in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: obscurapdx.7860

obscurapdx.7860

Check out radio obscura at www.obscurapdx.com

FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

obscurapdx.7860

Seems to be that prepaid cards/gift cards (what I am using) trips the payment risk system. I agree with you on the fact that time frames are not exact ally desirable, but support handles a ridiculous amount of tickets of which half usually tend to be about something the player could of solved on their own or from help from the community. I think that prepaid/gift cards should be looked into on why they are tripping the payment system. Unfortunately I can’t do anything to speed up your service time-frame as I don’t work for Anet, and I apologize, I can only offer support and ideas as to what may be causing the issue. I have requested to Gaile that we might merge threads of this type to cut down on the work flow of having to scan these forums for ticket numbers. This at least might decrease response times.

I never expected you to do much since you don’t work for Arenanet. Despite my poisonous words, I’m really just frustrated with it since it’s always a chore. It’s clear enough that the billing system’s security is flawed and that response times are not good enough when offering time-limited offers in BLTC.

ArenaNet is usually pretty good about providing a good customer-facing experience, but the BLTC is their weakest point right now.

I agree completely with you on this aspect, Anet has been very helpful to me over the years since I have been a customer, with Gaile helping me a couple times personally. At this point it is a race for time to get the items you want in the TP. This is certainly frustrating and I hope they get to your ticket asap. Your words do not come across as posionousat all, rather just coming across as a frustrated customer.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I did. ANet’s Customer Service “unflagged” my account so that I could purchase more gems. Here’s the deal: Each time I make a $50.00 USD purchase in the Gem Store, ANet flags my credit card. The next time I try to make a similar purchase, ANet turns it down since they flagged it after the last purchase. Because it was a failed transaction, my credit card company also flags it and then my credit card becomes unusable. So, each 50.00 purchase results in my credit card becoming flagged both at ANet and the credit issuing company. I predict that this is going to have to change on ANet’s side of the transaction, because a tremendous amount of revenue is being lost and there are undoubtedly going to be a lot more purchasing opportunities in a month for the next holiday events.

That could be what is happening, sure. But what I’ve learned in investigating these situations is that it’s often the reverse order: The bank/CC issuing agency blocks the purchase, then unblocks it, but with that block, our security elements kick in, and it’s a circle that sometimes is best addressed with a call to the CC company rather than to us.

Having said that, since you’re discussing with Support, and since they can review your individual situation, I feel sure they’ll work with you and make the purchases possible.

I am very sorry that you’re having this level of frustration, and we really do want to make it easier and more pleasant for you to purchase gems! Thanks for sticking with us, despite the hurdles, and thanks for your support of our game!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

obscurapdx.7860

I do certainly agree that could be the case Gaile, but Prepaid cards/gift cards do not block transactions unless the balance of the card is below the intended transaction amount. such in my case 50.00 which is the amount I usually purchase in Gems, I think the system may be flagging purchases of higher amounts because it appears suspicious to the system. IMHO of course.

obscurapdx.7860

Just a note.. temporarily flagging for 24 hours doesn’t fix the problem. There is a fundamental issue with the way billing does security.

Agreed that there are certainly flaws in security. I think a proper way to handle it would be to implement an in game system that upon choosing your transaction amount and entering your details it would require you to enter your account password , or maybe even make it so you have to create a password used for transactions, once entered it would confirm the purchase. Then there would be less chance of fraud unless the password was too simple or discovered, at that point the payment risk system would be more effective. Lots of merchants do this such as amazon, ebay etc etc

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

Even then, other sales to other digital distribution places such as Playspan, G1, Steam, etc. all don’t have issues with this. What is it about ArenaNet that causes these problems when MANY other entities do just fine?

At this point, my Credit Union doesn’t even see the transaction attempts.

obscurapdx.7860

Even then, other sales to other digital distribution places such as Playspan, G1, Steam, etc. all don’t have issues with this. What is it about ArenaNet that causes these problems when MANY other entities do just fine?

At this point, my Credit Union doesn’t even see the transaction attempts.

The fact that the transactions are not showing up denotes a potential bug in the payment system. At this point I am sure/hope they are looking into this. I was not aware that your transactions were not even appearing.

obscurapdx.7860

I am going to go look at my transaction log as well.

Posted by: Dracil.8365

Dracil.8365

So I just remembered several days ago I bought the Halloween mini pack and the gems were deducted but I didn’t seem to get them. Didn’t appear in inventory or in mail. I thought maybe it would take some time, and it was today while reading some posts about Halloween stuff that I remembered I never got it. Could you please look into it? Thanks.

Posted by: Morpheis.2356

Morpheis.2356

I’ve been locked out of purchasing gems since Friday night. I was on a business trip Sun – Tues so I was hoping the issue with my account would be resolved when I got back. Unfortunately I just attempted to purchase gems again and got the “Card approval failed”.
I created a support ticket before I left but it’s since been closed (last email I have about it stated “I am escalating your ticket for further assistance. Once your ticket has been reviewed, someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.”) and I never was contacted with a resolution/explanation. So I’ve created a new support ticket: 121031-002712

Stormbluff Isle
Shining Force [SF]
www.shiningforce.net

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

Support got back to me and let all transactions through for 24 hours. That solves the immediate problem, but as I said before; I’m getting tired of having to “call” before paying ArenaNet.

So in this case, no.. it wasn’t my Credit Union or Paypal that was blocking these attempts, but ArenaNet. I hate to be mean, but ArenaNet has got to figure out a better way to stop fraudulent charges without impacting legitimate customers.

(edited by Freyar.3254)

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

#121031-002913

I bought a 700 gem witch costume in the gem store, and then I did actually receive it in my mail. However, I didn’t take it immediately because I wanted it on a different character, and then when I later tried to get it for that character, when I checked my inbox the message wasn’t there anymore. I didn’t delete the message or do anything to it, but both it and the latest halloween guide were gone from my inbox. I tried cleaning out my inbox and they still didn’t show up.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Posted by: Phlix.5738

Phlix.5738

I’m unable to purchase gems. I tried initially with a credit card, my bank declined it for suspected fraud. They’ve removed that and allowed purchases to go through again. I tried paypal, failed, then tried another credit card and failed again. So I’m assuming my account has been flagged. [Incident: 121101-000103].

Posted by: BlauE.5640

BlauE.5640

unable to load into the payments model list … just like this pic:

http://i.imgur.com/eUHbK.jpg

And so i have reported and open ticket with this issue over 2 months:

120825-002865

Then no helps on it…

Posted by: ArwenTinuvie.5089

ArwenTinuvie.5089

Unable to purchase gems and i was hopping to get the Halloween pets/skins looks like I won’t be able to since most of my friend had to wait up to a week for responses to their tickets. Keep getting card approval failed. And yet I can use it everywhere but on the Black Lion Trading Company. Really don’t know if I want to continue with a game that allows such a short purchase window for limited holiday items. Going to bed for a few hours and hopefully it goes through when i get up. [Incident: 121101-000942]?

Posted by: Vilgefortz.4581

Vilgefortz.4581

support ticket number 121101-001252

Cant buy gems from a gemstore for few weeks now. “card approval failed” for both of my credit cards. Paypal is not working and even entering a code is not working.

I called to the 2 different banks it is not because of them.

Please solve this issue ASAP

Posted by: Flumburken.6217

Flumburken.6217

121026-000860

Still can’t buy new gems due to the “Card Approval failed” error when confirming the purchase. I’ve contacted my bank and they see no issue from their part, telling it’s more likely a problem from this side of the fence.

So now both sides are pointing at one another, so it’s not really solving anything for me and most people here. This has gone over a week now.

Posted by: Doushka.3489

Doushka.3489

Hello,
(Ticket 121024-000682), has been pending since Oct 24th. Issue with not being able to use my paypal or 3 different credit cards to purchase any gems from the Gem store. Appreciate a resolve.

Thanx for the Halloween event, was a blast

Posted by: Khalaza.9851

Khalaza.9851

Hi, i bought gems for gold on oct 31 then purchased the halloween minies. the gems have been removed, i got the tutorial popup(for gems purchase) and the minies show’s in the “lastest purchase” but never received the mail with my minies – nor do they show in my collectibles.

tried reporting from ingame but to no avail,
happened on blacktide server

Posted by: BrbTea.3805

BrbTea.3805

Hey, I have recently bought a Karma-Booster in the Gem-Store, but I did not receive it. I checked my mail (still have space in my inbox), and my inventory, nothing there. So a little later, I bought a second one, and still did not receive anything(still the gems were removed). I’m on Far Shiverpeaks.
Could you help me in solving this problem please?
Thanks in advance.

obscurapdx.7860

no response regarding my ticket other then the escalating to billing support response. I would like to purchase some gems seriously. This is getting extremely frustrating That I can’t support Anet by purchasing gems when I want to

[Incident: 121030-003153]

Posted by: Elunarie.9283

Elunarie.9283

I have been able to purchase gems up until just recently – my last purchase being 2 seperate 4000 gem purchases. Yet here just yesterday I attempted to purchase one more item, and was denied. I tried with both of my usual payment options and both were blocked.

#121102-000323

// Bathea Havocbringer \\

Posted by: arctic.8736

arctic.8736

Cannot purchas more gems. No incident number, just says contact support if the issue keeps happening.

Posted by: Gidget.4263

Gidget.4263

#121102-000758

Can you take a look at my report please.

Posted by: ezze.6037

ezze.6037

hello, ive never submitted here before, so i dont really know much.

but alittle earlier today i bought 1600 gems, and spent 900 of them on the phantom hood and witch costume, and i got the gems, but i didnt get the costumes…
please help…

#121102-001141
could you take a look at my report please?

(edited by ezze.6037)

Posted by: Dragoon Moon.1574

Dragoon Moon.1574

I purchased Devil horns and mini spooky trio but i never got them.
Dragoon Moon

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Incident: 121102-000569

Bought witch outfit and a pack of normal minis. Didn’t received them. Also, I accidentally bought TWO witch outfits when I meant to buy one. Even though I don’t have anything yet it shows in my purchase history and it was deducted from my gems. I am not sure if it’s possible but could I exchange the extra witch outfit for a mad king outfit? That or just return the extra witch outfit and get a refund. Thanks.

Posted by: Mint.7135

Mint.7135

Incident: 121101-000434

i have put all my info in and tried both credit card and paypal but all i get is that my card was not approved or that they could not finalize my purchase.

any help would be appreciated.

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Question.
I made a purchase of some gems today and want a refund on them (not used), i’ve filed the refund request as stated here

As such is there any sort of time frame on how long refund requests take, is it days/weeks etc? – just wondering.

Incident: 121102-003070

Thanks.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Posted by: chilali.1204

chilali.1204

001:000600:61567

I’m also having an issue with Gem Store purchases not showing up in game. I bought a Random Dye Pack and it never showed up in my mail.

Thanks for looking into it!

Posted by: Veld.4130

Veld.4130

Incident: 121029-001489

This is absolutely infuriating. 2 Cards, not just 1 that both work PERFECTLY with every other service and company purchase i have ever used them for require me to contact support just so i can use them with this company. It absolutely boggles my mind that in this day and age a company can get something so fundamentally integrated into their business, so horribly wrong that other companies have no problem managing.

It’s like they’re saying to people we don’t want you to access our game/store so we’ll just make you have to fight with our system. I’ll try and be patient for another few days while support gets back to me (assuming they will) again. But if this isn’t resolved permanently for me after this, per what i said in my most recent response. You’ll have lost a customer for this and any other game you offer in the future. Because being annoyed when all i am trying to do is use a core service is not worth the hassle.

(edited by Veld.4130)

Posted by: Laggin Dragon.3062

Laggin Dragon.3062

Incident 121103-000710

Like others, I bought items from the Gem store and never received the mail. That was 6-7 hours ago, just tested it again with the Devil Horns and again didn’t get the mail for that one.

Alcott – Level 120 Ele
Leader of Core of Scarlet/Sapphire Alliance [CoSA]

(edited by Laggin Dragon.3062)

Posted by: Shockpoint.6734

Shockpoint.6734

Please look into my gem store case: 121102-001421

Support had a support account created for me but I have not heard from you since.

Posted by: Rook.2071

Rook.2071

I bought and Dint get my Primeval Armor Skin. Please Do some thing about this. it was hard to buy that cause its hard for me to get gold fast.

Posted by: Enjae.1673

Enjae.1673

ive bought 8 exp boosters and 4 magic find boosters off the gem store and none have been recieved via inbox or bag and id like to know what is going on and or be refunded or be reimbursed for them. even better yet id just like my boosters already itsbeen 3 days. i purchased them on a necromancer named kiljaedan lifesteel but im regularly on my ranger khorbein. please respond in game asap. this isnt fair for those who paid for something with their own money and arenanet isnt reimbursing them for their money or purchase.

Posted by: Pandora.7981

Pandora.7981

121025-001302

could you please look into this?
I’ve been in this recurring situation and I currently
wish to buy more gems since more than 24hours ago,
but still no reply.
same thing, approval failure and asked to contact customer support.
thank you.

Posted by: Arcane.1526

Arcane.1526

121103-001080

Still haven’t had a reply and really want to buy the gems. Have not had a problem buying gems in the past so why all of a sudden is it saying card approval failed!

Thanks

Posted by: Savagepaw.2064

Savagepaw.2064

Yet another issue buying gems! For some reason all my cards (all 4) and my paypal won’t work and all I wanted was some gems to celebrate my promotion

[Incident: 121103-000835]

Posted by: Arcane.1526

Arcane.1526

It has now been 36 hours since i was last able to buy gems… If this is some sort of security feature it should not prevent you from purchases for longer than a 24 hour period. Nothing back from support, I have to come to the conclusion that your customer support doesn’t work during the weekend (Possibly what I would say is the busiest time for issues)

:( All I want to do is give you more money

Posted by: Melanos Mind.7946

Melanos Mind.7946

Credit Card Approval Failed
[Incident: 121104-001289]

PS: Paypal doesn’t work too.

Posted by: Zogtee.9058

Zogtee.9058

I haven’t posted in this thread for a while, because I haven’t been playing the game.

Last time I heard from Support, they told me that the problems I was experiencing with Paypal transactions not working properly wasn’t actually their fault, it was Paypal’s fault and they could “prove it”. They didn’t explain how they reached this conclusion or how they could prove it, though. I thought this sounded like a load of rubbish, but sent Paypal an email about it. Not surprisingly, they didn’t know why GW2 failing to start a Paypal transaction was their fault and I had no proof to give them, so I left it at that.

I popped back in GW2 for Halloween to see if anything had improved, but no, it’s the same old thing still. A lot of racist user and guild names around (despite people reporting it), rampant botting, Paypal still doesn’t work, and utterly worthless support.

You genuinely do not care at all, do you?

Posted by: Varkhus.8762

Varkhus.8762

Wow…I’d just like to add my own experience, same as many other users. I have not once been able to buy gems even though I used my MasterCard to purchase two copies of the game. I use the same card for Steam, iTunes, Amazon with no issues. Heck, this same card has been on my NC master account since late 2004 when I started playing City of Heroes! I’ve checked with my card company and they have not blocked any attempted charges. It really seems to be “something” on NC’s/ArenaNet’s end that is causing the problem.

I registered with the forums just now, simply to chime in on this issue. I came here looking for a shred of hope but it really seems rather pointless. I’ve not created a support ticket, why would I add another to the thousands that already exist on the same subject? Obviously they know there’s a problem. This seems to me like the kind of long-term thing that may (hopefully) be fixed a year or more from now, along with other lingering game bugs. I recently made level 80 with my first character, and it’s been great fun but I don’t think I’ll want to do it again anytime soon on an alt character. There were things I put off buying till I reached 80, such as a bank tab, my last bag slot, etc. I bought some cheap rare armor at 80 which looks horrid, so I thought what the heck, maybe I’ll buy a cosmetic armor set. Even though I’ve tried buying gems once or twice in the past, I thought “it’s got to be fixed by now…right?” Wrong. I still get the “Card Authorization Failed” message.

So while I still expect to play once in a while (my son is still leveling so I’ll run around with him) the gem buying issue has really cooled my interest now that I’ve reached level 80. I can’t do things that I had planned to do at this point in the game. I also have been completely, utterly amazed at the quality of the game and the art design, and having always maintained at least one ongoing monthly sub fee (and sometimes two) in the past, I would be more than happy to spend money in the gem shop, because I feel the ANet devs have earned it. But I can’t do it, unfortunately. I can tell you that I will certainly spend some money when this issue is cleared up – if I’m still playing when that happens. But I am not going to file a ticket and I am not going to go out of my way for what is already a well-documented issue. I’d just like to see it get fixed.

Genavelle.9516

I just wanted to post again to say I submitted a help ticket about my issue with my gem shop purchase disappearing from my inbox, and received an email that it was being worked on and I should receive the item within 72 hours. This was three days ago and I still have not gotten the item that I purchased in the game. I just really hope that this is being worked on, or at the very least I could be refunded my gems, even though the item I tried to buy is limited time and will probably only be available for a couple more days.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Posted by: wickedpickle.9651

wickedpickle.9651

hi
i purchased the halloween mini pets in game and they are not showing up in the pick-up tab for the bltc.it says recieved on my items purchased but i have not recieved them..
thank you

purchase what made this morning 11/4/2012

i had 200 gems then purchased 300 more with the gold trade system.. that all worked fine and i had 500 gems.. so i then purchased the mini pets, and it took the gems but no critters showed up ..

[Incident: 121104-001398]

EDIT

reply i received from support..We would like to apologize for the time it has taken to address your gem purchase issue.

But in regards to your Gem Store purchases, there seems to be some confusion with how in-game mail actually works. You can have only 10 mails from store purchases and other players in your mail box at any one time. If you have old mails in your mail box they could be preventing you from receiving any new mails containing your items. So please delete anything you have in your in-game mail box-after making sure you grab any items or money in there. In some cases deleting a few mails still doesn’t free up the box for pending mail so deleting all mails is the way to go.

this DID fix the problem..

(edited by wickedpickle.9651)

Posted by: stratgan.2638

stratgan.2638

I can’t buy gems either. #121105-001910 this is the incident #.

I’d love to help support you folks. Please fix

Posted by: Squishy.4967

Squishy.4967

Well, I’ve been having problems buying gems for the past week, I’m just going to give up and go buy a Gem card. It’s really annoying, because my boyfriend attempted to buy gems the same day as I and succeeded without a problem. I don’t understand why I’m having this problem and why after 2 months it’s still an issue. :/ I used various cards and none seem to work. >;[ I shouldn’t have to call my provider to purchase gems, kind of ridiculous.

Posted by: Tziankarisch.9237

Tziankarisch.9237

I cannot remember the exact day that i first got problems purchasing gems but it was during Halloween, i bought some at the start of Halloween but then a couple of days later i could not, and also at the same time my husband could not purchase anymore either

On the 1st of November after we had waited a couple of days (read somewhere that there was a limit on how many transactions in a certain period) and had again found failure in trying both our cards and our paypal account, I submitted a ticket about it

Incident: 121101-001098

I got a reply the same day telling me…

Hello Adventurer,

I am escalating your ticket to our Payment Review Team to research your issue. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Fredy
NCsoft Account Support

Sadly 5 days later no update at all, while i do appreciate that Anet are busy with many things to deal with at this time, this issue should be given a top priority surely as they are loosing revenue, and not everyone will be happy to just wait around until they deem to grant them the privilege of paying them money.

Seriously guys, i have had similar once before in an mmo, because their system was worried my credit card may have been compromised, it took a quick “freephone” call to get it sorted out, not several days/weeks as folks are experiencing here, this needs to be addressed ASAP.

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

121106-002048

I have three pending transactions being held against my account for the one gem bundle I tried to purchase and was told the transaction failed. The response I recieved from support was as follows:
Hello,

Thank you for providing that information.

Your previous transaction attempts failed because the CVV number you entered from the back of the card is not matching what is reported as correct by your financial institution. We’d like to suggest that you contact your financial institution to resolve the CVV issue, or that you try using a different credit card.

If this were the case that it was a cvv issue then why would the transactions be showing against my account in any shape form or fashion? This is the same card I used to pre-purchase the game and use online for various other things and have no similar issue. While the response did go on to further say that these transactions will not actually post to my account, the money is still tied up in limbo until the pre-auth falls off which is frustrating to say the least. I suppose I will not be spending money with ANET/NCSOFT, even if the option exists to purchase a gem card why should people who wish to support this otherwise wonderful game be forced into that method when there is supposed to be a online way to do so?

Genavelle.9516

I just want to express that I am VERY unhappy with the current service regarding gems and the gemstore. About a week ago I paid $20 for 1600 gems, mainly because I wanted to buy the limited time halloween witch costume. So I then bought this for 700 gems. Then the item, through some glitch or something, disappeared from my mail and I have posted in here several times, submitted a help ticket, and was told that I should receive the item within 72 hours. Except then it still never came. So I responded as soon as I could to let the guild wars team know that my item was still missing. Now I have received an email that they’re sorry, but there’s nothing they can do and I will not be receiving my costume. And while this is of course, rather disappointing, what is the worst is that I have not been refunded my 700 gems. If I paid my money to buy something, and did not receive it due to an error in the game and not of my own fault, if I cannot ever get this item I have a right to be refunded my money.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Posted by: Lunasun.2491

Lunasun.2491

ticket number: 121027-003090

I have been trying a few times now to buy gems, every time after i confirm on paypal, and get redirected to the website, i get an error…and dont receive the gems, same with my creditcard.

When i just started the game, i think it was half September, managed to buy 800 gems without any problem, using paypal.

Several weeks later the problems started, i tried purchasing gems with my (verified) paypal account, and my creditcard, no success, sent in a support ticket.

Anet reply: In reviewing your account, I can see that I am able to override your purchase restriction for 24 hours. Please make your purchase within this time frame. If you are unable to make the purchase within that time, you may need to contact us again.

(I tried again to make a purchase, and even though the restriction was off for 24 hours, no succes.. )

My reply: Why? do i have a restriction on my account?

Anet reply: Please don’t worry too much about our security system. In this case, it was more general than personal.

Please just be aware that we have implemented new purchase limits to help prevent fraudulent credit card use. These limits restrict the number of purchases for each product per household and/or credit card used within a certain timeframe. This is a system-wide security measure. Trying to purchase past the limit on a different or new account will always result in an error.

So…. after buying 800 gems, once, 10 euros worth, i triggered the purchase restriction already… hmmm…

I am still trying to buy gems, been trying for over a month now… sent in another support ticket..

Anet reply: Looking over your purchase attempts, it appears that there may be a setting in your Internet browser or computer that is blocking features of our website that are used to evaluate purchase attempts. This matters as the Guild Wars 2 game client utilizes your default web browser to create the interface for the Black Lion Trading Company. When this happens, these transactions are considered risky and the system will not allow them to go through.

The following suggestions have resolved this issue for some customers:

— Use a different Internet browser
— Try from a different computer
— Adjust your security settings
— Make sure that Java script is enabled

So…. im using the same computer the same browser, have not changed my settings, even have guildwars2.com added to trusted websites, was able to purchase gems with that SAME computer, SAME browser and SAME settings, and now the issue would be on my end????

Sorry i just dont believe that. I never ever had any issue whatsoever with any game or website, this is getting ridiculous.

So after reading all the posts here, i realized im certainly not the only one having this issues, that proves for me, the issue isnt on our end, please fix this Anet!

Btw. this is my second ticket, my 1st ticket about this issue was created at 9-22-2012 and still i cant buy gems…….

Guild Leader of: We R In Style – Server: Underworld
http://werinstyle.shivtr.com/ https://www.facebook.com/WeRInStyle

(edited by Lunasun.2491)