Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Torn From the Sky:

I’m running another alt into HoT and chose Dug In this time. Having done it a few times already I went ahead after killing the rogue sylvari without waiting for the dialogue to finish below; I cleared out the pocket raptors atop the hill while the npc’s chattered.

Now Agent Gunnard isn’t triggering in the green circle to say there’s nothing here, let’s go into the wreckage. Time to restart the segment!

Posted by: MoDollaz.8293

MoDollaz.8293

Tribute to Ancient Theign is part of the 1st tier precursor crafting for Bitfrost. I am not able to tribute my bloodstone dust because the function is under a hero point. I’ve tried going in first person and trying multiple spots with no luck. I’m a male norn so I think I may be to tall? Anyways this is extremely frustrating as it’s just the 1st part of the 1st tier and I’m already stuck.

Posted by: Smooticus.2854

Smooticus.2854

got map completion on 2 maps on my engineer the first completion being on day 5 after release, did not get my fix-r-upper wrench that I so desire. 13/14 cannot progress until they fix this bug.

Smooticus – Charr Engineer
Kaineng

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Just ran guild missions for the week and they are still EXTREMELY broken. People still arent getting personal rewards, guild rushes that overlap with other guilds wont finish, the guild portal sends people to their death, etc

This should have been a fun night and it was just pure frustration – on everyone’s part. Please Anet – make guild missions fun again. Fix the bugs.

Posted by: Noitack.8327

Noitack.8327

100% HoT Map… No Reward

All HoT map progress got reset two days ago…

This is ridiculous

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

OOM crashes are not as frequent and now largely limited to HoT maps, but still happening. Usually can go 1 hr, 30 mins about before it happens.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: ekaw.7431

ekaw.7431

CRASHES OFTEN, especially in HoT areas and groups. Video will stutter 1 or 2 frames, might clear, more often quits out. Sometimes clean to desktop, most times not and I’ll have to force quit. Lowest video settings may help some, but will still eventually crash.

Happens regularly after 10-15 mins. Sooner when in large groups. I’ve missed the end of MANY events because of it. Virtually UNPLAYABLE for any length of time.

Before HoT I rarely had crashes even on higher video settings. It doesn’t seem to crash as much in pre-HoT areas, but I may just not be playing there as long.

It’s very frustrating because the new content is awesome. Please make it stop crashing.

Posted by: Aapheus.5780

Aapheus.5780

Still cannot complete the last chapter, because the updrafts and glider function only ~50% of the time.

“Sharpen your blades and protect your vitals — I’m back!”

Posted by: Hailfyre.1935

Hailfyre.1935

Posted by: BrokenxKing.6973

BrokenxKing.6973

Unable to collect Chak Enzymes which means i cannot progress in the story i don’t know what to do as restarting the chapter killing 100’s of Chack and talking to Nuhoch have yielded nothing please help me understand what is going on

Posted by: Temp.6035

Temp.6035

Getting the same problem as other people with 100% Tyria Map completion before HoT, haven’t received any rewards for map completion of any of the new areas on my Guardian (and I’ve completed all 4).

Posted by: Hiusku.3815

Hiusku.3815

Still no reward for completing Verdant Brink…. and Auric Basin too….

Posted by: dafalin.4396

dafalin.4396

100% Tyria Map completion before HoT, Verdant Brink Map completion didn’t give me any reward.

Posted by: Daos.5439

Daos.5439

Outpost: Noble Crash Site
Event bugs out at Lord Faren’s training, specifically the Master Bongo clones. Unsure if its due to fear causing one of the clones to misbehave or whatever else.

Bug makes it impossible to complete event, and unlock the Shooting Gallery challenge.

Posted by: Jokdark.4706

Jokdark.4706

Bolt III: Zap
Two collection items are bugged:
(a) Illuminated Overcharged Quartz (“Use the Luminates Plant in Metric Province to add illumination to a piece of charged quartz”)
(b) Strangely Overcharged Quartz (“Use the Strange Energy Source in Timberline Falls to add some strange energy to a piece of charged quartz”)
When I bring a charged quartz crystal to one of these hero points, I don’t get the option to overcharge a crystal, so I can’t get the collection item

Posted by: Jack o Blades.7602

Jack o Blades.7602

my story line is bugged, upon playing with a friend i’m now stuck in the tutorial instance and am unable to leave, and thus unable to play. quite frustrating because it’s my level 80 character with quite a lot of invested hours. When the game asked me to accept my progress in the personal story, i had not expected it to cause my char to become unplayable.
I have also filed a report in game, but nothing has changed yet.

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

Any infused fractal ring that was obtained pre-fractured, so it had the +5 agony resist built in, cannot be infused in the mystic forge. I have both a Red Ring of Death and a Crystalline Band equipped to my character that I cannot use in the mystic forge with the other materials required (the philosopher’s stone, the +1 agony infusion, and the agonized essence). This means that I am without the extra agony infusion slots to help me tackle higher level fractals until this is fixed.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Posted by: PeerkeG.2653

PeerkeG.2653

Bought the expansion last friday. Have been playing for some time, but not longer than aprox. 30 mins in a row. Game keeps crashing. Please fix!!!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Takimoto.5417

Takimoto.5417

I was running around Verdant Brink on my necromancer, and the game crashed.

Whatever it was seems to be permanent, as I can log back into other characters, but get this error message every time I attempt to log into my necromancer.

http://cl.ly/image/0l0J3I2h3u0r

Ironically, it says “success” as the title.

———

UPDATE:

Fully uninstalling and reinstalling the Mac client fixed the aforementioned bug.

It also fixed this…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Issue-Reports-Heart-of-Thorns-Merged/page/56#post5730653

Just an average WvW/GvG player.

http://youtube.com/sonspring

(edited by Takimoto.5417)

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

For some reason i got invisible spore, and i cant add it to DarkHarvest collection, it got added to thief collection instead. do i rly need to drop it multiple times? Or should it just get added to my item collection?

Attachments:

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

Posted by: Morlayna.5816

Morlayna.5816

I completed verdant brink map, but received no reward. My husbands also completed it, but received his reward, from what i understand it is a known bug, but putting mine out there as well. I do have map complete on Tryia

Posted by: KLC.6304

KLC.6304

I just now had time to look at our Specialization Collection’s. There are so many things to take in with the expansion, so tons still I haven’t looked at.
But anyway, I posted up above that no map rewards were given out for my characters completing Verdant brink and now looking at this collection I see where I am required to finish these maps inorder to receive;

Ranger Cache: Needed A Magus Falls completed map on a Ranger. Once completed you get an Ascended Yggdrasil Staff.
Necromancer’s Cache: Needed A Magus Falls completed map on a Necro. Once completed you get an Ascended Dark Harvest Greatsword.

As I said I have done a map complete in Verdant Brink on a Ranger and a Necro. No Caches were awarded to either.
When will this be fixed?

(edited by KLC.6304)

Posted by: Jumpers.5069

Jumpers.5069

The Mistward Skin collections are Soulbound on acquire, which is ridiculous because the chest can pop-up on any character, even those who can’t use heavy armor. It would make much more sense to make them Soulbound after choosing their stats, like other items from achievements (Tempest warhorn, Druid staff, Berserker helm, e tc.).

Posted by: Darcness.2408

Darcness.2408

been having horrendous frame-rate drops since a recent patch occurred.

Posted by: Jaybird.7631

Jaybird.7631

Just finished auric basin. No rewards or achievement. I have a ticket in for verdant brink and now auric.

Posted by: ariel.5038

ariel.5038

Challenged Champion Potoni the Massive to a fight using the the Nuhoch Proving mastery. Killed him, but did not get either the achievement or the mastery point.

Did get the reward chest.

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

“Avoid traps” achievement in HoT act 2 is bugged, I did it perfect, never hit a tap, but never got the achievement. or else the description is missing something.

Posted by: Donald.6379

Donald.6379

“On Wings of Gold” Adventure is not giving me rewards. The first time I completed it, I got gold, but no rewards. On subsequent attempts, I got bronze, silver, and gold, but never any rewards. My game now shows that I have gold on the daily tab, but only bronze on the lifetime tab.

edit: I did get the rewards upon changing characters and emptying my delivery box.

Attachments:

(edited by Donald.6379)

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Dragon’s stand map just kicked everybody out right before entering the last event to kill the Mouth.

EDIT: The timer still had some 25mins left on it

(edited by Maris.3164)

Posted by: Atanna.5492

Atanna.5492

I’ve completed Verdant Brink and Auric Basin on multiple characters, no map reward for any of them. All characters that I’ve brought to HoT have 100% Tyria map completion, as I have 6 professions that have 100% Tyria Map Completion.

please fix / retro-reward once it’s fixed.

ty

Posted by: SableHaze.3870

SableHaze.3870

Bolt III: Zap Bugs:

The Strange Energy Source Hero Point in Timberline Falls and the Luminates Plant Hero Point in Metrica Province are not working with the Charged Quartz on the Bolt III: Zap achievement. Been going on two weeks without a fix or even a mention.

Posted by: Tartan.2408

Tartan.2408

Dragon’s stand map just kicked everybody out right before entering the last event to kill the Mouth.

EDIT: The timer still had some 25mins left on it

Just had the same happen 10mins ago… all 3 bosses killed, everyone heading to the final fight… then bam, new map 0% progress.

Posted by: Bwembo.8531

Bwembo.8531

I have been trying to complete the Defeat Mordremoth story and it is rather frustrating when that stupid Modremoth actually breaks up the rock area where the rifts are opened. The rifts are now opened out in the abyss with no way to reach it and that makes it impossible to do anything except get beaten to death and try again. He does it about every other time. I watched it three times at least but sometimes I was facing the other way so I only heard it. I reported the bug rather angrily with a screenshot of the rift out in nothingness. Also, the stupid updrafts were hardly working. I launched on one, for example, and no glider. I simply was raised about three times my normal jumping ability and down I went. I only managed to get the updraft successful one phase. Every other time it bugged out and I never left the ground. Three repair canisters and a lot of time and frustration for a story that never was truly tested properly. if it was properly tested, there would be a lot less complaints. I can put up with a few little bugs here and there but this is crazier than anything I remember back when I played WoW and their patches were pretty buggy!

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

Well today i was gliding and accepted my ley line mastery while gliding. Once I did that, i started gliding backwards. So i respawned, went to get my Dragon chest reward and still I could only glide backwards. Had to restart the game. Just an FYI. Was weird.

SBI

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

We’ve noticed that guild members that have not played in over 2 years are showing on the map 24/7 and are not moving. At first it was only 2 people showing on the 23rd, now 5 people are appearing on everyone’s maps.

Posted by: leertaste.5714

leertaste.5714

Map completion issue in HoT as well, my revenant with no tyria-map-completion got the reward no problem, my mesmer with 100% tyria didn’t get the map completion chest.
Only item missing for Horologicus :<

Posted by: alexanderyount.7304

alexanderyount.7304

Did not receive Verdant Brink 100% map completion rewards on my engineer or my necromancer. All 7 of my other toons (of each of the other classes) received map completion reward as normal. I have not 100% completed any of the other Magus Falls maps on any character yet, and the missing Verdant Brink map reward for these two character can be shown by their 100% map completion record, but LACK of class specific specialization collection Cache. The one rewarded for GETTING 100% map completion on a Magus Falls Map. More over, I am now missing 2 Gift of the Fleet out of 9 possible. This means that, unless a patch is instituted to retroactively reward these two characters, I cannot craft 2 of my 9 Gift of Maguuma.

Posted by: alexanderyount.7304

alexanderyount.7304

HoT Act 1 story achievements “Peer Review” and “My Friends, the Smiths” cannot be activated. The first page of the former achievement cannot be interacted with, and activating NPC of the latter achievement does not spawn at all.

Posted by: Make.5087

Make.5087

I completed “Bugs in the branches” mini game with gold reward and didn’t get any mastery points as reward. This happened with any other mini game, no mastery points as reward.

Attachments:

Posted by: SilentSoul.4891

SilentSoul.4891

Completed Verdant Brink, and Auric Basin and no Completion rewards. Which means days of grinding for ascended new weapon skin turned out to be a “bug fix” gated achievement.

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

100% completed all the new zones. did not get any map completion rewards at all.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

Posted by: Noor.1950

Noor.1950

Hi, I just want to say that I can’t complete the last story (number 16, “Hearts and Minds”) as there are problems with rifts not spawning, while the mobs you have to fight become invulnerable. Tried to reset by letting the mobs kill me but it doesn’t solve the problem. I’ve left the story several times for a full restart, I’ve chosen different allies to accompany me, but the rifts not spawning seems to be a recurrent issue. Hope you guys can solve this very soon as I would love to complete the HoT story line!

Wynorah – Sylvari ranger… and pet lover ;)
Ring of Fire

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

hello,

it’s been the 3rd time I’m searching almost everywhere over the last 2 weeks and I can’t believe I’m the only one in this case : I don’t see the green star in order to begin the new story content, i.e. Prologue: Rally to Maguuma – Heart of Thorns

if someone could tell me if this is normal or how to fix this I’d be really grateful

thank you

Several of the quests don’t result in a clear green star — the first one just has text directing you to the right map (silverwastes) … I assumed this is because access to that map isn’t universal. Once you get to silverwastes, you’ll see a green star near the red fort.

Later on, there are some missions where there’s no green star but there is a green circle, and you use a proximity sensor within the circle.

Posted by: Rumpo.7832

Rumpo.7832

I recently tried doing the HoT personal story on one of my characters. Basically every instance bugged out for me before because I wanted to be too fast, however it now bugged for me on one of the intermediate steps(see screenshot).

This happened because I volunteered to a different map while the last Taimi Hologram was still talking, thinking I could skip some dialogue I’d already heard 5 times before. I’ve tried quitting and restarting it already, but it just went back to the same spot. Now I can’t continue the story for the chak/leystone skins.

Attachments:

Posted by: Bloem.4839

Bloem.4839

Hello,

I’ve completed VB and Auric Bassin 100% and I still have no completion reward.
I’m playing a 100% map completion in Tyria character and I would really appriciate the reward for the weapon collection track at the very least.

Posted by: Grolsch.5049

Grolsch.5049

Completed Silverwastes and Verdant Brink 100% today, but no rewards. Got 100% Tyria, so yeah..

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I would like to add myself to the list of peple suffering from missing map completion rewards for Verdant Brink. 100% Tyria unlocked on the affected character as well.

I would also like to point out that the Ley-Energy Matter Converter unlocks reset. Is this a bug as well or is that actually intended?

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I found an issue with barbed thorns in the treasury. In our case it asks for 600 in total, but I can only put 100 in, despite having all 600 in inventory.

Attachments:

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Jaybird.7631

Jaybird.7631

Just finished map completion on tangled depths. No rewards or achievements again. that’s 3 new zones so far and 3 tickets

Posted by: Galin.6378

Galin.6378

Got no reward for verdant brink 100% map completion. I need send ticket?

Attachments: