Issues with the guild system: please post here [MERGED]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ponita.8204

Ponita.8204

I want to report that our missing guild is back as well. Yay! (Piken Square, guild name Riders of Dhuum). Thanks for the fix and for the excellent communication with the community in this thread

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

The forced restart for tonight’s new build cancelled my guild’s current upgrade and didn’t give the Karma back.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Posted by: eivl.7382

eivl.7382

Thanks for all excellent work. please give my regards to the developer team working on coding and nettworking (pluss any other) they are doing an excellent jobb! Also very good forum respons, i like that we get dailiy updates, and sometimes many times a day =)

as a sidenote to the dev team. dont take my word for it because i dont know if i remember this as it happend, because the joy of the new game and the loss of my collectors edition items was a real burden this day.

But i started on a random server because far shiverpeaks was full, i made a char, played for a few hours maby and then i servertransfered. i think i made the guild “The Holocrons [Holo]” two times, one time on the first server and again on Far Shiverpeaks. i also deleted my first char after the transfer and made a new.

So even if this is untrue, please give it some thought, since i might have created the guild twice and that this might explain why we dont have any Permissions in our guild.

Best Reagards
Eivind

Posted by: Timewarp.3819

Timewarp.3819

Server: Blackgate
Guild: Frater In Bellum [FiB]

Using a [Letter of Commendation] received from completing story/mission “Retribution” did not properly award Influence to my guild. A record of it in Influence History was also not added. However, it did advance progress on “Active Guild Member” achievement. I am 100% positive I was representing my guild at the time.

I used the item while I was still inside the story instance. After logging out and back in, the points were still not added to our total. They simply vanished. Daring to experiment I used a Tome of Influence (from digital deluxe). Fortunately, it did award influence as expected.

Hopefully the Influence points aren’t just lost in the ether. As a very tiny guild, 400 influence is a lot to us hehe. Either way, thank you guys for all the hard work and keeping in touch with the community.

Posted by: Unlife.3450

Unlife.3450

Thank you Cam and the guys for working so hard to get our guild back, Its very appreciated. we have however somehow lost around 2400 influence and are now down to 12. could you please look into this for us.

Guild: The Shadowguard [TSG]
Server: Underworld

many thanks

Unlife

(edited by Unlife.3450)

Posted by: Chimosh.6732

Chimosh.6732

Guild Name: Primordium
Guild Tag: [PRDM]
Server: Jade Quarry

Issue:

Hi guys, I had queued up politics level 3 2 days ago, and I have logged into today and noticed that the research queue is gone, and so has the 5k Influence that was used to start it.

Not only that I cannot queue up any research for our guild.

Please view attached screeen shot of our influence history.

Attachments:

Posted by: Granspremium.7526

Granspremium.7526

Guildname: Bana Na Band
Guild tag [BNB]
Server Fissure of woe

Issue:
currently having problem accessing the guild bank of 50 slots. we have researched it, but all the members i have spoken to, report the same thing.
WE get the “im sorry but your guild has not currently built a guild bank” or something like that. In our guild research we have it finished. Please help us^^.

Posted by: Tinman.7249

Tinman.7249

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Guild Name: Warriors of the night
Guild Tag: [Holy]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help fix the problem that my guild is having. We cannot earn influence individually but when we team up and do a dynamic quest, we can. Is this a bug?
Thank you for your help!

Posted by: midnightcitysky.6578

midnightcitysky.6578

Guildname: Howling Age
Guild tag [HA]
Server Davona’s rest

Issue: we created this guild on the blackgate server. I used a tome of influence and bought the economy level 1 upgrade. a friend made a character on davona’s rest due to blackgate being FULL at the time, not being jerks we server transferred to be with the our straggler friend. that cost me my tome. I say me specifically because it was my tome. I am a tad miffed about that.
why have the guild system be cross server if the upgrades aren’t? or at least warn people this may occur. I would like another tome if possible, as we will now have upgrades on DR that we will lose if we go back. I get that Anet may be trying to not put too much of a burden on their system by limiting what is cross-server but having a guilds roster be cross server but not the upgrades is somewhat of a logical fail to me.

Posted by: Madness.4923

Madness.4923

Server: Crystal Desert
Guildname: The Goldstar Shadow
Tag: TGS

Issue: I created the guild a few days ago and only have one other member. I can’t promote them, set the message of the day, or build any upgrades. I can edit rank names or add new ranks, but the only box checked under Leader is edit ranks. I can’t check any other boxes. I also bought a letter/tome of influence from the vendor that didn’t show up, however the other guild member used their tome of influence and it went through fine.

Posted by: Astran.4735

Astran.4735

Guild: Tyrias Best [BEST]
Server: Henge of Denravi

Used letter of commendation from final PS reward and the influence was not there. I was representing.
Also submitted a support ticket. Thanks.

Posted by: gorb.5608

gorb.5608

Day 4 Guild still gone.

The Knightwatch
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Silverlightning.1439

Silverlightning.1439

Guild : Trolldorak [actu]
Server: Pierre Arborea [fr]

We completed the guild stash days ago but nobody (even me as guild master) can’t access it, saying we haven’t one .

Posted by: Rogue Gamer.6571

Rogue Gamer.6571

Guildname: The Moon Tree
Guild tag: [Moon]
Server: Piken Square

There are a few problems that i have with the guild system:
1. I have a problem like Chimosh.6732 but my guilds Architecture Level 1 Research was gone.
2. I finished the Guild Emblem Template research but i don’t get the option of making a guild emblem when i talk to the guild registrar NPC.
3. Also at the guild registrar NPC i cant upgrade the guild, it says that i need to have “invite” permission but i am the leader of the guild.

I don’t need to get a life. I am a GAMER i have lots of lives!

Posted by: Kindstrike.1962

Kindstrike.1962

3040:1002:3:1930:101
Been happening for me since release, but now it’s everytime. I can’t join a guild.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: theuncandy.6048

theuncandy.6048

Guildname: Brownbear Trading Co
Guild tag: Hunt
Server: Tarnished Coast

I cannot edit or admin my own guild. I have no permissions and therefore can’t promote/demote, can’t queue research, and can’t change the MOTD. Please fix this. We have around 1600 influence in our tiny 3 person guild that we’d like to spend.

Posted by: Syrand.1209

Syrand.1209

Guildname We Wipe On Login
Guild tag: WWOL

I created the guild for my friends and I a few days ago. I noticed recently that I couldn’t edit any permissions for ranks. As leader I have nearly no permissions as well. I cannot change the rank emblems. I can’t modify the MotD, or the guild emblem. I also made a purchase of the influence items in Lion’s Arch from the Guild Promoter that should raise influence but received nothing from it. Thank you!

Posted by: Arion.5812

Arion.5812

Guild: Ultima Alba (UTA)
Server: Fissure Of Woe

Hi guys,

I’ve just created a guild. By default I got the Leader rank, but I didn’t get any of the permissions that come with it. As a result I can’t kick members, promote, or change the message of the day. When I try and promote a member, no option is given to me when I right click. The only things I can do is create new ranks (with only the edit rank and new member boxes available to tick). Under the Leader rank the only box ticked is Edit Rank. Is there any solution to this problem?

Posted by: Ealaniel.8910

Ealaniel.8910

Guild: Paragon Exiles (PAX)
Server: Fort Aspenwood

As of the last update (midnight 9/14), my guild is no longer gaining influence and the last queued upgrade (Guild Emplem Template) has disappeared from the queue (it shows available to be queued.)

Posted by: isnipeyoudie.7428

isnipeyoudie.7428

Guild: Nerd Patrol (NERD)
Server: Jade Quarry

After the latest update, we no longer get influence and the two upgrades we had queued (Art of War Lvl 2 and Guild Treasure Trove) are gone, with the influence spent on queuing them gone as well.

Posted by: Gilraen.5760

Gilraen.5760

Guild: Mercenaries Cz SK [MCS]
Server: Aurora Glade

Used letter of commendation from final PS reward and it didn’t give the influence. I was representing.

Posted by: PawPrince.5719

PawPrince.5719

A few hours ago my guild mates and I stopped gaining any Guild Influence for the guild, despite the fact we are all still playing, representing, and doing event after event in various areas.
Also, we purchased an upgrade 3 hours ago, and it was in the building queue, but now it’s no longer listed in the queue and it’s available for purchase again, despite there being record in the history that we bought it.
Help?

Posted by: Kaneda.8059

Kaneda.8059

Guild: Night watch crows [CROW]
server: Blackgate

yesterday arround 10:00pm to 3:00am (i dont remember the “exact” time) me and my friend give some influence to our guild, i user 2 crolls from quest and endgame content that give some influences(one of 1,000 and other of 400).Arround the same time my friend (his nick is femto and his account is Epilef.5132) used one tome of influence (from the deluxe edition) to gain another 1,000 of influence, and none of the tome/scrolls give influence to our guild! the total amount that have to be given is 2,400!! and we dont see it in guild managemand window, other thing is that the qeue from my upgrades was empty! any solution?

Posted by: DarkShadowXL.2896

DarkShadowXL.2896

Guildname: Naga Stole My Yoshi
Guild tag [NSMY]
Server Sorrows Furnace

About 3 days ago the guild and its members completed events and according to history it netted 222 Infuence 12 events and 210 on gifts (im assuming this was where my 40s went from drinks) but the guild is currently only at 432 influence but if the history is correct it should be at 632 and I also bought the 20s drinks twice and lost the silver but no influence gain

Posted by: Infineeus.3726

Infineeus.3726

Server: Devona’s Rest
Guild: Crimson Resolve
Date: 09/14/2012
Issue: Guild Upgrades

Yesterday, 09/13, my small guild qeued up 2 Guild Upgrades, Economy Level 1 and Architecture Level 1. The 2 upgrades qeued just fine, but when I logged back on this morning, 09/14, the upgrades are no longer in the qeue or completed. The 1000 influence we spent on these upgrades is gone, even though the guild history shows the spending of the influence on the upgrades. I even tried to qeue the Economy Level 1 and Economy Level 1 again, but they don’t enter the qeue.

Posted by: Miring Soot.5739

Miring Soot.5739

Guildname: Brownbear Trading Co
Guild tag: Hunt
Server: Tarnished Coast

I cannot edit or admin my own guild. I have no permissions and therefore can’t promote/demote, can’t queue research, and can’t change the MOTD. Please fix this. We have around 1600 influence in our tiny 3 person guild that we’d like to spend.

Seems to be a fairly common problem, depending on how representative the issues reported in this thread are. I don’t really understand how some guilds do not experience this problems and others do, but then again I am also not a programmer, so there is probably a lot of stuff I don’t understand!

Posted by: Raskrial.5893

Raskrial.5893

guild : Unhuman
tag: UH
server: jade quarry

has today 10AM EST, our guild was restored after the game update. Thx a lot guyz for your hard work !
do you intend to compensate missing guilds for the 3 days lost of influences ?

Posted by: ArchielDiem.7650

ArchielDiem.7650

ok, so the people in my guild don’t seem to have access to the guild armor vender, emblem template, or stash, however, the guild promoter seems to work just fine. So it seems like the game isn’t registering any of the upgrades we have

Realm: Dragonbrand
Guild: Descendants of Fianna
Tag: DoF

Posted by: Daily.5381

Daily.5381

I am guild leader.
All the rank permissions are checked for leader.
I cannot change MoTD, add ranks, customize them or anything like that.
This has been going on for 5 days.
Individuals are also not getting credit for influence earned.

The House of Phoenix (HoP)
Fort Aspenwood server

I have to stop drinking milkshakes.
I hate all those boys in my yard.

(edited by Daily.5381)

Posted by: Auwrath.4013

Auwrath.4013

Guild name: Masterful Eldritch Order of Win [MEOW]
Server: Underworld EU

I’ve had what seems to be a common problem; in that I’ve bought items from the guild promoter and received no Influence. Specifically I bought 3x of the 100 influence drinks costing a total of 60 silver. I know it isn’t much money but I only just had enough to buy it. I’ve waited over an hour now and have still seen no influence in the total or guild history, nor items in my inventory (if this is perhaps the system?)
If at all possible I’d like the total amended or the money refunded, but if this is impossible I’m happy to at least to have added my voice in bringing this issue to your awareness.

Thanks very much,
Auwrath

Posted by: Riunn.8625

Riunn.8625

Guild: Snow Clan
Tag: [Snow]
Clan Leader: Riunn

I just logged into the game to find that two upgrades that I had queued reset without the points being refunded. One of which was the guild stash which was nearly completed. Was there some kind of rollback that occurred in the night which was not reported? Any answers would be appreciated.

8:50am PST – Just sent in a bug report with screen shots of the issue.

(edited by Riunn.8625)

Posted by: Iralith.7813

Iralith.7813

Guildname We Wipe On Login
Guild tag: WWOL

I created the guild for my friends and I a few days ago. I noticed recently that I couldn’t edit any permissions for ranks. As leader I have nearly no permissions as well. I cannot change the rank emblems. I can’t modify the MotD, or the guild emblem. . . .

I’m having a very similar problem: I can change rank emblems, but as leader I have almost no permissions and can’t edit other permissions—it’s as if my rank is something other than “Leader.”

Further information:

- I’m the only person in my guild right now.

- When I started the guild up, I noticed that the default ranks were “leader,” “officer,” and “member” rather than “Leader,” “Officer,” and “Member”—not the lowercase letters. I can add new ranks and rename existing ones, but the permissions issue persists.

- The guild’s name is “Its Leaves Are Flame,” [IRAS]. I’m wondering if the short name is the issue: I created this guild as “Its Roots Are Stone” [IRAS], thought better of the name, disbanded as best I could, reformed, used the same four-letter abbreviation. Maybe it’s running into some conflict with the old name? Like, the old guild persists in some way even though it’s gone?

Posted by: Mr Quinn.9815

Mr Quinn.9815

Piken Square
The Misguided Misfits [LoL]

Cannot access Guild bank unless at Rata Sum

… tell me your not having to individually fix these Guild problems?

this notice was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit

Posted by: Raven.2490

Raven.2490

Hello, we have problem with the clan. We can not spend influence points (now 2138), rank up, nothing. Remove the clan and create a new one is a problem, because we spent a volume of influence (1000) and anything else I need 100 influence. Besides the influence achieved. So please, if you can fix it there. Thank you.

Leader Guild: Khaledor Hellbras
Name Guild: La Eterna Batalla
Tag Guild: [LEB]
Server: Bahia de Baruch [ES]

Posted by: Switch.8520

Switch.8520

Guild Name: White Lion Raiding Company

Guild Tag: [WLRC]

Guild Leader: Dominus Telvayn

Server: Sea of Sorrows

Issue: The issue we have been having is that since the guild was created today, the guild leader (me, Dominus Telvayn) is unable to do anything besides invite new members. I can not modify ranks or do anything at all, all the options are greyed out.

The secondary part of this issue is that I used my Tome of Influence I got from the digital deluxe edition along with the 400 influence bonus from my personal story on the guild, and neither of them worked. I am 100% sure I was representing my guild at the time and the influence was counted in my personal achievement, but not in the guild.

I would appreciate it so much if you guys could resolve this for us, I know how busy you are and how hard the workload must be but it is very difficult to recruit new members or keep my current ones when the guild is so broken and is unable to progress at all.

Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon!

EDIT: We also now have a new problem, our guild tag WLRC not showing up. It just has “[]” after our name instead of “[WLRC]”.

(edited by Switch.8520)

Posted by: Nitron.4156

Nitron.4156

Guild Name: Internet Dragonslayers
Guild Tag: ID
Guild Leader: Rex Killshot
Server: Borlis Pass

Guild Armorer Contract and Research Architecture 1 were both bought and queued yet neither show up as available. The History tab shows the purchase and queuing of both.

Also, it says I am not representing the guild even though I am guild leader. I can click Stand Down then Represent and it changes nothing.

Posted by: Zezia.8915

Zezia.8915

Guild Name: The United Banner
Guild Tag: [TUB]

Issue: Started researching Politics 1 last night and it should have finished today. Logged in to find that it hadn’t been completed and was no longer present in the research queue.

Posted by: Dhonovan.8176

Dhonovan.8176

Guild Name: Domination
Guild Tag: [DOM]
Home World: Sea of Sorrows

Fifth day and guild is still missing, really hoping it comes back really soon!

Posted by: ceth.4706

ceth.4706

Server: Darkhaven
Guild Name: The Bloodline Covenant [TBC]

I am the guild leader of our guild. On Aug 25th myself and two other guild members who were representing the guild at the time used our Tome of Influence. I received credit of 1000 influence for mine however the other two members did not add any influence to the guild when the books were used.

We have also recently identified that at least 1 or more guild member cannot access our guild stash. They are told by the guild bank npc that our guild has not built it. We have had our guild bank in place a number of days now with many of our members able to access it. The individual in question was also one of the 2 people who used a Tome of Influence with no effect.

It was made sure that they were representing the guild when they tried to access the guild stash. They also tried to stop representing and then start again. Still no change.

Thank you for your time.

(edited by ceth.4706)

Posted by: Traa.3079

Traa.3079

Server: Borlis Pass
Guild Name: Bringer Of The Dawn.[BOTD]
I created a guild a couple of days ago, and like several other people as leader I cannot edit any ranks and I don’t have any other control.

Posted by: HRyudo.8732

HRyudo.8732

Server: Nothern Silverpeaks
Guild Name: U N B [UNB]

Made the guild a few days ago, was unable to do anything as leader, other than invite people. I think 2 days ago, I gained the ability to actually create new ranks, and edit rank names and symbols, but I do not have the ability to change permissions, change a player’s rank, or even put in a MOTD.

Posted by: Dasoul.8793

Dasoul.8793

Guild Name: Azure Flame [BURN]

Issue: Unable to access guild stash that was just completed last night/this morning. Lost 500 influence on Guild Workshop disappearing from the que like it was never started; though it shows that it has been spent on that in the history.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

Posted by: Lonewarg.5248

Lonewarg.5248

Ghostly Claws [Boo]
Piken Square server
Snare Quickpelt (leader)

Created this guild a couple of days ago for myself and friends and as leader I only have the ‘edit ranks’ button checked. I cannot tick or untick any boxes on any ranks and cannot admin anything in the guild at all due to it.

Even tried disbanding the guild and reforming it and still the same problem.

Posted by: Raym.5210

Raym.5210

Server: Henge of Denravi
Gulid Name: Baits [Bait]

I created this guild a few days ago but as a leader I do not have any permission to do anything beside editing ranks.

Posted by: MindWorX.7413

MindWorX.7413

Server: Ruins of Surmia
Guild: Tinkerguild[TG]
Issue: Missing permissions
As the guild leader, I only have “Edit Ranks” checked. I assume that’s why I can’t promote or demote other members or change the MotD.

Posted by: Taija Rae.8504

Taija Rae.8504

Guild: The Darknest Community
Hi I can’t access our guild bank even though i’ve spend points on creating it. The NPC in divinity’s reach says our guild doesn’t have a guild bank.

(edited by Taija Rae.8504)

Posted by: Myrrdhinn.5627

Myrrdhinn.5627

Server: Whiteside Ridge
Guild: War of Souls
Tag: LH

I’ve created the guild, but I don’t have any permissions
I can’t even invite members.
I’ve already used my Tome of Influence, so I don’t want to just delete the guild.
Please fix this
Thank you

Posted by: Dragoon.6801

Dragoon.6801

Guild: Knigths of the Blood [KOTB]
Server: Darkhaven
Issue:
I Lost 500 influence on Guild Workshop disappearing from the que like it was never started though it shows that it has been spent on that in the history.

Attachments:

Posted by: Archetype.3582

Archetype.3582

My friend and I started a guild to get ourselves a guild bank. I am the leader and he is the sole member. To begin, I have been trying to promote him to officer or leader, but I have been unable. I read on the GW2 wiki that you go to the roster, right click the rank, and then promote, but it does nothing when I right click his name.
Next, we have 580 influence and want to do the first upgrade towards the guild bank which costs 500 influence. When I go to the upgrade panel the button for “Add” it sort of grayed out and it will not let me click on it. I have not been able to find any information and no one could help me in /map chat.

Posted by: Barado.7945

Barado.7945

As leader of my guild I do not have permissions nor do I have the ability to effectively give my rank permissions.

Also my Tome of Influence did not credit the guild with influence. I only have one guild which I lead so I was representing at the time.