Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

I’m not sure if this is already mentioned, but I’ve seen an issue popping up on the GW2 discussion forum of soulbound items that make more sense account bound. These include:

Precursor crafting rewards and the Mistward armor pieces.

These make more sense being account bound because the process to obtain them can be spread over the account. As it is now, while working to obtain these items you can, for example, wind up getting a precursor greatsword on an engineer so that the weapon is soul bound to a class who cannot use it. Same goes for the heavy armor of the mistward pieces being soul bound to a light or medium armor user.

I am guessing this was an oversight when developing the reward system for these collections, just thought I’d put this here so it might be addressed along with the bugs and other things.

Edit: I seem to recall that precursors would be account bound so they could not be sold but could be moved to appropriate characters during the presentations about HoT. I really think this was an oversight.

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

Posted by: Kirusu.7315

Kirusu.7315

Issue about Guild Mission, we have encounter some problem that some of our member did not get any Guild reward after we have completed the final puzzle for Proxemics Lab. However some member outside the lab did receive the reward evene they did not make it to the last stage (maze stage), and members who placed the last piece for the puzzle did not receive the reward.

If I can get a reply about this issue it will be very grateful, thanks.

Posted by: Buffalo Bruiser.3567

Buffalo Bruiser.3567

I have map completion on Verdant Brink and Auric Basin, with my Ranger Buffal Bruiser, and have not received the map completion rewards. I have completed Verdant Brink with my Revenant Wendolyns Spirit, and have received the map completion rewards for that.

Posted by: Le Gros Georges.2984

Le Gros Georges.2984

I can’t progress the ’Predator’s path’ story mission. During one of the hologram dialogs (the last one, on top of a tree) I switched to another version of the map, and it somehow prevented me from completing the episode. My intention was to get on top of the tree, agree to switch map to get the bonus XP reward, then talk to the hologram, but I guess I triggered the dialog right before jumping to the other map. My current objective is ‘Find a way to reunite with your team.’, but there is nothing on the map.

Restarting ‘_The predator’s path_’ doesn’t do anything. I tried leaving the map for a few hours, with and without the episode active, I tried following a friend doing the same episode to see if I could trigger any of the hologram dialog on the way. None of this worked. According to the story journal, I did listen to every dialog i’m suppose to (see the attachment).

TL;DR: I just somehow skipped the trigger that would give me the reward for this episode and allow me to proceed to ‘Strange observations’.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Blocking-issue-with-The-predator-s-path

Attachments:

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

I have map completion for Southsun Cove, Dry Top, and Silverwastes from before HoT but I got no map reward that was promised in HoT patch notes.

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

If you do an activity on the new maps and get the same time as the reward time…you won’t get the reward. I’m guessing it’s factoring in milliseconds as well.

(edited by LUST.7241)

Posted by: vanensang.1389

vanensang.1389

The Crusader’s Pack collection is bugged. I completed the story step “Prized Possessions” on a second character and I didn’t get the Resilient Vigil Belt, though I picked the Recruit’s Pack on that character and I already bought the Vigil Maintenance Oil in before. Yet it still shows me that I just have 2 items though I should have the Belt too.

I progressed the Scholar’s Pack collection to 5/8 when I simply played it through without buying those other three items.

Same thing with the “Golden Vigil Buckle” which you should get from finishing the story step “Strange Observations” by the way. Please fix that … half of that achievement doesn’t seem to work.

Kodash [DE]
Avallora Erasleigh // e
Tara Airgetlám // m

Posted by: StAllerdyce.3941

StAllerdyce.3941

Completed VB, no reward. Has 100% map completion in Central Tyria. Haven’t attemped other zones yet, but am assuming it’ll be the same problem. Please fix — this will affect my mesmer, thief, and engy as well, effectively locking out the Elite spec collections

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

The Bitter Harvest story step is currently broken for me. I get a Network Error and the game closes out. I don’t get this bug anywhere else. I can go anywhere else in the game, play ANY other HoT story mission, but every time I attempt to play “Bitter Harvest” I get this:

Attachments:

Posted by: Tom Deluxe.9105

Tom Deluxe.9105

When you link an item in the chat of a guild you’re not representing, the message will appear in the guild chat you’re representing, not in the one you’re actually writing the message.

Posted by: Mackodlak.7961

Mackodlak.7961

Got no reward for verdant brink 100% map completion. Hope I don’t have to open support ticket

Posted by: lakey.9037

lakey.9037

I’ve been played for 3 years with my macbook pro. It has 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 16GM Ram with NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB. Just bought the expansion. But it keeps crash in HOT map while doing group event. Please give me a proper explanation about this. Thanks

Attachments:

Posted by: Swellmeister.1324

Swellmeister.1324

trying to kill mordremoth, and when the rift opened for Siearen, the ground gave way around it, requiring me to restart.

Posted by: ruki.2398

ruki.2398

Today I tried to do few achievements for first part of PS HoT. Almost all went smoothly, but I found that two of them are bugged for me:

- Sylvari Solidarity – my friend had opened instance and he was at his sylvari char. We tried twice and I haven’t got this achievement. Is it possible that a cause was a fact that my friend had done this achievement already?

- Conservation of Resources – turret was at 60% of HP. Also I had that buff(being able to do achiv) till the end of the mission. And no achievement for me. I tried to do it few times more but now I don’t have the buff. Even after reloging- no buff, no achievement.

I’ve done story, now I’m only replaying for achiev. I tried at other characters(with story also done)- no buffs, no achievements.

Posted by: Storm Valkyrie.9471

Storm Valkyrie.9471

I’m not sure if this has already been noted, but there is a skill bug with skill 5 (Vault) on daredevil staff.

The range of the skill is pretty badly innacurate at the moment. If I use the skill at the maximum range possible, my character leaps to that range, but before he comes back to earth is snapped back about a third of the distance, like bouncing off an invisible wall. So effectively my ground target completely misses whatever I’m trying to land on.

I hope it’s not intentional because I use those green circles for aiming.

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

Did they fix the servers yet where you DON’T lose all progress for a meta after a crash or disconnect?

No?

Predictably pathetic then.

ArenaNet. Programing fun mechanics around bad programming! Weee!

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I’ve had the server boot me back to character select twice now, both times right in the middle of running wyvern eggs to the SE circle in that event at Wyvern Cliffs in VB, and both times when the map was nearing Tier 4. Upon re-entering the map, I would find my participation reset to 0 and my character displaced to the entrance of either LA or VB and several minutes of progress lost to a rollback (would be missing exp, things I salvaged would be unsalvaged, bags I opened would be back in my inventory, etc.).

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

The below event in Verdant Brink occasionally bugs and thus blocks access to the Shooting Gallery adventure – please fix!

Attachments:

Posted by: Yuri Kwon.1069

Yuri Kwon.1069

I didn’t get any of HoT map completion bonuses. Please, get me the rewards

Ms Jeanne / 80 Theif / [Kiwi] Gamers World
Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Gargske.7209

Gargske.7209

All 4 HoT maps 100% completed, not a single reward.

Posted by: Molten.3249

Molten.3249

This is an issue regarding map completion in Maguuma. I have a thief with 100% Tyria map completion. I completed Verdant Brink, and received no reward (we all know about that bug). After downloading the map completion patch, I hopped on my thief, went to Verdant Brink – as I assumed that I would be rewarded for map completion, retroactively – and didn’t receive anything. I’m assuming that the patch fixes the issue for future map completion, but it NEEDS to be fixed for people that have already done completion, as well.

Posted by: Wite Out.8276

Wite Out.8276

Still missing all of my new HoT progress besides my 8 Hero Points earned on Verdant Brink.

Posted by: TaDah.3615

TaDah.3615

I had purchased the Bat Glider days ago from the TP, upon doing so I also equipped it on my Character and took it into the New Map to talk to the Scout so I could see it while using it gliding. After numerous tries to speak with the NPC Scout I realized that under my Glider Tab it did not unlock it for me there. I can see it on and I can use it in the new map while it is equipped on me but cannot see it and it remains locked. Find it odd because most other items from Gem store have auto unlocked when purchased or put on. I would appreciate any help in resolving this matter so I can see them when I fly I have provided kitten of my item still locked under the Glider Tab after purchase and you can see I am also wearing it.

Attachments:

Posted by: TaDah.3615

TaDah.3615

trying to kill mordremoth, and when the rift opened for Siearen, the ground gave way around it, requiring me to restart.

That happened to me as well, the ground around a certain rift would disappear and the rift would literally be floating in mid air and you couldn’t reach it, we ended up having to retry 4 times before we got it to work properly.

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Not sure why/if it was related, but since Halloween ended, I only get OOM Crashes in the new HoT maps and much less occasionally in the Borderlands.

Idea – I noticed that I can last longer in a HoT map if I reset the Field of View and camera options to default, then bring field of view in a bit tighter. The new maps are huge and layered. Maybe a checkbox to further limit draw distance (cheat and use the old Silent Hill fog idea) will give more stability to lower end machines? It’s a jungle. It can be misty, right?

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: Mdew.1670

Mdew.1670

so idk if its just me or wat but i cant seems to download the files in the GW2 launching screen, like it starts to download the files but once it reaches 20% it stops. I’v check my internet and check if my drive is full or not.

Posted by: Hawken son of Z.1367

Hawken son of Z.1367

I just completed 100% in Verdant Brink mapping and got nothing :[

doing my completion to make Astralaria , I’m sad… please help me lol

Posted by: rcs.4120

rcs.4120

Fractal Master achievement does not list all the weapons I actually have in my wardrobe preventing getting the achievement. Additionally, unless there are no comments regarding fractals in this forum, the search feature does not work.

Posted by: iwargle.4285

iwargle.4285

Warning, contains story spoilers

Hi, I’ve been having a lot of issues in the Hearts and Minds instance, mainly in the fight with Mordremoth. My biggest issue is that when I die, he resets, which is fine, but his attacks don’t end. (i.e. his ground destroying attack) which is causing him to be full health while the map is now missing portions. The other issue I keep experiencing is that when you need to fly during that map, the game is not launching me or allowing me to fly (which is causing me to die). I really want to finish this instance, but it’s not possible for me with these consistent issues.

Thanks!

Tried again today, and I’m still having the same issues, and now I’m experiencing some of the other bugs other people have noticed (floating rifts). I’m really starting to lose the will to play this game, and that’s bumming me out greatly. Honestly, if I could fly easier during this battle I could live with the rest, but alas, I cannot.

Posted by: Lilliana.2508

Lilliana.2508

I’m having issues with repeatedly disconnecting from the guild hall. I DO have internet issues, but I don’t disconnect in the same manner as this – when I disconnect, I ‘blackscreen’ usually. I have to manually close the program and re-open it. However, when I enter the guild hall, I can’t stay in for more than a few moments before I start disconnecting to the character select screen about every 30 seconds-1 minute or so. I’ve begun downloading the 64 bit client to see if the old client was causing issues (and now have to re-download the whole game, apparently? Even after following directions). That being said, I was wondering if this was an anet thing, or on my end. I also have smaller disconnects that disrupt only guild chat/party/squad usually, and nothing else. Could these be disrupting the Guild Hall instance? I don’t see how a disruption to the chat services would affect an instance, but this isn’t my area of expertise, after all.

Posted by: Cjekov.2059

Cjekov.2059

The recipes for exotic/ascended trailblazer inscriptions and insignias are apparently not even in the game. It has been two weeks and nobody was able to find them.

Posted by: CornKessler.9047

CornKessler.9047

Game crashed at the end of the Dragons Stand meta-event, wasn’t able to rejoin after logging back in, got nothing. Please fix the crashes.

Posted by: Aneko.2534

Aneko.2534

Hello,
I’m not sure if it’s just me or if others are experiencing this. But I’m noticing on my asura revenant that when I dodge/evade an attack, my character occasionally drops a bomb. Also, my revenant seems to be missing the racial abilities that my other asuran characters have. I don’t really use them much(took me this long to realize I didn’t have them) but I hadn’t heard anyone else mention it so I thought I would bring it up.

Revenants not having racial skills is intended.

Thank you for clearing that up. So then am I the only one whose character drops bombs whenever I dodge an attack or get stunned?

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

The below event in Verdant Brink occasionally bugs and thus blocks access to the Shooting Gallery adventure – please fix!

I was just on two different maps where this same quest bugged out – so frustrating as this blocks access to the Shooting Gallery :/

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Hello,
I’m not sure if it’s just me or if others are experiencing this. But I’m noticing on my asura revenant that when I dodge/evade an attack, my character occasionally drops a bomb. Also, my revenant seems to be missing the racial abilities that my other asuran characters have. I don’t really use them much(took me this long to realize I didn’t have them) but I hadn’t heard anyone else mention it so I thought I would bring it up.

Revenants not having racial skills is intended.

Thank you for clearing that up. So then am I the only one whose character drops bombs whenever I dodge an attack or get stunned?

What runes are you using? Maybe Superior Rune of the Citadel?

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

Game crashed at the end of the Dragons Stand meta-event, wasn’t able to rejoin after logging back in, got nothing. Please fix the crashes.

I was probably in the same map as you. About 10% health left, game crashed and couldn’t get in.

That would’ve been my first time beating him. That was the experience Arena Net gave me and I’m assuming many other people.

That’s the climactic battle for players for the expansion maps. A game crashing pathetically programmed game with an unstable client, bad programming and crap servers with whatever knob thinking it would be a GENIUS idea to tie participation to the map and not the player.

I was never more excited to finally beat that meta and because of that, it was the single worst MMO experience I have ever experienced, and I’m 10+ year MMO players.
I’d rather graphical glitches or even progressing blocking bugs than having a game so poorly programmed that you THINK it’s working until it randomly doesn’t, and at the worst possible time, because with those, I at least know I can walk away knowing my effort wasn’t wasted, but here, you can spend 2 or more hours working on a map only to have that effort completely wiped out of existence because, again, some idiot or idiots thought tying participation to the map and not the player was a good idea.

All I know is it has soured me permanently towards Arena Net and I hope it has others too because this sort of shoddy handling is inexcusable.

I think I’m going to quit for a while too. Arena Net isn’t wasting anymore of my time and don’t deserve any more of my money. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

And yes, I’m aware that there’s a 64bit client, from other players, not ANet, and it was released AFTER the launch of expansion. Apparently ANet WANTS you to be playing on an inferior client.
Maybe that was their attempt at making Modremoth more intimidating knowing that he can crash your game and have you waste hours of your life. I mean that’s the only rationale I can think of for the expansion being so poorly handled.

Posted by: Distillia.9834

Distillia.9834

Map Completion/Specialization Collection Tracking

• Mesmer 100% Verdant Brink did not receive ANY map completion reward. (Mesmer has 100% Tyria completion.)
  • Necromancer 100% Verdant Brink did receive map completion reward, but the Item Collection Achievement did not track the acquisition of the Necromancer’s Cache. [screenshot attached] (Necromancer does not have Tyria completion.)
    • Edit: Opening the cache tracks it to the collection. **

Story Progression/Achievements

• Prisoner’s Of The Dragon: Unable to begin achievements, no NPCs to resurrect and the paper note on the ground you cannot interact with. My Friends, the Smiths & Peer Review (3 Attempts made, 2 solo, 1 with a friend.)
  • Strange Observations: I completed both Avoid Traps and Predatory Prey but they did not track in the Story Journal. (2 Attempts made, with friends.)
  • Hearts and Minds: If you die, the instance itself gets really weird. Reality Rifts don’t work or you can’t attack the sub-minions or the boss itself is invulnerable for a time. If you die and are playing with a friend you’re sent to “jail” leaving them alone to die or finish it solo (this seems intended but makes a buggy fight longer than necessary since you have to start over). On the 3rd reset we finally defeated him but the “Deal the Final Blow” was on the opposite side of the stage, nowhere near the downed boss or reality rift. I found it by accident and was able to complete the story.

Skill Related

• Necromancer’s Tainted Shackles (Skill 5 in Death Shroud) often selects 1 mob instead of 5 individual; in other words it puts all the shackles on to 1 rather than distributing, even when all mobs are within the radius. It seems to break off faster now as well. This is often, but not all the time.

Attachments:

(edited by Distillia.9834)

Posted by: benholloway.2305

benholloway.2305

Tiny update of 15 files, keeps going down to 0kb/sec. I eventually got it down to 3 files but now it just goes straight down to 0kb/sec.

Posted by: Knoppe.8712

Knoppe.8712

This is probably old news but thought I might post it anyway due to the map completion bug fix.

Just completed Auric Basin map completion and still no reward. Note, the character has 100% map completion in the core game. Map completion works though on characters that do not have 100% map completion in the core game.

Posted by: Kail.6210

Kail.6210

Seemed to have lost my map completion progress on all HoT maps. Only the hero points remained but Way Points, POIs, and Vistas have been reset. It acts as if I have yet to discover any of the areas when I already 100%ed Verdant Brink and progressed in other areas as well.

Screen shot shows my hero points, but everything else is zeroed out. I really do not want to rediscover the HoT maps again in order to participate in meta events. Please…

Attachments:

Posted by: kirima san.3760

kirima san.3760

I think this bug is only to do with Mordrem Guard Sniper.

While playing my Chronomancer in Tangled Depths whenever I used “Decoy”, the skill that makes you gain stealth for a bit of time, the Mordrem Guard Sniper would still follow me, aim at me and hit me.

Posted by: Spellbreak.5621

Spellbreak.5621

Hello,

First of all – Fractal Skin collection – I had dagger before HoT, but in the achievement tab it isn’t counted.
2nd – I’ve got the Verdant Brink 100% exploration, but didn’t get any reward (Elementalist)

(edited by Spellbreak.5621)

Posted by: BladeBaT.9203

BladeBaT.9203

Hi!

I’m stuck in Story “Prologue: Rally to Maguuma”.
I have only this task checked and greyed out:
– Check in with Marjory and Kasmeer.
– Check in with Canach and Taimi.
– Gather at the rally point leading into the Maguuma jungle.

Completed with my brother and get the reward (I completed even two mission after, always with reward).
That’s a problem because I can’t unlock the masteries.

I tried:
- Quit this chapter. Continue this chapter. [NOTHING]
- going to different chapters and back again. [NOTHING]

please HELP US!!!
(because I’m not the only one stucked in this limbo)

Posted by: linda.8306

linda.8306

hello i compleated 3 maps- verdant brink,-Auric basin,in thiose map cpmleatuin i got no revard for finishing..known it was a bug..wich was fixed today..after the fix i finished Tangled Death..but still nothing..3 maps done and no items…when will this be fixed and will we get the map finish revards?

Posted by: SlayerGT.6805

SlayerGT.6805

Also getting the bug where I’m not getting rewards (in arrears) for non-core map completion on a character that has 100% core completion. Got rewards for a previously completed/newly completed Dry Top or Silverwastes on multiple other characters, but not on that one (she has had both completed before HoT release). Have not managed to complete any HoT maps yet, but I’m assuming it’d be the same with those as well.

Posted by: Kiara Amorele.3407

Kiara Amorele.3407

My issue is my update for the heart of thorns last week crashed the whole computer update would not complete and now the game will not load at all. Took four days before the actual Mac would even work again and had to redownload the client and it still will not work.

Posted by: Tring.7042

Tring.7042

The AoE indicator is not working as intended. Sometimes the circle will be green when you’re out of range, and red when you’re still in the range.

Posted by: Puffershark.2489

Puffershark.2489

Add me to the list of people who aren’t getting rewards on map completion! I heard the bug had been fixed, so I finished off Verdant Brink with my Tempest. Nothin’ but experience, which was odd. He has 100% world complete in core Tyria.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mikeeee.4193

Mikeeee.4193

like some people above me said,add me to list of people who didn’t get map completion reward(verdant brink)I want the reward and I need it for the legendary(in the future) so fix this or send me that gift for completion,thanks (feel free to check my acc,I have 100%)

Posted by: zhijie.8631

zhijie.8631

Hello,i want upgrade 2 infused ascended ring in the Mystic Forge using 1 Agonized Essence, 1 +1 Agony Infusion and 1 Philosopher’s Stone?but Mystic Forge interface does not show my rings.

Attachments: