Issues with the guild system: please post here [MERGED]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Deedles.4197

Deedles.4197

Server: Gunnar’s Hold
Can not access guild storage, weapons, armor, says not in guild.

Piken Square
Forsaken Gamers [FG]

Posted by: Raistlan.3604

Raistlan.3604

Guilds: The Older Gamers, Shadow Dragon Ninja Pirates, Nullref
Server: Yak’s Bend

I saw this a few days ago, but it eventually started working again, until yesterday: I can’t represent another guild. Clicking “Represent” on the two other guilds did nothing, but clicking “Stand Down” on the one I was representing worked. Now, I can’t represent any of the three guilds. This has been over multiple logins.

Posted by: omegajimes.2471

omegajimes.2471

Hello,
For the past few days, I’ve been having some trouble with the guild system. It started when my guild bought the guild stash, and I couldn’t access it, it said I was not in a guild even though I’m representing my guild as leader. The day before yesterday I joined a new guild, and started representing that one for a few hours, then switched back to my original guild. Since then I can’t stop representing my current guild, clicking the represent button makes a clicking noise and does nothing.

Thanks.

Posted by: milankan.3286

milankan.3286

Tripie, ive been reading about it my self but never got any answer for it. Let me know if u get some info on it.

Guild Leader of DevilSlayers
Server: Ring Of Fire

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

World: Tarnished Coast
Guild: Painfully Obvious (PO)

Many of us can’t access the guild bank. I cannot invite to group from my guild list nor my friends list.

Posted by: milankan.3286

milankan.3286

Lets hope some GW2 forum admins are reading and making and update. Cause this is a bit of an irritating issue.

Guild Leader of DevilSlayers
Server: Ring Of Fire

Posted by: Kittygw.5079

Kittygw.5079

I have the guild Child of the Empire. I tried to upgrade anything today and nothing will upgrade. I restarted game to see if it would fix and it did not. I Really wanted to lvl Economy to lvl 3!~ Hugs! Hope you get it fixed soon

Posted by: Stahn.8764

Stahn.8764

I started a guild on Northern Shiverpeaks called Shiverpeaks Dragon Authority tag SHIV.

I have several issues. I was able to invite people I wanted at the start, I was able to start our first upgrade, I was able to promote whom I wanted on the first day as well. That is when my issues started. I have 5 characters, only 2/5 can represent my own guild leaving 3 of them unable to join ANY guild or represent my own thus far. To try and fix this issue, I promoted 1 person to leader and quit the guild and was then reinvited and promoted back to leader in hopes this would fix the issue. It did not. It made it worse. Now I can’t even upgrade my guild anymore. I hit the “add” or “represent” buttons and they go in like I press them, but don’t actually perform the function.

I also tried to change my Members rank allowances and was promptly kicked to character select and given:
Network error
(code:1022:5:1:825:101)

The error code was done today, after I tried to upgrade my guild and after the reinvite attempt to fix the issue. This has been going on since day 2 of my guilds creation, it’s been almost a week, maybe longer now. SOMETHING being mentioned would be amazing. I’ve seen several threads with similar issues, but nothing with the EXACT same issues and none of them that I saw mentioned the error code. Hope it helps, PLEASE get back to us on it or at least give us a temporary fix of some kind so I can spend influence on long term upgrades for everyone else.

Posted by: Kiviar.7063

Kiviar.7063

Issue: Unable to deploy consumables or boosts
Guild name: Agent Orange
Tag: [AO]
World: Anvil Rock

No member or officer of my guild is able to deploy consumables (banners of karma magic find xp etcetera) or boosts. All who try and representing guild, have the proper permissions and the required items are in stock.

Posted by: jasonorme.5014

jasonorme.5014

I’ve been waiting for 2 weeks now!

Gunnars Hold
Jsofts
SOFT

Posted by: Thedrake.4307

Thedrake.4307

@jasonormes: no, only one week.

Otherwise, well… I jsut can’t join a guild. When I try to accept an invitation, I get:

Network error .

Please check your internet connection and try again.
(Code=3040:1002:3:1950:101)

which is a stupid error message… if I had connection problems, I wouldn’t be able to play the game…

Thedrake.4307

Otherwise, well… I jsut can’t join a guild. When I try to accept an invitation, I get:

Network error .

which is a stupid error message… if I had connection problems, I wouldn’t be able to play the game…

Guild I’m trying to join: Tyrian Furries [Furs]

thank you

Posted by: Xilvar.3298

Xilvar.3298

Still no access to modifying guild ranks, queueing upgrades, etc. can only rename ranks.

Necrophim (AoD), Blackgate server.

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

I had the same issue, but it was because I was already in 4 guilds. I left 1 of them and could then join the new guild.

Network error .

thank you

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Just in case the devs are too busy to fix this!!

Error Code: (3040:1002:3:1930:101) and (3040:1002:3:1950:101)
(error:product:module:line)
error: 3040
product: 1002
module: 1930 or 1950
line: 101

SURELY thats giving you SOME pointers???!!!

the 1930 one seems to be fixable by dropping 1 guild (guild limit reached?? love the error msg)

1950 – no idea

(edited by Guild Wars Fan.3249)

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

Guild: Wing Kong Exchang (WKX)
World: Yak’s Bend

Last guild banner I was able to use was probably two weeks ago. I have all the right permissions. I click button they just don’t work. Yesterday I tried to stand down and then represent and the represent button would not work. Today I logged in and the represent button did work. The banners still do not work. This has been for a while.

Posted by: Briknthewall.6739

Briknthewall.6739

Guild – Guild Related Violence (GRV)
Server – Anvil Rock

Created the guild for me and a few friends a couple weeks ago. The only problem is, as guild leader, I have only one permission, and that’s the change the names and logos of the ranks. Picture provided. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

Posted by: Samkitz.7596

Samkitz.7596

Letter Of commendation awarded from story is still bugged.
I just used as of a few minutes ago from the time of this post and the influence was not awarded.
Yes I was representing when I used the item ankittenhe guild leader.

Server: Northern Shiverpeaks
Guild: Knights Of Destruction [KOD]

Posted by: Blinknmiss.1369

Blinknmiss.1369

The Glove Puppets [TGP] Blackgate

researched Architecture level 1 .. it used the Influence points but didn’t register as working?

Posted by: Glaivas.9367

Glaivas.9367

Guild leader with only one permission issue.
I reported it over 2 weeks ago via in game bug report.
Over one week ago on this thread.
2 days ago through the support ticket system (which I had to create a whole new account for?!) At least that got a response.

They pasted me the automated reply 4 times, suggested I delete my guild, suggested I report it through bug report. Finally said what they should have just said in the first place:

“This issue you are reporting is a currently a known problem. Please be aware that the Support Team is unable to provide a work around at this time. The development team will work to try and correct this as soon as possible.”

I really doubt that the devs fixing the original bug will even help existing guilds that already have messed up permissions. I honestly wonder what the support team is even for if they can’t help with clear, simple problems like that one. Any GM in literally any other MMO I’ve played would have it fixed in minutes… far less time that these guys spent wasting my time with pointless replies.

Bugs I can understand. Overstreched support staff I can understand. But taking the time to waste my time, while outright refusing to help with a simple problem that is affecting tons of people.. let’s just say I am very, very unimpressed.

Posted by: ZeroStatic.2176

ZeroStatic.2176

Server: Piken Square
Guild: The Alpha Knights
Tag: ACE
Leader: Zathos Karthas

Issue:
Upon creation of the guild over a week ago, the Leader rank in the guild was not given the permissions a Leader should have within the guild.
Out of all the options, only ‘’Edit ranks’’ was checked. The result of this is that I am unable to do anything with the guild. I cannot even invite other people. Creating new ranks only lets me apply the “Edit Rank” permission as well as the “New members here” permission.

Posted by: Briknthewall.6739

Briknthewall.6739

Guild leader with only one permission issue.
I reported it over 2 weeks ago via in game bug report.
Over one week ago on this thread.
2 days ago through the support ticket system (which I had to create a whole new account for?!) At least that got a response.

They pasted me the automated reply 4 times, suggested I delete my guild, suggested I report it through bug report. Finally said what they should have just said in the first place:

“This issue you are reporting is a currently a known problem. Please be aware that the Support Team is unable to provide a work around at this time. The development team will work to try and correct this as soon as possible.”

I really doubt that the devs fixing the original bug will even help existing guilds that already have messed up permissions. I honestly wonder what the support team is even for if they can’t help with clear, simple problems like that one. Any GM in literally any other MMO I’ve played would have it fixed in minutes… far less time that these guys spent wasting my time with pointless replies.

Bugs I can understand. Overstreched support staff I can understand. But taking the time to waste my time, while outright refusing to help with a simple problem that is affecting tons of people.. let’s just say I am very, very unimpressed.

So… did it work when you remade your guild?

Posted by: Haker.5067

Haker.5067

So… did it work when you remade your guild?

Our guild had the permission issue too, but we remade it yesterday and the new one had all the permissions. Kinda sucks cause we lost 5k influence, but w/e.

Posted by: Myramist.2357

Myramist.2357

Unable to activate any banners exp, karma, magic find in 80 areas. Please fix

Posted by: Holker.5476

Holker.5476

Server: Underworld
Guild: Ninentynine Problems
Tag: NNPs
Problem: the permissions; cannot edit guild message, logo, etc., add guild politics, economics, etc. and all I actually can do is invite players and edit the ranknames; Leader, Officer and Member -.-

Thedrake.4307

I had the same issue, but it was because I was already in 4 guilds. I left 1 of them and could then join the new guild.

thank you

Posted by: jboynton.7894

jboynton.7894

About four days ago my guild transferred from Fort Aspenwood to Northern Shiverpeaks. Since then I’ve had nothing but problems with guild features.

- I am unable to queue upgrades unless in WvW.

-The upgrades that I do queue in WvW, and are subsequently completed, do not work. For example: the guild upgrade screen shows that the guild is able to create/modify a guild emblem, but the appropriate selection to do that is not available at the guild registrar NPC.

-Influence bonuses granted by guild members are NOT applied to the guild.

-Purchases made from the guild influence NPC do not work. The money is deducted from the player but no corresponding item is placed in the inventory, received in the mail or automatically applied to the guild’s influence.

Guild Name: Jedi Knight Outcasts
Tag: JKO
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Ramona Flowers.7632

Ramona Flowers.7632

Network error .

thank you

Posted by: Ramona Flowers.7632

Ramona Flowers.7632

I’m having this exact same issue – can not join a guild – I get a server connection error message.

Plus the ‘Represent Guild’ button doesn’t do anything at all. I can’t represent a guild.

Server: Anvil Rock

Posted by: Neferteri.7342

Neferteri.7342

Server: Darkhaven
Guild: Monkeys Without Pants (MWP)

On the “Roster” tab, every time I set my column filter to check off “Achievement Points.” Every time I log in, it has reset to not include that column. It has been like this since I started playing the game.

Posted by: Flumburken.6217

Flumburken.6217

Three things that seems pretty bugged with the Guild system at the moment:

- My guildmate added 400 Influence to the guild the other night, as well as I added 400 via the Guild Promoter. However, none of our points were added to the total of Influence of the guild.

- Everytime I try to update my Guild Message of the Day, it doesn’t edit the latest entry. It just stays on the old message, not changing at all.

- I can’t add any guild upgrades to the queue, even though I certainly have enough Influence to do so.

Anybody else experiencing this? And no, I’ve not transfered to another server or anything, I’ve kept my guild on the same server ever since I created it.

Posted by: Kirz.2634

Kirz.2634

Server: Kaineng
Guild: Raven Song

Two weeks now, still unable to modify ranks or spend influence.

Kerz Vauz

Posted by: Einherjar.9370

Einherjar.9370

Server: Far Shiverpeaks / Guild: Priors Of The Ori [Ori]
probably more common problem: guild created has most functions disabled and unusable – most greyed-out (msg of the day /rank permissions/build) or even missing button on build queue(gear symbol)
Created 2 more guilds after and they work just fine with any character… all buttons enabled. That first one does Not work regardless of what map or character i’m using.
I would of remade guild but i used the tome of influence on it and still adding more with 2 characters in hopes that i get to use it…. I at least want the influence i’ve invested in it and i also want the guild name to remain. [Incident:120928-001668]

Posted by: Crusnik.7526

Crusnik.7526

So, new patch just came out. Not a single mention of any guild related problems in the notes. Great!
Meanwhile my guild has been completely bugged for 3 weeks now. Leader has no permissions… yes, THAT bug.
Six man guild sitting on 15k influence. Yayzies.

Posted by: Arro.6852

Arro.6852

Same problem as Crusnik, except the 15k influence. But I’ve tried to remake the guild several times but since I’m a leader without any special permissions, I can’t dispand the guild until everyone leaves (and one guy in the guild is away for the week). So right know, I don’t have any permissions, can’t upgrade at all and I’m kind of disappointed that this bug wasn’t even mentioned in the patch notes. Atleast letting us know it’s a known issue. I’m glad Glaivas posted here, now I know that it’s a known issue…

I hope to see a fix. Because even if it costs 1 silver to create a new guild, I’d be running out of ideas of names and tags and I’m not really in the mood of wasting 50 silver or 1g just to hope that one of the guilds will give me permissions. So I’m waiting for the fix, still.

Posted by: RubberNinja.6470

RubberNinja.6470

This place has become a Graveyard…

RubberNinja.6470

So, new patch just came out. Not a single mention of any guild related problems in the notes. Great!
Meanwhile my guild has been completely bugged for 3 weeks now. Leader has no permissions… yes, THAT bug.
Six man guild sitting on 15k influence. Yayzies.

I have that problem since day one, my Guild has only got 2 members in it, me and a friend, He does alot of WvW so he brings in most of the influence, but I can’t doing anything with it because the Devs aren’t even acknowledging us, even if it’s just a quick " Hey! thanks, we are working on it!" It doesn’t have to be super detailed or anything, just something small and quick so we know we aren’t getting ignored.

Posted by: red gecko.4735

red gecko.4735

SAME HERE!!!!my last post is buried here on page 20 or so…playing guild wars2 ,set up a guild…..got 2000+ influence and guess what ,like all the rest here my guild wont work..all the boxes are grey ed out..cannot build a thing,cannot do anything..try to do anything and get the same network error everyone else gets here……patches come and go and no fix or word from anyone…..what do you need to get a answer around here,just a hello were on it..get back to ya??/report it on the world of warcraft help site and we might get a response??
to anyone at areanet…YOUR GUILDS IN GUILDS WARS DONT WORK,34 PAGES HERE SHOULD SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!
now i know another lad who with the same prob deleted his guild lost 5000+ influence ,set up a new one and it all works perfect!!!so there is a fix out there………or my-bee the other poster is is right??
This place has become a Graveyard…

Posted by: Aleena.2341

Aleena.2341

I agree. I was looking forward to seeing if fixes to the guild was part of the patch, but nope. I still lost 20 silver for 100 influence points that my guild still has not received. As well as other guild issues still.

Why have I been told to post in this particular forum when it seems like no one on the Anet team is responding or letting us know they hear us and are currently working on this?!

Posted by: Miaw.2380

Miaw.2380

World: Gandara
Guild: Midguardians [MG]
Player: Miaw Whitepaws (Miaw.2380)
Issue: I am leader of the guild, but can’t promote other players or set the message of the day.
Also, using a Tome of Influence did not provide any influence for the guild.

Posted by: TheGentleman.4209

TheGentleman.4209

Hi,

Sever: Sorrow’s Furnace
Guild: The Pirate Queens Revenge

My guild appears to have a problem. I am the guild leader but I am not able to add things to build queue, edit the message of the day, or promote members of our guild. It doesn’t allow me to change these things under permissions either.

RubberNinja.6470

Is there anyway to delete my Guild, Apparently people have deleted their guild and created a new one, and everything seems fine, but it looks like Anet have taken that method as a “fix” and can’t be bothered to actually ask us if it’s really fixed…

…The game is called Guild Wars… and the Guilds don’t work.

Posted by: XDeus.3758

XDeus.3758

I understand that the level of support for this type of business model wouldn’t be the same as subscription based game, but perhaps you can implement some sort of gem-based support where we can purchase gems for real money and exchange them to get a real person (or even a bot at this point) to respond to our issues. This guild bug is obviously affecting a lot of people who have spent a lot of time earning guild points. Any response at all from anyone at ArenaNet would be awesome. Isn’t there a janitor or gardener over there that can shoot us a message on the forum reassuring us that at least someone has noticed this issue and might address it sometime in the future?

Posted by: DaRkSkye.1756

DaRkSkye.1756

OK, obviously we aren’t going to get any support from ArenaNet and my attempt to get reddit.com/r/guildwars2 to give us some love went awry so….

Does anyone know how I go about deleting my guild and freeing up the name so that I can attempt to recreate it?

Posted by: Crusnik.7526

Crusnik.7526

Does anyone know how I go about deleting my guild and freeing up the name so that I can attempt to recreate it?

If everyone leaves the guild it should auto-delete. Test if for yourself by creating/leaving/recreating another guild if you wish.

Posted by: aluckyrose.2078

aluckyrose.2078

Okay, I am now fine with losing the accumulated 2,000 influence my guild has if it means it might fix this issue I am having with my guild. Unfortunately, one of my guild members has since left for basic in the US armed forces, and cannot log in to leave the guild, and I don’t have permissions to kick, so I can’t disband my guild. This brings up more interesting issues, on my end, as the severity of the issue is unchanged, simply the scale. Right now, my guild is useless. 100% useless, to both myself, and my small number of guildies. I cannot fix my issue on my own, right now, as I can’t clear out the guild to get rid of it. Until the devs manage to fix permissions, I am at a loss. I can’t fix anything in this guild, I can’t use if for anything, and from my point of view, the devs don’t care about this issue at all.

Guild: People with Problems (if only I had known which problems…)
Tag: PwP
Server: Anvil Rock

Posted by: JohnGalt.2345

JohnGalt.2345

My guild is the Soldiers of the Six [SotS] on thje Devonna’s Reach server. We have not been gettinmg influence creditied for member logging in, I got an achievment that popped up like th daily or monthly achievements for Active Guild Member and indicate 2000 influence but received nothing. We have not been receiving the credit for members logging in, we have had 10 member log in each day for the last three days anc recieved 60, 90 and 90 influence. Since spending the 1000 influence for the guild bank the log shows earning 206 influence plus what was left over from buying the guild bank yet our total influence showing is only 70. Is anyone else not getting creditied for influence earned?

Posted by: forkz.8051

forkz.8051

Guild: Back Of The Shortbus
Tag: BOTS
Server: Stormbluff Isle

Guild was created a few weeks ago and I invited some friends. Unable to do anything with the guild at all like I have seen multiple times in the posts. Unable to promote/kick or pretty much do anything to members. Unable to build any upgrades at all. Pretty much have nill for permissions to the guild as a leader. Guild is completely useless.

Obviously this has been complained about over and over, so adding in my issue to the pile.

Posted by: Alucardbsm.1829

Alucardbsm.1829

My one man guild on Isle of Janthir doesn’t have the correct permissions for the leader. I’ve saved up over 2200 influence but I can’t spend it because my leader rank only has the ‘edit rank’ permission and nothing else. The guild name is ‘Alu’ (after my character, since it’s a one man guild).

Is there a possible fix to this? How do I get more permissions for myself?

Posted by: Syd.2847

Syd.2847

WEEKS later, guild controls STILL BROKEN.

Server: Darkhaven
Guild: Farmers Union Central Kryta [Farm]

Unable to:
- Upgrade guild (learn emblem, bank, etc.)
- Set rank privileges/access (Screenshot taken 9-18)
- Promote members
- Set MotD

Attachments: