Connection error 7:11:3:191:101 [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Ignore the Anet fanbois saying it’s out fault. It’s not. I think they’re trying to get a promotion or something. Most of my characters are stuck now, it’s ridiculous. And still no fix in sight.

Posted by: Ronah Lynda.2496

Ronah Lynda.2496

How many of you guys have updated the Nvidia driver to the last version? My friends’ problems started after that. Can you confirm you have now the 340.52?

Posted by: Agapitus.4317

Agapitus.4317

its not related to that problem its not the driver i had it before i updated the driver already and have a ton of characters stuck over severall maps now its getting redicilous about the fact they think its our problem i tell ya its sins the last update and what how many days ago and its still not fixed
They should do a server reset and see if that helps

(edited by Agapitus.4317)

Posted by: Liopy.3415

Liopy.3415

Update: 7 August 2014

Testing has confirmed that for many players, resetting their modem may correct this issue. To be clear, this does not work for every player. However, if you would kindly give this a try, it may get things back to normal for you.

In the meantime, this issue still is under investigation and we hope to have it fully resolved soon. Thank you for your continued patience!

Tried restarting more in my case did not work since the problem occurs on my character on any map and I can not even get most days I’m not playing because of error

Agapitus.4317

I agree with that liopy . Restarting modem makes it worse it seems. Well if this not get fixed soon they will loose a bunch of players .

Posted by: Jalie.1356

Jalie.1356

Your ISP : Unitymedia
Your location: Germany, NRW, Cologne
Your territory or region: NA
Your Game World: Tarnished Coast
Error Code : 7:11:3:191:101
The number of characters with the problem : 1
Map: Gendarren Fields

I see patterns. My ISP is KabelBW (also a part of Unitymedia), and I’m having the error in Gendarren Fields as well.

Posted by: Liopy.3415

Liopy.3415

I agree with that liopy . Restarting modem makes it worse it seems. Well if this not get fixed soon they will loose a bunch of players .

I agree the game will lose many players even if it continues WHAT amazes me more and a game ‘PAID’ ’have that kind of connection with probla

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

and again today, stuck in rata sum, new problem IP for me ((map IP 64.25.33.69)).

guess i’ll keep restarting game/guest til i get a new map IP…. unbelieveable this is going on so long

Posted by: wirapuru.6548

wirapuru.6548

(sorry, this will be a wall of text)

Ok, what I’m going to suggest is not a definitive fix or should be seen as a fix itself, only a workaround – but for me has been working flawlessly so far. (Next I’ll explain the whys of it, the solution itself is way below, in case you want to ignore.)

First, quickly, why I think this works (a.k.a. what I think it’s happening): After reading this entire topic and other places (reddit, guru, etc) it really seemed something around Anet’s servers network structure, together with the lack of action from the client (the game itself) to action when this structure “fails” to deliver as it should. In a simpler network structure – let’s say, when a client tries to talk with a single server at the endpoint – it’s pretty straightforward to:

1. client needs a remote resource and have the fixed remote server address x.×.×.x
  2. client tries to reach server at address x.×.×.x and opens a connection
  3. client asks for a resource through the open connection to server
  4. client receives a response from server (with data or an error) then reacts

This is simple, because when #2 fails, it’s because address x.×.×.x isn’t reachable or when #4 fails the connection dropped or some error is properly informed by the server.

Now, add to that – over-simplified and superficial – formula one single change: the remote resource the client needs doesn’t have a fixed server address. The resource can be reached in one of various servers (addresses) and that is because a MMO game is used by thousands players at the same time, and one single server wouldn’t handle them. Then:

1. client needs a remote resource, asks for an available server address for it
  2. client acquires the remote resource’s server address x.×.×.x and caches this address locally, so it doesn’t need to ask again for X hours or when the local connection changes
  3. client tries to reach server at address x.×.×.x and opens a connection
  4. … (same as before)

The problem, in my perspective, is initially created there on #2 above: as soon as the client has a remote server address for that specific resource, it’ll always try to reach it through that address until it has to renew that address. And, apparently, that doesn’t happen when it should, like i.e. when the client didn’t get the resource. And, again apparently, this happens when your local connection changes.

WHAT I’VE BEEN DOING TO SOLVE THAT
—————————————————————————-
I force my local connection to change. And that’s why, probably, the already known and repeated possible fix of resetting your router sometimes works. Problem is, it depends on how you resets it and IF the ISP will change anything about your router’s connection, because sometimes it won’t.

I force it through a VPN connection. If you want to know more deeply about it please do a research, this post is long enough already. But for what matters:

• You don’t need to have a paid subscription since a lot of these services offer a free plan with limited time or data transfer (i.e. one I used before and worked: VPNReactor ).

What you need is to change your local connection so the game have to look for another server/route and not keep trying the same f***ing setup it cached before. So, after connecting through the VPN, enter the game and try to load your char. Since I’m just one person I can’t say it’ll work fine 100% of the times, but for me it did, 100%, and got stuck a lot. After loaded I could exit the game, disconnect from the VPN, and enter again – done.

This post is already extremely long so I won’t say much more but one last important thing: even if this works for you we have the (unfortunately very probable) chance of being stuck at the next map loading. When that happens you have 2 options:

• Do the same connectVPN-enterGame-load-exit-disconnectVPN-enterGame-play procedure again with the free limited VPN service.
  • Or, as I did because I already use VPN for other stuff, to subscribe for a paid VPN plan and switch servers/IPs/etc whenever you want – although through a VPN connection I never had any stuck-loading problems (which falls to the other discussion about ISPs throttling/blocking/etc routes, which I won’t enter into discussion now, heh)

Welp, I did write this wall of text because I was looking for something like that and through some tips here and there from others – which I thank you a lot – I ended up with my own solution. It’s definitely not a worthy solution or fix for many, but a workaround for those, like me, wanting to play the game – even with some trouble – until (let’s hope) Anet fixes it.

Posted by: Bonesy.3529

Bonesy.3529

both my main characters have been stuck in Hoelbrak since last night on Maguuma server…

Posted by: Druid Of Chaos.8941

Druid Of Chaos.8941

I have two characters stuck; one in Lion’s Arch and one in Hoelbrak.

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

Your ISP : Telekom Deutschland GmbH
Your location: Germany
Your Game World: Yak’s Bend
Error Code : 7:11:3:191:101
The number of characters with the problem : 2
Map: Cursed Shore

I only log in for dailies any more and do those on my two main characters – in Cursed Shore. If i can’t play on them any more then i guess i won’t even login for dailies.

[Yak’s Bend]

Agapitus.4317

stil no fix from anet they on holiday or something

Mental Paradox.3845

This is it, the last of my characters is now stuck.

Game over.

Posted by: Quietlife.4036

Quietlife.4036

Characters keep getting stuck in either Caledon Forest or Twilight Arbor, guesting is a temp fix, don’t know how long this will hold up. 12 pages of replies and we’re not any closer to a fix.

Posted by: Lanfear.9802

Lanfear.9802

Using VPN and then logging in solved the issue this last time. Seems that the IP you are coming from also matters for the error.

Posted by: TekknoTroll.9703

TekknoTroll.9703

Was fine for a few days, logged in today and can’t get in to JQ BL at all.

Siol
EU, Slovenia
NA
Carnished Toast
7:11:3:191:101
Jade Quarry Borderland

Tracing route to 64.25.38.241 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 2 ms 6 ms 1 ms ****************
2 14 ms 8 ms 8 ms BSN-access.dsl.siol.net [213.250.19.90]
3 11 ms 5 ms 15 ms 95.176.241.147
4 74 ms 34 ms 34 ms 212.162.28.5
5 159 ms 200 ms 154 ms ae-10-10.ebr2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.151.186]
6 161 ms 156 ms 168 ms ae-82-82.csw3.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.140.26]
7 154 ms 164 ms 163 ms ae-81-81.ebr1.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.140.9]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 165 ms 154 ms 155 ms ae-44-44.ebr2.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.137.62]
10 158 ms 177 ms 160 ms ae-82-82.csw3.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.134.154]
11 156 ms 159 ms 162 ms ae-81-81.ebr1.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.134.137]
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 149 ms 148 ms 157 ms ae-7-7.ebr3.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.134.21]
14 180 ms 161 ms 159 ms ae-63-63.csw1.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.151.133]
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 159 ms 159 ms 165 ms 4.59.197.34
17 151 ms 153 ms 153 ms 64.25.32.9
18 167 ms 161 ms 174 ms 64.25.32.26
19 155 ms 161 ms 148 ms 64.25.32.82
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Posted by: Cuatroku.2765

Cuatroku.2765

I play wvw on Tarnished Coast, currently I am unable to get in to Eternal Battlegrounds or sell items correctly on the trading post, i am not aware if issues regarding other maps are affecting me as Divinity’s Reach, Lions Arch are working normally.
My issues started with the “fix” patch of August 6th, on the first log in after update I got an error message saying I should contact Customer Support, however the subsequent log in attempt was successful so all appeared fine.
Unfortunately for me getting in to Jade Quarry borderlands was not possible on August 7th but then the next day I could not access Eternal Battlegrounds instead and that is the situation up to the present. Clearly, as a wvw player not able to access EB, my game is broken, all I can do is play EoTM until the problem is resolved. Nightmare!
It is apparent that the issue originated with the recent update and has affected significant numbers of players globally and across the entire game.
Like a ghost in the machine this is a problem that is difficult to isolate as it affects different clients in a non uniform manner and can be intermittent. My guess is that there is a conflict in the IP permissions and paths that allow clients to communicate with the servers and their partitions within the game architecture itself.
People are reporting that their friends can see their characters appearing in the locations yet their own computers are not receiving the return packets that put them in game and they subsequently time out receiving the ubiquitous error code. Also if you can resolve the issue using a VPN then an IP permission path problem would seem to be the cause. Someone suggested a corrupt IP database , this is possible as in my case the issues started upon reregistration of my client after the fix update.
Proving chaos theory here, a tiny piece of code in the wrong place has impacted massively throughout the GW2 universe, I do hope you techy dudes are working on this over the weekend as it is a ballache for all of us affected as I’m sure you realize.
Good luck and peace to you.

Posted by: DarkusTheFirst.6890

DarkusTheFirst.6890

Now the problems have gone even more wonky. I cannot enter the Ascalonian Catacombs. I cannot enter the Black Citadel, two of the PRIMARY points of interest of ANY Charr character.

What the heck is the team doing?

They know we still exist right? Where be the signs we are actually going to get a fix? What is being done?! What the heck Anett?!?

Posted by: Jalie.1356

Jalie.1356

All three of my level 80 characters are currently stuck in the Sparkfly Fen loading screen. Looks like I won’t be able to do Tequatl today.

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I’m luckily not getting stuck as much because I’m mainly key farming, so I’m in and out of personal story instances which you can’t get stuck in… if you get the 7:11:3:191:101 error while loading into one(or while playing in one), you just get bumped to the zone you entered it from when you re-log. But the frequency it is happening is so annoying… As is how long it’s been affecting me — it’s been a week now.

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

So guild missions are extra fun since this bug. You switch map, get the error, can’t guest because that makes the whole point pointless…. so you guild is kind and moves maps and we find a working server.

And it get full. Some days you can’t win.

Posted by: Canheki.3679

Canheki.3679

Hi, i bought the game 5 hours ago and trying to install it, however it installs so slow like 3 kbps apart from some spikes till 1 mbps before giving connection error for a minute or so… i believe this DNS issue affects the installation aswell can anyone confirm?

Posted by: Canheki.3679

Canheki.3679

I used VPN and installation is back to normal again

Posted by: Zanshin.5230

Zanshin.5230

ISP: BellAliant
Region: NA
Game World: Sea of Sorrows
Error Code: The game client has lost connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (code=7:11:3:191:101)
Number of characters with the problem: Currently 2 – Tyr Lantz (main) and Whoie Dooie (alt).
Map name(s) on which the character or characters are trying to load: Divinity’s Reach

This issue started out for me shortly after the latest patch. It started as an occasional thing that could be fixed by closing out of GW2 entirely and restarting the application, but just tonight has completely locked me out of my main and one of my alt toons. Both were trying to load into DR (one via a waypoint and one via the main entrance from Queensdale). I get this error now on both toons no matter what I do.

I have tried all of the usual connectivity fixes; Restarting my modem/router, opening the proper GW2 ports, enabling DMZ and disabling AVG anti-virus. I’ve even tried all of the fixes that I’ve read people used in this thread and nothing has worked for me so far.

I really hope this issue gets resolved, but I’m not all that optimistic… It seems like this has been a problem for people for quite some time.

I’ve been playing GW2 for a couple of years now and I’ve never had issues like this. This has only started happening to me this past week…

Tyr Lantz
GW2 – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: kyro.5476

kyro.5476

Well…guess I’ll have to send again…more details…
Already replied at page 3 or 4…things topic is getting amazingly awful, don’t you think ANET guys? I just hope you’re really working on that ‘cuz it’s been 12 pages and it’ll sure be a lot more and if most of the players here have the short-fuse I have, you bet a lot of people won’t play Guild Wars 2 again and they’ll even tell other people interested in the game to not even think about playing Guild Wars 2 ’cuz even the game being the best we ever have seen, the continuous issues and the fact that their causes are still unknown makes it unplayable.

Last weekend just my warrior was stuck…in mt. maelstrom, fireheart rise and couldn’t do to eternal battlegrounds no matter how I tried. I’ve used the -prefreset and I could go to Eternal Battlegrounds last Sunday.
During this week my warrior, my guardian and my elementalist got stuck in a diversity of maps(queensdale, the groove, fireheart rise, couldn’t get on ascalonian catacombs, mt. maelstrom, lornar’s pass, lion’s arch, etc, etc).
I’ve already sent a ticket in the support and you’d told me to use PingPlotter for at least 30 minutes. I did and the information about the ip I was tracing was nothing ‘cuz PingPlotter wasn’t receiving data from the ip. So I’ve asked a friend that lives in other city(another state too), and uses another ISP to try it and he got the same result with the ip of his currently map. So I’ve tried using MS DOS to see from there if I got some data of my actual location Ip…no response…100% package loss.
The leader of my guild and a big friend of mine told me to use a few programs to see if I was with some malware or virus and if it was causin’ me trouble in the game, I’ve done all he asked me too and it’s far away from my solution.
As I’m seeing in a lot of answers here in the forum most of the brazilians like me that are experiencing this issue in the last days use the same ISP as mine but, my friend that uses GVT already told me that sometime ago he was experiencing something like that when the server was kind of “down”.
A few minutes ago I’ve tried to use -repair to see what comes from it…same thing a dude said before…it verifies the archives but the 0% keeps….what a f***!

I was so happy with my first legendary weapon but I guess I won’t be able to play with it in the most fun moment of it ‘cuz I barely can log my guardian now(he’s stuck at fireheart rise now..was stuck at lornar’s pass before).

It’s just my speculation but maybe this problem is caused by the connection routes we use to the servers of GW2? Like broken routes that are unknown or didn’t had the needed maintenance to keep goin’…

Always trying to learn to never be a noob again.

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

Please note. We would like to know the following:

• Your ISP
  • Your location (country and, if possible, general location within the country, such as state, region, etc.)
  • Your territory or region: NA or EU
  • Your Game World (such as Fort Aspenwood, Desolation, Arborstone, etc.)
  • The full Error Code you are receiving. (A partial code will not aid the investigation.)
  • The number of characters with the problem
  • The map name(s) on which the character or characters are trying to load

Thank you for providing that information.

• ComHem
  • Värmland, Sweden
  • NA (I assume you want the in-game region)
  • Tarnished Coast
  • 7:0:0:793:101
  • Lion’s Arch; The Grove
  • ComHem
  • Värmland, Sweden
  • NA
  • Tarnished Coast
  • 7:11:3:191:101
  • Metrica Province; Lion’s Arch; Plains of Ashford

Two separate error codes. Most likely related or even the same issue, as the symptoms are identical – about 10 minutes of loading followed by the error code. Three characters fine, in Lornar’s Pass, Diessa Plateau and Rata Sum respectively.

This is written before trying to fix the issue on my end. I will attempt to do so now.

Edit 1: Flushing DNS or restarting the router was a no go, however using a VPN as described by others did work to get back on the maps that wouldn’t load. Just to double check, closing down the VPN after successfully logging in caused the same error code on the same character on the same map. However, enabling the VPN once more and moving the character to one of the maps one of my characters worked on (Rata Sum), followed by disabling the VPN and logging in on my usual connection worked just fine. Looks like this’ll be the most efficient workaround until the issue is resolved.

The VPN I used can be found here: https://openvpn.net/
I could post a referral link, but I don’t feel right profiteering from other people’s suffering (doubly so since I only use the service because I suffer in the same way), so I won’t.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

(edited by Jigain.8231)

Posted by: Lilianne.5839

Lilianne.5839

:( evrytime i try to enter a dungeon i get he error and when i enter a high populated map or waypoint. i cant join for guildmissions.

i understend it can take a wile for anet to fix certain problemsbut this is taking so long andin the meantime the problemis getting worse:(

i really hope anet finds a fix soon

(edited by Lilianne.5839)

Posted by: Sylaves.8132

Sylaves.8132

Mentlgen !

You might scan your dear PC’s for a viruses or other unwanted software. It fixed problem for me as I was going NUTS trying to resolve that issue ( also thought that was something with my Network interface controller. Try using stuff like ComboFix + 9 lab removal tool. They are free and they are doing their job perfectly.

Posted by: ArckmngK.5172

ArckmngK.5172

This isn’t about viruses because I re-install windows7 on my PC and NOTHING CHANGED.

Posted by: Ryukyay.7291

Ryukyay.7291

Well, at least for my problem that occured with the latest patch, Pingzapper helped me out. (Or it’s a placebo effect, don’t know. Kept having disconnects every few minutes. So far with Pingzapper installed, an hour in without disconnects). If nothing else helps, maybe something like that(or other VPNs, as mentioned above) could . I know it’s not a real fix, but it could temporarily lessen your withdrawal symptoms.

Posted by: Rafty.4298

Rafty.4298

ISP: BT
Region: I am EU, but play on NA servers
Server: Tarnished Coast
Error: 7:11:3:191:101
Character’s with problem: It has happened several times however I usually fix it by guesting however one of my characters is currently permanently stuck (as guesting did not fix it)
Map: Straits of Devestation

Lilianne.5839

this is just weird i cantload into Cursed shore on my mesmer(getting the error code) but i can on my Ranger, i really wonder what theproblem is,,

Posted by: Furion.9850

Furion.9850

I finally decided to use VPN software. To my amazement this got my character moving once again. I am sure the problem will come back because I turned off the VPN. However, I will enable it again if the problem occurs. The VPN software I am using can be located at https://www.okayfreedom.com/ . Simple to use and most of your GW2 stress issues will vanish. At least those that relates to this connection error bug. Once your character is able to log in and move around, I suggest you turn off the VPN because you’re only allowed 500 MB of data activity for the free option.

If modem, router resets, -reapair, etc., does not work for you. Try the VPN option. I think most people should suggest a VPN program which help solves this GW2 connection issue, until Anet can get a 100% working fix.

(edited by Furion.9850)

Posted by: Cuatroku.2765

Cuatroku.2765

The fact that using a VPN solves these issues proves that IP identification is the root of this problem, unfortunately it seems that the coders are on vacation or not at their desks to work on an answer to a problem which is not limited to a small number of customers. Personally I do not want to start using a VPN or a proxy just to circumnavigate this problem, I do not have internet problems at my location and my authorised IP should be sufficient to access all areas of the game.

Posted by: Fairy.7186

Fairy.7186

Keep getting stuck when loading. This last time in Kessex Hills, when exiting story instance just 3 minutes ago. This has been going on and off now for a week, and is very disrupting. Both my mains are now locked out for some reason.

Is anything done? Just a “we’re on it” will help assuage the “despair” of not being able to play.

Lilianne.5839

i hear more and more people everyday that are getting this problem not only in my friends list but also in my guilds and their friends wonder how long it takes before no1 can play anymore:(

Posted by: Harbinger.5129

Harbinger.5129

Just loaded my toon to keep up with the Living Story Season 2, talked to Eir (btw the way they pronounce her name is totally wrong, no way Eir sounds like “air”). She told me to go to Frostgorge Sound. I left the instance, opened up the map, selected the WP and, surprise!, my toon is again stuck in the void. heh.

I don’t have any connection issue with anyother game, interwebs, etc. Then I’m not switching/changing my VPN, IP whatsoever. I’d rather play my Divinity OS in the meanwhile.

The only thing I’m missing is the AP from dailies and the opportunity to blow up Teq. Besides that, I hope Anet will fix things asap.

(edited by Harbinger.5129)

Posted by: Mitzilfligz.4028

Mitzilfligz.4028

I seem to be getting the error every time I log in. If I somehow get through after 12+ attempts, I can’t complete a fractal run because the error pops up in between load screens. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Posted by: Inanna.9348

Inanna.9348

Your ISP: BT
Your location Caithness, Scotland
Your Game World: Ehmry Bay
The full Error Code you are receiving: 7:11:3:191:101
The number of characters with the problem: 3
The map name(s) on which the character or characters are trying to load: Lornar’s Pass

Sometimes I’m able to connect with my toons, but it has now been about 12 hours since I’ve been able to play either my level 80 Mesmer, Warrior or my level 36 elementalist.

Posted by: Zanshin.5230

Zanshin.5230

Well, this seems to be greatly affected by the time of day for me. Last night during peak North American hours, I was completely locked out of Divinity’s Reach once any of my toons tried to zone in to that map. I just tried logging in today (after changing nothing on my end) and I was able to get in to DR first try with no problems…

So to me, this is pointing towards a server issue when it’s under a heavier load of online players…

Tyr Lantz
GW2 – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Suika.9810

Suika.9810

This has happened to me several times now. First time being about a year ago, but it has now recently occurred much more frequently. It can now happen several times a day. From my experiences, a reinstall always solves this problem for me. I am not sure if it is the actual reinstall that solves it or if it fixes itself during the time I am reinstalling. Repair never worked for me. Sometimes it works to guest a different server with that stuck character. But this does not work at all times unfortunately.

I also think that the similar problem in the original Guild Wars (GW1), as well as the issues with the slow download of the game is related to this one somehow. I do not know how or why, but they all have the unpredictable connection related issue in common and it was stated somewhere that the original Guild Wars servers are kept at the same place as the Guild Wars 2 servers. But then again, I am far from any expert!

Anyways, here is my info:

ISP: Glocalnet

Region: NA (but I live in EU, obviously)

Server: Yak’s Bend

The full Error Code: 7:11:3:191:101

The number of characters with the problem: All characters, new and old.

The map name(s) on which the character or characters are trying to load: So far I have experienced this problem in Lion’s Arch, Rata Sum, Brisban Wildlands and several times in Lornar’s Pass.

Edit: This has also happend in Fractals of the Mist, preventing me from joining my party and completing the dungeon run.

(edited by Suika.9810)

Mental Paradox.3845

Keep getting stuck when loading. This last time in Kessex Hills, when exiting story instance just 3 minutes ago. This has been going on and off now for a week, and is very disrupting. Both my mains are now locked out for some reason.

Is anything done? Just a “we’re on it” will help assuage the “despair” of not being able to play.

Just quit GW2 for a few days/weeks. Personally, I’m playing through Crysis again. When I’m done, I kind of expect GW2 to be playable again…

Posted by: broin.3856

broin.3856

ISP: EUnet.rs
Region: NA
Host World: JQ
Error: 7:11:3:191:101 or getting stuck at loading screen every now and then
Characters: 2
Map: 64.25.33.41 and 64.25.33.92 Both are Divinity’s Reach

Edit: I’ve started encountering this error 2 weeks ago, every 3 days on average.
Edit2: Guesting no longer works for me, nor does flushing DNS or changing IP.

(edited by broin.3856)

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

You really need to fix this, is kittened, 2+ weeks allready with this problem, which is a gamebreaker for many players and no fix, game is unplayable like this…. Stop releasing PVE content full of bugs like this.

Posted by: Biggby.6034

Biggby.6034

Try changing worlds if you have a character stuck on a map.
I had several characters stuck on different maps and by changing worlds I was able to get onto those characters (on the second world I tried), and this seemed to work for others in a reddit thread where I found the suggestion.
This doesn’t help if your trying to do WvWvW, dungeons, or fractals but can at least people who can’t access characters at all may be able to access them.

Posted by: Azumi.9572

Azumi.9572

So, here’s what seems to be the facts:

This issue is happening to all games under the NCSoft logo (Aion, WildStar, GW2, Lineage)

This issue didn’t start until around July the 28th

WildStar, and later GW2 both had updates around this time-frame (Sabotage for WildStar, Dragons Reach for GW2)

This issue is happening to people in many different Regions (Australia, Canada, Latin America, United States, Europe)

Using a VPN or other rerouting program fixes the issue, but nothing else works

The issue seems to be internet traffic route issue. Whatever the problem is occurs between the Players connection and the route the data takes from the Players connection to the NCSoft data-servers. Using a VPN reroutes the path the Players connections takes to NCSoft servers, enabling a working connection. So, some data-centers along this route are not functioning correctly.

The problem is – who does this issue fall under? The many ISPs from many different regions whose customers are experiencing this problem on NCSoft games, but nothing else, or NCSoft/ArenaNet/Carbine etc.

Ergo, this is a multifaceted issue which more than likely won’t be fixed in a satisfactory time period.

A Dev. on Aion basically said the only solution right now is the use of VPNs.

Which isn’t an option for some people, meaning right now, GW2 simply isn’t an option for some people.

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

This issue is happening to all games under the NCSoft logo (Aion, WildStar, GW2, Lineage)

This issue didn’t start until around July the 28th

This issue is happening to people in many different Regions (Australia, Canada, Latin America, United States, Europe)

Using a VPN or other rerouting program fixes the issue, but nothing else works

Interesting, I don’t play Aion, but indeed, they have the problem too, it’s actually the exact same problem:

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=131973

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=131982

Posted by: Marles.3086

Marles.3086

This issue is so annoying. I got a dishonorable debuff recently because of it. I quit the game for now until the problem is fixed.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

This is frustrating. I’ve been having this bug since last week, i cant even do fractals anymore because it can randomly make me impossible to progress then. Right now i was doing fractals and completed the first one, but then the second one i cant even get past the loading screen, and i need those fractal relics for my obsidian shards :/