cultivated seed swapped with pet seed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tansuke.3487

Tansuke.3487

Thank you for the fix! Many people are now switching out their seeds. However this is a new issue that people who made the Pet Seed into a seedling (many who didn’t know they were bugged until later) are still unable to swap. Is there a fix on the way?

Posted by: PocVecem.5170

PocVecem.5170

The fix is not working for the ascendet pet seed. Seriously? I cannot exchange it.

The patch notes state the following:

Bug Fixes

-Fixed an issue that prevented some players from upgrading their Chaos Orbs.
-Players who mistakenly ended up with a Pet Seed after the release can speak with Azarr Softhoof in Uplands Oasis to receive a Cultivated Seed in exchange for their Pet Seed.

I would run out to Dry Top and test to see if its working for you.

I did. For me there is only the choice to trade the 4 items of the last episode for laurels. Nothing more. -.-’

In Drakkar we trust

Tansuke.3487

PocVecem your problem is that you likely have the Pet Seedling, not the Pet Seed. There is currently not a response from ANet about the Pet Seedling but hopefully it will be resolved soon!

PocVecem.5170

Sry for the mistake. I meant the “pet seedling” (:

In Drakkar we trust

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Still have the Pet Seedling item, the dumb horse won’t trade for it.

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

Read the above posts. Seedlings cannot be traded. Only the Pet Seeds can be.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

Posted by: Eluvian.8765

Eluvian.8765

I have the same issue.

- Made Mysterious Vine backpiece before the patch
- Had the seed in my bank.
- Completed the new episode story instances, and made Attuned Grow Lamp, Package of Ley Line Dusted Plant Food, Heat Stone, and… a Mists Infused Clay Pot instead of the of Chaos Infused Clay Pot I needed. It was a mistake. Thing is, I didn’t noticed my Cultivated Seed swapped with a Pet Seed, then I accidentally crafted the wrong pot and now I have an ascended pet seedling in my inventory…

Attachments:

Posted by: DeadDuke.6087

DeadDuke.6087

Patch fix,

Speak with Azarr Softhoof in Uplands Oasis to receive a Cultivated Seed in exchange for their Pet Seed.

Tansuke.3487

Dead this only works for the Pet Seed, not the Pet Seedling.

Posted by: Grim.2049

Grim.2049

Can someone from Anet confirm that playing through again on an alt won’t mess this up further? I want to have my characters at the same LS point.

Grimdoctor | Support IS Power!

Posted by: Nastoran.8519

Nastoran.8519

I have the same issue, so i sent in a bug report. But i already turned the pet seed into a pet seedling. Im hoping i get a cultivated seed back though.

Posted by: Cruickshank.5463

Cruickshank.5463

i made my mysterious vine backpiece around the 8th if i remember correctly, i stored the cultivated seed in my 18 slot invisible backpack and when i logged in on the 12th, it had been swapped with the pet seed.

Posted by: X Athena Polias X.8701

X Athena Polias X.8701

I didn’t realize it was bugged until it was too late and now I’m am stuck with a pet seedling. I hope there is going to be a fix for this.

Posted by: Maku Slaneesh.8730

Maku Slaneesh.8730

I have the Attuned Grow Lamp and the Cultivated Sprout.
But when I click on the lamp it tells me “Item not found in your inventory”

any ideas??

Posted by: Icarion.2834

Icarion.2834

I also transformed my pet seed into the ascended Pet Seedling and Im having the same problem. I submitted a ticket to the support team so I hope they help. It seems like there are many different back piece combinations but I dont know, I am so confused. It is very frustrating when you put in so much work and things like this happen. Please help us Anet!

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Patch fix,

Speak with Azarr Softhoof in Uplands Oasis to receive a Cultivated Seed in exchange for their Pet Seed.

Thanks for this information. I wouldn’t have known they finally fixed it otherwise! <3

Now Anet just needs an alternative way of making the ascended vine backpiece version, because not all of us like or do fractals

#5-pristine-fractal-relics-required-to-make-the-mists-infused-clay-pot

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

any ideas??

Sequence is important. You need to feed it a package of Ley Line Dusted Plant Food and a package of Oasis Soaked Plant Food (in that order) before you use the lamp, I believe. The fact that you’re still apparently seeing it as a “Cultivated Sprout” suggests you haven’t done that.

Posted by: Rotting U Away.2173

Rotting U Away.2173

any ideas??

Sequence is important. You need to feed it a package of Ley Line Dusted Plant Food and a package of Oasis Soaked Plant Food (in that order) before you use the lamp, I believe. The fact that you’re still apparently seeing it as a “Cultivated Sprout” suggests you haven’t done that.

Same problem for me here too. I followed the order on how to do it from wiki and both item says “Item not in your inventory” when clicked on . I have the cultivated sprout and Attuned grow lamp .

Posted by: Rotting U Away.2173

Rotting U Away.2173

made post in error ><

Posted by: holgers.7168

holgers.7168

I have the Cultivated sprout and a Attuned Grow lamp, it says I need a Oasis soaked plant food, but I don’t have that item, any suggestions on how I can get it?

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

If you’re stuck with a pet seedling, my advice would be to go ahead and use this time to get the other materials in the process AFTER the Mysterious Vine. Don’t repeat any stuff from Part 1.

You can use Dulfy’s guide or the wiki to see what you need, including the steps that start from the Cultivated Seed.

I’m sure Anet will find a way for you guys to receive another Cultivated Seed.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I just wanted to chime in and register the fact i have the same problem as others in this post, in case only those posting here have their seeds fixed.

My seed was also stored in the bank and created about a week or so ago.

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Previous

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

Thanks everyone for your patience with this matter. We’d like to clarify the situation of the new Seed items.

After Tuesday’s release, if your Cultivated Seed was changed into a Pet Seed, you can talk to the centaur Azarr Softhoof in the Upland Oasis (Dry Top) to exchange it back to the Cultivated Seed you previously created. This will then allow you to continue the process of crafting the Mysterious Vine back item, which can then in turn be evolved into a Cultivated Vine and then finally the Mawdrey (ascended) back item. If however you started evolving the Pet Seed into an exotic Pet Seedling, know that you won’t be able to go back to the previous crafting process as you’ve already started crafting Mawdrey. As you won’t be able to craft the Cultivated Vine during this process, we’ll work on a way to unlock that specific skin for you in a future update.

There are important differences between these two processes as they lead to different back items (Mysterious Vine or Mawdrey), and the only way to go from one to the other is if you obtained the Mysterious Vine an then evolve it into Mawdrey. We will not issue refunds for any of the items involved in these crafting processes. Note that you can still obtain a Mysterious Seed by completing The Dragon’s Reach: Part 1 story via the Story Journal on any of your characters, since this item is account bound.

Grim.2049

This is an extremely poor response Anet.

Posted by: Perses God.4621

Perses God.4621

So basically those of us who went ahead and crafted the pet seedling are now screwed over until some future update, which will be when?

How is this fair at all, I carried on crafting unaware that the seed had changed and so did many other people. The fault with the seeds changing in the first place was due to a bug released within the build, this is not down to the players and we should not be punished for it.

I am less than happy with this response, I am not going to force myself to re-farm items to re-craft the original back item a second time. Seriously let down by this.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Please Anet, is it really so hard to just put a NPC that check if you have the 1st backpiece, it gaves you another cultivated seed?

Coming here saying “We will not refund you” is really a terrible offense for us players. Was a bug, not fault of us players. SO, because of a bug, I’ll not be able to craft the 2nd tier backpiece? “Unlock skin” in future you say, and what about have the exotic backpiece itself? It was exactly what I was going to do, give the exo backpiece to an alt.

All the gold I’ve spent on the other mats? what about ppl that don’t want to craft the ascended version and only wanted to upgrade his backpiece? Now need to farm and get all mats all over again because a bug of yours?

Really, come here saying “We will not refund you because of our bug” is a incridible high offense for your playerbase.

Posted by: Eluvian.8765

Eluvian.8765

I’m not really happy about it, but… I have a question:
So, if we accidentally upgraded our Pet Seed into a Pet Seedling, this means we cannot proceed to create the Cultivated Vine Exotic Backpiece BUT we can still craft the ascended Mawdrey, is that right?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

All you have to do is wait until ANet comes up with a solution.

Nobody forces anybody to craft everything from scratch.

You got a nice cheap headstart on Mawdrey II, which means that in the end you will have spent less money than the rest of us – enjoy it. The skin will be unlocked later.

Posted by: SylarBG.6051

SylarBG.6051

Is it so hard to revert Pet Seedling to Pet Seed and Mists Infused Clay Pot? That wouldn’t ruin economics(we can’t sell anything). It would be fair to the players. Not everyone can afford to get all the materials again because of a bug.. Please, think about that.

MauricioCezar.2673

Is it so hard to revert Pet Seedling to Pet Seed and Mists Infused Clay Pot? That wouldn’t ruin economics(we can’t sell anything). It would be fair to the players. Not everyone can afford to get all the materials again because of a bug.. Please, think about that.

That wont work for a lot of players already, like me that fully completed the ascended backpiece. I’m stuck with all mats to 2nd exo but the cultivated seed.

Posted by: Tjalzor.2135

Tjalzor.2135

I would not mind even paying 1 laurel for it just like the Mysterious Seed now sold. Just as long as I can complete another skin for my wardrobe

SylarBG.6051

That wont work for a lot of players already, like me that fully completed the ascended backpiece. I’m stuck with all mats to 2nd exo but the cultivated seed.

Well I decided not to craft it, got all the final ingredients(account bound) and waiting for a proper response from ANET. If they could just create a merchant that checks if you have the Mysterious Vine backpack and if you do, then you receive Cultivated seed it would be great.

Grim.2049

All you have to do is wait until ANet comes up with a solution.

Nobody forces anybody to craft everything from scratch.

You got a nice cheap headstart on Mawdrey II, which means that in the end you will have spent less money than the rest of us – enjoy it. The skin will be unlocked later.

But this is there response and it’s a poor one. Also most people are stuck with bits for two recipes that can’t really progress without a lot of gold or a lot more time – it shouldn’t be this way.

(edited by Grim.2049)

Posted by: MChuzzlewit.5178

MChuzzlewit.5178

The Cultivated Seed was originally mailed to us after completing the first back. Why can’t the program just check who was mailed one and resend the mail? Those that already have one can ignore it, while those of us who could not exchange our Pet Seedling would have the pieces required to complete both chains.

Posted by: StrawberricFrog.2750

StrawberricFrog.2750

I have the same problem. Finished the Mysterious Vine backpiece before the patch, and received a Cultivated Seed – left in my inventory. After the patch, the Cultivated seed had been swapped with the Pet seed, but they have the same icon so I thought it was intentional at first. Now I see that it is actually a problem.
I just hope this can be sorted soon.

Posted by: Smaug.3802

Smaug.3802

I am having this issue also.

PocVecem.5170

We will not issue refunds for any of the items involved in these crafting processes. Note that you can still obtain a Mysterious Seed by completing The Dragon’s Reach: Part 1 story via the Story Journal on any of your characters, since this item is account bound.

Are you kidding me? I need to craft Backpiece 1 again because of a bug caused by you and I will get no refund? I don’t get it.

In Drakkar we trust

Posted by: SlimeHunter.4152

SlimeHunter.4152

I don’t get it. If people wanted Mawdrey, shouldnt they be glad that the bug is there so they can skip cultivated vine?

PocVecem.5170

We got the “ascendet” pet seedling. We can’t craft the next step cause we are missing the exotic step. So we need to craft backpiece 1 again.

In Drakkar we trust

SylarBG.6051

I don’t get it. If people wanted Mawdrey, shouldnt they be glad that the bug is there so they can skip cultivated vine?

Yeah I am glad, but I also have the mats ready and combined for the second exotic. I need it. And I am not the only one that has the mats and is just waiting.

Posted by: Del.4309

Del.4309

You need that pet seedling to craft the ascended backpiece (http://dulfy.net/2014/08/13/gw2-mawdrey-ascended-backpiece-and-pet-crafting-guide/), idk why everyones upset since now you dont have to craft the second one anymore so it saves you gold.

Posted by: TechCat.4819

TechCat.4819

I for one am glad that you gave us a fix. I obtained the Cultivated Vine and am a few time-gated steps from completing Mawdrey. Thank you for offering a fix in the first place.

Posted by: Karay.1378

Karay.1378

Thx anet i can finish my back now

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

To everyone saying that we should be happy because were saving gold on not having to make the second backpiece, That would be true except i and im sure many others already bought/crafted/farmed everything else i need for the second step of the exotic one. The way it was worded makes it sound like ill be able to buy the skin with laurels or something later, instead of crafting it which would mean all the ingredients i bought (which some were pretty expensive) are now completely useless unless i want to spend even more money to craft the first one again. This is why we are angry.

Therodin.2970

To be honest i wasn’t really worried about this whole situation because i figured anet would have it fixed in a few days. But this really ruined my trust with them I really hope they reconsider this decision.

MauricioCezar.2673

To everyone saying that we should be happy because were saving gold on not having to make the second backpiece, That would be true except i and im sure many others already bought/crafted/farmed everything else i need for the second step of the exotic one. The way it was worded makes it sound like ill be able to buy the skin with laurels or something later, instead of crafting it which would mean all the ingredients i bought (which some were pretty expensive) are now completely useless unless i want to spend even more money to craft the first one again. This is why we are angry.

Exactly this.

Therodin.2970

I doubt you take player suggestions into account, But it seems safe to assume that sending everyone in the game a free cultivated seed is out of the question or i assume you would have done that already. Why not just add the cultivated seed as something purchaseable from laurel merchants for a few laurels? Im sure some people will complain that were having to pay to fix your mistakes, but i for one would just be happy to get this whole problem dealt with.

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

This just forces us to have to create the first one all over again, if that even gives you another seed, for the second one.

I would have expected not to be penalized for trusting that the item we had in our inventory or storage would be what we’d need for the next step.

Posted by: donuts.1580

donuts.1580

still will not work, had upgraded pet seed before fix came out so I am still unable to proceed.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

We will not issue refunds for any of the items involved in these crafting processes. Note that you can still obtain a Mysterious Seed by completing The Dragon’s Reach: Part 1 story via the Story Journal on any of your characters, since this item is account bound.

Are you kidding me? I need to craft Backpiece 1 again because of a bug caused by you and I will get no refund? I don’t get it.

No, you don’t need to craft Backpiece 1 again. In fact, you skipped ahead several steps and saved a LOT of money in the process.

And you will STILL get the intermediate skin awarded back in a future patch.

But, by all means, go on telling everybody how you got the short end of the stick.