up against an ugly feature of map completion. I have completed all points in Ascalon, Maguuma, Shiverpeaks, and Kryta; POIs, vistas, waypoints, skill points are all done. Gotten the rewards chest from each map in each of those areas. But in the hero achievements screen, I am missing one segment from Shiverpeaks and four from Maguuma. I’ve checked my map for “fuzzy” areas and I’m at a complete loss of how to go about finding these discreet locations.

Posted by: IshiFox.5741

IshiFox.5741

Quoting what I said before, as this needs to all be done on the SAME character. I see no bug as I managed to complete this on a character as a friend did for the third time just a couple of days ago. If you havent got the badge you’re missing something!

Also note you will not see your own star! You’ll have to ask someone in game if you got it if you wish to be certain.

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

The Chantry of Secrets trick (just entering it through the cave entrance) finally worked for me a few days back. Just for the record I filed a ticket and got that as a response a couple days later, and at first I was rather hesitant as I already cleared that area and got the PoI.

However, entering that area does, as one of the Arenanet posters here mentions, seems to trigger some kind of mechanism. It is rather strange though as I got a map icon where the chest icon was supposed to be with the item reward and an additional chest to the right of that with nothing in it (the chest showed nothing, not even EXP – however I did get EXP for it, which was wierd).

Posted by: Incendia.6725

Incendia.6725

I’m as bit confused here. Some people are saying you need to have gotten all the zones explored, so all the Explorer titles. Yet some people are saying that you only need the POIs, vistas, skill points and such. Can someone give me a definite answer please?

Posted by: Stylish.8432

Stylish.8432

I like to believe i’ve done everything for 100% map completion. But apparantly im missing 1 vista. I’ve been over every map atleast twice and every area is completed 100%.

Could anyone tell me if it’s me that flinched and missed a vista, or if this is a bug?

265/266 vistas.

Thanks

Posted by: zetsubou.6347

zetsubou.6347

Just hit the “100% world completion today” this morning. My final area was one of the WvW borderlands and only recieved the map completion reward for said borderland. I tried logging out, restarting the client, moving to different areas, and checking the Chantry of Secrets again, but still no 100% reward. Hoping to see a solution to this in the near future
Edit: Pictures attached showing that my character has 100% on the icon and the detailed info, as well as the achievement BTDT 100%, and the Explorer achievements done. I’m still at a loss ;_;

Attachments:

(edited by zetsubou.6347)

Posted by: Quise.5628

Quise.5628

Ok right now I’m kitten off. I cant made 100% of map completion.
Game says that i need to find one more POI. I’ve got 716/717

BUT:
I’ve checked all zones and all of them are on 100%
I’ve got all WvW maps on 100%
I was in Chamber of Secrets
I’ve done all Jumping Puzzles
I’ve done all Explorer achievements

And still i don’t have last poi, and after wasting money on WP travel im out of idea where is my last POI

EDIT: Character select shows 100% but cursor on medal says 99%

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Being.7928

Being.7928

I just got my 100% World Completion (along with the gifts) by going into the Chantry of Secrets again and I have NOT maxed all the Explorer Achievements.

Posted by: Dagoberd.8465

Dagoberd.8465

Thanks.

just tried it out, and it worked
thanks a lot!

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

I don’t have all the Explorer’s yet, but have 100% world completed. Got the star, got the title, but no rewards. Went to Chantry of Secrets twice, no luck.

Any suggestions?

Attachments:

(edited by Kazak.8459)

Posted by: Miksa.9285

Miksa.9285

I have entered the Chantry of Secrets and the two reward thingies popped up above my minimap, the one with the chest gave me NOTHING (is this intended?) and the one with the compass gave me 2 gifts of exploration, have I received everything I should?

Posted by: Fiery Lily.8046

Fiery Lily.8046

I got title and everything but not the 2 gifts of exploration. Pleeeeeeeeeease send me

Edit: ok,, the chantry of secrets worked for me.

(edited by Fiery Lily.8046)

Posted by: azazel.4328

azazel.4328

I discover all PvE and WvW maps on 100% but on the World map writte me i dont discover all vistas , point of interest and waypoint O.O
I discovery all i check all areas !!! its bug or what ???

Point of interest 698/117
Waypoints 498/507
Vistas 261/266
98% world completion

Any can help me

Posted by: art.1402

art.1402

Same as azazel except i have all waypoints and only missing 1 POI (which is NOT in the chantry of secrets) and 7 vistas !!! Is this a bug or i am missing something here ? 7 vistas are alot and i have checked every area in PVE and WvW thanks.

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

You guys might check it against http://gw2cartographers.com

Without this site I would have missed quite a few POIs and Vistas.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I just got my 100% World Completion (along with the gifts) by going into the Chantry of Secrets again and I have NOT maxed all the Explorer Achievements.

Im curious what explorer achievements have you not maxed?

Posted by: iboeng.6847

iboeng.6847

I have currently 98% completion.

Main map – all done except one POI in Rata Sun. Thsi portal goes to the POI on the top left corner of the map.

The portal says it is under construction and need an item. Is it bugged or do I really need to get that item in order for me to go there?

I have also completed the WvW points in the four areas.

I have yet to go to PvP.

Are the remaining points in there?

PLease advise on these two questions

Thank you

Posted by: tolkan.4508

tolkan.4508

ive got 100% of world map completion, all wp, sp, pois and vistas. and yet no rewards for it exept the area map one no gift of exploration and no star in my name just the title “been there, done that” :<

Posted by: Freekill.6478

Freekill.6478

I’m having a little problem with my World completion.
I have 100% of the map explored, I got the title, and I also got the Gifts of Exploration,
But I don’t have the star. (asked a friend to take a screen shot and it isn’t there)
Does anyone else have this problem?

Posted by: OzSamurai.4268

OzSamurai.4268

Same problem, have everything, but no reward!
Attachments:

Attachments:

Posted by: zRhyno.9467

zRhyno.9467

I got 100% world completion a few days ago. I had already gone into the Chantry of secrets a few points prior to the 100% (and did it again today just to be sure. It says 100% everywhere in game, on the map, on the char screen. I got the two gifts of exploration, the chest reward and the title. However I did NOT get a star next to my name.

And I haven’t done all of the explorer achievments either, so they aren’t needed for 100%. Im still missing a few areas on 3/5 main areas.

tolkan.4508

i mean comon! pls can a adm help me with this 100% completion? ive sent bug reports and no response. i have it all wp, sp, heats, poi and vistas. and all areas discovered kryta, maguuma, shiverpeaks, ascalon and orr. and ive already went to wvwvw to get them aswell, and also been to the wispers hq. i got it all even the title “been there done that” but no star on caracter name and no gifts of exploration pls can someone look into it?

Attachments:

tolkan.4508

ok so i went back t the chantry of secrets(that i already discovered before btw) and it solved the reward i think. got a chest with nothing(lol) and the gifts of exploration now im going to ask and see if the star finally shows on my charr name.

Posted by: Puinhoop.3194

Puinhoop.3194

Hey,

Just 10 min ago I completed the world map, but I only recived my map chest, not the world chest.

Hmm maby a little less information, but some screens for the proof. Also I have changed character, changed map and visited the Chantry of Secrets, but still no reward

~Problem solved, an other gate to the chant of secrets solved it

Attachments:

(edited by Puinhoop.3194)