Connection error 7:11:3:191:101 [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DanNoland.6057

DanNoland.6057

Pretty unplayable. After max. 5 minutes ingame i get the dc.

Server: Riverside
System: OS X 10.9.4
Provider: University (not the reason for the crashes)

Attachments:

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Blame the mods for merging threads. I posted in another 7:11:3:191:101 thread that was about recurring disconnects while playing, instead of character lock-outs at certain zones. All those posts are in this thread now.

Did not consider that when I posted, so sorry if my post implied posters doing something wrong. Actually did not intend to assign “fault”, just stating that there are likely dozens of failure causes that can generate this particular error. The error is important, but does not automatically mean everyone that gets it is failing because of the same “defect”.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I got what you meant with your post. I just chimed in to explain why things are how they are in this thread. Merging all threads with this error hasn’t done any of the different problem camps any favors. My own posts and posts similar to mine have been buried deep under the more prevalent loading screen problem posts and new posts in our vein seem like distrations.

Posted by: Urdhgag.2450

Urdhgag.2450

Hello, I’d like to put in a bit of my insight and information i gathered when it comes to what causes this sort of errors.

Fist of all: It is not caused by router options. All of the required ports are open when it comes to mine, i check that daily. However even using the -clientport 80 did not solve the problem with conectivity for me. How do i know? I brought second PC to my table, set it up for GW 2, and during time of two weeks made a marathon of playing over 12 hours daily. During that time, after initial hickup (had a minor dc, but it was lost wifi, so after that i connected it with cable), no crash occured. This way we can also exclude the wrong, or problematic ISP. Two computers, one ISP, one comp dcs, second doesn’t.

It seems that also setting certain rules, when it comes the firewall, does not help. I am certain that all of my ports are open – using the PFPortchecker. The ports: 80, 443, 6112 and 6600 are all wide open and accesible for both TCP and UDP packets.

My computer has been conected to my router both with usual Ethernet cable, and USB. Crashes occur despite of which cable or device am i using to establish connection. It is also not caused by Network Interface Controller, because i used the built-in one (the crashes occured) and bought an external part connected with PCI connector, and right now i am using simple USB cable.

Right now I am going to make a couple of tests when it comes to having my antivrus software turned on or off. I have installed the AVIRA antivirus, which is different when it comes to the other PC as far as i remember. Perhaps it has something to do with Windows firewall. I am thankfull for any and all ideas folks, so plese throw them all at me. We will figure it out eventually. Together.

The crashes occure “rarely” between 1 and two hours. Only in guild wars.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

bummer, i didn’t know this many ppl have it

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Collective.9206

Collective.9206

Since the last update on the 13th August. Gw2’s own servers (or data center routing) have been in catastrophic meltdown with major disconnects for many players and heavy stuttering and pausing whilst in-game. I have tried several methods such as changing my dns, resetting my router etc, but to no avail.

I have tested my own internet several times over and it has not had any issues at all. Unfortunately this seems to be on Anet’s end and it’s been getting pretty bad today especially. Sat in MOunt Maelstrom waiting for the Golem. Constant disconnects and pausing.

P.S: Just to add, I’m in the European region and Desolation is my main server. This issue -seems- to be related to the EU side only, at least from people I’ve asked.

ISP: British Telecom
City: Southampton

Loving my toxic themed Asuran engineer >:)

Posted by: Urdhgag.2450

Urdhgag.2450

Update: It is not a matter of windows version for i have run my game in Xp sp3 mode and vista mode, but to no avail. Will try to turn off firewalls…

Posted by: Liraela.3601

Liraela.3601

From few days sometimes i have insane lags in game.
And this isnt problem from my connections because when i have lag for ~1,5 min (no comment) and in same time i can normal typing and speaking in chat. (and do not got disconnect from internet).

Mostly time in dungeons i have big lag and then got info that game lost connection with server (after this i’m at change character). And do not got disconnect from internet.

I asking ppl about it in game and ppl said me that they have same problem….

Can you pls fix it Anet? Ppl lose alot by this problem.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rocksteady.4083

Rocksteady.4083

The game is downright unplayable right now. Errors and crashes on every step. If any of the characters is not already in a world zone ( i.e just created characters, or characters that got dced during teleporting ) can’t get loaded. game just crashes. Out of 3 my chars, I can only load one.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I will agree that there is SOMETHING going on with routing to Anet Servers from EU as a number of members of my Guild connecting from the EU are having major disconnect issues at times. However, ALL of them (about 10) report that the problems ONLY happen during local peak hours and that they are currently in “discussions” with their ISPs about potential “throttling” and routing issues during these hours.

All of the above is second hand hearsay (but they have no reason to lie to me as I am attempting to assist them).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

This is a MAJOR issue. I don’t understand how/why ANet doesn’t care and doesn’t follow this problem (with communication and investigations about this).

Posted by: Jinx.2079

Jinx.2079

I am getting this error since last night 8/22/14 after reset. I cannot load some characters at all. Some I can load but cannot change maps. I have checked all ports and reset my router. None of that changed anything. I submitted a ticket and am awaiting response. Hopefully a fix is found soon as I am almost completely restricted from play. I have never had any issues like this before.

Posted by: Sarah.5364

Sarah.5364

I am also having a terrible problem with this! Since 8/21 I cant stay logged in for more than 5 mins. Its so frustrating! Ive done everything the error code suggestion has said. NOTHING is working.

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

Had some problems with disconnects starting after loading a new patch on 8/22, got random white screens or disconnects. Since today I have incredible lagspikes (20 seconds+, rubberbanding, people teleporting around me, skilllag, wvw is unplayable) and get this error every few minutes in wvw and get disconnected (with the topic title error).

No problem with internetconnection, no new software installed, windows updates up to date (win7) etc. Others in my guild have the same problem (Server: SBI).

Someone said, arenanet would publish news if it was a general problem (like DDoS attacks) and that there are no news, so it can’t be a general problem. Soooo… any news?

Posted by: Kazuto.2798

Kazuto.2798

Had no problem running Guild Wars 2 this morning, but after the small patch today (8/25) I started to constantly get kicked back into the character selection screen w/ this error code. It would kick me out anywhere from a few seconds to five minutes max after logging in. I wouldn’t have any lag w/ anything else and the game runs smoothly, it would just randomly skill lag and kick me out. Tried restarting computer, router, /clientport 80, etc. Don’t know if it will persist tomorrow, but currently it is unplayable. I’ve had the same problem before but it would occur every few hours rather than a few seconds to a few minutes.

EDIT (8/26): After hours of trying different solutions last night, I managed to fix it so it seems by port forwarding 80, 443, 6112, and 6600. Was able to play an hour without any disconnects. I will see today if I am able to play for a longer time to see if I had actually fixed it though.

EDIT 2 (8/27): I just experienced my first crash with this very same error today after about 3 hours of gameplay. Now it is starting constantly kick me out again.

EDIT 3 (8/27): I just did some research on this, maybe my firewall is blocking connection to GW2. I have tried trusting the IP addresses between “64.25.30.0 – 64.25.39.255”. Going to see how long I could play for now.

Kiwi
Sempiternal Order [SO]
Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Kazuto.2798)

Posted by: Sr Jr Rogue.9617

Sr Jr Rogue.9617

connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

I am getting this again I fixed it last time by changing to my back up hard drive.

Attachments:

Posted by: riot.2651

riot.2651

I’m getting this error in last 2 weeks, sometimes on tequalt, and fractals… I’m getting big lags, can’t cast anything and then im getting code 7..

Posted by: ToxicTorgo.1805

ToxicTorgo.1805

Starting within the last 12 hours, I’m getting " Connection error 7:11:3:191:101 " very frequently – often I last <1 minute in game. If I do stay in game for a while, I rubber-band, a lot.

Like Kazuto, it’s definitely hit me only after the 8/25 patch.

Posted by: robmarkcym.9160

robmarkcym.9160

I would like to add my name to this list. It’s been happening since 12/08. Have attempted multiple recommended fixes to no avail. Am at a loss for what to do. It’s very frustrating and I feel that it’s a matter of time before I am forced out.

Posted by: Flugsau.2358

Flugsau.2358

My family and me are experiencing the same random disconnects as well ( 7:11:3:191:101) . Including the massive lag , since a few days , around 6 pm ~12 pm CEST ( 1pm EST ~ 6 pm EST ) which is our evening playtime . due to the rubberbanding and skilllag , WvW and other activities are unplayable !
Server NA Dragonbrand
Edit : No Internet or PC problem , checked everything

(edited by Flugsau.2358)

Posted by: Baldur.6815

Baldur.6815

I’ve been experiencing this problem ever since I’ve gotten home today, where the game will constantly flash errors at me at the character creation screen, whenever I’m able to get past it and log into a character, the game immediately crashes with a similar error, what’s going on?!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/1a3e3ce069bf3b0f12eaaf3df9a5910c/tumblr_nay3peBuBd1rv0r4jo1_1280.jpg

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

Okay… never experienced this error that much all in a sudden so many times in a row but just now. Got it at least 6 times consecutively meanwhile running to world bosses.
Don’t really think its a ‘my end’’ problem as everything else works fine.. :/

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Posted by: Ecke.4576

Ecke.4576

Have the same issue as everyone else, I was really excited to see the fix on the lvl 76 quest (can’t think of the name atm). So I hopped on my ranger, map traveled twice and then froze while trying to connect to the second map travel point.

Hope this gets fixed soon

Posted by: Puddingskins.8412

Puddingskins.8412

Having the same error code. Can only play the game for about five minutes before getting booted out with this error code.

Posted by: furricane.9758

furricane.9758

Reporting in!
Random disconnects, rubberbanding, massive skill lag, massive lag overall. (for a week now)
Piken Square EU

fix it, ty!

PikenSQ EU / Hässisen Pällikone ~Warrior / Ei Niin Pehmeä~Mesmer / Ei Niin Tiukka~Ele

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

A-net needs to fix this

Well, it is (to my knowledge) fixed. As far as I’ve seen, though I could be mistaken, there’s not been any new reports of the character lockout bug that this thread was made for.

I’m not sure if the continuing stream of obviously unrelated disconnection issues are because of people mistakenly posting these in the wrong thread (namely this one), or if moderators keep merging other threads with this one despite the threads dealing with completely different issues.

Perhaps we could get a moderator or equivalent to rename the thread into something less ubiquitous than the standard error code, and more along the lines of “Character Lockout Bug [merged]”, to help alleviate both potential incomes of incorrectly-placed posts?

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Posted by: Jinx.2079

Jinx.2079

Reporting back in from my previous post about this from over a week ago…. I am still getting the error. I have been back and forth with Anet and my ISP. Both are passing blame. Nothing fixed.

Posted by: ganthus.3681

ganthus.3681

Well, just to add one more to this issue.
I play from Brazil on America region on Sea of Sorrows server and I’m also having these disconnects for a few weeks now. It is impossible to play. Another friend that lives here is having the same problem on his PC. Hours of play or a few mins and BAM, error 7:11:3:191:101 on your face. Totally random.
Everything is working fine with our router and ISP. All ports used by GW2 are open and no firewall in place.
This gotta be on A-net end.

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

I have gotten the 7:11:3:191:101 error code every time it happens. I get on GW2, after a few min i start getting a lot of lag, doesn’t matter if it is skills interaction or chat, and after about 15min- 1 hour (usually closer to 15min) i get sent back to the character screen with the error message. this has happened on almost all of my characters at least once. also during the laggy times while i am in PvP it sometimes makes me immune to incoming conditions and damage other than from conditions i already had as well as causing me not to count towards point capture or preventing point capture. and it seems that whenever i get sent back to the character select screen and get the error code I also get logged out of this site, (i saw this because i was reading through between matches and needed to log in again to post). At this point I am willing to record myself getting lag, sent to character select, and the error code if A-Net thinks it will help them fix it. and i don’t know if it will work but I am going to try the VPN thing and hope that A-net doesn’t try to ban me for it.

SRG.3607

Already had several errors 7:11:3:191:101 since yesterday. The feature patch hasn’t corrected this problem.

When will this be corrected ?!

Quite noticably : today during the Maw event, i got disconnected. Once back, i spoke with other players on map : several players had been disconnected at the exact same time from the exact same map (of course we’ve met again on another map instance and not on the previous one where Maw was nearly dead).

Posted by: lokoteko.6128

lokoteko.6128

I have been havin this error since update 10/09/2014, previously that update i played without any problem,
i just log on any character and after a couple min i get this error, it seems there no solution on forum just wait for a patch that fix this problem

any advice or solution helps
ty

Posted by: Gehax.2341

Gehax.2341

I got the same error message too, its like some packet loss or unable to reach server. open port for 443, 6112 and 6600 doesnt help at all. Hopefully Anet can fix it ASAP.

SRG.3607

I got the same error message too, its like some packet loss or unable to reach server. open port for 443, 6112 and 6600 doesnt help at all. Hopefully Anet can fix it ASAP.

It’s like that since TWO MONTHS for me now.
Obviously ANet doesn’t care at all, so it probably won’t ever be fixed.

Posted by: Phoenix.5047

Phoenix.5047

I’ve been having disconnects since a few days prior to the feature patch. Every few minutes it’ll disconnect with this error, usually mid-pvp fight or just after a PvE boss kill (both dungeon/fotm and open world).

Attachments:

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Is there any way to force connecting through a certain IP address / port to circumvent traffic shaping? This seems to only be an issue with a few servers – the vast majority of the time I’ll only see this error on switching maps, but doing so will usually make it impossible to load any map for hours at a stretch. I suspect that means traffic is being slowed/blocked on route changes that take it through certain hosts.

Given that it’s a campus network, the only reliable solution I’ve found so far has been connecting through a VPN, but paying a de facto subscription for GW2 alone is a bit ridiculous, particularly when it sometimes works just fine. Thus I’m wondering if there’s some other way to dodge the filter.

Posted by: Episcopos.5206

Episcopos.5206

I get the same message. However, you guys mention you can stay logged in for a bit – mine never actually finishes loading the character in the map before i get the message.

info: I used to play gw2 then stopped, then after re-installing it 2 days ago i’ve never made it past this point. I am connected on an enterent cable through to a Uni-provided internet service (i live in a residential hall) but i’ve tried going trough any settings that effect this and couldnt find anything (turned fire wall off, ect)

Posted by: Episcopos.5206

Episcopos.5206

What i don’t understand is the first people posted in this forum around a year ago – does that mean there has been no clear solution since? (as in no large amount of people are reposing and saying “by the way this isn’t an issue for me anymore”?)

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

What i don’t understand is the first people posted in this forum around a year ago – does that mean there has been no clear solution since? (as in no large amount of people are reposing and saying “by the way this isn’t an issue for me anymore”?)

It’s confusing, I know – and I would’ve loved for it to be clearer. What happened was that about a month and a half ago, this thread was created because the thread creator was having an issue with some characters being perpetually stuck on a loading screen, and eventually returned him to the character selection screen with the error code listed in the title (which is a generic error and not something that is specific in any way; much like “404 File Not Found” doesn’t have a single common cause). As more and more people came forward with experiencing the same issue (myself included), Gaile Gray renamed the thread into what it’s named today and was very forthcoming with information, tips and assurances that the team was working on a solution. Many threads on the same topic (the character lockout bug, as I took to calling it) came up and were merged into this one. Eventually the bug was fixed (for the vast majority) by a completely non-related patch a few days later.

Now this is where the confusion hits. Suddenly moderators keps mass merging just about any thread referencing the error code listed in the title, even if they were COMPLETELY unrelated to the issue this thread was for. The result is a mass of thousands of different issues, with no structure whatsoever, being completely ignored by the support staff as the issue in the thread was solved. The post you are refering to, the one from over a year ago, was no doubt merged into this thread not too long ago.

I’ve asked numerous times to have this thread locked, renamed, or deleted just to stem the confusion (not to mention the numerous ignored issues because they’re merged into this thread before anyone can get a good look at them), but so far my pleas have not been heard – again, probably because no one bothers to look in this thread as it’s “solved”. I think I’ll try reporting my own post this time and pray that someone takes notice of it, and takes appropriate countermeasures.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Posted by: Cheeky Git.4632

Cheeky Git.4632

Right. This has now gotten to the point I cant even submit a bug report.

I usually have 2 clients running, a pc and a laptop. I randomly get the seriously annoying 7:11:3:191:101 error. Usually on the pc and now and again on the laptop but never at the same time.

In the past I submitted a bug report every time it happened thinking if I annoyed the support folks as much as I was getting annoyed, they might bump it upstairs.

Now I cant even submit a bug report. I log on, immediately open a bug report, get 7:11:3:191:101 typed and it disconnects before I can submit and tells me I have a 7:11:3:191:101

There is no commonality to the disconnects. They can happen in any zone, at any time. Usually, annoyingly, just as the World Boss dies so I get to lose the loot.

Despite having sunk near £500 into the game over three accounts and gem purchases, I am thinking its time to go find a different game. If this is the case, I can guarantee it wont be an ArenaNet game.

All the usual fixes have been attempted, rebooting router, etc. I even defragged the dat file (which helped for a while). I am not doing that to often or it will reduce the life of the SSD.

Only Guild Wars 2 is affected. Whilst I am getting the disconnects on the pc, the laptop is fine, as is my iPad, so I have to assume the hardware and the quality of my internet is fine.

I guess it will be put down to packet loss, my hardware blamed, and nothing done.

A shame, as the support people usually do such an exemplary job.

Cheeky Git.4632

And yet another disconnect

Cheeky Git.4632

And another disconnect

If one of the support team feel like contacting me to say this has been sorted and is no longer a problem, I would welcome that

Cheeky Git.4632

And yet another disconnect

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Happened to me since this morning too. Like every 2-5 minutes, back to character selection screen. I guess i wont pvp today. Oh and i had a time gap at the start of the match, everything was fine until the gate opened and i was left alone, everyone else was already on mid :/

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Posted by: Furby.7610

Furby.7610

Same error here. 7:11:3:191:101
Disconnect with every Character after a few Seconds of playing.
For 2 Days now…

SRG.3607

Still happens a lot, at least once per day, most of the time a few times per day. Of course often happens at worst moments (like last burn phase on Tequatl).

MyPuppy.8970

Did the -diag command, looks like chinese to me but the way i understand it, i can’t do anything

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

MyPuppy.8970

I thought something goes wrong in the routing, so i played through a vpn, but still got dc with the same error code again. And i’m on vacation, this is really frustrating T_T

Anyone ever managed to get rid of that error code?

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

Posted by: Zorainda.3495

Zorainda.3495

Two weeks now of getting constantly disconnected with this error . Last 7 minutes I’ ve been kicked back to the characters selection screen three times. It’s getting worse and worse.

MyPuppy.8970

I’ve made several traceroutes, seems like there’s many packet losses and timed out requests past hop 5 or so, before reaching Anet’s servers … i believe there’s something wrong with the routing, maybe i should check with my ISP, that’s gonna be a pain.

Luckily everything else is fine.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]

MyPuppy.8970

Tried another VPN, taking a different route, seems to work, no dc so far

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]