Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Anhea.7450

Anhea.7450

I am so unbelievably kittened off at the final quest of HoT. Nothing works. I’ve spent the past 1.5 hours fighting Mordremoth, repeatedly having the vents not launch my character into the air. Then I randomly get DC’d. I come back in, finish Braham’s fight, then complete Caith’s fight, only to have the story not trigger after attempting to activate the rift 20+ times.

I have spent 3 days trying to do this crap.
It must be the most bug ridden fight i have ever enocounted and totaly ruins the story.
So much is wrong with this quest the dev’s dont seem to care.

Posted by: Shaykh.1503

Shaykh.1503

Hello, I having a problems with Guild Wars 2, I’m siting on pc for 2days now and trying solve the problems but seems it’s not so easy as I thought. My Dawnloader shuts down or gives me Arena net error or jus start to " not responding". It’s a shame when you buy game and you can’t play it… I’m contacting thrue the email with Gw2 support but they still sending a unusefull information. Any way I’m still wana to play this game and I hope the support team will help me solve this.
For contact with me, leaving my email. vaiciulis.rimantas339@gmail.com

Posted by: Ninjacricket.3590

Ninjacricket.3590

Found all locations for the exalted masks for achievement “No Mask Left Behind” in Auric Basin. All gave me check marks for credit except one that seemed to glitch for me. My guild mates all picked it up and got credit but I could not even see it. My achievement still shows I need it though. I cannot finish to get the Aurillium node for my home instance because of this. Please help!

Attachments:

Posted by: Shumani.7165

Shumani.7165

Unable to verify the guild wars 2 executable. I cant even re-install after removing it. I followed all possible remedies and non have worked. Was playing good last night and just found this issue this morning.

Posted by: Siveoko.2819

Siveoko.2819

Please post your reports of issues with HoT in this thread. That will allow our teams to review your reports and deal with them as promptly at possible.

Hello … can you please make another line for that shared slot ? I have 8×20 slots and I have in every line special items like in last I have Bag for crafting materials and one line before is ( Invisible bag ) so everything was moved +1 slot and now I have 1 slot from invisible bag in line for crafting material :/

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

My game keeps crashing in the major events, no idea whats causing it, and i don’t appear to be the only one affected by this, i’m yet to ever complete the Forbidden City event and the Giant bug lane one crashed as i was running to the reward chest..

Kinda pointless participating if it crashes everytime.

Posted by: Tyrael.9745

Tyrael.9745

I know it’s nothing major, but my charr’s eyebrows are clipping throw the Mistward Helm.

Posted by: Harpist.4231

Harpist.4231

I have not received any of my achievements (gained in pvp) over the last 4 days> I have completed the dailyachievements each day and received a reward chest for doing so and have the achievement listed but this has not changed my total.

Posted by: projectpat.4156

projectpat.4156

Error “Game client lost connection to server” Running into this error constantly today. I am on Darkhaven server and at no point am I losing my actual internet connection when this happens.
Windows 10 Pro
I7 4790k CPU @ 4.0
1920×1080 60Hz
16 GB ram
SSD
2 GB GTX 950 Driver 364.72
Internet is @ around 18 MB Time Warner Cable

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Gliding Bug of Death:
I “suspect” that this is another “unknown” attack mode by either the vines themselves or their Modrem allies. Each time it’s happened to me, it was preceded by a flash of blue light from below my character. In my experience, however, this “event” is too random (seemingly) to allow for any “reasonable” defense action.

ANET: Is this “speculation” correct??

Posted by: SnowPumpkin.1809

SnowPumpkin.1809

So annoyed by the crashes, and it’s not just the crashes and errors every few hrs but you could be mid event with a great team and come back to a different map. Unless you squad or party up you out of luck. There needs to be a fix for that so you can get back into the previous map somehow, so unfair. I should add that these crashes are during big events in Verdant Brick.

(edited by SnowPumpkin.1809)

Posted by: Tiyako.8912

Tiyako.8912

i’m having this issue where cutscenes in HoT goes black but sound and subtitle can be heard and scene

Posted by: matthewr.3980

matthewr.3980

My game crashed 4-5 times in an hour and half time period. Doing random things. Even just running through Lion’s Arch.

VERY IRRITATING on the HoT meta maps, where you’re not guaranteed to be able to get back onto your original map.

Crashed when patriarch was at 10% hp left, never got the chest. Crashed yesterday when Chak Gerent was almost killed, never got the achievement for completing that lane. Just really sucky.

Posted by: DarkAikan.5408

DarkAikan.5408

In “Torn from the sky” I can’t continue after the green circle on the hill if I choose to reïnforce my position. the wreckage won’t be searched and I can’t complete the mission.

Posted by: Hazteur.8165

Hazteur.8165

So Ive been continuously crashing on when flying in area with the battle of Modi. Last time I crashed on the way to get my chest. I’m running the 64 client. When I logged back in I get a check you network connection error. This is a annoying and basically I cant run DS cause 1.5 hours of work just to get DCed with ability to return several times is a punch in the monitor kinda crime. This wasn’t an issure pre- April patch, now it is.

Posted by: Isaphiel.6047

Isaphiel.6047

My game keeps crashing during or at the end of HoT meta events. If this happens in auric basin it’s not that bad considering I can still get back in the map if I’m in a party/squad. But in dragons stand it’s just infuriating. This event takes quite some time and when the game crashes shortly after the mouth is defeated it’s not possible to get into that map again (I don’t know if that is intentional, just keeps saying something about an network error). This means no chest and no noxious pods.
As it seems I’m not the only one with this problem it would be nice to know if this issue is known and if it is looked into.

Posted by: Kreiri.9048

Kreiri.9048

Air vents in Hearts and Minds still won’t work sometimes (rather, sooner or later). The “protective shield” still doesn’t shield.

Posted by: Jura.2170

Jura.2170

Half of the stacks of ores and wood I sell on the Black Lion Trading Post are never listed in part or full on my Selling page and I never receive money for them. It still takes money from me for the sales listing fee

Sometimes ordering things on the Trading Post will take money from me for the order, but the order will only be partly listed or won’t appear at all

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Every. Single. Time I join Dragons Stand, it is empty. I’m usually literally the only player there, even if I joined just as the map refreshed. (2h on the time remaining clock).
The only way to find other players, seems to be to use the LFG-workaround.

This can not be how it’s intended to work.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Posted by: Lemonsinasoup.2691

Lemonsinasoup.2691

Every time I try to play the very first act, my game crashes after or when returning to the base camp… The error message is nonexistent, it just displays a pure white box with no labels on it whatsoever. I crash all the time but never to this severity. I hadn’t bought the expansion yet because i hoped the issues would be worked out by the time I did but that’s clearly not the case.. I’ve ‘surveyed the wreckage’ 6 times now, and counting.

Posted by: Lemonsinasoup.2691

Lemonsinasoup.2691

Every time I try to play the very first act, my game crashes after or when returning to the base camp… The error message is nonexistent, it just displays a pure white box with no labels on it whatsoever. I crash all the time but never to this severity. I hadn’t bought the expansion yet because i hoped the issues would be worked out by the time I did but that’s clearly not the case.. I’ve ‘surveyed the wreckage’ 6 times now, and counting.

Happened again, I get to the Mordrem Champion and it crashes without fail. Got further than ever just by choosing the other option, but I’m really upset by this. I just wanna be able to explore masteries..

Posted by: Aldaryn.4376

Aldaryn.4376

In City of Hope and Strange Observations story missions, Ruka and Kiru’s left shoulder is clipping behind them and their hands are extended 3 times their normal length.

80 Human Thief 80 Charr Warrior
80 Asura Elementalist 80 Norn Guardian
80 Sylvari Mesmer 80 Human Revenant

Posted by: Kanta.6239

Kanta.6239

I need to rage here. I have done the DS meta 14 times. Of those 14 times, my Mac client has crashed 9 times during the mordremoth fight at the end. Of those 9 crashes, 7 of them i could not get back in to the world i was in. I got world full error about 10 times, then i started getting network error. Restarting client did not help either error. So, after hours of work, i got f***ed, repeatedly. Crashing happens. It is the incompetent, lazy, and pathetic lack of error recovery in the code that is what really kittenes me off. As a developer, the first thing I do is ensure I can recover gracefully and that I have the right error handling in my code. Anet, you need new leadership in your dev org.

/rage off

Posted by: ThatBlokeWithATopHat.5172

ThatBlokeWithATopHat.5172

In Auric Basin all the Exalted NPC’s and Enchanted Armor models are messed up. Their finger sections are flying and even orbiting their bodies, parts of their body and plating are out of place and everything stretches and clips. This issue also effects players using tonics to appear as the Exalted. The mini’s are seemingly uneffected.
After seeing the Exalted twisted like this since the 3rd of May and playing through the map since I would like this addressed. It is ugly.

Posted by: msbehnke.3960

msbehnke.3960

Mac client seems to be crashing more often over the last couple weeks, especially in wvw. Frustrating when you are tagged and then can’t get back in because of the queues. I never had any issues pre-HoT with crashing.

Mathaais, Guardian [WolF] IoJ Commander

Posted by: Zonatailurus.1764

Zonatailurus.1764

In Auric Basin all the Exalted NPC’s and Enchanted Armor models are messed up. Their finger sections are flying and even orbiting their bodies, parts of their body and plating are out of place and everything stretches and clips. This issue also effects players using tonics to appear as the Exalted. The mini’s are seemingly uneffected.
After seeing the Exalted twisted like this since the 3rd of May and playing through the map since I would like this addressed. It is ugly.

I’ve been having the same issue, but what’s weird is when I asked other people around me if they see what I’m seeing they reply with a quick “no”.

Attachments:

Posted by: Shinsha.8504

Shinsha.8504

Heart of Thorns
Act 3 : Roots of Terror
Chak Killer – Master

On 8 separate occasions Sweett.8735 has done this achievement, and everyone (various groups and players) get the achievement after the pit is cleaned out, but she is the only one who doesn’t get this final achievement for the mastery point in this chapter. It doesn’t matter if she starts the storyline or not.

Is there a work a round for this glitch, or can they just award it to her because there is a game error (or corruption on the file server end) preventing it from showing on her account?

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Posted by: Sylel.3052

Sylel.3052

Grrr…, I have crashed so many times over the past few days that I’ve been off more than online playing (TRYING TO) GW2! Keep getting a message saying the client has lost connection with the server. I could say it was my internet connection, however, it just started this a few days ago and I’ve not changed my connection settings nor has my provider changed. Someone please do something.

Posted by: NerokuTD.3467

NerokuTD.3467

So, I can’t progress in the HoT story as the “Earn your Exalted markings mastery” objective won’t progress even though I have earned it. I earned the mastery while I did not have the quest active which is probably the issue, but come on, how can it not pick up the fact that I have it active? Here’s a screenshot:

*FIXED

Attachments:

(edited by NerokuTD.3467)

Posted by: Rex.6954

Rex.6954

Ticket number 2210394:Client will not launch.
Tried the repair client through terminal.app nothing.
Do you or do you not want us to play the game?
Just say the word and I will take my money else were.

Posted by: Kaimali.6158

Kaimali.6158

Grrr…, I have crashed so many times over the past few days that I’ve been off more than online playing (TRYING TO) GW2! Keep getting a message saying the client has lost connection with the server. I could say it was my internet connection, however, it just started this a few days ago and I’ve not changed my connection settings nor has my provider changed. Someone please do something.

This has also been the case for me. Absolutely nothing has changed in my provider or other setup, all I can think of that’s changed is the patch that came through.

Posted by: RUNICBLACK.7630

RUNICBLACK.7630

I reported this to support and gone thru multiple follow ups without any success,basically that they are aware of the issue but they have no idea when or if the issue will be resolved. and per support suggestion that I post this on the forum itself in the hopes that a developer will get involved directly.
The long and short of it is that approximately over a month ago I reported an issue that where I finished all of the achievements for Act 1 of the Heart of Thorn story line but I was not awarded either Amulet or the Mastery point, advised them of this and mentioned that I was more concerned with the Mastery point than the Amulet but either way I was asking if they could do anything. The next day they sent me the Amulet but advised me that any fix on the Mastery point would probably have wait until a major patch. Well I waited thru multiple patch including the Spring Balance Patch and I have contacted them multiple times with the response that we are aware of it and working on it. This issue started with me have 5 of the needed 12 Mastery points but now I’m at 11 of the needed 12 and this is for the last Mastery line in HoT, actually the last Mastery line point baring the Raid line. The only points that I have not acquired are a few of the Adventure Silver and Gold Achievements and I am having a particularly difficult time.
with them.

Correction there is still the Lore related one in Tangled Depths which I can still get without dealing with carpal tunnel on the adventures but to be honest if I could a response on this other than we are aware of it and working on it I would greatly appreciate it.
Please note I am fully aware that the programming code issues are more similar to shooting at a moving target in that you modify one things and it changes 20 others, I’m just looking for something other than the standard canned response.
Thank you for your time.

Posted by: RUNICBLACK.7630

RUNICBLACK.7630

I reported this to support and gone thru multiple follow ups without any success,basically that they are aware of the issue but they have no idea when or if the issue will be resolved. and per support suggestion that I post this on the forum itself in the hopes that a developer will get involved directly.
The long and short of it is that approximately over a month ago I reported an issue that where I finished all of the achievements for Act 1 of the Heart of Thorn story line but I was not awarded either Amulet or the Mastery point, advised them of this and mentioned that I was more concerned with the Mastery point than the Amulet but either way I was asking if they could do anything. The next day they sent me the Amulet but advised me that any fix on the Mastery point would probably have wait until a major patch. Well I waited thru multiple patch including the Spring Balance Patch and I have contacted them multiple times with the response that we are aware of it and working on it. This issue started with me have 5 of the needed 12 Mastery points but now I’m at 11 of the needed 12 and this is for the last Mastery line in HoT, actually the last Mastery line point baring the Raid line. The only points that I have not acquired are a few of the Adventure Silver and Gold Achievements and I am having a particularly difficult time.
with them.

Correction there is still the Lore related one in Tangled Depths which I can still get without dealing with carpal tunnel on the adventures but to be honest if I could a response on this other than we are aware of it and working on it I would greatly appreciate it.
Please note I am fully aware that the programming code issues are more similar to shooting at a moving target in that you modify one things and it changes 20 others, I’m just looking for something other than the standard canned response.
Update: Along with sending a ticket to Support I also put a bug ticket on it in game when the issue happened.
Thank you for your time.

Posted by: teiendari.8791

teiendari.8791

trying to do the hearts and minds instance. still unable to glide on second phase. braham has no shelter, npcs do not rez. rinse. repeat. just want the backpiece piece & leystone box. had hoped spring patch would fix it.

Posted by: MadMatt.6072

MadMatt.6072

Can’t even get it running. My friend just bought the game for me and sent the code. The code keeps getting turned down.

Posted by: Aechidna.3084

Aechidna.3084

I’m just gonna boost this again with a link to this entire thread since we just encountered almost every single bug including the one I last commented with:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Heart-and-Minds-Final-Story-Step-Bugs/page/2#post6165532

How can it be possible that such a huge part of the expansion just simply flat out doesn’t work?

(edited by Aechidna.3084)

Posted by: syris.8529

syris.8529

I can’t even stay in game for long at all. If I go into Verdant Brink I’m fine but after a few minutes my game crashes. I get the message from Windows saying the game crashed. If I try logging back into that character the game crashes again on the leading screen leaving me unable to log back into that character for a good ten or so minutes. I changed to the 64-bit client and made sure I had my video driver up to date and no luck. I have no trouble at all if I go anywhere in Central Tyria but the moment I go into Verdant Brink I know to expect a crash at some point.

Posted by: Noriya.9321

Noriya.9321

Tried 2 nights in a row with different groups to beat Hearts and Minds. Ran into every reported bug. Mordy wouldn’t stun at the final rifts stage. He would freeze solid when you beat him and the game wouldn’t progress. (Had to relog to unstick it.) Gliding was impossible at the last gliding stage, as kept getting knocked out of the air and onto the platforms over and over. Couldn’t rez from platforms. Tried with 4, and then 2 people. Same issues. I am really disheartened because I need this for a collection and I want to see how it ends!! We tried 4 times, about 2.5 hours in total and each time the game bugged out and we could not beat it because Mordy froze or was not stunned, and we didn’t have enough people left to cc him.

This really needs to be fixed. The expansion has been out for 2/3 of a year now and I can’t complete the story quest. Please fix!

Posted by: monkisaurus.9503

monkisaurus.9503

I was retrying “The Floor Is Lava?” to try to get gold.

Was awarded the bronze and silver chest twice (though not a third time). Did not span a daily reset.

Posted by: Amane.9158

Amane.9158

It seems ever since the latest patch gliding has become different for my characters. Before when I would hit an updraft the endurance would refill and not begin to deplete until I had left the updraft. Now I hit the updraft and the second it refills from hitting it it begins to deplete (meaning I’m still going upwards on the updraft but the endurance is depleting before I make it to the top of that updraft). This doesn’t seem right…

Posted by: Slaiu.6437

Slaiu.6437

Is there a possibility to increase head skin(Grenth Hood) color grids? Cause there are not enough grids to use in the store we purchased

Posted by: abcruziii.9405

abcruziii.9405

There is a range bug with Relentless Assault.

The range is 450 but testing it with a training golem, Precision Strike will reach the golem at maximum range but Relentless Assault will not.

Attachments:

Posted by: Firmicute.3876

Firmicute.3876

Tried 2 nights in a row with different groups to beat Hearts and Minds. Ran into every reported bug. Mordy wouldn’t stun at the final rifts stage. He would freeze solid when you beat him and the game wouldn’t progress. (Had to relog to unstick it.) Gliding was impossible at the last gliding stage, as kept getting knocked out of the air and onto the platforms over and over. Couldn’t rez from platforms. Tried with 4, and then 2 people. Same issues. I am really disheartened because I need this for a collection and I want to see how it ends!! We tried 4 times, about 2.5 hours in total and each time the game bugged out and we could not beat it because Mordy froze or was not stunned, and we didn’t have enough people left to cc him.

This really needs to be fixed. The expansion has been out for 2/3 of a year now and I can’t complete the story quest. Please fix!

I can only second that.. Tried to fly, wasnt able, died on the floor, weren’t able to rally from the smothering shadows, NPCS werent able to rez me..

I soloed that kitten and now I have to do it all again because they can even put a )/"%/§/%§ checkpoint in?
(why not after each rift phase? I mean, for the bunny-fight in city of hope we were able to just kill it over and over because the health didnt go down, but here… the whole fight thats already unnecessarily long with the invuln-phases and mordy putting aoes under the rift….

uuuugh

also

MOVEMENT in prized possessions is as bugged as a swarm of locusts after a long drought…
Sometimes my character freezes in place, makes the running animation but behaves as if shes running against an invisible wall. This also happens during gliding with the result of death.
It happens at certain parts, sometimes when touching a pustule.. I though maybe I´ve hit L, but nah, when I run around before F bashes through the left wall my character can run normally.
the 2 skill, dragon surge doesn’t work while gliding in 90% of the time, usually NO skill is available when I glide.. So pressing 1→ every skill is grey and locked out until I land back on the floor and wait. after a second delay the skills are usable again.
Sometimes when F doesnt instagib me again my character suddenly remembers how running works-and then just explodes into a pustule (because of frantic pressing of WWWW)

I have never even died enough to break any of my armor to red UNTIL this mission.. even city of hope and that wasnt so bad, I died 2 times during the strength trial, one time it reset on me because I did the bad crime of being too near to the door.

but during that mission..? I think its at fault for around 30 to 40 deaths..I stood in me undies after that.. And I am not the only one..

PLEASE FIX THIS: because its not fun, its frustrating when your character suddenly runs in place, gets hit while being OUTSIDE of the red aoe-border or after jumping with 1 has NO movement…
as if.. yeah, you hop with 1 and then the game basically forgets that acceleration exists.. Usually when jumping down something&gliding it transports you forward, but it seems as if skill 1 cancels any kind of forward momentum and basically puts an invisible wall in front of me..

its like slowly gliding against a surface but not colliding, so the glider stays open but doesn’t move forward. only down.

Posted by: Ruenathorn Mirianim.1902

Ruenathorn Mirianim.1902

From what I’ve been reading on blogs/forums, the drop rate for the ‘adventurous melody’ in Uzolan’s mechanical orchestra collection is so rare that it has become a very frustrating annoyance for players. One player said it took 400 chests, the average appears to be 100+ chests. Is there any chance of increasing the drop rate to make it at least equivalent to the other items in the collection?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Trying-to-Get-Adventurous-Melody

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Uzolan-s-Mechanical-Orchestra-Collection

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Friend of the Frogs achievement in Tangled Depths is bugged. The second part of the series does not seem to trigger (ex. my wife has completed both the defend the larva and protected the beetle hatchlings by rounding them up several times and it has not triggered). This is keeping her from a Mastery Point as it is the only part of the chain she has not gotten credit for completing.

Edit: Appears that the first and second on the list for Friend of the Frogs are reversed. So, while the first indicated it had been done, it had not.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

(edited by Arrow.4619)

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Oh Anet, Please…………….. help me before i die

I posted the problem since six months ago.

Humming Krait Crystal not drop from Krait Hypnoss, It happened to my account. I try to kill Krait Hypnoss for 6 mounts. I never get the crystal more than one. So boring!!!!

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

Posted by: Desert Pete.2619

Desert Pete.2619

For the THIRD time I have been unable to complete ‘Hearts and Minds’ due to a bug.

TWICE, the party leader has died, but it has allowed the fight to continue until Moredremoth has little health, the shadows appear, you open the rift, then nothing happens – boss is invincible because party leader has died. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

On one run through, it bugged out AFTER the final boss had been defeated. In trying to kill canach with his sword, party leader freezes FOR NO REASON and cannot continue. Party leader est position and then FROZE AGAIN on the updraft on the way down. EVEN THOUGH I HAD COMPLETED THE QUEST AND BEATEN THE FINAL BOSS, it still bugged out. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Anet, I have sent you TWO personal emails and TWO bug reports – so far you have not addressed this issue, you have replied ONCE telling me to report a bug, and you have not acknowledge that I have finished the quest, beaten the final boss, but could not complete the final few seconds of story because of a bug. THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Hearts and Minds has failed THREE TIMES now – even though I have finished it three times. And you have done nothing.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO both in fixing the bug and addressing my personal concerns?

Posted by: Daemios.6519

Daemios.6519

Purchased the Heart of Thorns expansion last night, and today I’ve been riddled with disconnects during instanced story missions (not even missions related to the expansion). Seeing as how this is a completely new issue that did not in any way pop up beforehand, I am ruling out any router/isp/internet related issues.

Error code: 7:11:3:191:101
Upon reviewing the forums, customer support suggests resetting routers, clearing caches, and reinstalling the game. I simply do not think that this is worth the hassle when the culprit is clear.

Submitted a Refund Request (Request #2233929) for the purchase of the expansion. Posted in the bug report area for those who have a stronger tolerance than I, and are patient enough to wait on a fix sometime in the future.

(edited by Daemios.6519)

Posted by: Daemios.6519

Daemios.6519

I would like it to be known that after requesting a refund for the Heart of Thorns expansion and my account no longer being linked to it, my disconnects in the story instance quests have completely stopped. Did 10 total instances this morning with no issue (prior to the removal, it was happening every other run with increasing frequency).

Something in the expansion was causing an issue for myself, and possibly many others in this thread (and the many threads that have been created in the past few weeks regarding the error code: 7:11:3:191:101).

If I can help by providing additional technical information about my system or internet specifics, feel free to make any requests via the forums messaging service.

Posted by: CardboardBox.6087

CardboardBox.6087

Refund Request put through for error code: 7:11:3:191:101. I’ve spent so much time trying to fix this and the game still refuses to hold its connection for more than a few minutes. Never had this issue prior to HOT.