FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Card approval failed. Ongoing issues since game was released. Appreciate a permanent solution to this so I can invest in your company.

#130221-000492

Thank you for your desire to support the game. As one of our team members told you, you’ll need to contact your CC carrier (bank, other institution) and once they clear this, you should be able to make your purchase. We have cleared you as much as possible on our end, but the bank owns the final function.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Card Approval Failed using multipule cards. Put in ticket but I’m not holding my breath for a quick reply – thought this might work better. I am unsure how to find the number associated with the ticket – sorry. I definitly have enough money on both cards I tried, and I have not spent very much this month so it should not be blocked for that reason. Have been unable to make a purchase for over 24 hours now. Hoping it will be resolved tomorrow but I have heard these issues can go on for weeks! I really hope this is not the case.

It’s a 12-digit number, often called an “Incident Number” that beings with 13. It should be on one of the colored bars in the ticket response. With that info I can review and see what’s happening with the ticket.

Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Deena.2756

Deena.2756

Card Approval Failed on multiple cards both on New Credit Card and Paypal.
#130223-000251

Posted by: Razuall.8157

Razuall.8157

Unable to purchase Gems at the Gem Store using Paypal. After finishing up at the Paypal page, the next page it loads says transfer error. I have tried 3 times today and even topped up the paypal account just to make sure it’s not a credit card problem. No problems previously when I purchase them using the same Paypal account.

#130223-000635

Posted by: HollowDean.5134

HollowDean.5134

I have a question for users who want to buy gems with CC, and get “Card Approval Failed” error message. Did you get your CC in your country, or did you get it from another one?

If the credit card does not come from the country in which it is being used, it can cause a lot of “potential fraud” alarms to go off. So your question is reasonable, because in those cases, the player will need to discuss the matter privately with Support so they can assess the situation.

So this is why I can’t buy gems with my credit card? I asked because this was the response from support.
I live in Slovenia, and about a year ago I opened MoneyBookers account, which is in UK, and they send me their pre-paid Mastercard. I never had any problems purchasing stuff from sites like Amazon, etc.
I really wish this could be resolved, I really need more bank slots now that I play with more than just one character!

Posted by: txaggie.2190

txaggie.2190

I tried unsuccessfully to purchase gems this morning using a credit card. I have used this same card on at least two occasions with no problems.

#130223-001633

Posted by: Wiggelz.7108

Wiggelz.7108

Feb 23, 2013 06:42:53 PST
Transaction ID: 61T13959C3190372H
Hello matthew pierce,

You authorized a transaction to NC Interactive, Inc.. Money won’t leave your account until NC Interactive, Inc. processes your order.

(support@ncsoft.com)
Thanks for using PayPal. To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account. Keep in mind, it may take a few moments for this transaction to appear.

Merchant
NC Interactive, Inc.
support@ncsoft.com
Instructions to merchant

Invoice ID: 31769473

I have been having issues with this i just bought some earlier and it worked but now it wont

Posted by: bipolarcandy.5196

bipolarcandy.5196

I tried unsuccessfully to purchase gems this morning using a credit card. I’ve used the same card several times with no errors.

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Hi,

I just purchased a bag slot expansion and a bank slot expansion from the Promotions section of the trading post, NOT by clicking the lock icon in my inventory and bank. I payed the 800 gems, but I don’t see the expansions. In the Recent Purchases tab of the gem store it says “Double Click to Add Tab” when I mouseover the two items, but I tried double clicking and nothing happened. If I try clicking the lock icons now, I’m told I don’t have enough gems.

I assume I’m just doing something wrong, so any help would be appreciated. If it’s a bug of some kind I’ll create a ticket.

Thanks!

EDIT: didn’t receive anything via mail either, I’ll check whether my mailbox was full in the morning

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

(edited by Daemon.4295)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Guys, we have a display issue that is causing some concerns with a promotion going on right now. That’s not to say this will address every issue in this thread, but for those trying to buy the game, please read on.

Here’s the official wording that players should be able to get if they use “Ask a Question” about this:

The Order Summary is slow to update when there are changes made. The promo price will appear on the “Order Summary” once you enter all of your credit card or PayPal information in the fields provided.

Promo Sale offer applies only to Digital Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition purchased through buy.guildwars2.com from 7pm CET (10am PST), 22nd February 2013 to 9pm CET (12pm PST), 25th February 2013.

So I think you’ll find that you do get the promotional price. But of course, I’d suggest you contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you with any individual issues you’re having, and the turn-around time is pretty quick these days.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Brian.4258

Brian.4258

i’m have problems with the transaction can’t buy gem with paypal or cc

Posted by: Urik.2854

Urik.2854

Also unable to buy gems, submitted a ticket. #130225-002173
Credit card is fine.

Posted by: Pack Rat.9215

Pack Rat.9215

I am unable to complete my purchase in the Gem Store. I fill out the Credit Card information and when I go to the next screen to submit, the submit button is greyed out. It never fills in what I am purchasing? I have let this window remain open for at least 10 minutes and it never does fill in with what I am purchasing.

Posted by: ruzifis.9235

ruzifis.9235

please take a look and resolve my submitted ticket #130227-001271
thanks for your support Anet !

ruzifis.9235

thank you Anet for resolving my ticket #130227-001271

However, after I’ve bought gems for 3 more transaction, the same issues comes back again. So I ask you to pls look at it and solve is once more . The ticket ID is #130227-001519

Thank you for your support

Posted by: Hlowan.3872

Hlowan.3872

Bought keys, gems were deducted, but the keys were not delivered. I have no mail in my inbox at all. They aren’t even showing up as the most recent purchase.

#130227-001602

Posted by: Kentlar.2165

Kentlar.2165

Hey

I cant buy at the gemstore and i get errors at both paypal and visa. And have bought before without problems. ticket nr. 130222-002376

Posted by: Blakavar.5134

Blakavar.5134

Hi there,

Credit Card/Paypal are still showing “Credit Card Approval Failed” when attempting to purchase from Gem Store.
I have logged a ticket but it keeps getting marked as duplicate.

Any help would be great, thank you

EDIT: 130301-002044 Ticket Number

Posted by: txaggie.2190

txaggie.2190

I tried unsuccessfully to purchase gems this morning using a credit card. I have used this same card on at least two occasions with no problems.

#130223-001633

Thank you for helping me with this issue. Worked great this afternoon.

(edited by txaggie.2190)

Posted by: viperziv.6034

viperziv.6034

Hey i’ve got left 15 bucks in my PP account and i wanna buy gems with that but seems like u dont accept 5 dollars
any chance one of the supporter can help me here?
thanks

Posted by: Dextra.8162

Dextra.8162

130303-000719

Buying gems has always been a problem for me. It will work fine for a little then mysteriously not work for days, then work again. I contacted my bank numerous times, but there is nothing they see on their end that is causing this.

Stuffed Bunny – The Easter egg warrior ;3
Oublietta (Dolly Dearest) – The creepy doll mesmer.
Princess Dolls [Doll] ~ Of Darkhaven

ruzifis.9235

#130303-000902

system says I have to confirm my identity so I submitted the ticket, pls have a look at it. Thank you Anet

Posted by: Moffel.5798

Moffel.5798

130303-000896

bought gems with paysafe, didnt get my gems, but the money was taken from my paysafe cards.

Posted by: AzuraSkie.3207

AzuraSkie.3207

130304-000307

Same here lol. First time I ever have this problem, in GW2 or otherwise. Always using pre-paid cards and never had any issue before so I will leave it in your capable hands to resolve this

Posted by: iBlackRope.2165

iBlackRope.2165

Having the same issue.

#130304-000770

Posted by: WeeBabySeamus.6742

WeeBabySeamus.6742

purchased gems multiple times yesterday, and had my CC company restrict my card due to suspected fraud. I have resolved the issue with them but now I am unable to make purchases on gem store, as it keeps saying there are issues with CC.
Ticket #130304-001219

Posted by: Eskepesk.4106

Eskepesk.4106

Ok so whenever I try to make a purchase I get the message saying “Card approval failed. We appreciate your continuing purchases. Please contact customer support to confirm you identity before making additional purchases.”

There’s no error message or anything, where do I do this?

Posted by: Dastreus.2316

Dastreus.2316

Been trying to buy gems with my credit card, but the Confirm button won’t light up. At times, Ohio/OH shows up red and I have to wait for it to go through.

Hi Dastreus,

Can you tell me… when this happens, does the number of gems you’re purchasing and your total price show up on the left side of the window?

Belated response, but I finally got it working. I tried the next day and if I recall correctly, the credit card number had to have no spaces for it to go through.

Posted by: mardook.3072

mardook.3072

Hello,

I’ll just copy-paste the issue I’ve reported to Support Team:

“I made an exchange about an hour ago from gold to gems and there were information about “failure” of thr operation. I tried to log off and I couldn’t log in until now. When I checked the gem store i still had 4 gems instead of ~1210 (!) I’m a little bit confused with that… I’ve lost gold and I didn’t received gems…"

They replied to me that they can’t do anything with that. I’m, to put it mildly, disappointed and angry.

Is there no way to get back spent money (~24 gold) or to receive that gems (1205) ?!

Help me please, I’m casual player and such amount of gold is really important to me… it cost me a lot of time to gather. I’ve heard that there were some issue with logon serwers? Is it connected somehow?

#130305-002132

Regards.

Posted by: KiMoChiiX.2589

KiMoChiiX.2589

#130306-000611
i can’t buy a gem with my card.i did everythings
and it’s still not working : (

Posted by: Dragon.9564

Dragon.9564

I have been trying to buy gems using paypal for like the past hour to get more character slots but keep getting this insted “An error occurred finalizing your purchase.” I have checked all my paypal info and made sure everything matched and still get that message.

Posted by: Dragon.9564

Dragon.9564

ok found out what was wrong, my paypal had the wrong time zone, for anyone else that runs into the same problem like I did check your paypal account timezone settings.

Posted by: Orion.4908

Orion.4908

#130306-001758

Card Approval failed.
We appreciate your continuing purchases. Please contact customer support to confirm your identity before making additional purchases.

I can’t seem to purchase more gems. Please help me.

Posted by: gumpo.7518

gumpo.7518

when i try to purchase gems i get the message " card approval failed " even though i know i have money. im using the credit card ,visa. and have no idea why this is happening ,if its something wrong with gw2 or the info im giving but i have bought some gems earlier and that worked fine.but now i just keep getting errors.

Attachments:

Posted by: cherrylane.2508

cherrylane.2508

i just tried to purchase the amour skin in the gem store.it took all my gem but it did not give me my item

Posted by: KrazieOne.7863

KrazieOne.7863

when i try to purchase gems i get the message " card approval failed " even though i know i have money. im using the credit card ,visa. and have no idea why this is happening ,if its something wrong with gw2 or the info im giving but i have bought some gems earlier and that worked fine.but now i just keep getting errors.

im getting this same error… using credit card and paypal… all have funds..

Posted by: nighthawk.5409

nighthawk.5409

I just tried to buy gems today and it told me card approval failed please check details and try again if you still continue to get this message please contact support

Posted by: Halthur.9654

Halthur.9654

I am also having issues trying to buy gems. The confirm button is greyed out. And there is nothing noting my purchase even though I selected an amount.

Attachments:

ANet 2012 – Play how you want to play.

ANet 2014 – Play how we tell you to play.

Posted by: deathsyz.6154

deathsyz.6154

this is really a joke for me. I tried different ways to buy guild war2. and now i can not buy gems by my credit card. i used different credit cards but it still not work. this is really awsome feeling when u play a game without store service.

Posted by: Sallana.5431

Sallana.5431

I attempted to purchase $35 worth of gems using a Vanilla Mastercard. I received the “Card Approval Failed” message.

It would be great if this could get resolved quickly. I’d love to support this game, but I am currently unable to do so.

Posted by: Demonyo.5408

Demonyo.5408

Credit Card Failure. #130311-000225
Please Fix, Will not let me buy gems.

Posted by: Falkor.6137

Falkor.6137

I can’t buy gems using paypal, as many other players.
#130312-000037
Please enable the purchase.

Posted by: Creativewild.6319

Creativewild.6319

Currently i am unable to purchase Gems from TP, tried Paypal and Visa, already restarted the client but no luck. Credit Card and paypal works fine on other services.
Anyone with the same issue?
ANet can you help?

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

Posted by: Rungster.9507

Rungster.9507

I have the same issue. Yesterday I got a response saying the store was down for maintenance, but it still is not working.

#130315-001464

Posted by: Bendial.5643

Bendial.5643

[Incident: 130316-001689]

This is absolutely ridiculous. I had the exact same issue back when the game first launched and I cannot believe you haven’t solved this 6 MONTHS LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I contacted my bank, they aren’t even getting the request from your company. All of my credit cards fail, my friends credit cards fail, my pay pal account fails. I submitted a ticket to support, but of course I’ll probably hear back in a few days since you guys have no phone support. I really want to support your game but WOW you are making it difficult.

Posted by: shiller.5328

shiller.5328

I tried to buy 5 Karma boosters when they were on sale for 220 and it subtracted the karma but I did not receive the items. I do not have a full mailbox and I didn’t get an incident number.

Posted by: Pablo.5213

Pablo.5213

I’m having a similar problem,
Cannot buy gems, I’ve tried with two different paypal accounts with the same result: at the end of the paypal transaction i’m getting an error.
Both paypal accounts has cards with money in it and if i try and buy directly with the card within the game I get an error processing the card.
I’ve already posted a ticket in game but as of now I had no reply from anyone.
A friend of mine, using one of the two paypal accounts mentioned before, did a purchase just last night so I’m guessing there’s a problem on arenanet end.

Help please?

T.

Posted by: sanpats.5104

sanpats.5104

Can’t buy gems using two credit cards, a debit card, and PayPal. 130320-001058

Posted by: gentlegerbil.1579

gentlegerbil.1579

I’m having similar issues to others… and it’s definately on GW2’s side.

Details:
1. Purchased without an issue last night with the credit card information I saved on my account.
2. Wife went to add credit card and got a similar screen to below (credit card authorization failed).
3. Tried to add my credit card back to test if it was her card; My credit card which was used only hours prior also failed.
4. Called my bank to check if there was a block or anything. Also to verify the EXACT typing of billing address information, name, etc. Bank identified with me that it cannot have failed since they never even had a log entry. In other words, the details of the purchase never even reached my bank.

I see several mentions from GW2 support to check for blocks, issues with credit cards from other countries, etc. I have comment to this: Guild Wars 2 Support Staff. Stop passing teh issue onto others and start taking responsibility, THEN, actually do some checking and fix the solution.

Now honestly? I’m a bit miffed, but I have to laugh at the irony that this isn’t a game glitch that angers the patrons that actually payed good money for this game, but rather a glitch that is preventing willing people that want to give you money from doing so…. all the while getting terrible support and having the support say it’s not on their end. Basic principle of business: if someone wants to give you money, take it.

Attachments:

Gaming since 1992.

Posted by: gentlegerbil.1579

gentlegerbil.1579

Guys, we have a display issue that is causing some concerns with a promotion going on right now. That’s not to say this will address every issue in this thread, but for those trying to buy the game, please read on.

Here’s the official wording that players should be able to get if they use “Ask a Question” about this:

The Order Summary is slow to update when there are changes made. The promo price will appear on the “Order Summary” once you enter all of your credit card or PayPal information in the fields provided.

Promo Sale offer applies only to Digital Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition purchased through buy.guildwars2.com from 7pm CET (10am PST), 22nd February 2013 to 9pm CET (12pm PST), 25th February 2013.

So I think you’ll find that you do get the promotional price. But of course, I’d suggest you contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you with any individual issues you’re having, and the turn-around time is pretty quick these days.

I would highly recommend you work on the glitches that plague the credit card payment system and other “functional” systems before you work on your promotions. Especially since you can’t receive money if no one can pay. Sort of defeats the purpose of advertising!

Gaming since 1992.