Connection error 7:11:3:191:101 [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: jjgw.9035

jjgw.9035

can some people help me prove my theory?

If your character is stuck on a map like Queensdale, try to log in 15 to 10 minutes prior to the world boss event. Give it a few attempts at a 3 minute interval. If you can unstuck your character this way, it will be strongly evident that it’s the problem with the map IP because you are more likely to be put in a different map IP during world boss time.

Posted by: DarkusTheFirst.6890

DarkusTheFirst.6890

Just an FYI for everyone that has suggested a fix. I’ve begun testing all of them, my problem consisting with being unable to safely enter the Iron Marches myself, I will keep a log and add it in here when I’ve done tested everything.

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Since Anet has no clue what is going on I thought I might pitch in a potential fix. Try changing your current DNS to google DNS and see what happens. I’ve been seeing some success so far.

Watch this quick 2 minute video on how to change your current DNS to google’s DNS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdQkPVL2ERg

BUT instead of putting in 8.8.8.8, try using 8.8.4.4.

I was curious about this, so I acquired more information:
Google DNS wiki
And a video in 1080p showing how to enable IPv4 and IPv6 DNS ips

I entered both the IPv4 and IPv6 sets of addresses.
Upon first logging in I got the 42:something error related to firewall. I simply clicked to login again and it went through.
I loaded Dry Top, Eternal Battlegrounds, Edge of the Mists, but Green Boarderlands has been a loading screen for over 2 minutes now.

I have other computers on the same router, do I need to make the settings switch on them? They do not access games online, though. I might try a restart of PC now.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Posted by: zonic.5261

zonic.5261

Just an FYI for everyone that has suggested a fix. I’ve begun testing all of them, my problem consisting with being unable to safely enter the Iron Marches myself, I will keep a log and add it in here when I’ve done tested everything.

If the issue affecting us isnt on our part, making any change will only make things worst (don’t fix it if it ain’t broke). Anet has to get a clue about their own issues and STOP looking for clues in our PCs, networks, etc.

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Another thing I noticed is that when I review my login’s in forum account security, it shows NB for New Brunswick, instead of NS, where my actual ISP is.

Attachments:

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Posted by: Quietlife.4036

Quietlife.4036

Since Anet has no clue what is going on I thought I might pitch in a potential fix. Try changing your current DNS to google DNS and see what happens. I’ve been seeing some success so far.

Watch this quick 2 minute video on how to change your current DNS to google’s DNS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdQkPVL2ERg

BUT instead of putting in 8.8.8.8, try using 8.8.4.4.

I was curious about this, so I acquired more information:
Google DNS wiki
And a video in 1080p showing how to enable IPv4 and IPv6 DNS ips

I entered both the IPv4 and IPv6 sets of addresses.
Upon first logging in I got the 42:something error related to firewall. I simply clicked to login again and it went through.
I loaded Dry Top, Eternal Battlegrounds, Edge of the Mists, but Green Boarderlands has been a loading screen for over 2 minutes now.

I have other computers on the same router, do I need to make the settings switch on them? They do not access games online, though. I might try a restart of PC now.

Did you try putting the alternate addresses as well? I put 8.8.8.8 AND 8.8.4.4 for the ipv4 and both the addresses for the ipv6’s too. I believe if you leave the alternate addresses out then you will get the firewall error. You can still play the game normally but the firewall error means you won’t be able to view your guild.

Posted by: Liopy.3415

Liopy.3415

ISP:NET
Region:NA
World:Darkhaven
Character:Lord Seyrein
Error code: 7:11:3:191:101

Posted by: KLC.6304

KLC.6304

Another thing I noticed is that when I review my login’s in forum account security, it shows NB for New Brunswick, instead of NS, where my actual ISP is.

I had that as well a New Brunswick ISP, and my Nova Scotia ISP. Both are Legit logins. I removed the NB one from the list. I know nothing about these things tech. wise. So if this has nothing to do with whats happening, I don’t know it.

Posted by: spader.8157

spader.8157

• Telia
•Sweden
•NA
•Northern Shiver Peaks
• Code=7:11:3:191:101
• Darkheaven BL
(My Elementalist) Last night i couldn’t enter Caledon forest.

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

ISP: Elisa/Saunalahti
Your territory or region: EU
Your game world: Fort Aspenwood (NA)
The full error code: “The game client lost it’s connection to the server. Please wait few minutes before restarting the client and try again. (code=7:11:3:191:101)”
Characters stuck: 1
Map: Queensdale

I am playing with my friends, and they say that my character is appearing to the map when I am trying to log in the game. It is just standing still in the map, and when I am getting this error message, my character is dissapperarin from the map. So to me it seems that I am able to get connection to the server, but server is not corresponding to my computer.

I have tried now all other games what I have and WoW, Jade Dynasty, Dragon Nest, Vindictus, Swordsman and Guild Wars 1 are working fine, but only game what is not working is this Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Naztharune.2806

Naztharune.2806

ISP: Cabo Telecom
Your territory or region: South America
Your game world: Jade Quarry (NA)
The full error code: “The game client lost it’s connection to the server. Please wait few minutes before restarting the client and try again. (code=7:11:3:191:101)”
Characters stuck: 1
Map: Kessex Hills
Characters lagging/randomly affected: 2
Map: Lion’s arch

I was playing just fine……since launch, ’till this morning.

Posted by: Morsus.5390

Morsus.5390

Just to the other Nova Scotians (Surprised to see so many others on here actually), I am also having a login IP issue. I keep ending up connecting through NB IPs. I’m here in Cape Breton, as far away from NB in NS as possible. Yet, on my account it says three different IPs, two of which are New Brunswick and one of which is Nova Scotia. I removed the two NB, attempted to log in and it sent me a verification email. The email said I was attempting to login from NB.

I remember near launch I had a similar issue with this, but it was not detrimental to my ability to actually play the game. Near launch I was apparently trying to login from NFLD. I removed that IP and it automatically reset to my NS IP.

sigh Since there is little public acknowledgement on behalf of Anet/NCsoft (whichever) it looks like it’s not a huge priority for them. Warlords of Draenor looks interesting I guess…

Hope is but a comfort in which we blind ourselves.

zonic.5261

sigh Since there is little public acknowledgement on behalf of Anet/NCsoft (whichever) it looks like it’s not a huge priority for them. Warlords of Draenor looks interesting I guess…

Sad, sad truth, I’m purchasing Warlords atm, raging about the last mail I got from customer support… asking yet again more data related to my pc/client.

Way to turn people away from your game Anet…

Posted by: Azumi.9572

Azumi.9572

Just to the other Nova Scotians (Surprised to see so many others on here actually), I am also having a login IP issue. I keep ending up connecting through NB IPs. I’m here in Cape Breton, as far away from NB in NS as possible. Yet, on my account it says three different IPs, two of which are New Brunswick and one of which is Nova Scotia. I removed the two NB, attempted to log in and it sent me a verification email. The email said I was attempting to login from NB.

I remember near launch I had a similar issue with this, but it was not detrimental to my ability to actually play the game. Near launch I was apparently trying to login from NFLD. I removed that IP and it automatically reset to my NS IP.

I think that’s the only option at this point. I just came back to the game and bought gems, so I’m kinda upset about it. If it wasn’t for that, I’d uninstall and move on.

But yeah, if you have other games to play I’d recommend it. This issue probably won’t be fixed for awhile (if ever).

It’s not really aNet’s fault. It’s happening to other NCSoft games, too. Aion, Lineage, WildStar, etc.

Posted by: Voluptificus.9853

Voluptificus.9853

In the evening, since yesterday for me, I am disconnected continuously.Please do something, the game has become unplayable.

Posted by: tiamat.4075

tiamat.4075

Yesterday tried 10 time to log on my main without success. Now i can.

Posted by: Voluptificus.9853

Voluptificus.9853

I found how to solve the problem, simple and recurrent among the games : run it in administrator mode, that’s it.

Posted by: FinMary.1679

FinMary.1679

ISP: Deutsche Telekom AG
Your territory or region: NA
Your Game World: Gate of Madness
The full Error Code you are receiving. : 7:11:3:191:101
The number of characters with the problem: 1-4(cuz i dont dare to try out the other characters, tho so far i have managed to get them unstuck eventually after hours of guesting and not giving up till they can be loaded again)
Maps i had the problem on: Metrica, Cursed Shore, LA, Gendarran Fields, Diessa Plateau, AC, Home Instance, Divinity’s Reach

KLC.6304

Just now
ISP: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia ( Canada)
NA Territory
SOS Home
Error: 7:11:3:191:101, Lost connection to Server
was In Divinity Reach, am stuck in wp going to Queensdale.
One Character so far, my Ele, an alt. in the process of doing my living story.

I have not been playing a lot since this started, I want it noted that the Black Lion trading post is acting a lot like this error as well. long wait times to load sometimes never. when I can get it to load, I will only have access to a few tabs.
which is not good if I need to sell or cancel an order. Buy from Anet or buy more food items!!!

KLC.6304

I found how to solve the problem, simple and recurrent among the games : run it in administrator mode, that’s it.

There are many posts here that have tried this solution as well as others. May work for a bit then your back to square one. for some it doesn’t work at all.

Posted by: MortalRick.8075

MortalRick.8075

ISP: UPC
Region: EU
Server: Tarnished Coast
Error: The game client has lost connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (code=7:11:3:191:101)
Characters With Problem: 1 Richard Noctalus (lvl 12) Divinity Reach

Posted by: LadyMorrigan.3071

LadyMorrigan.3071

It worked for me, for …20 seconds, then the same error appeared and got kicked out of the game. I disabled earlier my antivirus, closed all other computer programs, and used Google DNS, without a single result.

Fort Aspenwood
11 characters, playing 8 classes

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Nope, sorry, that’s not it. My client is set to always run in administrator mode, but I still get locked out of toons.

Posted by: Kornel Kazmierczak.1875

Kornel Kazmierczak.1875

ISP: UPC
Region: EU, Poland
Server: NA, Gate of Madness

I got this code=7:11:3:191:101 once while trying to go to Fireheart Rise, Dredgehaunt Cliffs and Dry Top. Now I can see this code only while trying to go to Malchor’s Leap. Guesting to other server, using waypoints and going through portal, nothing is working, now 5 of my 8 toons are stucked. Here’s the video with detailed loading screen of Malchor’s Leap and 2 other maps with -maploadinfo switch used.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Update: 7 August 2014

Testing has confirmed that for many players, resetting their modem may correct this issue. To be clear, this does not work for every player. However, if you would kindly give this a try, it may get things back to normal for you.

In the meantime, this issue still is under investigation and we hope to have it fully resolved soon. Thank you for your continued patience!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Lilianne.5839

Lilianne.5839

Thank you gaile for the update:) it didnt work for me tho but still thanks

Posted by: Arkuran.8946

Arkuran.8946

Update: 7 August 2014

Testing has confirmed that for many players, resetting their modem may correct this issue. To be clear, this does not work for every player. However, if you would kindly give this a try, it may get things back to normal for you.

In the meantime, this issue still is under investigation and we hope to have it fully resolved soon. Thank you for your continued patience!

Well, this works kinda. I’m able to log in to stuck toons after resetting my modem, however it’s only temporary. It happens again shortly after, and it is rather tedious to be resetting the modem every time this happens…

zonic.5261

Yeap, it took only a week of being unable to play for an admin to give us a placebo answer. Kudos.

Will be much easier to not get kicked from dungeon runs with pugs when I get locked outside the instance, and have to explain them to wait till my modem resets…

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Gaile no offense but I use a site that got hit with this issue, the site shall remain nameless. They resolved it within 24 hours. Granted they aren’t a MMO.

And here we are flipping coins and jumping through hoops hoping it’ll turn up in our favour with solutions that may or may not work. This is great and not your fault.

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Well, for what it’s worth, since getting my char “unstuck” by logging into the game from someone else’s internet connection/pc, I’ve been fine.
Don’t know if it’s a coincidence that this worked, but yeah.. try a friend’s house, if you can.

Posted by: wirapuru.6548

wirapuru.6548

welp, kinda hopeless after all those replies and no solution so far, but there it goes for stats:

ISP: NET
Region: NA
Server: Tarnished Coast
Error: The game client has lost connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (code=7:11:3:191:101)
Characters With Problem: Thirty Little John, Elizabetha, didn’t try the other 3 after trying those 2 (90% of the time Thirty Lil John) all the past 3 hours.

Strange is, I played very smoothly until 3-4 hours ago – then 40+ tries with the same error. One time it did enter the game and map, just for a few seconds.. then gone again.

Tried all the provided “solutions” so far, not a difference.
EDIT: my bad, didn’t have tried to guest another server yet, and it actually worked. I guested SoH and it instantly worked out. I’m hoping it’s just a temporary issue with TC server or something. Anyways, good luck for the players trying to make it work, and even more to the Anet team trying to solve it out, thanks for all the efforts.

(edited by wirapuru.6548)

Posted by: laquesis.6270

laquesis.6270

Hello, I’ve made tickets, and haven’t got any useful and definitive answer. I think it’s unfair for us to be like this, hoping “if I log, will it work? will I be able to play?” While we had to wait, like, a week? To get an answer? And still not fixed?

I think, we are the minority, and it’s not worth it to rush when another big event is coming. ’Cause another bug (any other) is always fixed in less than a day.

All this like reseting modem, trying from another computer, may work or may not, but it won’t be definitive.

Yesterday while I was playing I got kicked and couldn’t come back.

We tried to make a Dungeon, I got stuck (with another toon).
So, we decided to go another place to get a jp (with another toon) – I got stuck
So, we decided to go on a lowbie to complete DR (SO BORING) – a friend got stuck…

Come on, it ruined the spirit of doing anything, even my guild. I am a guild leader and my people is leaving.

I will be playing WoW like I used to, hope this gets fixed soon so it may return my willing to play.

KLC.6304

Just Now
ISP: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (Canada)
NA Territory
SOS
2nd alt, Necro. ; I’ve been playing since 1st alt got stuck, see above. So now I am stuck going from Timberline Falls to Mount Maelstrom, in the wp.
Error: 7:11:3:191:101 Lost connection to server
That’s 2 characters stuck now.

(edited by KLC.6304)

Posted by: Sabbatum.7263

Sabbatum.7263

Reseted my modem and router billion times, still getting stuck on few loading maps.
Last one I got disconnected→

Server: Blackgate
IP: 64.25.33.69 (Southsun Cove)
Error Code: 7:11:3:191:101

But, tunneling services helps and make me able to login on these (stucked connection) maps.

Your weakness makes me laugh!

wirapuru.6548

Reseted my modem and router billion times, still getting stuck on few loading maps.
Last one I got disconnected->

Server: Blackgate
IP: 64.25.33.69 (Southsun Cove)
Error Code: 7:11:3:191:101

But, tunneling services helps and make me able to login on these (stucked connection) maps.

Hi, thanks for the tunneling tip. Any of these services you could recommend? (I’m from BR as well)

wirapuru.6548

Ok, I got it working as I said in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Connection-error-7-11-3-191-101-merged/4273426 above, through guesting. But, guess what, when I log out then tried to log in, at the VERY FIRST ATTEMPT the hell begun again.. ah well.. sadness

Posted by: Sabbatum.7263

Sabbatum.7263

Well, I’m using “Pingzapper”, this one has a trial that let you use it for 60 minutes, then will disconnect you.

Your weakness makes me laugh!

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

I don’t understand why you just think most of us just need to reset our routers? (that’s the first thing i do/try when i get network issues btw). It only appears to work because by the time you do it all, and log back in/load a new map. you are getting pushed to an overflow/new map IP address.
if you do like i & the above poster did and use -maploadinfo , you’ll see that all is fine & dandy until you hit a map/dungeon hosted on a problematic IP address. if it was our stupid modems/isp all maps would be the same issue wouldnt it ? there’s a routing problem somewhere, you just have to find the darned thing. (or maybe the server/client is simply trying to connect us to the wrong ip addresses?)

(edited by Deaths Sensei.5317)

Posted by: Azumi.9572

Azumi.9572

I’m pretty sure this problem started because of Wild Star. They just had an update when this started happening (Around the end of July). This basically nuked something with regards to NCSoft’s server(s) and is causing a ton of grief on different games under the NCSoft name (Wild Star, Aion, GW2, Lineage)

You have a bunch of companies involved in this, too. ArenaNet is just one of them.

For whatever reason, the route the traffic is taking from some consumer connections to the server locations (and possibly specific hops on their routes) is getting dropped.

As for people getting stuck – it’s possible GW2 stores the last known IP (of the map you are on) and continues to try loading into that server IP, resulting in a cycle of continuous log-outs without attaining connection as the traffic from our connection to said IP is being dropped.

My main has been stuck for two days in Straits of Devastation – unable to play him. This at a time when I’m trying to complete a time-gated grind-fest.

(edited by Azumi.9572)

Posted by: Blitzburger.1576

Blitzburger.1576

Getting same error about every 5-15 minutes, started happening today. Have tried rebooting my modem/router, did nothing to help.

Posted by: LadyMorrigan.3071

LadyMorrigan.3071

Hello, I’ve made tickets, and haven’t got any useful and definitive answer. I think it’s unfair for us to be like this, hoping “if I log, will it work? will I be able to play?” While we had to wait, like, a week? To get an answer? And still not fixed?

I think, we are the minority, and it’s not worth it to rush when another big event is coming. ’Cause another bug (any other) is always fixed in less than a day.

All this like reseting modem, trying from another computer, may work or may not, but it won’t be definitive.

Yesterday while I was playing I got kicked and couldn’t come back.

We tried to make a Dungeon, I got stuck (with another toon).
So, we decided to go another place to get a jp (with another toon) – I got stuck
So, we decided to go on a lowbie to complete DR (SO BORING) – a friend got stuck…

Come on, it ruined the spirit of doing anything, even my guild. I am a guild leader and my people is leaving.

I will be playing WoW like I used to, hope this gets fixed soon so it may return my willing to play.

I am not so sure we are just a small minority, we managed to detect the problem because we play constantly, daily. Maybe many more have issues like us, but because they log in once per month, they have no idea yet about it.
I agree that I don’t feel anymore enthusiastic about playing the game. Expecting to get stuck at any moment, with any character, is not appealing to anyone. Plus, I am working now on a legendary. Plus, I always bought gems, which I don’t feel like doing anymore.

Fort Aspenwood
11 characters, playing 8 classes

Posted by: Lilianne.5839

Lilianne.5839

ive had a mail from a GM to test something i did it and it worked for me, i can do evrything again.

NOTE:: when you do this all your settings will be put back to default settings!!!

Please go to your shortcut for Guild Wars 2 and right click it and choose properties.

In the line that says Target, add a space at the end of whats there and then -prefreset

It should look something like this: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -prefreset

Click apply and then ok.

Once the above is done, try launching the game and logging into the character you are having issues with. If this resolves the issue, go back into your shortcut again and remove the -prefreset line.

i did that and i can do evrything again i tested fractals dungeons wvw world bosses on all my toons and i didnt crash or got the error message again

Kornel Kazmierczak.1875

I just checked the method you posted with -prefreset switch and it didnt’t work for me. I don’t even know if this reseted something. Resetting router also didn’t work.

As you can see on the video which I attached to my previous post gw2 is loading Malchor’s Leap map to 100% but there are no models and agent assets loaded. On Gendarran Fields and Fields of Ruin maps everything is loaded properly. I don’t know why this is happening, but I think this problem concerns database.

Posted by: Furion.9850

Furion.9850

Well this is sad. Back to having my two most playable characters in limbo land. Can’t do dailies or dungeons again. Tried the reset router, modem, -prefreset, gw2_bak method. My toons are stuck in Kaineng at Fireheart Rise with no where to go.

Kornel Kazmierczak.1875

I’ve found temporary solution to this problem. Just download FrozenWay software. It’s a VPN (Virtual Private Network) client. To use this software you have to create free account. After that you can enjoy slow internet connection. Yeah its really slow for free users, but thanks to this I saved my 5 toons so it’s worth a try. I Hope it will help some of you guys and you won’t get stuck again. Good luck.

Here’s the video.

(edited by Kornel Kazmierczak.1875)

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

Resetting router gets your characters out of a stuck zone (and doesn’t even work in many cases) just so you can get stuck somewhere else just a bit later again.

Growing really tired of this.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I think resetting the router might only work for people whose ISP assigns them a new IP address after a reset.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

ISP: Numericable
Your territory or region: EU
Your game world: Blackgate (NA), the account is Turbonewb.9345
Number of characters with the problem: 1
The maps names where characters try to load up: Rata Sum, Battle of KhyloI first couldn’t load on my “Mostly Shatters” character in Battle of Khylo. The day after I couldn’t load Rata Sum.

This character is now stuck there. Tried everything offered in this topic, nothing worked, obviously.

Fun fact : it looks as if this was an endless connection failure loop. Normally when you load a map there is this very fast black screen just before you actually leave the loading screen and get inside the map. Now after this black screen I just get stuck in this endless loop and eventually get my error message.

Maybe the possibility of a loop is to be studied ? Like in the client failing to reach the good server and entering an endless “connection timeout and retry”a loop ?

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

GW2 is still unplayable ever since the new update, I am huge disappointed that you haven’t ATLEAST know why this issue is causing alot of players.
I can’t play on my main, FIVE of my alts and when I am playing with another character, it will also crash randomly during gameplay.
I’ve tested everything you all have said above, NOTHING worked!
Awesome, Anet...

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Blacksheep.8932

Blacksheep.8932

I’m stuck for 15 hours, its the 4th time it happens this week.
I’m about to quit playing Guild Wars 2, again.